GM Deneve's Q1-06 Archeology in Aspenthar (Inactive)

Game Master Tonatiuh Ramírez

Map


1 to 50 of 157 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

_..._

Horizon Hunters

N male Rock Dwarf Fighter 1 HP 22/22 | AC 17(19w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +5 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Stealth +0 | speed 20 |

Bert gonna be the best archaeologist Aspenthar's ever seen. He's just happy there aren't any boats.

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

YUSS! The team is back!

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Someone gota keep an eye on the gobbi.

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

AND the mead/ale rations.

Envoy's Alliance

Male CG male Human HP 5/18 | AC 17(19w/Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5| Stealth +5 | speed 25 | Rogue 1

.

Horizon Hunters

Hero Points: 1 | Human Male Scoundrel Rogue 1 | AC 18 | HP 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Percep: +6 (+7 vs traps) | Passive Abilities: Read Lips, Trap Finding

"Greeting all! What a pleasure it will be to continue our adventures together!"

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

On the trip back to Absalom/Wherever we're going next

Sheepishly, Inzo will go up to Hammick and retrieve his shuriken, which ended up in Hammick's side.

"So em... it sounds crazy, but the way you were moving. I mean, you really did look like the serpent. Anyways, won't happen again." After a pause, he changes topic. "So you never told us where ya came from Hammick. What's ya story?"


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

"I'm glad to see you're all in high spirits", a voice behind you interrupts. "When I said I would be glad to have you on board again, I wasn't expecting it to be so soon", Captain Eynilla Vriggdahl says to you all as the Wandering Hearth approaches into the Thuvian city-state of Aspenthar. You find yourselves all gathered around the deck, your destination finally in sight. You've strengthened your cammaderie over the past few weeks as you left the frigid Lands of the Linnorm Kings and made your way south towards the desert lands. Thankfully, there were no sightings of sea serpents along this trip. "Still, Captain Vriggdahl continues, "I'm glad our paths crossed once again as the Hearth and the Society's needs align once more. And a word to the wise, Pathfinders: don't speak ill of the government here. They don't take kindly to such."

"Master Haaland ", she speaks addressing Bert. "I'm glad to see you've healed up nicely. She nods at Hammick. "The men and I are grateful for how both of you stood up to those snakes. They would have wrought great chaos on our deck if you hadn't intercepted them". She nods at him and then looks at Kutu and Gabros in turn. "Master Rainkin and Orlovsky, I thank you for helping out with the ship. We're a bit undermanned after our last venture." She turns to look at Inzo with a not entirely unkind glare, her eyes chuckling even though her voice is hard. "And stop throwing those knives of yours! You're going to end up damaging my ship!"

Feel free to RP before the ship docks. I'll continue the story tonight.

"We'll be arriving to port in about an hour. Get your things ready. Oh, and Miss Orla, if you learn anything useful about navigating that I could add to our sea charts, I'd be grateful if you'd kindly share it with me before we dock", she says before yelling at her men to get back to work. Some of the sailors salute you before returning to their duties.

Horizon Hunters

Hero Points: 1 | Human Male Scoundrel Rogue 1 | AC 18 | HP 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Percep: +6 (+7 vs traps) | Passive Abilities: Read Lips, Trap Finding
Bert Haaland wrote:
Bert gonna be the best archaeologist Aspenthar's ever seen. He's just happy there aren't any boats.

Spoke too soon

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

"Aye Captain, Ye know anything aboot these land we go to?"
Hammick is glad that seas have stayed calm.

Horizon Hunters

Hero Points: 1 | Human Male Scoundrel Rogue 1 | AC 18 | HP 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Percep: +6 (+7 vs traps) | Passive Abilities: Read Lips, Trap Finding

”I am also curious as this is my first trip south of the inner sea.”


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Captain Vriggdahl turns back to face Hammick. "Hmmm..."

Spoiler:
1d20 ⇒ 1

"Not much, I'm afraid. I usually stay to the north of Golarion. All I know is that Thuvia was under the sole control of the Osirian Empire going back thousands of years. Don't know if that helps you much at all master Sunborn."

Everyone can make the following Recall Knowledge checks to access more information on Thuvia: Academia/Thuvian Lore or Society. Only these can be accepted. All can be done untrained.

Academia/Thuvian Lore wrote:


25 and higher:
Critical Success: Thuvia was once occupied by the Jistka Imperium, who were known for their great mechanical aptitude and facility with magical constructs such as golems.

15 to 24:
Success: Thuvia’s position in central Garund means that it was controlled by multiple powers during its history, including the Osirian Empire and the Jistka Imperium.

14 to 6:
You can't recall anything about Thuvia.

5 and under:
Critical Failure: You know the same as Captain Vriggdahl, that is that Thuvia was under the sole control of the Osirian Empire going back thousands of years.
Society wrote:


25 and higher:
Critical Success: Prince Zinlo’s rush to sell permits for dig sites means that it’s highly unlikely anyone knows what is actually in any of the sites. Thuvia has been occupied by many powerful empires over the centuries, including the Jistka Imperium

15 to 24:
Success: Prince Zinlo is one of the most powerful figures in Thuvia, though his reputation is as a callous and ambitious man with little concern for leisure or scholarly pursuits.

14 to 6:
You can't recall anything about Thuvia.

5 and under:
Critical Failure: Prince Zinlo is known to be ambitious but also has a reputation for fairness, honesty, and benevolence.

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

Thuvian Lore: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Society: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

"I'm just a former foot-servant from Absalom. I don't know anything about Thuvia. I'll get to looking at your sea charts to see if there's anything I can help with, Captain." Orla laughs and heads to the captain's quarters to steady the navigational charts.

Absalom Lore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Thuvian Lore: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
"Aye Captain that is what Ah have heard as well"

Scratching his head, Hammick thinks on it.
Society: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
"But Ah did hear that Prince Zinlo is one of the most powerful figures in Thuvia, though his reputation is as a callous and ambitious man with little concern for leisure or scholarly pursuits."

Horizon Hunters

N male Rock Dwarf Fighter 1 HP 22/22 | AC 17(19w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +5 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Stealth +0 | speed 20 |
GM Deneve wrote:
"Master Haaland ", she speaks addressing Bert. "I'm glad to see you've healed up nicely. She nods at Hammick. "The men and I are grateful for how both of you stood up to those snakes. They would have wrought great chaos on our deck if you hadn't intercepted them".

"Captain," Bert says, tucking his thumbs into his belt and giving her a nod. "Much as I like your company, and hate snakes, I'd sooner fight a hundred snakes on land than a single one on a boat again."

He gazes out towards where the distant coast hazes the horizon: "Dry ground can't come soon enough. Although it's gettin' hot enough to make me miss Kalsgard. Sweatin' in armour's the bleedin' worst!" By his tone you think that the only climate Bert enjoys is the opposite of whatever he's currently in.

Lore (Thuvia): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Society: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"Ah, we're like a single, well-bearded mind there Hammick. Osirion scholar talked my ear off one evenin' in Absalom - he was buyin' drinks so I let him - but the fella wouldn't shut up about how Zinlo didn't give two rats asses for scholarship an' lore an' all that."

Envoy's Alliance

Male CG male Human HP 5/18 | AC 17(19w/Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5| Stealth +5 | speed 25 | Rogue 1

Lore(Thuvia: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Society: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Kutu shrugs, "There's sand. That's all I know."

Laughing at Bert, Kutu replies "Maybe we all should consider growing ourselves a beard. That seems to be where all the knowledge is based"


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

A southerly wind blows, giving a much needed chill in this hot climate. As the wind courses through you, perhaps you all remember the letter from Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin handed to you when the ship docked in Merab.

Ambrus Valsin wrote:

Pathfinders,

A reliable source of goods, information, and ancient artifacts became lost to the Society when the Ruby Prince of Osirion closed access to his country’s ruins and sites of interest. As our last extant licenses there have expired, I fear that door is closed to us for the foreseeable future. Fortunately, when some doors close, other doors open. Prince Zinlo of the Thuvian city-state Aspenthar now sells licenses that allow others to access the Osirian ruins located nearby.

The prince’s agents say that ruins are numerous and artifacts sure to be bountiful, but Zinlo is not legendary for his moral compass. The terms of the license I have read contain troubling loopholes that suggest that we could find all, some, or none of what we hope to find at the site that we licensed for a high premium. The task I have for you is to first find a means of entry into the site, which is located on a seaside cliff near Aspenthar. Next, you need to secure the site, ridding it of any remaining threats or hazards. While you’re securing the site, it would be useful if you keep an eye out for what kind of situation our full exploration team will be setting foot in.

You’ll meet with a representative of Zinlo’s named Gol Amri at the Aspenthar docks five days from now at noon. She will provide you with a guide to the site. Once you secure the site, you can return to the docks to meet with the exploration team leader, Kyreen Tael, and give her your report.

Make haste with no waste,
Ambrus Valsin

From the deck of the Wandering Hearth you can make out that the streets of Aspenthar showcase the trappings of wealth and militarization in equal measure. The main road cutting through the heart of the city is patterned with brilliant mosaic stonework, and to each side are seemingly endless rows of proud and opulent structures. The neatly ordered streets give way to the city’s chaotic and bustling docks, where a Garundi woman waits wearing subtle but expensive-looking clothing. She extends her hands in a grand welcoming gesture.

“Welcome, Pathfinders. I am Gol Amri. I greet you as a representative of the great Prince Zinlo. Let us conduct our business! I am sure you are eager to search for hidden treasures, and I wish you no delay.”

Please check the maps for images. You can download the letter as a PDF if you wish.

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

”May Fortune favour you,” Orla says in greeting. ”I am Orla Pfeffenpfoffer of the Pathfinder Society. Your city is beautiful! I confess to not knowing much about Thuvia, but I’m as eager to learn of the hidden treasures of your country as I am to seek out any in an Osirian ruin. What can you tell me of local custom, Gol?”

Orla listens keenly.

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Hammick adjusting his armor.
"Good day ta ya Master Amri. Me name is Hammick sunborn, we have been north in the cold. Any advice on how to deal with dis heat?"


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Gol Amri bristles at Orla's familiarity and perky face. A moment later, she regains her composure, although her face is tense. She answers curtly to both of you. "Osirian... I thought you were here for business, and not unimportant things such as... tourism, Pathfinder."

She turns to Hammick "As for clothes, sir, I do not see the relevance of telling you to wear silks and cottons if you're already dressed with hot leathers. I thought such dainty wear does not benefit you... adventurer types. If you want to know more, ask your guide. He should have been here by now.", she says while eyeing the dockside impatiently.

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

Orla blushes at the rebuke.

”My apologies if I have offended. Perhaps learning more of your country and other unimportant things, as you said, can wait until after we take care of business. We are busy adventurer types, after all.”

Orla smiles sweetly, then pointedly turns her back on Gol and pretends to gaze out over the docks.


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Gol Amri, appears visibly flustered at having to deal with Pathfinders, plasters a smile on her face; her eyes darting around as if she wished she could be somewhere else rather than here. Just as a small frown begins to draw itself on her face, a stocky dark-skinned dwarf with vibrantly purple-red hair makes his way through the docks, saluting dockworkers and sailors alike with a smile and a wave. Just as he's arriving towards your group, Gol Amari speaks up, her voice harsh and shrill. "You're late. How long did you plan to make me— humph, make our esteemed guests wait? The prince—"

"Now, now Miss Amri", his voice gruff, but accompanied by a charming smile. "Let's not make a scene fer our guests, ey?" He bows and says. "Sefu Moyo, at your service! I'll be your guide ta the site, ey? Are ye ready ta go? The site's 'bout an hour from here on foot." Gol Amri rolls her eyes, but keeps her face blank as Sefu Moyo goes around and shakes each of your hands. His hands feel calloused, yet his handshake is soft as he greets each of you.

Without a word, Gol Amri leaves, her lithe figure rapidly vanishing from the dockside and onto the busy streets. Sefu Moyo watches her go, smiles and shrugs. "Welcome ta Aspenthar! Hope that wasn't offputtin'."

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

”I’ve known warmer cellars in Kalsgard than the greeting that we just enjoyed,” Orla laughs, eyeing the dwarf with a relieved expression on her face, ”but I’m very glad to make your acquaintance, Captain Moyo. I am Orla Pfeffenpfoffer of the Pathfinder Society. May Fortune favour you.”


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

"Pleasure is mine, miss Pf-Pfenffen-pf...Pfenffen-pf-offer", he says with some difficulty at the plosives and fricatives of Orla's surname. "Although, I should warn you, I'm no Captain, ey. Just your guide ta the site."

He rubs his beard and grins at seeing two of his brethren in the group. He claps his hands together. "It's a pleasure ta see you my kin. The Waybringer always provides those who travel. Now then, are you ready ta go? I was told you needed ta secure the site before the others arrive tomorrow. If you need ta shop for some things, ey, there's some decent shops around here. Any questions, then?", he says chuckling a deep belly laugh.

Horizon Hunters

Hero Points: 1 | Human Male Scoundrel Rogue 1 | AC 18 | HP 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Percep: +6 (+7 vs traps) | Passive Abilities: Read Lips, Trap Finding

Seeing Gol Amri bristle at the familiarity Gabros will maintain a reserved air. He will give a neat bow in way of greeting

Politics Lore to behave in an appropriate manner: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
If appropriate he will kiss her hand. Also please adjust the following if Gabros would know its incorrect
"I apologize for the condition of my colleges. They are overwhelmed by the wonders of your land. I shall ensure they maintain focus and guide their actions in conjunction with the adviser provided, whose tardiness is certainly no fault of the esteemed Prince Zinlo."


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Gol Amri would have given an elegant bow to Gabros, "Yes, yes. To business. You have a site to secure. Where is Sefu-", she would begin to mutter about something before letting things drop.

Horizon Hunters

N male Rock Dwarf Fighter 1 HP 22/22 | AC 17(19w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +5 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Stealth +0 | speed 20 |

Bert watches Gol Amri retreat, and mutters: "Well ain't she a ray of ray of sunshine. I've eaten lemons that were less sour."

He turns to Sefu with a beaming smile upon his face: "MATE: look at your beard. Your hair! Is that a local thing or did Shelyn herself bless yeh with the colour? Imagine me like that, I'd be the prettiest dwarf in all Avistan," he laughs uproariously at his own joke.

"Or mayhaps it turned that colour with all the secret knowledge it be holdin'," he flashes a wink at Kutu.


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Sefu Moyo laughs and gives Bert a firm slap on the shoulder. "My kin, I am Taralu Ergaksen." He touches the dwarf bun at the top of his head fondly before turning serious. "The Father of All has blessed us with sodalite hair ta remind us that even if we are far from the mountain, we carry the mountain with us, ey." He grins with a twinkle in his eye.

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

"Well at least we will know where the best drink is in town."
Smiling at Taralu
"Me name is Hammick Sunborn, what can ye tell us aboot the site?
Why was that ray of sunshine calling you Sefu Moyo and where is he?"
Pointing to Amri as she walks away.
Hammick asks as a bead of sweat rolls off his forehead from the heat.

Horizon Hunters

Hero Points: 1 | Human Male Scoundrel Rogue 1 | AC 18 | HP 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Percep: +6 (+7 vs traps) | Passive Abilities: Read Lips, Trap Finding

Gabros tips his hat to his new dwarf friend.
”Well met Taralu Ergaksen. I am Lord Gabros Orlovsky. I understand you are to be our local guide and advisor.”
It seems there is more at play here than it first seems. Though we knew there was a chance of that. Well it is not as if I have not danced the merry dance of political niceties more than once before.


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Bert and Hammick would immediately have known that Ergaksen is a dwarven term for surface dwarves; dwarves who no longer live on mountains nor underground. We'll retcon you're aware of this. Everyone can roll a Society check for info on the word Taralu. Bert and Hammick have a +1 racial bonus to this roll.

Society DC 15:
Taralu dwarves come from the eastern jungles of the Mwangi Expanse. If you wish to know more information, you could ask him.

"My kin, I'm ashamed ta say I know little of the site. It's on a cliff by the sea not far from here. Your Society has already had supplies shipped there. Come, come, we can talk on the way. Staying here in the sun is no good for out brains, ey?"

He begins to walk down the docks, his thickly bearded face turning to see you are following him. He speaks to Gabros:

"A lord in the Pathfinders, ey? Now that's something. Well met! Mister Orlovsky, you are not my lord nor my kin, but I will respect you if you respect me not bowing and kissin' your boots, ey? You are correct, I'll be your guide, as for advisor, I'll do my best.", he says with a wide smile, his ebony and wooden talismans jingling as he turns back to face the docks.

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

Society Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

”I think you’ll find that Taralu dwarves come from the eastern regions of the Mwangi Expanse. I think you may have mistaken Master Moyo.” Orla winks at her comrades.

Horizon Hunters

Hero Points: 1 | Human Male Scoundrel Rogue 1 | AC 18 | HP 16/16 | Fort: +3, Ref: +9, Will: +6 | Percep: +6 (+7 vs traps) | Passive Abilities: Read Lips, Trap Finding

Society: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Gabros covers his embarrassment with a charming smile. ”That sounds like a plan Master Taralu. What was it that the welcoming Gol Amri started to say to you before she cut herself short?”

Horizon Hunters

N male Rock Dwarf Fighter 1 HP 22/22 | AC 17(19w/shield) | F +7 R +5 W +5 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Stealth +0 | speed 20 |

Society: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"Ahhhhh," Bert nods knowingly, trying to disguise his complete ignorance of the term. "Taraluuuuuu, right ya are."

Orla Pfeffenpfoffer wrote:
”I think you’ll find that Taralu dwarves come from the eastern regions of the Mwangi Expanse. I think you may have mistaken Master Moyo.”

"I knew that. No wonder yeh not sufferin' like the rest of us in this roastin' heat. How much of a walk is it to the site? I might melt like an out-a-season snowman 'fore we get there. Just be a puddle o' dwarven sweat soakin the sands."

Envoy's Alliance

Male CG male Human HP 5/18 | AC 17(19w/Nimble Dodge) | F +5 R +7 W +5 | Perc +5| Stealth +5 | speed 25 | Rogue 1

Having grown up with jungle orcs Kutu pays no mind to the gruffness of Gol. "She reminds me of old Yarzol," he thinks to himself with a chuckle. He nods at her not bothering to introduce himself.

At the arrival of their Dwarven guide Kutu studies him very closely knowing that they will very dependent on his knowledge.

Society: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Realizing that he is one of the jungle dwarves from the Expanse he relaxes and adds. "My tribe has traded with the occasional Taralu the few times we've come across them. Their tools and goods were always of a good quality.

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Society: 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 0 + 1 = 11
Hammick just shrugs his shoulders having no idea what people are talking about.
"Ah have heard of magic's that can help with dis heat. Would dis market place have anything like that?"

keeping in step with the others so not to be left behind
"What type of supplies are there at the site already?"


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Still marching down the docks of Aspenthar, Sefu Moyo, expertly guides you through the people, crates and obstacles of the busy waterside. When Kutu speaks to him, he turns to answer. "Oh, aye? It's good ta know you appreciate our tools. Although most of us are struck by wanderlust an' end up working as guides, ey." At Gabros' comment, he cocks his head, his easy smile disappears and gives way to a face all too visibly uncomfortable "Miss Amri, well... you know how things are 'round here, ey. There are... ways ta be observed. I'd rather not talk about it.." He coughs dryly composing himself before answering Bert. "Kinsman, it's not far. 'bout an hour or so. It's near the sea, so at least the water will keep you fresh! As fer supplies, it's a crate with a rope ladder, metal anchors an' rock hammers. Oh, just you wait! It's one 'ell of a cliff you'll need to climb down ta reach the site!"

"Ah", he says as you're reaching the end of town. "There's some shops 'round here, too."

Does anyone want to do some last minute shopping before you leave the city? You can buy things as I'll note in the Discussion Thread.

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

”Should we maybe get some climbing gear, then?” asks Orla thoughtfully.

Orla will purchase a climber’s kit for 5sp.

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

Double down on climbing kit for Inzo! 5SP.

With a textbook mood for Inzo, he's excited about the goings on in Garund.

"Orla, you've been doing a cracker job sorting out the next gig. Still a little adjacent to my workplace experience, but it's a bit tough to work Lumberyard shift manager into adventuring. Nonetheless, we'll take this job and do it well."

Inzo only needs some formal climbing equipment and then he'll be ready to head out for this adventure.

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Hammick will pick up some climbing gear as well 5sp

Seeing others get some climbing gear. Hammick decides to get some for himself.
"Dis could be better than just me grapple and rope."

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

Orla makes sure to fill her waterskin before heading out from Aspenthar with her new climbing tools. She also changes into her fine silken robes of Tien origin. At the looks askance from her team, she laughs.

"It's better to be comfortable, ain't it? Plus, I might as well get the benefits of not having to wear armour."

Ready to travel.

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

Thinking it's been enough time, Inzo will pry again

"Mister Sunborn, would I be right in thinking you're one of them sand-dwarves. Ouat I think they're called? Are we going to your hometown? What's ya story?"

Inzo is ready to travel too


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

"Well, it shall be made, ey?", Sefu says as you leave the city's limits before guiding you off towards your destination. You march along the waterside edge of Aspenthar, leaving the city and continuing on for nearly an hour to a seemingly unremarkable stretch of land bordered by a cliff-side overlook of the Inner Sea. The terrain grows gradually steeper and several times Sefu has to warn you of loose rocks and other hazards along the way. "Pay attention ta these spots I'm tellin' you about. You'll need ta remember these fer the return trip." By the time Sefu motions to stop, he stands in the biting wind as large waves crash and rumble against the cliff.

Leaning through the subjugating wind, Sefu points downward to a barely visible landing that juts out from the cliff face, about sixty feet down. He grunts annoyingly and yells in order to be overheard by the crash of the wind and surf. “NOT EXACTLY WHAT I’D CALL A FUN CLIMB, BUT THAT’S THE SITE DOWN THERE, EY!” He then points away from the cliff's edge to a crate left partially covered by sand several meters away. He walks you over there and opens the crate. Thankfully, the wind and surf isn't as loud as by the cliff-side, still the air is quite cool despite the midday heat. "Here's a rope ladder an' metal anchors, provided by your Society. Your exploration team needs a ladder attached in order ta get down inta the site. Lucky fer them, your doin' the hard work, ey." He dusts his hands off, puts them on his hips and gives a hearty laugh. "Well, my job's done. It's been a pleasure. The return trip should be easier, ey? Just watch your step an' remember those sections I warned you 'bout. To Returning.", he says with a small wave of his hand before walking back whistling towards Aspenthar.

Please check the discussion thread for the mechanics of your descent.

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 5/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: none

"Many thanks, Master Sefu!" Orla shouts over the surf in farewell, having taken close notice of the areas pointed out by the dwarf en route.

Survival Check (to notice): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The halfling then uses her sharp eyes to pick out hidden handholds in the cliffside.

I'll apply my Keen Senses +2 bonus to pick out hidden/concealed things. Subtract 2 if not appropriate.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23

She points out what she sees, then pulls her climbing kit from her pack, offering it to the group.

"Now, boys, who's climbing? It should be someone who feels comfortable using this thing. That's not me, by Desna's wings."

Orla has a -1 to Athletics.


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Sefu waves back without looking back. He eventually disappears as he goes down the incline. Fortunately, Orla remembers where all the treacherous sections of the route were and commits them to memory.

Upon looking down where Sefu Moyo pointed earlier, the wind screaming in her ears, Orla can see that the cliff-side is a slippery, 40 to 50-foot descent before the surf hits the cliff. Luck seems to hold with the party, as there are no rocks below. Thankfully, the halfling is able to spot several natural handholds that could aid their descent.

(Thanks to Orla you all have a +1 circumstance bonus to your Athletics check. If you have a climbing kit you would also get a +1 item bonus to that same check.)

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

"I was made for this! just an hour ago I was wondering when I'd get something along my line of work. Come on Bert! Tie to me and let's go!"

Inzo will tie himself to whoever is willing, and then begin climbing.

Spoiler is included below which has my climbing rolls once someone agrees to climb with me

My climb checks once I'm tied to someone:
Climbing down: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 17
Climbing down: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 26
Climbing down: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 22

Verdant Wheel

[Male:] Strong-Blooded Dwarf Ranger / 1: LN ancestry (Scout) | speed 20|: HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +8 W +4 | Perc +7 | Stealth +6 |focus #/# | spells 1 #/# 2 #/# etc | Active Conditions: Darkvision

Being a scout Hammick looks for the best way down.
Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
"Ah see so good hand holds there and there." He points out.
"Did some climbing in the caves, dis one has some challenge to it. But I think I can make it with out too much problem. Anyone else has skills in climbing that want to join me?"
Hammick asks as he gets his climbing gear on. He then anchors his grappling hook in the ground and uses it as a safety line in case he slips. When he and others are ready, he starts to climb down.

Climbing:

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Athletics: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18
Athletics: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
dice+skill+climbing kit


GMT -6 | Sign-up Sheet | Sandstone Secret Map | Etran's Folly Map | Outpost III - #01-12 The Burden of Envy |

Wow, you guys are amazing!

With incredible skill both Inzo and Hammick make their way down the cliff-side, some of the others waiting with bated breath as they find handholds and deftly begin to anchor the rope ladder. Although some of the handholds crumbled under their fingers, they managed to secure themselves thanks to their climbing kits. Orla's and Hammick's observations came in handy as both Pathfinders made their way below.

Several times, especially near the end of the descent, the surf smacked into Inzo, yet the lumberjack held on, firmly grabbing the handholds, although soaking wet. Once during the halfway point, a fierce gale struck Hammick, making him almost lose his grip, yet he hung on, his experience spelunking in caverns patently obvious.

In less than 30 minutes and under the conflicting sensations of desert heat, warm surf, humidity and cool rock, Hammick and Inzo have managed to descend to the cliff entrance. The rope ladder is secure and everyone can now climb down without a problem, although you'll all get wet from the surf.

Horizon Hunters

N male Unbreakable Goblin Ranger 1 HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft | sheet

Inzo leaps into the air and cheers "now THAT was thrilling!" Turning to the rest of the group, he points down the cave entrance "Now this is an adventure I can get behind. Can't believe they pay you for this."

Inzo will sneak inside and see what riches he can find.
stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

1 to 50 of 157 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Deneve's Q1-06 Archeology in Aspenthar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.