GM Deneve's Q1-06 Archeology in Aspenthar (Inactive)

Game Master Tonatiuh Ramírez

Map


101 to 150 of 157 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

Male CG male Human HP 5/18 | AC 17(19w/Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5| Stealth +5 | speed 25 | Rogue 1

Sneak attack:
When your enemy can’t properly defend itself, you take advantage to deal extra damage. If you Strike a creature that has the flat-footed condition with an agile or finesse melee weapon, an agile or finesse unarmed attack, or a ranged weapon attack, you deal an extra 1d6 precision damage. For a ranged attack with a thrown melee weapon, that weapon must also be agile or finesse.

Surprise attack:
You spring into combat faster than foes can react. On the first round of combat, if you roll Deception or Stealth for initiative, creatures that haven’t acted are flat-footed to you.

Hearing the loud booming voice, Kutu strides around the corner to see the towering enemy. "Lady of Graves! What horror is this?"

Not waiting for a reply he swipes at the metallic behemoth. "No wasted movement," he thinks to himself as he continues his attack attempting to knock the monster down.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Trip/Athletics check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Action 1: Stride
Action 2: Attack
Action 3: Trip

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

”What on Desna’s gossamer wings is that?” Orla curses, rushing into the main room.

Move action. Then cast bless.

”Oh blessed bright star, save us.” Orla immediately begins to pray upon entering the room.

Inzo and Hammick get the bless effect this round. Kutu is outside the range, sadly.

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

I think Inzo would have worked with machinery before, certainly not awakened machinery! I'd like resistances, as I think that makes the most sense with his background.

"Yeesh! This job went from top job to zero in a matter of seconds. Watch out friends. Shuriken incoming"

...He will wait his turn to throw them :)

Horizon Hunters

N male Rock Dwarf Fighter 1 HP 22/22 | AC 17(19w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +5 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Stealth +0 | speed 20 |

Bert looks up from trying to un-knot his stiff beard. He hears the cries from his companions further down the corridor.

"Dammit Inzo, I said you'd find trouble an' now you have!"


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Orla and Kutu are the first to react to danger; bursting into the workshop , the bright light immediately hurting Inzo's and Hammick's darkness adjusted eyes as the room becomes washed in color. The four companions stand temporarily together just as the machine's metal-encased, multi-colored cylinders begin spinning. Orla starts praying to Desna as Kutu quickly intercepts the construct. A light gossamer aura, tinted in blues and dark purples, spreads out from Orla and envelops Hammick and Inzo.

"ي وردآر وف تهآ ينبآراتيكآ, يوو ارآ الل دآتاينآد."

Kutu strikes, but despite its bulk, the construct dodges it nimbly. As Kutu prepares to trip the thing, it solidly stands its ground unyielding as the whirring sound coming from its cylinders stops.

As the large machine towers over brave Kutu, the exiled Frostfur would immediately recall that like all metal encased machines, they can't be stabbed or slashed at easily. They need to be bashed into pieces in order to destroy them.

Resistances physical (except adamantine or bludgeoning) 4; don't forget to share this information with everyone.

Everyone else, except for Inzo, remember you can use an action to Recall Knowledge Arcana or Craft on this thing. DC is high, though, at 17. Inzo, if you wish to recall more, the DC is 18 for you.

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Seeing the workmanship on this moving machine, Hammick tries to remember what it's function could be.
Craft: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Hammick, we're now in Encounter mode. I'm going to ask you to please wait for your turn to use one of your actions to use Recall Knowledge if you wish. We're going retcon you did not do that Crafting roll as you might have missed we were in combat.

The mechanical construct launches two quick jabs at Kutu. The first one misses as he ducks out of the way, the second one comes close, but makes no contact. It then takes a step forward, closing the distance between itself and Hammick.

GM Screen:

Altered Alchemical Chamber: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Syringe Strike: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Syringe Strike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Syringe Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Syringe Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"هامبآرس أءء اثتيفاتآد"

1st and 2nd actions Strike
3rd action Step

Initiative Order - If you're tagged, you may act.
Round 1
Orla +1 atk rolls (status)
Kutu
Alchemical golem
@Gabros
@Hammick +1 atk rolls (status)
@Inzo +1 atk rolls (status)
@Bert

Horizon Hunters

N male Rock Dwarf Fighter 1 HP 22/22 | AC 17(19w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +5 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Stealth +0 | speed 20 |

Action 1: Stride 20'
Action 2: Stride 20'
Action 3: Interact to equip his shield

Can you please move Bert to the end of the corridor? I don't have edit capabilities while at work.

"Agh what am I doin' with myself?" Bert slaps his forehead as he waddles along the corridor. "Knew Inzo'd get us in some trouble yet I ain't even prepared for a fight."

He gets to the end of corridor and peeks around the corner: "What in the-hey, that ain't no hellbeastie, it's just a walkin' metal tree."

Retrieving the shield from his back, Bert's face splits into a wide grin, and for a moment his stiff beard and squeaking wet trousers are forgotten. "Time teh cut it down t' size."


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

No problem. It's done. To the end of the corridor only, Bert? He can actually go into the workshop if you wish. I'll leave him at the end of the corridor in the meantime.

Horizon Hunters

N male Rock Dwarf Fighter 1 HP 22/22 | AC 17(19w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +5 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Stealth +0 | speed 20 |
GM Deneve wrote:
No problem. It's done. To the end of the corridor only, Bert? He can actually go into the workshop if you wish. I'll leave him at the end of the corridor in the meantime.

Whatever you judge his furthest move to be, 8 squares.

Horizon Hunters

Hero Points: 1 | Human Male Scoundrel Rogue 1 | AC 18 | HP 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Percep: +6 (+7 vs traps) | Passive Abilities: Read Lips, Trap Finding

Stride
Stride
Feint

Rushing towards the noise Gabros sees his fears confirmed as something has indeed come upon them from the dark.
He gets up in this strange creature's face and, with a flourish of his blade, tries to put it off balance.
Deception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

GM Screen:
Detecting feint: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

The creature almost imperceptibly reacts to Gabros' flourish, but does not fall for the feint. The cylinders in its arms and body begin whirling again.

Pathfinders, if any of you plan to flank the alchemical golem, the two squares with the rubble is considered difficult terrain.

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

With a determined face, Inzo knows that if he's going to do any sort of measurable damage to these clockwork creatures, he'll need to get his throwing stars into the joints of the machine.

He's going to:

Action 1: Hunt prey on the mechanical creature in the centre of the room
Action 2: Hunted Shot (2x shuriken - combine for DR purpose)
Action 3: Wish he brought a club! (Recall Knowledge)

Hunted Shot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 | dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Hunted Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 2 = 22 | dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Recall Knowledge: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Damn, only one hit looks good

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Action 1: Hunt prey on the mechanical creature.
Action 2: Move
Action 3: Attack -Strike-

Hammick having his warax out moves next to Kutu to keep a clear path to the monster for the chunks of metal that Inzo throws. He then swings his warax in both hands in a wide arc at the creature.
Warax attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20
Dice+Base+Bless
Slashing damage: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Does he get 1 1/2 times of damage for using two hands? or is it just the dice change to d12?
If hit, he does Hunter's edge- precision damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8 Unless it lacks vital organs or weak points.

"Bigger ye are, the louder it is when ye fall."

Sorry, When you put everyone can do a knowledge, I was thinking that it was like a free action.

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

Hammick if you mean 1.5x Str bonus for two handing, that isn't in 2E. The die changing to D12 is the 2H bonus

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Yes Inzo, you hit it right on money. Thank you


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Hammick rushes in as Inzo's shuriken go flying above his head. The first shuriken bounces off harmlessly from the metal casing of the machine, the second one just barely manages to graze the automaton. Hammick closes the distances and swings with his mighty waraxe, leaving the gossamer blessing aura of Desna as he swings... and strikes his target!

The mechanical golem reels from Hammick's blow! You can hear the sloshing of the liquids inside each of the chambers at its wrists.

"!!!هالت"

"هامبآرس أءء اثتيفاتآد"

Initiative Order - If you're tagged, you may act.
Round 2
Active Condition: Bless - 9 rounds remaining
@Orla +1 atk rolls (status)
@Kutu
Alchemical golem -15
Gabros
Hammick
Inzo +1 atk rolls (status)
Bert +1 atk rolls (status)


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Don't forget each of you has one hero point for rerolls and heroic recovery

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

Orla prays aloud to Desna.

”Blessed Wanderer,” the halfling intones, holding her holy symbol aloft, ”protect my colleagues and strike down this ancient foe!”

Action 1: concentrate and extend bless. Now at 10ft radius.
Action 2: Moonbeam attack.

Moonbeam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 251d6 ⇒ 2

That attack is fire and silver.

GM:
Critical Success The beam deals double damage, and the target is dazzled for 1 minute.

Envoy's Alliance

Male CG male Human HP 5/18 | AC 17(19w/Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5| Stealth +5 | speed 25 | Rogue 1

Kutu moves around the golem yelling in frustration, "Damn golem! It's skin seems to hard to slash!"

From behind Kutu inspects the golem closely trying to recall any information he can from all the tales he's heard on his travels as a guard.

Recall knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Unable to remember anything, Kutu, attempts to trip the monster again.
Hopefully I can at least get it off its feet and make it easier for the others to hit, he thinks.

Trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Action 1: Move
Action 2: Recall Knowledge
Action 3: Trip


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

GM Screen:

Altered Alchemical Chamber: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Syringe Strike Hammick: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Syringe Strike Kutu: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 = 26
Syringe Strike Gabros: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Syringe Dmg Hammick: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Syringe Dmg Kutu: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Syringe Dmg Gabros: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Desna hears Orla's prayer; pale moonlight comes forth from the halfling, piercing the darkness and striking at the construct. The light is beautiful, yet stops short, dissipating into nothing less than an inch from the golem's carapace. The behemoth turns its top green chamber back, only to see Kutu behind it. Kutu tries to trip the monster, but overreaches and ends up falling on the ground prone! (Crit. Fail Kutu is prone | Failure + Nat. 1 = Crit. Fail)

Condition: Prone:
You’re lying on the ground. You are flat-footed and take a –2 circumstance penalty to attack rolls. The only move actions you can use while you’re prone are Crawl and Stand. Standing up ends the prone condition.

The top chamber turns towards Gabros and Hammick. Something greyish bobs inside it. As the chamber locks into place, it unleashes a flurry of jabs with one of the syringes stabbing Hammick, the second one at a prone Kutu and a third one missing Gabros entirely! Crit Hit. Hammick | over 10 against AC

"هامبآرس أءء اثتيفاتآد"
"!هالت""!هالت""!هالت"
صتوب تهيس! وو ويلل الل سوففآر فور تهيس!

Both Kutu and Hammick are pierced savagely by the syringe and the construct immediately begins to pump some unidentified liquid into their bodies that immediately churns their stomachs.

Hammick and Kutu, please roll a Fortitude Save before your actions.

Alchemical Inyection:
Sickened: DC 15 Fortitude save or sickened 1 (sickened 2 on a critical failure).

You feel ill. Sickened always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to this value on all your checks and DCs. You can’t willingly ingest anything—including elixirs and potions—while sickened.

You can spend a single action retching in an attempt to recover, which lets you immediately attempt a Fortitude save against the DC of the effect that made you sickened. On a success, you reduce your sickened value by 1 (or by 2 on a critical success).

All 3 actions are Strikes. The golem is flanked by Gabros and Kutu. -2 AC (Circumstance).

Initiative Order - If you're tagged, you may act.
Round 2
Active Condition: Bless - 9 rounds remaining
Orla +1 atk rolls (status)
Kutu -10hp | -2 atk rolls (Circumstance: Prone)
Alchemical golem -15hp | -2 AC flat-footed (Circumstance: Flanked)
@Gabros +1 atk rolls (status)
@Hammick -10hp | +1 atk rolls (status)
@Inzo +1 atk rolls (status)
@Bert +1 atk rolls (status)

Horizon Hunters

N male Rock Dwarf Fighter 1 HP 22/22 | AC 17(19w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +5 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Stealth +0 | speed 20 |

Bert steps in between Gabros and Hammick: "Fall back if'n you need, I'll hold this line." He ducks his shoulder into his shield and slams it forward, trying to connect with one of the construct's legs.

Action 1: Step
Action 2: Raise Shield (+2 AC, will shield block first attack that damages)
Action 3: Strike Shield Boss: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 | damage (B): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

He realises too late that he's ducked too far, and is unable to see his target. His shield bash swings wide and useless.

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

The melee is chaotic in such a tight spot. Peeking left and right, Inzo looks for an opening. "I cant ... Get anything between you two Bert!"

I'd never hear it from the two of them if I am two for two with stars in a dwarf's beard Antsy, he closes his eyes and lets a flurry loose "Watch out!"

Action 1: Hunted Shot (combine dmg for resistance)
Action 2: Strike
Action 3: Strike

Modifiers
+7: Attack bonus
+1: Bless
+2: Flat footed
-1: Cover (Allies grant soft cover)
Hunted Shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 23 | Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Hunted Shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 = 19 | Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Strike: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 3 = 24 | Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Strike: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 - 3 = 10 | Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

Okay, that is 8 damage hitting AC19, the other two strikes won't punch through. I did some damage!

Horizon Hunters

Hero Points: 1 | Human Male Scoundrel Rogue 1 | AC 18 | HP 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Percep: +6 (+7 vs traps) | Passive Abilities: Read Lips, Trap Finding

Gabros roars in anger and seeing the blades of his allies slide off he tries to kick and punch hoping to dent the beast.


I have not included the effects of the flank

Strike

Punch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Strike 2

Punch 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Strike 3

Punch 3: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Punch Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Rocking back from the blow Hammick feels the poison move through his body.
Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Can't think about that right now, need to keep swinging He think to himself.

Action 1: Hunt Prey
Action 2: Attack -Strike-
Action 3: Attack -Strike-

Two Handed Warax Attack #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Two Handed Warax Attack #2: 1d20 + 6 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 3 = 6
I am not sure if Ihave to use an action to concentrate to keep Hunt pray up to kick in the hunter's edge. If not here is attack #3 and I did not include the bless, not sure if he is in range. Still learning 2nd ed.
Two Handed Warax Attack #3: 1d20 + 6 - 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 6 = 17

Slash Damage #1: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Slash Damage #2: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
and if it happened
Slash Damage #3: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Hammick, the golem would lose the Hunt Prey designation only if you selected a new creature for your Hunt Prey. The golem is marked as your prey until your next daily preparations, so you're fine and that third strike is a go. Orla extended the bless to 10ft, so you're still blessed.

Bert closes the gap as the three Pathfinders block the golem's advance towards Orla and Inzo. Shurikens go flying near Bert's head, the sharp ends punching small gashes in the construct's armor. Next to Bert, Gabros roars savagely, his elation evident as a well-timed punch puts a dent on the creature's armor! For a moment, you can all see Kutu fall back and get pierced with the large syringe. He appears to be alive, but badly hurt. Hammick, his face grave as he receives the alchemical infusion, appears to be all right. (Save Passed) With renewed vigor, the dwarf strikes at the golem three times in rapid succession, the third strike landing fiercely on the golem's metal carapace!

Initiative Order - If you're tagged, you may act.
Round 3
Active Condition: Bless - 8 rounds remaining
@Orla +1 atk rolls (status)
@Kutu -10hp | -2 atk rolls (Circumstance: Prone)
Alchemical golem -28hp | -2 AC flat-footed (Circumstance: Flanked)
Gabros +1 atk rolls (status)
Hammick -10hp | +1 atk rolls (status)
Inzo +1 atk rolls (status)
Bert +1 atk rolls (status)

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

Orla calls out.

”What do we know about this thing? What can hurt it?” she calls out, wanting her colleagues to summarise for her.

In the meantime she prays to Desna. ”Desna, continue to bless our efforts and heal my fallen comrade!”

Action 1: concentrate on bless. Actions 2&3: focused heal on Kutu.

Heal on Kutu: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

"I'm not sure what you can do Orla, I've never seen machines moved by the god's magic. Bash it to death Hammick!"

Immune: magic :(


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

FYI, I put down Immune to Magic: fire, silver. There might be some magic that could hurt it, but for your characters to know it would have to be through Recall Knowledge or trial and error. ;)

Envoy's Alliance

Male CG male Human HP 5/18 | AC 17(19w/Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5| Stealth +5 | speed 25 | Rogue 1

Kutu shaken by this seemingly unbeatable mechanical monster loses his footing and falls. "Damn this monster is going to send me to Pharasma's boneyard if I'm not more careful."

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

As Kutu is struck while on the ground he grimaces silently in pain. As the unknown liquid enter him feels sick. Then he feels Orla's healing magic and momentarily feels better until he starts to stand.

"Thanks Orla," he manages to get out before being overcome by sickness.[b]"What the hell is that liquid," he asks trying to garner any information he can about the golem.

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Action 1: Stand
Action 2: Fortitude check
Action 3: Recall knowledge

Yikes my rolls have been terrible.


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

GM Screen:

Altered Alchemical Chamber: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Shove vs Kutu's Fort DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Syringe Strike Hammick: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Syringe Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Orla continues to concentrate, sustaining the blessing while calling upon her god's aid. Kutu's wounds heal miraculously as Desna's healing touch infuses his body, (Recovers 8 hp) yet Kutu isn't feeling very well. (Crit. Fail Sickened 2)

The damaged construct shoves Kutu backward, sending him flying against the eastern wall (Crit. Success Pushed 10 feet away). The chambers whirl once more before releasing another painful stab at Hammick. More chemicals flood into his body. The automaton removes the syringe and strides towards the eastern part of the workshop and towards Kutu.

"هامبآرس أءء اثتيفاتآد"

Hammick please roll another Fortitude Save.

Alchemical Injection:
Fortitude DC 15: Slowed Slowed for 1 round (slowed for 2 rounds on a critical failure)

You have fewer actions. Slowed always includes a value. When you regain your actions at the start of your turn, reduce the number of actions you regain by your slowed value. Because slowed has its effect at the start of your turn, you don’t immediately lose actions if you become slowed during your turn.

1st action Shove, 2nd action Strike, 3rd action Stride.

The golem is now in dim light until Orla steps closer. It has a DC 5 Concealed flat check in order to target it with an attack, spell or other effect. Once it's in bright light, you can ignore this check. If you have darkvision or low-light vision, you can also ignore this check.

Initiative Order - If you're tagged, you may act.

Round 3
Active Condition: Bless 10ft radius: 8 rounds remaining
Orla | +1 atk rolls (Status)
Kutu -2hp | -2 all checks and DCs (Condition: Sickened 2)
Alchemical golem -28hp | No longer flanked (for now)
@Gabros | +1 atk rolls (Status)
@Hammick -15hp | +1 atk rolls (Status)
@Inzo | +1 atk rolls (Status)
@Bert | +1 atk rolls (Status)

Horizon Hunters

Hero Points: 1 | Human Male Scoundrel Rogue 1 | AC 18 | HP 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Percep: +6 (+7 vs traps) | Passive Abilities: Read Lips, Trap Finding

Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Gabros attempts to feint once more to throw the creature off balance but struggles in the dark
Deception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Critical Failure Your feint backfires. You are flat-footed against melee attacks the target attempts against you until the end of your next turn.
But he tries again before taking a swing
Deception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Attack Unarmed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage Unarmed: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (1) = 6


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Gabros, your second feint worked and the attack hits your target! Please roll for Sneak Attack!

Edit.Also don't forget the Concealed flat-check for the second attack. Same DC, please. Remember you have a hero point if you wish to reroll.

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

"Wait a minute, I can help out with this!"

Action 1: Draw Torch
Action 2: Light torch
Action 3: Move closer to give the team light

Inzo waves the torch around gleefully, unable to resist the urge to rhyme.

"Fire fire burning bright
Giving longshanks good good sight
Now you see, get in fast
Time to chop and slice and bash!"

Horizon Hunters

N male Rock Dwarf Fighter 1 HP 22/22 | AC 17(19w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +5 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Stealth +0 | speed 20 |

AoO Trigger:
A creature within your reach uses a manipulate action or a move action, makes a ranged attack, or leaves a square during a move action it’s using.

Bert lashes out with his shield as the construct retreats, providing him with an opening to strike.

Attack of Opportunity: Shield Boss: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 | damage (B): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"Got yeh that time, yeh clanky bastard," Bert yells in triumph. He strides forward, shield swinging through for another attack.

Action 1: Stride
Action 2: Strike Shield Boss: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 | damage (B): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Action 3: Raise Shield

"Stop pickin' on the lads 'n' fight someone jus' as hard-headed as yerself," he jibes, not thinking that taunting an animated construct is probably a bit pointless.

Horizon Hunters

Hero Points: 1 | Human Male Scoundrel Rogue 1 | AC 18 | HP 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Percep: +6 (+7 vs traps) | Passive Abilities: Read Lips, Trap Finding

I already included the sneak attack in the damage roll (Nat 1 though)
concealment check: 1d20 ⇒ 1
definitely hero pointing that one
concealment check: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Horizon Hunters

Hero Points: 1 | Human Male Scoundrel Rogue 1 | AC 18 | HP 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Percep: +6 (+7 vs traps) | Passive Abilities: Read Lips, Trap Finding

wait hang on I already did the flat check at the start


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |
Lord Gabros Orlovsky wrote:
wait hang on I already did the flat check at the start

You know what, Gabros? You're right. For some reason I read your post as if you attacked twice. My apologies for that mistake.

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

"Oofff" Grunts Hamick as the metal monster stabs him again
Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"Ah not going down with ot afight!"
And grabs is healing potion and drinks it down.
Minor Healing Potion: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Action #1 interact with item: Healing Potion
Action #2 Move Forward
Action #3 Attack-Strike

Hammick Step forward once again and does a mighty two handed swing with his warax.
Two Handed Warax Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Slash Damage: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

As the construct shambles towards Kutu, Bert bashes it with his shield quickly while it's exposed, damaging the golem greatly as it retreats, denting the armor, which in turns cracks some of the liquid-filled containers on its body. Gabros immediately gives pursuit and steps into the dim light, his fists raised as he attempts to throw the creature off-balance, but fails as his eyes adjust to the weaker light. His second attack is a success and he strikes a mighty blow right in an exposed area of the golem's carapace. (Golem AC -2, flanked: flat-footed)

Hammick receives another jolt of alchemy in his body, yet his stout dwarven frame resists the unknown conconction. He then drinks a potion (+3hp) before charging his enemy and striking wildly, yet doing nothing more beyond a scratch. Inzo on seeing his allies struggle, has a bright idea and lights a torch to help them see in the dark while chanting gleefully, his voice ringing above the din of combat. (Concealed Check dismissed) Bert follows after Inzo, narrows the distance and strikes again with his shield, missing his mark and just scratching the construct's armor with his shield boss.

It appears that your teamwork is paying off. By the light of Inzo's torch, you can all see that the alchemical golem is looking pretty damaged, with its body dented in several places and some cracks appearing in the liquid-holding chambers at its wrists and body.

"نعم. حرية. رقم يجب اتباع الأوامر. استعد للموت."

Initiative Order - If you're tagged, you may act.

Round 3
Active Condition: Bless 10ft radius: 7 rounds remaining
@Orla | +1 atk rolls (Status)
@Kutu -2hp | -2 all checks and DCs (Condition: Sickened 2)
Alchemical golem -42hp | -2 AC flat-footed (Circumstance: Flanked again)
Hammick -12hp |
Gabros | -2 AC (Circumstance: Flat-footed until end of his turn)
Inzo |
Bert |


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Whoops! We should be in Round 4, Bless has 6 rounds remaining.

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

Orla calls out.

"By the light of the stars, Desna will see us through this!"

Action 1: concentrate on bless. It should have a 15 foot radius now.
Action 2: target heal on Hammick.

Heal (Hammick): 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Envoy's Alliance

Male CG male Human HP 5/18 | AC 17(19w/Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5| Stealth +5 | speed 25 | Rogue 1

I have let this horror corner me!

Feeling queasy still Kutu attempts to fight through the sickness. "FoR BlOoD and HOnoR' he manages to shakily yell. He again attempts to trip the golem with his sickle following that up with a swift attack.

Action 1: Fortitude check
Action 2: Trip
Action 3: Attack

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 = 18
Trip: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17
Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 2 = 201d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Kutu, please roll sneak attack.

Envoy's Alliance

Male CG male Human HP 5/18 | AC 17(19w/Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5| Stealth +5 | speed 25 | Rogue 1

Sneak attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

GM Screen:

Altered Alchemical Chamber: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Syringe Strike Kutu: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Syringe Strike Bert: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Syringe Dmg Kutu: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Syringe Dmg Kutu: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Opening up to her goddess, Orla manages to extend Desna's blessing (Bless 15ft), her words filling Hammick with respite as he is bathed in a cool cleansing light. (Hammick is at full health). Kutu, meanwhile, retches, upheaving his stomach contents (Sickened 1). This has a clarifying effect on him, as he releases a battle cry, darts his sickle by the golem's leg and the construct falls onto the floor! (Prone: -2 atk rolls) Kutu quickly strikes at one of the several weak parts that his companions have created in the behemoth dealing a good chunk of damage.

However, this doesn't deter the mechanical creature. It stands up (Condition: Prone dismissed) and strikes viciously back at Kutu in retaliation before turning around and striking at Bert!
"كافية! سوف يكون لكم جميعا دفع ثمنوقاحة الخاص بك."

Kutu, Bert, please roll a Fortitude Save.

Alchemical Injection:
Sickened: DC 15 Fortitude save or sickened 1 (sickened 2 on a critical failure)

You feel ill. Sickened always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to this value on all your checks and DCs. You can’t willingly ingest anything—including elixirs and potions—while sickened.

You can spend a single action retching in an attempt to recover, which lets you immediately attempt a Fortitude save against the DC of the effect that made you sickened. On a success, you reduce your sickened value by 1 (or by 2 on a critical success).

Initiative Order - If you're tagged, you may act.

Round 4
Active Condition: Bless 15ft radius: 6 rounds remaining
Orla | +1 atk rolls (Status)
Kutu -11hp | -1 to all checks and DCs (Condition: Sickened 1)
Alchemical golem -49hp | -2 AC flat-footed (Circumstance: Flanked)
@Hammick |
@Gabros | -2 AC (Circumstance: Flat-footed until end of turn)
@Inzo |
@Bert -11hp |

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

"I told ye would make a big noise when ye fell. Now stay down."
Hammick swings his warax like he is chopping down trees to make a fire line before the blaze reaches him.

Action #1 Attack-Strike
Action #2 Attack-Strike
Action #3 Attack-Strike

Two Handed Warax Attack #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Two Handed Warax Attack #2: 1d20 + 6 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 3 = 21
Two Handed Warax Attack #3: 1d20 + 6 - 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 6 = 3

Slash Damage #1: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Slash Damage #2: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Slash Damage #3: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

"Bhaa, Ah still can feel that poison going through me."

At least I hit once

Horizon Hunters

N male Rock Dwarf Fighter 1 HP 22/22 | AC 17(19w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +5 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Stealth +0 | speed 20 |

Reaction: Shield Block. Reduces damage by 5, shield and Bert both take 6.

Bert holds his shield strong against the construct, but the syringe smashes it aside with ease and plunges into his shoulder.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Agh, a pox on yeh rust-bucket-bayonet. Takes more than that t' bring me down." Bert lashes out with his shield back-and-forth before raising its cracked surface once more.

Action 1: Strike Shield Boss: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 | damage (B): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Action 2: Strike Shield Boss: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 | damage (B): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Action 3: Raise Shield

Horizon Hunters

Hero Points: 1 | Human Male Scoundrel Rogue 1 | AC 18 | HP 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Percep: +6 (+7 vs traps) | Passive Abilities: Read Lips, Trap Finding

Scoundrel Racket Feint Rules:
When you successfully Feint, the target is flat-footed against melee attacks you attempt against it until the end of your next turn.
So this means the Golem is still flatfooted against me

Gabros throws two quick jabs into the golem before faking a punch at its head to throw it off balance
"I have had enough of you! Time for you to cease your foul onslaught"
First Action Unarmed strike
1st Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
1st Damage including Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (2) = 4
Second Action Unarmed strike
2nd Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
2nd Damage including Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (5) = 8
Third Action Feint
Deception to Feint: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

101 to 150 of 157 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Deneve's Q1-06 Archeology in Aspenthar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.