GM Bret’s Outpost III Fate of the Scoured God (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Maps
Fleet Positions
Aid Token text


51 to 100 of 661 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Flames of Rebellion

Venture Captain Arvin thanks you for helping the morale of the new recruits.

REWARDS
Level 1 The PCs improve their allies' morale, making them more reliable in combat. Once during the adventure, the group can gain the benefit of aid another (+2 bonus) to all skill checks for 1 round.
Level 2 When using this reward, the benefit applies to both skill checks and attack rolls.
Level 3 In place of the level 1 reward once during the adventure, when the table uses an Aid Token, they gain two benefits instead of one. They cannot choose the same effect twice.


Flames of Rebellion

In talking to Iterration-177, you gain significant insight into his understanding of the divine and share a portion of his intuition.

REWARDS
Level 1 A PC can gain a +2 bonus to any one Mysticism, Perception, or Sense Motive check within the Scoured Stars. This allows the PC to count as being trained in Mysticism for the duration of the adventure.
Level 2 In place of the reward above, a PC can add a +1 bonus to any one saving throw while within the Scoured Stars.


Flames of Rebellion

You are able to help Radaszam prepare a default plan of engagement.

REWARDS
Level 1: The PCs can reroll any one skill check while in the same location as a fleet.
Level 2: Once during the adventure, while in the same location as a fleet, the PCs can instead activate this reward to gain a +2 bonus to each of their initiative checks for that mission.


Flames of Rebellion

You may want to review the Overseer Announcement.

Each group can attempt the following five missions in any order. In parentheses is the type of mission providing a note about the mission's content, hinting at what skills and abilities are useful. Every mission also has tasks for combat-oriented characters.

Choose your scouting mission from these options:

Agillae-2 Ground Force Intel (Stealth and spying, Normal gravity)
Agillae-4 Data Hack (Infiltration and hacking, Normal gravity)
Agillae-5 Recovery Efforts (Investigation, Zero G)
Callion-1 Scout Hunt (Starship)
Callion-2 Captive Interview (Interrogation/Persuasion, Normal gravity)

The mission list is also found on Slide 9.

Exo-Guardians

Male Large Uplifted Bear Soldier (Guard) 5 |SP: 0/50, HP: 28/41, RP: 8/8|EAC: 21, KAC: 23, DR: 5/-|Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +4|Init: +6|Perception: +0|Speed: 40ft (35ft in Armour) Land, 20ft Climb|Senses: Low-Light Vision, Limited Telepathy (30ft)

I mean, it's either Agillae-2, cos most people can Stealth apart from me...or maybe Agillae-5 or Callion-1? I mean only one of us has Computers as far as I can tell, so no hacking, and only one of us really have Diplomacy, so that might be out too?

I would suggest Agillae-2, but happy for other suggestions

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-6 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 54/54; HP 40/40; Res 9/9; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 10/10; mk 1 healing serum 1 KAC21 ; EAC 20; Fort 7; Ref 10; Will 5; Perc +10; SM +10; Stealth +18 (+19 for trick shot)

"Ohh... lets go to Callion-1. Take on some of their ships!" votes an enthusiastic Gunnz.

"That'd really be helping the cause."

Wayfinders

LG Female Medium Formian Xenoseeker Soldier 6 (Bombard) | Perc +5 | Init +6 | Speed 30 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Senses: darkvision 60, blindsense (scent) 30, limited telepathy 30 | SP 16/60, HP 46/46, RP 5/8 | Conditions: -

"Securing our position in space before entering surface engagements.. seems like a good tactic. Who's qualified for which tasks? I'm most skilled as gunner but I could also pilot if needed."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Desha "DD" Doash | Female Human Bounty Hunter Mystic (Steward Officer) 6 SP 42/42 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | KAC 20 EAC 20 | Saves F+4 R+6 W+9 | Initiative +4; Perception +15; Darkvision 60ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Status: N/A |
Found Gear:
N/A

”Hmm...that seems like good tactical reasoning. Yes, let’s clear the skies for our allies. I’ll take the con.”

Captain and/or Magic Officer

Exo-Guardians

Male Large Uplifted Bear Soldier (Guard) 5 |SP: 0/50, HP: 28/41, RP: 8/8|EAC: 21, KAC: 23, DR: 5/-|Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +4|Init: +6|Perception: +0|Speed: 40ft (35ft in Armour) Land, 20ft Climb|Senses: Low-Light Vision, Limited Telepathy (30ft)

"Agreed, let's do this!"

+9 Engineering, or an ok Gunner at +7, or Chief Mate with Athletics +14

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-6 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 54/54; HP 40/40; Res 9/9; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 10/10; mk 1 healing serum 1 KAC21 ; EAC 20; Fort 7; Ref 10; Will 5; Perc +10; SM +10; Stealth +18 (+19 for trick shot)

"I call dibs on flying...!" calls out Gunnz, already heading to the pilot seat with unnatural enthusiasm.


Flames of Rebellion

Bursts of energy light up near space as several jinsul starships self-destruct. A flight of victorious Starfinder ships darts between the jinsul wrecks, as if dancing on their proverbial graves.

Venture-Captain Arvin’s image suddenly appears on a communications screen, his face furrowed with concern. “We just defeated this pack of jinsuls, but one of their scout ships escaped into the Drift. We can’t let it report our fleet’s position back to its superiors. Enter the Drift and stop that runaway!”

Drake or Pegasus?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Desha "DD" Doash | Female Human Bounty Hunter Mystic (Steward Officer) 6 SP 42/42 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | KAC 20 EAC 20 | Saves F+4 R+6 W+9 | Initiative +4; Perception +15; Darkvision 60ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Status: N/A |
Found Gear:
N/A

Sounds like we need to take this scout down quick. I suggest the Drake.

Exo-Guardians

Male Large Uplifted Bear Soldier (Guard) 5 |SP: 0/50, HP: 28/41, RP: 8/8|EAC: 21, KAC: 23, DR: 5/-|Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +4|Init: +6|Perception: +0|Speed: 40ft (35ft in Armour) Land, 20ft Climb|Senses: Low-Light Vision, Limited Telepathy (30ft)

Drake is good, let's do this

Wayfinders

LG Female Medium Formian Xenoseeker Soldier 6 (Bombard) | Perc +5 | Init +6 | Speed 30 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Senses: darkvision 60, blindsense (scent) 30, limited telepathy 30 | SP 16/60, HP 46/46, RP 5/8 | Conditions: -

Firepower vs. speed? What if we can't keep up?

Exo-Guardians

Male Large Uplifted Bear Soldier (Guard) 5 |SP: 0/50, HP: 28/41, RP: 8/8|EAC: 21, KAC: 23, DR: 5/-|Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +4|Init: +6|Perception: +0|Speed: 40ft (35ft in Armour) Land, 20ft Climb|Senses: Low-Light Vision, Limited Telepathy (30ft)

Actually yeah, if it's a Scout ship, we might need to chase it so speed will be essential.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Desha "DD" Doash | Female Human Bounty Hunter Mystic (Steward Officer) 6 SP 42/42 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | KAC 20 EAC 20 | Saves F+4 R+6 W+9 | Initiative +4; Perception +15; Darkvision 60ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Status: N/A |
Found Gear:
N/A

We do have some ways to deal with speed (enhancing range with Magic Officer Eldritch Shot, boosting speed with Engineering Divert to Engines, my boon that let's us start combat with 1d4+1 hexes movement after ships are placed, etc.). If we have another person who thinks we should go Pegasus, though, I'm happy to go with the consensus.


Flames of Rebellion

So are you going with a Drake or Pegasus?

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-6 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 54/54; HP 40/40; Res 9/9; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 10/10; mk 1 healing serum 1 KAC21 ; EAC 20; Fort 7; Ref 10; Will 5; Perc +10; SM +10; Stealth +18 (+19 for trick shot)

"I think we should grab the Pegasus, she is a much faster and more agile ship. Twice the fun to fly!" opines Gunnz, already heading toward the launch bay.

Sorry, Gunnz is always about the Pegasus. Though the Drake's firepower has improved a lot with higher tiers. As a player I am happy to go with whatever the group wants, as a character Gunnz has definite preferences. Either way..

Gunnz checks her exo-suite and jumps into the pilots seat. Slipping her SMC music disc into an auxiliary port, speakers blare loud pop music for a moment before she cuts it off.

Anyone paying close attention to her own physical preparation might note that she is strapped in a little more securely than most pilots would find comfortable. Either she is very careful, or she is ready for some - tight maneouvers.

Gunnz is also a space jockey, so +1 to speed from that too.


Flames of Rebellion

Voting Pegasus: Gunnz
Voting Drake: Desha
Voted both ways: Teddington
Not given a firm opinion: Princess Dh’qa
Not commented at all: Jackojare

When we have three clear votes for a ship, I will start things up.

Acquisitives

Male Shirren Bombard Dream Prophet Soldier 8: Spd:25, Init:5, EAC:25, KAC:28, SP:80/80, HP:62/62, 5 Cold Resistance, RP:8/8, Fort:7, Ref:8, Will:9, Per:3, Blindsense, Sense Motive:1

The Pegasus, we can outrun them and there are more starship roles than what there were a year ago, so fighting can be done from a distance.


Flames of Rebellion

Voting Pegasus: Gunnz, Jackojare
Voting Drake: Desha
Voted both ways: Teddington
Not given a firm opinion: Princess Dh’qa

When we have three clear votes for a ship, I will start things up.

Wayfinders

LG Female Medium Formian Xenoseeker Soldier 6 (Bombard) | Perc +5 | Init +6 | Speed 30 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Senses: darkvision 60, blindsense (scent) 30, limited telepathy 30 | SP 16/60, HP 46/46, RP 5/8 | Conditions: -

Since we have ways to speed up, I'd go with Drake.

Exo-Guardians

Male Large Uplifted Bear Soldier (Guard) 5 |SP: 0/50, HP: 28/41, RP: 8/8|EAC: 21, KAC: 23, DR: 5/-|Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +4|Init: +6|Perception: +0|Speed: 40ft (35ft in Armour) Land, 20ft Climb|Senses: Low-Light Vision, Limited Telepathy (30ft)

If we have ways to speed up the Drake to be the same speed as the normal Pegasus, let's go with the Drake. Easy. Same speed and more firepower? Seems better!

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-6 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 54/54; HP 40/40; Res 9/9; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 10/10; mk 1 healing serum 1 KAC21 ; EAC 20; Fort 7; Ref 10; Will 5; Perc +10; SM +10; Stealth +18 (+19 for trick shot)

"This ol' tub?" sighs Gunnz as she blows dust of a manual and quickly removes a few safety override fuses from below the console.

"I think a couple of modifications could make it work better, but it still handles like a drunk Besmaran whelp."

When the sweet sounds of SMC start through the ship, she sighs. "Even the sound wiring is terrible." she moans, shaking her head.

"Sooner we are off, sooner we can find a ship that is a bit more fun to fly. Strap in people, we are blasting off in 3..2... " and before she reaches one, the engines are on and pushing the redline.

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeee"

Exo-Guardians

Male Large Uplifted Bear Soldier (Guard) 5 |SP: 0/50, HP: 28/41, RP: 8/8|EAC: 21, KAC: 23, DR: 5/-|Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +4|Init: +6|Perception: +0|Speed: 40ft (35ft in Armour) Land, 20ft Climb|Senses: Low-Light Vision, Limited Telepathy (30ft)

Teddington lumbers off to the Engineering Deck grabbing a wrench while doing so, "Alright guys, let's give these Jinsul hell!"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Desha "DD" Doash | Female Human Bounty Hunter Mystic (Steward Officer) 6 SP 42/42 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | KAC 20 EAC 20 | Saves F+4 R+6 W+9 | Initiative +4; Perception +15; Darkvision 60ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Status: N/A |
Found Gear:
N/A

"Sorry the handling on the Drake isn't all you'd want it to be, Gunnz. I trust you'll make her look as graceful as a morlamaw on ice skates, though." With a slight chuckle, she pats her pilot on the shoulder and moves to the captain's chair. "Alright, crew, the jinsul are warriors through and through. I know the fleet just took a pretty major win over that deployment, but let's not underestimate this scout. Let's keep our fingers on triggers and do what we can to give our repair crews back home an easy job on our ship."


Flames of Rebellion

Distance: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 5 = 14

Your communication systems scream with piercing feedback as you enter the Drift — the telltale shrieking that often accompanies Jinsul attacks. The fleeing Jinsul is nearby.

——

STARFINDER SOCIETY DRAKE TIER 6
Medium transport Speed 8; Maneuverability average (turn 2); Drift 1
AC 15; TL 14
HP 85; DT —; CT 17
Shields medium 100 (forward 25, port 25, starboard 25, aft 25)
Attack (Forward) particle beam (8d6, Long), coilgun (4d4, Long)
Attack (Port) coilgun (4d4, Long)
Attack (Aft) coilgun (4d4, Long)
Attack (Turret) heavy plasma torpedo launcher (5d10, Long, Speed 12, Limited Fire 5)
Power Core Pulse Blue (200 PCU); Drift Engine Signal Basic; Systems basic medium-range sensors, crew quarters (good), mk 2 trinode computer, mk 5 armor, mk 5 defenses; Expansion Bays cargo hold, escape pods
Modifiers +2 to any three checks per round, +2 Computers; Complement 4–7

You are responsible for tracking who uses the computer nodes.
If you want the Captain to be allowed to encourage you, please put your roll under a spoiler.
Post when you can, Pilot please use arrows to show your movement. Gunners can just indicate they fire turret or whichever weapon is in arc.

——

Enemy Engineering:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Initiative
Enemy Pilot: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 1 = 24

Acquisitives

Male Shirren Bombard Dream Prophet Soldier 8: Spd:25, Init:5, EAC:25, KAC:28, SP:80/80, HP:62/62, 5 Cold Resistance, RP:8/8, Fort:7, Ref:8, Will:9, Per:3, Blindsense, Sense Motive:1

Go get em Gunnz! my piloting is 13 and I don't see yours, but given you are ace pilot, I'd assume yours is higher. Princess is 15

Exo-Guardians

Male Large Uplifted Bear Soldier (Guard) 5 |SP: 0/50, HP: 28/41, RP: 8/8|EAC: 21, KAC: 23, DR: 5/-|Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +4|Init: +6|Perception: +0|Speed: 40ft (35ft in Armour) Land, 20ft Climb|Senses: Low-Light Vision, Limited Telepathy (30ft)

"Full power to the Engines! Let's catch this thing!" Teddington yells, getting to work.

Engineering to Divert to Engines vs DC19: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

+2 Speed!

May I take one of those +2s? I will this turn, but if you don't want me to next turn, just let me know.


Flames of Rebellion

Teddington uses one of the computer nodes as he diverts extra power to the engines.

Waiting for a Pilot roll from your Pilot for initiative. They have my roll, if they are lower they should move.
+2 Move this turn because of Divert Power.

Also, did you want to use the Aid Token on this battle or boost it and pass it on?

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-6 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 54/54; HP 40/40; Res 9/9; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 10/10; mk 1 healing serum 1 KAC21 ; EAC 20; Fort 7; Ref 10; Will 5; Perc +10; SM +10; Stealth +18 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz hits the engines, and the whole drake whines in protest and the pressure gauges hit readings not likely ever seen before.

I'd like a node for initiative please

pilot init: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 16 + 2 = 32
They move first. I'll be using evasion to try and boost our AC. If we have a science officer who can tell where their weapons are I'll try and avoid the worst of them. I've added a dotted line for the moment, aiming to come up behind them. It may move depending on where they move. Speed thsi round is 8(base) +2 (defender of the fleet) +1 (sky jockey) +2 (engineer boost)=13. Not bad for a Drake.

evade DC19: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 +2 to AC for the round

Everyone finds themselves thrown violently around as Gunnz throws the Drake into a tight corkscrew, trying to keep the enemy guns off target!

Maybe it is some wiring that has suddenly connected, but the sweet, sweet strains of SMC start flooding through the Drake again.


Flames of Rebellion

Enemy Piloting, Evade: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 1 = 26

The enemy ship goes speeding off, it is only due to Teddington having diverted power and Gunnz putting everything into squeezing extra speed out of your ship that you are able to close the gap at all!

The enemy Pilot is jinking so as to make it harder for you to hit them.

Rest of the round please. Chief Mate, Gunners, and Captain actions.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Desha "DD" Doash | Female Human Bounty Hunter Mystic (Steward Officer) 6 SP 42/42 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | KAC 20 EAC 20 | Saves F+4 R+6 W+9 | Initiative +4; Perception +15; Darkvision 60ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Status: N/A |
Found Gear:
N/A

Sorry I was a bit slow to post, but my Drift Maven boon should also allow us to move 1d4+1 hexes and choose facing after ships are initially placed at the start of combat.

Drift Maven (captain): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

GM, as long as you're okay with my understanding and use of this boon, could you please move us three hexes closer to the jinsul ship?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Desha "DD" Doash | Female Human Bounty Hunter Mystic (Steward Officer) 6 SP 42/42 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | KAC 20 EAC 20 | Saves F+4 R+6 W+9 | Initiative +4; Perception +15; Darkvision 60ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Status: N/A |
Found Gear:
N/A

Desha calls down to her gunners, "Alright, gunnery, engineering and our pilot have done their part to get us close on our target's heels. It's down to you to actually stop them. Let's see what you can do!"

+14 in Diplomacy means I can't fail to Encourage (DC15 Diplomacy)

Wayfinders

LG Female Medium Formian Xenoseeker Soldier 6 (Bombard) | Perc +5 | Init +6 | Speed 30 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Senses: darkvision 60, blindsense (scent) 30, limited telepathy 30 | SP 16/60, HP 46/46, RP 5/8 | Conditions: -

"Yes queen!"

Spending 1 resolve to do a broadside

forward particle beam: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 - 2 + 2 = 22
damage: 8d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 2, 5, 2, 6, 3) = 24

forward coilgun: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 2 = 14
damage: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 2) = 11

using the last node
turret heavy plasma torpedo: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 2 + 2 = 27
damage: 5d10 ⇒ (4, 10, 9, 7, 1) = 31

Acquisitives

Male Shirren Bombard Dream Prophet Soldier 8: Spd:25, Init:5, EAC:25, KAC:28, SP:80/80, HP:62/62, 5 Cold Resistance, RP:8/8, Fort:7, Ref:8, Will:9, Per:3, Blindsense, Sense Motive:1

acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 Chief mate Which is what I'll be doing most of the time, in case you need it.

Hard Turn (Helm Phase, Push)
You manually adjust additional thrusters and bypass safety systems, shouting for your fellow crew members to brace themselves for a stomach-turning tactical maneuver. This bit of risky co-piloting might overtax the starship’s turn radius, but it can also help the pilot get significantly more maneuverability out of the vessel when the crew finds itself in a lurch. Attempt an Acrobatics or Athletics check (DC = 10 + 1-1/2 × your starship’s tier). If you succeed, the pilot can make one turn during the round as though the maneuverability of the starship were improved by one step. This has no effect on a ship with perfect maneuverability. If you fail your check by 10 or more, you overheat and temporarily degrade the effectiveness of the starship’s maneuvering thrusters, causing the ship’s maneuverability to worsen by one step for the rest of this round.


Flames of Rebellion

Sorry about forgetting the Drift Maven! Moved the Jinsul ship three spaces back. Did it this way so that we have a tiny bit more space before I have to shift the map.

At the captain’s request, Princess Dh’Qa fires a barrage at the fleeing enemy. The forward particle beam hits, but the heavy plasma torpedo is intercepted by the enemy point defenses! Your coilgun does not penetrate the enemy shields.

Enemy Laser net: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Spoiler:
1d100 ⇒ 771d100 ⇒ 10
Ignore, I had almost forgotten about the laser net

Jinsul Science Officer, Scan: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 = 21

Jinsul Gunner, Vandal Rocket, node: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28
Jinsul Gunner, Coilgun, node: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31

Crit: 1d100 ⇒ 29 Your sensors are glitching!

The rocket and coil gun both hit! They completely take out your front shield and damage the ship’s sensors. There are some sort of drones that come out of the shards from the torpedo. They are swarming the outside of your ship.

Rocket: 4d8 ⇒ (4, 8, 3, 6) = 21
Coil Gun: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 2) = 11

You think it would require an engineer to remove them or the pilot to successfully perform a barrel roll, flip and burn, or flyby stunt to shake them off. Since they came off from a Jinsul weapon, you expect whatever they do can’t be good for your ship.

——

Round 2

Jinsul Engineering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Jinsul Pilot Initiative: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Your shields:
Forward 0
Port 25
Aft 25
Starboard 25

HP 78

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-6 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 54/54; HP 40/40; Res 9/9; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 10/10; mk 1 healing serum 1 KAC21 ; EAC 20; Fort 7; Ref 10; Will 5; Perc +10; SM +10; Stealth +18 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz pushes the Drake into overdrive, trying to close on the fleeing shuttle before them.
"So, they have good aft defences..." she notes, before quietly adding.
The Pegasus would have overtaken them by now.."

My suggestion GM is to just wrap the map around and have them fly off to the left, and we just note that we can't go "back" to catch up with them..

init, node: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 2 = 19 ugh

She frantically tries to shake off the drones trying to eat into the Drake.
"She's not much of a ship, but we are not an oil well!"

"Bahh.. they are trying to slow us down. If I try anything to get rid of them, we'll slow down too much."

Just evading this round again, don't want them to get too far ahead of us.
Can the engineer do anything?

evade DC 19: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26 Ship AC is 15+5(ranks)+2(evade)=22 for the round Actually losing initiative is good for us here, I can do a flyby
flyby DC 24: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Belt harnesses creak as the Drake banks sharply to port and then jiggers up and down in a semi-random pattern. On the plus side, SMC moves in playing Bubble-pop "I love this one!"

Acquisitives

Male Shirren Bombard Dream Prophet Soldier 8: Spd:25, Init:5, EAC:25, KAC:28, SP:80/80, HP:62/62, 5 Cold Resistance, RP:8/8, Fort:7, Ref:8, Will:9, Per:3, Blindsense, Sense Motive:1

Round 2 acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 Hard Turn obviously Once the drones are on the map, Gunnz can make her move with the extra turn in place.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-6 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 54/54; HP 40/40; Res 9/9; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 10/10; mk 1 healing serum 1 KAC21 ; EAC 20; Fort 7; Ref 10; Will 5; Perc +10; SM +10; Stealth +18 (+19 for trick shot)

I'm going to suggest that hard turns are not going to help us until we are closer to them, even with all the bonuses we are only closing at three hexes a turn. It'll be a couple of rounds before that level of maneuverability is important to us.


Flames of Rebellion

Are you going to use the Aid Token for Remote Assistance or Boost it?

I will read up on Hard Turn. I'm not as familiar with the COM starship combat maneuvers.

Acquisitives

Male Shirren Bombard Dream Prophet Soldier 8: Spd:25, Init:5, EAC:25, KAC:28, SP:80/80, HP:62/62, 5 Cold Resistance, RP:8/8, Fort:7, Ref:8, Will:9, Per:3, Blindsense, Sense Motive:1

I really don't have anything better to do, I have no computer/engineering, and my gunnery checks is only +10. The other chief mate options don't look that helpful either.

Exo-Guardians

Male Large Uplifted Bear Soldier (Guard) 5 |SP: 0/50, HP: 28/41, RP: 8/8|EAC: 21, KAC: 23, DR: 5/-|Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +4|Init: +6|Perception: +0|Speed: 40ft (35ft in Armour) Land, 20ft Climb|Senses: Low-Light Vision, Limited Telepathy (30ft)

"Lemme get right on those drones for you!"

Teddington sets to work. Did the flyby shake them off?

Engineering Divert Shields vs DC19: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Bugger

"Ah Captain, this flyby is making me lose control of my wrench. Sorry!"

Wayfinders

LG Female Medium Formian Xenoseeker Soldier 6 (Bombard) | Perc +5 | Init +6 | Speed 30 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Senses: darkvision 60, blindsense (scent) 30, limited telepathy 30 | SP 16/60, HP 46/46, RP 5/8 | Conditions: -

Please post explicitly when the helm phase has concluded and I can know for sure what the ships' positions are.

"Can our science officer shift shields to forward?"


Flames of Rebellion

Gunnz flies right by the enemy ship, shaking off the drones in the process!

The drones don’t appear on the map. They are a function of the Vandal rocket. When the rocket hits, it releases tiny robot drones that attach to your ship and do something. You didn’t wait long enough to find out what that something is. Successfully scanning the enemy would also tell you what they do.

Jackojare is able to bypass some safety systems enabling a short extra burst from the maneuvering thrusters.

Teddington isn’t able to find enough reserve power to regenerate the shields.

The Jinsul Science Officer takes the opportunity to lock on to your systems as you pass by.
Jinsul Science: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

The Jinsul Pilot continues to take evasive maneuveres.
Pilot: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 1 = 19 DC is only 17, he can’t currently fail

Then the Jinsul ship moves away.

Adjusted ship positions to the left, then moved the Jinsul ship straight away from you.

Desha is able to mystically determine the following about the enemy ship:

JINSUL SCOUT CRAFT TIER 5
Medium explorer
Speed 10; Maneuverability good (turn 1); Drift 1
Living crew complement: 6

AC 19; TL 19
HP 65/65
Shields:
Forward 25
Port 25
Starboard 25
Aft 11/25

Power Core Pulse Blue (200 PCU)

Attack (aft) vandal rocket (4d8 plus drones; 20 hexes, Speed 12, Limited Fire 5)
The ship has more weapons.

Vandal Rocket:
This weapon functions identically to a high explosive missile launcher, except that pieces of the rocket's shrapnel animate into drones that continue to rend the ship if it successfully deals Hull Point damage. Each successive gunnery phase, the target ship takes 1d4 damage to its Hull Points until the drones are either forcibly removed during the engineering phase with a successful Engineering check (DC = 15 + 2 × the engineer's starship's tier) or shaken off by the pilot during the helm phase with a successful barrel roll, flip and burn, or flyby stunt. Multiple rocket strikes cannot increase this continual damage beyond 1d4 per round.

Gunnery!

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Desha "DD" Doash | Female Human Bounty Hunter Mystic (Steward Officer) 6 SP 42/42 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | KAC 20 EAC 20 | Saves F+4 R+6 W+9 | Initiative +4; Perception +15; Darkvision 60ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Status: N/A |
Found Gear:
N/A

Desha's expression grows grim as the jinsuls immediately deplete their shileds and begin eating into the Drake's hull. We need to know more about what we're facing, she thinks as she pulls out a thin metallic plate the size of a large card and lays in on the arm of the captain's seat.

"Princess, keep up the good work. Give me a moment. I'm going to see what I can learn about our friends here." Switching to Magic Officer for the round

Desha taps the crystal embedded at the center of the metallic plate, and a three dimensional deck of harrow cards appears above it. She swipes her hand over the projected cards and lays out a quick pattern of discernment.

Using a virtual harrow deck to perform the Scrying Magic Officer action to scan the enemy ship. I'm not sure if this would be affected by the glitching scanners since this isn't using the Computers skill, but if it does, please apply the penalty to the following roll.

Scrying (Mysticism): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Scrying:
You employ a substantial form of divination, such as dealing from a digital harrow deck, reading the future by interpreting the splatter of leaking coolant on your ship, or visually scanning the readouts of your starship’s myriad screens to pull deeper and predictive meaning from the lights and sounds around you. This functions as the scan science officer action, but you attempt a Mysticism check instead of a Computers check. For information about the effects of a successful scan action, see page 325 of the Core Rulebook.

Wayfinders

LG Female Medium Formian Xenoseeker Soldier 6 (Bombard) | Perc +5 | Init +6 | Speed 30 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Senses: darkvision 60, blindsense (scent) 30, limited telepathy 30 | SP 16/60, HP 46/46, RP 5/8 | Conditions: -

Princess Dh'Qa resolves to fire another broadside.

Forward Particle Beam: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 2 + 2 = 27
damage: 8d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 5, 1, 1, 3, 2, 6) = 21

Forward Coilgun: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 2 + 2 = 28
damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 4) = 10

Applying computers
Turret Antimatter Missiles: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 19
damage: 5d10 ⇒ (10, 3, 10, 8, 3) = 34


Flames of Rebellion

Forward Particle Beam and Coilgun both hit! They smash through the shield and damage the hull.

1d100 ⇒ 90 Power Core!

The enemies evasive maneuvers are enough to prevent the missiles from gaining lock on.

The enemy fires back at you, but only the coilgun hits. Still, that is enough to interfere with the engines!
Vandal Rocket, node: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15
Coilgun, node: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 = 25

Coilgun damage: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 4) = 13

Engines glitching.

Drake
Forward 0
Port 25
Aft 25
Starboard 25

Sensors glitching, -2 Science Officer actions
Engines glitching, -2 Pilot actions

HP 65

——

Round 3

You get some tactical assistance from another Starfinder vessel in the area.
Remote Assistance from Aid Token, +2 to all rolls.

Enemy Engineering: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 = 17

Enemy Pilot Initiative: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Desha "DD" Doash | Female Human Bounty Hunter Mystic (Steward Officer) 6 SP 42/42 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | KAC 20 EAC 20 | Saves F+4 R+6 W+9 | Initiative +4; Perception +15; Darkvision 60ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Status: N/A |
Found Gear:
N/A

"Alright, enough dawdling." Desha collapses her virtual harrow deck before she calls down to Teddington down in the engine room, "Teddington. How are things looking down there? Think you can give us some power back in our shields?"

Auto-succeed Encourage to Engineering, so Teddington will get an additional +2 to his check.

What kind of information, if any, did I get from Scrying the jinsul ship?

Exo-Guardians

Male Large Uplifted Bear Soldier (Guard) 5 |SP: 0/50, HP: 28/41, RP: 8/8|EAC: 21, KAC: 23, DR: 5/-|Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +4|Init: +6|Perception: +0|Speed: 40ft (35ft in Armour) Land, 20ft Climb|Senses: Low-Light Vision, Limited Telepathy (30ft)

"Sure thing Captain!"

Engineering vs DC19: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 30
+2 from node, +2 from aid, +2 from Desha

"Shields have been restored 10 Captain!"

51 to 100 of 661 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost III SFS Fate of the Scoured God Tier 5-6 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.