[SFS 1-26] [Outpost III] GM Cellion's Truth of the Seeker (Inactive)

Game Master Cellion

Maps & Handouts


51 to 100 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Tiefling Male CN Icon Soldier 3/Envoy 3 | SP 0/45 HP 10/43 | RP 7/8 | EAC 22 / KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Dark vision | Speed 50ft/30ft JumpJets | Active conditions: None.

Ray leans forward and accepts the pouring of the tea. He continues to gaze at Alsuka qualitatively, "My dear, this tea is as wonderful as you are wise and I certainly have appreciated this time with you. You have, however, piqued my interest about this 'Tempering.' I would like to learn more of this event and yourself but first, I would like to ask how you know Jadnura?"

Diplomacy-1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Diplomacy-2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Jeebus, these rolls...

Wayfinders

Dwarf Envoy4/Soldier1 | SP 0/36 HP 20/37 | EAC 21 KAC 22 | RP 4/5 | Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 13 | Init 6 | Perc 5 |

The dwarf raised an eyebrow as the eyes lingered on himself before finally reaching to his pouch and producing a flask. Taking the half-full cup of tea, he poured some of his wine into the cup as well, deciding to just contribute a little. "One of the things my associates do from time to time is when sharing drinks, just mix them together to share an experience and see if it's worth producing again."

He slowly swirled the concoction around before starting to drink again. As he puckered his lips in thought, he finally nodded in eventual approval at the wine-infused tea. He offered the flask towards the host. "Care to join me in a custom as well? My space port is nice."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 5 SP 35 / 35 | HP 34 / 34 | RP 7 / 7| EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 | Active conditions: None

Port in a sea-tea? I don't think the flavors would compliment each other.

Jaqweh sips his tea and listens while he patiently waits for Alsuka to chat with Ray and the dwarf. Small talk is, after all, something he has to be able to do at embassy and high society parties.

When the timing is just right, he finishes his tea and sets the cup down. "Alsuka, have you ever seen how they grow the sea-tea on Tyamovia? It's simply incredible. I've heard from a mormalaw I know that they're hiring them from their home on Arniselle to help with the harvesting. Though I dont imagine many of their kind come through here," he finishes with a look at the normal-sized door.

Diplo, Expertise: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 13 + (6) = 32
Diplo, Expertise: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 13 + (4) = 20

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Non-Binary Skittermander Soldier (Sharpshooter) / 3 / Solarion /2 | SP 13/40 HP 24/37 | RP 7/7 | 21 EAC ; 21 KAC | 29 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +7; Ref +6 (+7); Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Darkvision 60’ | DR: 5 | Resist: 5 Sonic | Hyper 0/1 | Jump Jets 10/10 | Emblem 2/2 Active conditions: Graviton Attunement 3 +1 Reflex

Ki almost vibrates off their seat with the enthusiastic bouncing at Alsuka's compliment but manages to take control of themselves. It wouldn't do to embarrass Jadnura. Take control of your centre like your teachers told you! they admonish themselves as they clearly fight to stop bouncing.

"Me love the tea Nufriend! Not had this one before, is there another blend you would recommend? Me would love to buy some for home! Who is your supplier?" they beam up at their Kasathan host, taking another sip of steaming tea.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Acquisitives

Korasha Borai (Lashunta) Spacefarer Soldier 5| EAC 19 KAC 20| SP 60/60 HP 41/41 RP 5/5| F +8 R +4 W +4| Percep 0, Init +3

"As far as tea goes, it's tasty enough, but since you're asking, I generally prefer something with more of a kick or bite to it, if you get my meaning."
Culture: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Culture: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Wow, serious diplomats on this team

Alsuka looks rather impressed by almost everyone's ability to talk about tea despite their pressing task.

She avoids saying more about Jadnura than than to call him an 'Old Friend' and otherwise focuses on exchanging other comments. Ray's questions about the Tempering are answered with a brief example of one of Alsuka's friends and their own year-long Tempering journey. She happily takes a dose from Ganondwarf's flask, though after tasting the resulting mix, she simply suggests it might be an 'acquired taste'. She smoothly asks Jaqweh for more details about Tyamovia and their other exports. And to Ki, she happily indulges in a brief lesson on the various teas her shop has available as well as their unique flavor profiles.

Only Saryn earns little more than a smile and a nod, but with the fine performance from the rest of the party that doesn't seem to matter.

Four successes!
----

As the small talk dies down, she sets the tea aside and nods. "If the stories were to be believed, the newer Starfinders today had little tact and even less sense. I'm glad to find that said stories were overblown fabrications."

"Now to the reason for your visit. My old friend Jadnura stopped by only briefly, but long enough to drink a cup, and long enough for me to clearly see he was troubled. He refrained from sharing with me his troubles, as is his right, but it didn't mean I wasn't concerned. He mentioned wanting to visit a long-time mentor of his, Master Boojan. You can find Master Boojan at the Pradulex Monastery, not far from here. I will let the Master know that you're coming to allow you to enter the monastery grounds."

"A word of warning. Boojan is an elder of great repute. When you first meet him, do not speak or ask questions of him about business until he asks you to. Considering your performance here, I expect you will be fine."

As you turn to leave, she also adds "My intuition tells me that Jadnura no longer remains with the Master, and I'm left worried that he may have encountered some trouble. It eases my heart to know that there are compassionate souls looking for him. Please bring our mutual friend back safe, so we can all enjoy some tea together." On the way out, a shop assistant hands each of you a tidy pouch containing a sample of the tea you had today and a Mk2 serum of healing.

Acquisitives

Korasha Borai (Lashunta) Spacefarer Soldier 5| EAC 19 KAC 20| SP 60/60 HP 41/41 RP 5/5| F +8 R +4 W +4| Percep 0, Init +3

Saryn will be quite the remainder of this mission. If I don't post anything that is just me roleplaying.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Tiefling Male CN Icon Soldier 3/Envoy 3 | SP 0/45 HP 10/43 | RP 7/8 | EAC 22 / KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Dark vision | Speed 50ft/30ft JumpJets | Active conditions: None.

Ray makes a deep bow to Alsuka and thanks her for her time, pleasantries and the tea, tying off the pouch around his waist as he would do with many pouches he would acquire where he is from.

As they leave the shop, he turns to Saryn, "No need be glum, mate. We all have our days."

Acquisitives

Korasha Borai (Lashunta) Spacefarer Soldier 5| EAC 19 KAC 20| SP 60/60 HP 41/41 RP 5/5| F +8 R +4 W +4| Percep 0, Init +3

Saryn looks at Rayraj confused. "What?" He pulls some small cookies that had been served to them with the tea and eats them.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 5 SP 35 / 35 | HP 34 / 34 | RP 7 / 7| EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 | Active conditions: None

Jaqweh tells Alsuka what he knows of Tyamov and the little that they're able to export from that part of Gaskar III. He also adds a bit about his own Tempering experience to her conversation with Rayraj.

When they gift him with the tea and healing serum, he thanks them profusely. He adds them to his pack as they step out into the market again and heads toward the monastery with his teammates.

FWIW, I made a tiny setting mistake. Tyamov is detailed in the new Near Space book (p. 79.) It's a town-sized underwater station perched on the edge of the continental shelf on the aquatic world of Gaskar III. Sorry for any confusion.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Non-Binary Skittermander Soldier (Sharpshooter) / 3 / Solarion /2 | SP 13/40 HP 24/37 | RP 7/7 | 21 EAC ; 21 KAC | 29 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +7; Ref +6 (+7); Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Darkvision 60’ | DR: 5 | Resist: 5 Sonic | Hyper 0/1 | Jump Jets 10/10 | Emblem 2/2 Active conditions: Graviton Attunement 3 +1 Reflex

Waving goodbye to their new friend and happily accepting the gift with a bounce, Ki follows the Starfinders out of the Tea shop and back to their hired transport. So far, the Kasatha had been less stuffy than the Skitetrmander feared and had yet to throw them out of anywhere! But, knowing Solarions they knew they would have to be on their best behaviour.

"Yay! Meeting with the Master! Remember not to talk about 'Nura until asked!" they say to no-one in particular, probably reminding themself. "Tea was yummy! Don't you think so Jaq?"


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Armed with knowledge and with Alsuka's introduction preceding you, you head toward the Pradulex Monastery. Your hired car takes you to the edge of the paved areas closest to the Monastery, where the green common areas of the Idari give way to the harsh rock and sands of an artificial desert. In the distance, you see a hill topped by a structure, presumably the monastery itself according to local maps.

The hike through the desert takes one hour of surprisingly intense exercise as the sands shift beneath your feat. As you get close, the Pradulex Monastery takes clearer form - an imposing structure resting atop a tan desert hill. The structure rises well over a hundred feet above the vast desert terrain. Columns of marble-like stone stretch to the height of the building’s roof, while ancient statues of armored and robed kasathas stare down as if scrutinizing all who enter.

You make your way up the hill, and the great gates of the monastery’s interior grind open as you approach, interior light flickering through the widening gap. A trio of young kasatha initiates emerge to greet you. The oldest of the three bows very sharply and says "You're expected, it seems. This way." He gestures toward the interior. "Please don't wander far from us."

Sense Motive DC20:
This older initiate seems annoyed to be dealing with outsiders.

---

The initiates bring your group in through the Monastery's somber halls to a circular room. A crystal dome covers the ceiling here, and it reflects back patterns of stars and stellar phenomena like nebulas and comets with stunning trails. A venerable kasatha sits in the center of the chamber, meditating atop a single pillow which lies at the center of a black and white carpet. His eyes are closed.

The three initiates say nothing and retreat to the edges of the room, where they stand still and relaxed.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 5 SP 35 / 35 | HP 34 / 34 | RP 7 / 7| EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 | Active conditions: None

Sense Motive, Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 7 + (4) = 22

Jaqweh watches how the initiates deal with their guests as they are led through the facility. The older of our three 'guides' seems to be annoyed at having to deal with outsiders, he broadcasts telepathically to his teammates.

When they arrive at the audience chamber, he keeps Alsuka's advise in mind.

"Master Boojan, I presume," he opens with a precise bow. "Thank you for agreeing to meet with us."

He pauses a moment just to see if the seated figure reacts.

"Your monastery is quite impressive. May I ask if the pattern of stars in the ceiling represents the original Kasath sky? Or something more abstract, perhaps?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Non-Binary Skittermander Soldier (Sharpshooter) / 3 / Solarion /2 | SP 13/40 HP 24/37 | RP 7/7 | 21 EAC ; 21 KAC | 29 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +7; Ref +6 (+7); Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Darkvision 60’ | DR: 5 | Resist: 5 Sonic | Hyper 0/1 | Jump Jets 10/10 | Emblem 2/2 Active conditions: Graviton Attunement 3 +1 Reflex

sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Nodding at Jaq's information but deciding not to act on it now in the Monastery, Ki follows the acolytes to the Master's chamber and marvels at the depiction of the cosmos above them. Unsure whether to say anything and worried that they may inadvertently annoy the Master, which wouldn't be helpful - Ki decides to take a different approach and simply sits down on the carpet across from the Master and tries to meditate themselves, focusing on the stars above them. This was always the hardest lesson in the Empty Eye Monastery and the Skittermander occasionally fidgets as if not comfortable.

Acquisitives

Korasha Borai (Lashunta) Spacefarer Soldier 5| EAC 19 KAC 20| SP 60/60 HP 41/41 RP 5/5| F +8 R +4 W +4| Percep 0, Init +3

Saryn stands there waiting. He waits for the master to acknowledge them before speaking.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Tiefling Male CN Icon Soldier 3/Envoy 3 | SP 0/45 HP 10/43 | RP 7/8 | EAC 22 / KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Dark vision | Speed 50ft/30ft JumpJets | Active conditions: None.

During the hike, the only thing louder than the sound of the desert in the conversation between Ki and Ray, "Ah, this reminds me of the Plains of Purple Dust..." He then proceeds to answer all of Ki's questions and return each of the skittermanders energetic questions.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Upon entering the temple, Ray's not able to glean anything from the initiates but heads Jaqweh's telepathy, making a small bow to them and following their requests to stay close.

After entering the master's chambers, Ray whences at the questions Jaqweh blurts out and then sits beside Ki in silence to meditate until the master requests their attention.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Master Boojan remains silent as Jaqweh begins immediately by speaking. He merely smiles and nods in Jaqweh's direction (despite his eyes remaining closed). After a moment, he gestures at the mat around him and then at each of you to take a seat, excluding of course those who already have.

After you're all seated he resumes his meditation and stays silent for what seems like a particularly long time for any of you who did not join him in meditation. He breaks the silence by raising a wizened hand to point at Ki, before asking "Light or Darkness?" His eyes remain closed.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 5 SP 35 / 35 | HP 34 / 34 | RP 7 / 7| EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 | Active conditions: None

Ahhh, so we're doing the quiet meditation thing, Jaqweh thinks to himself as he takes a seat on a mat.

With koans? Oh, great, he inwardly groans, though he keeps his features and body language neutral. A skill quite necessary when dealing with high-society egos as he often does.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Non-Binary Skittermander Soldier (Sharpshooter) / 3 / Solarion /2 | SP 13/40 HP 24/37 | RP 7/7 | 21 EAC ; 21 KAC | 29 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +7; Ref +6 (+7); Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Darkvision 60’ | DR: 5 | Resist: 5 Sonic | Hyper 0/1 | Jump Jets 10/10 | Emblem 2/2 Active conditions: Graviton Attunement 3 +1 Reflex

Finally managing to find their centre and stop fidgeting on the mat, Ki nearly jumps when the master fires the question at them out of the eerie silence.

"Darkness, no Light" they ponder, wagging their head back and forth. "Each has their own merit, but me focuses on the nature of black holes and their cleansing void."

Nailed it! they think to themselves, despite clearly not.

Wayfinders

Dwarf Envoy4/Soldier1 | SP 0/36 HP 20/37 | EAC 21 KAC 22 | RP 4/5 | Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 13 | Init 6 | Perc 5 |

Ganondwarf turned off his various tech and gadgets to achieve a closer semblance to silence and stillness instead of having the usual pitch running of being powered on. He found the actual stillness uncomfortable, but closed his eyes all the same.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Boojan contemplates the answer for a moment, nods and intones "You are already familiar. Yes, the stellar force with compresses the mass of the universe so that even galaxies may rise from it. It both destroys stars and builds them anew. One aspect; two sides of the cycle."

The Master brings his hands together, exhales, and opens his eyes. "Welcome to Pradulex Monastery. Alsuka told me that an interesting group would be coming to visit me, and I see she was not mistaken. I do not often have a chance to meet Starfinders, but the few I have met have all had fascinating origins. Tell me, what brings you to me?"

You recognize from your experience with Alsuka that jumping straight into asking for Jadnura may be considered rude and that starting with small talk is more likely to be received positively.

In order to evaluate how well your group has grasped kasathan etiquette for this exchange, you'll need to roll a Culture or Diplomacy check, giving yourselves a +2 from Alsuka's "lesson". You can't take 10 or 20 on this check, and only the highest result matters, so you can potentially aid another or roll separately.

Wayfinders

Dwarf Envoy4/Soldier1 | SP 0/36 HP 20/37 | EAC 21 KAC 22 | RP 4/5 | Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 13 | Init 6 | Perc 5 |

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

The dwarf kept his eyes closed, but thought the "you" in question was a collective one instead of a singular and thought he should respond. "I am a conductor in the machine and I have to pass through as the rest of the circuit behind me dictates or the machine doesn't function."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Tiefling Male CN Icon Soldier 3/Envoy 3 | SP 0/45 HP 10/43 | RP 7/8 | EAC 22 / KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Dark vision | Speed 50ft/30ft JumpJets | Active conditions: None.

Feeling in awe of the master and already bearing himself partly to Alsuka, Ray starts, "Master, if I may, what can you tell us about yourself and have you ever imparted guidance to any not or your kin or religion?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 = 28

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Non-Binary Skittermander Soldier (Sharpshooter) / 3 / Solarion /2 | SP 13/40 HP 24/37 | RP 7/7 | 21 EAC ; 21 KAC | 29 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +7; Ref +6 (+7); Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Darkvision 60’ | DR: 5 | Resist: 5 Sonic | Hyper 0/1 | Jump Jets 10/10 | Emblem 2/2 Active conditions: Graviton Attunement 3 +1 Reflex

Breathing a sigh of relief that the Master didn't evict them Ki takes a moment to think over what they will say before blurting out an answer. This was clearly taxing for the Skittermander as you can almost see the steam pouring from their ears. Glad that Gannon and Ray answer before them to give them time Ki eventually replies.

"I joined the Starfinders to help people across the Pact Worlds and beyond!" they say solemnly, "Then some of us were trapped behind this strange golden dome which me later learned was called the 'Godshield'. Now free of the shield we continue our mission to help! Me joined the Monastery of the Empty Eye in Absalom and learned of the mysteries of the Cosmos. How did you become a Master here?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 = 29

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 5 SP 35 / 35 | HP 34 / 34 | RP 7 / 7| EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 | Active conditions: None

Jaqweh listens to the rest of the team, then adds his own summarized story.

"Master Boojan, my brother and I took our own Tempering journey, inspired by those of the kasathas. When things didn't go as planned, I was rescued by the Stewards and ended up joining them. They loan me out to the Starfinders as needed. But I'd be curious to hear about the Tempering of a Master such as yourself."

Tapping the roll to Aid Diplomacy with a +13
Expertise die Aiding (someone's) Diplomacy: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Wow. That's a 35 then?

Your team has little difficulty in taking a polite and respectful approach in speaking with Master Boojan. In fact, you notice a vaguely surprised expression at your courteous conduct. Master Boojan acknowledges Ganondwarf's comment with "Ah, a fine philosophy. Though some would argue you shape your own circuit as much as it is shaped for you."

Master Boojan responds to Rayraj with "Ah, I am no one of great importance. I have simply traveled far and wide in search of the mysteries of the Cycle. Some come to hear of my experiences and I am happy to indulge them. Though the philosophy of the Cycle began on the Idari, I have had the joy of seeing the philosophy appreciated by people from all over the Pact Worlds and beyond. Many have come here as well."

"The varied perspectives open my old eyes to new aspects of the Cycle I could not see alone."

Once Ki relates his experiences, the Master answers "Ah, I have heard of the Scoured Stars. A harrowing time, and yet one that forged great strength within the survivors."

To Jaqweh, he pauses a moment before responding "My own Tempering? Some days I would say I never truly completed mine. For while I learned of my place as an acolyte of the Cycle, the drive to travel and see the stellar phenomena myself never faded." He nods "If you feel there is more for you to learn about yourself, it is never too late to return to a time of Tempering."

----

Once philosophy has been discussed and stories shared, Master Boojan dismisses the three initiates back to their tasks. Once they're gone, he says "I understand you come in search of Jadnura. That young kasatha visited me a few days prior, arriving in hopes of using the monastery as a place of quiet reflection. He was troubled while he remained here, and found no solace within the monastery's walls. Not long after he recognized this, we were visited by a starship captain, Kahir of the Void Scholar, who had come to report an interesting stellar phenomena to us, as he sometimes does."

"Jadnura and I heard his tale of a star system where a black hole is frozen in the midst of consuming a sun. Originally, I had planned to take the initiates to observe this event in person. But Jadnura requested some time to view the event in seclusion. Given the troubles plaguing him, I acquiesced in hopes that the unique event would serve as a means for Jadnura to re-center himself."

"If you wish to seek him out, Kahir may be able to provide assistance. When I last spoke with him, he was planning to return to check on Jadnura soon."

Master Boojan stands and makes his way to the outer wall of the chamber where he presses a wall panel and a slim computer console slides out. Shortly afterward, you see the holographic bust of a kasathan ship captain flicker into existence above the console. Boojan introduces you to Captain Kahir, who indicates that he's happy to adjust his schedule and bring you along to visit the black hole system.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Tiefling Male CN Icon Soldier 3/Envoy 3 | SP 0/45 HP 10/43 | RP 7/8 | EAC 22 / KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Dark vision | Speed 50ft/30ft JumpJets | Active conditions: None.

Ray approaches Boojan and the hologram, after making a separate bow to each, "Greetings, Captain Kahir. We would be greatly honored if you would be will to allow us to travel with you to Jadnura's location.

Ol'Jad is a friend of mine and an inspirational leader to us. We have been tasked to locate his whereabouts and ensure his health.

Would you agree to us tagging along?"

Acquisitives

Korasha Borai (Lashunta) Spacefarer Soldier 5| EAC 19 KAC 20| SP 60/60 HP 41/41 RP 5/5| F +8 R +4 W +4| Percep 0, Init +3

Saryn tries to maintain his strong silent facade.

Culture: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 2 = 13


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Captain Kahir responds energetically, a sharp contrast from the more subdued kasatha you've been dealing with thus far. "Of course! Any friend of Master Boojan or Jadnura is a friend of mine and I was planning on checking on Jadnura anyway. He said he would be meditating for some time and he would contact me, but I haven't heard anything yet."

"In any case, you're welcome along. My ship is docked at the Crucibles, and we'll set out tonight."

As the holo-call ends, Master Boojan sees you out of the monastery with well-wishes for your journey.
---

To return to the Crucibles, you must once again pass through the Idari's artificial outer desert. Unlike last time however, as you approach a recreation of an ancient ruin, you notice a figure waiting for you next to a crumbled wall. It appears to be one of the initiates that you met on the way in to Master Boojan.

He stands with all four arms crossed over his simple linen shirt, brow furrowed in an intense scowl. A glowing sphere of light floats above him, a manifestation of his solarian gift. "Starfinders." He spits the word out. "Master's eyes are clouded due to his relationship with Jadnura, but to me your organization's true colors are clear. How many people died in the Scoured Stars? How many have your leaders sent to their deaths? Sent to far off worlds where uncaring aliens tear them apart?" His voice shakes with bitter emotion.

"My parents are dead thanks to people like you."

Wayfinders

Dwarf Envoy4/Soldier1 | SP 0/36 HP 20/37 | EAC 21 KAC 22 | RP 4/5 | Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 13 | Init 6 | Perc 5 |

Ganondwarf offered out a sympathizing outstretched hand. "Hey, man, that's rough. Your parents sound nice. If you're willing, there's a nice tea place where we can go and talk about them."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Tiefling Male CN Icon Soldier 3/Envoy 3 | SP 0/45 HP 10/43 | RP 7/8 | EAC 22 / KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Dark vision | Speed 50ft/30ft JumpJets | Active conditions: None.

Raising his had and donning a smile, Ray starts moving sideways slowly and subtly trying to gain a flanking position on the the young kasathan in case the irrational youth decides to make a move.

He begins speaking, smoothly and calmly hoping to diffuse the situation, "Listen, mate, Your parents were adults and made their own decisions. Like having you and put all their hopes into you making all the right choices. Your actions here goes against that. I advise for you to go back to the monastery and meditate with your master to find wisdom in these words."

Bluff check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 5 SP 35 / 35 | HP 34 / 34 | RP 7 / 7| EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 | Active conditions: None

"As my colleague says, your parents made their own decisions. Like us, they were volunteers. Unless... you have evidence that they were sent against their will," Jaqweh asks with sincere curiosity. "If so, the Stewards and the Idari authorities would likely be very interested in seeing such evidence."

Tapping the Diplo roll to Aid Ganondwarf
Expertise die Aid to Ganondwarf's Diplo: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The kasatha initiate scoffs at your words, too distraught by his personal pain to see any sense within them. He raises a hand and the solar mote swirls into the shape of a golden scimitar. "My name is Kan-Zal Enal. You killed my parents. Prepare to die!"

Map updated

INIT:
Jaqweh: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Rayraj: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Ganon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Saryn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Ki: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
-
KZ: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
His need to tell you his name and dramatically enter a combat stance gives you all a few moments to act first!

|||| INIT ||||
Jaqweh
Rayraj
Ganondwarf
Saryn
Ki

Kan-Zal

Bold are up

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 5 SP 35 / 35 | HP 34 / 34 | RP 7 / 7| EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 | Active conditions: None

Jaqweh steps to their left while calmly drawing his shiny new sidearm.

"Mr. Enal, I think you need to spend a little more time at the monastery working on your combat stance. You're holding your lower left arm too high."

Get'Em in effect on Kan-Zal. +1 to attacks.

Acquisitives

Korasha Borai (Lashunta) Spacefarer Soldier 5| EAC 19 KAC 20| SP 60/60 HP 41/41 RP 5/5| F +8 R +4 W +4| Percep 0, Init +3

"He is misguided. Overwroght with grief. Take it easy on him." Saryn calls out as he approaches Kan-Zal and draws his sword.

Wayfinders

Dwarf Envoy4/Soldier1 | SP 0/36 HP 20/37 | EAC 21 KAC 22 | RP 4/5 | Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 13 | Init 6 | Perc 5 |

The dwarf grumbled as he drew his axe from its scabbard, plasma running along the edge of it. "Now then. If you aren't interested in reason, then we can help you come around." He sprinted in his direction, faster than most dwarves were known for.

Demoralize: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Not worth the reroll.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Tiefling Male CN Icon Soldier 3/Envoy 3 | SP 0/45 HP 10/43 | RP 7/8 | EAC 22 / KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Dark vision | Speed 50ft/30ft JumpJets | Active conditions: None.

Ray throws the sides of his jacket aside to retrieve both his Mirage Daggers. He holds them out to his sides and the air begins to distort around them.

Ray then calls out to the group and Kan-Zal, "Well now mates, if this youngling feels that he's old enough to take on well armed and trained agents, then he's old enough to feel the consequences of his actions."

Bluffing for a Clever Feint: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

If this fails, I will forgo rolling of expertise and spend the resolve to make him Flat-Footed to everyone until the end of my turn.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Ki, I don't see any botting info in your sheet, so I'm just going to "delay" you. You can take two turns back to back this round.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Kan-Zal's solar weapon flares in tune with his anger, only blazing brighter at your jibes. He shouts out "Come, put up your blades Starfinders!" At his words, two more initiates who had been hiding behind the ruins emerge and close the distance with your group. The purple initiate rushes at Rayraj, while the blue one gangs up on Saryn with Kan-Zal.

Kan-Zal steps in at the lashunta and delivers an overhead chop with an angry shout. The blow strikes against Saryn's armor and manages to slice a shallow wound. (Dealing 15 dmg)

|||| INIT ||||
Jaqweh
Rayraj
Ganondwarf
Saryn (15 dmg)
Ki x2

Kan-Zal (get 'em, flatfooted)
Purple Initiate
Blue Initiate

Bold are up

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Tiefling Male CN Icon Soldier 3/Envoy 3 | SP 0/45 HP 10/43 | RP 7/8 | EAC 22 / KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Dark vision | Speed 50ft/30ft JumpJets | Active conditions: None.

Ray grins wide as Purple steps up to him. He makes a sweep with one dagger only to make a quick Guarded step back, making him think he got hit only to be left wanting Flat-footed.

Bluff to Feint: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 16 + 2 = 36

Acquisitives

Korasha Borai (Lashunta) Spacefarer Soldier 5| EAC 19 KAC 20| SP 60/60 HP 41/41 RP 5/5| F +8 R +4 W +4| Percep 0, Init +3

Maybe rushing forward wasn't the best idea. Saryn thinks to himself. With the new initiates, he decides against going easy on them. He then presses Kan-Zal hoping to put him down quickly. "Here is my blade. How do you like it?"

Longsword: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 4 = 5 Magic Slash Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Full Attack

Longsword: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 4 = 23 Magic Slash Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Full Attack

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 5 SP 35 / 35 | HP 34 / 34 | RP 7 / 7| EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 | Active conditions: None

Saryn, I think you forgot the +1 versus Kan-Zal from Get Em.

Jaqweh walks across he battlefield to join the dwarf. He steps carefully to avoid getting any unnecessary dirt on his bespoke combat boots.

"You there, in the blue face mask. Did Kannie-boy tell you who you'd be fighting? Veterans of the Scoured Stars - both survivors and rescuers. Seasoned soldiers all."

Diplo to Intimidate/Demoralize, Expertise: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 13 + (6) = 33

As a class feature of his archetype he can use his Diplomacy skill for Intimidate checks to demoralize a target.

Wayfinders

Dwarf Envoy4/Soldier1 | SP 0/36 HP 20/37 | EAC 21 KAC 22 | RP 4/5 | Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 13 | Init 6 | Perc 5 |

Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Hate two crit fails in a roll, reroll.
Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 3d6 + 3d6 + 5 + 1d10 ⇒ (5, 4, 2) + (6, 3, 5) + 5 + (3) = 33

Seeing that his companion was about to get flanked, he ran forward again and took a solid swing at the solarian. He really wasn't a fan of getting up close to a solarian, but he had to help the lashunta however he could.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Rather than start piling up more turns for Ki, I'm going to hazard a botting attempt:
Ki draws his artillery laser as he hops forward, turning it against blue. He attempts to subdue the fellow nonlethally with the weapon.
Art Laser (nonlethal): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 4 = 9 Fire dmg: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

The next round he attempts the same thing, except with more gusto.
Art Laser (nonlethal): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 4 = 9 Fire dmg: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Whelp. Looks like my dice are as cursed as Ganondwarf's
---

GM Screen:
1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 14 - 4 = 14 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 14 - 4 = 11 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
--
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
--
1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 - 2 = 24 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Rayraj easily confuses the purple initiate with his dagger sweeps. While the first of Saryn's attacks is parried by Kan-Zal, the second is a clean hit that draws blood.

The blue-masked initiate puts on a brave facade, but you can see from the crinkle of her forehead that the promise has left her shaken. (3 rounds) Ganondwarf follows up by delivering a devastating slash of his axe (Don't forget to also double your bonuses in addition to the base damage dice, on a crit) Though Kan-Zal remains standing, he's clearly very badly injured.
Extra crit damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Kan-Zal spins around, bleeding from his axe wound but running hot on adrenaline. He slashes twice at Ganondwarf, but has no luck against the well-trained dwarf.

The other two initiates focus on their own opponents. Both manifest solar weapons as well as they step in. The purple initiate stabs in with a glowing trident, which Rayraj is able to sidestep. The blue initiate punches with a glowing solar fist, scoring a weighty blow against Saryn. (14 dmg)

----
|||| INIT ||||
Jaqweh
Rayraj
Ganondwarf
Saryn (29 dmg)
Ki

Kan-Zal (55 dmg)
Purple Initiate (flatfoot vs. Rayjraj)
Blue Initiate (shaken 2 rds)

Bold are up

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Tiefling Male CN Icon Soldier 3/Envoy 3 | SP 0/45 HP 10/43 | RP 7/8 | EAC 22 / KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Dark vision | Speed 50ft/30ft JumpJets | Active conditions: None.

Ray's grin grows wider as he sidesteps Purple's attack and he remarks, "Geeze mate, you picked a bad day to assault a group simply passing through."

He begins to laugh as both daggers go in to sear flesh:
Eldritch Ruined Mirage Dagger-Melee vs EAC: 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 3 = 26
Fire Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Mirage Dagger-Melee vs EAC: 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 3 = 25
Fire Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Wayfinders

Dwarf Envoy4/Soldier1 | SP 0/36 HP 20/37 | EAC 21 KAC 22 | RP 4/5 | Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 13 | Init 6 | Perc 5 |

1, 1, 20, 20. This is not going to bode well for the future.
Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 6d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 4, 6, 1) + 10 = 31

Ganondwarf apparently didn't hold back, hoping that they could heal him afterwards if it came to that. Taking out solarians as quickly as possible was a completely valid strategy.

"Let's try that again. Yield!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 9 + (6) = 27

Acquisitives

Korasha Borai (Lashunta) Spacefarer Soldier 5| EAC 19 KAC 20| SP 60/60 HP 41/41 RP 5/5| F +8 R +4 W +4| Percep 0, Init +3

Saryn bell is wrung by the solarian, but he still presses Kan=Zal.

Longsword: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 4 = 10 Magic Slash Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Longsword: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 4 = 19 Magic Slash Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Non-Binary Skittermander Soldier (Sharpshooter) / 3 / Solarion /2 | SP 13/40 HP 24/37 | RP 7/7 | 21 EAC ; 21 KAC | 29 CMD (KAC+8) Fort +7; Ref +6 (+7); Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Darkvision 60’ | DR: 5 | Resist: 5 Sonic | Hyper 0/1 | Jump Jets 10/10 | Emblem 2/2 Active conditions: Graviton Attunement 3 +1 Reflex

Sorry - Fall outs from a bank holiday weekend and work

Round 1
Sad that it had to come to violence and that their allies couldn't show a bit more compassion to the troubled youngling, Ki is glad for the stun pistol they acquired recently. Rushing forwards, they draw the pistol and take aim at the young Solarion in blue assaulting their friend.

Static pistol vs Eac, deadly aim: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 = 29 for Electricity, non lethal: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5
Extra Crit Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10

The hit is palpable and it arcs into the one in Red 2 damage to red from crit effect

Round 2

Taking aim this time they go for two quick shots at the one in blue.

Static pistol vs Eac: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 4 = 22 for Electricity, non lethal: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Static pistol vs Eac: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 4 = 21 for Electricity, non lethal: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 5 SP 35 / 35 | HP 34 / 34 | RP 7 / 7| EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 | Active conditions: None

Jaqweh offers some advice on how to exploit Kan-Zal's poor stance.

Get 'Em on Kan Zal (Red). +1 to attacks

He then turns his attention to the one with the Purple bandana.

Diplo to Demoralize, Expertise: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 13 + (5) = 23


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

@Ki: I'd already botted you for rounds 1 and 2, so I'll just use that first attack of your for round 3.
---

GM Screen:
1d20 + 14 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 - 4 - 2 = 16 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
1d20 + 14 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 4 - 2 = 22 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
-
1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 2 = 17 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Rayraj has little difficulty slashing the unbalanced initiate with his fiery dagger. Ganondwarf lands a brutal blow, hacking deep into Kan-Zal's leg. The initiate screams out in agony and collapses.

Saryn is able to turn his attention on the blue initiate, and while the initiate parries his first attack, he lands the second slash. Jaqweh directs the party's focus and manages to strike fear into a second initiate. Ki fires a perfectly aimed shot with their stun pistol, shocking the blue initiate.

Frightened, the blue initiate calls out "You, demons, devils! You killed Kan-Zal. Like you killed his parents!" She retaliates against Saryn, punching twice and landing a single powerful blow.(Dealing 11 dmg) The purple initiate attempts a stab at Rayraj, but the nimble fighter gets out of the way.

|||| INIT ||||
Jaqweh
Rayraj
Ganondwarf
Saryn (40 dmg)
Ki

Kan-Zal
Purple Initiate (15 dmg, shaken 1 rd)
Blue Initiate (28 dmg, get 'em, shaken 1 rd)

Bold are up

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Tiefling Male CN Icon Soldier 3/Envoy 3 | SP 0/45 HP 10/43 | RP 7/8 | EAC 22 / KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +5 | Dark vision | Speed 50ft/30ft JumpJets | Active conditions: None.

"Well now," Ray begins to relate to Purple, "see what you made us do?...Well will attempt to save him but you both must stand down now!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Ray will hold his attack and only act further if Purple does not stand down.

Ray's held attack:

Eldritch Ruined Mirage Dagger-Melee vs EAC: 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 3 = 20
Fire Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Mirage Dagger-Melee vs EAC: 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 3 = 22
Fire Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Attack result wrote:
Rayraj has little difficulty slashing the unbalanced initiate with his fiery dagger.

What do you mean? That was an 18 and a 19. I almost can't roll any higher.

51 to 100 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS 1-26] [Outpost III] GM Cellion's Truth of the Seeker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.