Zoomba's Stumbling Society [SFS 2-06 & 2-08] (Inactive)

Game Master Zoomba

Map/Slides


1 to 50 of 635 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

IC!


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

As each of you has been enjoying proverbial 'shore leave' between assignments, a message blinks on your Comm units. Zigvigix, head of the Exo-Guardian faction and a prominent Starfinder, is requested your presence the next morning at the Nest - a warehouse on Absalom Station that the Exo-Guardians have retro-fitted into their current headquarters.

Feel free to dot in.

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

Eselar is a male kasatha with a shining armor, painted in gold and red. The holy symbol of Iomedae clearly visible on the plastron of his armor. On his back an old reaction canon light and at his side a Longsword with a hilt decorated to look like Iomedae representation.

With a baryton voice, the Kasatha presents himself to his comrades Greetings, I’m Eselar, actually on my second year of the Tempering. I’m a Knight Errant for the Knights of Golarion and I hope to that my presence will uphold the tenants of the Society, Explore Report and Cooperate.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 8 | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 29| F +8 R +12 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 30 feet | Ammo:

Bugface is an average looking shirren with a couple of exceptions. Bugface's left arm is a mechanical replacement and Bugface also has a pair of wings sprouting from their back. Bugface is wearing a lushunta tempweave and has several weapons strapped on.

Bugface broadcasts to Eselar telepathically, {Oooh, Bugface has never met a knight before! What's that like? Have you slayed any dragons lately? Bugface made friends with a dragon once so maybe knights don't fight dragons anymore. Bugface did fight a dragonkin once. He was not very nice. This shirren is called Bugface by the way.}

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

A solidly-built dwarf nods in response. He wears commander ceremonial armor that is a dark red with highlights of gray. On his back is a [i]starfinder backpack[/b] emblazoned with the embroidered words Pact World Warriors. With a wave of his hand, he sends a digital business card to Eselar's comm unit. "Pleasure to meet you. Brock Laserforge, Chief of Aggressive Negotations, Tactical Operations Division, Laserforge Clan Holdings."

He motions over his shoulder toward a younger lean dwarf wearing a tweed suit and a pair of eyeglasses. "This is my nephew, Information Logistics Intern Myron." Myron waves nervously.

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

Eselar eyes smiles at Bugface question and says I’ve never encountered a dragon, but I’ve killed many demons on my way back to the Scoured Stars.
As to be a knight, it’s in a way difficult. You need to uphold to the tenets of Iomedae faith. Sometimes the choices you have to make as a Starfinder contradict it. You need to find the right balance between your duties as a Starfinder and your duties as a Knight of Golarion. I try to do both, that’s why my main weapon give me the opportunity to let my enemy live and have a chance of redemption.
If you are interested Bugface, I could talk to you about our Savior Iomedae?

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Lucky wanders in like she's late and doesn't care, despite being a few minutes early, and quickly sets up in the corner, her eyes focused on her gear as she meticulously disassembles and reassembles it. She's dressed drably in a nondescript jumpsuit, her fire-engine red hair the only splash of color she's bothered with.

It's natural however for your eyes to be more drawn to her drone, basically an artillery emplacement with legs, which stands guard while she's busy. It spits out a series of clicks and whirs, prompting her to grunt. "Ugh. Fine Sparky. Yes, hi. I'm Lucky.
Anyone know what Ziggy's up to? I swear, if they're just trying to get me to go to another concert..."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 5: Speed:25, Init:2, SP:20/40, HP:29/29, RP:6/6, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:4, Perc:5

Data stops in. Suddenly the interest in Dragons. Yes they can fly away and dodge almost anything, except magic missile.

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

A human female with pale skin, crew cut black hair and wearing fashionable looking athletic wear jogs into the room. She looks around the room, then blinking her eyes, her skin changes to a caramel color as her hair lengths to her shoulders. She is still wearing her high end running suit and is carrying a gym bag as if she just came from the gym.

"Ever since the Scoured Stars, I've been getting recognized in the station. It's just easier to be someone else sometimes. Moxie Moon, ready for the briefing!"

Culture DC 10:
Moxie Moon is the child star of Too Much, Moxie! and several movies. She acquired a notorious and embarrassing chem addiction as an adult, before finding the Church of Abadar™, then more recently becoming a spokesperson/celebrity adventurer for the Starfinder Society.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

As the six of you talk amongst yourselves you can see several work crews putting the finishing touches on the now fully-restored warehouse that holds 'The Nest.' Starfinders of all walks of life and species move about as well: typing away at datapshere consoles, training in a section cordoned off for an hi-tech gym, crafting gadgets in a series of smaller workshops, and a few even relaxing on a massive couch playing the game 'Bi-Monthly' on a large holoscreen.

A heavily augmented host shirren gazes out at the acivites around them, antennae quivering with pride. The shirren, Zigvigix, then turns and notices you. A telepathic greeting echoes in your heads.
Welcome! Sorry, I was distracted. These renovations were worth the effort! But we just need some space for now. Please, follow me!

The shirren leads the way to a conference room and brings up a holographic star chart. Check this out! This shows the location of — you guessed it — Sangoro’s Bulwark! Zigvigix looks eagerly at you, as though he was certain each of you had indeed guessed what the seemingly random section of the galaxy being projected held. The Bulwark was our headquarters until we lost contact with it shortly after the Scoured Stars incident. First Seeker Luwazi restricted us from investigating, since we had suffered extensive losses. But now we know the Bulwark’s location. Some Starfinder agents recovered data from a ship, the Struggle’s Scholar, that fled the fortress. Ziggy points at Moxie and Brock. You know: you were two of the agents!

It’s taken a long time, and extensive help from the Dataphiles, but we’ve finally unscrambled the data! And with it we can go back to the Bulwark! Well, not exactly. Sort of.
The shirren's head shifts slightly downward. The main fortress is shrouded in darkness by some unknown force. It sounds neat, but right now it’s annoying! However, the Dataphiles found something fun. Before we lost contact, the Exo-Guardians at the Bulwark moved their most sensitive equipment to the vaults of a nearby satellite facility called the Arsenal. It’s outside the shroud of darkness, so it’s open for business! We can’t mount a massive assault on the Bulwark — the Society can’t afford the negative press, what with the smear campaign going on — but a small mission to take back the Arsenal’s weapons seems wise. We wouldn’t want them falling into the wrong hands.

Zigvigix points to a dim red star on the chart. There’s a planet, Mazdrun, orbiting this star. That’s our destination. I’ll accompany you to Mazdrun. You’ll explore the Arsenal, learn what information you can, and recover the caches from the lower levels. Got it?

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

I'm worried about this bad press. Are you sure we will not get thing worse with what we can find in this Arsenal? And do we know what type of weapons it contains?

Asks a worried Eselar.

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

"Trust me Eselar; I know all about bad press and the best way to deal with it is take control of the narrative. We need to drown out the bad with good."

Turning to Zigvigix Moxie asks, "I wasn't a Starfinder at the time so I really don't know much about Sanguro's Bulwark. How big is this ship, exactly? Considering that we're just going there to explore a small portion of it, I'm assuming its got to be huge."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 5: Speed:25, Init:2, SP:20/40, HP:29/29, RP:6/6, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:4, Perc:5

What do you know about Mazdrun?

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Brock chuckles at Zigvigix and glances around as they are led to the conference room. "Yep, this place is looking a lot better than the first time I saw it, that's for sure."

Brock listens to the briefing and nods to Z Data Z. "Yeah, and is the Arsenal the name of the facility on Mazdrun, or is the Arsenal someplace near Mazdrun? Also, do we have any information about the facility ... access codes or the like?"


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Excellent questions! the shirren’s attenae shake with excitement as Zigivix responds.

Sangoro’s Bulwark isn’t actually a ship. It’s a fortress – a really big one that used to be one of the Exo-Guardians’ most secure structures. And now that we know it’s on Mazdrun I can see how it was kept secret. That planet is nasty! Bad storms, toxic air, freezing temperatures. But the crater containing the Bulwark is somehow protected from all that nastiness. Such a relief!

And we don’t know just what’s in the Arsenal. We know the facilitiy was used for research as well as storage, but all of it was classified. Whatever is in there, it will be interesting though! the shirren says as they try to reassure Eselar. And that bad press is exactly why we need to go there instead of charging the Bulwark proper. People are starting to think our Society may be dangerous and reckless: news that we lost track of and then can’t get back into a massive military installation wouldn’t help that story. But reclaiming the Arsenal could secure many weapons and maybe tell us how to get into the main fortress!

You Starfinders may have also heard about Sangoro’s Bulwark during you adventuring careers with a Culture or Diplomacy (Gather Info) check:

Get a DC 5 or higher:
Sangoro was a vesk Starfinder who discovered the Bulwark and gave it to the Society. Many Starfinders distrusted him, as the Pact Worlds were still in conflict with the Veskarium, but he wound up founding the Exo-Guardians faction and became a distinguished Starfinder

DC 10 or higher:
Sangoro’s Bulwark is a massive fortress left behind by a forgotten alien race and the only structure on Mazdrun. The Exo-Guardians kept the planet’s location secret due to the weapon stockpiles in the extensive passages and vaults beneath the fortress.

DC 15:
After Sangoro’s Bulwark fell, no one knew its location— except possibly Guidance, the Society’s amalgam digital consciousness. Guidance ignored all requests to provide the fortress’s location. It has taken the Exo-Guardians and Dataphiles working together for several months to unscramble the data from Struggle’s Scholar and locate the base.

DC 20:
Rumors tell of interplanar anomalies surrounding Mazdrun, and the planet itself is inhospitable. The crater containing Sangoro’s Bulwark somehow maintains a normal atmosphere and is miraculously protected from the planet’s frozen dust storms and radioactive volcanic fallout

DC 25:
Rumors tell of a battalion of angels stationed at the facility to protect it—or possibly to keep it in check.

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Brock nods. "Okay, so there's nothing else on Mazdrun except for the Bulwark and this Arsenal facility? Well, that should help us keep things contained."

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

Is that a recall knowledge?

If yes:
I will take 20 for 31 in Culture with my Library Chip

If not:
Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Eselar have hear of numerous rumors about the place.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

I'm going to say no here: the details about the Bulwark have always been heavily secretive and classified, so it's more rumors and stories than clear facts.

Yes Brock, exactly! Zigivix pauses for a moment before adding Oh, and underground giant reptiles that eat radioactive ice and also each other. But just don't go digging!

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

Eselar shares his knowledge of the place with his comrades.
Feel free to read the spoilers up to DC20 included

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Brock nods. "Sounds great. Real vacation spot. Guess there's no chance any of those folks we rescued from the Scoured Stars happen to know anything about it, then? Figures." He snorts. "Radioactive ice?"

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

Culture to Know: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Diplomacy to Ask: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 + (3) + 1 = 23
Slick Customer Diplomacy Reroll: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Wow, that is some fine dice rolling there.

Moxie shrugs. "I've seen worse then radioactive ice. I do have to say, I've been asking around about Sanguro's Bulwark since I heard we might be going there and the whole thing is shrouded in mystery. It seems like people either don't know anything about it or don't want to talk about it. I guess that's why we need to go there and get our eyes on it."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 8 | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 29| F +8 R +12 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 30 feet | Ammo:

{Iomedae is Bugface's savior?} But then the briefing begins and ends that line of thought.

Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

{Bugface has heard of this place. Some people say there is a battalion of angels stationed there.}


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society
Moxie Moon wrote:
I guess that's why we need to go there and get our eyes on it."

Exactly!

Zigvigix brings up an image of a starship to project before you. The Thunderous Transgressor is being prepped to take us to Mazdrun. It may seem a bit rusty, but don’t be fooled. There is plenty of weaponry and scanners in case the area has hidden defenses!

If you need some time to get prepared or set affairs in order, please do so quickly. The Transgressor will be field shortly!

Any more questions, bows the time to ask. Also time to finalize your boon slots. (No Starship ones needed here)

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

Turning to Bugface Elesar says If there is angels, may be my affiliation to the Knight of Golarion will help to negotiate with them if we meet.

Boons:
(Social) Knight of Golarion affiliation
(Ally) Dream Whispers
(Personal) Nanite corruption
(Promotional) Coin award
(Slotless) Starfinder Insignia, Marked field agent, Counter innovation

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

I'm assuming there's no specific boons we should slot for this scenario?

"I'm going to get my gear and call my publicist. Morty will make sure that whatever happens we'll be able to spin it to our advantage."

Boons:
(Social) Know Quality
(Ally)Publicist +1 Diplomacy
(Slotless)Marked Field Agent, Explorer's Perserverence

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

Sorry, for whatever reason wasn't getting updates for this thread :-/

Lucky winces. "If there's any angels I'll just stand discretely in the back."


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

5d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 5, 5) = 19

With your gear prepped and your PR teams notified, the six of you find yourselves boarding the Thundrous Transgressor a few hours later. True to Zigvigix's warning, the ship's exterior doesn't look like much - a heavily modified Gorgon-class cruiser that prominently bears a large number of battle-scars. But the inside of the ship is unexpectedly well retro-fitted, and Ziggy greets you warmly and brings each of you to your own well-appointed cabins. After a crew of Starfinder pilots and engineers join you onboard the Trangressor takes off, moving away from Absalom Station before shifting into the Drift.

The journey through that strange plane is set to take several weeks, and apart from the crew busy at their work and Zigvigix your team is alone on the vessel. The shirren is readily around for the first few days of the trip, but quickly becomes a rarer site around the halls. They are most often found in their quearters or on one of the recreation decks playing the vidgame Congruenz while obsessively checking the ship's scanners between every level.

DC Sense Motive 20:
Zigivigix's demeanor seems unusually withdrawn for the typically outgoing shireen. They seem to be avoiding conversations with you six.

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + (1) + 1 = 13

Despite having worked with Zigvigix multiple times and usually being an intuitive person, Moxie is engrossed in learning the script for a new movie she is slated to have a part in and spends most of her time alone in her cabin, rehearsing the script and working out in the small gym on board the ship.

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Despite his regular prayers Eselar remark that zig’’ behavior are not they usual self.
Have you remarked how Zigvigix try to avoid any conversation with us specifically?


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

As the trip enters its third week, Zigvigix does take time out of their gaming and inspections to ask for your opinion on a matter.

Starfinders, you've travelled far. Have any of you been to Aballon? Or heard anything of the Ice Wells there? The shirren's antennae twitch as they point to a ship console with a message pulled up on the screen. VC Naiaj reached out to me. She's looking for agents to send there. Assignment's a bit beneath your time of course! But the Xenowardens are letting us in there, so trying to come up with some other Starfinders to recommend.

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

When Eselar speaks up, Moxie looks up from her comm unit and comments, "You really think so? They've always seemed kind of introverted to me. I figured it was just Ziggy being Ziggy."

Moxie makes a note to talk to the venture captain, but never gets around to it.

"I've been to Aballon once. That's the machine planet, right? I went there on my Intergalactic Tour. It was terrible, but pretty much everything in my so-called pop music career was a disaster so it didn't really stick out much. Anyways, I might know a few newer Starfinders who'd be interested in a job like that. I'll send a few names over to Naiaj later on."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 8 | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 29| F +8 R +12 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 30 feet | Ammo:

{Bugface went to Aballon one time. Bugface and friends got into a fight. That seems to happen a lot.}

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Before leaving the station, Brock turns to his nephew. "Myron, don't think we will need you on this one." The younger dwarf looks relieved.

As you arrive at the ship, an android in anStewsrd's uniform is waiting. She passes a bundle to Brock. "Your supplies. . "

Brock nods in response. "Toxic air and radioactive ice ..."


Purchases:
2 Tier 1 antidotes (at 10% discount from Nakondis boon)
Radiation Badge
Reconfiguring clothing (professional, cold climate, heat climate, radiation, travel)

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

I went once. We help an android escape a machination and liberate several other. A good day for a bad planet. says Eselar

I know some agent that could help. Is it a dangerous mission?

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Brock nods in response to Zig's question. "Yeah, I've been there. Fought some lizard guy. Not a vesk. More like an overgrown kobold. I would go again, if needed. Always happy to help out Naiaj."


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

That is good to hear. I’m sure she’ll be happy to take reports from fellow field agents into account. It should not be expected to be especially deadly, un-

The shirren’s thoughts are cut short as the Transgressor abruptly shifts out of the drift and back into Material space. Hurrying to one of the ship’s viewport, Zigivigix looks out into a dark patch of space. A distant red star glows dimly far away, but its light does little to illuminate the almost-perfectly dark expanse around you.

Hmm, now where is it…ah, there ! Pilot, please slow down so we can get a better look!

Following their extended limb, the six of you can just make out a world in the distance. While the star’s light is too weak to illuminate it, glowing clouds concentrated at the planet’s poles faintly outline the sphere.

That should be Mazdrun. Just as hard to find as I thought: if it weren’t for the glowing ash clouds we might have missed it! Hmmm, let’s see. Scans showing low gravity, slow rotation. The Bulwark and Arsenal should be in a crater around the 47th parallel… As they scan and describe the planet you’re slowly approaching, the shirren seems to be snapping out of their funk.

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

So, what next Zigivigix? Are you dropping us on site?

Asks Eselar who looks through the ship's viewport to distinguish the planet where is supposed to be the Arsenal.

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

"I've dealt with low gravity planets before, but is the slow rotation significant? I'm not exactly a scientist."

Acquisitives

Female? I guess? Android Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48, HP 40/40 | EAC 22, KAC 25 | Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +5* | Init +6 | Perc +9 | Sense Motive -1 | RP 7/7

"Slow rotation usually means long days and long nights. Matters a lot more the more we'll be hoofing it on foot out there."

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Brock grumbles, "We never get dropped onsite."

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

"I'm sure there will be a nice Rocky outcropping 4-5 miles from the destination that we'll be able to park at."


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Well not right at the site, Zigvigix admits sheepishly. There isn't a clear landing site right next to the structures. But we should be able to get you… they check the ship’s scanners as a display of the landing crater enlarges on the screen. Ah, just a mile out! And you can use “Bumpy” – it’s a bit beat up, but the AT transport is sturdy as they come!

Tinkering further with the displays, the shirren cocks his head as the holographic imagery frequently crackles with static and glitches. The Bulwark is somewhere in there - they point to an obscured area of darkness further down the crater but the Arsenal was buried underground. There should be…ah! An entrance tunnel! A small hole in the crater’s ground is highlighted with a few clicks of Zigivix’s hands.

They turn to you. So. Load up, head out. Get in and recover what gear is inside. And see if you can tell what happened! But don’t linger! Who or what overtook Sangoro’s Bulwark back then could still be out there.

Zigivigix looks at each of you carefully for several seconds. Then speaks out loud in accented Common. Good luck. Stay safe.

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

Thank you Zig! We will not disappoint you.

Says Eselar who activates his armor’s environmental protections.

Acquisitives

|SP 49/49 HP 46/46|RP 7/8 |EAC 22 KAC 23|Fort +4, Reflex +9, Will +6| Init +8 |Per+11 Speed 50 Underwater Thunderstrike Sonic Pistol +10 (1d8+3 So, Deafen) | Static Arc Pistol +10 (1d6+3 E, Arc 2) | Tactical Baton +9 (1d4+3)

"Thank you, Ziggy. I promise we will take every caution," Moxie replies back in stilted Shirren.

Moxie has a voice modulator, allowing her to actually replicate Shirren words.

Moxie checks her gold plated thunderstriker pistol to make sure that the battery is fully charged and activates her D-suits environmental suits before stepping out of the airlock.

"Let's be careful out here. Everyone comes back home."

Exo-Guardians

Kasatha Paladin of Iomedae 6 EAC20 - KAC22 | SP39/39 HP43/43 RP8/11 | Init +4 | Perc +14 SM +14| F +4, R +2, W +11 | Fortification (20%)

I will do my best to be sure of that! says Eselar in the coms

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Host Shirren Scholar Exocortex Mechanic 8 | SP 64/64 HP 54/54 RP 8/8 | EAC 25 KAC 29| F +8 R +12 W +3 | Init +6 | Speed 30 feet | Ammo:

{Eh, taking every precaution isn't very fun. Bugface will take enough caution though!}

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Incidentally, if anyone has an open armor slot, I have an extra quick-release sheath armor upgrade that I'm not using. I could equip it in your armor prior to the adventure if anyone could use it.

Brock activates his armor's environmental protections, also making sure his radiation buffer and other armor upgrades are secured. He checks the straps on his starfinder backpack and makes sure his radiation badge is clipped to the front of his armor. He climbs onto the AT transport, "Naming it 'Bumpy' doesn't inspire much confidence..." he mumbles.

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 20/59 HP 47/47| RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections

Brock mans one of the guns on the ship, with the Steward casually sitting somewhere nearby, being at the ready but generally useless.

I don't think this adventure has the Vehicle tag, so I assume this ride won't itself matter much ... but I've seen some where the drive is important even without the tag. I have a +7 piloting, but assume someone else will be better.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 5: Speed:25, Init:2, SP:20/40, HP:29/29, RP:6/6, EAC:17, KAC:19, Fort:3, Ref:3, Will:4, Perc:5

A superior machine don't need luck, just skill.


Ashen Asteroid Stumbling Society

Loading into the transport, the six of you start up its engines and head out from the Transgressor as soon as the ship touches down. True to Zigvigix’s warning the transmission could handle a tune up, but the controls are quite responsive as you maneuver through the crater. Good caution, but no rolls needed to handle the transport vehicle here.

The occasional flash of distant lightning throws the shadowy aura surrounding Sangoro’s Bulwark into stark contrast against the planet’s pale surface. Looming towers of stone and metal are barely visible behind the shroud covering the main structure. As you drive, you pass several other smaller and temporary outbuildings that were likely once barracks or garages. Many have collapsed from disuse, and scanning around you can’t detect any scraps of equipment or vehicles remain amidst the rubble. Everything is just, gone.

Following Ziggy’s markings, you are able to guide the transport to a 10-foot wide ramped tunnel leading down below the crater’s surface. It seems to level out about a hundred yards down, before continuing a ways to terminate at a sealed airlock door. Unfortunately ‘Bumpy’ is too big to fit; from here it’s all on foot.

1 to 50 of 635 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zoomba's Stumbling Society [SFS 2-06 & 2-08] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.