GM Quirk's Threefold Conspiracy

Game Master Quirk, Private Eye

Campaign maps and slides


2,851 to 2,900 of 2,965 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Acquisitives

Female halfling envoy 3 / biohacker 3 | SP 42/42 : HP 35/38 : RP 6/7 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 | F +8 : R +8 : W +7 | Init +3 : Perc +15 : SM +13 (+1d6) : Med +13 (+1d6) | Speed 30 BH 4/5 : IB B/J/R/T : TDW B/J/R/T | Bottle Caps 2

Lilly watches Rar’gul smash the drone with a brutal hammer blow, followed by John disappearing around the reactor, presumably in pursuit of Shea.

She looks up to the technician and takes aim.

Caustolance at technician: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Minor inhibitor (it’s all she has left)
Minor inhibitor (5 round duration): -1 penalty to attack rolls + Frightening Injection. No save.

Lilly grins wickedly as the biohack hits home, burning through the technician's armor and flowing into her body.

“I’m going to love watching this course through your veins. First you'll scream. Then you'll beg me to end you.”

Move action to use Frightening Injection on the technician.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Frightening Injection: You accompany your injections with a promise of terrible effects that shakes your target’s resolve. As a move action when you successfully inject a creature with a substance (including a biohacker’s biohack) using a weapon that has the injection special property, you can attempt an Intimidate check to demoralize that creature before the end of your turn. A creature can be affected by this ability only once per day. The DC of this check is equal to either 10 + your opponent’s total Intimidate skill bonus, or 15 + 1-1/2 × the opponent’s CR, whichever is greater. If you succeed, the target is shaken for 1 round. The duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which the result of your check exceeds the DC.


Male LG Trox Dream Prophet Vanguard 6 | SP 72/72 HP 50/50 | RP 6/8 | EAC 17(18); KAC 17(18) (+1 w/EP)| Fort +10; Ref +8; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +12, SM: +1, Dark vision 60ft | Speed 40ft (Burrow 20ft)| FoP 0/1 | Frenzy 0/1 | Reactive 1/1 | Asp Emb 1/1| EP 0/5 |Active conditions: -

Sorry GMQ - I made a little mess of that last turn - needed to move into the room to be in range of the drone. So only the first attack would be valid.

I have corrected Rar'gul's position on the slide.


John, you critted, so your trick attack damage is doubled as well!
additional trick attack damage: 3d8 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) = 10

Shez is left bleeding by John's brutal thrust, while the technician shows a fearful expression on her face when Dr. Flint-Bridge shoots her.

Shez's drone is a sparking mess, but it hasn't stopped moving yet.

Round 1, bold may go.

1. T'sorkel
2. Enemy red--Shez (-30)
3. Enemy yellow--Shez's drone (-37)
4. Rar'gul
5. Enemy green--Steward Technician (-6, -1 to hit, and shaken)
6. Beauregard
7. John (-16)
8. Dr. Flint-Bridge


Male CG Shirren Xenoarchaeologist Mystic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 42/42 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
Spell tracker:
Mystic 1: 0/5, Mystic 2: 1/4, Healing Word 1/1

T'sorkel darts into the room,seeing Rar'gul and John taking on the robot and Shez. He looks up at the technician and motions to him. Come on down from there. It's going to be ok.

Cast Command on the technician for him to approach. Will Save DC 16


will save: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27

The technician pays T'sorkel's magic no heed.

Shez collects himself and lashes out at John with a hand axe he pulls from his belt.

bleed damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

to hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Hit!

The drone attempts to hit Rar'gul.

to hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
damage, B: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Miss!

Round 2, bold may go.

1. T'sorkel
2. Enemy red--Shez (-33)
3. Enemy yellow--Shez's drone (-37)
4. Rar'gul
5. Enemy green--Steward Technician (-6, -1 to hit, and shaken)
6. Beauregard
7. John (-24)
8. Dr. Flint-Bridge


Male LG Trox Dream Prophet Vanguard 6 | SP 72/72 HP 50/50 | RP 6/8 | EAC 17(18); KAC 17(18) (+1 w/EP)| Fort +10; Ref +8; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +12, SM: +1, Dark vision 60ft | Speed 40ft (Burrow 20ft)| FoP 0/1 | Frenzy 0/1 | Reactive 1/1 | Asp Emb 1/1| EP 0/5 |Active conditions: -

Rar'gul ducks to the side, easily avoiding the drone's attack.

Bolstered by his evasion (Aspect Embodiment: +1 EP; 2/5), the trox reaches out to grab the drone, attempting to crush it beneath the weight of its own internal energies.

Entropic strike (vs EAC): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
A&B Damage, Force: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 4) + 11 = 18

Turning his back on the drone, Rar'gul approaches the technician (5ft if the drone is still up, otherwise all the way to the catwalk), a field of shimmering energy forming along his forearm as he moves.
(Entropic Shield - Field Tactical Shield: +1/+1; EAC/KAC: 19)


Rar'gul absolutely trashes Shez's drone, leaving nothing but a pile of sparking debris.

The technician shakes as she backs down the catwalk and aims down at Rar'gul.

trick attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
to hit with shaken penalty: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 - 1 = 17
Tricked! Since you are now flat-footed, you are BARELY hit!
damage, F, non-lethal: 1d6 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (1) = 7

Round 2, bold may go.

1. T'sorkel
2. Enemy red--Shez (-33)
3. Enemy yellow--Shez's drone (out of action)
4. Rar'gul (-7 and flat-footed)
5. Enemy green--Steward Technician (-6, -1 to hit, and shaken)
6. Beauregard
7. John (-24)
8. Dr. Flint-Bridge

Acquisitives

Female halfling envoy 3 / biohacker 3 | SP 42/42 : HP 35/38 : RP 6/7 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 | F +8 : R +8 : W +7 | Init +3 : Perc +15 : SM +13 (+1d6) : Med +13 (+1d6) | Speed 30 BH 4/5 : IB B/J/R/T : TDW B/J/R/T | Bottle Caps 2

With the drone down and Rar’gul taking care of the technician, Lilly calls Beauregard over comms.

“Help Rar’gul with the technician. I’m going for Shez.”

Lilly moves along the reactor to the rear of the room. She sights her rifle at Shez, ready to shoot next round.

“I’ve got your back, John. Finish him!”

Inspiring boost on John for 10 stamina points.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Operative 6 Init +6 Percept +11 SenseMotive +11 // F 3* R 9 W 5 // EAC 18 KAC 18 ; Stamina 48/48 HP 40/40 Resolve 6/7

John feels a sudden burst of energy come on. His confidence that this Shez is an imposter swells. "Sorry, I think you be the wrong Shez." John pulls his sword clear, makes as is to lunge it into the lashunta's chest again, but flicks it quickly toward the man's throat.

Trick attack, bluff v 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35 If successful opponent flat-footed. If attack hits, opponent takes 3d8 extra damage, and flat-footed or off target until my next turn.

Melee sword cane, tactical v KAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 ... damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 critical Bleed 1d3; Analog.operative)

Trick attack bonus damage: 3d8 ⇒ (6, 6, 6) = 18

And Shez is taking 1d3 bleed damage til he stops it. If 18 hits, it's looking bad for Shez. And thanks for the stamina, Janosian.


Shez goes down.

There is yelling outside in the corridor.

John gets 10 SP back. Beauregard may go.

Grand Lodge

Male Nuar Sta 42/42 HP 19/36 RP 6/7 EAC 18, KAC 21, Init +0, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +2

Walk in, shut the door?

"What's the plan now?"

Acquisitives

Female halfling envoy 3 / biohacker 3 | SP 42/42 : HP 35/38 : RP 6/7 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 | F +8 : R +8 : W +7 | Init +3 : Perc +15 : SM +13 (+1d6) : Med +13 (+1d6) | Speed 30 BH 4/5 : IB B/J/R/T : TDW B/J/R/T | Bottle Caps 2
Beauregard wrote:
”What's the plan now?”

Lilly calls to Beauregard and the rest of the team over comms.

“Beau, what do you see out there? Are they coming our direction or headed to the guard room or going somewhere else?"

"Our target is the control room. Depending on what you see, we should head there next.”

Silver Crusade

Male Human Operative 6 Init +6 Percept +11 SenseMotive +11 // F 3* R 9 W 5 // EAC 18 KAC 18 ; Stamina 48/48 HP 40/40 Resolve 6/7

"Don't let them trap us in here. There's no back door. Take the doc and Rar'gul and get to the control room. T'sorkel and I can take care of the technician and try to mess with the power. We'll meet up after you open the ship bay doors."

Phrased kind of like orders but take them or leave them. I do think it's important not to get holed up in the reactor room. For diversions, I was thinking about scramming the reactor, but then we might not be able to open the bay doors. How many of us can see in the dark? John's got blind-sight, so I'm not too much afraid of being blind. Maybe I can douse the lights or turn off life support. What do you think?


Some type of ruckus continues to be heard from down the corridor.

I have placed a green "X" in the general vicinity of the noise. I won't lie to you--it's likely more guards.

Round 3, bold may go.

1. T'sorkel
2. Enemy red--Shez (DEAD)
3. Enemy yellow--Shez's drone (out of action)
4. Rar'gul (-7 and flat-footed)
5. Enemy green--Steward Technician (-6, -1 to hit, and shaken)
6. Beauregard
7. John (-24)
8. Dr. Flint-Bridge


Male CG Shirren Xenoarchaeologist Mystic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 42/42 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
Spell tracker:
Mystic 1: 0/5, Mystic 2: 1/4, Healing Word 1/1

T'sorkel has blindsense (vibration)

I'm with you, John. We can deal with the last one. The Shirren aims his sonic pistol at the technician and fires.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Silver Crusade

Male Human Operative 6 Init +6 Percept +11 SenseMotive +11 // F 3* R 9 W 5 // EAC 18 KAC 18 ; Stamina 48/48 HP 40/40 Resolve 6/7

Is Shez turning reptoid? What is his obvious gear? No gameplay actions below. Just some description.

John pulls his sword free and quickly jabs it into Shez again to make sure the lashunta is not playing dead. Then he turns and looks up at the technician on the catwalk. "Surrender and we won't hurt you."


Male LG Trox Dream Prophet Vanguard 6 | SP 72/72 HP 50/50 | RP 6/8 | EAC 17(18); KAC 17(18) (+1 w/EP)| Fort +10; Ref +8; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +12, SM: +1, Dark vision 60ft | Speed 40ft (Burrow 20ft)| FoP 0/1 | Frenzy 0/1 | Reactive 1/1 | Asp Emb 1/1| EP 0/5 |Active conditions: -

At John and Doc's words, Rar'gul turns to regard the technician. There would be little challenge there for his companions.

Ever the dutiful soldier, he nods and sets off for the corridor. Peaking around the doorfame, he checks for signs of company uphead.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

If the coast looks clear, he'll continue down the corridor, his entropic shield still deployed.


Shez's skin slowly turns to a scaly green pallor, though his injuries are still evident. His face shrivels and takes on the form of a reptoid.

Looking toward the technician, she has already transformed into a reptoid. She hisses and replies to John, "It is YOU who should surrender! Director Hird will be along anytime to END this!"

And with that, she once again aims her weapon and fires at John.

trick attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
damage, F, nonlethal: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

For all her bluster, she's not a very good shot.

DOWN THE CORRIDOR, Rar'gul finds more friends.

Emerging from the darkness are two more reptoids, armed similarly to the guards you encountered as you entered the secure area. With them is Jox Hird, the director of Tyrkalis base.

The director speaks. "Where...will...you...go? There is no escape. You are DOOMED!"

Round 3, bold may go. I am going to add Hird and two "stewards" to
the tail of initiative.

1. T'sorkel
2. Enemy red--Shez (DEAD)
3. Enemy yellow--Shez's drone (out of action)
4. Rar'gul (-7 and flat-footed)
5. Enemy green--Steward Technician (-6, -1 to hit, and shaken)
6. Beauregard
7. John (-24)
8. Dr. Flint-Bridge

9. Jox Hird
10. Steward Constable Red
11. Steward Constable Green

Silver Crusade

Male Human Operative 6 Init +6 Percept +11 SenseMotive +11 // F 3* R 9 W 5 // EAC 18 KAC 18 ; Stamina 48/48 HP 40/40 Resolve 6/7
GM Quirk wrote:

Shez's skin slowly turns to a scaly green pallor, though his injuries are still evident. His face shrivels and takes on the form of a reptoid.

Looking toward the technician, she has already transformed into a reptoid. She hisses and replies to John, "It is YOU who should surrender! Director Hird will be along anytime to END this!"

...

A corner of John's mouth ticks upward. Although grateful that He didn't kill the real Shez, he can't spare time for an actual smile.

"If this be ending soon, you won't mind telling me where the real Shez be? "

Maybe John really wants to know maybe not, because he follows the question with a shot from his pistol while he moves toward the ladder.

Once again, what's Shez's obvious gear? And is the reactor in a pit in the room's center or does it stand up from the floor, possibly providing cover? And please confirm that the NW corner of the room is a ladder to the catwalk.

Fire then Move as shown to gain cover if possible.

Trick attack, bluff v 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21 If successful opponent flat-footed. If attack hits, opponent takes 3d8 extra damage, and flat-footed or off target until my next turn.
arc pistol, static v EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 ... damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 (critical Arc 2; Stun)

Trick attack bonus damage: 3d8 ⇒ (3, 5, 1) = 9

Grand Lodge

Male Nuar Sta 42/42 HP 19/36 RP 6/7 EAC 18, KAC 21, Init +0, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +2

Open door (move action) go down hall (Second move)


John U. Rawlins wrote:


Once again, what's Shez's obvious gear? And is the reactor in a pit in the room's center or does it stand up from the floor, possibly providing cover? And please confirm that the NW corner of the room is a ladder to the catwalk.

Sorry about that. I'll list the gear below.

The reactor extends from the floor. It is about 15' high.

There is a ladder in the NW corner (near the entrance) that goes up to the catwalk.

Shez's gear: D-suit I, tactical handaxes (2), frostbite-class zero pistol with extra battery, mk. I mindlink circlet.

I'll make another post addressing other aspects of your post in a bit.

Acquisitives

Female halfling envoy 3 / biohacker 3 | SP 42/42 : HP 35/38 : RP 6/7 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 | F +8 : R +8 : W +7 | Init +3 : Perc +15 : SM +13 (+1d6) : Med +13 (+1d6) | Speed 30 BH 4/5 : IB B/J/R/T : TDW B/J/R/T | Bottle Caps 2

Lilly swaps her rifle for her newly acquired injector pistol.

Nice balance… I’m gonna like this.

She exits the reactor room and makes speed down the hallway.

“We’re right behind you, Rar’gul. Let’s finish this.”

Double move out of the reactor room and down the hallway.


John U. Rawlins wrote:


A corner of John's mouth ticks upward. Although grateful that He didn't kill the real Shez, he can't spare time for an actual smile.

"If this be ending soon, you won't mind telling me where the real Shez be? "

Maybe John really wants to know maybe not, because he follows the question with a shot from his pistol while he moves toward the ladder.

John misses the wily technician up on the catwalk.

"I don't even know if there ever WAS a real Shez!" The technician laughs uncomfortably as she attempts to maneuver to keep anyone who is shooting at her off balance. "Are YOU even real? I think that's the important question here."

She appears to be readying to fire again.


Rar'gul, we won't worry too much about the door. I figure things are all happening so fast that Beauregard might be able to open the door for you as you move forward, then falling in behind you with the Dr.

THOUGH APPEARING HUMAN at first, as Jox Hird rushes forward, his eyes betray his reptilian nature. He begins by activating something attached to his armor, then moving purposefully toward Rar'gul.

His staff gleams as he swings it at the Trox.

to hit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
damage, E: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

He lands a punishing hit.

The two other reptoid stewards open fire with their sidearms.

to hit, red vs. Dr. Flint-Bridge: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 - 2 = 27
damage, F: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Hit! They have an ability that allows them to ignore at least some cover. I'll still give Lilly some cover for being behind Rar'gul. Oh, Rar'gul, you probably have reach, so take an AoO on red if you would like.

The other one fires at Rar'gul.

to hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
damage, F: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Round 4, bold may go. I am going to add Hird and two "stewards" to
the tail of initiative.

1. T'sorkel
2. Enemy red--Shez (DEAD)
3. Enemy yellow--Shez's drone (out of action)
4. Rar'gul (-27)
5. Enemy green--Steward Technician (-6, -1 to hit, and shaken)
6. Beauregard
7. John (-24)
8. Dr. Flint-Bridge (-7)
9. Jox Hird
10. Steward Constable Red
11. Steward Constable Green


Male CG Shirren Xenoarchaeologist Mystic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 42/42 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
Spell tracker:
Mystic 1: 0/5, Mystic 2: 1/4, Healing Word 1/1

T'sorkel glances nervously towards the sound of Hird confronting Rar'gul. John, they may need our help... He glances back at the technician and his worry and anxiety dives into the Archive. Almost without realizing what he's going, he finds portions of the technician's memories and tries to sever his mind from them.

Mind Thrust (Will DC 17 for half): 4d10 ⇒ (3, 7, 2, 9) = 21


Male LG Trox Dream Prophet Vanguard 6 | SP 72/72 HP 50/50 | RP 6/8 | EAC 17(18); KAC 17(18) (+1 w/EP)| Fort +10; Ref +8; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +12, SM: +1, Dark vision 60ft | Speed 40ft (Burrow 20ft)| FoP 0/1 | Frenzy 0/1 | Reactive 1/1 | Asp Emb 1/1| EP 0/5 |Active conditions: -

+1 EP from damage taken; EP: 3/5

The director speaks wrote:
"Where...will...you...go? There is no escape. You are DOOMED!"

Rar'gul takes the full force of Director Hird's strike. Straightening, he casually adjusts his armour and regards the human before him.

"Well. Thrrough you firrst, it seems," he replies cooly. The trox shifts his feet slightly, assuming a ready stance.

His eyes never leaving he director, he swipes out with his shield as the closest steward shoots at him.

AoO, Entropic strike (vs EAC): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
A&B Damage, Force: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 2) + 11 = 19

Throwing a fist at Hird, he slides the other direction to carefully circle the director and move further into the room.
(Attack and Guarded Step)

Entropic strike (vs EAC): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
A&B Damage, Force: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 2) + 11 = 16


Male LG Trox Dream Prophet Vanguard 6 | SP 72/72 HP 50/50 | RP 6/8 | EAC 17(18); KAC 17(18) (+1 w/EP)| Fort +10; Ref +8; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +12, SM: +1, Dark vision 60ft | Speed 40ft (Burrow 20ft)| FoP 0/1 | Frenzy 0/1 | Reactive 1/1 | Asp Emb 1/1| EP 0/5 |Active conditions: -

Oops! I'd meant to include this - does Rar'gul recognise what Hird touches on his armour?

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


will save vs. mind thrust: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Made it. She'll take half damage.

Rar'gul returns Hird's blow with his own hard-hitting attack. Hird grunts as the strike hits him.

Rar'gul:
You believe the control that Hird touched on armor is likely some sort of remote control or remote activation. You may need to have a closer look at a small digital display that you think is near the button that was pushed to get a better idea of what exactly this is.

The technician continues the gun duel with John.

She has moved in such a way that John won't get any cover.
trick attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (5) = 13
No trick and no hit.

Round 4, bold may go. I am going to add Hird and two "stewards" to
the tail of initiative.

1. T'sorkel
2. Enemy red--Shez (DEAD)
3. Enemy yellow--Shez's drone (out of action)
4. Rar'gul (-27)
5. Enemy green--Steward Technician (-16, -1 to hit, and shaken)
6. Beauregard
7. John (-24)
8. Dr. Flint-Bridge (-7)

9. Jox Hird (-19)
10. Steward Constable Red
11. Steward Constable Green

Grand Lodge

Male Nuar Sta 42/42 HP 19/36 RP 6/7 EAC 18, KAC 21, Init +0, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +2

Beau Moves forward and Tries to attack yellow around the corner and with his giant companion in the way.

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22and then whatever penalties the GM decides

damage if hit: 1d6 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 5 = 11

Silver Crusade

Male Human Operative 6 Init +6 Percept +11 SenseMotive +11 // F 3* R 9 W 5 // EAC 18 KAC 18 ; Stamina 48/48 HP 40/40 Resolve 6/7

John doubles over as if he's been hit, then suddenly steps back, straightens up, and points his pistol at the tech.

Trick attack, bluff v 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35 If successful opponent flat-footed. If attack hits, opponent takes 3d8 extra damage, and flat-footed or off target until my next turn.
arc pistol, static v EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 ... damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 (critical Arc 2; Stun)

Trick attack bonus damage: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 6, 1) = 11

Acquisitives

Female halfling envoy 3 / biohacker 3 | SP 42/42 : HP 35/38 : RP 6/7 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 | F +8 : R +8 : W +7 | Init +3 : Perc +15 : SM +13 (+1d6) : Med +13 (+1d6) | Speed 30 BH 4/5 : IB B/J/R/T : TDW B/J/R/T | Bottle Caps 2

The constable’s shot burns into Lilly, blurring her vision for a moment and pulling a whimper from her throat.

That might leave a mark.

Lilly funnels the anger and pain into focus and determination.

“Get Hird — dissect the reptile! We’re almost out of here, Rar’gul.”

Move: Get ‘em on Hird
Standard: Inspiring Boost on Rar’gul restores 9 SP.


The technician back in the reactor room clutches her chest after John shoots her. She is dreadfully injured, though she still levels her pistol toward John.

Beauregard is able work his way to the corner. He slices at Hird, piercing his armor and inflicting a wound.

Hird continues to try to take Rar'gul down.

to hit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
damage: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Hit!

One of the "steward" constables backs up and fires at Rar'gul.

guarded step to position shown on map.
to hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
I think that is a miss.

The other constable holds his position and pulls out a vicious looking hooked sword, attacking Rar'gul.

to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Hit!

Round 5, bold may go. I adjusted Rar'gul's damage based on Dr. Flint-Bridge's inspiring boost. Also moved damage from Hird to red.

1. T'sorkel
2. Enemy red--Shez (DEAD)
3. Enemy yellow--Shez's drone (out of action)
4. Rar'gul (-49)
5. Enemy green--Steward Technician (-31, -1 to hit, and shaken)
6. Beauregard
7. John (-24)
8. Dr. Flint-Bridge (-7)
9. Jox Hird (-11, Get 'em!))
10. Steward Constable Red (-19)
11. Steward Constable Green


Male CG Shirren Xenoarchaeologist Mystic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 42/42 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
Spell tracker:
Mystic 1: 0/5, Mystic 2: 1/4, Healing Word 1/1

T'sorkel continues his psychic assault on the technician, though something about the destruction of memories, the violence, or simply his own fatigue keeps the Shirren from pressing as hard as he can. It's a effort that is tinged with sadness at what is being done.

Mind Thrust (1st level) (Will DC 16 for half): 2d10 ⇒ (9, 9) = 18

Silver Crusade

Male Human Operative 6 Init +6 Percept +11 SenseMotive +11 // F 3* R 9 W 5 // EAC 18 KAC 18 ; Stamina 48/48 HP 40/40 Resolve 6/7

Nice! That will probably drop the tech, based on GMQ's last description. Rar'guls doing an ace job holding our beachhead but seems like he needs a little help. GMQ, most games,I've played in you can move freely through ally's squares, but quarters here are a little cramped. How do you feel about us moving through Ra'rgul?


Male LG Trox Dream Prophet Vanguard 6 | SP 72/72 HP 50/50 | RP 6/8 | EAC 17(18); KAC 17(18) (+1 w/EP)| Fort +10; Ref +8; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +12, SM: +1, Dark vision 60ft | Speed 40ft (Burrow 20ft)| FoP 0/1 | Frenzy 0/1 | Reactive 1/1 | Asp Emb 1/1| EP 0/5 |Active conditions: -

Correct GMQ 2nd attack was a miss, AC currently 19

+1 EP from damage taken; EP: 4/5

Rar'gul continues his dance with Hird. He slides another careful step around his opponent, swiping a backhand blow with his energy shield as he glides toward the middle of the room. (Attack and Guarded Step)

Entropic strike (vs EAC): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
A&B Damage, Force: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 4) + 11 = 19


The technician grabs her head, dropping her pistol as she does. With a scream, she falls from the catwalk.

Her corpse slowly transforms back to its natural reptoid form.

Rar'gul's attack bounces off the very nice armor that Jox Hird sports. It's not only functional and practical, but also rather attractive!

Regarding moving through and allies square: I am fine with it, though remember you can't end in a square currently occupied by another token (I think Dr. Flint-Bridge may have an ability that lets her break this rule). THAT SAID, it would be my preference that Rar'gul attempt to move to a position where he can be his full token size in the next turn or so. Please keep this in mind as the rest of you move into the space where the battle is currently ongoing.

Round 5, bold may go.

1. T'sorkel
2. Enemy red--Shez (DEAD)
3. Enemy yellow--Shez's drone (out of action)
4. Rar'gul (-49)
5. Enemy green--Steward Technician (DEAD)
6. Beauregard
7. John (-24)
8. Dr. Flint-Bridge (-7)

9. Jox Hird (-11, Get 'em!))
10. Steward Constable Red (-19)
11. Steward Constable Green

Grand Lodge

Male Nuar Sta 42/42 HP 19/36 RP 6/7 EAC 18, KAC 21, Init +0, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +2

Beauregard steps forward and continues chopping at yellow.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
damage if hit: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Acquisitives

Female halfling envoy 3 / biohacker 3 | SP 42/42 : HP 35/38 : RP 6/7 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 | F +8 : R +8 : W +7 | Init +3 : Perc +15 : SM +13 (+1d6) : Med +13 (+1d6) | Speed 30 BH 4/5 : IB B/J/R/T : TDW B/J/R/T | Bottle Caps 2

Beau — Did you include the +1 for Get ‘Em?

“Get Hird!”
Move: Get ‘em on Hird

Lilly focuses through the pain, bracing against the side wall and aiming her pistol at the leader. She squeezes off the shot.

Zoologist pistol at Hird: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Minor inhibitor (it’s all she has left)
Minor inhibitor (5 round duration): -1 penalty to attack rolls, No save.

The action of pulling the trigger sends new waves of pain through her body, making her shot go wide.

Focus, Lillithbryne... dammit, focus. Use the pain. Use the pain.

Grand Lodge

Male Nuar Sta 42/42 HP 19/36 RP 6/7 EAC 18, KAC 21, Init +0, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +2
Doctor Flint-Bridge II wrote:

Beau — Did you include the +1 for Get ‘Em?

No, so vs KAC 20

Silver Crusade

Male Human Operative 6 Init +6 Percept +11 SenseMotive +11 // F 3* R 9 W 5 // EAC 18 KAC 18 ; Stamina 48/48 HP 40/40 Resolve 6/7

It be so much easier when they dehumanize themselves.

John waits for the transformation to start then turns to the doorway and dashes out.

" Sounds like the others need us T'sorkel."

John turns and sprints down the hall.

" Get down, doc! Keep right, Beau! Coming over the top big guy!"

John half vaults the halfling and scrapes the wall behind the nuar but keeps going. There's no option with Rar'gul. John leaps onto the Troy's back and again over his head. He hits the floor in a roll and momentum carries him back to his feet in front of the farthest adversary.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Operative 6 Init +6 Percept +11 SenseMotive +11 // F 3* R 9 W 5 // EAC 18 KAC 18 ; Stamina 48/48 HP 40/40 Resolve 6/7

Double move at 40 base should get me to the upper right corner of the room by blue. On my phone and can't move John on screen. That will draw AoO from red and yellow, moving through 3 threatened squares I think. Can't target them to negate an AoO.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Acquisitives

Female halfling envoy 3 / biohacker 3 | SP 42/42 : HP 35/38 : RP 6/7 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 | F +8 : R +8 : W +7 | Init +3 : Perc +15 : SM +13 (+1d6) : Med +13 (+1d6) | Speed 30 BH 4/5 : IB B/J/R/T : TDW B/J/R/T | Bottle Caps 2

Lilly is so focused on the tension between aiming her gun and keeping her pain under control that she misses John's warning. She feels a breeze as John whips past her down the hallway then watches him vault Rar'gul and disappear in the fray.

"Bonus points if you stick the land--OWww" A fresh stab of pain cuts her joke short.

She winces and hugs her arm to her side. Fresh blood seeps across her shoulder plate.

That's what I get for being jovial at a time like this.

She shakes off the pain and raises her pistol again.

"New plan," she says to nobody in particular. "Let's just kill them all and get out of here."


Your 24 actually -just- makes it for the FIRST threatened square. However, you'll have to make separate rolls for the other two squares, and the DC goes up by 2 for each additional square. In order to speed things along, I'll go ahead and roll these for you. I did go ahead and position your token, please make sure it's where you wanted it.

Nevermind. Since two enemies are threatening that square, the DC is 2 higher. You failed. They're going to commence with the beating.

AoO, Hird: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
damage: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

AoO, Steward Constable: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Not pretty. Looks like I may be barely into HP, unless there is still damage from earlier I'm not accounting for.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Operative 6 Init +6 Percept +11 SenseMotive +11 // F 3* R 9 W 5 // EAC 18 KAC 18 ; Stamina 48/48 HP 40/40 Resolve 6/7

24 previous, 20 and 19 makes 63. Leaves me 25 HP. Is what it is.


Correction: John is at least 11 into HP.

Beauregard and Dr. Flint-Bridge both miss their target, though Beauregard's attack was close.

Jox Hird turns his attention to the Nuar near the entrance who is being a pain in his neck. He swings his staff.

to hit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
damage, E: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Hit.

The Constables each attack their nearest enemy, red vs. Rar'gul, blue vs. John. Blue will drop his rifle and pull out his wicked curved blade.

to hit, red vs. Rar'gul: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

to hit, blue vs. John: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Both misses!

Round 6, bold may go.

1. T'sorkel
2. Enemy red--Shez (DEAD)
3. Enemy yellow--Shez's drone (out of action)
4. Rar'gul (-49)
5. Enemy green--Steward Technician (DEAD)
6. Beauregard (-14)
7. John (-59)
8. Dr. Flint-Bridge (-7)

9. Jox Hird (-11, Get 'em!))
10. Steward Constable Red (-19)
11. Steward Constable Blue


Male LG Trox Dream Prophet Vanguard 6 | SP 72/72 HP 50/50 | RP 6/8 | EAC 17(18); KAC 17(18) (+1 w/EP)| Fort +10; Ref +8; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +12, SM: +1, Dark vision 60ft | Speed 40ft (Burrow 20ft)| FoP 0/1 | Frenzy 0/1 | Reactive 1/1 | Asp Emb 1/1| EP 0/5 |Active conditions: -

"Hey!" Rar'gul calls as Hird strikes John.

Sliding another step around the director to help shield his friend (Guarded Step), Rar'gul draws himself up to his full height and clenches his fists before him. "You'rrre going to wish you hadn't done that," he says coldly.

(Enters a Frenzy on ally taking HP damage: +2 att, -2 AC for 1 min)

He punches out at Hird with a mighty fist.

Entropic strike (vs EAC): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 16 w/Frenzy & Get 'Em
A&B Damage, Force: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 6) + 11 = 23
Boy oh boy, have I been rolling poorly lately!

Frenzy: 1/10 +2 att, -2 AC


Male CG Shirren Xenoarchaeologist Mystic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 42/42 | RP 7/7 | EAC 16 KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
Spell tracker:
Mystic 1: 0/5, Mystic 2: 1/4, Healing Word 1/1

T'sorkel rushes out to the hallway and sees the battle ahead. He tries to figure out how to help from the hallway and reaches out to Hird's mind. He inserts the memory of a flashing lights, hoping to distract the Director.

Casting Wisp Ally on Hird. Beau will get a +2 to hit (stacks with Get 'em) for his first attack on Hird each round.

Acquisitives

Female halfling envoy 3 / biohacker 3 | SP 42/42 : HP 35/38 : RP 6/7 | EAC 15 : KAC 16 | F +8 : R +8 : W +7 | Init +3 : Perc +15 : SM +13 (+1d6) : Med +13 (+1d6) | Speed 30 BH 4/5 : IB B/J/R/T : TDW B/J/R/T | Bottle Caps 2

Lilly’s vision blurs for a moment, then clears in time to watch Hird land a blow on Beauregard.

Somewhere in a memory, she hears her father’s training. "You’ll get into all kinds of trouble out there, but a good team can get through anything. Always protect your team."

She pushes off the wall and tries to clear her head.

“Shrug it off, Beau. We’ll take him down — we can do this! Get Hird!!”

Standard: Inspiring boost on Beau for 10 stamina points.
Move: Get ‘em on Hird

Silver Crusade

Male Human Operative 6 Init +6 Percept +11 SenseMotive +11 // F 3* R 9 W 5 // EAC 18 KAC 18 ; Stamina 48/48 HP 40/40 Resolve 6/7

You're right. 19 to hit, 15 damage. Leaves me 29 hp.

John dodges the curve blade, and pain from his earlier wounds sears through his side. He sags against the wall. The curve blade bounces against the floor to the outside. John lunges desperately from his apparently weak position to take advantage of the opening.

Trick attack, bluff v 20+CR: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 If successful opponent flat-footed. If attack hits, opponent takes 3d8 extra damage, and flat-footed or off target until my next turn.
sword cane v blue KAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 critical Bleed 1d3; Analog.operative)
Trick attack bonus damage: 3d8 ⇒ (1, 7, 7) = 15

Grand Lodge

Male Nuar Sta 42/42 HP 19/36 RP 6/7 EAC 18, KAC 21, Init +0, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +2

Forgoing his axe, Beau just hauls off and punches the guy with his natural attack.

attack yello: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 29
1 for get em, 2 for wisp ally
damage if hit: 1d3 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

"This is so stupid, JUST END THIS, WE KNOW IT'S ALL FAKE!"

2,851 to 2,900 of 2,965 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Quirk's Threefold Conspiracy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.