[CORE] #3-06 Song of the Seawitch

Game Master Auke Teeninga

Map


1 to 50 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

The drifting steam of freshly made tea shimmers through the air in front of Venture-Captain Amara Li. The stoic Tian woman places an ornate tea tray on the edge of her desk, inviting all those present to partake of the drink. Li’s neatly organized office is the site of various tapestries and artifacts imported from the distant land of Tian Xia.

“I would like to thank you all for coming here despite the lack of explanation. Circumstances have forced me to be discreet in this assignment. There are many who would put the information I am about to share with you to more unsavory ends.” Amara begins to take an initial sip from her teacup before she continues.

“Several months ago I arranged the successful sale of a pair of tomes from my homeland of Tian Xia to a versed historian here in Absalom. Of these books, the Infernal Incantation was the more highly sought after, as it is said to contain the secrets of binding the legions of Hell.”

Amara takes another sip of her tea and then places the cup on her desk, her expression turning cold. “The historian—one Yargos Gill—has spent the past several weeks studying the book from within his Absalom villa. To make matters more complicated, Yargos decided to try performing one of the rituals held within the Infernal Incantation late last night. From the breathless ramblings of his assistant who arrived at my door only a handful of hours ago, it would appear that something went horribly wrong with the ritual Yargos enacted.”

“From what I was told, the ritual revealed to Yargos and his aides that the Infernal Incantation was not a guide on imprisoning fiendish forces, but instead the book itself was a prison for the armies of Hell. Within the confines of those ancient pages reside hundreds—perhaps even thousands— of devils eager to escape their long imprisonment. If Yargos’s bumbling has caused some sort of disturbance within the tome, then we need to ensure it is fixed as quickly and as discreetly as possible. It would not do the populace any good to realize that a full-on infernal invasion could appear in the middle of the city!”

“I need you to go to Yargos’s estate, where his aide has already informed him of your impending arrival. Once you meet with the historian, learn what you can about the book and how to reverse the meddling he has caused. Above all else, ensure that the legions of Hell are contained.”

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

"Yargos estate? Sound like something that would be more likely to happen at the Blakros Museum. By the way, I like what you did with this place. I've always wanted to visit Tian. A pity we don't have any time to linger, I'd love to hear about it from you. But this sounds serious. Serious indeed. Are you absolutely sure I am the right person for this? I mean, legions from hell? No more senior agents available? I'll do my best, of course, but... Well, I wasn't all that helpful on the last mission you know. Spent most of my time running around the tent when I should have been helping, but that demon scared the bejeses out of me."

Cloudia, who has never been the most confident of folks at the best of times, is feeling a bit down on herself. She partially blames herself for Aurus' death. And even though he was miraculously restored by the clerics of his church, she still feel bad about it.


Cloudia wrote:

"Yargos estate? Sound like something that would be more likely to happen at the Blakros Museum. By the way, I like what you did with this place. I've always wanted to visit Tian. A pity we don't have any time to linger, I'd love to hear about it from you. But this sounds serious. Serious indeed. Are you absolutely sure I am the right person for this? I mean, legions from hell? No more senior agents available? I'll do my best, of course, but... Well, I wasn't all that helpful on the last mission you know. Spent most of my time running around the tent when I should have been helping, but that demon scared the bejeses out of me."

Cloudia, who has never been the most confident of folks at the best of times, is feeling a bit down on herself. She partially blames herself for Aurus' death. And even though he was miraculously restored by the clerics of his church, she still feel bad about it.

Cloudia and Aurus have actually met Yargos Gill in a previous scenario

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus stands in the back of the briefing. Since he woke up with a resurrection bill from the Church of Abadar, his fellow pathfinders haven't seen much of him. He bears a few new scars across his face, but the biggest shock is seeing the usually cheerful paladin standing so grimly.

"Gill was that crackpot with the whole skeleton army thing, right? Can we take away his scholarship rights so he stops putting Golarian at risk?," asks the half-elf, apparently seriously.


Aurus Goldson wrote:

Aurus stands in the back of the briefing. Since he woke up with a resurrection bill from the Church of Abadar, his fellow pathfinders haven't seen much of him. He bears a few new scars across his face, but the biggest shock is seeing the usually cheerful paladin standing so grimly.

"Gill was that crackpot with the whole skeleton army thing, right? Can we take away his scholarship rights so he stops putting Golarian at risk?," asks the half-elf, apparently seriously.

"Well, I wouldn't say he is a crackpot, but I think it would be wise to impose the assistance of the Society in any of his future endeavors on him, so we can keep an eye on this old man from now on." Amara replies.

Dark Archive

AC14 T10 FF14 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 | Mage Armor, Protection from Evil

Nemrok is a hulking well dressed half-orc. Despite his appearance, and the greataxe he carries on his back, he seems to be more a scholar than a warrior with eyes sparkling with intelligence.

Yes, I remember Yargos Gill, save him from some ruffians.
A good historian, but not quite right in his head... Totally him.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

"I rather liked him. A focused fellow if no warrior. And he knew SO many interesting stories. But he does seem to have a habit of getting himself into trouble. Not very grounded. What he needs is a good woman to set him straight and give him a reason to stay out of trouble."

Cloudia mentally goes through her various relations wondering if she might play matchmaker for once instead of being the victim.


Nemrok Blacktusk wrote:

Yes, I remember Yargos Gill, save him from some ruffians.

A good historian, but not quite right in his head... Totally him.

“It appears that someone else also has seen Yargos' potential as the befuddled scholar is being backed by a powerful party in the Inner Sea region. This third party ensured that Yargos was fitted with all the resources he needed to study the books and their purpose. As to who exactly this third party is, I cannot say.”

“Despite his apparently wealthy backers, Yargos resides in a small two-story villa within the Eastgate district of the city. If I were to hazard a guess, I would assume Yargos prefers to keep his research a secret and away from the prying eyes of more populous districts.”


Cloudia wrote:

"I rather liked him. A focused fellow if no warrior. And he knew SO many interesting stories. But he does seem to have a habit of getting himself into trouble. Not very grounded. What he needs is a good woman to set him straight and give him a reason to stay out of trouble."

Cloudia mentally goes through her various relations wondering if she might play matchmaker for once instead of being the victim.

"A good woman? That reminds me."

"Aside from Gill, only Ollysta Zadrian of the Temple of the Shining Star would have sufficient knowledge of the tomes to know how to reverse the damage. She is scheduled to spend her day in Gilltown, purchasing goods from the local merchants."

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus perks up at mention of Ollysta. "Oh good, Lady Zadrian is a good hand in a tight corner. If we have her as back-up, I immediately feel better."


You follow the directions given and arrive at the location.

Yargos Gill’s villa is a stand-alone edifice that would normally meld into the background of Absalom’s various structures were it not for the massing crowd of local citizens in front of the entrance. Up above on the second floor, lights flicker as burning orange and red embers dance within.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Wary of alarming the crowd, Cloudia whisper to the others, "That can't be good. Hellfire? We should probably try to get everyone to move to s safe location."

Dark Archive

AC14 T10 FF14 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 | Mage Armor, Protection from Evil

Why are they gathering?

Nemork approach the crowd and asks What's going on here? Why so much people gathered at this place/

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35


Nemrok Blacktusk wrote:

Why are they gathering?

Nemork approach the crowd and asks What's going on here? Why so much people gathered at this place/

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20+16

"I was on my way to work and I heard a series of screams coming from the upper level window. Then those lights started flickering in that weird way. It's been like this for about half an hour. So curious about what will happen next!" one of the spectators replies.

Dark Archive

AC14 T10 FF14 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 | Mage Armor, Protection from Evil

Don't you think it will be safer to get out of here?

Asks worried Nemrok


Nemrok Blacktusk wrote:

Don't you think it will be safer to get out of here?

Asks worried Nemrok

"And miss all the excitement? It doesn't look like it's an actual fire, so I think we're safe here!"

Dark Archive

AC14 T10 FF14 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 | Mage Armor, Protection from Evil

THIS IS NOT SAFE!
EVERYONE GET OUT!

Says Nemrok to the crowd

Intimidate: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24


Nemrok Blacktusk wrote:

THIS IS NOT SAFE!

EVERYONE GET OUT!

Says Nemrok to the crowd

[dice=Intimidate]1d20+20

The gathered crowd scatters

Dark Archive

AC14 T10 FF14 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 | Mage Armor, Protection from Evil

Turning to his comrades with a smile he says Now, we can go.

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Cloudia echoes, "And now we can go!"

Cloudia walks up to the front door and tries to open it.


Cloudia wrote:

Cloudia echoes, "And now we can go!"

Cloudia walks up to the front door and tries to open it.

As Cloudia walks to the door she noticed it is slightly ajar. The immediate interior is in pristine condition. A basic dining room, kitchen, and meeting room fill the first level of the abode while stairs leading up. On the second floor you easily notice a terrible burning light coming from beneath a closed door.

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus touches the handle of the door quickly to see how hot it is.

If it's not warm...:
he furrows his brow and opens the door.

If it is warm:
he pauses and looks at the others. "Quick, is there a protection spell someone can cast?"


Aurus feels the door and after determining it isn't hot he opens it and looks into the room.

Sheets of dancing orange and red fire cover the walls of this long room, forming blazing curtains around two windows facing the streets below. The interior of the room is undisturbed, and the wooden floor is completely absent of flames. A swirling, sinister symbol adorns the center of the floor, formed of a darkened red substance and accented by a few nearby candles.

Opposite the only entrance into this room is a large open altar filled with more candles, a single blood-stained dagger, and an open book from which torrents of flame feed the inferno along the walls. Nestled in the corners adjacent to the entrance are three humanoid bodies—two toppled over one another in one corner, and a third in the opposite corner, face down on the wooden floor.

A beautiful angelic creature with black stained wings and armed with a flaming bow stands next to the altar. She turns her head to the door and looks at Aurus with merciless eyes.

Knowledge (the planes)
Aurus: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Nemrok: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Nemrok:
It's an Erinyes devil! An outsider (devil, evil, extraplanar, lawful). Is there anything specific you would like to know? (1 thing)

Initiative
Nemrok: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Cloudia: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Travail: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Jack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Aurus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Angelic Being: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Travail
Cloudia
Erinyes
Jack
Nemrok
Aurus

Dark Archive

AC14 T10 FF14 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 | Mage Armor, Protection from Evil

GM:
what are her spell-like abilities

Before Nemrok could says a word, his comrades are ready to fight!


Nemrok Blacktusk wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Before Nemrok could says a word, his comrades are ready to fight!

Nemrok:
True seeing, Fear, Greater teleport(self plus 50 lbs. of objects only), Minor image, Unholy blight, Summon (2 bearded devils, 50%)
Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Cloudia is in no hurry to rush towards the OBVIOUSLY evil being and instead casts protection from evil on Aurus using a scroll.

I just KNOW he's going to go running in there at that thing.


Botting Travail

Travail takes an oil of bless weapon and uses it on his rapier.

The dark angel calls down a cold, cloying miasma of greasy darkness upon the party.

Aurus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14
Cloudia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Jack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Nemrok: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Travail: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

5d8 ⇒ (8, 7, 6, 4, 1) = 26

Nemrok and Jack* take 13 damage. The rest takes 26 damage and is sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds
*) At least I think that Jack wasn't good-aligned as his character sheet has disappeared.

Party is up!

Dark Archive

AC14 T10 FF14 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 | Mage Armor, Protection from Evil

This is not an angel but an Erynie, a powerful devil! Don't try to use fire against it, the only energy they fear is electricity.
They also see everything so, illusion are not an option against that type of creature and they can bombard us with that spell multiple time, kill it quickly!

Nemrok looks at her and says in Infernal

You have been called here, but your time is limited. You will DIE!

Intimidation: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Before Aurus starts his inevitable rush, she tags him with a Bull's Strength.


Botting Travail

Travail moves into the room, activates his daredevil boots and tumbles behind the devil.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 5 - 2 = 28

The Erinyes doesn't take an attack of opportunity. (Could be because she is currently holding her bow)


Nemrok Blacktusk wrote:

This is not an angel but an Erynie, a powerful devil! Don't try to use fire against it, the only energy they fear is electricity.

They also see everything so, illusion are not an option against that type of creature and they can bombard us with that spell multiple time, kill it quickly!

Nemrok looks at her and says in Infernal

You have been called here, but your time is limited. You will DIE!

[dice=Intimidation]1d20+18

The Erynes seems slightly shaken by the half orc's words.

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Am I missing a map somewhere?

Aurus feels emboldened - by Cloudia's multiple spells, by Nemrok's words, by his own fervent zeal. "I don't fear death at your hands, devil, but you should fear death at mine," the paladin yells as he darts forward.

Charge into flank?

Charge, Flank, Power Attack, Smite Evil, Bull's Strength, Sickened: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 14
Bull's Strength, Power Attack, Smite, Sickened: 2d6 + 9 + 6 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 9 + 6 + 8 - 2 = 30

[ooc]Oh Hey definitely using my reroll on that attack.[/dice]

Charge, Flank, Power Attack, Smite Evil, Bull's Strength, Sickened, GM Bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 3 = 24


Aurus Goldson wrote:
Am I missing a map somewhere?

Yeah, the link to the map is in the campaign description.

Aurus Goldson wrote:
Aurus feels emboldened - by Cloudia's multiple spells, by Nemrok's words, by his own fervent zeal. "I don't fear death at your hands, devil, but you should fear death at mine," the paladin yells as he darts forward.

Aurus smites and charges the devil and his swing cuts deep into the devil's flesh. Black ichorous blood spills to the floor as she wails out in pain!


Botting Jack

Jack steps to the door and unleashes a hail of arrows.

1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 2 = 21 Miss
1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 = 23 Hits for damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 2 = 7 Miss

The erinyes steps out of flank and fires three arrows at Aurus

To Hit: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 1 = 29 Hits for damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10 and Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 1
To Hit: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 1 = 20 Misses
To Hit: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22 Misses

Party is up!

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Cloudia fires off her usual bless spell and hides behind the doorway.

Dark Archive

AC14 T10 FF14 CMD14| HP 33/33| F +4 R +2 W +5 | Init +0, Perc +0 | Mage Armor, Protection from Evil

SR: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Nemrok tries to tell a good joke, but the magic dissipates when it reach the creature!

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus follows the outsider as she moves away, pausing for a split second. "Travail! Now!" yells the paladin before jabbing at the creature's face.

Ready for flank and then:

Flank, Power Attack, Smite Evil, Bull's Strength, Sickened: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 22
Bull's Strength, Power Attack, Smite, Sickened: 2d6 + 9 + 6 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 9 + 6 + 8 - 2 = 30

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Plus bless = 23 to hit.

Silver Crusade

M Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 , AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor, +1 Dex) hp 29 (4d8+4) Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson Cleric of Shelyn

From behind the group comes a half elf wearing a beef eater and carrying a glaive. In one hand he carries a glowing glaive and around his neck is a multi colored bird.

Lukian sent me to help. I am Riceak Hawklight, cleric of Sheylyn

Iniative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Cloudia jumps a foot in the air when he pops up like that in the middle of a battle. Wrodlessly, she just points at the battle raging inside.

Will Riceak benefit from the bless too?


Cloudia wrote:

Cloudia jumps a foot in the air when he pops up like that in the middle of a battle. Wrodlessly, she just points at the battle raging inside.

Will Riceak benefit from the bless too?

Sure as it's still in the same block

Silver Crusade

M Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 , AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor, +1 Dex) hp 29 (4d8+4) Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson Cleric of Shelyn

Is anybody hutt?

Grand Lodge

N/G Female Human Sorcerer(Celestial)/5 | HP: 37/37 | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 16/16/10 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +3/+3/+5 | Init: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Bluff +10, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +9, Heal +4, Knowledge Arcana +4, Knowledge (any, untrained) +0, Perception +0, Perform +13, Spellcraft +4, UMD +9 | Active Conditions: mage armor

See posts on Sat, Mar 28, 2020, 08:29 am and Thursday, Apr 2, 09:28 am. Jack is the most injured ATM, a refreshing change to the usual Aurus bash fest. Well, refreshing to some.


Cloudia wrote:
See posts on Sat, Mar 28, 2020, 08:29 am and Thursday, Apr 2, 09:28 am. Jack is the most injured ATM, a refreshing change to the usual Aurus bash fest. Well, refreshing to some.

Actually Aurus still has had the most damage (26+11), but Cloudia has the least HP, so IMHO healing Cloudia would be good. AFAIK Jack only had 13 damage.


Botting Jack

Jack steps into the chamber and fires trice.

1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 10 Miss
1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 14 Miss
1d20 + 3 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 2 + 1 = 8 Miss

Botting Travail

Travail steps into flank, triggering Aurus' attack, which hits again spilling more of the fallen angel's blood.

Travail then attacks!

Blessed Rapier: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 24 Hits for Good damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (3, 1) - 2 = 4
Dagger: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 23 Hits for Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6, 5) - 2 = 11

Botting Riceak Hawklight

Riceak converts his lesser restoration to cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Cloudia

CMW: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 18 - 2 = 33

The Erynes tumbles out of the flank and flies up on the altar. She then again covers the room with her unholy blight for damage: 5d8 ⇒ (8, 6, 7, 1, 8) = 30

Aurus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 28 Succes, take half (15)
Cloudia: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22 Succes, take half (15)
Jack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Failure, take half (15)
Nemrok: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Succes, take a quarter (7)

Party is up!

Silver Crusade

M Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 , AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor, +1 Dex) hp 29 (4d8+4) Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson Cleric of Shelyn

I have selective channeling so that should keep the devil out of my channel

Grabbing his holy symbol the cleric invokes his goddess Goddess hear my prayer Moving in to the room in such a way as to get the most of his companionbut rhr paladin for sure. Grant to me your servant the ability to heal these people who strive to destroy this corruption of beauty.

Channel 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6

Silver Crusade

M Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 , AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor, +1 Dex) hp 29 (4d8+4) Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson Cleric of Shelyn

not too much lol

Silver Crusade

M Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 , AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor, +1 Dex) hp 29 (4d8+4) Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson Cleric of Shelyn

This round the cleric will again grasp his holy symbol and invoke the blessing of Sheyln to protect the paladin from evil.

Silver Crusade

Half-elf Paladin 4/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 1 | HP 62/62 | AC 21; Tch 13; FF 18 | F +9; R +8; W +9 | CMB+8; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | greatsword (PA feat) +7 (2d6+13, 19-20/x2) | Perc +11, Kn:Arcana +9, Kn:Engineering +1, Kn:(other) +0

Aurus draws upon Apsu's power to patch some of his own wounds as he advances on the eryine.

LOH: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Once he's at the altar he gives a mighty downward swing.

Bless, Power Attack, Smite Evil, Bull's Strength, Sickened: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 14
Bull's Strength, Power Attack, Smite, Sickened: 2d6 + 9 + 6 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 9 + 6 + 8 - 2 = 27

Ack, a miss :( So I've healed up all the blight damage from that turn, still down 37 by GM's tally

Silver Crusade

M Init +1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7 , AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor, +1 Dex) hp 29 (4d8+4) Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulson Cleric of Shelyn

[ooc] I hope the protection from evil helps[/00c]

1 to 50 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [CORE] #3-06 Song of the Seawitch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.