GM-Sarc's Untitled Campaign

Game Master GM-Sarc


1 to 50 of 84 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Game play thread up!


Dot


Female Thassilonian Specialist ( Transmuter) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC (17)13, 13 T, 10 FF | F+4, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init+5, Perc.+6 |

.


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

Thanks!


You have finally made it! There are plenty of capable adventurers and mercenaries throughout Magnimar but you can be sure that once the city government is calling on you, you are surely making a name for yourselves. Whether is was the rat swarms in the ossuary under the temple of Pelor or the rabid bear of Cableford someone has definitely taken notice.

Two days ago you received a message from a, surely important, government functionary named Jeminda Anikee. The message was rather vague about her overall purpose but asked you to meet her today at the Drunken Dog in Ordellia. It did seem a little odd that a government agent would choose such an out of the way meeting place… but bureaucrats do strange things all the time.

It is now mid afternoon and you stand in the pleasant heat of the spring sun outside the Drunken Dog. While the streets around you buzz with activity and commerce, the tavern in front of you is largely still. It would seem that few people of repute are seeking out a serious drinking haven at this hour. After several minutes outside, you have seen no one come or go from the tavern.

Despite its name, and its out of the way location, the Dog seems reasonably well maintained with fresh paint and clean windows facing out onto a busy side street. A small wisp of smoke rising up from the back of the building gives evidence that it is indeed inhabited and that the kitchen, if not the bar, is at least active.

What would you like to do?

Please note - For the purposes of this adventure it is assumed that you know each other and have worked together a couple times.


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

Not one to enjoy authority, but tolerate them if they paid, Lashella was hesitant to enter into a contract with another governmental entity as she had done in her past. She had been burned more than once by bureaucracy.

What made her slide off the enclosed water barrel and cross the street--after minutes of observation--was purely the desire for money. The shapely form of Lash moved out into the open and through the crowds; her halberd equipped to her back catching eyes as she went.

She lingered a moment outside the doors, observing what she could inside the tavern, be it sound or sight, before slipping inside quietly. The dimmer light indoors eased her eyes and brought back familiar sensations of the many nights she had spent in bars. Bard's Inn, Bard's Way, Bard's Lagoon, Drunken Serpent, Drunken Dipper, Drunken Loon, Drunken Dragon and on and on. Now it was the Drunken Dog.

Providing there was someone behind the bar, she'd head there, giving a pronounced cough to announce her presence to those who would take notice. If not, she'd likely head to a table in the corner so as to see whoever would enter.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra looked over the note one more time, leaning against the side of the Drunken Dog. A soft smile came across her lips as a sense of occomplishment started to fill her finally they notice my tallents and the higher ups are starting to contact me she said. She wasn't very sure if she recognized the name. Thinking back she tried to place it. Seeing her friend Lash enter the bar Faunra decides to follow her. "Kind of surprised to see you here, I know how you feel about working for government officials." She says warmly to her friend, joining her either at the bar or at her table.

Knowledge Local or Nobility to recognize the name on the note and what office she holds in Magnimar:

Knowledge Local1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Knowledge Nobility1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Human Cartomancer Witch 3| HP | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 |

Grigore is a Varisian man and he pretty much looks like a normal specimen of such. He is wearing bright flowing clothes and has a deck of cards in his hand. He saunters on up to the door unworried as to whether the bar is open or not. This is where the message said to go after all.

Once inside he takes a look around for anyone who looks especially governmenty. Instead he spots Faunra and Lash and approaches them. "Fancy seeing you two here. I knew I should've cast the Harrow before coming, I would've known there would be familiar faces present. I assume you're here because of a message from a Jeminda?"


Female Thassilonian Specialist ( Transmuter) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC (17)13, 13 T, 10 FF | F+4, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init+5, Perc.+6 |

The slightly built, brown haired human woman ducked into the bar next. As usual, the most distinguishing characteristic jumping out was her large spellbook poking out from her backpack. She pulled her robes tightly around herself as she entered the poorly attended bar.

”Hi everyone! Fancy seeing you all here! Anything new and exciting going on,” she says as she waves at the group, suspecting they we all here for the same purpose.


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

A gruff scoff of a laugh escaped Lash's lips as Fauna hit the nail on the head. "Not too loud now. Don't want them getting skittish. They may be listening in too..." She flashed playful eyes and leaned forward with her hands clasped. The red leathers creaked on the wood where she pressed impatiently.

When Grigore made his way in, she ran her tusks along the edges of her upper lips in a partial, almost threatening smile. Just the tips would make an appearance at the right side of her mouth. To those skilled in sensing motives, it was clear that her indifference toward most others (party excluded) was actually quite the opposite to Grigore. She liked Varisians, and in particular Grigore due to his uniqueness with harrow cards.

"Yep," she stated simply in response to him, with a sly look showing she wasn't going to reveal more.

Amyia wandered in after and Lash's interest was piqued. "Oh, now this is turning out to be a good group, and so far, no-one I don't know. I wonder if this was planned?" "Blight has picked up in the Mushfens..." she grumbled in complaint. "Other than that dismal news, I haven't had a drink yet. What have you been doing? Anything dangerous?"

With her suspicion aroused, Lash is a bit more attentive to their surroundings and making sure this wasn't some sort of trap by some past enemy of theirs. Who knew after all?


Male NG Medium Human Cleric 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 14| F +5 R +4 W +6 | Init +11 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Blinding Flash 5/5, Channel 5/5 | Active Conditions:

Mathiel enters carrying his longspear with it's prominently displayed flag of the dawnflower. He shrugs at the dismissal of government officials, native varisians know nothing of bureaucracy or tyrannical governments, but I suppose thats why we choose to live here...

Nevertheless he smiles at seeing many of his friends gathered round. " The drunken dog, as good a place as any to get a drink. Grigore, do the cards be dealing us weal or woe today?" His military haircut suggests to some that he wouldn't drink before meeting their contact, but Mathiel knows one drink won't hurt.

Seeing all of his friends gathered, he suggests," Should we look for our contact?"


Male Human Cartomancer Witch 3| HP | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 |

Grigore's eyes twinkle at the mention of his cards. "We seem to have a bit of time, I can cast a Harrow quickly. Not a full reading but a taste."

Grigore shuffles his Harrow Deck quickly and somehow ends up with only 9 cards in his hands, "I have a feeling that we will see some trouble before all is said and done so we will use the suit of Keys." He lays the cards face down in a cube three by three and then turns them over.

Having dealt with Grigore before the party is aware that in a Harrowing the left most column represents the past, the center column the present, and the right is the future. Grigore usually only interprets some of the cards, deciding which ones are important by inscrutable means. "Let's see we don't really need the past column. In the present we have a strongly aligned Cricket card, representing travel with a treasure at the end. This job will require us to go somewhere and we will be offered a reward. Here in the future column we have a misaligned Avalanche. There will be danger ahead but the misalignment means we have a chance to avoid it. Though the future is never set in stone."


The inside of the drunken dog is brighter than you would have expected. The windows spread around the main room let in significant sunlight and a single chandelier hangs over the bar helping illuminate the back corner where the sun is not yet reaching.

A dozen round tables of assorted sizes are spread throughout the main common room, at this time of day all but one of those tables is deserted. At the one, small, occupied table sits a young man in travelling leathers, perhaps 25 years old. He is picking at a plate in front of him while jotting notes in a small leather journal.

You dont see any sign of your contact (who you know to be a woman), but a minute or so after you enter the bar a middle aged man comes out of a door in the back that you are guessing from the smells that accompany him leads to the kitchen.

"Oh! apologies! I didnt realize anyone else had come in. Please, have a seat, make yourselves comfortable. Here for lunch I assume? We have a fish stew hot on the stove and several meat pies left from yesterday. Our roast isnt quite ready but if you would like to wait half an hour or so we will have a Rahadoumi goat with apples and onions.

Perhaps a drink while you decide?"

Faunra you arent able to place the name despite your high level of familiarity with the political class in the city. Whoever your contact is, she cant be terribly high up in the bureacrucy


Female Thassilonian Specialist ( Transmuter) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC (17)13, 13 T, 10 FF | F+4, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init+5, Perc.+6 |

”I’m not much for fish, but I’d happily take one of those meat pies to tide me over,” the woman says as she casually glances around the room, looking for anyone that could be their contact.


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

"Misalignment says he...I say danger breeds the best kinds of treasure."

Lash nods to Mathiel after giving him a bit of a wave. It was bothering her too that no-one had come out yet, especially since they had not been entirely quiet. Perhaps that was why this tavern was empty. She just started to move over toward the back and out came the middle-aged man. Stopping mid-stride, she relaxed and somewhat tolerated his apology.

"I'll take a drink, nothing too strong. What's your name?" she asked for transparency's sake. She always liked to know the name of those serving her.

Lash would move to the bar, as she preferred not to take off her halberd if need be, and sitting down, she would have to do that. Her eyes would trail over the young man, wondering if it was their contact in disguise, or if it was just simply a young man passing the time.

Perception to notice if there is anything amiss about the other member in the tavern and the barkeep.

Spoiler:
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


The man gives a little bobbing bow towards Lash

"Pardon me, my manners seem to have just up and left. My name is Marku Vestin and my wife and I are the new owners of the Drunken Dog here. Its not really much of a name is it? I think we will have to see about changing that just as soon as we can get a new sign made up.

He doesnt really pause to let you answer before he continues on

"One meat pie and a cool watered wine for this sunny afternoon. I will be right back with that"

He disappears through the door to the kitchen and you can just barely hear voices speaking.

Almost in sync with him leaving the front room, the door to the street opens and another patron enters into the Drunken Dog.

Silhouted by the sun in the doorway its hard to make out initial details about the newcomer but as they step into the slightly dimmer interior of the common room you can see that she is a smallish woman. Slight of build and a couple of inches below average height. She wears a relatively baggy gray dress of fine wool that, taken with the oddly wide brimmed hat on her head, makes it hard to pull out too many details about her.

She starts to walk to the bar but seems to notice Lash and the rest of you standing near there and turns to a table.

She sits down and fidgets nervously with her hands while discreetly peeking at each of you out of the corner of her eyes.


Male NG Medium Human Cleric 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 14| F +5 R +4 W +6 | Init +11 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Blinding Flash 5/5, Channel 5/5 | Active Conditions:

When Mathiel sees the food, apologize for my tardiness, I'll take the meat pie as well...

When the contact comes in, he wonders whats with the skiddishness.

sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

"Interesting type of guy this Marku...is?" she trailed off saying something as the mystery woman made her way in. Lash's eyes studied her with her usual stormy disposition, which seemed to scare the girl away. "Not likely our contact."

When Marku would return with her wine, she'd ask him, "So Marku, who is your wife?""Also not likely our contact or she'd have come out the second we got here."

The longer their governmental employee didn't identify themselves, the more nervous Lash was getting. It wasn't like them to play spy games. It wasn't like them to be shorter than 10 minutes early to meetings. Was she in the meat pies? Paranoia was always a struggle for Lash.


Female Thassilonian Specialist ( Transmuter) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC (17)13, 13 T, 10 FF | F+4, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init+5, Perc.+6 |

Amyia stood, and moved to the side of the woman who just recently entered. ”Don’t suppose you are Jeminda, are you,” she says in a low tone.


Male Human Cartomancer Witch 3| HP | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 |

"Thank you but I already ate."

Grigore listens closely to see if Amyla gets an answer to her question.


Amyia as you approach the woman who is sitting alone at her table she half rises before sitting back down. You note that she is fidgeting lightly and looks quite uncomfortable.

As you get close she addresses you

"Um, yes, yes I am Jeminda. You must be... well I guess you must be one of the people I am meeting? I probably should have set up some way to recognize each other, I am afraid I am not very good at this. This is my first time hiring.. uh... mercenaries?"

She looks briefly at the others in the room uncertainty on her face

"Is it just you or....?"

As she leaves her question hanging she pulls a small bag out from under her cloak, as she places it on the table it jingles with the unmistakable sound of coin.


Male NG Medium Human Cleric 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 14| F +5 R +4 W +6 | Init +11 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Blinding Flash 5/5, Channel 5/5 | Active Conditions:

Relax, you’re exchanging coin for a service, and you’re naturally a little unsure because this is the first time you’ve procured this one? Well, as they say at Calistrian temples, all sorts with coin are welcome, but worry not. We’re good folk, I assure you. I’m personally a devotee of Saranrae, if you’ll note the banner on my spear.

So, what service do you seek?

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

It seemed that Lash was mistaken. Who knew Jeminda was green? Appearances weren't everything. Perhaps Lash had grown too callous. All that effort being human and still, her orc pessimism came creeping into the picture now and again. Given that Amyia found their supplier of funds, she let the more diplomatic ones handle affairs. She wasn't a leader.

"Thank goodness Mathiel's here. I might as well grab his meat pie for him too while he's chatting away."

Lash would linger at the bar, waiting for Marku to return with both her drink and Mathiel's pie. Meanwhile, she would listen in from a distance to the conversation being spoken and keep an eye on the other patron with her peripheral vision.


Female Thassilonian Specialist ( Transmuter) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC (17)13, 13 T, 10 FF | F+4, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init+5, Perc.+6 |

”Yes, we received your massive and are here to help. We are generally a good sort...except for Lash over there,’ the mage says with a grin. ”No, I’m just playing. We are here to help. I do appreciate your coin being correct though,” she says, picking up the coin pouch, checking its heft.


Male Human Cartomancer Witch 3| HP | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 |

"Adventurers would be the preferred term ma'am," Grigore says as he strides over to lean on the table.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

"Well we are kind of mercinaries for higher Grigore" Faunra says as she joins the rest of her friends at the table. "I mean I've seen Lash and Amyia do some very creative things to the human body for the right amount of money..."

That sounded MUCH dirtier than I intended


Jeminda looks up at Grigore

"I am sorry, I didnt mean to offend anyone! I am afraid this might not be much of an adventure though. Its really rather routine bureaucratic work nothing big and exciting like you are used to I am sure.

You see there is this small town to the northeast, Ravenmoor. Its quite isolated, really no trade and somehow it uh... kind of got forgotten. It seems we didnt collect any taxes for a decade or two.

When I discovered the error I sent a tax collector out there a few weeks ago to collect the fairly substantial back payment but he hasnt returned and I am getting a little worried about where he could be."

She looks around at you all a little imploringly

"I dont think it will be any big job. Ravenmoor is only a week or so from here by road or river. I just need you to go there, see if you can find any word of Elias and return him and the back taxes to me.

I dont have a ton of money available... I would really like to do this without involving any official procurement. But I could pay each of you 250 gold a piece for the two weeks work that it would take to go an make an inquiry for me"


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra listens as the job gets explained to her. "Just one question...how does a govnermnent..." he pauses and makes air quotes in the air "forget to collect taxes from one of its cities for more than a decade...like who doesn't notice. And what have you been using to fund any issues needing handeling in Ravenmoor...you know what the taxes should go to fund?"


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

Lash shook her head toward the comment of Faunra, but being at the bar still, said nothing.

She grumbled audibly to herself. Not so loud so as to draw too much attention, but just loud enough to get out her frustration that her wine was taking so long.

"Worst bar ever...Is he cooking the meat pies himself? I thought he was just going back to tell his wife to make them and then he would come back out and give me my drink? We are going to be wrapped up with business by the time he gives it to me. I should just hop behind the bar and grab something to drink...I. Want. My. Wine. Now."

The impulsive orc side of her was itching at the back of her neck. It was a constant struggle to reign that side of her in and not embarrass the group in the sight of the client, but her grumble was not entirely silent.

In the wake of hearing about Ravenmoor, she tried to recall the topography, climate, position of the stars to arrive there accurately and to recall just what they were heading into in that area.

Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Jeminda looks slightly embarassed as she replies to Faunra

"It was really just a simple clerical oversight, Ravenmoor has always been independent and the annual tax is really just a very small amount. It seems we just... forgot to send a tax collector out there for, well, 15 years or so. To the best of my knowledge Ravenmoor hasnt actually submitted any requests in that time either.

It was truly just an innocent mistake but I am afraid it doesnt look terribly good for me, I would really prefer if we could keep this outside of official channels."


Lash you know where Ravenmoor is though you have never been there yourself. Its around 200 miles NE of magnimar well to the east of the main road that connects Magnimar to Riddleport.

Those traveling from Magnimar to Ravenmoor essentially have two choices: the Lost Coast Road or the Yondabakari River. While the Lost Coast route is overland, the river route is longer. Both routes meet up in Galduria; from there the rest of the journey is generally made via horseback along a well-traveled road on the western shore of the Lampblack River. As the Lampblack curves away to the east, this road continues north along the edge of Churlwood, eventually reaching Roderic’s Cove and Riddleport. Travelers to Ravenmoor must abandon the road at this bend in the river to follow a little-used trail up along the river’s west banks into increasingly dreary landscapes of bogland
and bleak moor.


Male NG Medium Human Cleric 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 14| F +5 R +4 W +6 | Init +11 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Blinding Flash 5/5, Channel 5/5 | Active Conditions:

Mathiel's stomach grumbles a bit, " Where is my meat pie. I apologized for my tardiness in ordering it… oh well"

He addresses their contact," Well, out of sight, out of mind I guess… 15 years, I suppose it's entirely possible that if a collector went and asked for 15 years of taxes, that collector wouldn’t be all that welcome. Some might even wish him harm. I suppose we can go investigate. One query though, You’re recruiting us to find Elias, not go door to door trying to collect 15 years of back taxes… If we return your man safe and sound, or… otherwise... we get our gold, yes?"


Female Thassilonian Specialist ( Transmuter) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC (17)13, 13 T, 10 FF | F+4, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init+5, Perc.+6 |

”Good question, Mathiel. Exactly what is expected of us?”


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

With another grumble, Lash removed herself from her seat at the bar. The half-orc popped her neck and stretched a little before heading over toward the group. Her leathers and bone-looking armor was strangely silent, having been tied at certain crucial points to reduce sound. Still, her presence was not easily missed due to the large halberd on her back. She may as well have been Mathiel.

She slid up behind Faunra and slung an arm around her as one would expect a half-orc to; roughly. Despite her presence now being felt, she still kept her eyes primarily on the bar and the other note-taking traveler. Nonchalantly she spoke in her gruff orcish feminine voice, "Another question," she added onto Mathiel's, "It's a very long way to Ravenmoor...some 200 plus miles. That's a noteworthy amount of expense for travel, depending on the route we take. Plus it's bogland there. Are our travel expenses coming out of this 250 gold?"


As you are speaking with Jeminda the kitchen door swings open and Marku steps back into the common room juggling multiple dishes. He glances around and seeing you at Jeminda's table, he moves in your direction

"Okay, okay here we go. Two fish stews and one watered wine. Can I get anything for anyone else?"


At nearly the same moment, Jeminda starts responding to Mathiel and Lash

"Well hopefully Elias has already gathered the taxes and is just delayed in getting back. If he has gathered the taxes already then please find him. If not then you dont have to gather them but perhaps you could give this letter to the mayor"

Jeminda hands you a cream envelope with a wax seal

"This will lay out what Ravensmoor owes and let him know that we will be sending another collector to gather the taxes in the coming weeks"

She looks at Lash

"I can provide a letter to allow you to get horses at one of the city stables, or I can provide a little extra gold to hire a boat if you choose to go by river. I am afraid I dont have a lot more gold to give beyond what was already promised though.


Female Thassilonian Specialist ( Transmuter) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC (17)13, 13 T, 10 FF | F+4, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init+5, Perc.+6 |

Hey GM, I just realized I have played this module before (and died in it, lol). If it would be alright with you, I’d like to use one of my replay credits to participate again and get credit when you hand out PFS chronicles. I truly didn’t remember until yesterday. I don’t remember anything about the module. Would that be acceptable, or would you rather me exit stage right since it’s so early.


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

"Well, that would help," she would sigh out. She hated traveling expenses coming out of her cut. With Jeminda offering money for a boat or horses, Lash figured she had better explain now. "We can discuss this later, but we have two choices, a route by the Lost Coast Road or the Yondabakari River."

She will pay for her drink to Marku, and after he leaves, she will sniff the glass and then begin to drink it if it smelled like her wine should smell.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Amyia wrote:
Hey GM, I just realized I have played this module before (and died in it, lol). If it would be alright with you, I’d like to use one of my replay credits to participate again and get credit when you hand out PFS chronicles. I truly didn’t remember until yesterday. I don’t remember anything about the module. Would that be acceptable, or would you rather me exit stage right since it’s so early.

Thats fine with me, I always assume in online / pbp there is a chance someone will have played it before. I trust players to seperate their knowledge from their character.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra turns to Marku and smiles "I'll take a green tea if you have it and some of that fish stew, it smells good."


Male Human Cartomancer Witch 3| HP | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 |

"Are we talking about buying horses or renting them? I right like the sound of owning a horse."

"So the job is finding Elias and/or delivering a letter. Sounds simple enough. Which of course means this will be very dangerous. 250 gold might not be worth it. Then again the Harrow says it will be. So I'm in."


Male NG Medium Human Cleric 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 14| F +5 R +4 W +6 | Init +11 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Blinding Flash 5/5, Channel 5/5 | Active Conditions:

I said meat pie, but I’ll take it...

Mathiel starts eating his soup. In between he agrees we’ll do our best. I guess I’ll defer to my horse happy friend, but I’ve never rode, spearmen usually stay in formation, not mounted...


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

"You'd look good on a horse," she hummed to Grigore, encouraging his decision to buy one. She probably would just look into getting a wagon for the sake of those like Matheil who didn't ride, but that would be discussed later by her outside of the presence of the one sending them on the job.

Although she's tried to hold it in, being a good standard human, like those agreeing to join, she could no longer take it. In a bit harsher tone than her accepting companions, but still -kind of- civil, she quietly halted the conversation from its path to a sealed deal.

"Hold on, before we go accepting anything, harrow or not, I want to know more about who this guy Elias is. For example, what does he look like? What are his habits? Desires? His haircut? Heck..." she paused a brief moment to build suspense in a slight bit of frustration, "...even what are the common clothes he typically wears... My problem is that right now we know nothing about him. I don't feel like we should be riding two-hundred plus miles to find out he's actually been in Riddleport and had gotten the names mixed up, only for us to later find out that its because he's aloof and you knew the whole time." She had gotten out what she wanted to say, and so her hot, orcish blood calmed. She audibly relaxed to her "nice", Lashella-like self to hopefully undo whatever damage she had caused in her minor bit of frustration. "Anything you can give us may help us find him. Even if you think it is the smallest most trivial bit of information. We want to help you or else we wouldn't be here."


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra sighs She was doing so well until the cook kept her from her drink for to long she thinks to herself while listening to Lash make her point. When she was done Faunra will nod her head in agreement. "I agree with my friend Lash. We need to know a little bit more before we sign on the dotted line. Mrs....Jeminda was it? What are the chances of something having happened to your collector? Do you feel he is in danger? Or would it be possible he's run off with the money for himself?"


Male Human Cartomancer Witch 3| HP | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 |
Quote:
"You'd look good on a horse,

"Of course, I always look good." Grigore simply waits for the others to finish asking their questions so that they can accept the job as well. He is confident that they will accept.


Jeminda looks at Faunra and Lash as she responds

"Elias, oh well... hes my brother in law but he is capable enough. He has worked as a tax collector for at least 10 years now and I cant imagine that he would have just run off with the money."

"Its always possible that something could have happened to him, he could be hurt somewhere or..."

Jeminda swallows hard as she cuts out that train of thought.

"Its a long trip but most of it is on the main road, and the parts that arent are not really that dangerous, nothing way out in the hinterlands. I wouldnt have sent him alone if it was a route that was really high risk. I really cant imagine what might have delayed him."

"In terms of appearance, he will be wearing a red cloak and his badge of office most likely. He is on the tall side, quite thin, and last I saw him he had a short pointed beard, though he might have shaved before going into the fens."

Her confidence seems to break a bit and her voice wavers

" I know its not a ton of money but I really dont think there is any huge danger and I am truly desperate. Please will you help me? "


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra leans over to Lash and whispers quietly "I smell nepotism...that means favoring one's family over other more capable people in case you didn't know that."


Acrobatics +8, Diplomacy +3, Craft Alchemy +5, Disable Device +10, KnDun +4, KnGeo +4, Stealth +7 | Half-Orc HP: 30/30 | AC: 15 (T13, FF14) | Init: +5 | Perception: +8 Darkvision 60ft | Fort: +8 Ref: +7 Will: +4 | CMB: 2 | CMD: 15 | Speed: 30 |

As Jerminda explained her touching situation, full of emotion, Lash would subtly and playfully hip bump Faunra as a sort of warning to stop making her lose focus. She would know though that Lash agreed.

"Maybe," she answered, not giving in to the near-sobby government employee. "One last question. Will this letter give us the ability, legally, to handle these taxes? I'd hate for the government to come in and paint us as thieves."


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) 3

Faunra chuckles a little as Lash hip bumps her and then gets a serious look on her face at Lashes mention of handeling the taxes. "That is a very good point. Hate to do a favor for you and end up getting a hand chopped off for theft."

Faunra will try to sense motive to make sure this isn't some sort of really elaborate setup. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male NG Medium Human Cleric 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 14| F +5 R +4 W +6 | Init +11 | Perc +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Blinding Flash 5/5, Channel 5/5 | Active Conditions:

When did you become a barrister Lash? “ responds, clearly annoyed at his allies lack of empathy.” You guys are going to make the poor girl flee. I cannot speak for the others, but I’d be happy to help find your brother in law. Your sister’s husband? I suspect they will as well, they’re just giving you the fifth degree...

Take 10 for an 18 diplomacy

1 to 50 of 84 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Feast of Ravenmoor Game Play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.