Reaver's Roar (Inactive)

Game Master David_Bross

Map


1 to 50 of 364 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Venture-Captain Shevar Besnik leans against the wall of a private room in the Dryad’s Blessing Inn. With him is Ollysta Zadrian, dressed in gleaming full plate bearing the holy symbol of Sarenrae. She waits for everyone to get settled before reciting a brief prayer. Her eyes are serious, but she wears a slight smile on her face.
Shevar Besnik speaks first. “I’d like to begin by thanking you all for being here. The mission we have for you will be dangerous, but it is vitally important to the people of Lastwall and the Pathfinder Society. However, I am not the one coordinating this mission. For those of you who do not already know her, allow me to present Ollysta Zadrian, leader of the Silver Crusade, and the second-most intimidating Sarenite I’ve ever known.
Ollysta places her helmet on the table. “Thank you, Shevar. Pathfinders, welcome to Three Pine’s Ford. We need you to recover an object from an ancient and most holy temple, the Bastion of Light. The relic in question is a helmet that rests somewhere within the temple, likely within a fountain. The Bastion of Light lies in the village of Roslar’s Coffer, northwest of here. The village is small, but its people are strong and friendly.
Ollysta pauses to close her eyes. Taking a deep breath, she says, “The Bastion was a beautiful place used by Sarenite clerics during the Shining Crusade. They devised incredible rituals and brought many crusaders back from the brink of undeath. The helmet that we ask you to recover may have belonged to a powerful captain of the Shining Crusade, but unfortunately our histories have shed little light on its owner’s identity.
Ollysta begins to pace in front of the table, “There is a complication. The Bastion of Light was claimed some eleven years ago by a creature known as a red reaver. The beast guards the Bastion fiercely and has killed or chased off all other would-be heroes, looters, and soldiers who have approached it. Please exercise caution, Pathfinders. The red reaver has become stronger every year, and it will not hesitate to kill you. Recover the helmet, and find a way to rid Roslar’s Coffer of the red reaver. Another Pathfinder in the area named Gorm Greathammer has been studying the Shining Crusade and knows more.

Scarab Sages

CN Elf Warlock 11| HP80/80 | AC21 T15 FF16| CMD 23 | Fort 5 Ref 13 Will 8 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +9|Buffs: Heroism,
1st/2nd Prepared Spells:
1st - Aram Zey's Focus, Mage Armor, Shield, Stunning Barrier (3), Windy Escape |2nd - Daylight, Diminish Resistance, False Life, Glide, Make Whole (2)|
3rd/4th Prepared Spells:
3rd - Fly (2), Haste, Conjure Carraige, Heroism, Invisibility Sphere | 4th - Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door (2)

Stealth: 1d20 + 39 ⇒ (16) + 39 = 55

A chair that was previously left alone in this meeting is now suddenly occupied by an elf wearing a long black cloak with red interior, that drapes up around his neck into a high collar. Long black hair slicks down past his shoulders, and a very thin set of goggles that cover his face with a pale lens that makes his eyes appear white.

His chest covered in a vest that bears wands and interesting magical devices. Magic detection shows that his gloves and boots radiate with arcane power as well.

Standing beside him is a black cat with white fur on its chest. The most peculiar thing about the cat is that it stands on its hind legs and paws cross in front of it. It reaches up to the table to peek its head at the rest of the party.

"Greetings, one and all. You call upon the arcane, and thus it called to me, The Eldritch!"

Listening to the briefing, the elf shakes his head. "Damned creature. I suppose killing it will be rather difficult."

Grand Lodge

Illusionist Wizard 10; AC 13, 17 with Mage Armor; HP 64/64 (+11 temp HP); F+10, R +9, W+12; Init.+6, Perception +12 +1 on saves vs, Transmutations | +2 on saves vs. Illusions

A short green haired gnome listens with rapt attention to the speakers. She was clearly some sort of caster as she didn’t have any armor, or any vicious looking weapons like most of the Society. Upon closer inspection, her large spellbook was probably the most distinguishing characteristic of her equipment.

”Ooo, a red reaver. Tell me more about that thing. It sounds scary. And how do we find Gorm Greathammer? Sounds like he’s important to help us.”

Any Knowledge skills helpful here?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-11 (Div Tracker) AC22/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 103/103 | Fort:+13;Ref:+15 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+21| Init.+6 | { cues, holy bow 1d6} {Blessings 2/8, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

The solemn ranger stands to the side, listening intently.

The tall, dark human man with a dark weathered cloak and a longbow and quiver on his back. He has a habit of observing conversations, studying the comments made as if unaccustomed to civilized gatherings. If he speaks at all, he speaks with a thick Varisian accent. He wears a holy symbol of Desna around his neck.

”Zhe situation must be dire indeed. Has zhe Shining Crusade sent zhere own delegation or will us others need to assist if zhey were not able to find zhe agents?“

He turns to the gnome with a hint of recognition in his smile.

Friend Pai, is zhat you? It has been a few years since we traveled zhe Shores together. My heart is gladdened to see you have survived in zhe trials since zhat time.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 52 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +15 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision), SM: +10 | Active Effects: Rallying Armor (+6 morale bonus vs Fear, 30ft radius) Tengu Evangelist Cleric 10
Resources:
5/5 channel positive energy, 24/24 Sermonic Performance

The Tengu woman sat and listened, drinking tea out of a wooden tea cup. The faerie dragon, Riddywipple, on her shoulder did the same, mimicking Etu's every move. Her black feathers contrasted sharply with the soft glitter of her armor, and many the feathers on her crown have been decorated in some way with majestic Desnan iconography. Overall, her aura was a comforting one that was palpable to those nearby. "It is nice to see you again, dear, though I wish it wasn't under such dreadful circumstances," Etu addressed Ollysta with a small smile and a nod. Riddywipple continued to mimic her.

Turning to face the group, Etu pulled a bag of cookies from the pouch on her belt and offered them to anyone willing. "Before we get too far in, I am Etu Free-As-Wind, Knight Captain of the Steel Falcons. This is my second in command, Lieutenant Riddywipple." She gestured to the small dragon perched on her shoulder, which mimicked her by raising his own arm. "You all will be in my care during this mission, and if there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask."

GM_Ammordius, I spent 12,000 to increase Etu's Headband to +4. Etu is now up to date.

To everyone else, Etu gives out pluses like candy. Just by being within 30 feet of her you get a +6 morale bonus vs fear. Then there's bardic performance, boosting spells, Riddywipple gets to cast spells from the Sorcerer list being a faerie dragon and he has a couple of wands for the purpose. Not much in combat healing but she can do a few things out of combat. I look forward to playing with everyone.

Grand Lodge

N Human Cavalier 8 / Hunter 3

You hear a bit of a commotion outside, mostly somewhat panicked shouts and strange screeching howl of some large beast, then more shouts. Eventually, another voice joins in, shouting as well, but in a low bass tone, in a quick, guttural tongue (that some might recognize as that of the goblinoid races).

Eventually, the commotion seems to die down, and a pair of heavy boots stomp down the hall outside, before the door bursts open and a tall muscular human stomps into the room.

Although probably well over six feet tall, he walk severely hunched over, such that at first he appears far shorter. He sports a thick dark unkempt beard, and his hair is a wild mess. It seems to be laced with mud or some other dried viscous substance, that has caused it to stick out around his head like some sort of giant chaotic mane. He wears a metal breastplate that might normally be shiny... but is covered in small dents from frequent use, and the lower portion of it is stained an odd purplish color, like someone through a can of paint at it, and never bothered to clean it up. Over his shoulder, you see the blade of what looks like a long handled halberd, but with numerous holes bored through the blade. It appears to be made of a strange translucent pale green crystalline substance.

He says something in the same guttural goblinoid tongue you heard outside, a greeting of some sort perhaps, then smiles. You assume it is meant as a cheerful gesture, but you immediately notice all of his teeth have been filed to points, making it seem far more menacing that it normally would have.

"Me, Shirley." He adds, in badly accented common. "Mighty rider of beasts and Finder of Paths." He pounds one balled fist on his chest in some sort of manly gesture.

Beastrider Cavalier with some Hunter levels here.
His mount is an owlbear, who you will meet later. =) He just calls it the effin' owlbear... which has shortened to Effy over time.
Shirley's background has him raised by goblins... so think of him as having goblin as a primary language, and common as a second language he has only rudimentary skill in.

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Magus (Spelldancer) 10 | HP: 63/63| AC: 29 (33 Shield) | T: 19 | FF: 23| CMD: 27| Fort: +89| Ref: +10| Will: +7 (+9 enchant) | Init: +8 | Perc: +10| Sense Motive: -1 | Arcane Pool: 9/9 | Reroll: 1/1

Next to enter is a stunningly beautiful female elf with shimmering violet eyes and long, flowing brown hair. Looking young for her race, perhaps in her mid hundreds, the confident looking girl wears a shiny, very well-fitted and fashionably low-cut sparkling silver armor and a fine purple cloak. An extremely sharp looking scimitar is sheathed at her hip. She also sports some impressive jewellery, including a dark black amulet that seems to cling to the skin above her breasts and a jewelled band that she wears on her head.

"Greetings all. Marquise Thoriel Liltamael reporting for duty...ooh, isn't it cute!" She is immediately taken by the sight of the cat peering up over the table, sparing not a glance for its elven companion.

"What's this we're up to now?" she then looks back up to face the VC. "Evicting an unpleasant squatter and regaining an ancient trinket? Sounds vaguely exciting!"


Pai Kromnite PFS wrote:


”Ooo, a red reaver. Tell me more about that thing. It sounds scary. And how do we find Gorm Greathammer? Sounds like he’s important to help us.”

Feel free to make a knowledge history check

Ollysta answers, " The red reaver was already a fearsome beast when it arrived in Roslar’s Coffer, but I suspect that it has developed a bond with some of the crusaders’ ritual sites and relics within the Bastion of Light. You would do well to see if you can sever that connection, but take care to not harm the things you find there. Though it has been abandoned for some time, it is still a holy place and we are eager to restore it once the reaver is removed.

You're skilled agents, and Roslar's Coffer is not so large that asking around will fail. When you arrive in Roslar’s Coffer, ask for Gorm Greathammer. He has been studying the Shining Crusade and may have more information.

Grand Lodge

Illusionist Wizard 10; AC 13, 17 with Mage Armor; HP 64/64 (+11 temp HP); F+10, R +9, W+12; Init.+6, Perception +12 +1 on saves vs, Transmutations | +2 on saves vs. Illusions

Know. History 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Pai tries to search her memories for any mention of a red reaver in the past.

Scarab Sages

CN Elf Warlock 11| HP80/80 | AC21 T15 FF16| CMD 23 | Fort 5 Ref 13 Will 8 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +9|Buffs: Heroism,
1st/2nd Prepared Spells:
1st - Aram Zey's Focus, Mage Armor, Shield, Stunning Barrier (3), Windy Escape |2nd - Daylight, Diminish Resistance, False Life, Glide, Make Whole (2)|
3rd/4th Prepared Spells:
3rd - Fly (2), Haste, Conjure Carraige, Heroism, Invisibility Sphere | 4th - Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door (2)

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

"Oh, joyous. An opportunity to rob a beast of its power before we break it's will into a puddle of mush!" The elf muses as he pours himself a glass of Sealord Wine from his personal stash. "I suppose I should figure out what spells I must study." The Cat Sith familiar grabs his spellbook and places it on the table while Eldritch flips through the pages, sipping away at his drink.

Prepared Spells:

1st - Aram Zey's Focus, Mage Armor, Shield, Stunning Barrier (3), Windy Escape
2nd - Daylight, Diminish Resistance, False Life, Glide, Make Whole (2)
3rd - Fly (2), Haste (2), Heroism, Invisibility Sphere
4th - Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door (2)


Pai and The Eldritch both remember:
Roslar’s Coffer was never large enough to be considered a proper town, but it suffered greatly after it was invaded by orcs more than a decade ago. The arrival of the red reaver helped drive the orcs away, but because many are unable to return to their old homes, the village now contains scarcely more than 400 people. The Bastion was an important military stronghold and religious ritual site. The histories mention powerful rites performed on fallen crusaders within the Bastion, and some say the Sarenite clerics found a way to cleanse undeath from a corrupted soldier. The Bastion of Light was also notable for its intricate stained-glass windows depicting Sarenrae and her avatars. When Roslar’s Coffer was invaded by orcs, the Bastion was burned but, much to the amazement of the villagers, it remained standing. Out of fear of retribution from Sarenrae, the orcs left the great windows intact, and on most days the rising sun brightly illuminates the interior.

The Eldritch also recalls:
The helmet kept in the healing font is suspected to be incredibly powerful, providing the healing energy that infuses the font. During the Shining Crusade, wounded soldiers told stories of their wounds being washed away “like so much mud” when immersed in the waters of the font.

Grand Lodge

Illusionist Wizard 10; AC 13, 17 with Mage Armor; HP 64/64 (+11 temp HP); F+10, R +9, W+12; Init.+6, Perception +12 +1 on saves vs, Transmutations | +2 on saves vs. Illusions

Pai jumped straight up as it finally clicked in her mind. ”Roslar’s Coffer only has about 400 people now. The orcs drove most of the others away, and the red reaver has driven everyone else out except for those brave few. The Bastion has always been the most important building in town, for both the military and the religious folk. In that building, rumor has it that the undead could be returned to life. It is known for its beautiful stained glass windows, mostly with depictions of Saranrae. The building was burned by the orca but it is still standing, and they left most of the windows intact. Isn’t want Sarenrae too mad at them, I guess.”

Scarab Sages

CN Elf Warlock 11| HP80/80 | AC21 T15 FF16| CMD 23 | Fort 5 Ref 13 Will 8 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +9|Buffs: Heroism,
1st/2nd Prepared Spells:
1st - Aram Zey's Focus, Mage Armor, Shield, Stunning Barrier (3), Windy Escape |2nd - Daylight, Diminish Resistance, False Life, Glide, Make Whole (2)|
3rd/4th Prepared Spells:
3rd - Fly (2), Haste, Conjure Carraige, Heroism, Invisibility Sphere | 4th - Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door (2)

"Hrmmm yes, quite right Pai. Also note that the helmet kept in the healing font is suspected to be incredibly powerful, providing the healing energy that infuses the font. During the Shining Crusade, wounded soldiers told stories of their wounds being washed away 'like so much mud' when immersed in the waters of the font."

The cat looks at him with a bored look. "Don't mock me, Neptune."


Do you guys do anything else or ask any more questions? If not, how do you intend to advance?

Liberty's Edge

HP: 52 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +15 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision), SM: +10 | Active Effects: Rallying Armor (+6 morale bonus vs Fear, 30ft radius) Tengu Evangelist Cleric 10
Resources:
5/5 channel positive energy, 24/24 Sermonic Performance

"Is there anyone at Roslar's Coffer whom we should report to upon arriving? Anyone able to help, or provide additional information?" Etu asked, putting her tea cup down on the table. Riddywipple scuttled down her arm to do the same before returning to the Tengu's shoulder.

Grand Lodge

Illusionist Wizard 10; AC 13, 17 with Mage Armor; HP 64/64 (+11 temp HP); F+10, R +9, W+12; Init.+6, Perception +12 +1 on saves vs, Transmutations | +2 on saves vs. Illusions

”Etu, I believe we are looking for Gorm once we arrive there.”

Liberty's Edge

HP: 52 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +15 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision), SM: +10 | Active Effects: Rallying Armor (+6 morale bonus vs Fear, 30ft radius) Tengu Evangelist Cleric 10
Resources:
5/5 channel positive energy, 24/24 Sermonic Performance

"Ah, my apologies. Sometimes the ole' noggin isn't quite what it used to be," she responds with a small smile.

Grand Lodge

Illusionist Wizard 10; AC 13, 17 with Mage Armor; HP 64/64 (+11 temp HP); F+10, R +9, W+12; Init.+6, Perception +12 +1 on saves vs, Transmutations | +2 on saves vs. Illusions

”How’s the quickest way for us to get there? Do you have teleportation magic available?”


Shevar steps in to answer this question. “You will travel up the Tourondel River. Roslar’s Coffer is some one hundred and fifty miles northwest of here. Arrangements have been made to provide you with safe transport upriver via boat or horse, your choice. You should reach the village within three days if you set a steady pace. Sooner if I get you the really good horses.” Shevar delivers the last sentence with a sardonic smirk.

Sense motive DC 20:
You question what “getting the really good horses” might entail. You realize Shevar has already requisitioned "really good" horses for the party.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 52 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +15 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision), SM: +10 | Active Effects: Rallying Armor (+6 morale bonus vs Fear, 30ft radius) Tengu Evangelist Cleric 10
Resources:
5/5 channel positive energy, 24/24 Sermonic Performance

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Etu smiled to herself at that. "I would prefer a boat, personally, but I do not mind horses if it is required. As for getting back, I do have some skill at magic of that sort. Although, it may be more reliable to return the way we came."

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Magus (Spelldancer) 10 | HP: 63/63| AC: 29 (33 Shield) | T: 19 | FF: 23| CMD: 27| Fort: +89| Ref: +10| Will: +7 (+9 enchant) | Init: +8 | Perc: +10| Sense Motive: -1 | Arcane Pool: 9/9 | Reroll: 1/1

"Yes, definitely boat...although by boat I hope you mean something more the size of a ship. The prospect of sitting on something more akin to a raft for three days might make even a mule seem like a 'really good horse". Thoriel quips, brushing a fine strand of hair from one her cheeks.

Scarab Sages

CN Elf Warlock 11| HP80/80 | AC21 T15 FF16| CMD 23 | Fort 5 Ref 13 Will 8 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +9|Buffs: Heroism,
1st/2nd Prepared Spells:
1st - Aram Zey's Focus, Mage Armor, Shield, Stunning Barrier (3), Windy Escape |2nd - Daylight, Diminish Resistance, False Life, Glide, Make Whole (2)|
3rd/4th Prepared Spells:
3rd - Fly (2), Haste, Conjure Carraige, Heroism, Invisibility Sphere | 4th - Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door (2)

While Eldritch is studying his spells, he looks up at everyone. "If you prefer, I can conjure a carriage and take us there much more swiftly."

Will prep Conjure Carriage instead of 1 Fly or Haste.

Also purchasing a Pearl of Power (3rd) for 16,000gp before leaving.

Scarab Sages

CN Elf Warlock 11| HP80/80 | AC21 T15 FF16| CMD 23 | Fort 5 Ref 13 Will 8 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +9|Buffs: Heroism,
1st/2nd Prepared Spells:
1st - Aram Zey's Focus, Mage Armor, Shield, Stunning Barrier (3), Windy Escape |2nd - Daylight, Diminish Resistance, False Life, Glide, Make Whole (2)|
3rd/4th Prepared Spells:
3rd - Fly (2), Haste, Conjure Carraige, Heroism, Invisibility Sphere | 4th - Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door (2)

For transport I’ll cast lesser Rod Metamagic Extend Conjure Carriage then Keep Watch so Eldritch can drive it and not need sleep but rest up his spells if it takes longer than 8 hours. He also has no need for food with his ring of sustenance. That will cover 22 hours of distance travel so we will be set.


The chariot rapidly speeds the pathfinders along. After an exhausting journey for some, and a normal day's work for the Warlock, they arrive. The village of Roslar’s Coffer lies ahead. Along the shore of the river stands the busy but quiet fishery. Several abandoned buildings on the edge of the town are adorned with red ribbons, most worn and stained with time. Very little in the village appears to be recently built, and many houses appear to be in disrepair. Interspersed amongst the ribbon-adorned trees and buildings, hand-painted signs dot the roadways and alleys warning travelers to go no farther.

Grand Lodge

Illusionist Wizard 10; AC 13, 17 with Mage Armor; HP 64/64 (+11 temp HP); F+10, R +9, W+12; Init.+6, Perception +12 +1 on saves vs, Transmutations | +2 on saves vs. Illusions

Once arriving at the destination, Pai takes a moment and casts two spells, Mage Armor (10 hours), and False Life (10 hours).

False life HP 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Scarab Sages

CN Elf Warlock 11| HP80/80 | AC21 T15 FF16| CMD 23 | Fort 5 Ref 13 Will 8 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +9|Buffs: Heroism,
1st/2nd Prepared Spells:
1st - Aram Zey's Focus, Mage Armor, Shield, Stunning Barrier (3), Windy Escape |2nd - Daylight, Diminish Resistance, False Life, Glide, Make Whole (2)|
3rd/4th Prepared Spells:
3rd - Fly (2), Haste, Conjure Carraige, Heroism, Invisibility Sphere | 4th - Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door (2)

Eldritch has the very geometric and gothic looking carriage pull into the village of Roslar's Coffer. Whenever he sees a villager who is fascinated by the strange carriage, he calls to them.

"Fine fellow, I seek an individual by the name of 'Gorm Greathammer'. Could you perchance tell me where I may find him?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (4) + 25 = 29


do you gather information with that diplomacy roll?:
If Your diplomacy was gather informationYou ask a few villagers, learning The village has seen many adventurers and soldiers of Lastwall come in hopes of making a trophy of the red reaver. There was even a group of crusaders that came through town some time ago, but after the group left the village for the Bastion, they were never seen again. The villagers offer to send letters to the PCs’ loved ones should the heroes perish in the red reaver’s territory. The red reaver has claimed the Bastion of Light and about 1 mile out into the surrounding area. The villagers that did not leave entirely have moved farther away from the reaver’s territory, leaving about a 1-mile buffer between the village and the edge of the reaver’s territory. Orcs have been seen in the buffer area, and some villagers claim to have seen Twisted Nail banners. The orcs were seen carrying mancatchers, ropes and poles. A few larger nets have gone missing from the fishery, and the villagers suspect they were stolen by the orcs.
discussions with villagers take hours: 1d4 ⇒ 1

You're pointed towards the Toothless Pike Inn. When you arrive, a man with a prominent wayfinder waves you over to his table.
The Toothless Pike is grey and quiet. A handful of patrons sit hunched over ales and ciders, waiting for plates of fish cakes frying in the kitchen. A dwarf sits at a long table near the fireplace, stacks of parchments, scrolls, and a great tome arranged neatly around him and a great, green cloak hung on the back of his chair. “Pathfinders! I’m glad you’ve arrived. I received word from Ollysta that you’d be coming. I understand you’re on your way to the Bastion of Light. I don’t envy you. That red reaver is one hell of a brute, and you should all be very careful. It’s much larger than it should be, and while it isn’t smart, it has very keen senses. I’ll do what I can to help you, though. I’ve drawn a rough map based on a few records and accounts passed along by the villagers here.

You’ll see that the helmet is likely in the font at the back of the Bastion. When you have it and the red reaver is defeated, please return it to me. I’ve done some research, and I think I might be able to learn something about the helmet’s original owner if I can examine it personally.

"Now, I’m certain that the red reaver has been affected by the healing font and that undoing that connection will weaken it, but I suspect a connection with some of the other ritual sites and artifacts in the Bastion as well. Once you make it inside, see what you can find. I’m sure there are still a few ritual sites from the Shining Crusade that can aid you, should you show the same qualities and behaviors as the folk the the Bastion was built for.

Scarab Sages

CN Elf Warlock 11| HP80/80 | AC21 T15 FF16| CMD 23 | Fort 5 Ref 13 Will 8 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +9|Buffs: Heroism,
1st/2nd Prepared Spells:
1st - Aram Zey's Focus, Mage Armor, Shield, Stunning Barrier (3), Windy Escape |2nd - Daylight, Diminish Resistance, False Life, Glide, Make Whole (2)|
3rd/4th Prepared Spells:
3rd - Fly (2), Haste, Conjure Carraige, Heroism, Invisibility Sphere | 4th - Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door (2)

Yeah I'll gather info with that.
Eldritch listens to everything told to him while he gathers the information, Neptune writing it down furiously. Later he shares it with the rest of the party.

That is 1 hour of my time :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-11 (Div Tracker) AC22/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 103/103 | Fort:+13;Ref:+15 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+21| Init.+6 | { cues, holy bow 1d6} {Blessings 2/8, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

Roland also listens intently to Gorm Greathammer as well as the additional information from The Eldritch.

While we may not all be of zhe same qualities and zhe behaviors of zhe Shining Crusade, we are still here to provide help and put an end to zhe zhreats to Bastion.

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Magus (Spelldancer) 10 | HP: 63/63| AC: 29 (33 Shield) | T: 19 | FF: 23| CMD: 27| Fort: +89| Ref: +10| Will: +7 (+9 enchant) | Init: +8 | Perc: +10| Sense Motive: -1 | Arcane Pool: 9/9 | Reroll: 1/1

"Ah, I'm not sure I behave in the same way as those in the Shining Crusade, in fact I try not to behave much at all!" Thoriel winks at the dwarf. "I've been told I have many fine qualities, though...which I'm sure you'll agree."

Liberty's Edge

HP: 52 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +15 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision), SM: +10 | Active Effects: Rallying Armor (+6 morale bonus vs Fear, 30ft radius) Tengu Evangelist Cleric 10
Resources:
5/5 channel positive energy, 24/24 Sermonic Performance

"Can you tell us any more about this healing font, or any of the other relics? Or has that knowledge been lost to time? Do we know which rituals to perform at these sites, and how has the Red Reaver manage to form a connection with them?"

Grand Lodge

Illusionist Wizard 10; AC 13, 17 with Mage Armor; HP 64/64 (+11 temp HP); F+10, R +9, W+12; Init.+6, Perception +12 +1 on saves vs, Transmutations | +2 on saves vs. Illusions

”You mean there are more ritual sites in the temple we need to access before we take on the reaver? If so, can you tell us anything about them?”


Gorm Greathammer, the large pathfinder with a thick beard orders a round of ale for all before correcting your thoughts regarding multiple sites.

Nah, you’ll not be needing to go anywhere else, just one religious site, just one red reaver… Should be easy enough to bring me the helmet. I was just suggesting that if you can find any religious reliquaries within, you may be able to sever the magics fueling the creatures power. As it stands, I fear you’d not survive a battle against it. So, you’ll go get it for me?

He looks at Etu's holy symbol and adds You seem like more of a priest than I am, I'm confident you can be able to piece together how to perform simple Saraenrite rituals

Liberty's Edge

HP: 52 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +15 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision), SM: +10 | Active Effects: Rallying Armor (+6 morale bonus vs Fear, 30ft radius) Tengu Evangelist Cleric 10
Resources:
5/5 channel positive energy, 24/24 Sermonic Performance

"I'll certainly try my best, though religions other than my own aren't quite in my wheelhouse. We'll just see." Etu smiled. "I am excited. It sounds like this mission is going to do a lot of good."

Grand Lodge

N Human Cavalier 8 / Hunter 3

On the trip, you all finally got to meet Effy... a large, lithe, somewhat cantankerous owlbear, that Shirley seems to just barely keep in check, at the best of times.

The beast seems just as likely to snap at him, as anyone else, though he seems rather adroit at anticipating her moods, and always seems to manage to pull his hands back before losing any fingers.

"Go to building. Smash stuff til it stops working. Kill giant beast." Shirley summarizes his understanding. "All things I do well!"

He nods confidently, giving Gorm a pointy-toothed smile.


Gorm shares a map with you Wish you the best of luck!

Let me know how you guys choose to approach the temple. It is about 6 miles from where you're currently at, so a bit walk from the village. Also, once you get within ~2 miles, I'll take a survival check from anyone with it, regardless of what plan you come up with

Grand Lodge

N Human Cavalier 8 / Hunter 3

Survival: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

Shirley will cast Longstrider on Effy as they get closer to their destination.

Grand Lodge

Illusionist Wizard 10; AC 13, 17 with Mage Armor; HP 64/64 (+11 temp HP); F+10, R +9, W+12; Init.+6, Perception +12 +1 on saves vs, Transmutations | +2 on saves vs. Illusions

”I say we sneak up to the temple. We need to avoid that reaver until we can weaken it with the holy item. So being careful is super important. I can help us with Invisibiltiy.”

Liberty's Edge

HP: 52 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +15 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision), SM: +10 | Active Effects: Rallying Armor (+6 morale bonus vs Fear, 30ft radius) Tengu Evangelist Cleric 10
Resources:
5/5 channel positive energy, 24/24 Sermonic Performance

"Riddywipple can scout from high above, if anyone would like." Etu suggested. The faerie dragon nodded and flexed his wings.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Magus (Spelldancer) 10 | HP: 63/63| AC: 29 (33 Shield) | T: 19 | FF: 23| CMD: 27| Fort: +89| Ref: +10| Will: +7 (+9 enchant) | Init: +8 | Perc: +10| Sense Motive: -1 | Arcane Pool: 9/9 | Reroll: 1/1

"Sure, let the dragon out for a fly...it looks like it's raring to go." Thoriel nods.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-11 (Div Tracker) AC22/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 103/103 | Fort:+13;Ref:+15 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+21| Init.+6 | { cues, holy bow 1d6} {Blessings 2/8, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

Roland will try to find a path as well.

Survival : 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

”Aye yes, Zhe aerial reconnaissance would be helpful. “


Along the suspense filled, but uneventful walk towards the reavers territory your aerial 'dragon' reports not seeing anything of interest.

That said, Etu and Roland notice tracks leading from the village to the Bastion, along with several pieces of netting caught on a loose nail. Roland suspects the tracks were made by orcs, based on their depth and gait.

As you get closer, you feel quite excited emotions from Riddlywipple, which are unmatched by the scene you see.

The area is eerily quiet. No sound of insects or birds can be heard. The houses here have begun to rot, and the forest is slowly reclaiming the paths and road. Moss grows on the sides of leaning houses, vines snake across, through, and under the cobblestones. Here and there long abandoned crates and barrels sprawl, cracked open like eggs. The scene would be almost beautiful were it not for the remains of villagers and would-be heroes scattered amongst the ruins. A mangled corpse hangs from the branches of a nearby tree, draped over two of the larger boughs. The body is clad in frayed leather armor, and its rotted innards spill down the length of the tree trunk. Somewhere ahead, the clang of metal and the stamping of feet echo through the woods.

As you approach this scene, you spot the reaver, who has yet to turn in your direction, tearing through the last standing of what appears to be a party of seven orcs.

At this point, either fight, or flee into the Bastion, you're both roughly aware of each other. 3 people's decision is enough to trigger either route. It is roughly 60 feet away from your current position, tearing through the last orc

Grand Lodge

Illusionist Wizard 10; AC 13, 17 with Mage Armor; HP 64/64 (+11 temp HP); F+10, R +9, W+12; Init.+6, Perception +12 +1 on saves vs, Transmutations | +2 on saves vs. Illusions

Pai was interested in regaining any usable gear from the corpses, but she wasn’t a doofus. She wanted to run directly inside and barricade the door against the monstrous reaver.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger-11 (Div Tracker) AC22/T15/F18/CMD21 |HP 103/103 | Fort:+13;Ref:+15 Will+10| Evasion : Percept.+21| Init.+6 | { cues, holy bow 1d6} {Blessings 2/8, Liberation 0/1 reroll 0/1 - { }

Roland nods to Pai

”We were warned we are no match for it now. Much like Zhe orcs before us. Zhe blessings within may help. “

Liberty's Edge

HP: 52 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +15 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision), SM: +10 | Active Effects: Rallying Armor (+6 morale bonus vs Fear, 30ft radius) Tengu Evangelist Cleric 10
Resources:
5/5 channel positive energy, 24/24 Sermonic Performance

"This is... grotesquely fortuitous. However, discretion is the better part of valor, and I'd rather not learn what a creature bonded to a healing font is capable of. To the Bastion we go."


You had thought all the orcs slain, with the last standing one falling, but out of no where a few run past you, and toss nets in your direction as they sprint for the Bastion.

You can dodge the net with a reflex save, and note that any tailsmans of Freedom out there will automatically free you, otherwise, you could also acrobatically dodge out of the way.Each PC should make their own check, don't worry about aiding, and you can each do whichever you prefer.

Grand Lodge

N Human Cavalier 8 / Hunter 3

"Biggest of beasts!" Shirley says, with an excited grin, at the sight of the reaver.

His weapon is already in hand as he leaps into the saddle strapped to Effy's back, eager to meet this new foe...

Only to have the owlbear give a strange wailing sound, and refuse to move in the Reaver's direction.

This elicits a long string of goblin words, that are unmistakable in their intent, as Shirley curses her angrily. She snaps at him in response, but doesn't budge.

He is quite dismayed when the owlbear instead turns and follows the others towards the Bastion leaving him only to wave his horsechopper in frustration, and continue with the litany of goblin curses.

Hey, she has an int of 3! She's smarter than the average (owl)bear.

GM, this looks like a chase, do I need to roll for Effy and Shirley separately? Or just once, while mounted?
Will roll for each, 'til told otherwise.

Of course, the new path proves to have some challenges of its own, as the orcs suddenly appear, throwing their nets. Effy instinctively dodges, taking Shirley along with her.

Have the Indomitable Mount feet, so can replace a save for Effy with a ride check, once per round
Ride check for Effy's Reflex: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

Reflex, Shirley: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Scarab Sages

CN Elf Warlock 11| HP80/80 | AC21 T15 FF16| CMD 23 | Fort 5 Ref 13 Will 8 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +9|Buffs: Heroism,
1st/2nd Prepared Spells:
1st - Aram Zey's Focus, Mage Armor, Shield, Stunning Barrier (3), Windy Escape |2nd - Daylight, Diminish Resistance, False Life, Glide, Make Whole (2)|
3rd/4th Prepared Spells:
3rd - Fly (2), Haste, Conjure Carraige, Heroism, Invisibility Sphere | 4th - Greater Invisibility, Dimension Door (2)

"Don't be a fool, retreat!" Eldritch calls to his allies as he starts running for the bastion. He shoots nets that approach him with his acidic powers, granting him just enough movement to weave past what he can.
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Sovereign Court

Female Elf Magus (Spelldancer) 10 | HP: 63/63| AC: 29 (33 Shield) | T: 19 | FF: 23| CMD: 27| Fort: +89| Ref: +10| Will: +7 (+9 enchant) | Init: +8 | Perc: +10| Sense Motive: -1 | Arcane Pool: 9/9 | Reroll: 1/1

"Fine, let's avoid it for now...but I'm putting it's name on my dance card for later!" Thoriel follows the others as they run from the reaver, agilely dancing and weaving out of the way of the orcs' nets.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26

Grand Lodge

Illusionist Wizard 10; AC 13, 17 with Mage Armor; HP 64/64 (+11 temp HP); F+10, R +9, W+12; Init.+6, Perception +12 +1 on saves vs, Transmutations | +2 on saves vs. Illusions

Reflex 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

1 to 50 of 364 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Reaver's Roar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.