GM-Sarc's Untitled Campaign

Game Master GM-Sarc


51 to 84 of 84 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Female Thassilonian Specialist ( Transmuter) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC (17)13, 13 T, 10 FF | F+4, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init+5, Perc.+6 |

Amyia nods her head in agreement. ”I’m in on helping find your man and your gold, Jerminda. Answer their questions as you deem fit, but I’m with Mathiel and will help.”


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

Lash took her rebuke with a little grumble. It was well deserved, and Mathiel, as usual, was right. It was always dangerous when Lash opened her mouth. Her compulsive desire to know all angles was rarely well-received, and she was too abrasive to really notice most of the time. Mathiel's rebuke made it clear.

"Sorry...," she would sigh out before the girl could answer her question. "I...", Lash paused. She was going to make an excuse for her abrasiveness but thought it best to just shut her mouth and so she did. She left her "sorry" at that. Like a kid disciplined in school, she was humbled and silenced. Her eyes glanced over to Grigore, who was probably beaming in his confidence that even she was going to accept. With a quick roll of her eyes to him, she would submit and say, "I'm in too.""Damn the consequences..."

There would be a toothy snarled look toward Grigore and she would spin about to return her soon emptied wine glass to the bar.


Male Human Cartomancer Witch 3| HP | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 |

Grigore winks at Lash with a smirk as though the two of them share a secret.

"Don't let the money talk fool you Jerminda. We adventurers are more likely to take a job because someone needs help than because it pays well."


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

"I'm in as well and I'm sure we can find your brother in law." Faunra nods her head reassuringly.


Jeminda looks relieves as everyone agrees to help her

"Oh thank you so much. And there shouldnt be any concerns about you all handling the taxes. At the moment I dont think anyone but me realizes they havent been collected so there shouldnt be many questions from officials!

Elias agreed to do this quietly and save me the embarassement if he could."

Jeminda looks towards Lash as the one who seems to know the geography of the area the best

"Do you want me to help you procure horses or do you think the boat will work better for you all?"


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

Lash would deposit the glass on the bar and then slowly stroll back. As Jeminda addresses her, Lash's eyes would dart to the young man to see if he was listening in and then she would look toward Mathiel.

"I think a wagon and a small team of horses would do well..," she would respond a bit more quietly. Hopefully not allowing her voice to project across the bar to listening ears. She then gave her reasons. "...for the less experienced of riders, it may be quicker in the long run. Making sure we aren't stopping every twenty minutes to pick someone up off the road who has fallen off their horse is good, and besides, I think that the road is quicker than the river, don't you?"

Subtly in her words, there is that indication of haste. She wanted to get there as quickly as possible for the sake of Jerminda. Despite her crude and callous nature, she actually did care about the well-being of Elias, and the sooner they got there the better.


Male NG Medium Human Cleric 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 14| F +5 R +4 W +6 | Init +11 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Blinding Flash 5/5, Channel 5/5 | Active Conditions:

See Jeminda, hearts of gold, every one of em. I’m happy to ride in the wagon.” Mathiel adds, proud of his allies good natures.


Female Thassilonian Specialist ( Transmuter) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC (17)13, 13 T, 10 FF | F+4, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init+5, Perc.+6 |

”The wagon would work well for me, too. I’ve always been just a touch clumsy,” Amyia with a grin.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

"I am fine with a wagon and if we need to save money I am sure Lash could work as a pack animal in a pinch" she says the last part in a tasing juvial tone.


Jeminda looks visibly relaxed as everyone seems to accept her offer.

She, rather clumsily, pushes a sack across the table rattling with the sound of coins inside.

"Here is part of the payment up front, I will give the rest when you return"

Everyone gets 15 platinum pieces

Then Jeminda takes a sheet of paper out of a coat pocket. You can see that the paper is marked with the official seal of Magnimar. She rapidly writes a few lines on the paper before passing it over with the sack.

"This should let you requisition a couple of horses and a cart for your trip. Take it to any of the city stables and they will assist you."

She stands from the table and reaches out to shake each of your hands in turn. You can see the gratitude in her eyes as she speaks

"Thank you so much for helping me find Elias, should you have any need of me you can contact me at the Ushers Hall in the Capital district. Thank you again. "

With that, Jeminda gives a somewhat awkward little bow and heads for the door.


Male NG Medium Human Cleric 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 14| F +5 R +4 W +6 | Init +11 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Blinding Flash 5/5, Channel 5/5 | Active Conditions:

Well, everyone ready to hit the road? Or does anyone want to use the platinum she gave us? Maybe a few choice scrolls you hadn’t gotten yet?” Mathiel askes as he finishes his fish stew.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra will shake the young ladies hand and then smile at Mathiel. "I for one wouldn't mind doing a little shopping. Not much I want to get with my cut but I can think of a few things."


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

Lash, of course, would shake Jerminda's hand. "Thanks for the opportunity." She would back away and watch as the girl left. Her heart felt a bit more calm at the fact Mathiel approved of her actions.

"Fine, I have some things I can buy too. I'll meet everyone at the stables in say...an hour? Anyone need to wait for longer?"

Purchased Items:
General map of the area of Ravenmoor 50gp 2lbs
Soap 1cp 1/2lb
Marbles 1sp 2lbs
Silent Whistle 9sp -
Hot Weather Gear 8gp 4lbs
Oil-treated canvas 2 sq. yards x 2 sq. yards 4sp -
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x2 100gp

Total Spent 159gp 4sp 1cp


No need to play out everyones shopping trips. Just list out what you are buying the way Lash is. If there are more substantive non shopping things that need to be played out let me know. Otherwise I will give everyone until this evening to get in their shopping and such and then we will pick up when you reunite at the Magnimar stables


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra had 88 gold left over out of starting gold which I used here

Purchased Items:

Wand of Infernal Healing 15 charges 225 gold

Total Spent 225 gold
Gold left on character 13 gold 9 silver


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

Lash would chip in an equal share for your wand (45gp I believe).


Female Thassilonian Specialist ( Transmuter) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC (17)13, 13 T, 10 FF | F+4, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init+5, Perc.+6 |

Amyia bought a couple of scrolls, keeping a good chunk of the gold at hand for unexpected expenses.


Male Human Cartomancer Witch 3| HP | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 |

"I can't think of anything I need."

I'll chip in for the wand as well.


A little over an hour later you have made the rounds in the markets and purchased a few essentials. You reconvene at a stables near the main road leading out of Magnimar.

At the stables you are easily able to use Jeminda's letter to acquire a wagon, draft horse and two riding horses. It is late afternoon by the time you accomplish these goals but at this time of year you have several hours of sunlight yet ahead of you.

You know that the road to Riddleport is reasonable well maintained and well traveled. It wont be a problem to find safe camp sites or travelers inns for the first several days of the Journey but once you turn towards Ravensmoor its a different story. The roads turn into little more than trails winding through a series of boggy moors. At that point there are few communities or conveniences until you get into Ravensmoor itself.

You ride through the afternoon and make good time. You pass several other bands of travelers and the occasional merchants wagon as you make your way north. Sundown comes around 8:30 that evening and you havent quite found your way to the next inn. You know that you probably have about 2 more hours of riding in the dark to make a market town that has a small inn and tavern.

Do you want to push on?


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

If the road had good visibility in the moonlight, Lash would press forward.


Male NG Medium Human Cleric 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 14| F +5 R +4 W +6 | Init +11 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Blinding Flash 5/5, Channel 5/5 | Active Conditions:

Mathiel uses his share to make a few purchases before journeying.

purchases, 175gp:
Scroll of protection from evil 2x, scroll of glitterdust


Male Human Cartomancer Witch 3| HP | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 |

"As a Varisian I have no problems sleeping under the stars but if you all prefer a bed riding on is fine with me."


Male NG Medium Human Cleric 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 14| F +5 R +4 W +6 | Init +11 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Blinding Flash 5/5, Channel 5/5 | Active Conditions:

A bedroll and no sword at my neck, that’s all I ask. I leave it to others to decide, I’m fine either way. With us needing a watch out here, it’s probably all the same time wise


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

[b]"It's been far to long since I've slept out under the stars. Besides I can entertain us around the fire. That is if your up for some songs around the fire.[\b]


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

There was no need to keep pressing on if everyone was open to stopping. After finding solid ground and a flat level area, Lash would pull over the wagon so they could camp out.

”Alright, here we are. Set up and let’s decide who is on watch. I’m okay being first up.”


Male NG Medium Human Cleric 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 14| F +5 R +4 W +6 | Init +11 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Blinding Flash 5/5, Channel 5/5 | Active Conditions:

And I'll go last! Need that 8 hours to prepare spells...


Female Thassilonian Specialist ( Transmuter) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC (17)13, 13 T, 10 FF | F+4, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init+5, Perc.+6 |

Amyia agreed with camping. ”It’s an unfamiliar land to me. I’d rather not fall off a wagon in the middle of a dark night. And a fire would certainly warm up my bones,” she said, listing off the reasons to stay. She volunteers for first watch, allowing herself to rest thereafter to prepare her spells.


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

"Alright," she would huff in reply to Mathiel and Amyia as she jumped off the wagon.

Lash would gather some limbs from trees to make herself a cushion and then would throw her canvas down, and lastly her bedroll. After that, she would start collecting some wood nearby.

"Do you want me to hunt for some food before it gets too dark?

They could get the fire started and then she could go find something in the darkness of night for supper before people settled down for sleep.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra will sent out her bedroll and then will help Lash gather some firewood.


Male Human Cartomancer Witch 3| HP | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 |

"Food would be good. I'll take...how about second watch?"

FYI unless I'm interpreting the rule wrong you don't have to have 8 hours of sleep to prepare spells. Yoh can sleep 4 take an hour for a watch turn and sleep four more. Sitting and looking at the fire still counts as resting. As long as a fight doesn't break out you're all right.


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

Lash would off course add wood from her carried pile to Faunra's, just to be a playful pain in the butt, but eventually, the deed would get done.

As people were calling in what shift they wanted, she would smirk to Grigore, "How about I take third watch then, so you can wake me up?" A harmless flirt with an accompanied chuckle came from the orc as she tightened her straps and leathers so that they were more stealthy. With a throwing dagger in hand she would soon set off to find some game.

"Do your best to get a fire going, and don't be too loud until I come back. You don't want to scare everything away...I'll see what I can find."
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

I don't think you are wrong, but I'll defer to the GM. How about 2 hours each? There are 5 of us, so that's 8 hours of sleep for each PC. Let me know if this doesn't work or if we have other ideas.
1st Shift: Amyia
2nd Shift: Grigore
3rd Shift: Lash
4th Shift: Faunra
5th Shift: Mathiel


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

"Really Lash..." Faunra says as she starts to struggle a little with the added weight of the wood. "Its fine I need to work on my upper arm strength anyway..." She makes her way back into camp and puts the wood down and then starts working on the fire. "Don't worry I'll have the fire going before you get back with dinner." she says to Lash before the hunter heads out. She then pulls a flint and steel from her belt pouch and starts trying to light a fire, singing a song as she does so.

Survival check to start a fire: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17Assuming its survival to start a fire, makes sense in my head
Perform check for my song: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

I don't mind going 4th.


Male Human Cartomancer Witch 3| HP | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 |

Grigore rolls his eyes, in a friendly way, at Lash. "I'll be sure you're good and awake before I go to sleep."

Grigore walks over to where Faunra is lighting the fire. He picks up a twig and snaps his fingers. Casting Spark The twig lights on fire and he throws it onto the wood pile. "Quicker this way."

That watch is good with me


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra looks at Grigore and shakes her head "Cheater" she says teasingly. She then starts to lay out her bedroll near the fire, setting the rest of her stuff at the end of her bedroll. She then takes her hair out of the ponytail and starts undoing part of her ceremonial armor.

51 to 84 of 84 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Feast of Ravenmoor Game Play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.