GM Netherpongo's Emerald Spire (The Automaton Forge) (Inactive)

Game Master Nathan Goodrich

Automaton Forge Maps


201 to 250 of 315 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Automaton Forge Maps

As Ranalus moves to the next door, the Steward offers a warning. "Many soldier automatons are stored within. They may be dormant, or may not. I advise proceeding cautiously."

Through the door, Ranalus sees that every space along the walls of this large storage chamber consists of tall, vertical sockets of human-like size and shape. Some lie empty, but most are occupied--no fewer than twelve automaton soldiers stare blankly out from the sockets into the chamber. Four are much larger than the others, standing as tall as ogres in oversized receptacles in the center of each wall.

The four automatons mentioned are large size while the others are medium. I'll need to update the map later.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 6 | AC 22 T 13 FF 23 CMD 22 | HP 80/80 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +30 | Stealth +12 | Active: None

Ranalus describes what he sees. Is that enough for another PC to make an Arcana check? Or can they rely on having faced these things on previous levels?
"What do we know of the properties of these constructs?"
Mostly wondering if they do energy damage so I can prepare with Communal Resist Energy for the party.


Automaton Forge Maps

They are emerald automatons, which Emerald Spire veterans have seen plenty of times & can tell you about if Ranalus needs it. These ones are not covered in mold. The big ones are new, but seem similar.

Sovereign Court

male Sam 9/Ftr 1 HP 92| AC 26; Touch 15; FF 24| F +12; R +7; W +8 | CMB +14; CMD 28 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stealth: -6 Samurai 9/Fighter 1

sorry got bogged down over the weekend with real life stuff

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

- - -

"I am ready when you are"

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 104/104 | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +29 +1d6
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:6 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

Professor will mention they are constructs. Their size gives them a bit more reach than I have and adamantine is your best option.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 6 | AC 22 T 13 FF 23 CMD 22 | HP 80/80 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +30 | Stealth +12 | Active: None

"Do they do electricity damage? Or fire, cold, or acid? I can ward us against one of those."


Automaton Forge Maps

They deal some electricity damage.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 6 | AC 22 T 13 FF 23 CMD 22 | HP 80/80 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +30 | Stealth +12 | Active: None

Ranalus casts Communal Resist Energy (Electricity) on the party. Wisps of darkness from his holy symbol take the shape of black lightning bolts wrapping around the Pathfinders.

Resist Electricity 20.

Sovereign Court

male Sam 9/Ftr 1 HP 92| AC 26; Touch 15; FF 24| F +12; R +7; W +8 | CMB +14; CMD 28 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stealth: -6 Samurai 9/Fighter 1

"Ranalus thanks for the extra protection"


Automaton Forge Maps

Are you guys ready to open the door?

Dark Archive

| AC 36 T18 F28| HP 104/104 | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +29 +1d6
Session Resources:
Wands LS:1, HA:6 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

"Would you like me to open the door? It is the best way to watch me get punched in the face. I'm told people like when I get punched in the face."

If people are ready Professor will open the door.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 6 | AC 22 T 13 FF 23 CMD 22 | HP 80/80 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +30 | Stealth +12 | Active: None

"One more thing."

Ranalus casts Blessing of Fervor on the party.
"We strike like the night."

Blessing of Fervor wrote:

With this blessing, you call your allies to move forth and empower them to conquer and become victorious. Each round for the duration of this spell, each of your allies can choose one of the following bonuses for that round at the beginning of its turn (their choice).

  • Increase its speed by 30 feet.
  • Stand up as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
  • Make one extra attack as part of a full attack action, using its highest base attack bonus.
  • Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
  • Cast a single spell of 2nd level or lower as if it were an enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.
    These effects are not cumulative with similar effects, such as those provided by haste or a speed weapon, nor do they actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round. Blessing of fervor does not stack with haste.
  • The Exchange

    | Male N Medium Human Shaman 11 | HP 106/106 Maka 53/53 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 15 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +25 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Life Bubble
    Professor Baldeck Kaldosian wrote:

    "Would you like me to open the door? It is the best way to watch me get punched in the face. I'm told people like when I get punched in the face."

    If people are ready Professor will open the door.

    Yes please


    Automaton Forge Maps

    As Professor Kaldosian opens the door, he realizes the scope of the project here. The room is full of automatons, and there is additional space to fill. He (and possibly others) also notice a humming sound coming from the south that wasn't obvious earlier, but he can't see what is causing it from where he is at.

    The automatons do not seem to react when the door is opened. It's possible that they aren't activated.

    We aren't formally in initiative. Go ahead and act!

    Sovereign Court

    male Sam 9/Ftr 1 HP 92| AC 26; Touch 15; FF 24| F +12; R +7; W +8 | CMB +14; CMD 28 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stealth: -6 Samurai 9/Fighter 1

    Toshiro waits for a minute to see if they'll attack.

    He whispers to the party.

    "Can we shut them off?"

    He looks around the room.

    Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

    Dark Archive

    | AC 36 T18 F28| HP 104/104 | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +29 +1d6
    Session Resources:
    Wands LS:1, HA:6 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
    Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

    Professor will look for the source of the noise and for a means of shutting the room down and locking the automatons in an off state.

    Perception: 10 + 29 + 1d6 ⇒ 10 + 29 + (3) = 42

    Dark Archive

    Male LN Oread Druid 7 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 73+4/73 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Freshwater Merrow Form: Large AC 22+3 T 11 FF 21+3 | CMB +13, CMD 24 | F +12, R +8, W +14 | | Init +5 | Perc +15 SM +11 | Speed 30+10 | Active: Resist Acid 10, Resist Elec 20, Shillelagh, Air Walk, Longstrider, Barkskin, HA | Constant: Combat Reflexes

    Before opening the door, Otto will again use his wand of Heightened Awareness on himself.

    I believe the Shillelagh that he cast earlier should still be active (8 minute duration) but if not he will use a pearl of power and cast it again.

    Dark Archive

    Male Tiefling Zen Archer lv 11 ac 24 max hp 90, F +11, R +17, W +15

    Coreleus sees the door open and taps himself with his wand of gravity bow

    umd: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


    Automaton Forge Maps

    Professor Kaldosian: I don't see that you entered the room specifically, and you'd need to do that to have much luck with the Perception check visually. With what you got I'll add that you think you hear the crackle of electricity.

    Otto: assuming the party doesn't dither outside here for a lot longer, your Shilleagh is still up.

    Party: I don't see that you have entered the room yet. You've sat outside and talked some, and the automatons haven't reacted to that.

    Dark Archive

    Male LN Oread Druid 7 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 73+4/73 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Freshwater Merrow Form: Large AC 22+3 T 11 FF 21+3 | CMB +13, CMD 24 | F +12, R +8, W +14 | | Init +5 | Perc +15 SM +11 | Speed 30+10 | Active: Resist Acid 10, Resist Elec 20, Shillelagh, Air Walk, Longstrider, Barkskin, HA | Constant: Combat Reflexes

    Otto casts Enlarge Person and Strong Jaw on Allison (Otto's archetype allows him to convert level 1 spells to Enlarge Person and to cast them on Allison even though she's not humanoid) and then Otto and Allison enter the room. I've positioned them in such a way to try to not clog up the movement of the other party members. GM or other players, feel free to move them elsewhere in the room if needed.

    The Exchange

    | Male N Medium Human Shaman 11 | HP 106/106 Maka 53/53 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 15 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +25 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Life Bubble

    What did our guide say about these guys? Since they’re not hostile perhaps we should ask?

    Dark Archive

    | AC 36 T18 F28| HP 104/104 | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +29 +1d6
    Session Resources:
    Wands LS:1, HA:6 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
    Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

    In the room now.

    Professor walks into the room and starts to explore.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 6 | AC 22 T 13 FF 23 CMD 22 | HP 80/80 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +30 | Stealth +12 | Active: None

    Ranalus follows the others into the room.

    Dark Archive

    Male Tiefling Zen Archer lv 11 ac 24 max hp 90, F +11, R +17, W +15

    Coreleus moves to the entrance door which the group has just passed through bow ready covering the group


    Automaton Forge Maps

    "Intruders Detected," the four larger automatons say in sequence. It's a little creepy. "Commencing removal order 3X-A."

    Coreleus Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
    Ograk Initiative: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 4 = 23
    Otto Initiative + Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 = 16
    Professor Kaldosian Initiative + Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 4 = 28
    Allison Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
    Toshiro Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    Ranalus Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

    Red Automaton Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
    Blue Automaton Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
    Green Automaton Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
    Yellow Automaton Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

    That makes things easy. Apparently they spent WAY too long saying they were going to remove you. Everyone can act! I moved some minis forward to get people in the room & Coreleus at the doorway.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 6 | AC 22 T 13 FF 23 CMD 22 | HP 80/80 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +30 | Stealth +12 | Active: None

    Ranalus had cast Blessing of Fervor before we entered, so if we didn't dally too much it should still be active for at least a few rounds.

    He uses Alien Mind as an immediate action for +4 sacred bonus to Wisdom, casts Spiritual Weapon, takes the +30' movement from Blessing of Fervor, and moves to the door.
    Spiritual Weapon vs Blue: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
    Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Strikes as a spell, so ignores DR.


    Automaton Forge Maps
    Ranalus wrote:
    Strikes as a spell, so ignores DR.

    To be more precise, it isn't affected by DR because it does force damage. DR can apply to spells just fine, but DR never applies unless the damage is bludgeoning, piercing or slashing. There aren't a ton of spells that do those damage types, but there are some.

    And you can get the full duration for your spell. We can assume that it wasn't cast until right before the door opening.

    Sovereign Court

    male Sam 9/Ftr 1 HP 92| AC 26; Touch 15; FF 24| F +12; R +7; W +8 | CMB +14; CMD 28 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stealth: -6 Samurai 9/Fighter 1

    Toshiro moves and attacks the creature near him.

    adamantine katana: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21

    damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 6 | AC 22 T 13 FF 23 CMD 22 | HP 80/80 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +30 | Stealth +12 | Active: None

    @Toshiro, Ranalus cast this spell on the party. Which benefit would you like to use? The fourth one is probably best if you are not making a full attack.

    Blessing of Fervor wrote:

    With this blessing, you call your allies to move forth and empower them to conquer and become victorious. Each round for the duration of this spell, each of your allies can choose one of the following bonuses for that round at the beginning of its turn (their choice).

  • Increase its speed by 30 feet.
  • Stand up as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
  • Make one extra attack as part of a full attack action, using its highest base attack bonus.
  • Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
  • Cast a single spell of 2nd level or lower as if it were an enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.
    These effects are not cumulative with similar effects, such as those provided by haste or a speed weapon, nor do they actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round. Blessing of fervor does not stack with haste.
  • The Exchange

    | Male N Medium Human Shaman 11 | HP 106/106 Maka 53/53 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 15 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +25 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Life Bubble

    Ograk tugs on the fate thread of the one in red, misfortuning his luck.

    DC 24 will or roll twice and take the worse

    Sovereign Court

    male Sam 9/Ftr 1 HP 92| AC 26; Touch 15; FF 24| F +12; R +7; W +8 | CMB +14; CMD 28 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stealth: -6 Samurai 9/Fighter 1
    Ranalus wrote:

    @Toshiro, Ranalus cast this spell on the party. Which benefit would you like to use? The fourth one is probably best if you are not making a full attack.

  • Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
  • that one. Thanks btw! I missed that

    Dark Archive

    Male LN Oread Druid 7 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 73+4/73 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Freshwater Merrow Form: Large AC 22+3 T 11 FF 21+3 | CMB +13, CMD 24 | F +12, R +8, W +14 | | Init +5 | Perc +15 SM +11 | Speed 30+10 | Active: Resist Acid 10, Resist Elec 20, Shillelagh, Air Walk, Longstrider, Barkskin, HA | Constant: Combat Reflexes

    Otto steps 5' further into the room, directs Allison to attack Red using her Hunter's tricks, and unleashes a barrage of blows against Blue.

    Shillelagh, higher ground: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 = 30
    magical B dmg: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 3, 4) + 11 = 23

    Blessing of Fervor Shillelagh, higher ground: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 1 = 23
    magical B dmg: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 6, 5) + 11 = 28

    Then Allison also steps 5' further into the room and attacks Red repeatedly.

    Free action to use Hunter's Trick (Upending Strike) on the first attack

    Claw 1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
    magical B/S dmg: 3d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 3, 5) + 12 = 25
    Assuming that hits, she gets a free trip attack from Upending Strike
    Trip CMB, +2 enhancement on claws: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32 If that beats its CMD, Red is now prone, giving her +4 on her remaining attacks

    Claw 2: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25 +4 if prone
    magical B/S dmg: 3d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) + 12 = 15

    Bite: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 +4 if prone
    magical B/S dmg: 4d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 5) + 12 = 29
    Grab, +2 enhancement on bite: 1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 23 + 2 = 37 +4 if prone

    Blessing of Fervor Bite: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27 +4 if prone
    magical B/S dmg: 4d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 2, 6, 5) + 12 = 28

    Allison roars with delight to finally get a taste of flesh, though her roar changes its tone as she crunches through the metallic skin of the "man."

    Allison Skirmisher Tricks 1/7
    Allison AC is 31; Otto's is 25

    Dark Archive

    Male Tiefling Zen Archer lv 11 ac 24 max hp 90, F +11, R +17, W +15

    Coreleus spends a point of ki and attacks the closest (taking extra attack from blessing as well) switching targets as he kills them (cluster shot, hammer the gap, if evil extra 2d6 damage ea)

    attack 1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19

    attack 2: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35

    attack blessing: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

    attack ki: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

    attack 3: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

    attack 4: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

    attack 5: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

    damage 1: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 6) + 8 = 16

    damage 2: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 2) + 8 = 16

    damage blessing: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 = 17

    damage ki: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 5) + 8 = 19

    damage 3: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1) + 8 = 14

    damage 4: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 = 12

    damage 5: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 5) + 8 = 17

    Dark Archive

    | AC 36 T18 F28| HP 104/104 | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +29 +1d6
    Session Resources:
    Wands LS:1, HA:6 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
    Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

    Professor clicks his boots (haste) and unleashed a flurry of attack against the nearest automaton (5ft)

    Attack: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (4) + 29 = 33 Mutatgen, Study, Heroism, Rage
    Damage: 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

    Attack: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (9) + 29 = 38 Mutatgen, Study, Heroism, Rage
    Damage: 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

    Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (14) + 24 = 38 Mutatgen, Study, Heroism, Rage
    Damage: 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

    Parry if he can get a follow up attack.

    Attack: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (19) + 29 = 48 Mutatgen, Study, Heroism, Rage
    Attack: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (8) + 29 = 37 Mutatgen, Study, Heroism, Rage
    Damage: 1d6 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18


    Automaton Forge Maps

    Having to make guesses as to people's actions as these things die. Moving Toshrio toward yellow. Professor Kaldosian's full attack intentions were spoiled by Coreleus killing his target, so I moved him to green.

    GM Stuff:
    Red Automaton Will vs Misfortune DC 24: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
    Blue Automaton Slam (Power Attack) vs Otto: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 - 2 = 31
    Green Automaton Slam (Power Attack) vs Professor Kaldosian: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 15 - 2 = 19
    Blue Automaton Slam (Power Attack) Damage vs Otto: 1d6 + 13 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 6 = 21

    Red Automaton: dead by dinosaur
    Blue Automaton: 50 damage (Spiritual Weapon)
    Green Automaton: dead by Investigator/Swashbuckler parry
    Yellow Automaton: dead by archer

    A flurry of blows deals massive damage to the large automatons. Allison reduces her pile of unappetizing metal to scrap as her teeth and claws tear through its body. Toshiro strikes another automaton just before Coreleus's arrows puncture its body in several locations, damaging critical systems.

    Blue & Green Automatons are both still standing, but they are both in their 'bloodied' status. Non-adamantine attacks were reduced in efficacy across the board, but between Cluster Shots and just having really high damage it didn't matter much. Red failed its save vs Misfortune but then promptly died.

    Ranalus runs past the frantic melee to the door, but finds that the door is blocked off by crackling arcs of electricity, forming a barrier in front of the door. I moved Ranalus back one square to be in front of the barrier. He can trust in his protection and just run through it if he wants to (make a Reflex save in such a case), or take another action to deal with it this next turn. The bars don't look that close together and you might be able to get through with an Escape Artist check.

    Both of the remaining automatons attempt to strike back at their attackers, although they are unable to bring their large glaives to bear in combat. Professor Kaldosian easily dodges the slam, but Otto is struck by the creature's fist in a powerful blow. Attack result 31 vs Otto for 21 damage. Professor Kaldosian is caught in arcs of electricity from the damage to the automaton he is fighting, but Ranalus's warding proves sufficient to protect him.

    Edit: it's early in the morning. Professor Kaldosian parries his automaton and kills it with a riposte.

    Everyone can act! Blue is left and it is bloodied. The remaining smaller automatons do not appear to have activated.

    Dark Archive

    Male LN Oread Druid 7 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 73+4/73 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Freshwater Merrow Form: Large AC 22+3 T 11 FF 21+3 | CMB +13, CMD 24 | F +12, R +8, W +14 | | Init +5 | Perc +15 SM +11 | Speed 30+10 | Active: Resist Acid 10, Resist Elec 20, Shillelagh, Air Walk, Longstrider, Barkskin, HA | Constant: Combat Reflexes

    Otto takes 21 damage, 4 of which are absorbed by his remaining temp hp from Heroes' Feast, leaving him with 17 dmg

    Otto steps 5' and swings again with his magical club.

    Shillelagh, higher ground: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 1 = 23
    magical B dmg: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 5, 6) + 11 = 27

    Blessing of Fervor, Shillelagh, higher ground: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 1 = 24
    magical B dmg: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 6, 5) + 11 = 23

    Then Allison steps forward 5' to see if this one tastes any better than the last. GM, the question of what Allison's reach is when she is enlarged is a little ambiguous and depends on GM interpretation. She's normally a Large animal companion with only 5' reach (per the generic animal companion rules), when enlarged (via my archetype's ability to cast Enlarge Person on her) she becomes Huge, which is the normal size for an Allosaurus in the Bestiary; Bestiary Allosauruses (Allosauri?) have 15' reach. As far as I'm aware, there's no ruling indicating which should take precedence: (a) getting Enlarged increases her reach by one step; or (b) in the absence of any other rule, creatures default to what their bestiary entries say. If you rule that she only has 10' reach then only apply the first of the attacks below, as she needs to move 10' in that case.

    Bite: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
    magical B/S dmg: 4d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 2) + 12 = 26
    Grab, +2 enhancement on bite: 1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 23 + 2 = 44

    Blessing of Fervor Bite: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37
    magical B/S dmg: 4d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 6, 3, 1) + 12 = 24
    If the first Grab attempt failed Grab, +2 enhancement on bite: 1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 23 + 2 = 28

    Claw 1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
    magical B/S dmg: 3d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 5, 3) + 12 = 25

    Claw 1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
    magical B/S dmg: 3d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) + 12 = 24

    CRIT CONFIRMATION? Blessing of Fervor Bite: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37
    EXTRA CRIT DMG magical B/S dmg: 4d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 6, 2, 5) + 12 = 26

    Allison is unimpressed with how these creatures taste and roars loudly, demanding something with more "gravy."


    Automaton Forge Maps

    That's more than enough. I'm not going to do the math. Otto and possibly Allison make short work of the remaining construct. The remaining automatons still don't react to anything you are doing. How do you want to handle the electric door? (It counts as a trap, so this doesn't have to be hard)

    Sovereign Court

    male Sam 9/Ftr 1 HP 92| AC 26; Touch 15; FF 24| F +12; R +7; W +8 | CMB +14; CMD 28 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stealth: -6 Samurai 9/Fighter 1

    Toshiro moves towards the large creature. blue taking the extra movement from the spell.

    attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

    damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

    Dark Archive

    Male LN Oread Druid 7 Hellknight Signifer 1 Hunter 1 | HP 73+4/73 | Oread form: Medium AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F +9, R +6, W +13 | Wildshape: 2/3 | Freshwater Merrow Form: Large AC 22+3 T 11 FF 21+3 | CMB +13, CMD 24 | F +12, R +8, W +14 | | Init +5 | Perc +15 SM +11 | Speed 30+10 | Active: Resist Acid 10, Resist Elec 20, Shillelagh, Air Walk, Longstrider, Barkskin, HA | Constant: Combat Reflexes

    I think we've already destroyed it. Now we need someone to disable the electricity on the door to the next room.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 6 | AC 22 T 13 FF 23 CMD 22 | HP 80/80 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +30 | Stealth +12 | Active: None

    Ranalus could help the Professor with Bestow Insight but there is really no point to doing so. He will wait for the Professor to handle it.

    Dark Archive

    Male Tiefling Zen Archer lv 11 ac 24 max hp 90, F +11, R +17, W +15

    Coreleus stops shooting as the targets simply are blasted to bits by the party and nods looking around now for anything dangerous or out of the ordinary

    perc: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39


    Automaton Forge Maps

    "The Iron Creche is through that door," says the Steward. "When we enter, take me to the control altar at the base of the Creche and I will begin the process of assuming its functions. It will take some time to do so and you may need to defend me from its guardians."

    Sovereign Court

    male Sam 9/Ftr 1 HP 92| AC 26; Touch 15; FF 24| F +12; R +7; W +8 | CMB +14; CMD 28 | Speed 20 ft | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Stealth: -6 Samurai 9/Fighter 1

    "I will endeavor to help you Steward but I cannot open the lock"

    The Exchange

    | Male N Medium Human Shaman 11 | HP 106/106 Maka 53/53 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 15 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +25 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Life Bubble

    Ograk glances at the professor I deal with fate threads, not locks, but indeed, I think we should be able to hold them back.


    Automaton Forge Maps

    We'll move forward after I get oof work today if we don't hear from Professor Kaldosian by then.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Elf Clr5/Feysworn 6 | AC 22 T 13 FF 23 CMD 22 | HP 80/80 | F+9 R +8 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +7 | Perc +30 | Stealth +12 | Active: None

    Ranalus could Teleport himself and three others (assuming the Steward counts as an object).

    Dark Archive

    Male Tiefling Zen Archer lv 11 ac 24 max hp 90, F +11, R +17, W +15

    I wonder if I could shoot a door open? Coreleus asks as they stand there waiting for the elderly professor to snap out of it

    Dark Archive

    | AC 36 T18 F28| HP 104/104 | CMD:24 | F:+12 R:+17 W:+11 | Init:+9 | Perception: +29 +1d6
    Session Resources:
    Wands LS:1, HA:6 Clear ears, Blood-boiling pill, barbarian chew
    Barkskin, Heroism, Mutagen, Reduce Person

    Professor will go up look for danger with a casual air about him.

    Perception : 10 + 29 + 1d6 ⇒ 10 + 29 + (4) = 43

    Disable device: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (15) + 29 = 44

    "Sorry coming down from something. I'm feeling peppy again.""

    The Exchange

    | Male N Medium Human Shaman 11 | HP 106/106 Maka 53/53 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 15 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +25 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Life Bubble

    Ograk looks over the professor and decides he is a hypochondriac with spring allergies, but decides not to offend their only method of dealing with locked doors besides Otto getting quite angry.

    take 10 on heal for a 25


    Automaton Forge Maps

    Professor Kaldosian easily disables the trap and you open the door. The Emerald Spire forms the heart of a massive eldritch machine. Hundreds of small gemstones orbit it like tiny moons. A control panel is embedded in the spire just above the floor--a marble and adamantine altar studded with gleaming crystals. Arcane patterns of cold fire blaze on the floor of the chamber. Two massive, coffin-like structures stand to either side of the room, with three smaller ones around them. The air us cold, and tingles with magical energy.

    "That is the Iron Creche. Place me on the control altar and be ready to defend yourselves. It will respond to my attempt to control it," the Steward warns you.

    You can move where you like. There are no immediately apparent enemies. Someone needs to take the Steward to the control altar though.

    201 to 250 of 315 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Netherpongo's Emerald Spire (The Automaton Forge) Gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.