[PFS1] 10-01 Oathbreakers Die (GM Watery Soup) (Inactive)

Game Master Watery Soup

Maps


1 to 50 of 269 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

You have been summoned to the Dryblade House, Daggermark’s Pathfinder Lodge. Daggermark, the City of Assassins, is located near the heart of the River Kingdoms. Though lawless and chaotic, Daggermark society remains relatively stable because the city’s omnipresent Assassin’s and Poisoner’s Guilds make causing trouble a dangerous proposition.

On the wall outside Venture-Captain Istivil Bosk's office is a framed parchment.

Quote:

The Six River Freedoms:

Say What You Will, I Live Free

This is the freedom of speech (and not to be confused with freedom from the consequences of your words). Criticism of government is common in the kingdoms, and lords of the kingdoms who are lenient with loose tongues are likely to live longer.

Oathbreakers Die

Making an oath is a huge deal for the people of the River Kingdom (where trust is hard to come by and earned in blood), and this freedom grants the people of the kingdoms leave to persecute anyone person that breaks an oath. Riverfolk who take on oaths usually keep them, or die trying.

Walk Any Road, Float Any River

This freedom prevents lords of the river kingdoms from blocking travel over land and water, including charging tolls for passage. In particular, this means that no lord may own the mighty Sellen River, although it also means that every river barge is its own kingdom with its captain being the king.

Courts Are For Kings

One of the most basic freedoms of the River Kingdoms, this one holds that all laws within a river kingdom are flexible, and that rulers of a kingdom may do as they wish. Visitors to a river kingdom — be they king or commoner — are bound by the (often arbitrary) laws of that kingdom. Consequently, rulers of the different kingdoms infrequently visit each other, and instead rely on liaisons and intermediaries. The exception to this is the annual Outlaw Council, which is considered neutral ground for everyone.

Slavery is an Abomination

Escaped slaves are an important fact of life in the River Kingdom. A slave that escapes to the River Kingdoms is considered truly free. By some estimates, more than a third of all people living in the River Kingdoms are either escaped slaves or children of escaped slaves. Thousands of slaves make their way to the River Kingdoms annually and fiercely defend their newfound freedoms.

You Have What You Hold

This freedom draws the moral distinction between burglary and robbery. Burglary, or the taking of another's property without their knowledge, is considered offensive and is punishable under common law, as it robs the victim of the ability to defend him or herself. In the River Kingdoms, it is more preferable to face your robber, to be allowed the opportunity to resist (and perhaps to repossess!). It is acceptable (and perhaps worthy of praise) to take what you want by force.

Bosk is meeting with someone inside his office, so you politely wait outside. This does, however, allow a few minutes for each of you to introduce yourselves to each other.

The Concordance

Aphorite Occultist ~6 | HP: 57/57 | AC:17 (f:17, t: 11) | F:+10|R:+4|W:+7 |Perception: +15 | Initiative: +2
Spell Tracking:
1st: 6/6 | 2nd: 4/4
Mental Focus:
Transmutation 6/13 {+4 STR} | Divination 2/13 {+1 Perception}| Abjuration 4/13 {+2 resistances}

The golden skinned aphorite looks about. Setting his oversized axe down, he walks to the buffet. His large frame is almost comical as he bends down to take a closer look at the meager offerings. Well, this is disappointing fare to say the least. He scoops up a handful of the almond, then proceeds to occasionally thumb one into his mouth. Malaz pours wine into a small crystal goblet. Light bounces off the surface as the wine is swirled about. He brings it up to his nose, sniffing the bouquet. After taking a sip, he chuckles to himself. "Urgathoa knows I've had worse."

With no free hands, he bites the lip of the goblet so he can grab the latest Pathfinder Chronicle. Sitting down in a chair next to his axe, he sets the drink on the end table next to him and begins reading to pass the time.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

A sound comes from outside of the room, like a flurry of wings beating, and a man's voice calls out, "Woah, woah, woah! Cool down, Beaky!"

After a moment of silence, the man speaks again, his voice quieter but full of steel, "You or any of your friends try dipping your fingers in that pack again, he'll bite them off. Now scram."

A tall, well-muscled man enters the room, takes a look at Malaz and nods his head, when he speaks it is clearly the voice from outside, "Daggermark, eh? Interesting system, I'll give them that." Then he offers a hand to Malaz, "Seldiir Elberion, of the Sable Company and, I guess, Pathfinder."

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 4 / Rake URogue 1 (HP: 47/47 | AC: 15/11/14 | F+7 R+8 W+5 | Init +1 | Percep +8 SM +7)

A tall Chelaxian follows Seldiir into the corridor. He wears a rich blue cloak, giving him the look of one with noble bearing. That is, until you see the implements of butchery he bears: wicked curved knives, a pair of nets (one with nasty barbs), and a set of manacles hanging from his belt.

"I'm not sure if I prefer this to the devils of Cheliax or not. At least here, I know everyone's out to kill me, and no one's after my soul if I cut a man's hand off." He nods to Seldiir and Malaz. "I'm Aiden Richter."

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Barb 1/Sum 3, HP:38 of 38, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17 F:+5, R:+3, W:+4 (+2 vs mind affecting & poison), Init:+2, Perc:+4,

A large (hulking) Nagaji enters the room. He has a squirrel and a cat on his shoulders. Though his equipment is clean, his minimal and mismatched clothing indicates appearance is not a concern.

The cat and sssquirrel sssaid Ssself sssupposssed to go here. ... Ssso what ssself do now?

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

By Shelyn's sheets! These are some big guys... Seldiir is often the biggest person in the room. Not today.

He nods acknowledgement to Aiden and then his eyes flick between the cat, the squirrel and the nagaji, "Good to meet you... all."

The Concordance

Aphorite Occultist ~6 | HP: 57/57 | AC:17 (f:17, t: 11) | F:+10|R:+4|W:+7 |Perception: +15 | Initiative: +2
Spell Tracking:
1st: 6/6 | 2nd: 4/4
Mental Focus:
Transmutation 6/13 {+4 STR} | Divination 2/13 {+1 Perception}| Abjuration 4/13 {+2 resistances}

Malaz downs the rest of the wine before rising. "Well met. I am Malaz Bourreau, though I should think Malaz will be sufficient for our dealings about town. Feel free to help yourself to the refreshments. It is a mere pittance when compared to some of the offerings from other lodges. I have yet to figure out if its a problem with resources or the taste of a given venture-captain. In either case, the almonds have just enough salt to bring out the flavor." He shakes hands with anyone on the way to refill his glass.

On the way back to his seat, he stops at the nagaji. "Do I understand correctly that your name is...Self? And that you are advised by the rodent and feline set upon your shoulders?" He pauses as he considers this, then asks, "What if they fight, or attack each other? Do they talk to anyone else? Please, forgive my questions. It is just that most arcanists I have encountered have cultivated a single familiar bond. They also tend to dress more...conservatively." Must be a cultural difference.

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Barb 1/Sum 3, HP:38 of 38, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17 F:+5, R:+3, W:+4 (+2 vs mind affecting & poison), Init:+2, Perc:+4,

No. Uhm... What?

The large-ish, cute, and cuddly squirrel turns toward Malaz, To answer your items in order.
His actual given name is Threesh. It means something along the lines of "might be food that hasn't yet been prepared for consumption." ... I think... Probably close to that anyway. It doesn't really translate well. He doesn't really understand the pronoun "I" yet, though I keep working with him on it. So he tends to use Self to refer to himself. I'm not sure why he can understand "Self" but not "I" but there it is. Most people just call him Voices. It is probably intended as a pejorative referring to the voices he hears, but that doesn't bother him.
Not actually a rodent, I am an Azata who has chosen to work with Threesh, I have chosen this form to, hopefully, seem less threatening to those with whom I interact.
I believe Cat is a manifestation of the darker aspects of Threesh's underlying personality. He has been slowly becoming more real. Until a few years ago, Threesh was the only one who could see her.
Oh we never actually fight. Although I must admit we don't always get along, we are both working to help and protect Threesh.
The cat turns around points his butt in the air, in Squirrel's general direction.
I speak with others quite well. In fact that is one of my primary tasks, to do the speaking so ... Threesh can ... concentrate on other important things.
{sigh} I have been trying to get Threesh to dress better. So far I have only managed to get him to keep himself clean. The carrion smell used to be just awful. Ooops. Was that rude? Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

Seldiir watches the conversation Well, I've met regular nagaji before, even got drunk with that guy Fentar down by the docks, but this is the craziest nagaji I have ever seen. But then again, this other guy is made of gold and huge, so, probably just a Pathfinder thing.

Seldiir nods at Threesh, "What's an azata?"

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Barb 1/Sum 3, HP:38 of 38, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17 F:+5, R:+3, W:+4 (+2 vs mind affecting & poison), Init:+2, Perc:+4,

Oops sorry, mixed up on which character I was talking about. Should be Agathion not Azata.

Voices points a thumb at Squirrel, Him Agathaneoneon.

Squirrel addresses Seldir, We Agathion are creatures of good with little regard for the cosmic struggles of law against chaos, many of us take on animal aspects that reflect both ourr nature and goals as negotiators and mediators for the cause of good.

Scarab Sages

F Sandkin Half-Orc | HP: 27/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Free Spirit Surge (0/3) Used | Influence: 1 | Active conditions: None

Narla can't help but chuckle at the...eccentric...group of people meeting outside of the VC's door. Pot, kettle, black, etc., she chides herself.

"Narla Thickskull," she announces proudly, offering handshakes. "To my friends, just Narla."

Narla flashes a smile revealing a pair of polished tusks.

"Any word on business? Are we pressed for time? If'ya want another voice in your head, I'm sure Old Gojan would share some wisdom." Narla offers with a laugh. "I get the sense he'd like it here," she tacks on, thumbing towards the parchment.

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 4 / Rake URogue 1 (HP: 47/47 | AC: 15/11/14 | F+7 R+8 W+5 | Init +1 | Percep +8 SM +7)

Aiden watches the Squirrel for a long minute. "And your nature told you to be a cutesy, harmless squirrel?"

He glances at the Nagaji. "And you listen to him? Follow him around? What if he says you can fly?"

The Concordance

Aphorite Occultist ~6 | HP: 57/57 | AC:17 (f:17, t: 11) | F:+10|R:+4|W:+7 |Perception: +15 | Initiative: +2
Spell Tracking:
1st: 6/6 | 2nd: 4/4
Mental Focus:
Transmutation 6/13 {+4 STR} | Divination 2/13 {+1 Perception}| Abjuration 4/13 {+2 resistances}

Malaz offers the agathion an almond. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I find this relationship most fascinating. Perhaps when this is all over we can partake in a more appropriate discourse regarding its very nature."

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Barb 1/Sum 3, HP:38 of 38, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17 F:+5, R:+3, W:+4 (+2 vs mind affecting & poison), Init:+2, Perc:+4,
Aiden Richter wrote:
Aiden watches the Squirrel for a long minute. "And your nature told you to be a cutesy, harmless squirrel?" ...

Of course! I'm cute, cuddly, and completely harmless. Since I don't threaten anyone, we can have civilized discussions and find peaceful resolutions for all.

Aiden Richter wrote:

...

He glances at the Nagaji. "And you listen to him? Follow him around? What if he says you can fly?"

Yesss, he tellsss Ssself good thingsss. No Ssself carriesss him mossst timesss. Why would he sssay that?!?


Steady sleet patters against the window of Dryblade House, breaking up the Lodge’s eerie silence. Venture-Captain Istivil Bosk emerges from his office accompanied by dwarf in a military uniform, who pulls a flask from his coat pocket and fills two small glasses with vodka.

I’ve already made excuses to my superiors, and I’ll check in myself every few hours to make sure the safe house is still secure,” the dwarf rumbles, handing one glass to the venture captain.

You focus on hammering out your agent’s escape route.

Already working on it,” Bosk replies. The two raise their glasses in a toast.

Then may we take this story to our graves, and drag our heels the whole way there,” the dwarf proclaims as they each down their vodka. The dwarf sets his glass on the table, dons a thick wool cloak, and trudges out into the sleet.

That was Brandur Clovesh, a sergeant in Daggermark’s infantry,” Bosk explains, closing the door after his departed guest. “Please excuse his brevity. He’s taking a big risk to help me out of a dire situation, the same situation that led me to request your aid. One of our local agents, a gnome named Timinic, has been exploring and surveying the sewer complexes beneath Daggermark. I made sure to clear his activities with every official possible so we wouldn’t draw unwanted attention from the Assassin’s Guild or the Poisoner’s Guild, which run the city behind the scenes. To my knowledge we’ve stayed in the Guilds’ good graces, but somehow Timinic’s mission ran afoul of...

A fit of coughing interrupts Bosk mid-sentence, and he begins gasping and clutching his chest. His vodka glass shatters as it tumbles from his hand. Moments later, the venture-captain collapses.

And we're off to the races! This is a timed adventure, so I'll be keeping a close record of the time. For starters, we're in initiative rounds, much like combat, but the time frame is a little looser than combat, so say what you want to do and if it won't fit in the "round," I'll let you know.

Round 1. I'm listing people alphabetically.

Aiden
Catushlara
Malaz
Narla
Seldiir
Voices

Scarab Sages

F Sandkin Half-Orc | HP: 27/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Free Spirit Surge (0/3) Used | Influence: 1 | Active conditions: None

Narla utters a few choice Orcish profanities in the direction the dwarf left from, and darts to Bosk's side, hoping to identify what he just drank...and how she can treat it. If I can treat it, she thinks to herself.

Heal Check, if applicable:

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"Get help," she tacks on, to anyone within earshot.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

Seldiir darts to the door, pulls it open and goes after the dwarf, calling out to Beaky as he goes, ”Up, Beaky, Up!”

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 4 / Rake URogue 1 (HP: 47/47 | AC: 15/11/14 | F+7 R+8 W+5 | Init +1 | Percep +8 SM +7)

Aiden rushes out after Seldiir to find the dwarf. He shouts to any guards he sees. "Lock down the Lodge, now! No one leaves!"

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Barb 1/Sum 3, HP:38 of 38, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17 F:+5, R:+3, W:+4 (+2 vs mind affecting & poison), Init:+2, Perc:+4,

Squirrel says, This is Daggermark. Surely he would have protections against poisons. Wouldn't he? Detection spells and antidotes and stuff? Threesh, try to force the poison out of him

Voices pushes on his stomach to try and induce him to vomit up the poison.

Squirrel heal: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Voices heal: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 oh crap! I probably cracked a rib

The Concordance

Aphorite Occultist ~6 | HP: 57/57 | AC:17 (f:17, t: 11) | F:+10|R:+4|W:+7 |Perception: +15 | Initiative: +2
Spell Tracking:
1st: 6/6 | 2nd: 4/4
Mental Focus:
Transmutation 6/13 {+4 STR} | Divination 2/13 {+1 Perception}| Abjuration 4/13 {+2 resistances}

Heal (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 13

Malaz, remembering the questionnaire he filled out before this mission, pulls a flask from his pace as he races to the prone venture-captain's side.

Flask of anti-toxin. (+5 alchemical bonus to save vs poison). Can't get it into him until next round.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric(Cardinal) 5 | HP 45 | AC 16(T 12 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Fire Bolt 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

A half-elf dressed in Sarenrite fashion hurriedly enters as she looks through her pack. Please pardon my lateness, Catushlara Richielieu reporti... Catushlara drops off as she notices the ventire captain speak.

As Bosk collapses she looks at towards the door.Quickly! Someone go after the dwarf! she shouts as she attempts to Stabilize the venture captain.


Seldiir and Aiden are now physically separated, so each of the teams (Team SA and Team NVMC) should post in spoilers.

GM Screen:

Aiden: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Catashlara: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Team SA:
Knowledge(local): Aiden remembers that any Daggermark citizen can hire an Assassin’s Guild apprentice once per year for a nominal fee, but members of the city’s military cannot be targeted by these trainee contracts. This rule has led to a high rate of military enlistment. The Poisoner’s Guild is closely allied with the Assassin’s Guild, though the poisoners’ interests are more academic in nature. Poisoner’s Guild members often serve as contractors, brokering assassinations as a means of testing their newest concoctions. Openly discussing assassinations makes locals jumpy, so Guild contractors use coded language to discuss targets. Guild contacts typically refer to assassins as “specialists” related to whatever job they use as a public front.

Seldiir Track: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23
Aiden Track: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22

Seldiir and Aiden rush outside the lodge, but it opens up to a relatively busy street. Although it's only been a few minutes since Brandur left, there are a multitude of tracks, all with the same footprints as Brandur, and you're unable to find any tracks of interest.

Remember to use a spoiler with Team SA, unless you're heading back to Bosk's office.

Team NVMC:
Knowledge(local): Catashlara remembers that any Daggermark citizen can hire an Assassin’s Guild apprentice once per year for a nominal fee, but members of the city’s military cannot be targeted by these trainee contracts.

Narla and Voices rush to Bosk's side, but they don't do anything besides make Bosk a little more comfortable.

Malaz triumphantly pulls out a bottle of anti-toxin, and administers it. It seems to help, but only in delaying the poison.

Catashlara Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Catashlara rushes in a little late, but the healer's skills are most welcome. This is a much more complex poison than she's ever seen before. She manages to delay the poison even more, but she's not able to cure it.

Bosk lifts a hand and points vaguely at his desk in the corner. The first person over discovers a safe in the kneespace.

To help keep things organized, I'll list the skills needed to check each of the searchable areas.

1. You may try to identify the poison in Bosk's body using Craft(alchemy) or Heal.
2. You may try to identify the poison in the vodka glass using Craft(alchemy) or Perception.
3. You may look at the papers on Bosk's desk using Perception.
4. You may try to open the safe under Bosk's desk using Disable Device or force (roll CMB with a bludgeoning or slashing weapon).

Remember to spoiler your actions with Team NVMC.

Round 1 ends, Round 2 begins!

Scarab Sages

F Sandkin Half-Orc | HP: 27/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Free Spirit Surge (0/3) Used | Influence: 1 | Active conditions: None

Team NVMC:

"Keep him alive," Narla half-instructs/half-pleads as she hurries off in the direction Bosk points.

"A safe here. I can bust it open," he states, more an invitation of other options than a definite plan.

"Gojan, help me out...," she whispers to no one, casting true strike and readying her flail.

Unless someone has a better plan, Narla will force the safe open next round.


Team NVMC:
Narla, please go ahead and make your roll (spoilered).

As a general announcement, I'm being intentionally nebulous about how long the rounds are - the scenario says 10 minutes but that creates timeline problems because some tasks that need to be done are clearly less than 10 minutes, but clearly more than 6 seconds. I'm trying to be vague enough so that I have slack to pull everything together but specific enough so that I can stick to the storyline according to the timetable given. There will be a few of these nebulous rounds, and then I'll declare the total to be a certain sum, and put us on the formal timetable (and stick to the time increments).

Scarab Sages

F Sandkin Half-Orc | HP: 27/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Free Spirit Surge (0/3) Used | Influence: 1 | Active conditions: None

Team NVMC:
Narla gives the safe the best whack she can muster.

CMB + True Strike: 1d20 + 7 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 20 = 46

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

Team SA:
Seldiir looks for people who might have been hanging around (traders and the like) and asks them where the dwarf went.
diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Team NVMC:
Narla, please roll damage too and specify what type of damage you're doing

The Concordance

Aphorite Occultist ~6 | HP: 57/57 | AC:17 (f:17, t: 11) | F:+10|R:+4|W:+7 |Perception: +15 | Initiative: +2
Spell Tracking:
1st: 6/6 | 2nd: 4/4
Mental Focus:
Transmutation 6/13 {+4 STR} | Divination 2/13 {+1 Perception}| Abjuration 4/13 {+2 resistances}

NVMC:
As Catushlara takes charge, Malaz lets out a small sigh of relief. Great! An actual healer. She's got this covered. Now then, what was Bosk pointing at? He rushes over to the desk to look about.

Perception {desk}: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

<<CLANK!!>>

Malaz's axe whips around ready to engage in some new arrival. "Are you attacking...the safe? The aphorite looks around for a moment. "They didn't dispatch an expert in subterfuge to this team?"

Scarab Sages

F Sandkin Half-Orc | HP: 27/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Free Spirit Surge (0/3) Used | Influence: 1 | Active conditions: None

Team NVMC:
Heavy Flail (Cold Iron, Bludgeoning): 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Am I right to assume that the safe cannot be crit (a 19 would normally threaten)?

Just in case, to save the back-and-forth:
confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 20 = 40
extra crit damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Barb 1/Sum 3, HP:38 of 38, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17 F:+5, R:+3, W:+4 (+2 vs mind affecting & poison), Init:+2, Perc:+4,

Voices looks at Squirrel, That not work. What ssshould Ssself do now?

In your that bandoleer pouch is a spiky wire. Use it to help Narla open safe without breaking everything inside.

Voices fishes it out of the bandoleer pouch and rushes over to Narla holding it in his hands. Squirrel says to use this.

I have an adamantine wire saw. Not sure exactly what to roll, guess I will use a strength check with Narla assisting, let me know if you want something different. It should be able to easily cut through the hinges or something else to open the safe.
strength: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20


Voices, please remember to spoiler your actions.


Team NVMC:
Safes don't usually have exterior hinges for exactly this reason. However, the adamantine wire saw can cut a corner off the safe (1 inch per 5 minutes), and Narla's attacks will damage the opening mechanism (no crits on objects, and 15 damage is enough to overcome its hardness and formally make it Broken) enough to open.

The safe contains reports on Pathfinders who work out of Dryblade House as well as people of interest throughout Daggermark. The reports reveal that Brandur Clovesh brought the imperiled Pathfinder Timinic to a safe house on the city’s border, though it does not specify where. Timinic’s file also notes that while in hiding, Timinic will recognize those who call themselves “Guardians of the Open Roads” as fellow Pathfinders.

Another earmarked dossier tracks the movements of a wanted killer named Cladara, and notes that Cladara’s murders have prompted city-wide investigations, an unusual response to deaths caused by any Assassin’s Guild member in good standing.

A third file suggests an apothecary named Pemak may have connections to the Daggermark Poisoner’s Guild.

In addition to the files, the safe contains a token, a wand, and a ring. I'm having problems nesting the spoilers, so I'm going to put these outside of the main spoiler.

Maps and surveys from Timinic’s exploration of the Daggermark sewer complexes cover Bosk’s desk. Malaz notes that most of the Pathfinder’s excursions began at the Dripping Wall Distillery. Timinic’s field notes also mention several encounters with suspicious folk lurking in the sewers near the distillery, and include requests to provide extra security for the distillery’s proprietor, Ramyla.

Team NVMC, Spellcraft, DC 11:
The ring is a ring of arcane signet

Team NVMC, Spellcraft, DC 13:
The wand is a wand of share language (6 charges)

Team NVMC, Spellcraft, DC 21:
The token is a bird feather token

Round 2

Aiden
Catushlara

Malaz
Narla
Seldiir (I'm going to wait for Aiden before resolving)
Voices

The Concordance

Aphorite Occultist ~6 | HP: 57/57 | AC:17 (f:17, t: 11) | F:+10|R:+4|W:+7 |Perception: +15 | Initiative: +2
Spell Tracking:
1st: 6/6 | 2nd: 4/4
Mental Focus:
Transmutation 6/13 {+4 STR} | Divination 2/13 {+1 Perception}| Abjuration 4/13 {+2 resistances}

NVMC:
Focusing a moment to allow his eyes to see arcane auras, Malaz briefly studies the items.

Spellcraft vs DC 11: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Spellcraft vs DC 11: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Spellcraft vs DC 11: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

I would roleplay this out, but it seems as if time is of the essence at the moment. Feel free to open spoilers all around!

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 4 / Rake URogue 1 (HP: 47/47 | AC: 15/11/14 | F+7 R+8 W+5 | Init +1 | Percep +8 SM +7)

SA:

Aiden looks for a nearby tall building and bursts into it, looking to get up to the roof. Once there, he looks for any sign of a person fleeing or a commotion down in the streets.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric(Cardinal) 5 | HP 45 | AC 16(T 12 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Fire Bolt 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Team NVMC:

Catushlara looks around and spots the wine glass. She picks it up and attempts to identify the contents by smell. Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Team SA:
Aiden shimmies up to the top of a roof and looks around. In all directions, people trudge through the sleet and there is no commotion in any direction.

Seldiir asks around in all directions, but nobody has seen a dwarf matching the description. As a matter of fact, nobody has seen a dwarf at all!

Team NVMC:
Catashlara discovers a residue on the glass shards. The residue has a waxy aroma similar to burning vinegar.

Bosk is very agitated that you're destroying his safe. "F..find Brandur and Timinic!

Round 3!

Aiden
Catushlara
Malaz
Narla
Seldiir
Voices

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 4 / Rake URogue 1 (HP: 47/47 | AC: 15/11/14 | F+7 R+8 W+5 | Init +1 | Percep +8 SM +7)

SA:

Aiden shakes his head. "He's gone. Or ducked into somewhere and we'll never find him. Come on, let's go back and see if they managed to save Bosk. I doubt it with the various poisons in this town."

The Concordance

Aphorite Occultist ~6 | HP: 57/57 | AC:17 (f:17, t: 11) | F:+10|R:+4|W:+7 |Perception: +15 | Initiative: +2
Spell Tracking:
1st: 6/6 | 2nd: 4/4
Mental Focus:
Transmutation 6/13 {+4 STR} | Divination 2/13 {+1 Perception}| Abjuration 4/13 {+2 resistances}

NVMC:
Hearing the desperate plea from the venture captain, Malaz brings the file to Bosk. "Where did Clovish hide Timinic? Do you have an address?"

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric(Cardinal) 5 | HP 45 | AC 16(T 12 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Fire Bolt 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

NVCM:

Catushlara looks at the others, pointing to the shard.Whatever that was it wasn't alcohol. Did anyone find anything? Antidote? Wand?

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

SA:
Seldiir shakes his head in frustration, ”Damned poisoners.”

Then he heads back inside.

Scarab Sages

F Sandkin Half-Orc | HP: 27/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Free Spirit Surge (0/3) Used | Influence: 1 | Active conditions: None

NVMC:

"I'll worry about a broken safe after you're healthy again," Narla unapologetically explains herself.

"According to these notes, Timinic is in a safe house, but that dwarf is the one who set them up in it...and if the dwarf though Bosk was job #1, Timinic's probably next."

Hopefully Alden and Sellidir have caught up to the backstabber, Narla allows herself to hope.

Narla returns to the VC, willing to assist in further treatment (if another try/aiding another is possible).

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"Hang in there, Captain, but if you know anything else about Timinic's safehouse, anything that can help us save their life, now is the time to let us know."


Aiden and Seldiir have returned to the office, so no more spoilers are necessary.

Bosk grabs Malaz's collar. "Brandur ... Brandur's the only one who knows! You ... you must save Timinic! Don't let this ... rrrrrgggghhhh ... this happen to him!"

Bosk lets out a primal scream as he clutches at his chest, and then goes silent and limp.

The time is currently 10:40 am.

You can stay here and re-investigate any of the locations in the NVMC spoilers above (body, cup, desk, safe). This will take 10 minutes.

You have three locations you can go to - Brandur's Cottage, the Dripping Wall Distillery, and the Pemak's Tinctures. All three can be located with a Knowledge (local) check, which will not cost time; or a Diplomacy (gather information) check, which will take 1d2 hours. (I am aware by RAW it's supposed to be 1d4 hours, but if I roll a 3 or 4 this scenario will be a steaming pile of poo poo.)

The DCs for locating the distillery or the tincture shop are 10, since they are public places; Brandur's Cottage will require a DC 15 check.

Scarab Sages

F Sandkin Half-Orc | HP: 27/27| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 19 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Free Spirit Surge (0/3) Used | Influence: 1 | Active conditions: None

"There's an Orcish word for the situation at hand, but it wouldn't be polite to say it out loud," Narla says through gritted teeth.

Pemak's related to the Guild, but not directly related to Timinic. Nor is Cladara. Priorities, Narla...

"Asking around for directions at a time like this isn't gonna be pretty. Anyone know where any of these places are? Pemak's a possible link, but we know that Timinic has been at the Distillery...," she suggests.

Narla can take the Diplomacy route, but time is of the essence. The knowledge route seems a better play.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric(Cardinal) 5 | HP 45 | AC 16(T 12 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Fire Bolt 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

NVCM: Did anyone do the Spellcraft rolls?

"I believe we should check the good captain's desk for clues before we leave. He may have written down something that might be of use to us. We should also examine the effects of the poison on the captain. Should we look for more clues here or hurry to this Brandur's side?" Catushlara says as she rises from besides the body.

The Concordance

Aphorite Occultist ~6 | HP: 57/57 | AC:17 (f:17, t: 11) | F:+10|R:+4|W:+7 |Perception: +15 | Initiative: +2
Spell Tracking:
1st: 6/6 | 2nd: 4/4
Mental Focus:
Transmutation 6/13 {+4 STR} | Divination 2/13 {+1 Perception}| Abjuration 4/13 {+2 resistances}

Yep. Open them up.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric(Cardinal) 5 | HP 45 | AC 16(T 12 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Fire Bolt 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Looking at the maps Catushlara attempts to make sense of the directions.
Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Grand Lodge

Nagaji Barb 1/Sum 3, HP:38 of 38, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17 F:+5, R:+3, W:+4 (+2 vs mind affecting & poison), Init:+2, Perc:+4,

Sorry of going AWOL. Got pretty sick.

Uhm dat mammal captain der was drinkin. Den he was chokin. Den sssquirrel sssaid to make him puke. Den sssquirrel sssaid to help open sssafe. Now it open. Den he sssaid sssumptin bout Brandy and Timmy Den mammal ssscream. Den he ssstop ssscreamin.... Uhmm... What now?

Voices knowledge local untrained for distillery: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
Voices knowledge local untrained for tincture shop: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (9) - 3 = 6

Nope. Never heared of dem placesss.

Squirrel knowledge local untrained for distillery: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9
Squirrel knowledge local untrained for tincture shop: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

Neither do I recall anyone mentioning where those places are located. I hate to let such a poisoner get away, but our first priority must be saving Timinic.

GM, in our rushing around, are there any other Pathfinders or servants in this building?


There are no other Pathfinders around. There are logistical staff that will take care of Bosk's body and alert the authorities, but nobody you can recruit to help you accomplish your mission.

I'll say that Catashlara's roll applies to Brandur's Cottage (since it has the highest DC), please make two others for the distillery and tincture shop. Also because the DC is 10 for the two shops, it can be done untrained by everyone.

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 4 / Rake URogue 1 (HP: 47/47 | AC: 15/11/14 | F+7 R+8 W+5 | Init +1 | Percep +8 SM +7)

Knowledge, Local (Brandur's Cottage): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

The others are an auto-pass for Aiden

Aiden listens to the account of what Bosk said. "I know those places. I passed the distillery on the way here, and the others I've heard people mention."

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric(Cardinal) 5 | HP 45 | AC 16(T 12 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Fire Bolt 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Having now know where to find Brandur's cottage Catushlara takes note of the other places.
Knowledge(Local)-Distillery: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Knowledge(Local)-Tincture shop: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

1 to 50 of 269 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS1] 10-01 Oathbreakers Die (GM Watery Soup) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.