GM Worg's Fall of Plaguestone 2E

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

Maps | Chronicles


101 to 150 of 479 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: Inspire Courage +1/+1/+1 (Attack Damage Fear)
Active Penalties: None
Screech Razorsong(-9,Fine)
Hulgur Grimm(-11,Fine)

Green Farmers(1 Remain,(0/16/0))
Red Farmers(2 Remain,(16/0/0))
Merin Talusian(-15,Fine)
Gobil Sliink(-24,Out Cold)
Purple Farmers(2 Remain,(0/Pinned/0))
Teal Farmers(1 Remain,(0/Pinned/Running in Fear))
Chewface(-10,Fine)
Allania(-0,Fine)
Orange Farmers(1 Remain,(10/19))

Vigilant Seal

CG Male goblin lost and alone bard 2 | HP 30/30 | Focus 2/2 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Spells per Day: 1: 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Screech continues to sing...
"Hulgar, Half-orc, fighthing strong,
lifts a table, what could go wrong?
Throws into farmers two,
what are longshanks gonna do?"

He then again uses telekinetic throw to violently throw another tankard, this time at the farmer on chewface!

NL tankard (of doom): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13 B NL: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Envoy's Alliance

N male human (half-orc) rogue 2 | HP 13/26 | AC 19 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Perc +6 | Hero Points 0 | Spd 25ft. | Active Conditions: Persistant acid 1 (Sheet)

Hulgur advances on Jevedia and then takes a swing.

Fist: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 201d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

If Jevedia is still up:
He swings again.

Fist: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 181d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

If not:
He glares at Jedevia.

"You're next."

Demoralize: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Nimble Dodge first attack (AC 20).

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: Inspire Courage +1/+1/+1 (Attack Damage Fear)
Active Penalties: None
Screech Razorsong(-9,Fine)
Hulgur Grimm(-11,Fine)
Green Farmers(1 Remain,(0/16/0))
Red Farmers(2 Remain,(0/0/16))
Merin Talusian(-15,Fine)
Gobil Sliink(-24,Out Cold)
Purple Farmers(2 Remain,(0/Pinned/0))
Teal Farmers(1 Remain,(0/Pinned/Running in Fear))
Chewface(-10,Fine)
Allania(-0,Fine)
Orange Farmers(0 Remain,(18/19))

Sorry about the delay in posting yesterday. My basement began flooding and I needed to get a replacement sump pump immediately.

More farmers are knocked unconcious by the Pathfinders, and more farmers stay away from them, engaged in their own brawl.

Merin is up


NG Human (Versatile) Cleric 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 18(20 w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +1 | 25 feet | focus 1/1 | spells 1: 3/3 etc | Active Conditions: ---

Seeing that the immediate threat to his comrades is over, Merin cautiously slinks forward in order to get up the gnome.

Action 1- Stride
Action 2&3- Heal on Gobil

Heal: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: Inspire Courage +1/+1/+1 (Attack Damage Fear)
Active Penalties: None
Screech Razorsong(-9,Fine)
Hulgur Grimm(-11,Fine)
Green Farmers(1 Remain,(0/16/0))
Red Farmers(2 Remain,(0/0/16))
Merin Talusian(-15,Fine)
Gobil Sliink(-10,Fine)
Purple Farmers(2 Remain,(0/Pinned/0))
Teal Farmers(1 Remain,(0/Pinned/Running in Fear))
Chewface(-10,Fine)
Allania(-0,Fine)
Orange Farmers(0 Remain,(18/19))

Gobil awakes from his fist nap.
Currently you are on the ground.


BOTTING GOBIL

Standing Up, Gobil moves closer to the fighting farmers, and strikes the one near Allania.

Punch STR Prof (T) IC: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: Inspire Courage +1/+1/+1 (Attack Damage Fear)
Active Penalties: None
Screech Razorsong(-9,Fine)
Hulgur Grimm(-11,Fine)
Green Farmers(1 Remain,(0/16/0))
Red Farmers(2 Remain,(0/0/16))
Merin Talusian(-15,Fine)
Gobil Sliink(-10,Fine)
Purple Farmers(2 Remain,(0/Pinned/0))
Teal Farmers(1 Remain,(0/Pinned/Running in Fear))
Chewface(-10,Fine)
Allania(-0,Fine)

Orange Farmers(0 Remain,(18/19))

Only one farmer remains near the party in an aggressive stance. The rest continue their brawl near the front door.

Allania and Chewface are up!


N Male Goblin Wizard 2 (Missionary) | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +6; R +6; W +5 | Perc: +3, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Focus 0/1 | Familiar Focus 0/1 | Drain Familiar 1/1 | Spells 4/4 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active Conditions:

Chewface slips under a table, closer to the fray and a big tough ally. "What you got, what you have? Nothing and no more friends here! Just go to bed, stupid," he yells to the remaining farmer.

Stride, Take Cover, Goblin Song.

Performance vs. Farmer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

A crit! -1 to Perception and Will for a minute.


CG Gnome Barbarian (Frog Instinct) | HP: 31/36 (39/39*) | AC: 17 (16*) (19 w/ shield up) | F:+8 R:+6 W:+6 | PER: +6, Low-Light Vision | Speed: 25ft | Hero Point: 0 | Active Conditions: *Rage: -1 AC +2 Dam +3 HP

Sorry for Gobil taking a nap for most of the fight.

"Thank you, Merin. Guess bar brawling shouldn't go on my job applications but I gotta try and help!" Flavor for the waking up and botted attack.


Female Half-Elf | HP 32/32 | AC 19 (21 w/ Shield) | Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +4 | Hero Points 1/3 | Perception +6 (E)

With only a single brawler left within her sight Allania punches him in the stomach and rails his head into the table as he hunches over.

Fist: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Fist: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

Fist: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 8 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 - 8 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

... ◆⃟ unarmed attack
... ◆⃟ Unarmed attack
... ◆⃟ Unarmed attack

Status:

HP 20/20
AC 18 (20 with shield raised)
Hero Points 1/1

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Normal
Active Buffs: Inspire Courage +1/+1/+1 (Attack Damage Fear)
Active Penalties: None
Screech Razorsong(-9,Fine)
Hulgur Grimm(-11,Fine)

Green Farmers(1 Remain,(0/16/0))
Red Farmers(2 Remain,(0/0/16))
Merin Talusian(-15,Fine)
Gobil Sliink(-10,Fine)
Purple Farmers(2 Remain,(0/Pinned/0))
Teal Farmers(1 Remain,(0/Pinned/Running in Fear))
Chewface(-10,Fine)
Allania(-0,Fine)
Orange Farmers(0 Remain,(18/19))

Slight Update Orange farmers are out so Hulgur and Screech are on initiative also.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Somehow I missed that ninja post from Allania.

With Jedevia knocked out cold, the sheriff of town finally comes into the tavern. "Now, what is the meaning of this?! I'll have you all locked up overnight if you don't settle down this instant!"

The remaining farmers who were not beaten unconscious back off from each other. The sheriff gives them all one of the harshest scoldings you all have seen in a few good years.

**********************************

Bort sits back up into his chair. "Fine work, my friends! You managed to show them hooligans a thing or two! Glad I brought such capable and fine hands to my crew." He takes a spoonful of dessert, "Ah yum! turnip porridge!" He takes a big gulp off of the spoon. "Don't worry about the sheriff, he is just going to get things calmed down around here. Mighty fine job you all did." He takes another bite of his dessert, then gulps down some more turnip ale. "If he asks you questions just let him know the truth and we should be all clear."

Sure enough, the sheriff does come over and asks you to recap the fight and how it started. "I want to know who started it and who finished it and who broke what."

Vigilant Seal

CG Male goblin lost and alone bard 2 | HP 30/30 | Focus 2/2 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Spells per Day: 1: 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"Let me tell of a story, of silly little fight,
the server he did spill a beer on a farmer to his right!
Kolnral he did say sorry he was,
But Eallom was an ornery cuss,
He stood, he yelled, he table flipped
A barman's shirt he may have ripped,
Beers and meals a'ruined be,
thus the start of the melee!!"
sings Screech to answer the sheriff's question

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

The sheriff listens to the goblin's song. "I see. I'll be dealing with the warrants then and investigate every avenue."

*************************************

"The food here is some of my favorite. The porridge in particular is quite tasty." Bort says as he eats another few bites of it. He begins to cough a bit. "Oof. Must be some indigestion. So anyways, let me tell you all about the time I-"

Suddenly Bort begins to have a coughing spasm and he drops the spoon. He pounds at his chest with his fist. The dwarf's face is turning purple as he cannot breath. He falls back off his chair, coughing and spasming as his desperation to breath reaches its climax!


Female Half-Elf | HP 32/32 | AC 19 (21 w/ Shield) | Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +4 | Hero Points 1/3 | Perception +6 (E)

Allania dives and grabs Bort to ease his fall to the ground. "He's choking! Someone help!" She calls out, smacking the dwarf hard on the back.

Vigilant Seal

CG Male goblin lost and alone bard 2 | HP 30/30 | Focus 2/2 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Spells per Day: 1: 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"I'm a singer, not a doctor! Is there a doctor in the house?!"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Bort coughs again, foam building at his mouth. His eyes roll back into his head...

His convulsions stop.

His body goes limp.

He no longer feels warm.

Vigilant Seal

CG Male goblin lost and alone bard 2 | HP 30/30 | Focus 2/2 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Spells per Day: 1: 3/3| Active conditions: None.

while he is no doctor, Screech knows a thing or two about poisons. He will see of he knows anything. Craft +4

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

GM Screen:

Allania Medcine: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Merin Medicine: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Screech Poison Craft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Rolling Allania and Merin's medicine as well.

Allania and Merin are able to determine that there was poison involved, but not much more than that. Screech determines that the poison used closes the windpipe of the victim only a few minutes after being swallowed.


NG Human (Versatile) Cleric 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 18(20 w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +1 | 25 feet | focus 1/1 | spells 1: 3/3 etc | Active Conditions: ---

Merin's eyes widen. "Someone, Get the Sheriff!" he cries out as he goes to do something, anything to save Bort's life.....

..So we the caravaneer inevitably dies, the priest stops moving for a moment. "May Torag's halls be welcoming to you, sir," he quietly says, before standing. "This was a poison," he states to those left in the inn, "Where can we find the sheriff to get to the bottom of this?"

Vigilant Seal

CG Male goblin lost and alone bard 2 | HP 30/30 | Focus 2/2 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Spells per Day: 1: 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Screech looks at the porridge in horror... "Sheriff!! Sheriff!!" he yells out. "Murder most foul!!" Screech runs out after the sheriff, planning on dragging him back in.

"Someone has killed Bort! An asphyxiation poison... you know, one that chokes you! I think in his porrige!"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

"What?!" The sheriff turns from all of the peasant farmers and runs back inside to inspect the scene of the crime. He looks pale when he sees the body.

GM Screen:

Perception Allania: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Perception Gobil Sliink: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Perception Hulgur Grimm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception Merin Talusian: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Perception Screech Razorsong: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Perception Chewface: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Hulgur, Screech, Merin and Allania:
You realize that the sheriff is in over his head. This guy seems to have never had to deal with this kind of crime in his life.

Chewface:
The sheriff seems like a responsible sort that is gathering clues right now and seeing things that a trained eye would notice.

He gets a tablecloth and covers up Bort's body. "Delma, get the coroner and have him take the body." He pauses for a moment. "Best you all and the rest of the caravan group meet me in the stables."

*************************************

After plenty of time with interrogation, and some of the caravan members in tears and absolutely distressed, the sheriff pulls you all aside from the rest of the caravan. "The name is Rolth Garley. This town doesn't have a prison and doesn't have a judge. The next judge will come to town in about a month, so I am afraid this caravan has to stay locked down. Since you all were trying to help the victim, I can assume you are clear of any guilt. The rest of the caravan? Not sure. Someone could inherit the whole operation once the Dwarf passes away."

He opens a flask and takes a swig from it. "Until I know who committed this crime, no one leaves town."


N Male Goblin Wizard 2 (Missionary) | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +6; R +6; W +5 | Perc: +3, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Focus 0/1 | Familiar Focus 0/1 | Drain Familiar 1/1 | Spells 4/4 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active Conditions:

Chewface watches in confusion as Bort dies rather suddenly. Once again, he isn't possessed of the right spells for the job. He follows the rules of the interrogation sullenly, but trusts in the process. "Don't worry, Rolth-shanks knows his stuff, I can tell. We don't have to worry."

The goblin doesn't look like he knows how to feel about being stuck around for a month. "Want help finding the killer? You probably got this handled, real responsible-like. But Chewface'll get bored pretty quick."


CG Gnome Barbarian (Frog Instinct) | HP: 31/36 (39/39*) | AC: 17 (16*) (19 w/ shield up) | F:+8 R:+6 W:+6 | PER: +6, Low-Light Vision | Speed: 25ft | Hero Point: 0 | Active Conditions: *Rage: -1 AC +2 Dam +3 HP

"Boss? BOSS!" Gobil says as Bort begins to choke.

His hysteria calms a bit as the sheriff comes over.

---

"Alright...but that means we are all locked in with whoever did this, right? Bort was a swell boss and would even let us take some detours. Chewface is right...let us help!"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

"Leave this investigation up to the professional. I have interrogations to go conduct." Sheriff Rolth says, ending the conversation as he leaves abruptly.

GM Screen:

Perception Allania: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Perception Gobil Sliink: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Perception Hulgur Grimm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Perception Merin Talusian: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Perception Screech Razorsong: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Perception Chewface: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Gobil:

Clearly this man is in way over his head and that statement of 'professionals' is just to try to establish some level of dominance. You could see right through it, he was quaking in his boots. He isn't ready for this kind of case.

Hulgur, Merin:

There was not a lot of confidence behind Sheriff Rolth's statement at the end. He doesn't seem to know where to start.

********************************

You return to the rest of the caravaners who are gathered by their wagons in mourning. Teary eyed tales of Bort are shared, as well as expensive bottles of elven wine from Kyonin. This somber appearance is far from what is normal for the group.

Tamli remains mostly quiet through all of this, but speaks up at the end of the night.

"Bort was more than just a merchant, more than just the boss. He was my friend. We won’t leave here until we’ve found out who did this. Rolth’s a fool, but I’d be an even greater fool if I thought I could get to the bottom of this. Fixing wagons and moving goods, that’s my job. But you,” she says, pointing at all of you, “you might be able to figure out who killed Bort and get justice for him.”

She holds back tears as she says, “For all of us. Will you help uncover who did this?”

Envoy's Alliance

N male human (half-orc) rogue 2 | HP 13/26 | AC 19 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Perc +6 | Hero Points 0 | Spd 25ft. | Active Conditions: Persistant acid 1 (Sheet)

"Certainly. We intend to leave it up to the "professionals' just like the sheriff said. And I can tell you he is no professional."

"So let's start with the obvious question. Did he have any enemies, rivals, etc.?"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

"Business rivals, maybe, but nothing that would warrant as far as an assassination. Not in... Plaguestone, of all places."


NG Human (Versatile) Cleric 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 18(20 w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +1 | 25 feet | focus 1/1 | spells 1: 3/3 etc | Active Conditions: ---

"There's a second angle to approach this from." the Sarenite adds. "Bort was poisoned, and the assumption was from that porridge. If that's the case, then figuring out who had access to Bort's food and following that line of inquiry should also led to the killer eventually."

"Screech, You know about what type of poison it was. can you tell us more about it?"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Screeh will need to return to the inside and inspect the bowl to determine more information. If you all agree that you are going to search the Feedmill for clues, I will proceed with that.

Four different locations can be searched for information. Will you go to them individually, or search them all as a group systematically?

The Grounds, the Dinning Room, the Kitchen, and the Cellar.


N Male Goblin Wizard 2 (Missionary) | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +6; R +6; W +5 | Perc: +3, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Focus 0/1 | Familiar Focus 0/1 | Drain Familiar 1/1 | Spells 4/4 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active Conditions:

"Seemed like he knew what he was doing," Chewface mutters. But he knows he won't stay sane for however long the sheriff will take. This'll make as good an activity as any. He turns to Glunda. "Probably don't need to know who Bort's enemies are yet. But you said you've been around here? Know anyone who makes poison?"

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

"Not that we know of. If Bort had any ill crossing with someone here, he may have written it in his ledgar."

Extra Location to investigate: Bort's Wagon.

Envoy's Alliance

N male human (half-orc) rogue 2 | HP 13/26 | AC 19 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Perc +6 | Hero Points 0 | Spd 25ft. | Active Conditions: Persistant acid 1 (Sheet)

"I think we should start with the kitchen. Question the staff there, see who prepared his bowl."


NG Human (Versatile) Cleric 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 18(20 w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +1 | 25 feet | focus 1/1 | spells 1: 3/3 etc | Active Conditions: ---

"I agree, maybe there will be some of the poison still in there too."


Female Half-Elf | HP 32/32 | AC 19 (21 w/ Shield) | Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +4 | Hero Points 1/3 | Perception +6 (E)

"Doesn't seem like we have much other choice as we are stuck here for a month. Not like that Sheriff has jail space for all of us either if we get caught investigating." Allania grabs her gear from the wagon and tosses on her armor. "Are we even sure Bort was the target?" She asks heading back towards the Inn. "The building is cleared out, lets split across as see what we can find. I'll take the Dining room, where the brawl happened."


N Male Goblin Wizard 2 (Missionary) | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +6; R +6; W +5 | Perc: +3, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Focus 0/1 | Familiar Focus 0/1 | Drain Familiar 1/1 | Spells 4/4 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active Conditions:

"Longer the wait, the poison could be gone," Chewface agrees. He makes a weak argument for a few minutes preparation (unless we were able to heal and Refocus during other peoples' interrogations). The goblin then tries to worm his way into the kitchen again.

Vigilant Seal

CG Male goblin lost and alone bard 2 | HP 30/30 | Focus 2/2 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Spells per Day: 1: 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Screech follows the sheriff back, tearful eyed, and then inspects the bowl, carefully.


CG Gnome Barbarian (Frog Instinct) | HP: 31/36 (39/39*) | AC: 17 (16*) (19 w/ shield up) | F:+8 R:+6 W:+6 | PER: +6, Low-Light Vision | Speed: 25ft | Hero Point: 0 | Active Conditions: *Rage: -1 AC +2 Dam +3 HP

"He doesn't seem like he will be able to help much. We can move together or split up. Hopefully, whoever did this is working alone and not planning something else. I will stick with you for now Allania." Gobil says heading to the dining room as the others head towards the kitchen.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

@Chewface Of course you may rest up a bit.

GM Screen:

Hulgur Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Merin Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Screech Craft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Chewface Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Hulgur, Merin, Screech, and Chewface head for the kitchen to begin an investigation of the cooking possibly staff. Amora, the cook, is the only one in the kitchen right now. She just looks worn out.

Hulgur, Merin, and Chewface search the kitchen, but find little of value for the investigation, save for the bowl Bort was eating from.

Screech inspects the bowl, and it appears to have a floral kind of smell to it. A search of the kitchen reveals that this floral kind of smell would not be able to associate to anything that is in the kitchen.

With some research, Screech may be able to figure out the properties of this kind of poison.

***************************************

Gobil and Allania begin their search of the tavern's dinning room. Delma, the owner, appears to be the only one in this room. She works hard at trying to sort the chairs, assess the damage, and straighten it up.

Vigilant Seal

CG Male goblin lost and alone bard 2 | HP 30/30 | Focus 2/2 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Spells per Day: 1: 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Screech asks around to see if there is a bookstore or apothecary in town. He really wants to know what this floral poison. "Who had access to his porridge, and where is the pot that it came from?" he also asks.

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

@Screech You recall some equipment that could suffice within the Caravan wagons.

@Rest of Party What will you all do?


Female Half-Elf | HP 32/32 | AC 19 (21 w/ Shield) | Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +4 | Hero Points 1/3 | Perception +6 (E)

Allania helps set some of the chairs and tables back upright, she looks a bit embarrassed. "Apologies for the mess. You happen to see what caused all this or when that pot of porridge came out?" She asks Delma, looking around the room as she helps clean up.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 8


NG Human (Versatile) Cleric 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 18(20 w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +1 | 25 feet | focus 1/1 | spells 1: 3/3 etc | Active Conditions: ---

Merin takes a look at Amora and inwardly winces. After a moment, he turns to the exhausted cook, and asks, "Would you like a hand?"

In case you need it...Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


N Male Goblin Wizard 2 (Missionary) | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +6; R +6; W +5 | Perc: +3, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Focus 0/1 | Familiar Focus 0/1 | Drain Familiar 1/1 | Spells 4/4 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active Conditions:

Chewface looks over the bowl and his other surroundings in search of magic. "Hey Miss Amora, we'll get this done quick, sorry. And I was being real, your cooking's probably great."

Make an Impression: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


CG Gnome Barbarian (Frog Instinct) | HP: 31/36 (39/39*) | AC: 17 (16*) (19 w/ shield up) | F:+8 R:+6 W:+6 | PER: +6, Low-Light Vision | Speed: 25ft | Hero Point: 0 | Active Conditions: *Rage: -1 AC +2 Dam +3 HP

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Hehe...sigh.

Gobil cleans up messes under tables and in the spaces better suited for him (and his back).

Hearing the conversation start he stands up a bit bumping his head on the underside of one of the tables before crawling out.

"Yeah...I don't remember much of it myself on account of being knocked out so if you could help fill in the blanks we would really appreciate it." he adds while rubbing his head.

Vigilant Seal

CG Male goblin lost and alone bard 2 | HP 30/30 | Focus 2/2 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +5 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Spells per Day: 1: 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Screech doesn’t wait for the answer to his questions, but does expect to get an answer. He knows hat he can be quite persuasive if he wants to.

He runs to the wagons, and searches for the tools he needs. He makes his way back into the tavern dragging a large sack full of things. ”Ok, let’s get to work!” he says, as he starts setting things up. Times get thrown on tables, and apparatuses get set up. ”So, we are either going to figure out this poison, or blow this place up. Before I do the latter, Who is going to tell me who made this porridge, and who could have gotten their hands on it?”

Intimidation: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

In the kichen, Chewface starts making a positive impression with the cook, Amora. "Perhaps I was rude to shove you out earlier. We will be closing the kitchen, and cleaning everything tomorrow so you all can investigate. Bort's death must have been the result of foul play, because food poisoning doesn't work like that." Then the kitchen investigation team hears noises and panic from the dining hall.

**********************************

"Look! There is no need for that! Let me get Amora. She was the cook for tonight. She can tell you more! Just please put the lab away!" Delma pleads for Screech to stop what he is doing. "Amora! Get out here, now!"

Amora comes out, looking very confused. "Who all was in the kitchen tonight?!" Delma asks her. "I cooked the dessert, Phinick prepped it, and Trin served it." Amora says, now looking horrified by the goblin.

Envoy's Alliance

N male human (half-orc) rogue 2 | HP 13/26 | AC 19 | F +5 R +7 W +6 | Perc +6 | Hero Points 0 | Spd 25ft. | Active Conditions: Persistant acid 1 (Sheet)

"Where is Phinick then? If he prepared it then he should be able to tell us about the bowl he used."

Liberty's Edge

| From Shore to Sea Maps | Fall of Plaguestone Maps |

Delma sadly admits. "I honestly don't know where he lives. Hopefully he will show up in the morning."


Female Half-Elf | HP 32/32 | AC 19 (21 w/ Shield) | Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +4 | Hero Points 1/3 | Perception +6 (E)

Allania's head twists quickly to Screech. "What the heck, you little terrorist. We can't blow the place up. We need to figure out who killed Bort." She looks to Delma. "Did you see anyone near the porridge during the brawl?"

101 to 150 of 479 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Worg's Fall of Plaguestone 2E All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.