GMEuan's War for the Crown

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet
Taldor Map - Oppara Map - Meratt County


7,301 to 7,350 of 7,482 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

The hyakume and the human petitioner, were rather well equipped. Between them, and the two deathknights, they had:

Mantle of Immortality
Periapt of proof against poison
Staff of Stealth (5 charges)
Chain shirt, +3 warding
Harpoon, +3 returning
Lesser belt of mighty hurling
Cloak of resistance +4
Ring of protection +3
Adamantine Short Sword +1


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

"Pvarish-19?" Elen approaches the Inevitable. "Well done! Do you need any healing?" she asks, offering her wand before she moves on with the others.


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

Kort is thankful that Elen is tending to Pvarish-19, giving him time to sort and inspect the magics. He will happily pass them out to others, and will hold the staff of stealth in his haversack

When others are ready, he is ready to move forward. He again tries to orient himself around the idea of why they are in this demiplane of misery and hopes the efforts will be supportive of the princess when the time comes, but he feels so far off base that it’s difficult to remember sometimes.


Female Half-Elf aka Katherine Weaver

Kamari eyes the periapt of proof against poison as she shudders with the memories of her body shaking from various poisons. Ultimately though, she sees it more as situation specific and keeps her amulet of natural armor around her neck.

She's impressed that the elder adventurer resists immediately donning the mantle of immortality and regaining his youth.

Rapier Koriana:

"Shield, woman!

Prior to continuing their exploration, Kamari nonchalantly pulls out her wand and shields herself.


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

Pvarish-19 is a little weaker, but not by a lot all things considered, "Thank you once again my friends for your aid. No, I do not need anything. My time here is short, and I shall be gone before that damnable shadow can do any more to me."

He spits at the floor where the shade descended. Before long, while you are sorting through the magics, he himself begins to fade - and he quickly winks out of existence here. He's gone back home.

There were barred walls, like a prison, in the chamber you found the harpoon wielding petitioner where Major Kort is looting. Or you can open the door Kamari is near - an as yet unexplored area.

What is your move?


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

Kort waits for the goons to goon their way over to goon the next sets of doors open.

'Goonie googoo, Gus'. I bet that's the command word to avoid the next trap.


Male Halfling Herder/16

Muri watches the shadow slip away again, nodding to himself as the challenging aggression fades away, like the shadow. The Lost Silhouette is this thing's home. Best find Taldaris, and depart. The halfling can still feel Chaldira's gaze filtered through his own eyes, watching the walls again.

Muri produces his Martyr's Tear, and heals somewhat, before asking for assistance from the others. Hoping to mooch 16 or 17 charges of a CLW wand or two

Healing the Halfling:

CLW Charge: 17d8 + 17 ⇒ (3, 7, 3, 2, 2, 3, 1, 6, 8, 1, 1, 7, 4, 3, 2, 3, 7) + 17 = 80

He remains at the ready, catching up to watch the elder man wait at the next door. "Did you check for traps? Is it locked?"


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

Elen offers her wand and another to Kort for Munrichkin healing.
Charges subtracted from Elen's wand(s).

"Sounds like we need to stock up on these things."

She joins the others whenever the next door is ready to be opened.


CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

I seem to remember us having a lesser restoration wand?
Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 3

The Night Swan heals up and heads towards the doors by the Major. Moved on the map


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

The door is open to the cells…

The Norgorberites frequently capture prisoners for interrogation or detainment, each of which they store in these cells. Each cell maintains a muffling effect that reduces most sensory input from outside the cell to a muted whisper or a vague visual outline. The walls here also bear thousands of dissonant mathematical inequalities that suppress spellcasting as well as axiomites’ ability to assume an incorporeal form.

There are three captives here, their forms blurry and muted. However, the one to the south is clear enough - for it can be none other than Taldaris! The cell doors are locked, but you found a ring of keys on the harpoon wielding petitioner which fit the locks well enough.

The prisoners look up when the outer doors are opened, but cannot perceive who it is from that distance, so they remain silent.


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

Kort moves into the room, looking around for dangers.

1d20 + 23 + 2 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 23 + 2 + (4) + 3 = 38 Perception

If it looks clear, he will cast Detect Magic and concentrate carefully in the prison area. He does not trust the area, and considers casting more spells….and then does cast True Seeing and uses that to ensure everything is as it seems. He definitely examines each prisoner in turn.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

Major Kort the untrusting, does a sweep of the chamber. His spells fail at the entry so he cannot see truly or magically. It's like an anti-magic shell, so his spells will function again when he departs the room.

His perception however works, more or less, in the dim chamber. He discerns nothing amiss.


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

Well, will save the True Seeing casting then, as he wouldn’t have cast it if Detect Magic didn’t work. Wow. I guess it makes sense tho.

Kort grunts and tries to determine if there is a focus for the anti magic effect. Is there an item in the room causing the effect or does it seem to be permanently ensorcelled into the area?


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

No item in the room. It's the ensorcelled bits on the walls themselves. You'd have to take the chamber apart brick-by-brick to remove the suppression. They take their prison very seriously.


Male Halfling Herder/16

Muri thanks Elen for the healing, making a mental note to return the favor, once they return to Taldor. "I'll keep guard. We got slammed from two different directions just now. Let's hope this is it! Get Taldaris out, and let's get going!"


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

"Shouldn't we free them all?" Elen asks.

She approaches Taldaris' cell with the key and opens the lock carefully.


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

The door swings open easily with the key and the founder of Taldor stands before you in chains (image).

Taldaris looks up at the Jininese Elf and is, for a moment, a little confused. "Another agent of the Shade perhaps?" He glances at her again, "But worshippers of Shelyn don't generally work for Norgorber."

He waits for you to properly introduce yourself. Something seems to tug at him, and he's thinking hard.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

"No, that's true. I am Mallë-o i Otos Elen, Path of the Seventh Star of Jinin. There are others with me. We have been searching for you. We performed a ritual in your tomb in Breezy Creek to ask your permission to take the Mantle of Kings, and consult with you about the rightful heir to the Taldor throne. On completion of the ritual however, we were somehow pulled to Axis. We continued to look for you as we suspected you might be imprisoned. And, so -- well... here we are."

She introduces everyone.


Female Half-Elf aka Katherine Weaver

Hoping to learn something, Kamari pays close attention to Kort's attempts to discern the magics in the room.

Seeing Taldaris seems unreal. A mixture of relief, hope, and bit of disappointment fill her. She tries to keep her focus on their grander purpose of supporting the princess.

"I'm not sure about freeing them all," Kamari responds to Elen's question. "Who knows what clowns these might be."

She nods at Elen's succinct summation of their purpose and waits patiently for the formal introductions before asking the question.

"What is with the chains? Can we assist you out of them?"


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

"You've been here with these others? Do they deserve to stay? Or shall we free them as well?" The Socratic Major Kort asks the non-shade of Taldaris.


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

"Ahh, yes. From my vision. I have seen you. I protected you when they came for you. Ahh, yes."

”These chains are just a humiliation. Like an elephant. You know elephants? When they are young, they are chained until they realize their binding is too strong. Then, when they are older, they can be bound by a rope. They could break it, but they do not, for they have been trained into submission.” He stands, and bursts his remaining chains.

He steps out of his cage and looks at the other two prisoners, ”No one deserves to be locked up here. Free them.”

”Now. Who have you destroyed? Thousand Names, the Petitioner? Good. Good. Hamal Kai, the Hyakume? Good. Her eyes." he almost shudders at the thought of those flying gristly orbs. Quickly recovering he continues, "The Stabbing Beast? Oh, no, no, no. That will not do. Give me my halberd and we shall finish what you started."

"The Stabbing Beast must be destroyed. I can understand it if the Secret Shade escapes, for after all it is a shadow and difficult to pin down. But the Stabbing Beast cannot walk through walls."

He reaches out to the party for his halberd. "Let us go. I was taken to him when I arrived. If he has not moved, and I doubt he has, he will be downstairs."


The Night Swan is already working on freeing the other prisoners even before Taldaris speaks, using her adamantine wire saw if needed to cut through the shackles.

The idea of fighting with Taldaris is not exactly something she relishes, but she is also practical enough to recognize it is probably the best idea. She muses quietly on the irony that he should use the same weapon as her. ”I do not believe we have your halberd as of yet. Where was it last, that you know of? And what can you tell us of this beast?”


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

When the prisoners are freed, Kort will make sure they have an avenue of escape or offer instructions on where to hide until the party is ready to return.

Then he will be ready to follow Taldaris, and prepare as needed.


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

"There's got to be an armory stash around here somewhere. Maybe back where that Devil was making deals?"


Male Halfling Herder/16

"Do we really want to set the others free? We don't know them, don't know how they found their way to prison. Like the halfling clown." Muri remains wary, even of Taldaris. It is the Lost Silhouette, after all.


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

”You do not have my weapon. He will have it then, for the Shade cannot carry it readily and it will not be merely propped up in a weapon rack.”

He sighs and waits for some weapon to be offered and eyes Edelmira's halberd. He continues, ”The Beast will be invisible to start. His poison causes blindness and strength damage and he can spit it as well as spike you. He works well with the Shade in that regard. We might face them together, which would be lucky. He can take the form of a normal human, but in his natural form he has a scorpions tail with poison as well obviously.”

”He works well with a team, and might have a pair of kolyaruts with him. Do not be surprised if he turns on them if hard pressed. He is fed by death and suffering - he takes power from it.”

He explains the stabbing beast is a herald of Norgorber. NE Medium outsider (evil, extraplanar, herald, shapechanger)

Knowledge Planes DC 23:
These Kolyaruts are corrupted: LE Medium fiendish outsiders (extraplanar, inevitable, lawful).

Least conspicuous of the inevitables, even in their natural form, kolyaruts are the size of tall humans, though they weigh far more because of their composition. Capable of using both invisibility and disguise self to pass completely unnoticed through humanoid lands, kolyaruts most frequently appear as cloaked warriors bearing finely crafted bastard swords, allowing others to chalk up any metallic noises to the clanking of hidden armor until the moment when they pull back their hoods and let their quarries look upon their mechanical faces, understanding only too late the nature of the mysterious strangers.
- - -

”Still, we should do well. If you’ve made it this far, you are not weak.” He awaits a weapon before beginning to stride toward the stairs. Unless there are other questions of course. He is, after all, polite.

Muri Daybreaker wrote:
"Do we really want to set the others free? We don't know them, don't know how they found their way to prison. Like the halfling clown." Muri remains wary, even of Taldaris. It is the Lost Silhouette, after all.

"It is true, they are not pure. But you would leave them here for the Shade to slowly destroy - or corrupt further?" He looks inquiringly at the party. There is no judgement in his voice, only curiosity.


The Night Swan shrugs at Muri’s commentary. ”Ah, but Muri, the Emperor commands it.”

After freeing the prisoners, she sees Taldaris eyeing her halberd and almost laughs. She offers her masterwork cold iron battleaxe instead. ”Apologies, Emperor, but Aymr would be best remaining in my hand.”

Sense Motive DC 40:

Bluff (heroism): 1d20 + 26 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 26 + 2 = 40

She is, in fact, not sorry at all. She has little-to-no respect for the Emperor’s position as the founder of the empire, does not trust him, and is trying to hide it


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

"Well, uh," Elen stammers a little, wondering what just happened. "It's a little smaller, but will likely find better use in your hands," Elen says, offering her naginata.

"It's not too dissimilar."


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

1d20 + 25 + 2 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 25 + 2 + (3) + 3 = 39 Know (Planes) - The Stabbing Beast? DRs?
1d20 + 25 + 2 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 25 + 2 + (2) + 3 = 36 Know (Planes) - the corrupted Kolyaruts

Kort ponders what he might be able to add to Taldaris' explanations and preparations.


Female Half-Elf aka Katherine Weaver

Kamari is a bit more impressed as Taldaris bursts from his chains.

"I don't recall seeing any halberds." Kamari realizes she has no weapons other than a dagger to offer. "I'm sure we'll come across it."

Kamari isn't sure about letting the others out of their prisons, but can understand that they might be less trouble--or cause more trouble for their enemies--if let out.

"Shall we?" Kamari gestures to the next door.


Male Halfling Herder/16
Edelmira wrote:
"Ah, but Muri, the Emperor commands it.”

Muri finds himself mirroring the Night Swan's shoulder shrug subconsciously, a mixture of uncertainty and discomfort. He knows he'll take a place at the rear, which means he can watch the inevitable-who-is-likely-Taldaris take the lead in hunting the Stabbing Beast. He only hopes Elen, Kamari and Edelmira give him plenty of space, in case Taldaris has other plans for where he's leading them.


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (2) + 27 = 29

The former emperor of Taldor takes the battle axe, swings it around a bit, and is pleased by the balance. Then he’s offered Elen’s naginata. He swings it about too - ”A fine weapon indeed.” He commends her, ”But only until mine is recovered.” He offers Elen Edelmira’s axe if she wants it, to be polite. As I expect Elen refuses it in favor of her own backups, he returns the axe to Edelmira with his thanks.

He pauses, ”I don’t suppose you have a few bless weapons around do you? Our opponent has some resistances I believe.” (DR 10 good & magic, also SR, and he likes acid all of which Major Kort confirms)

When people are ready, he leads you down the spiral stairs. He rubs his eyes, and they begin to glow - hard and piercing. Satisfied with his preparation, he descends.


The Night Swan takes back her axe. She holds up an oil of bless weapon. ”I always carry oils of it. I used one and have one left.”


2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28
Taldaris wrote:
"Give me my halberd and we shall finish what you started."

Kort’s mind finally catches up to the information that has been pouring out with the freeing of the prisoner.

”Halberd? You wield a halberd?” Kort asks with incredulity. ”Are you sure about that? Are you certain it’s not a falcata?” Kort asks, trying to keep his mind from racing. But, he was in the military for years. He knows things. He knows.

Combat:The falcata is the traditional weapon of Taldor, and Taldan duelists train in a form of falcata and buckler combat known as rondelero.

”Are you saying that thousands of years of military training in the falcata is…wrong?” he asks, trying to confirm. ”You’re the father of our country and we haven’t even been honoring your weapon? How is that possible? Where did we go wrong? Why didn’t someone say something!?”

Kort sinks to a knee.

”This is going to change everything. Everything we know about the Taldan legions. Everything.”

Kort slowly sinks to his other knee, too much weight up on him. He looks over at Taldaris.

”You slew the grogrisant…with a *halberd*?” he starts.

”Then led the army to Cassomir and then took the city with a *halberd*?”

”And beat back the Iphrian assassins with a *halberd*?” he continues. ”Thus were born the Lion Blades who do not use halberds.”

”This is going to change everything. Everything. History is a lie.”


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

Taldaris laughs, a great big belly laugh. It sounds slightly metallic but he’s clearly enjoying himself. ”I have not been that man for many centuries. It is true, I wielded a falcata once. It has been a long time since I wielded such a brutal weapon though. I find the halberd more versatile. Don’t you agree?” he asks Edelmira warmly as they share a weapon choice.

He gestures, casually, for the good Major to stand. "Do the legions still train with the falcata? Interesting. It has been an age since I looked in."


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15
Taldaris wrote:
"I don’t suppose you have a few bless weapons around do you? Our opponent has some resistances I believe.”

"I have two spare if anyone needs it," Elen says drawing her katana.

She alights for the time being and gets in line with the others.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf aka Katherine Weaver
GMEuan wrote:
"Do the legions still train with the falcata? Interesting. It has been an age since I looked in."

And Kamari's disappointment sets in again.

Rapier Koriana:
"He's a tool. Always has been. Right now he's the tool that will put the princess upon the throne. Use him as you must."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
GMEuan wrote:

Taldaris laughs, a great big belly laugh. It sounds slightly metallic but he’s clearly enjoying himself. ”I have not been that man for many centuries. It is true, I wielded a falcata once. It has been a long time since I wielded such a brutal weapon though. I find the halberd more versatile. Don’t you agree?” he asks Edelmira warmly as they share a weapon choice.

He gestures, casually, for the good Major to stand. "Do the legions still train with the falcata? Interesting. It has been an age since I looked in."

”I agree it is more versatile. But also, the halberd is an infantry weapon, the weapon of guards and nameless soldiers first in-line to face down charging nobles on their horses. Chopping weapons such as the falcata are for said nobles on their horses, or to flaunt their skills in duels of pride on the streets of Oppara. I know my preference.” She leans her head against Aymr affectionately.


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

Kort slowly regains his head, getting back up and trying to get into the game. He suspects that we will have to pen some corrective texts for the military and the Taldan university system after this and he's not looking forward to it.

This is a disaster.

He follows the party towards the last and greatest foe.


Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

You descend the spiral stairs, with Taldaris in the lead. I forgot to mention, the other two prisoners, swiftly rush through the northern tunnel into the Duskfathom. Fleeing for their lives, and bowing before you in their scrape to escape.

The basement then. Rounded alcoves line this large room, each niche marked by an ornate archway. A raised oval platform faces an inscribed circle at the center of the room. These are portals to different portions of Duskfathom, as well as to Abandon, the Abyss, and even Hell. From here, the Secret Shade must meet with agents and operatives from all over.

Likely, here is where Taldaris was abducted as well. You also hear faint whispers, as messages from the astral pass through this chamber to be eavesdropped by the Secret Shade.

Several desks, shelves, and clothing racks filled with dark covering garments line the area. There is no one here, though Taldaris bellows a war cry and rushes into the room! (Major Kort is too far back on the staircase to see anything at this time and Elen too far away from the nearest target.)

You also see a truly impressive looking adamantine halberd, in Taldaris’ colors, resting on a simple weapons rack among some other far more mundane items. Unfortunately it’s on the far side of the chamber so Taldaris doesn’t even consider it for the time being.

- Round 1 -
Good Folks - 19+
Edelmira - 19-
Major Kort - 13
Muri - 11
Kamari - 10
Elen - 8
Taldaris - 7 (-29hp)

Initiative Rolls:
Edelmira: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Elen: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Kamari: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Major Kort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Muri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Good Folk: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

The opposition is, as usual down here, prepped for your arrival.

The stabbing beast leaps forward (invisibly at first) and spring attacks poor Taldaris in the lead before leaping back.
Stinger on Taldaris: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (1) + 24 = 25 damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 plus bleed (2d6) at the top of your round and Fort DC 25 or Str dam: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The beast is a powerful looking foe (image) now that he's visible.

His sidekicks take advantage of the early initiative to try and cut Taldaris down to size a bit, and choking the opening a bit.
Bastard Sword on Taldaris: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28 damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Bastard Sword on Taldaris: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32 damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

They too become visible as they hit the unbuffed Taldaris, and are as expected. Beneath its cloak, this man-shaped creature appears to be part statue and part metallic machine.

• Next up everyone!

For those of you flying, you can fly over the heads of the mooks in front, but they'll get swings on you (10' arch over the entry to the chamber). The room itself is 20' high.


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

Elen applies the oil of bless weapon to her Katana before heading down the stairs.

The Stairs
~~~~
Elen flies five feet up over everyone in front of her including Taldaris while to spring attack the Goons up front.

GreaterFeint Pink: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (13) + 30 = 43
SpringAttack, Pink: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27 Masterwork
for Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 6 = 22 Diva

Katana, Purple: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 Masterwork
for Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12

She continues to fly another 10 feet up and further into the room.

On a successful feint, flatfooted until the beginning of Elen’s next turn. +6 Diva

Status:

Hits: 84/84
Current AC: 31 +3 Ring,+2 Amulet, +4 Mage Armor
Current Saves: Fort: +11; Ref +10; Will: +7, +9 if Enchant (Elf) (+2 cloak), Con Loss
(Normal) AC: 22 (Bare naked save for Mask and Dodge)
flat: 18 (ring +2, nat armor +2, mage armor +4)
touch: 24 (ring +2, Dex +5, Cha +6, Dodge +1)
Crits on 19-20
CMD = 30
WandofMageArmorCharges = 10/50
Wand of CLW: 47/50
Resolve = 6/8
Challenge = 4/5
Hero Pts: 3/3


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

The Socratic Major Kort delays his turn until after Elen...and to see if her feint was successful and flat footedness was achieved.

Kort lets others go first, being a gentleman.


Female Half-Elf aka Katherine Weaver

Round 1, AC 32

Kamari bobs and weaves past Taldaris while avoiding any attacks by the metallic creatures, and possibly that long scorpion tail that might have reach.

Acrobatics + Panache: 1d20 + 26 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 26 + (2) = 44

With her back safely to the wall, she will take one careful and defensive strike at purple.

Rapier Koriana: 1d20 + 26 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 26 - 4 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 13 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 11 = 25
Well, at least Kamari gains the benefit of fighting defensively.


Male Halfling Herder/16

Underfoot unravels her wings, in preparation for a speedy entrance to the basement below. Unsure about altitude, the two wait to see how they can best enter the fray, without incurring nasty opportunistic attacks. Unfortunately, it suggests that the rest of Betony move forward first, which nags at the halfling. He fidgets his ring face to the setting of the Eye.

Round 1, Delay Init to 1

Status:

Muri
AC = 25
HP = 104/104
Weapon Equipped = Chaldira's Hand
Condition(s) = +2 to Saves v Evil Enchantment/Spell-Like

Underfoot
AC = 32
HP = 118/118
Weapon Equipped = Teef
Condition(s) = Flying

The halfling and hound use most of their travel to take up position in the room from the opposite side, 15' high.


As much as she yearns to engage the mighty beast, The Night Swan recognizes she must stand with Taldaris to keep him from being overwhelmed. She steps forward to hold the frontline with and wheels Aymr around into a powerful cleave.

Vs pink
Attack with Aymr (heroism, power attack): 1d20 + 23 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 23 + 2 - 4 = 39
Damage (power attack): 1d10 + 10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 8 = 20

Vs purple
Cleave Attack with Aymr (heroism, power attack): 1d20 + 23 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 23 + 2 - 4 = 32
Cleave Damage (power attack): 1d10 + 10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 8 = 28

Reminder that her Sweeping Strikes ability means the cleave continues even if she misses

Edeltorials:

HP: 151/151
AC: 34/13/33
Saves: F17/R17/W18 (+2 vs ingested/inhaled diseases) +5 vs poison
Hero Points: 2
Spells/Conditions Active: Fastidiousness, heroism, bless weapon, cleave

0: (Grasp, Light, Oath of Anonymity, Spark)
1: 1/3 used (Fastidiousnessx1, Serren’s Swift Girdingx0)

Aymr:
[ dice]1d20+23[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+10[/dice] damage.


M Half Elf
Stats:
Arc25,Dun25,Eng14,Geog12,Hist23,Loc/Nat/Pla/Rel25,Nob18, Perc 23, Sense 29, Spell25,Stlh22,DisDev27,UMD28

Round 1

After delaying (probably from still being shook up after the halberd revelation), Kort casts Communal Stoneskin and moves down to touch Taldaris and the Night Swan.

30 minutes to Kort, 60 minutes to Taldaris, & TNS, 15 10hp increments of DR.

K'alibrations:

hp: 139/139 - alot
AC: 28/17t/23ff +3 NA more with barkskin
Saves: F11/R16/W14 +4 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. illusions +6 vs. poison
Lowlight. PBS.

Aroden's Verve: 0/10 used
Adhere to the Law: 0/4 used
Extend Rods: 3/6 used

Quantum Leaps used:
Pathfinder Carry: 0/0
Staff of Courage: 0/0
Boots of Speed: 4/10

0: (create water, detect magic/poison, light, stabilize,read magic)
1: 0/11 used (CLW*0,Shield*0,PfE*0,DF*0)
2: 4/11 used (Inv*1,RE*1,*CE*0,SInv*2,LesRest*0)
3: 5/9 used (H*2,DM*1,DayBreakArrow*1, MCaE10'*1)
4: 0/8 used (GrInv*0,CCW*0,FoM*0)
5: 2/4 used (CLWM*0,FlStr*2,TruSee*0,MassStoneskin*0)

Kort's usual protections: See Invisibility (150 min), extended Heroism on himself and Kamari (300 min), Magic Circle Against Evil 10' (300 min). Daybreak Arrows (150 min), Resist Fire 30.

Cane:
[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d6-1[/dice] damage.

Dignity's Barb (crit on 16+):
[ dice]1d20+19+2+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS,+heroism)
1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13 magic cold iron damage; (clustered)

[ dice]1d20+19+2+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS,+heroism)
1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 magic cold iron damage; (clustered)

[ dice]1d20+14+2+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS,+heroism)
1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 magic cold iron damage; (clustered)

[ dice]1d20+7+2+1[/dice] to hit; (+PBS,+heroism)
1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 magic cold iron damage; (clustered)
Bolts: 33/50 cold iron

1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 2 + 1 = 32 touch to hit; (heroism,PBP)
4d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 4) + 1 = 15 fire damage
24/50 left.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Tracking Sheet

Edelmira moves in and cleaves, hitting both targets. She learns they have their own DR (chaotic) which is hard to pass - but they are easier to hit… Kamari tumbles past the opposition, but is unable to stick one of them. Elen flies over their heads, stabbing pink (DR) and making it flat footed! Major Kort slides up behind the front line and provides protection. Muri delays until after Elen (NPCs always go last) and flies into the room drawing only a single AoO (the stabbing beast suffers from cover, then altitude - no reach). Taldaris moves to battle the stabbing beast thanking Muri for drawing the AoO. He tries to flip one of the shortswords out of the beasts hands. He also begins regenerating his injuries.

AoO Bastard Sword on Muri: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29 damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Muri gets nicked as he goes by I think.

Taldaris Naginata Disarm on SB: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (18) + 29 = 47 He takes away his off-hand weapon! 1d8 ⇒ 4

Taldaris laughs, and shouts, "My halberd will carve up these twisted Kolyarut like butter!"

The mooks shift. Purple presses Taldaris.
Bastard Sword on Taldaris: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32 damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Bastard Sword on Taldaris: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Bastard Sword on Taldaris: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Slam on Taldaris: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 4) + 3 = 12

Two hits, and the stoneskin already starts to work!

Pink steps up and works on Edelmira, though he does punch Major Kort at the end just for form’s sake.
Bastard Sword on Edelmira: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27 damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Bastard Sword on Edelmira: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Bastard Sword on Edelmira: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Slam on Major Kort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7

Frustratingly pink does poorly, and glances in fear at the beast...

The stabbing beast steps up on Taldaris, and attacks with what he’s got left!
Shortsword on Taldaris: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (3) + 28 = 31 damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 plus bleed (2d6) at the top of your round
Shortsword on Taldaris: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 37 damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 plus bleed (2d6) at the top of your round
Shortsword on Taldaris: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23 damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 plus bleed (2d6) at the top of your round
Shortsword on Taldaris: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 plus bleed (2d6) at the top of your round
Stinger on Taldaris: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (13) + 24 = 37 damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 plus bleed (2d6) at the top of your round and Fort DC 25 or Str dam: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The stinger fails to get through the stoneskin, so no save necessary!

- Round 2 -
Edelmira - 19-
Kamari - 10
Elen - 8
Major Kort - 7
Muri - 6 (-10hp)
Taldaris - 5 (-34hp, stoneskin (47), bleed)
- Round 3 -
Good Folks - 19+
Pink - 19+ (-22hp)
Purple - 19+ (-18hp)

• Next up everyone!


Male Halfling Herder/16

Round 2, Init 6

Status:

Muri
AC = 25 (30 v Purple and Shadow)
HP = 94/104
Weapon Equipped = Chaldira's Hand
Condition(s) = +2 to Saves v Evil Enchantment/Spell-Like

Underfoot
AC = 32
HP = 118/118
Weapon Equipped = Teef
Condition(s) = Flying

The winged hound looks quite at ease hovering in place, while the halfling wriggles in the saddle to keep an eye on the proceedings.

Muri looks the Stabbing Beast over, then Purple, debating what his role in this battle should look like. He likes Taldaris's odds against the scorpion man, so elects Purple to suffer from Chaldira's wrath. Swift to Smite Purple

Chaldira's Hand...: 1d20 + 26 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 26 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 5 = 47 for 1d6 + 6 + 1 + 2d6 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 + (6, 4) + 8 + 5 = 35 piercing, magical, holy damage, including Smite

Chaldira's Hand...: 1d20 + 21 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 21 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 5 = 25 for 1d6 + 6 + 1 + 2d6 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 + (1, 5) + 8 + 5 = 31 piercing, magical, holy damage, including Smite

Chaldira's Hand...: 1d20 + 16 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 16 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 5 = 36 for 1d6 + 6 + 1 + 2d6 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 + (2, 2) + 8 + 5 = 28 piercing, magical, holy damage, including Smite

Chaldira's Hand...: 1d20 + 26 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 26 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 + 5 = 36 for 1d6 + 6 + 1 + 2d6 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 + (3, 6) + 8 + 5 = 31 piercing, magical, holy damage, including Smite


Female Jininese Elf Lvl 15

Elen moves and picks up Taldaris’ Halberd.


The Night Swan sees an opportunity and makes an adjustment to her fighting style to capitalize on it. Move action to use Martial Flexibility to pick up Surprise Follow-Through

She steps forward and swings in another wide arc, but in such an angle that it does not look like she would continue on to strike the Stabbing Beast until the last moment.
Reminder that her first attack doesn’t have to hit for her to continue the cleave b/c of sweeping strike

Attack on Purple with Aymr (heroism, flank, power attack): 1d20 + 23 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 23 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 28
Damage (power attack): 1d10 + 10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 8 = 20
Cornugon Smash Free Demoralize (heroism): 1d20 + 26 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 26 + 2 = 32

Because of surprise follow-through, the Stabbing Beast is automatically flatfooted versus this
Cleave Attack on Stabbing Beast with Aymr (heroism, flank, power attack): 1d20 + 23 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 23 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 28
Cleave Damage (power attack): 1d10 + 10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 8 = 20 Damage is good-aligned
Cornugon Smash Free Demoralize (heroism): 1d20 + 26 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 26 + 2 = 39

Periodic reminder that her successful demoralize effects last 1.5 times as long

Edeltorials:

HP: 151/151
AC: 34/13/33
Saves: F17/R17/W18 (+2 vs ingested/inhaled diseases) +5 vs poison
Hero Points: 2
Spells/Conditions Active: Fastidiousness, heroism, bless weapon, cleave, stoneskin

0: (Grasp, Light, Oath of Anonymity, Spark)
1: 1/3 used (Fastidiousnessx1, Serren’s Swift Girdingx0)

Aymr:
[ dice]1d20+23[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+10[/dice] damage.

1 to 50 of 7,482 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMEuan's War for the Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.