Zoomba's Stumbling Society [SFS 2-06 & 2-08] (Inactive)

Game Master Zoomba

Map/Slides


301 to 350 of 635 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

She was joking, right? This place will not self-destruct, isn't it?

Asks worried to his comrades Eselar before being interrupted by the arrival of the grab-elevator and a bunch of things around them!

What's the Hell!? What's going on here! Someone can explain it to me what are these thing?
Asks completely lost Eselar.

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

Moxie darts over to one of the spheres and with a shout she tosses the incendiary grenade right in front of the giant plant.

"Starfinders! Charge!"

Using Get 'Em combined with an attack as a standard action. Everyone get's +2 to hit the plant monster."

Grenade Toss: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Fire Damage, DC 17: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

In addition to taking full damage on a successful save, they would also take 1d6 burn.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 8 | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 29| F +8 R +12 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 30 feet | Ammo: fork 20/20, Cannon: 100/100 | Preferred pronouns: Bugface or if you must, they

Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

I think I wanna see what the outcome of this is before acting.

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Life Science: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Engineering: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

Ditto to Bugface, I might be focusing on a few different things based on Knowledge :-)

Oh, and Sparky should be repaired already.

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Life Science: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

I assume neither of those are successes, but I also think we'll want Lucky to tell us what they discovered before acting, although the following would be my immediate reaction.

Brock looks to Eselar, and points at the plant thing. "Thing looks tailor made for a flamethrower, eh?" He pulls up his machine gun, and the mounted grenade launcher hums as he brings it online.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society
Moxie Moon wrote:

In addition to taking full damage on a successful save, they would also take 1d6 burn.

Do you mean a Failed save? Otherwise, what ability negates the success?

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

As Moxie springs to action and throws a guiding grenade at the plant-creature. Lucky realizes that the child star's target is a moonflower. But this creature doesn't look like a normal specimen: as it lumbers and rises up it looks mutated by some combination of radiation and abyssal energies. The 'good' news is that the mutant's mouth seems smaller than normal which means it may not be able to swallow you whole. But its tentacles look extremely lengthy and its skin flush with foul energy. DR 10/ Slashing or Good. Moonflowers also resist cold attacks, but as you see from Moxie's grenade they are particularly vulnerable to flames.

The spheres in contrast are less familiar to you all, but based on the information you've seen and read they seem to be objects capable of generating powerful shielding energy. Now however they're sparking and glowing with atomizing power - the neutriad spheres have been tampered with! Instead of creating protective force the spheres now are regularly unleashing atomizing blasts of power to everything around them. You may be able to shut them down or control the blasts using the controls built into the elevator (it's networked into the system) with Computers, Engineering, or Mysticism checks. The situation isn't stable though: in about a minute if the spheres are still active in this way they're going to overload entirely!

Initiative

Moxie 26/40 SP
Bugface
Lucky Sevens & Sparky
Data
Eselar
Brock

Spheres
Mutated Moonflower 6 damage

Sorry Lucky: I thought you may have repaire him but couldn't quickly find that post :)

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Assuming that information is passed along, I will alter my strategy. Quick question: Is the green viny area difficult terrain? I assume that I'm positioned outside of its reach where I've placed myself.

Brock lowers the squad gun, advancing toward the creature and drawing his handaxe from his belt as he does so. "Wetwork it is, then ..." He hurls the throwing axe at the creature, positioning himself between it and Moxie. "You lot shut those spheres down ... I got some aggressive landscaping to do."

Thrown handaxe attack, get 'em: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23
Thrown handaxe damage: 1d4 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

Eselar moves and uses his flamethrower on the beast-plant

Flamethrower vs EAC: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17
Damages, F: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10

Is it immune to mind-affecting effects? Asks Eselar.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Yes: the vines are difficult terrain. And it is immune to mind-affecting things unfortunately for you.

As Brock approaches, the mutated moonflower lashes out at the dwarf with a tendril. It slams down through his armor, but the dwarf's own axe also hits home and slices off a thick vine

AoO tentacle v KAC: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32 for Bludgeoning damage: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

The same sadly can't be said for Eselar: the kasatha's blast burns much of the tumor-like vines in front of him but fails to hurt the moonflower itself

Initiative

Moxie 26/40 SP
Bugface
Lucky Sevens & Sparky
Data

Eselar
Brock 37/59 SP
Spheres
Mutated Moonflower 23 damage

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

Yeah, that a typo. But then again, it's failure would be my success, right?

"I'm going to hit it with that other incendiary. Let's give this overgrown houseplant everything we've got!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 5: Speed:25, Init:2, SP:20/40, HP:29/29, RP:6/6, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:4, Perc:5

Data will magic missile the moonflower from here dmg: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 3) + 3 = 13

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 8 | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 29| F +8 R +12 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 30 feet | Ammo: fork 20/20, Cannon: 100/100 | Preferred pronouns: Bugface or if you must, they

Bugface doesn't like the look of those spheres and shares what they think about them. Bugface starts ripping the elevator controls apart to do something about it. {It doesn't sound like Bugface will be able to do much to hurt that thing. Bugface will try to shut down this trap, call for Bugface if help is needed.}

Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

1d4 ⇒ 4

Bugface works quickly to try and disable the neutriad spheres surrounding the space. The alien nature of the relics proves difficult to understand, and the shirren is unable to fully shut them down. However, they are able to temporaily direct the building energies in one of the spheres. The 'cloudy' sphere on the map is under your control this round. Instead of lashing out, you can direct its energy in a ray towards the target of your choice within 30 ft (+15 v EAC, 1d12+1 atomizing damage)

Meanwhile the massive moonflower is struck hard by a trio of force missiles launched by Data. The plant collapses down into the mutated plant morass, seemingly fused to the tumorous vines. It has total concealment (50% miss chances) at the moment. At the same time, a strange pulsating pod grows out of the morass to the south of the room. The new bud drips with an acidic sap, but seems linked to the main flower...

Initiative

Moxie 26/40 SP
Bugface, controlling sphere 4

Lucky Sevens & Sparky
Data
Eselar
Brock 37/59 SP
Spheres
Mutated Moonflower 36 damage

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

"atomizing damage" ... That's a new one.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Untyped, and very similar to disintegration

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Lucky gets to work on reprogramming the atomizing failsafes, barely sparing a second's thought for Sparky aside from a quickly muttered.

"Hedgetrimmer protocol, mind the splash back"

Sparky whirs as it sidesteps to avoid drenching Eselar and blasts a torrent of acid into the creature!

Computers: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Disintegrator: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Acid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Concealment, low good for you: 1d100 ⇒ 66

Lucky also tries to disable the neutriad spheres, but is currently only able to assert temporay contorl over one of them The 1d3 ⇒ 3 'yellow' one. Sparky's blast in turn gets lost in the vines the moonflower is hiding in.

Around the room, the two unaccessed neutriad spheres crackle and glow with unchecked energies. Destructive force radiates out of them in a burst, with Moxie and Brock caught in the wave from the sphere they are standing near.

Moxie and Bock take 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 damage, Fort 15 for half as your molecular structure is getting disrupted.

Still concealed in the vines, it is hard to make out the form of the central moonflower. But a vine snakes out to bludgeon Eselar - while another surprisingly attacks Data from the mass of tumorous plants by the pod!

Attack v Eselar KAC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 for Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Attack v Data KAC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 for Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Finally, the newly spawned pod unleashes a stream of acidic bile to the north, catching Data and Sparky in its path.

Acid damage: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 5, 1) = 21 Reflex 13 for half damage

Initiative

Moxie 26/40 SP, need FORT
Bugface, controlling sphere 4
Lucky Sevens & Sparky, need REFLEX
Data 25/40 SP, need REFLEX
Eselar
Brock 37/59 SP, need FORT

Spheres
Mutated Moonflower 36 damage
Weird pod

Bugface and Lucky: as the other spheres radiated energy outwards, this round you can direct the ones you are controlling to fire at a specific target within 30 feet instead (+15 v EAC, 1d12+1 damage). The control only lasts for the one round, but you can keep hacking/Mysticisming to try to regain control or shut them down (and if you would like to focus your efforts on a specific sphere, let me know).

The moonflower also seems pretty comfortable hiding in total concealment right now, at least with that pod out and about...

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Zoomba: A lot going on in this fight, and let me say that you're doing a great job of managing it all, and making it very clear. Really appreciate it.

Fort save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Take 3 SP damage
Also going to attempt a life science roll to see if I can identify anything about the pod that may be different from this thing ... like is it weaker, does it not have the DR, etc.
Life Science: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

The handaxe thrown last turn continues to spiral through the air, dovetailing high above the fight and returning to Brock's waiting hand ... except that his hand isn't waiting. He punches a button on the forcefield mounted on his chest, and a field of purple energy surrounds him, then he pulls the gun up, gripping it in both hands as he fires a grenade toward the hidden creature.

The returning handaxe hovers, spiralling around Brock in the air for a moment, then slams into the ground at his feet, almost as if slighted by being ignored.

Move action: Activate force field. Swift Action: Change grips to hold the gun in two hands. Standard action: Shoot grenade toward the center back of where the creature is, so we should all be safely out of the blast radius.

Grenade launcher, get 'em (I assume): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28
Incendiary Mk II damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
These are Level 6 grenades ... With a +2 dex, I think that means the burn DC is 15.

Not sure if someone else will have triggered the AoO before it gets to me, but I'm likely going to get thwacked for that.

34 SP, 5 Temp HP, fast healing 2

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

activating a force field is a standard action :'(

Not knowing if the creature is able to see him throuhg the fog, Eselar moves towards it and tries to slash it with his sword.

In Iomedae's name!

Sword + Get'Em vs KAC: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14
Sword + Get'Em vs KAC (reroll 2*): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 29
Miss Chance (high is good): 1d100 ⇒ 86
Damages, S, Holy: 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (3, 8) + 12 = 23 If the creature is considered as an evil outsider, add +1 to damages

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 8 | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 29| F +8 R +12 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 30 feet | Ammo: fork 20/20, Cannon: 100/100 | Preferred pronouns: Bugface or if you must, they

I assume it's a standard action to have the sphere shoot?

{Bugbrain, keep this thing under control.} Bugface leaves their exo-cortex to the job of hacking into the spheres and directs the one that's ready to shoot at the new pod.

Sphere Blast: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Remote Hacking Computers: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Oops, my bad. Ignore the force field then.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society
Bugface wrote:
I assume it's a standard action to have the sphere shoot?

It's a free action actually: essentially on your last turn since you were able to paritally hack a sphere, you control 'its' next turn instead of it radiating wildly. If that would have affected your actons let me know: as you can see there's quite a bit going on at once here :)

Brock's experience with this type of mutant is spotty at best, but the pod definitely seems to be a small part of the currently-hidden moonflower. Unfortunately his mind is a bit distracted as he launches a grenade into the vines only to get walloped by a tendril in return.

AoO v KAC: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27 for Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Still, the dwarf provides a good distraction for Eselar as he wanders straight into the thick of the clinging and tumorous vines. Even up close the moonflower is carefully hidden amidst the bizarre foliage, but his holy sword connects and is rewarded with the sight of green ichor spewing out. Affected by abyssal energies, but not fully an Outsider. Still a good hit though!

Meanwhile, Bugface continues to try to shut down the neutriad spheres but their alien nature continues to elude them. No control this round. They were however able to direct a solid blast at the pod before losing control however, causing it to shrink noticeably as much of it is atomized.

Initiative

Moxie 26/40 SP, need FORT
Bugface
Lucky Sevens (w/ one sphere shot this turn) & Sparky, need REFLEX
Data 25/40 SP, need REFLEX

Eselar
Brock 17/59 SP
Spheres
Mutated Moonflower 59 damage
Weird pod 11 damage

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 5: Speed:25, Init:2, SP:20/40, HP:29/29, RP:6/6, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:4, Perc:5

reflex: 3 + 1d20 ⇒ 3 + (1) = 4 and data will magic missile the moon flower again dmg: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) + 3 = 11


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

The moonflower is totally concealed form you all right now. You can attempt to attack into its square (with the 50% miss chance), but as you cannot see it at the moment it can't be directly targeted by spells, including Magic Missile.

Initiative

Moxie 26/40 SP, need FORT
Bugface
Lucky Sevens (w/ one sphere shot this turn) & Sparky, need REFLEX
Data 4/40 SP

Eselar
Brock 17/59 SP
Spheres
Mutated Moonflower 59 damage
Weird pod 11 damage

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Sparky's evasive protocols are more than sufficient to avoid the worst of the spray, but it has a bit more trouble returning fire as it moves to clear Data from its field of view.

Lucky meanwhile remains hard at work, redirecting the spheres' energy while she searches for a more permanent solution...

Sparky Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Engineering: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Sphere Blast at the Pod: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Disintegrator: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Acid Damage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 5: Speed:25, Init:2, SP:20/40, HP:29/29, RP:6/6, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:4, Perc:5

misunderstood, was thinking he was just glitching out or something
Mirror image then to protect myself images: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

While Data defends himself by mking Datas 2-thru-5, Lucky continues to try and shut down the neutriad spheres. The android feels increasingly close to cracking them, but instead of a full shutdown needs to console herself by taking control of the 1d4 ⇒ 1 northwestern one Cloud on map The shot she directed the last spike was effective though, taking out most of the remainder of the pod, who is wilting and barely still standing.

Initiative

Moxie 26/40 SP, need FORT
Bugface
Lucky Sevens (controlling 'yellow' sphere) & Sparky, 10 damage
Data 4/40 SP
Eselar
Brock 17/59 SP
Spheres
Mutated Moonflower 59 damage
Weird pod 20 damage

Also while Brock is uncertain, a new Life Science on that pod could possibly give you a better sense of how its connected to the moonflower.

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Moxie shrugs off the worst of the damage as she darts forward, slipping the second incendiary grenade into her hand and tossing it into the foliage.

"C'mon guys! It can't hide from grenades!"

Grenade Throw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Flame, Reflex DC 18: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5) = 17

I don't think I can use Get 'Em if I can't See 'Em.

The grenade last round should have done an extra d6 damage, but it might be a little late for a retcon. The burn damage is still 1d6 on a failure.

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

Eselar tries to avoid the grenade !

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Life Sciences for pod: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

I'm fine with a retcon for that d6: one benefit of play-by-post is that it makes it pretty easy to go back and see exactly what happened :)
And yes: total concealment would stop Get 'Em

1d6 ⇒ 5

Moxie launches off her second grenade deep into the viney mass. A fiery explosion results, but the flames don't seem to quite catch as much as she'd hoped. Eselar: the grenade was able to be thrown so you were just out of the blast radius
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Still, the plant roars from underneath the green growth even as it seems to try a sink even further into the morass somehow. Two vines lash out at Eselar and Moxie as yet another pod emerges tot he east.

Attack v Eselar KAC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 for Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Attack v Moxie KAC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 for Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

The newly spawned 'blue' pod spits out its own disgusting acidic spray straight ahead, directly at Data and Bugface.
Acid damage: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 1, 6) = 12 Reflex 13 for half

While the tattered and heavily atomized one shifts in the vines and fires its own bile line to catch Lucky and Sparky!
Acid damage: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3, 3, 3) = 19 Reflex 13 for half

The three uncontrolled spheres radiate out more destructive energy as they continue to overload. Luckily, none of you are close enough to be affected this time.

Initiative

Moxie 2/40 SP
Bugface, need Reflex
Lucky Sevens (free shot from NW sphere), need Reflex & Sparky, 10 damage, need Reflex
Data 4/40 SP, need Reflex
Eselar 715/33 SP
Brock 17/59 SP

Spheres
Mutated Moonflower 74 damage
Weird orange pod 20 damage
Weird blue pod

Last but not least Lucky tries to make sense of the spawning pods even as her attention is pulled in every direction by the escalating situation. It isn't a natural part of moonflower physiology - likely one of the mutated aspects of the creature - but more pods seem to be being formed as the central moonflower is hurt - and retreating into cover. Maybe the reverse could be true to: if the pods were destroyed, the main moonflower might be drawn out of the vines (and thus fully visible once again).

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Brock calls out, "Eselar, the thing can't hide from the flamethrower!"

The blast property ignores concealment.

He releases the largely-useless machine gun, letting the weapon fall to the ground. Into the open hand manifests his curved sword. With his other hand, he punches his chest to activate his force field, then grabs his handaxe.

Free action: Drop machine gun. Swift action: Summon called weapon. Standard action: Activate force field. Move action: Pick up handaxe.

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

Eselar answer, I'm terrible with ranged weapon, I will not be able to hit this thing with it!

Eselar drops at his feet the weapon Use it, I prefer my sword!

And Eselar continues to strikes at the demonic flower. Twice this time.

Sword vs KAC: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 = 12
Concealment, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 6
Damages, S, holy: 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (7, 4) + 12 = 23
Sword vs KAC: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 4 = 20
Concealment, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 76
Damages, S, holy: 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (8, 7) + 12 = 27

Free action, drop flamethrower at my feet, full-round action attack twice the flower

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

Moxie Pat's her torso where the plant slammed her with it's tendrils.

Good. No blood. And nothing feels broken.

"Eselar, keep up the assault! Everybody else, focus fire on the wound pod! We need to draw momma out!"

Get 'Em +2 on the orange pod. Inspired Boost on Eselar to heal 17 Stamina. I don't know if Get 'Em would apply to the sphere attacks. It doesn't aid machines such as drones. Are we making the attacks or is it the machine?


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Good question! The machines are the ones actually making the attack: anyone asserting contorl over them is just adjusting the target(s). So Get 'Em would not apply to those if it doesn't work on machines and drones in general.

As Moxie keep's Eselar's spirits up while the soldier's in the thick of it, she also tries to focus the others' attention on the damaged pod. Brock prepares to slash away himself, while Eselar swings twice but isn't able to get through the vines to slice into the submerged moonflower.

Initiative

Moxie 2/40 SP
Bugface, need Reflex
Lucky Sevens (free shot from NW sphere), need Reflex & Sparky, 10 damage, need Reflex
Data 4/40 SP, need Reflex

Eselar 32/33 SP
Brock 17/59 SP

Spheres
Mutated Moonflower 74 damage
Weird orange pod 20 damage, Get 'Em'd!
Weird blue pod

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 5: Speed:25, Init:2, SP:20/40, HP:29/29, RP:6/6, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:4, Perc:5

reflex: 3 + 1d20 ⇒ 3 + (1) = 4
Data will take total defense action.

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

@Z Data Z why don't you try to take command of the sphere or use overheat against the plant?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 5: Speed:25, Init:2, SP:20/40, HP:29/29, RP:6/6, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:4, Perc:5

mainly cause I don't know how the spheres work yet, so fighting defensively this round given my situation and because of the cover and everything else, I suspect the plant to have a high reflex save with conditional bonuses and it may or may not be weak against fire. I have to get close to the plant to use overheat.

Exo-Guardians

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

We know exactly how the sphere works, It's an Engineering check to try to take control of it.
We know that the plant is vulnerable to fire as the incendiary grenades has proven.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 8 | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 29| F +8 R +12 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 30 feet | Ammo: fork 20/20, Cannon: 100/100 | Preferred pronouns: Bugface or if you must, they

Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Bugbrain keeps working on using one of the spheres.Wireless Hacking. Southwest sphere.

Computers: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

Meanwhile, Bugface moves into view of the pod. Bugface shouts, {If the big plant is going to hide, Bugface thinks we should attack these little things!} while pulling out their arc rifle.

Rifle Attack vs EAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Shock Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

I assume that computers check will work so I'll go ahead and roll the attack.

Sphere Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Lucky Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Sparky Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Lucky and Sparky take cover, getting spattered with the splashback of the acid sprays. Sparky's unable to draw a good bead on the lesser pods, but "I think I might have finally cracked this thing!"

Orb: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 Going for Big Bertha
Dissolution: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Engineering: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 If that doesn't help things more permanently, then I'll probably shift to start shooting things instead.

Disintegrator: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Acid Damage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Miss chance from the orb, high good: 1d100 ⇒ 78

Lucky's directed blast manages to hit the concelaed moonflower, at least based on the noise it makes. She and her drone manages to avoid most of the acid too, though Data is less lucky. The bloodied android shifts into a defense posture while Bugface fires off a shot that finally takes out one of the pods.

Meanwhile Bugface and Lucky continue to hack away at the spheres. The pair is finding that practice makes perfect. Each manage to channel the last of their sphere's energy into one final shot before shutting down the orbs. Lucky, you can also take one final shot with the 1d3 ⇒ 3 southeast sphere before that too shuts down.

Unfortunately, one of the uncontrolled spheres's outburst catches Brock at its edge. 1d12 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + (5) = 16 DC 15 Fort for half

The blue pod, seeing Data and Bugface still arrayed in front of it, fires one more stream of acidic bile at the pair.

Acid: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 3, 3) = 20 DC 13 for half

While all of this is happening, the main moonflower is raging as its still being hurt despite its thorough hiding. It lashes out once more at Eselar, while another vine slams at Brock.

Attack v KAC v Eselar: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 for bludgeoning damage: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Attack v KAC v Brock: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 for bludgeoning damage: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Initiative

Moxie 2/40 SP
Bugface 50/56 SP, need REFLEX
Lucky Sevens (free shot from SE sphere) 39/48 SP & Sparky, 19 damage
Data 0/40 SP, 21/29 HP, need REFLEX
Eselar 17/33 SP
Brock 0/59 SP, 43/47 HP, need FORT

Spheres
Mutated Moonflower 81 damage
Weird blue pod

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

So that is a total of 37 damage, right? That's 5 to temporary HP, 17 to SP, and 15 to HP ... so I'm at 0/59 SP, 32/47 HP and with fast healing on the force field I'll have 2 temp HP at the end of the turn. Some inspiration would be appreciated, Moxie. ;)

"Someone take out that blasted pod!" I am going to wait a bit to see if someone else can get this thing to come out of hiding ... plus I'm tired of triggering the attacks of opportunity. ;)

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

Again Eselar is unable to connect with the plant.

1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 4 = 14
Concealment High is Good: 1d100 ⇒ 9
1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 4 = 17
Concealment High is Good: 1d100 ⇒ 84

He makes a prayer to her goddess after this new failure.

Please Iomedae, guide my weapon, give me strength to destroy Evil.

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

Moxie shouts herself hoarse attempting to rally her troops.

"The pods are it's weak spot! We need take it out! Keep fighting everybody! We can win this but we need to give our all!"

I'm spending a resolve to give everyone a +2 bonus to damage and attack rolls against all enemies within 120 ft of me. That just lasts one round, so please take advantage of it.

"Brock, keep fighting! Make your ancestors proud!"

Heal 17 Stamina Brock.

"Data, get out from under the table and fight! We need all hands on deck right now!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 5: Speed:25, Init:2, SP:20/40, HP:29/29, RP:6/6, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:4, Perc:5

Data will move to the right and now he can get the blue pod with overheat dmg: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 fire reflex 15 for half. Really

OH, forgot to roll my reflex save save: 3 + 1d20 ⇒ 3 + (12) = 15


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Data dodges the worst of the Acid as she unleashes a torrent of fire at the pod! In theory: magic is more an art than science, and while the pod seems particularly affected by the flames, it remains upright.

Moxie yells encouragement to everyone, and Eselar continues to hack away. But between the vines and his flurrying speed he fails to get a solid connection.

Initiative

Moxie 2/40 SP
Bugface 50/56 SP, need REFLEX
Lucky Sevens (free shot from SE sphere) 39/48 SP & Sparky, 19 damage

Data 0/40 SP, 11/29 HP
Eselar 17/33 SP

Brock 0/59 SP, 32/47 HP, forcefield currently 0/5
Spheres - 2/4 deactivated
Mutated Moonflower 81 damage
Weird blue pod 3 damage

All have +2 on attacks and damage this round

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

I got 17 SP from Moxie and my force field regenerated 2 at the end of my turn.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

I typed but didn’t save the 17 SP - that’ll be reflected on the next post of mine. As for the forcefield, it will regenerate at the end of your turn, but you seem to be delaying for the moment to see what the others do, right?

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Free Shot @ Blue: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Disintegration: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Computers: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Since I've got good reason to suspect that will succeed

Lucky directs Sparky towards the newly disabled node to get a clear shot at the remaining pod.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Acid Damage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

301 to 350 of 635 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zoomba's Stumbling Society [SFS 2-06 & 2-08] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.