(#1-06) "Lost on Spirit Road" (Inactive)

Game Master rainzax

A shipment of relics on its way to Minkai vanished somewhere in the Forest of Spirits, a dense woodland home to kami and spirits of all sorts. In search of the missing shipment, Pathfinder agents travel to a remote village, where they uncover secrets of this enigmatic forest.

Slides / Maps > Lost on Spirit Road
Resource > Faction Boons (PDF)
Resource > (GM Numbat's) Org Play PbP intro
Resource > Joining Pathfinder Society: Faction, Training, Network Items, and First Boons
Symbols > Single Action (◆), Double Action (◆◆), Triple Action (◆◆◆), Free Action (◇), Reaction (↺)


151 to 200 of 327 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Sasha smells the air... but is unable to detect anything in her immediate area...

Raini, I believe Sasha's Perception bonus is +8 not +11. Source.

...

GM Screen:

Sasha to Seek (Perception): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

...

Combat Tracker (Round Four):

Poracha (-22 hydro, -9 force, -8 cold, -6 bite, -6 punch)

Arlen (-13 bite, -22 claw, +14 heal)
Donavin
Keemul >>ready @ 10-ft<<
Lucian >>ready @ 5-ft<<
Raini (-14 bite)
Sasha (-13 bite, +12 heal)

...

Arlen and Donavin are Up!

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 41/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 0/1 | Hero Pt 2/2 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 36/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---
GM rainzax wrote:

Sasha smells the air... but is unable to detect anything in her immediate area...

Raini, I believe Sasha's Perception bonus is +8 not +11. Source.

GM rainzax:
Sasha is a mature animal companion - 4th level Druid feat. Raises Perception to expert (+4). Get's my level bonus (+4). Wis moves from +2 to +3 due to this bump (+3). Total should be +11.
Horizon Hunters

Half-Elf Fighter 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 17; 18 with Shield | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +5 | Perception +7 | Hero Point 1/1 | Conditions: None | Speed: 25ft | Exploration Mode: Search

Donavin will seek again and then ready an action to attack if it appears within his reach.

◆ - Seek
◆◆ - Ready Action - Strike

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Strike: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Slashing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Donavin tries to discern amongst the overgrowth... but is unable to detect anything in his immediate area... and like Keemul and Lucian, readies an attack the moment the beast rears it's head...

...

GM Screen:

Donavin to Seek (Perception): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

...

Combat Tracker (Round Four):

Poracha (-22 hydro, -9 force, -8 cold, -6 bite, -6 punch)

Arlen (-13 bite, -22 claw, +14 heal)
Donavin >>ready @ 5-ft<<
Keemul >>ready @ 10-ft<<
Lucian >>ready @ 5-ft<<
Raini (-14 bite)
Sasha (-13 bite, +12 heal)

Raini:

Got it. Went ahead and backwards applied to Sasha's Seek, but wasn't enough to change the outcome. Sorry to nag. Cheers.

...

Arlen is Up!

Vigilant Seal

Human Monk 3 (Runescarred) | HP 36/41 | AC 21; 22 with Shield | Fort +8, Reflex +11, Will +7 | Perception +5 | Hero Point 1/1 | Conditions: None | Speed: 35ft | Exploration Mode: Scout

Arlen flares his wards and readies a flurry of attacks at any approaching creature.

flurry: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 bludgeon damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
flurry: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 bludgeon damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

◆ +1 AC, ◆◆↺ readied action to flurry


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

As the party adapts their tactics, Poracha remains fierce! Lashing out at Sasha with another cruel bite, she rips into an artery, spilling blood onto Arlen and Donavin, who seizing their moment, take their readied attacks!...

28 piercing damage to Sasha (critical hit)

...Arlen swings twice and misses with both strikes, cursing at blowing his opportunity, while Donavin comes closer with his sword slash, but whose attack is also narrowly evaded, and Poracha - but not before smiling at the two! - disappears back into tree cover...

...

GM Screen:

1d6 ⇒ 6
Poracha Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 312d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 4) + 7 = 14
Poracha Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 142d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 1) + 7 = 10
Poracha Sneak: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

...

Combat Tracker (Round Five):

Poracha (-22 hydro, -9 force, -8 cold, -6 bite, -6 punch)

Arlen (-13 bite, -22 claw, +14 heal)
Donavin
Keemul
Lucian
Raini (-14 bite)
Sasha (-13 bite, +12 heal, -28 bite)

...

The Party is Up!

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 41/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 0/1 | Hero Pt 2/2 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 36/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Raini will stabilize Sasha and attempt a diplomacy check on the Poracha to end the bloodshed.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (16 in Giant Rage) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +5 | Hero Points 1/3 | Conditions: Clumsy 1 | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

Keemul doesn't want to disrupt Raini's attempts to solve the problem, and he still can't find the poracha. Granted, he doesn't think his fellow gnome's plan will work, so he shuffles closer in case of retaliation.

Step, then Ready as per last turn.

Readied Strike:
Flickmace: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Keemul narrows the field, stepping closer to where he imagines the beast will spring forth and attack, and readies to wallop it with his flickmace.

...

Raini, Sasha is @ 7/36 hit points by my count (see Combat Tracker), standing, conscious, and stable. Please advise. Also, speaking is a free action within reasonable length.

...

Combat Tracker (Round Five):

Poracha (-22 hydro, -9 force, -8 cold, -6 bite, -6 punch)

Arlen (-13 bite, -22 claw, +14 heal)
Donavin
Keemul >>ready @ 10-ft<<
Lucian
Raini (-14 bite)
Sasha (-13 bite, +12 heal, -28 bite)

...

Arlen, Donavin, Lucian, Raini and Sasha are Up!

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 41/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 0/1 | Hero Pt 2/2 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 36/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

GM rainzax:
Got it. Forgot about the last heal when I looked at my profile numbers. I will adjust my actions now.

Raini will direct a targeted healing spell from his staff of healing at his gravely injured animal companion. He will then direct his comrade to seek out the enemy again and attack.

Healing spell: 1d8 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10

Command animal companion (◆), Cast 2-action heal spell (◆◆)

Sasha will attempt to spot the enemy and then attack if found.


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Raini infuses positive energy into Sasha's soul, and the large cat begins sniffing the air for Poracha, but is unable to see, hear, nor smell it...

...

GM Screen:

Sasha to Seek (Perception): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

...

Combat Tracker (Round Five):

Poracha (-22 hydro, -9 force, -8 cold, -6 bite, -6 punch)

Arlen (-13 bite, -22 claw, +14 heal)
Donavin
Keemul >>ready @ 10-ft<<
Lucian
Raini (-14 bite)
Sasha (-13 bite, +12 heal, -28 bite, +10 heal)

...

Arlen, Donavin, and Lucian are Up!

Horizon Hunters

Exploration Mode Default-Perception (looking for threats) Ancient Elf, Universalist Wizard, Scholar (arcana), AC 16; Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +5 HP 12, Perception +3; Speed 30 ft.

Roit, this is gettin' embarassin' Lucian thinks as he can't seem to track the beastie to get off a good blast at it. Ready to finish this nonsense, he focuses in and tries to find where it is.

Percaption: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

I misspelled perception, but I don't want to fix it as I think it will reroll.

If Lucian sees it:

He will electric arc it (◆◆) Electric Arc DC 17 Reflex: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

If he doesn't:

Lucian gives a resigned sigh and again gets ready to go defensive.

(◆)Readied action to stab the Poracha: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Lucian squints hard, and... nothing comes up. Ready stands ready with his dagger!"

...

GM Screen:

Lucian to Seek (Perception): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

...

Combat Tracker (Round Five):

Poracha (-22 hydro, -9 force, -8 cold, -6 bite, -6 punch)

Arlen (-13 bite, -22 claw, +14 heal)
Donavin
Keemul >>ready @ 10-ft<<
Lucian >>ready @ 5-ft<<
Raini (-14 bite)
Sasha (-13 bite, +12 heal, -28 bite, +10 heal)

...

Arlen and Donavin are Up!

Vigilant Seal

Human Monk 3 (Runescarred) | HP 36/41 | AC 21; 22 with Shield | Fort +8, Reflex +11, Will +7 | Perception +5 | Hero Point 1/1 | Conditions: None | Speed: 35ft | Exploration Mode: Scout

Arlen will once again shield himself with his runes and prepare to strike the enemy back.

flurry: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Will hero point this if it misses, tired of rolling poorly.
flurry: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

◆Shield, ◆◆↺ Readied action to flurry an enemy in reach.


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Taking protective measures, Arlen prepares to strike the creature if it rears it head!

...

Combat Tracker (Round Five):

Poracha (-22 hydro, -9 force, -8 cold, -6 bite, -6 punch)

Arlen (-13 bite, -22 claw, +14 heal) >>ready @ 5-ft<< + >>shield<<
Donavin
Keemul >>ready @ 10-ft<<
Lucian >>ready @ 5-ft<<
Raini (-14 bite)
Sasha (-13 bite, +12 heal, -28 bite, +10 heal)

...

Donavin are Up!

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 41/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 0/1 | Hero Pt 2/2 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 36/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Forgot to add this reaction. Please use at the next opportunity. (↺) Infernal Detonation - A creature within 30' of you targets you or an ally with an attack; Effect - The creature takes fire damage equal to 1d6 + 4 (my level). Basic Reflex save for 1/2 damage. DC = 20.

Horizon Hunters

Half-Elf Fighter 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 17; 18 with Shield | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +5 | Perception +7 | Hero Point 1/1 | Conditions: None | Speed: 25ft | Exploration Mode: Search

Donavin will ◆ Seek the creature, frustration clearly starting to show on his face. "Show yourself, coward!

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Donavin searches his immediate area, but is unable to track Poracha...

...

GM Screen:

Donavin to Seek (Perception): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

...

Donavin?

Horizon Hunters

Half-Elf Fighter 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 17; 18 with Shield | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +5 | Perception +7 | Hero Point 1/1 | Conditions: None | Speed: 25ft | Exploration Mode: Search

In that case, he will prepare to attack if it appears within his reach again, hoping that he can tag the poracha this time.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Slashing Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Arlen, Donavin, Keemul, and Lucian wait for the Poracha to strike from the bushes... they hear a rustling nearby the wizard and the ranger... when suddenly it jumps out to strike at Lucian and immediately three things happen simultaneously: The feline absolutely mauls Lucian, and him and Donavin both spring their attacks - Lucian's narrowly missing and Donavin's striking home - and Raini's flaming trap triggers!. With Lucian lying on the ground, critically wounded and barely clinging to life, Poracha taunts "This will be all your fates, should you not turn back now!" and then successfully sneaks back into the tree cover...

Lucian takes 18 piercing from a bite attack, knocking him to Dying 1, Prone, and Unconscious, followed by a cruel critical claw attack (for 26 damage), leaving him at Dying 3, and in very serious danger!

Donavin chops Poracha for 4 damage, Raini's fire burns for 3 damage.

Raini:

Please post your Boons in Discussion tab.

...

GM Screen:

1d5 ⇒ 4
Poracha Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 172d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 6) + 7 = 18
Poracha Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 292d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 4) + 7 = 13
Poracha Sneak: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Poracha Reflex vs 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Raini Fire Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

...

Combat Tracker (Round Six):

Lucian (Dying 1 > 2 > 3, prone, unconscious)

Poracha (-22 hydro, -9 force, -8 cold, -6 bite, -6 punch, -4 chop, -3 fire)

Arlen (-13 bite, -22 claw, +14 heal)
Donavin
Keemul
Raini (-14 bite)
Sasha (-13 bite, +12 heal, -28 bite, +10 heal)

...

Arlen, Donavin, Keemul, Raini, and Sasha are Up!

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (16 in Giant Rage) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +5 | Hero Points 1/3 | Conditions: Clumsy 1 | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

Keemul hears more than sees the poracha's latest reappearance. He flings himself over to find the creature gone again and Lucian at Pharasma's door. "If I ever find you, you'll get your own talk on fate, cat!" Tearing a flask from his pack and the cork from it with his teeth, the gnome pours it down his elven friend's gullet.

◆ Stride
◆ Interact to Draw potion
◆ Interact to use potion on Lucian

My mace is only held in one hand, so I'll need an action if I want to use it later.

Minor Healing Potion: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Keemul, the Dark Trees are Difficult Terrain - meaning it'll take 2 Strides to get to Lucian in time. Please advise.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 41/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 0/1 | Hero Pt 2/2 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 36/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Raini will stabilize Lucian with a cantrip, bringing him out of death's door and at least stable, breathing and not bleeding.

With his remaining action, Raini will direct Sasha to seek out the Poracha and attack it.

Keemul, I suggest you change your actions since you couldn't reach Lucian and administer the potion. Your call. Also, we still have hero points. I advise using them if we can turn the tide.

Vigilant Seal

Human Monk 3 (Runescarred) | HP 36/41 | AC 21; 22 with Shield | Fort +8, Reflex +11, Will +7 | Perception +5 | Hero Point 1/1 | Conditions: None | Speed: 35ft | Exploration Mode: Scout

Arlen looks surprised for a moment, "It can talk!?" he then gathers his wits and attempts to make a request. "We have come here to catch the thief that has angered the kami spirits, we cannot simply give up and turn around when we can help those in need!"

Either way, he still readies himself for another attack.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

flurry: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
flurry: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

◆make a request, ◆◆↺ readied to flurry

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (16 in Giant Rage) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +5 | Hero Points 1/3 | Conditions: Clumsy 1 | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

Ah, I guess moving through the wagons squares wouldn't cut it either. Sorry! And I'll definitely be using my Hero Point if I get a chance. Won't work on Seek, though.

Keemul finds himself standing over Lucian, but in more of a guarded manner. For all the good it has done him hence, his eyes rove over the tree line.

I'll Stride twice and Seek again instead, at +5.


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Raini stabilizes Lucian, guiding Sasha to attack the beast, but she is unable to detect his presence. Arlen opens his mouth to offer a truce, but ends up insulting Poracha instead, who is already hostile in any case. Keemul dashes across to protect Lucian from further harm, keeping his eye out, but unable to detect danger.

...

GM Screen:

Sasha to Seek (Perception): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Keemul to Seek (Perception): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

...

Combat Tracker (Round Six):

Lucian (stable: Wounded 1, prone, unconscious)

Poracha (-22 hydro, -9 force, -8 cold, -6 bite, -6 punch, -4 chop, -3 fire)

Arlen >>ready<< (-13 bite, -22 claw, +14 heal)
Donavin
Keemul
Raini (-14 bite)
Sasha (-13 bite, +12 heal, -28 bite, +10 heal)

...

Dark Green trees are Difficult Terrain.

Donavin is Up!

Horizon Hunters

Half-Elf Fighter 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 17; 18 with Shield | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +5 | Perception +7 | Hero Point 1/1 | Conditions: None | Speed: 25ft | Exploration Mode: Search

Donavin will again Seek the Poracha, and then ready his attack for if it appears. He focuses his mind to make sure that the hit is true. He was given the water rune, his mind was strong, but adaptable - and that is what he needed now, the strength of the waves, and the ability to turn the tide. (Hero Point to Reroll) and activates his Potency Rune to aid in the assault.

This thing had to die!

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
slashing damage: 2d10 + 3 ⇒ (10, 5) + 3 = 18


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Donavin intends to end this madness. With Lucian unconscious, he readies his attack! Poracha jumps out from hiding to strike at the fighter... A perfect strike! Right intot his neck, puncturing a major artery, and felling Donavin, prey caught in a cruel hunter's jaws...

...but before he falls unconscious, Donavin manages to to plunge his sword into the beast's heart, causing it to unclench it's deathgrip. The predator screams "NO!?" in surprise and anger, confused how his perfect strike hadn't simply done the killing trick!

The two crash together onto the ground. Donavin bleeding out, and Poracha slain, it's body settling deeper over onto the blade, impaling further, and widening the bloody hole in it's chest...

Donavin takes 26 piercing critical damage, and is Dying 2.

...

GM Screen:

1d4 ⇒ 2
Poracha Jaw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 312d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 1) + 7 = 13

...

Combat Tracker (Round Seven):

Lucian (stable: Wounded 1, prone, unconscious)
Donavin (0 hp; dying 2, prone, unconscious)

Poracha (-22 hydro, -9 force, -8 cold, -6 bite, -6 punch, -4 chop, -3 fire, -18 chop)

Arlen >>ready<< (-13 bite, -22 claw, +14 heal)
Keemul
Raini (-14 bite)
Sasha (-13 bite, +12 heal, -28 bite, +10 heal)

...

Arlen, Keemul, Raini, and Sasha are up!

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (16 in Giant Rage) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +5 | Hero Points 1/3 | Conditions: Clumsy 1 | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

Keemul resists bashing the dead-or-dying poracha on his way past, as it would be obviously petty. For now he confines himself to a derisive, "Hmph." The gnome then hustles over to Donavin and administers his potion.

If we're still in initiative, that'll be ◆ Stride, ◆ Draw, ◆ Feed Donavin.

Minor Healing Potion: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

End of Encounter!

I will post followup tomorrow - what a fight!

While we are here, why doesn't the party choose whom to award a Hero Point to?

Also, I assume the party will take 10 minutes at least to collect themselves; go ahead and post those actions.

Vigilant Seal

Human Monk 3 (Runescarred) | HP 36/41 | AC 21; 22 with Shield | Fort +8, Reflex +11, Will +7 | Perception +5 | Hero Point 1/1 | Conditions: None | Speed: 35ft | Exploration Mode: Scout

Arlen refocuses through meditation while staying out of the way of the medics tending the wounded.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 41/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 0/1 | Hero Pt 2/2 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 36/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Wow, what a fight. Sneak is the devil! :( I nominate Keemul, for standing guard over the prone Lucian and Donavin for the valiant death stand!

Raini will immediately stabilize Donavin so that the healing potion from Keemul will maximize effect.

"I will heal us all, the best I can. I will start with the severely injured." begins the druid. "That fight could have gone very bad for us. I can't imagine why that beast would take such delight in our blood and misery. It makes little sense, but that is the fey sometimes." offers Raini.

I used one 1st level Heal spell from my prepared spells, one from my staff of healing and my Heal Animal focus spell. I used Stabilize, but that is a cantrip. That leaves 2 staff 1st level heal spells and my 2 scrolls of 1st and 2nd level.

Raini uses the two remaining staff charges to heal Donavin and Lucian. Both are targeted spells to maximize the healing dose.

Heal spell for Lucian: 1d8 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15
Heal spell for Donavin: 1d8 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15

Raini quickly bandages his wounds and comforts Sasha as he takes a breather to rest and meditate.

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (16 in Giant Rage) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +5 | Hero Points 1/3 | Conditions: Clumsy 1 | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

Whew! I know good rolls aren't much of a Hero Point prerequisite, but I'd feel more comfortable about getting one if I had succeeded at pretty much any there. I thusly nominate Raini right back for consistently pointing out the poracha and having the healing to keep us from super-death! Seems in keeping with the earth traits.

Now that the danger has surely passed, Keemul gives the poracha a light kick to check its status. "It's dead, I think? We'll never know what its motives were, then, but good riddance." His next one is a bit harder, but then the gnome is done. He tosses over Donavin's hammer when he's in any shape to catch it. "You dropped this!"

As he made it through the fight pristine, albeit annoyed, he stands guard while his friends recover.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 41/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 0/1 | Hero Pt 2/2 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 36/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

After waiting 10 minutes or so, to recharge his primal focus, Raini will use his animal totem focus to heal his companion.

Heal Animal focus spell, 2-action casting: 2d8 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6) + 16 + 1 = 29

NOTE: I forgot to auto-heighten this earlier. :(

Raini smiles and wipes a tear away as Sasha's grievous wounds mend. He whispers to her, "I'm sorry you suffered these wounds my dear. I'm sad it came to violence at the hands of a fey creature. I owe you my life and my gratitude.".

The druid then pulls out a scroll from his pouch and uses it to cast a heal spell on himself.

Heal spell from scroll: 1d8 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12

"Arlen, I am out of healing scrolls with the exception of a second level spell. I do have a minor healing potion you are free to use to heal the remainder of your injuries." offers the druid.

Horizon Hunters

Exploration Mode Default-Perception (looking for threats) Ancient Elf, Universalist Wizard, Scholar (arcana), AC 16; Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +5 HP 12, Perception +3; Speed 30 ft.

Agreed, a rather epic battle! I nominate Keemul for standing guard over us or Donavin for delivering that epic death blow even as he was taken down.

"Uhh!" Lucian grunts sitting upward and assuming a defensive posture before taking in the scene around him. He is awake in time to see the epic defeat of the beast and flops to the grass breathing heavily. As the fight ends and healing is being administered, he offers, "Thanks, mate," to Raini, then fiddling with his gear, he pulls out a minor potion of healing saying, "Ah'm still not pairfect, but if sumbdy else needs this more, 'ave at it."

Between the potion and the spell, Lucian is actually healed to full, so he's just whining and being dramatic about the not being "pairfect" thing. If anyone needs the potion, feel free.

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 41/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 0/1 | Hero Pt 2/2 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 36/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

"Fair warning. If we see another poracha, I'm running the other way." states the diminutive gnome, half seriously. He shakes his head and begins to inspect his gear and redistribute it, trying to keep busy so he doesn't dwell on how close that battle really was.


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Spirits in the Woods (Part Four)

The party rests for 10 minutes.

Arlen refocuses his Ki. Raini empties his staff's energies to quickly restore his comrades Lucian and Donavin, and heals himself with a scroll, then soothes his companion for 10 minutes before casting yet another healing spell, expending his just-regained focus. Lucian enjoys being tended to while Keemul stands around trying to render himself useful (handing Donavin back his hammer). Donavin remains silent.

Arlen and Raini recover Focus. Raini then expends it again.
Donavin restored +15 hp; Lucian restored +15hp; Raini restored +12hp; Sasha +29hp.

...

...

Party Status:

Arlen (-13 bite, -22 claw, +14 heal) = 20/41 HP, 0/0 potions, 1/1 Focus
Donavin (+15) = 15/20 HP, 0/1 talismans, 0/0 potions
Keemul = 22/22 HP, 0/0 potions
Lucian (+15) = 12/12 HP, 0/0 potions
Raini (-14 bite, +12 scroll) = 41/43 HP, 0/0 potions, 0/1 Focus
Sasha (-13 bite, +12 heal, -28 bite, +10 heal, +29 heal) = 36/36 HP

If you feel there is a discrepancy, please post in Discussion - otherwise, I am holding the party to these resources moving forward.

...

No sooner does Arlen come out of meditation, and Raini finishes healing Sasha, does the party hear a Scream off in the distance!...

...

0) Please check the Party Status spoiler above
1) After hearing the scream, what do you do? Stay here 10 more minutes or go?
2) If you go, what Exploration Mode tactics do you employ (if different than in Character Bar)?

Horizon Hunters

Exploration Mode Default-Perception (looking for threats) Ancient Elf, Universalist Wizard, Scholar (arcana), AC 16; Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +5 HP 12, Perception +3; Speed 30 ft.

"Dinnah like the sound o' that" Lucian mutters. And begins looking and listening closely in the direction from which the sound came.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

And then he adds, "Dinnah yer ghost pals say there was a Poracha and a Kitsune? If'n that's correct, seems we should only have the foxy one left."

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (16 in Giant Rage) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +5 | Hero Points 1/3 | Conditions: Clumsy 1 | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

"Are you sure your books said this was a benign place?" Keemul wonders aloud. "We haven't run into anyone nice here. Well, besides the invisible kami chap. Isn't it weird that the one we could never see is agreeable, but the one flitting in and out of sight was a jerk?" He steps forward as if to hunt down the scream's source, but looks back for confirmation from Raini, who might not be all ready.

Should the party follow, his jabbering continues in a quieter voice, but there's just as much of it as he Searches.

Vigilant Seal

Human Monk 3 (Runescarred) | HP 36/41 | AC 21; 22 with Shield | Fort +8, Reflex +11, Will +7 | Perception +5 | Hero Point 1/1 | Conditions: None | Speed: 35ft | Exploration Mode: Scout

Arlen downs his lesser healing potion as he moves to race off towards the source of the sound. "We need to move!"

healing: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6) + 5 = 16

Horizon Hunters

Male Quarter-Elf Magus 14

"We have to help them." says the recently felled, then recovered Donavin. If Lucien is still offering it, he will also down that potion.

Horizon Hunters

Exploration Mode Default-Perception (looking for threats) Ancient Elf, Universalist Wizard, Scholar (arcana), AC 16; Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +5 HP 12, Perception +3; Speed 30 ft.

If noone else has already claimed it, Lucian will happily give the potion to Donavin.


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Spirits in the Woods (Part Five)

The PCs race ahead, and seem to recognize a short heavy-set man with a round, clean-shaven face (now pretty scruffy) and a taller athletic woman with broad shoulders standing over a team of wagons arranged in a circle creating a little camping area in it's center.

As you approach, the woman readies her longspear - pointing it at whoever is progressing the fastest - while the man lets an elated expression slowly develop across his face, starting with a dropping of his jaw and ending with a raising of his eyebrows, leaving him momentarily at a loss for words!

...

Party Status:

Arlen (-13 bite, -22 claw, +14 heal, +16 potion) = 36/41 HP, 1/2 potions (lv1), 1/1 Focus
Donavin (+15) = 15/20 HP, 0/1 talismans
Keemul = 22/22 HP, 1/1 potions, 1/1 talisman
Lucian (+15) = 12/12 HP, 1/1 potions, 1/1 bomb
Raini (-14 bite, +12 scroll) = 41/43 HP, 1/2 potions (lv2), 0/1 Focus
Sasha (-13 bite, +12 heal, -28 bite, +10 heal, +29 heal) = 36/36 HP

...

So Pathfinders, what's the play?

Horizon Hunters

Male Gnome Barbarian 1 (Fey-Touched) | HP 22/22 | AC 18 (16 in Giant Rage) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +4 | Perception +5 | Hero Points 1/3 | Conditions: Clumsy 1 | Speed: 25 | Exploration Mode: Search

Keemul can't be bothered to remember all the details of Amara Li's descriptions of the caravan leaders. Still, these two look conflicted as to whether they should fight, and he doesn't see any reason to sway them. His peaceable nature has only been turned against him once in this forest. So far.

"...Hello there," the gnome says uneasily, but returns to his usual swagger in a flash. "You seem a bit wary and quite happy to see us. Depends on which of you I ask. Now, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but we're looking for at least a pair of folks who look a lot like you."

Horizon Hunters

Exploration Mode Default-Perception (looking for threats) Ancient Elf, Universalist Wizard, Scholar (arcana), AC 16; Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +5 HP 12, Perception +3; Speed 30 ft.

"'f Ah'm not mistaken, ye'd be Lin Po an' Ti Lan, yeah? Amara Li sent us ta find ye. Seems like things 'ave gone a tad sideways fer ye?" he says, eyeing up Ti Lan quite a bit as he speaks.


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Ti Lan lowers her spear barely an inch, still skeptical, pointing it now towards the elf and his objectifying gaze - Lin Po puts his hand on the spear to lower it further, and perhaps out of sheer exhaustion, rendering whatever 'ordinary' reaction he might otherwise display utterly inaccessible, laughs!

"Oh!" He says, his 'laugh' now bordering on sounding like crying, then back to sounding like laughing - in a word: hysterically "We were barely able to fend off a creature stalking - almost took more from our crew - I hate to report that we've lost a few - and to boot, our mission has been going poorly - some of the items we're to protect have gone missing!" he continues with his emotionally strained response.

Ti Lan stares at Lucian while she speaks "You look hurt - perhaps you're not up to completing the mission's necessary sub-directive?" a dare?

...

So?

Envoy's Alliance

NG Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Druid 4 | HP 41/43 | AC 20 | F +9 R +9 W +12 | Perc +10/+11 sight| Stealth +9 | eed 25’ | Focus 0/1 | Hero Pt 2/2 | Exp Mode: Detect Magic | Active Conditions: --- Sasha (Black Panther Animal Companion) | HP 36/36 | AC 21 | F +10 R +12 W +11 | Perc +11| Stealth +12 | Speed 35’ | Active Conditions: ---

Raini catches up to the others and witnesses the exchange.

"Relax everyone. We are all on the same side. Our orders came from the very same place as yours. Besides, my mamma once said - you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. Same goes with adventuring - you can't help but to get a few cuts and bruises along the way. It was a tough battle to get to you, but here we are. Perhaps collectively we can retrieve your missing items and make it home safely. What do you say?" offers the druid diplomatically.

Raini will use Diplomacy to befriend the skeptical Ti Lan.

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Horizon Hunters

Exploration Mode Default-Perception (looking for threats) Ancient Elf, Universalist Wizard, Scholar (arcana), AC 16; Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +5 HP 12, Perception +3; Speed 30 ft.

"Roit, lass," Lucian says, "Loik me wee mate says, we're all on the same side," but then adds, a playfully suggestive glint in his eye, "but if'n yer worried about how Ah perform physically, Ah'd be delighted ta give ye a proivate demonstration later. Fer roit now, mebe we should gather up yer lost trinkets. We've killed off yer Poracha, but some weird ghosty boys said there was a Kitsune as well? Did the specters 'ave it roit?" and all the while he's speaking, he simply stares down Ti Lan while smiling.


Lost on Spirit Road | Arlen Bales (1/2), Donavin Tambe'thala (0/2), Keemul Nogginsmasher (1/3), Lucian Zinnelis (2/2), Raini Riversong (2/2) | Treasure (3/10) | Action Symbols: (◆), (◆◆), (◆◆◆), (◇), (↺) | Seek

Spirits in the Woods (Part Six)

For this Social Encounter, PCs are welcome to try either an Influence check (like Raini, Keemul, and Lucian above), or a Discovery check.

Influence checks use the Diplomacy, Deception, and Intimidation skills by default, or alternatively, any other skills "discovered" to be useful. For each successful Discovery check, a PC may open one spoiler below.

Discovery #1 (Perception) DC 15:

Ti Lan can be reassured by a Nature check to describe to her how the party defeated the Poracha.

Discovery #2 (Perception) DC 15:

Lin Po can be reassured by a Society check to convince him that the party are indeed Amara Li's agents.

Discovery #3 (Perception) DC 15:

Either Ti Lan or Lin Po can be reassured by a Religion check describing how the benevolent spirits of the forest guided the PCs here.

...

Social Tracker:

Arlen to (?)
Donavin to (?)
Keemul to Influence (who? roll?)
Lucian to Influence Ti Lan (roll?)
Raini to Influence Ti Lan @ 20 (Diplomacy)

...

Waiting on a couple of rolls...

Horizon Hunters

Half-Elf Fighter 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 17; 18 with Shield | Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +5 | Perception +7 | Hero Point 1/1 | Conditions: None | Speed: 25ft | Exploration Mode: Search

Donavin, had been watching the interaction and reading the situation as best he could Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16.

He turns to Lin Po and states "If you're worried about the Poracha, I wouldn't. I killed it, that's how I got this wound." He indicates the dent in his armour and a blood soaked arm.

Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"It stalked it's way through the bushes, and jumped out out us, hitting us time and time again, but I was raised in the deep woods. I am used to ambush predators. I laid in wait for it and just as it came and struck me down, I stuck my own blade where it hurts. My allies were on hand to help me up." He tells the story to the woman.

"We can handle most anything that comes our way, I reckon."

Realised I may need to wait on the second check, so ignore that roll if so!

151 to 200 of 327 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / (PFS2) (#1-06) "Lost on Spirit Road" Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.