Outpost III SFS 2-00 Fate of the Scoured God, Tier 1-2 (Revvy Bitterleaf) (Inactive)

Game Master Revvy Bitterleaf

Slides
Fleet locations


101 to 150 of 411 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

I just saw Aravon's post that crossed mine....so adding a bit to the story so far

As Qwyn's bullet slams into the Jeskraal head Avaron get's some pay-back and slams into the creatures neck and takes it's head clean off ;)

Determined to continue your scouting mission you hide the patrol's bodies and carry on
Assuming after a 10 minute break


Goals completed (2 out of 4)
Athletics
Perception

Bonus +4 if used again this round
Aravon and Qwyn - survival
Silas - Perception (but you can't get another success with the use of perception)

Good other options to use include but are not limited too:
Stealth - to take a closer look
Life science - to study wounds on the local fauna and flora made by the jinsul weapons

And don't forget to include a stealth check if you want to try avoid a very likely next patrol. Feel free to position yourselves a bit differently on the map as well if you wish to do so (your location might get adjusted depending on check result(s) though).

Acquisitives

Male Pahtra Operative (Spy) 2 | SP 1/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 , SM: +5,Dark Vision 60ft, Low light Speed 30ft | | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll not used.

"I will go sneak closer...I think I can do well....watch my back."

With that Bar gets close to the ground and sneaks up as close as he dares.

Stealth to get closer to the camp: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Stealth to hide from patrol?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Wayfinders

Male Human Ace Pilot Operative / 2 | SP: 13/13 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 5/5 | EAC:16 KAC:17 | Fort +1/Ref +7/Will +3 | Init +9 | Perception +5

Pistol still drawn, will sneak forward with Barquathius...

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Wayfinders

"Silas Bigot" Male CN Human sensate Witchwarper 2 | SP 14/14 HP 11/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

My stealth is +1 and I don't have Life science. So I will not roll.

Dataphiles

| SP 12/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | Fort +0 Ref +7 Will +3; Evasion; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep (unless specifically targets constructs) | Init +9 Perception +7; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Active effects: none | Female Companion Android Sensate Operative (Spy) 2

After checking the dead jinsul for comms or other gear Tania will make sure to stow her weapons or anything reflective before zipping her bodysuit all the way up, hoping to sneak as close as possible to get close intel without getting too up close and personal with the jinsuls...that's for starfinders only.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
GM if this one is a failed check that makes a big difference I'll use that divine blessing boon for a reroll. Your call tho!

Scarab Sages

Strength in numbers; roughly half the party sneaks forward to get a closer look at the Jinsul camp and manage to creep closer and identify markers of jinsul officers and return without getting slowed down.

Still up: Aravon

Goals completed (3 out of 4)
Athletics
Perception
Stealth

Bonus +4 if used again this round
Aravon - survival(Navigate the jungle to lead the party to an advantageous vantage point)
@Silas; Survival can be used untrained and if you fail you start the first round of a possible combat encounter entangled and aid another is an option for this check to improve the odds that Aravon will make it

@Tania; I don't consider your check reroll worthy in this case

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Orc Sensate Vanguard/2 | SP: 20/20 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 2/4 | EAC:17 KAC:18 | Fort +6/Ref +5/Will 0 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Aravon slumps on the ground after the fight is over

"Everyone is ok?" asks as he looks at his fellow agents.

The first fight, they killed one Jinsul patrol and lost no man, if they can return on their ship and leave this world it is not that bad of a start. Thinks to himself Aravon as he spends a couple of minutes to check the status of his leg.

It turned out that he suffered no serious damage. As he helped to hide the bodies half-orc shared with the others

"Nice shooting! Let us try to gather some information and leave."

Aravon goes back to looking for tracks, in the area nearby. He saw the tracks that the patrol left so he hopes it will let him learn more.

Survival, +4 for previous attempts: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 4 = 23

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Sorry folks, weekend

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Using his knowledge of jungles Aravon manages to lead you to a more advantage position to finish your examination of the Jinsuls

Satisfied that you have gathered enough valuable intelligence you rush back to your pick-up point with a patrol fresh on your heels

Once aboard your ship you take of and start to radio in your findings to report back to Zigvigix. The shirren begins using the intelligence into an attack plan the Starfinders can use in a location similar to Agillae-2

You relax for about an hour as your ship takes you to your next mission

Don't forget to spend Resolve if you want to regain Stamina

Scarab Sages

Mission 2, since you suggested doing them in order

Celita, the android leader of the Dataphiles, looks down at a three-dimensional hologram of the Scoured Stars, complete with red and green dots representing jinsul and Starfinder ships.
“The jinsuls know this system better than we do; as long as they are well supplied, they will outlast and repel us. We need to starve their fleet of resources, but we cannot do that without finding their courier ships’ flight paths. The communications I have intercepted have limited value, but I traced them all back to a massive data-processing station on Agillae-4. I need you to infiltrate the data center, hack the computers, and bring back some intelligence we can use to cut the jinsuls’ supply lines.”

Celita sends you to your destination in a cramped stealth pod that shares many similarities with a torpedo. The stealth pod quickly reaches Agillae-4, a hyper-industrialized city-planet that the jinsuls have adapted into their main information hub.
Prior to your departure, Celita emphasizes "The stealth pod is a disposable, single-use landing pod and you need to find your own way off the planet, and you should do it quickly before you are caught and slaughtered by the local jinsul forces."

The stealth pod lands in an isolated alley, allowing you to enter the city unnoticed. It doesn’t take you long to identify the target: a vast ovoid tower dotted with spines tipped with satellite dishes.

Scarab Sages

Heist Phases: The process of reaching and entering the tower, finding and retrieving useful data, and escaping without being killed requires several sequential steps. During each step, each PC can either attempt one of the skill checks listed for that phase, or attempt to aid another for another PC’s skill check.
For each skill check that the PCs succeed at, they increase their total number of successes by one. Multiple PCs succeeding at the same type of check do not increase this total.

I'm trying something else since this is pbp and it would most likely take 4-5 days to get through the skill checks for this part otherwise, so I'm just posting them all at once while giving you the options (it's a little bit less RP but I think it's worth it in this case) and you can each do them at the same time.

Step 1:
Cover IDs: You must blend into the jinsul community long enough to reach the tower.
You can mask your approach by fitting into the scenery as “captured” or “converts” (a Hard Culture check), creating a compelling jinsul armor suit (an Average Disguise check), or approaching via unoccupied back routes (a Hard Survival check).

Step 2:
Jinsul Worshippers: Your way is blocked by jinsul fanatics praying to Dhurus.
You can sneak by the jinsuls (an Average Stealth check), bully your way past them (a Hard Intimidate check, reduced to Average if you speak Jinsul), or nonchalantly bypass them by pretending to do other work (an Average Profession check for any type of tech job).

Step 3:
Outer Defenses: The tower’s entrance has security guards and automated doors.
You can break in through a back door (a Hard Engineering check), distract the guards (a Hard Bluff check), or steal a key card (an Average Sleight of Hand check).

Step 4:
Interior Halls: You must quickly reach the control center.
You can quickly scale the stairways (a Hard Acrobatics or Athletics check) or find a shortcut (a Hard Perception check).

Step 5:
Computer Terminal: Upon reaching the mainframe, you must find and extract the info you need.
You can hack the computer (a Hard Computers check), eject and steal a starship data log (a Hard Piloting check), or connect the dots from some adjacent documents detailing supply transportation (a Hard Sense Motive check).

Scarab Sages

Note: The Jinsul fleet is currently above the planet you are on. Right now it doesn't do anything...but it might be of influence at some point

Wayfinders

"Silas Bigot" Male CN Human sensate Witchwarper 2 | SP 14/14 HP 11/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Step 1: creating a compelling jinsul armor suit
Disguise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Step 2: bully your way past them
Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Step 3: distract the guards
Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Step 4: quickly scale the stairways
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Step 5: hack the computer
Computers: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Acquisitives

Male Pahtra Operative (Spy) 2 | SP 1/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 , SM: +5,Dark Vision 60ft, Low light Speed 30ft | | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll not used.

Being a spy, Bar feels this is probably the best suited situation for him....

Step 1: create a compelling jinsul armor suit
Disguise: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
I have quick disguise (for 2 minutes basically a disguse self), though I don't think this will help much...maybe use it to help with the disguise skill if confronted

Step 2: Sneak past
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Step 3: Distract guards
Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Step 4: Scale the stairway
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Step 5: Try to steal a data log
Piloting: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Orc Sensate Vanguard/2 | SP: 20/20 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 2/4 | EAC:17 KAC:18 | Fort +6/Ref +5/Will 0 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Aravon lands with his allies in a back alley. The city that they landed to is dark and dangerous. Aravon observes Jinsuls moving through the streets or flying in vehicles and he feels child going down his spine. He spent the last couple of months recovering. But never he had skills needed to complete this mission.

When his allies Bar and Silas worked on the armor he was keeping eye on any patrols that could interfere with their plans. He hoped that Silas, Bar, Tania and Qwyn have what it takes to get him into the tower. Aravon looked at the first armor that might allow them to pass through the streets. Well it's now or never...

Step 2 Jinsul worshippers

So far it was going well. But now they found the worshippers in their way. There is a couple of things that annoy Aravon and zealots are among the top 5. He notices that Bar sneaked out somewhere, he hopes he will get it past them, Qwyn and Tania were somewhere behind. Silas has begun to bully some young Jinsul to let them through. Half-orc decided to simply look angrily and aid him in the attempt of scaring the youngster

Initimidate, aid another: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Step 3 Outer Defenses
They reached the tower, and as it was expected it had guards. After quick scouting, there were limited ways to enter. Aravon suggested going full ham on them, but well others were better suited to this job. So again he kept in the back observing the surroundings.

Step 4 Scal the stairways
Acrobatics, aid another: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Aravon kept running through the staircase, somewhere after 8th floor he realized that those stairs are universal and not designed for Jinsuls. Maybe that is why they didn't meet any of them here.

Step 5

When some try to extract the data from the computer or steal data log. Aravon begins to look through the documents, mostly because there is nothing better for him to do here.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Ace Pilot Operative / 2 | SP: 13/13 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 5/5 | EAC:16 KAC:17 | Fort +1/Ref +7/Will +3 | Init +9 | Perception +5

1. Qwyn looks for a back way in...
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

2. Qwyn uses what cover he can to slip by the fanatics...
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

3. Qwyn subtly swipes a key card from an unknowing guard...
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

4. Qwyn jumps and vaults his way up the stairway...
Acrobatics: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

5. Qywn will try to pilfer the starship data log...
Piloting: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Dataphiles

| SP 12/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | Fort +0 Ref +7 Will +3; Evasion; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep (unless specifically targets constructs) | Init +9 Perception +7; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Active effects: none | Female Companion Android Sensate Operative (Spy) 2

I can see how this would be fun RP at the table but in pbp this way makes a *lot* more sense. Thanks GM!

Step 1:
Tania works with the others to use jinsul armor pieces maybe even from the scout they took out earlier to make a good cover for them to get closer to their target.
Disguise: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Step 2:
Nothing fancy here. Tania sneaks around the shadows of buildings with the more subtle members of her team.
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Step 3:
Distractions are Tania's specialty so she'll make some noise, maybe even lead a short chase around a corner with her as the target just long enough to give her team time to get around the outer defenses so she can catch up and join them.
Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Step 4:
Inside Tania looks for the quickest way to parkour her way upstairs.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Step 5:
At the mainframe Tania will help the others using the basic piloting skills she learned during her first trip to the scoured stars.
Piloting: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

wow those dice tho

Scarab Sages

Working together it turns out that having had some experience doing a scouting mission on a jungle planet brings out the best in each of you and you manage to get to your destination.

Results:
Step 1 ; Disguise, Survival
Step 2 : Stealth, Intimidate
Step 3 : Bluff, Sleight of hand
Step 4 : Acrobatics/Athletics
Step 5 : Computers, Piloting, Sense motive
total: 10 different successes

and retrieve the data you were send out to get.
Then several alarms go off and you have to run for your lives!
Luckily you managed to get past all of the Jinsuls defense undetected
Max possible result achieved, well done and you manage to make a run for the nearest space port to try to find a ship to take out of this rock without the Jinsul patrols and automated defense systems shooting at you.
With scaling less results you would all have taken some (increasing amount of) auto damage

You eventually reach the tower’s docking bay. Celita remotely locks the doors behind you to slow your pursuers long enough to steal a starship and rendezvous with her in orbit. The area holds several starships, including a mostly repaired Starfinder shuttle left over from a previous Starfinder mission into the Scoured Stars. All of which are located behind some doors on the other side of the room you just entered.

As you can hear banging on the door behind you 3 scorpion-like robots which are guarding the starships immediately move to attack you.
New map up

Scarab Sages

Init Aravon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Init Bar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Init Qwyn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Init Silas: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Init Tania: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Robot scorpions: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

init
Entire party
Robots

DC 11 Engineering - what are these robots?:

JINSUL WATCH ROBOT CN Medium construct (technological). With an integrated acid gun in it's tail and pincers

You have the feeling that if the Jinsul fleet wouldn't have been present here there might have been about 50% less robots here to guard things.....

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Orc Sensate Vanguard/2 | SP: 20/20 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 2/4 | EAC:17 KAC:18 | Fort +6/Ref +5/Will 0 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Aravon runs towards the ship as he sees the scorpion-like robots he stops with a surprise on his face.

Nice image!

He feels the surge of power as his body begins to grasp the nearby energy and uses it to his advantage. His body begins preparing for the onslaught.

But then he reaches for his big rectangular shield and aligns it against the enemy in front of him as he catches his breath.

"We should take them down quickly." says the obvious thing.

Reaching out for his shield, align the shield vs blue (+1 to AC vs Blue). I have a discipline Attracking shield which gives Bar +1 to his AC as long as he stays adjacent to Aravon for the round. The rest get softcover from Vanguard.

Entropy points: 1 (start of combat)

Wayfinders

"Silas Bigot" Male CN Human sensate Witchwarper 2 | SP 14/14 HP 11/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Silas come scloser and shoots the green robot.

azimuth laser pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Wayfinders

Male Human Ace Pilot Operative / 2 | SP: 13/13 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 5/5 | EAC:16 KAC:17 | Fort +1/Ref +7/Will +3 | Init +9 | Perception +5

Qwyn moves up and fires at red...

Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Acquisitives

Male Pahtra Operative (Spy) 2 | SP 1/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 , SM: +5,Dark Vision 60ft, Low light Speed 30ft | | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll not used.

Bar goes forward with his autopistol and tries to bluff green by hoping it thinks he is going for red, but at the last minute switching back to green.

Trick Attack Bluff: 1d20 + 14 - 20 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 20 = 7 CR of tricked creature
To hit Green (KAC): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 maybe flatfotted?
Damage (Piercing): 1d6 ⇒ 5
Trick Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| SP 12/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | Fort +0 Ref +7 Will +3; Evasion; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep (unless specifically targets constructs) | Init +9 Perception +7; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Active effects: none | Female Companion Android Sensate Operative (Spy) 2

Tania will run up alongside Qwyn, doing a diving roll to try and distract their visual receptors!

"We should spread out quickly in case they have grenades or any explosives!" she'll observe as their team is in a bottleneck.

Bluff trick attack: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 4 = 34 DC 20+cr (success = flat footed)
Static arc pistol: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 vs eac
Electricity damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Trick attack damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

oh yea and she'll try to figure something out about them!
engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Scarab Sages

Aravon sets up a bastion of defense, his shield covering his companions.

Who to a person all run past him and start shooting at the robot scorpions

Silas moves forward and shoots the green robot hitting the robot with a laser blaster.

Qwyn moves forward as well and fires a bullet at another robot which bounces of it's heavy metal body
Don't forget you have trick attack. And could you include if you are targeting EAC or KAC and what type of damage you do please? Maybe set up an few lines in your profile for your attack so you can just copy and paste it?

Bar goes forward with his autopistol and tries to bluff green by hoping it thinks he is going for red, but at the last minute switching back to green. The robot is completely caught unaware, but the bullet just bounces of it's heavy metal pincer without causing harm
Doesn't hit KAC even while flatfooted

Tania will run up alongside Qwyn, doing a diving roll to try and distract their visual receptors easily confusing the robot she targets and hits with some electricity
Vs Red?

The robot's tails twitch and launch globs of acid in your direction after moving closer on their metallic limbs which make an unnerving sound as they skittle across the floor.

To hit EAC Bar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
A&P damage if hit: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
To hit EAC Silas: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
A&P damage if hit: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
To hit EAC wyn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
A&P damage if hit: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Both Bar and Silas are hit by painful burning acid while Qwynmanages to dodge the attack against him

init
Party
Scorpion robots

Damage:
Green: 3
Red: 6
Bar: 4
Silas: 6

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Orc Sensate Vanguard/2 | SP: 20/20 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 2/4 | EAC:17 KAC:18 | Fort +6/Ref +5/Will 0 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Aravon waits for the barrage to turn silent for and is glad that none of the attacks hit him. But then he realized that all of his allies charged forwards.

He forgot the fact that he is among spies and agents that do not use long weapons. He truly hopes that they will never have to shot anything from the distance.

He growls silently and rushes forwards. His legs quickly stumping on the ground as he gains speed. When he runs next to Silas and Qwyn he is already at his full speed, he makes a few more steps and rams the enemy with his shield.

Entropic strike vs EAC@green: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 2 = 13
Damage, bludgeoning: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Full action: charge, giving me -2 to AC and -2 to hit till the beginning of my next turn, gaining 1 entropy point. Coordinated Shot vs green giving allies +1 to hit
Entropic Points: 2

Wayfinders

"Silas Bigot" Male CN Human sensate Witchwarper 2 | SP 14/14 HP 11/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Silas shoots again the green robot.

azimuth laser pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Ace Pilot Operative / 2 | SP: 13/13 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 5/5 | EAC:16 KAC:17 | Fort +1/Ref +7/Will +3 | Init +9 | Perception +5

Qwyn will use stealth, quietly dropping to a knee beside Tania...

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

...and fire again at red...

Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Trick Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Acquisitives

Male Pahtra Operative (Spy) 2 | SP 1/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 , SM: +5,Dark Vision 60ft, Low light Speed 30ft | | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll not used.

Bar pulls his knife off his belt, and rushed to flank with Aravon. Attempting to acrobatic around the bot's attacks.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

[ooc]Probably didn't do it...so it probably gets an AoO...My AC is +4 as I have mobility...so EAC/KAC 19.

With the flank. Bar tries to lay into the bot's backside.
Survival knife (KAC) +2 for Flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
Damage (Slashing): 1d4 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Dataphiles

| SP 12/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | Fort +0 Ref +7 Will +3; Evasion; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep (unless specifically targets constructs) | Init +9 Perception +7; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Active effects: none | Female Companion Android Sensate Operative (Spy) 2

Tania sees the robots converging on Aravon and moves up behind him to hopefully prevent him from getting hemmed in on all sides, diving into a somersault along the way to distract the robots while firing at red! sorry for forgetting to list my target last round GM!

Bluff trick attack: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 4 = 22 DC 20+cr (success = flat footed)
Static arc pistol: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 vs eac
Electricity damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Trick attack damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Scarab Sages

Aravon growls silently and rushes forward slamming his shield into one of the robots

Silas shoots at the same robot Aravon just slammed into adding more damage

Qwyn hiding his movements manages to surprise his target and land a shot for added destruction

Bar just barely doesn't manage to tumble past the scorpion robot and it snaps it's pincers at him as he goes past
AOO vs Bar KAC+4: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
P damage if hit: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
but Bar is just a tad quicker then then closing claws and sticks his knife in between some metal joints and cuts some wires on the inside

Tania joins in with Qwyn attacking his target and tricks the robot into standing in line for her shot dropping to the ground in a hail of sparks!

The one flanked by Aravon(1) and Bar(2) attacks 1d2 ⇒ 2
To hit KAC Bar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
P damage if hit: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
and having a bit better calibrated it's reaction speed manages to close a pincer through Bar's flesh before carefully taking a step away from the big Half-orc standing behind it's tail.

While the remaining robot shoots at Aravon
To hit EAC Aravon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Acid and P damage if hit: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
who ducks under the glob of acid spit in his direction.

init
Party
Scorpion robots

Damage:
Green: 16
Red: 21 - down
Bar: 11
Silas: 6

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Orc Sensate Vanguard/2 | SP: 20/20 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 2/4 | EAC:17 KAC:18 | Fort +6/Ref +5/Will 0 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Aravon feels the shot missing as the energy surges by him. He smiles at Tania, seeing that she covers his back.

"Thanks Girl."

He steps up not letting the scorpion robot to escape. Aravon uses his shield to push the robot pincers to the side and slams his fist at its head.

Empowering entropic strike with 1 EP

Entropic strike vs EAC, flanking: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage, acid, empowered: 1d3 + 3 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (2) = 8
Critical Damage, acid, empowered: 1d3 + 3 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (1) = 7

The fist connects with the robot's head and the energy accumulated by the half-orc is melting into its armor like an acid.


Move action: guarded step
Standard action: Entropic Strike - critical strike grants me 1 EP
Entropy Points: 2 EP

Wayfinders

"Silas Bigot" Male CN Human sensate Witchwarper 2 | SP 14/14 HP 11/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Silas moves to the soutuh and shoots again the green robot.

azimuth laser pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Scarab Sages

Aravon smashes the robot in front of him into 2 pieces, it tail twitching a bit as the life (or rather energy) slowly drains from it as it's smashed head sparks a bit from the large half-orc sized hole that's recently formed inside of it.

Silas seeing his intended target go to pieces shifts his aim towards the last remaining robot hitting it with his laser shot

init
Bar, Qwyn, Tania
Scorpion robots

Damage:
Blue: 2
Green: down
Red: 21 - down
Bar: 11
Silas: 6

Wayfinders

Male Human Ace Pilot Operative / 2 | SP: 13/13 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 5/5 | EAC:16 KAC:17 | Fort +1/Ref +7/Will +3 | Init +9 | Perception +5

Qwyn again shadows Tania, whispering, "Nice shot," before popping out from behind her...

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

...to fire off a round at Blue...

Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Trick Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Acquisitives

Male Pahtra Operative (Spy) 2 | SP 1/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 , SM: +5,Dark Vision 60ft, Low light Speed 30ft | | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll not used.

Bar grunts as the pincer scrapes on his arm. Seeing Aravon take it down, he runs over to help with the last one...trying to bluff it into thinking he is going for a melee attack...but bouncing on his feet at the last moment to get in line with Qwyn and Tania and firing a shot

Bluff trick attack: 1d20 + 10 + 4 - 20 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 4 - 20 = 0 Is the CR he bluffs....hahaha
semi autopistol (KAC): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Piercing damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| SP 12/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | Fort +0 Ref +7 Will +3; Evasion; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep (unless specifically targets constructs) | Init +9 Perception +7; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Active effects: none | Female Companion Android Sensate Operative (Spy) 2

For some reason I can't edit/move stuff on the map?

Tania dives past both Qwyn and Bar in order to use their bodies as a shield for her movement, hoping to get the drop on the last robot!

Bluff trick attack: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 4 = 16 DC 20+cr (success = flat footed)
Static arc pistol: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 vs eac
Electricity damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Trick attack damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Scarab Sages

Tania PH 7 wrote:

For some reason I can't edit/move stuff on the map?

Not sure why that would be. I think you could you do it before? Nothing has changed as far as I know

Scarab Sages

Qwyn again shadows Tania and after he pops up behind her his target is very surprised as it is hit seemingly out of nowhere.

Bar grunts, positions himself and take a shot...the robot has another little dent in it's armor

Tania dives past both Qwyn and Bar in order to use their bodies as a shield for her movement. The robot's sensors track her every move but her shot sends sparks up and down it's body

In return the robot 1d4 ⇒ 4 aims it's tail at Aravon and another glob of acid is hurled in the half-orcs direction
to hit EAC Aravon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
A&P damage if hit: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

..the glob sails right past Aravon's shield and burns his temple.

init
Party
Robot scorpion

Damage:
Blue: 18
Green: down
Red: 21 - down
Bar: 11
Silas: 6
Aravon: 3

Wayfinders

"Silas Bigot" Male CN Human sensate Witchwarper 2 | SP 14/14 HP 11/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Silas shoots the blue robot.

azimuth laser pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Orc Sensate Vanguard/2 | SP: 20/20 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 2/4 | EAC:17 KAC:18 | Fort +6/Ref +5/Will 0 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Aravon responds by trying to absorb some of the energy that hits him to minimize the damage.
Using mitigate to lower the damage by 2, costs 1 EP

Then he steps up and strikes the remaining foe

Entropic strike vs EAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage, bludgeoning: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Mitigate, move, attack giving +1 to hit to his allies, assuming that Silas didn't take it down already. Entropy points: 1EP

"Blast it to pieces!"

Scarab Sages

Silas shoots down the last robot with his laser pistol while Aravon kicks it while it's down on the way to the space shuttle.

Having defeated the robots, you can easily break into the Starfinder shuttle, bring its engines online, and blast off into space, returning to Celita with the stolen flight-path data.
The Dataphiles leader immediately begins uploading the courier routes into the sensors and navigation systems, as well as disseminating the
intelligence to the rest of the Starfinder fleet.

You can relax for a bit before going on your next mission
e.a you have about an hour to take a 10 minute break to recover stamina or heal if needed

Scarab Sages

SCOUT MISSION 3: RECOVERY EFFORTS

Venture-Captain Naiaj’s face appearson a communication screen, her features even paler and more somber than usual. She pauses for a moment before speaking.
“A group of elite jinsul starships ambushed one of our scout flights near the starship graveyard orbiting Agillae-5. None of our agents responded to my summons. I assume they’re all dead. The jinsuls have left, but we need to know where they’re going next or we’ll be cleaning up another massacre. Check the remains of our ships for anything that might tip us off about their next target.”

Scarab Sages

After flying for a little under an hour your starship sensors point you toward a relatively intact Starfinder wreckage drifting among the debris. There is a large hole in it's hull where it got hit by weapon fire (large = big enough to crawl through to get inside) while wearing a space suit)

DC 15 Culture check to recognize the ship:
You recognize the craft as the Parting Glance, a veteran Starfinder ship captained by a highly ranked flight leader named Jessyn.

DC 12 Computers check while scanning the ship:
You detect no signs of life aboard the craft.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Half-Orc Sensate Vanguard/2 | SP: 20/20 | HP: 20/20 | RP: 2/4 | EAC:17 KAC:18 | Fort +6/Ref +5/Will 0 | Init +2 | Perception +8

Aravon listens in silence to Venture-Captain Naiaj orders. He hates recovery investigation missions, he prefers saving people than looking at their corpses.

He sits at the gunner sit observing the space for any sign of the enemy.

Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"I know that ship! Jessyn was the name of the captain, they were no rookies I tell you that! The ship I think was called Parting Glance."

No computer skills here.

Scarab Sages

Since you will quickly find out that the airlock doors of the Parting Glance won't work without power and the easiest way inside is through the hole in it's hull I'll assume you'll go in that way

Turning on your environmental protections you exit your shuttle and drift towards the hole in the Parting Glance's hull.

It's cold outside and there's no kind of atmosphere. You are all alone - more or less. When you peer into the hole in the hull you see it's dark inside and there's no gravity
To speed things up a bit;
You pull yourselves inside and by the small lights of your space suits find out that you are now in the engineering part of the ship.
The power core is heavily damaged but still capable of accessing
emergency power with some jury-rigging. Possibly restoring artificial low gravity and dim illumination on board, but not atmosphere (since the hull is so severely breached).

Engineering check to restore those things mentioned above so you don't have to move in zero-gravity and possibly for some/most of you fight with miss chances due to limited light

Wayfinders

Male Human Ace Pilot Operative / 2 | SP: 13/13 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 5/5 | EAC:16 KAC:17 | Fort +1/Ref +7/Will +3 | Init +9 | Perception +5

Computers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Qwyn frowns. "I can detect no signs of life on that ship..."

He tries to see if he can get the emergency power activated...

Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Scarab Sages

Qwyn fidles with the power core but doesn't manage to get it to what he wants.

At least not all by himself maybe someone wants to try an aid another or on the first try you can try again (or someone else can try)

Acquisitives

Male Pahtra Operative (Spy) 2 | SP 1/14 HP 16/16 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 , SM: +5,Dark Vision 60ft, Low light Speed 30ft | | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll not used.

Bar will (with his cat like grace in zero G (Got to love the Nimble racial bonus for Pahtra's)) help with restoring power.

Engineering to assist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Wayfinders

"Silas Bigot" Male CN Human sensate Witchwarper 2 | SP 14/14 HP 11/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

I am not trained in Computers and Engineering

Dataphiles

| SP 12/12 | HP 16/16 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 16 | Fort +0 Ref +7 Will +3; Evasion; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep (unless specifically targets constructs) | Init +9 Perception +7; Darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 | Active effects: none | Female Companion Android Sensate Operative (Spy) 2

Apparently my phone just hates slides so whenever I'm on it I won't be able to touch the maps :(

Tania tries to lend a hand.

Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

and seems to have trouble adjusting to work in zero-g, or maybe it's being this close to everyone all at once...

101 to 150 of 411 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Outpost III SFS 2-00 Fate of the Scoured God, Tier 1-2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.