GM Otha’s The Cultist’s Kiss Campaign (Outpost III)

Game Master Otha

Slides/Maps/Handouts


51 to 100 of 275 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

Gerhart shakes his head. "It's just be a little while. Dey closed it as dey plan for a refitting of some of de machinery within...which is
being upgraded to make trebuchets dat be having a longer range."

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

"What can you tell us about the Asylum? Are there many people kept there? Does it serve a wider region, or is there a tendency for people in this town to...ah, be a little disturbed?" Seldanna asks as they prepare to head in for the night.

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

"Eh stay aware from dere, lass...kind of a creepy building...used to be a naval prison back in the day. Dere be some crazies dere, but no more than ye'd 'spect from a town of dis size. Eh'm sure sum others might be a tellin' ye more, though..."

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

Gerhart yawns. "Dat be 'bout all the answers Eh be a knowin'...et lest, all me poor brain can recall fer de moment...be time for me afternoon nap...help yourselves to the larder if ye be hungry...but Eh'd be advisin' ye start yer investigation some time today..."

The Exchange

Human Waves Oracle 1 / Marid Sorcerer 7 [HP 67/52 | AC 11(15)/11/10(14) | F+6 R+5 W+9 | Init +1 Perc +3 SM +10]
Spell tracker:
Oracle 1: 5/5 remaining, Sorc 1: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 2: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 3: 5/5 remaining

Teric makes himself a meal of bread and salted pork. He has changed into the noble's clothing that Gerhart had and sit down to eat. "So where to start? Perhaps the Baited Hook Inn to buy some drinks and see what the local gossip is? I assume we should not be asking after Charito."

Grand Lodge

m human (tien-dan) summoner (pre-unchained)/10 [hp: 73/73] [init: +2; perc:+0] [ac: 15+) /15/113+) (see below)] [saves: 7/8/9(see below)] [CMB: 7/CMD: 22(20)] [current conditions: Mage Armor]

"Perhaps not directly.", says the Tien-Dan, "Maybe if we ask about other strangers in the recent months to "see if there may be competition" would be more prudent."

Liberty's Edge

active effects:
longstrider, barkskin, feather step, spider climb, GMF
more effects:
Male Half Orc (Mwangi heritage) Barbarian (scarred rager) 3 / Hunter 7 | current AC25 T 13 FF 23 | HP 81/81 [81/81] | F +13 R +11 W +9 (+2 Fort and Will in rage) | CMD 25 | CMB +12| Init +2 | Perc +16 dv 60' | Rage (16/16) | Animal focus (7/7) | Spells (-, 3/5, 2/4, 2/2)

"The inn is as good a place to start as any" Kiboko offers. "But Kiboko is suspicious of the tale of the factory 're-fit'. Perhaps at night we can look into that place."

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

If no one else pipes in, I’ll run with the rule of two and move us to the Inn in the morning...

Dark Archive

HP:12+74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +11 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

Fendel silently nods at the proposal.

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

After settling in and perhaps grabbing a bite, you set back out to the Baited Hook Inn to start your investigation and arrive there uneventfully.

As you enter, the proprietor greets you. "Ah, you be the visitors that Gerhart greeted earlier...sorry, I couldn't introduce myself earlier but I was a bit busy at the time. I'm Pindra Coxswain, innkeeper of this fine establishment. What'll it be? We have the finest ale on the River, and fish and chips be our specialty..."


Male Raven 10 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 19 (23 Mage Armor) | T: 14| FF: 17 (21 Mage Armor) | CMD: 10| Fort: +2 | Ref: +5 | Will: +9| Will: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +21 (lowlight) | Sense Motive: +2 |

Lonan seems to get quite excited at the idea of heading first to the inn...no doubt needing something to watch down the chutney soaked ticks. His witch mistress voices no objection, either.

The Exchange

Human Waves Oracle 1 / Marid Sorcerer 7 [HP 67/52 | AC 11(15)/11/10(14) | F+6 R+5 W+9 | Init +1 Perc +3 SM +10]
Spell tracker:
Oracle 1: 5/5 remaining, Sorc 1: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 2: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 3: 5/5 remaining

Teric smiles at woman and laughs. "Pindra, it is wonderful to meet you! Oh yes, I think some ale and fish and chips will be excellent! Now, do you have a table for us, beautiful? That one there. Get those people out of it." He waves toward a table that two drunks are sitting at.

"My name is Avis Dimitrov of HouseDimitrov in Korvosa." He snaps his fingers. "I've been on the road for a while and I could use some rest and entertainment!" He grins lecherously. "And you, Pindra! I imagine you know all about this little backwater sootstain. You shall be my guide! If you can provide whatever I ask for, I will pay you handsomely!"

He sits down at the table as soon as the drunks are removed. He puts his muddy boots up on the table and stretches his legs out. "Oh and Pindra, I have all sorts of way to pay you..." He winks at her.

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

Pindra blushes but gives a warm smile at the mention of . "You be speakin' my language, Mr. Dimitrov! Hey you two move to the bar, NOW! You and your entourage may be seated and ale and fish & chips coming right up...and I can tell you all this ole lady knows..."

She turns and heads to the back to get your order started while you get seated...

Silver Crusade

Female LG Gnome Paladin of Erastil/Life Oracle 6/4 | HP 80 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F: +15, R: +11, W: +14; +2 vs. illusions, death, and haunts | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: -2, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision, blind past 60 feet, +2 on skill checks to notice a haunt | Speed 15ft | Active conditions: Life Link on 4 of the party. Probably wand of shield for +4 AC.

Quiella wrinkles her face, first in displeasure, then in downright disgust. But she raises her eyebrows in disguise when Teric's tactics seem to bear fruit. Well, let's see how this plays out.

Dark Archive

HP:12+74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +11 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

Like he was born to the role. But, who is taking notice? The detective scans the tavern to see how the 'young Dimitrov' is being received.

Perception: 1d20 + 36 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 36 + (5) = 55
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 25 + (5) = 49

Anyone taking the bait?

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

Fendel astutely sees several folk whispering and either looking towards or pointing towards Teric and his 'entourage'...he thinks everyone in the bar is 'taking the bait' hook, line, and sinker...

Liberty's Edge

active effects:
longstrider, barkskin, feather step, spider climb, GMF
more effects:
Male Half Orc (Mwangi heritage) Barbarian (scarred rager) 3 / Hunter 7 | current AC25 T 13 FF 23 | HP 81/81 [81/81] | F +13 R +11 W +9 (+2 Fort and Will in rage) | CMD 25 | CMB +12| Init +2 | Perc +16 dv 60' | Rage (16/16) | Animal focus (7/7) | Spells (-, 3/5, 2/4, 2/2)

"Boss" Kiboko addresses Teric "Stables. Feed."

Kiboko knows better than to use real names here.

Kiboko steps outside, and leads Mvumbu to the stable. "You!" he snarls at the Inn's stable-hand. "Fetch fresh vegetables from the kitchen - and be sure they are free from soot, or the hippopotamus may eat you instead! Avis Dimitrov will pay the tab."

polyglot:
"Kiboko is sorry, Wise and Beautiful Mvumbu, but you understand the need for deception here. We must be like the snake that lies hidden in the undergrowth, waiting to strike. Kiboko will ensure that these people feed you properly!"

Having soothed Mvumbu and seen to her feeding, Kiboko returns to the bar. "Done. Put cabbages on expenses. Maybe stable-hand too." The half-orc chews on his whetbone.

The Exchange

Human Waves Oracle 1 / Marid Sorcerer 7 [HP 67/52 | AC 11(15)/11/10(14) | F+6 R+5 W+9 | Init +1 Perc +3 SM +10]
Spell tracker:
Oracle 1: 5/5 remaining, Sorc 1: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 2: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 3: 5/5 remaining

Teric waves Kibobo away with a nod. "Pindra, my Huntsman is stabling our animals. Tell your boys to be careful and follow his instructions exactly. Otherwise, they might find themselves missing a hand or an ear or a foot. And I will not pay a cripple's wages."

He settles down and rubs his hands together. "Now, Pindra. What is there here to entertain me? Do you have circuses or singers? Or secrets! Secrets are better! I know a woman like you knows the secrets. Come tell me. What about these families in town? What kind of depraved things are they into?" He motions her to come closer and whispers. "In Old Korvosa, some supposedly still consort with devils and pay mystical bargains in blood!" He smiles and chuckles.

Gather Information: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss
Kiboko wrote:
"Boss" Kiboko addresses Teric "Stables. Feed."
Teric Cain wrote:
Teric waves Kibobo away with a nod. "Pindra, my Huntsman is stabling our animals. Tell your boys to be careful and follow his instructions exactly. Otherwise, they might find themselves missing a hand or an ear or a foot. And I will not pay a cripple's wages."

The innkeeper nods to Teric as she serves the ale and fish and chips to your table. "Benton, you be a tellin' Dylph to be at his best tending to Master Dimitrov's animals...or Eh'll give 'im one helluva beating!"

Kiboko wrote:
steps outside, and leads Mvumbu to the stable. "You!" he snarls at the Inn's stable-hand. "Fetch fresh vegetables from the kitchen - and be sure they are free from soot, or the hippopotamus may eat you instead! Avis Dimitrov will pay the tab."

Apparently, word travels fast here. The stablehand bows to Kiboko, "Yessir, yessir, right away, sir..."

Teric Cain wrote:
He settles down and rubs his hands together. "Now, Pindra. What is there here to entertain me? Do you have circuses or singers? Or secrets! Secrets are better! I know a woman like you knows the secrets. Come tell me. What about these families in town? What kind of depraved things are they into?" He motions her to come closer and whispers. "In Old Korvosa, some supposedly still consort with devils and pay mystical bargains in blood!" He smiles and chuckles.

Pindra returns the smile. "If it be thet type of rumor ye be lookin' for...Eh be hearin' a juicy bit of gossip. Me sister's an orderly at the asylum, and she's always talking about secret cults and such. It's stuff she hears from the patients there, Eh guess, so Eh don't put much weight in what she says."

I should've mentioned it earlier, as you investigate, include a Diplomacy check (just like you did here) along with any query...

Silver Crusade

Female LG Gnome Paladin of Erastil/Life Oracle 6/4 | HP 80 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F: +15, R: +11, W: +14; +2 vs. illusions, death, and haunts | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: -2, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision, blind past 60 feet, +2 on skill checks to notice a haunt | Speed 15ft | Active conditions: Life Link on 4 of the party. Probably wand of shield for +4 AC.

diplomacy: 10 + 22 = 32

"Cultists, you say? That is exactly the kind of gossip he loves to hear. Tell us more."

After hearing all the woman has to say, Quiella will go on to ask where the sister might be found, because "she's sure to have more stories were this came from!"

The Exchange

Human Waves Oracle 1 / Marid Sorcerer 7 [HP 67/52 | AC 11(15)/11/10(14) | F+6 R+5 W+9 | Init +1 Perc +3 SM +10]
Spell tracker:
Oracle 1: 5/5 remaining, Sorc 1: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 2: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 3: 5/5 remaining

Teric rubs his hands together. "A secret cult?! Oh, that's wonderful! She must tell us more! Do you know anything else? Who is in this cult? What do they seek? Power? Revenge? Do they call on some old god or blood sacrifice?"

He motions for her to sit and gossip as he pulls over a piece of fish and tears off a piece to eat.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss
Quiella wrote:
"Cultists, you say? That is exactly the kind of gossip he loves to hear. Tell us more."

Pindra leans in conspiratorially. "Thet's all Eh be a hearin' 'bout cults...but the disappearances be disturbing as well...

"In the last month, there've been more disappearances than normal . All started when that Varisian woman vanished. Since then, we've lost nearly a dozen folk, and the watch doesn't seem to have any suspects. I 've heard that a number of them now work at the foundry, and just never leave the place, but every time I've visited they haven't been there."

Teric Cain wrote:
Teric rubs his hands together. "A secret cult?! Oh, that's wonderful! She must tell us more! Do you know anything else? Who is in this cult? What do they seek? Power? Revenge? Do they call on some old god or blood sacrifice?"

Pindra shakes her head. "Eh not be a knowin' that...but sometimes, before folks disappear, they start acting strange and talking about service and eternal life. Then again, sometimes people talk like that and they don't disappear; they just work hard and keep to themselves...

"And that's about all the gossip Eh be a knowin'..."

The Exchange

Human Waves Oracle 1 / Marid Sorcerer 7 [HP 67/52 | AC 11(15)/11/10(14) | F+6 R+5 W+9 | Init +1 Perc +3 SM +10]
Spell tracker:
Oracle 1: 5/5 remaining, Sorc 1: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 2: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 3: 5/5 remaining

"Yes, yes, the foundry. Excellent!" Teric munches on a handful of chips. "Oh, very well done, my dear!" He claps in her direction softly, then takes her by the hand, patting it. "Now, perhaps another round of drinks and do you have anything for dessert? Good? Excellent!" You are oddly reminded of a master praising a faithful hound.

Once she's back off, he turns to the others. "Ugh, this fish tastes like it was raised in a soot-filled sewer. Chips are fine though. So where next? The foundry? Or maybe the asylum?"

Grand Lodge

m human (tien-dan) summoner (pre-unchained)/10 [hp: 73/73] [init: +2; perc:+0] [ac: 15+) /15/113+) (see below)] [saves: 7/8/9(see below)] [CMB: 7/CMD: 22(20)] [current conditions: Mage Armor]

Jing Kwan looks through the rough map he drew during the city tour....."It would appear the Foundry would be closer, although not by much."

Liberty's Edge

active effects:
longstrider, barkskin, feather step, spider climb, GMF
more effects:
Male Half Orc (Mwangi heritage) Barbarian (scarred rager) 3 / Hunter 7 | current AC25 T 13 FF 23 | HP 81/81 [81/81] | F +13 R +11 W +9 (+2 Fort and Will in rage) | CMD 25 | CMB +12| Init +2 | Perc +16 dv 60' | Rage (16/16) | Animal focus (7/7) | Spells (-, 3/5, 2/4, 2/2)

"We should investigate both locations" says Kiboko once the Inn's staff are out of earshot. "But how shall we gain access? Our dilettante 'noble' may wish to have a relative committed to the asylum, perhaps. What of the foundry? Are any of you smiths, or merchants? Or could you pose as such a one?"

The half orc warrior pontificates.

Dark Archive

HP:12+74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +11 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

"Perhaps the young noble's family is looking to branch out, sending the young man here to see how war engines are produced. I can serve as an advisor sent along by his family."

Dark Archive

HP:12+74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +11 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

"Perhaps the young noble's family is looking to branch out, sending the man here to see how war engines are produced. I can serve as an advisor sent along by his family."

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

So, a visit to the foundry first, then? I’ll moves us there with a post a little later...

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

You gather yourselves and decide to visit the Talich Foundry next...

While individual factories in Palin's Cove have their own means of smelting ore in a pinch, the vast majority of the raw metal used in manufacture in Palin's Cove comes from the Talich Foundry, where ore from Janderhoff arrives weekly via barge for processing...

You arrive at the front entrance, knock at the door there, an attractive young woman opens the door and steps outside, closing the door behind her.

"Greetings, visitors. Welcome to the Talich Foundry...my name is Nora Tirlea. I'm sorry, but we are very busy today so my time is limited. What is your business here?"

Dark Archive

HP:12+74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +11 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

Fendel nods in greeting. "Ah yes, the Talich Foundry. Ms. Tirlea, allow me to introduce Avis Dimitrov of House Dimitrov from Korvosa. Assuredly you have heard of this remarkable family. Well, you should be honored, because Master Dimitrov has come especially to see this facility. His family is looking to expand their portfolio, and they are dead set on manufacturing. He merely wants a tour of the best in order to gain a better understanding of the industry. It shan't take long, and I doubt very much that master crafters under your employ would be distracted by such a small entourage during a brief visit."

Bluff: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 15 + (6) = 38
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 25 + (3) = 42

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

She smiles pleasantly at Fendel, but shakes her head. "I'm afraid that's impossible today...perhaps I can schedule for next week?"

Dark Archive

HP:12+74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +11 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

Fendel winces as he offers a tsk before continuing. "While wealthy, the Dimitrov family does not own a monopoly on time among their many holdings. The timeline established for this project is fairly tight. We are only in Palin's Cove for a few nights before making out way to Magnimar. If we can't meet now, we will just have to find a foundry in the City of Monuments. Unfortunately that means the generous percentage royalty and non-competition clause would go to whomever the Dimitrov's establish a working relationship with. Given your proximity to Korsiva, it was thought such a clause would serve to benefit you. The family has very close ties with an admiral who is very open to having one on Varisia's finest families produce all the navy weapons, placing them under contract in perpetuity." Fendel allows the bait to hang in the air. "However, if you are presently too busy, perhaps that is for the best. Eek out what work you can before all the work dries up. I am certain this building can be re-purposed as a pub or somesuch. I hear that 'Industrial Chic' is becoming all the rage."

Bluff: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 15 + (3) = 32
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 25 + (6) = 38

The Exchange

Human Waves Oracle 1 / Marid Sorcerer 7 [HP 67/52 | AC 11(15)/11/10(14) | F+6 R+5 W+9 | Init +1 Perc +3 SM +10]
Spell tracker:
Oracle 1: 5/5 remaining, Sorc 1: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 2: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 3: 5/5 remaining

Teric approaches the woman, noting her beauty. He opens his mouth to say something, then gives a wry smile to Fendel's words. Then he frowns, playing the part of the annoyed nobleman.

"What's the hold up here? Are they closed or something? I won't do any deals with them if they can't even be bothered to be open on a fine day like today. Roscoe in Magnimar says Talich work is shoddy, that they've gotten complacent. But I want to see if it's true for myself. I won't have cannons on the finest ships exploding in the hold!" He looks at the young woman. "Girl, open the door. Go fetch the foreman. I want to see someone right now."

Bluff, aid: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

The woman waits patiently, smiling as she does so. Despite all the flair and glibness of tongue, when you pause, she simply says, ”I am sorry...we do not wish to offend the noble Dimitrov family, but a tour today is just not possible. We are in the middle of inventory week and no visitors are allowed at present; as I stated before if you wish, you may return in a week. I bid you a fond farewell.”

She stands there smiling pleasantly, awaiting for you to depart...

Sense Motive DC20:
You know with certainty that she will not let you enter and you will find out nothing of value here now. You also notice something is off about her demeanor; she didn’t flinch or react to Teric’s mention of the foundry doing shoddy work, she just kept smiling...

Grand Lodge

Eidolon 10/L [HP: 94/94] [init: +2; perc: +11] [AC: 29+/13/26+] [saves:10/7/6(See Below] [cmb: 13; CMD: 26(23)] [Move: Magic Flight(Perfect): 30'] [Conditions: Mage Armor ]

Tiny's eyes flare an even brighter red as the conversation continues back and forth, straining to follow. He then concentrates on the woman with the strangely controlled demeanor...

Sense Motive vs. DC=20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

"Master, ", Tiny whispers in Tien-Dan to Jing Kwan, "I do not understand why the mention of her Foundry performing badly did not upset her."

Grand Lodge

m human (tien-dan) summoner (pre-unchained)/10 [hp: 73/73] [init: +2; perc:+0] [ac: 15+) /15/113+) (see below)] [saves: 7/8/9(see below)] [CMB: 7/CMD: 22(20)] [current conditions: Mage Armor]

"A very good question indeed, my friend. Perhaps she may be under a spell...."

Jing Kwan steps out of sight behind Tiny and casts Detect Magic, then steps back into sight to study the lady....

Spellcraft(if needed): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

While Jing detects no magic, he agrees with Tiny that her behavior is odd...


Male Raven 10 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 19 (23 Mage Armor) | T: 14| FF: 17 (21 Mage Armor) | CMD: 10| Fort: +2 | Ref: +5 | Will: +9| Will: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +21 (lowlight) | Sense Motive: +2 |

While the others talk to the young girl, Seldanna gives Lonan a gentle nudge, sending him flapping up off into the sky. The raven circles around the foundry looking for a window to peer in...hoping to see what is indeed going on inside.

If he finds someone to peek in...
Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36

Dark Archive

HP:12+74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +11 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

Realizing they won't get in through the front door, the detective wonders if there might be some compulsion at play. "Well Miss Tirlea, it is unfortunate that this opportunity has not found a seed to take root. Mayhap another time." Fendel does try to look behind her in an attempt to establish the beginnings of the building's floorplan.

Perception: 1d20 + 36 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 36 + (2) = 44
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 25 + (6) = 43

I believe that hits the DC to detect enchantment / Dominate effect on someone.

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

Fendel thinks it likely that this woman is most likely either dominated or brainwashed...

Still smiling, she says to Fendel, "Yes, another time..." As she reenters, Fendel gets a brief and limited look into what appears to be a large area and sees several other normal looking workers before the door closes.

Meanwhile, the raven finds a window with a bit better view. He sees a large room resembling a warehouse with many workers and activity. He passes this on to Seldanna...

The Exchange

Human Waves Oracle 1 / Marid Sorcerer 7 [HP 67/52 | AC 11(15)/11/10(14) | F+6 R+5 W+9 | Init +1 Perc +3 SM +10]
Spell tracker:
Oracle 1: 5/5 remaining, Sorc 1: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 2: 6/8 remaining, Sorc 3: 5/5 remaining

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

"Well, that was odd. Perhaps we should return later and get in another way? If people are showing up working here, they may have more answers. But we could see to the asylum first."

Liberty's Edge

active effects:
longstrider, barkskin, feather step, spider climb, GMF
more effects:
Male Half Orc (Mwangi heritage) Barbarian (scarred rager) 3 / Hunter 7 | current AC25 T 13 FF 23 | HP 81/81 [81/81] | F +13 R +11 W +9 (+2 Fort and Will in rage) | CMD 25 | CMB +12| Init +2 | Perc +16 dv 60' | Rage (16/16) | Animal focus (7/7) | Spells (-, 3/5, 2/4, 2/2)

Kiboko has been quietly observing the interactions, until the door is closed on the foundry.

"Kiboko suspects all of the labour force is similarly controlled. This is slave labour" a low growl escapes the half-orc. "If this is the norm in this town, Kiboko would raze it to the ground! Such vile corruption should be destroyed! It would be wise to stake out this building and ambush the first lone worker to approach: drag him off and question him, break the enchantment upon him."

Behind Kiboko, Mvumbu honks her approval.

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

Teric can sense no more than what Fendel has deduced...

Will use the rule of two here...so on to the Asylum? On the map I note two of the other factories (Catapult & Trebuchet) are on the way from the Foundry to the Asylum...

The Concordance

Female Human Witch 10 | HP: 56/56 | AC: 18 (21 Mage Armor) | T: 15| FF: 15 (Mage Armor)| CMD: 20| Fort: +6 | Ref: +8| Will: +9 | Init: +9 | Perc: +12 | Sense Motive: +2 |

"The Asylum?" Seldanna perks up. "Yes, I've been interested in visiting that place ever since I knew it was here. There are a couple of other places on the way that we can pop by, I believe."

Silver Crusade

Female LG Gnome Paladin of Erastil/Life Oracle 6/4 | HP 80 | AC 28 T 13 FF 27 | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F: +15, R: +11, W: +14; +2 vs. illusions, death, and haunts | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: -2, Low-Light Vision, Darkvision, blind past 60 feet, +2 on skill checks to notice a haunt | Speed 15ft | Active conditions: Life Link on 4 of the party. Probably wand of shield for +4 AC.

"Easy, Kiboko. You may be right but I am not sure we are to the point of abducting workers yet. Let's continue our investigation and learn some more."

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

I'll assume you stop by the Catapult factory as it's the closest from the Foundry on your way to the Asylum...

The Catapult factory, owned by the Rumalin family, is the largest of the five magnates' operations in Palin's Cove. It comes into view shortly after you leave the Foundry, on your left as you make your way to the Belodia Asylum. You stop by for a quick visit to continue your investigation...

There appears to be a front office room that juts out from the main factory building. Upon knocking, a middle-aged balding man opens the door and gives a perfunctory greeting. "I'm Saltinas Tierlan, manager of the swing shift. Is there something I can do for you?"

Dark Archive

HP:12+74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +11 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

Fendel nods in greeting and begins the fabricated story once again. "Ah yes, the home of the renowned catapults. Mr. Tierlan, allow me to introduce Avis Dimitrov of House Dimitrov from Korvosa. Assuredly you have heard of this remarkable family. Well, you should be honored, because Master Dimitrov has come especially to see this facility. His family is looking to expand their portfolio, and they are dead set on manufacturing. He merely wants a tour of the best in order to gain a better understanding of the industry. It shan't take long, and I doubt very much that master crafters under your employ would be distracted by such a small entourage during a brief visit."

Bluff: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 15 + (5) = 31
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 25 + (1) = 43

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

The man purses his lips as he considers. "Hmmm...yes I've heard of that family...didn't know they were looking at interests here. We are rather busy; we're the only factory in Palin's Cove that runs continually, in three shifts. Yes, I guess I can spare a few minutes and show you our operation inside..."

He leads you inside to a huge open area, with several assembly lines and much activity. "As you can see, we manufacture some of the parts over there...other parts we have to buy, they arrive over there in Receiving...and then the different parts of the catapults are assembled in several other stations...and then the finishing assembly to the far part of the factory."

After pointing out the key areas, he turns and asks. "That's about it...is there anything else I can help you with, Mr. Dimitrov?"

Dark Archive

HP:12+74/74 | AC: 21 (15T/16FF) | Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +8 | Initiative: +11 | Perception +36 +1d6 (+2 vs traps) Trap Spotter 10' | Sense Motive +25 +1d6 | BUFFS: Clear Ear, Bloodboil Pill

The detective follows along the tour, paying close attention to both teh facility and the workers themselves.

Perception: 1d20 + 36 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 36 + (3) = 50
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 25 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 25 + (6) = 48

Grand Lodge

What Prestige Is Worth | Cultist’s Kiss

Fendel notices this is an efficiently run factory; he also detects no compulsion or domination in the foreman nor in any of the workers he observes...

51 to 100 of 275 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Otha’s The Cultist’s Kiss (Outpost III) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.