GM Jhaeman's "Sanctum of a Lost Age" (Inactive)

Game Master Jhaeman

Thornkeep Module, Tier 6-8

Maps & Handouts


351 to 400 of 560 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 6 | ~HP: 54/54 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:22, Fort:+4, Ref:+13, Will:+7, Init:+5, Perception:+21 (+22 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Religion {Clear Ear/Aid/Inspiration}: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 + 4 + (5) = 32


The ghostly figure notices you for the first time as Ridley begins to speak. ”Ah, you must have been sent by “Rozimus.” I’m surprised that idiotic schemer Vuzhon actually kept her word. Her soul must have died in tremendous anger and pain when the time-lock was shattered. I wish I could have seen it.” He sighs wistfully. ”Well, no matter. My brilliance is confirmed, and her folly is proved. And you’ve done your part without my needing to even instruct you. You may depart. I have a world to explore.”

Kivuli:
This is what it looks like: a ghost. Normally ghosts are the undead ectoplasmic remnants of restless souls, trapped on the Material Plane due to some great injustice (either real or perceived). Ghosts are normally filled with wrath and vengeance, and are difficult to truly destroy unless the reason for their existence is set right. But the ghost in front of you doesn’t seem to share this sort of common origin. You know that, in general, ghosts are able to pass through walls and solid objects, that their mere touch can drain the life from creatures, and that they can sometimes possess the bodies of living creatures for a short time.

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Unchained Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

Setare is totally confused.

"You ... ehh ... kno... know our deceased co... companion Rozimus? And ... ehhh ... who is Vuzhon?" she asks confused.

She still is looking at Kivuli for answers what this is she is talking to!


Cackling laughter comes from the ghostly figure. "Who is Vuzhon indeed! Long forgotten by the world above, and now utter nothingness. She thought her knowledge of soul-transference trumped my own researches into true eternal being. I only hope her last waking thought before annihilation was of my superiority. But enough idle chatter with peons. By killing Rozimus, you created a paradox and destroyed the time-lock. For this service, you have earned temporary sufferance. Begone now, and try not my patience. I am eternal, but it is not."


”Amiri” | Female CN Medium Human Barbarian 7 | HP 75/75 (IN RAGE 89/89)| AC 20, T 13, FF 18 | CMD 25| F +7 R +4 W +3; +2 vs. fear(IN RAGE Fort +9, Will +5;) ; +2 vs. traps | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Rage 12/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions:.

Taman enters the room. "I've had enough of this! You will now face my sword!"

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 6 | ~HP: 54/54 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:22, Fort:+4, Ref:+13, Will:+7, Init:+5, Perception:+21 (+22 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

To Setare and the rest of the party, "It's a ghost, but like none I have encountered before."

The rogue pulls a scroll from his pack.

UMD vs DC 23: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Bless Weapon

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Whoa whoa! Calm down. Hey buddy, what exactly is the time lock? You guys keep talking about it, but I have no foggy idea what you mean, and I know pretty much everything about everything.

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Unchained Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

Setare felt that this being is evil and is still not sure what to do.

She looks at Kivuli.

"How ca... can we stop this be... being?? Can we ju ... just attack it? I ne ... never faced a ghost!" Setare says with some insecurity.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 32*/ touch 15*/ ff 32*; hp 68/68 gecko 15/15, F+13, R+8*, W+12, Speed 50* (Gecko 70*) ft. Continuous Auras: 10 feet: +4 morale bonus on saves vs. charm and fear effects. BUFFS: feather step (gecko), divine favor, Protection vs. Evil, Sanctified Shield, antitoxin, antiplague; CMB +2, CMD +3

"Sir, I believe we have not been introduced. I am Captain Raynor of the Fearsome Tide, and if your knowledge exceeds Master Zane's here, I believe it would be futile to try to understand your life's work. What I am interested in knowing, however, is how to rescue our fellow Pathfinders, and that includes Rozimus. If you know how to manipulate or trick this place into returning Rozimus and the others, we would be much obliged and willing to listen to your advice. If you require a favor or a payment in exchange for this service, please do not hesitate to inform us of your price."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20


The ghostly figure looks as dismissively at Luke as a soldier would scoff at a mouse.

To Raynor's question, the figure says "The time-lock is broken, and now there is only the present. There is no un-doing what has been done. Now: leave."

DC 20 Sense Motive:
You have a hunch that this figure already had little patience and thinks you're all beneath his notice. If questioning persists, he'll try to swat you like an annoying fly.

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Unchained Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

Setare is uncertain.

She remembers a saying from her training as a paladin of the Dawnflower.

The best battle is a battle I win. If I die, I can no longer fight.

Setare looks at the others.

“Let us go!“ and she walks out slowly.

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Ridley, utterly oblivious to social cues, continues the conversation with the rude ghost.

Hey Buddy! Before we go, What was your name? Wouldn't be Togarin, would it?

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 6 | ~HP: 54/54 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:22, Fort:+4, Ref:+13, Will:+7, Init:+5, Perception:+21 (+22 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Invisible and now with blade enchanted, the rogue begins to stalk around the room.

Fast Stealth {Invisible}: 1d20 + 23 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 23 + 20 = 57


The wizardly ghost looks irritated at yet another interruption. "Yes, I am Togarin. Perhaps my reputation must be restored in this decaying age."

It's clear the ghost is about to take hostile action.

Initiative (Round 1)

Ridley
Setare
Luke
Carina

Togarin
Kivuli
Raynor

Bold may go!

GM Dice:

Initiative (Setare): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Initiative (Ridley w/ H.A.): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Initiative (Carina): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Initiative (Luke): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Initiative (Raynor): 1d20 ⇒ 2
Initiative (Kivuli): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Initiative (ghost): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Ridley, I used your heightened awareness for Initiative.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Human (Varisian) Fortune-teller and Field Scribe 9 | HP: 59/59| AC: 12( 12Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0| Speed 30ft | Active conditions:
Spoiler:
none

Carina nods, as she steps forward quickly. "Setare, This was inevitable," she fatalistically says to the swordswoman near her, as she draws a thin black string of licorice root, and with a twisting motion, she snaps the piece in two before letting the world seemingly slow down for the party.

Move
Cast Haste. I effect everyone, including Raynor's mount. Since I have see Invis up, I'm aware of Kivuli, I hope.


”Amiri” | Female CN Medium Human Barbarian 7 | HP 75/75 (IN RAGE 89/89)| AC 20, T 13, FF 18 | CMD 25| F +7 R +4 W +3; +2 vs. fear(IN RAGE Fort +9, Will +5;) ; +2 vs. traps | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Rage 12/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions:.

Luke steps closer and starts hitting Togarin.

+2 Large bastard sword - powerattack: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 - 2 = 25
damage: 2d8 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 12 + 6 = 22


As Carina's magic takes effect, Luke brings his bastard sword to bear on Togarin. The blade slides almost effortlessly through the wizard's ghostly form, but wisps of ectoplasm are torn away by the strike. "You dare! shouts the wizard.

Luke, the attack did half damage.

Ridley & Setare are up, and then we'll see if this ghost-wizard can do anything.

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley will ready an action to toss a bomb should the wizard begin casting a spell.

Range Touch: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 34
Fire damage: 4d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5, 1, 6) + 8 + 1 = 22

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Unchained Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

Setare drops her cold iron scimitar and draws her magical, broken scimitar during her hasted move forward.

She knows the evil in this being and smites it!

Setare attacks with her Scimitar.

Swift action: Smite Evil on opponent so ignoring all DR of opponent and gaining +4 deflection bonus makes it AC 29 and CMD 27 including haste!

Scimitar +1 primary attack roll, Piranha Strike -2, broken-2, harrow +1, smite +4, haste +1 : 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 - 2 = 28
Damage roll, piranha strike +4, broken-2, Smite +4 first attack undead : 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 + 4 - 2 = 16

In case Setare is attacked she uses 'Opportune Parry' and parries by using an AoO to parry and spends a panache point (so if the attack roll of the opponent is lower than Setare's parry then the opponent does not hit and Setare could potentially riposte)

Opportune Parry, broken -2, Smite +4: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 2 + 4 = 34

In case Setare successfully parries she uses 'Riposte' as an immediate action to attack the opponent that attacked her.

Scimitar +1 primary attack roll, Piranha Strike -2, broken-2, harrow +1, smite +4, haste +1 : 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 - 2 = 23
Damage roll, piranha strike +4, broken-2, Smite +2 : 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 2 - 2 = 13

* *

Using Bodyguard feat to increase adjacent allies’ AC vs. melee attacks by +4 with aid another by using 3 of 7 AoOs against the next three attacks of the opponent (success on every roll that is not a natural 1) so please increase AC accordingly:

Bodyguard 1 : 1d20 ⇒ 15; Bodyguard 2 : 1d20 ⇒ 7; Bodyguard 3 : 1d20 ⇒ 3


Setare's scimitar, although cracked, proves useful in further weakening Togarin!


A fearsome look of wrath comes into Togarin’s eyes! ”You meddlers should learn your place! He grins wickedly. ”Let’s see what this new form can do!” He reaches out a ghostly hand to touch Luke and the merest brush of the wizard's fingers fills the barbarian with incredible agony! The ghost-wizard then seems to disappear into the stone floor right in front of you!

Everyone within 30’ (which I think is everyone—Raynor, make sure to include your mount) takes 11 points of damage from experiencing the pure hatred in Togarin’s eyes. In addition, each person must make a DC 19 Fortitude save or also take 1 point of Charisma damage.

Luke, you take 46 points of damage but can attempt a DC 19 Fortitude save for half damage.

The ghost's gaze attack is automatic, standard attack to do a corrupting touch, and then a 5' step "down" into the floor giving it total cover.

GM Dice:

gaze damage: 2d10 ⇒ (1, 10) = 11
gaze Cha damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Touch attack vs. Luke: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Corrupting Touch damage: 12d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 6, 3, 4, 3, 1, 2, 6, 5, 1) = 46


Initiative (Round 1)

Ridley
Setare
Luke
Carina
Togarin
Kivuli
Raynor

Bold may go!

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Unchained Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

fort , protection from evil: 0 + 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ 0 + (10) + 12 + 2 = 24


Forget about the gaze stuff for now--as Raynor correctly points out, if it has sunk into the ground, you can't be subject to its gaze attack.


”Amiri” | Female CN Medium Human Barbarian 7 | HP 75/75 (IN RAGE 89/89)| AC 20, T 13, FF 18 | CMD 25| F +7 R +4 W +3; +2 vs. fear(IN RAGE Fort +9, Will +5;) ; +2 vs. traps | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Rage 12/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions:.

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 6 | ~HP: 54/54 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:22, Fort:+4, Ref:+13, Will:+7, Init:+5, Perception:+21 (+22 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Kivuli holds his movement and his blade until he can determine where the dead wizard went.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28

Readied Action {Enemy in range}: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 32*/ touch 15*/ ff 32*; hp 68/68 gecko 15/15, F+13, R+8*, W+12, Speed 50* (Gecko 70*) ft. Continuous Auras: 10 feet: +4 morale bonus on saves vs. charm and fear effects. BUFFS: feather step (gecko), divine favor, Protection vs. Evil, Sanctified Shield, antitoxin, antiplague; CMB +2, CMD +3

Raynor coats his lance with a violet substance, and says "Ready yourselves with spells and if you have some kind of ghost bane, weapons as well!!" He then spurs his mount forward along the ceiling into the next room to join his fellow Pathfinders.

Raynor applies Holy Weapon Balm to his lance


Initiative (Round 2)

Ridley
Setare
Luke
Carina

Togarin
Kivuli
Raynor

Bold may go!

Dark Archive

Female CG Human (Varisian) Fortune-teller and Field Scribe 9 | HP: 59/59| AC: 12( 12Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0| Speed 30ft | Active conditions:
Spoiler:
none

Fort Save,DC 19: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Carina and her duplicates enter the room, making sure that she stays within Raynor's attack reach as she pulls a loop of leather from her pouch, stretches it onto her wrist, and lets it rest there as it flares up with a silver light, seemingly burning the leather from within.

move
Cast Displacement on myself

EDIT: Reminder to everyone: Haste is up

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Unchained Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

Setare delays.


”Amiri” | Female CN Medium Human Barbarian 7 | HP 75/75 (IN RAGE 89/89)| AC 20, T 13, FF 18 | CMD 25| F +7 R +4 W +3; +2 vs. fear(IN RAGE Fort +9, Will +5;) ; +2 vs. traps | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Rage 12/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions:.

Luke delays.


A very deadly game of cat & mouse! Ridley, you're up and then Togarin.

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley will adjust his position and quaff an extract of resist energy: fire.


The ghostly wizard emerges in the room behind you and instantly begins casting a spell! Suddenly a gout of liquid fire fills the chamber you're in! Togarin cackles. "A cliche, I know. But soon I'll learn what new magic this world has to offer!"

Everyone within the room needs to roll a DC 18 Reflex save. If you fail the save, you take 25 points of damage. If you make the save, you take 12 points of damage. Raynor, your mount will need to make a DC 30 Climb check to keep hanging from the ceiling if it takes damage--on a failure, you and it will fall and land prone for 2d6 damage.

The ghost did one move action gliding along inside the floor before emerging just on the other side of the doorway (because it total cover for the movement, this didn't provoke). It then did a concentration check to cast a spell without provoking another AoO.

GM Dice:

Casting Defensively w/ Combat Casting vs. DC 21: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31
Damage: 10d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 2, 4, 1, 2, 2, 5, 1) = 25


Initiative (Round 2)

Ridley
Setare
Luke
Carina
Togarin
Kivuli
Raynor

Bold may go!

Setare and Luke, you delayed so you can also go before the round is over (though it'll move your permanently to that point in the Initiative order).

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Reflex: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 2 = 34

Ridley dodges the worst of the blast, and his magical protection shields him from the rest.

Hey! Blowing things up is my job!

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 6 | ~HP: 54/54 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:22, Fort:+4, Ref:+13, Will:+7, Init:+5, Perception:+21 (+22 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Kivuli somersaults and cartwheels through the flames.

Reflex vs DC 18: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Evasion+ save = No Damage

Still invisible, he rushed through the doorway.
Fast stealth {Invisible}: 1d20 + 23 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 23 + 20 = 63
Hasted move

Estoc vs FLAT FOOTED {Haste/Aligned Weapon (good)/Power Attack}: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Unfortunately, I believe ghosts/incorporeal are immune to critical hits and precision damage. Thus, not confirmation roll or Sneak Damage


”Amiri” | Female CN Medium Human Barbarian 7 | HP 75/75 (IN RAGE 89/89)| AC 20, T 13, FF 18 | CMD 25| F +7 R +4 W +3; +2 vs. fear(IN RAGE Fort +9, Will +5;) ; +2 vs. traps | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Rage 12/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions:.

REF: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

25 points of damage

Luke again moves closer to Togarin .

+2 Large bastard sword - powerattack - flank: 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 15 - 2 + 2 = 22
damage: 2d8 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 12 + 6 = 27

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 32*/ touch 15*/ ff 32*; hp 68/68 gecko 15/15, F+13, R+8*, W+12, Speed 50* (Gecko 70*) ft. Continuous Auras: 10 feet: +4 morale bonus on saves vs. charm and fear effects. BUFFS: feather step (gecko), divine favor, Protection vs. Evil, Sanctified Shield, antitoxin, antiplague; CMB +2, CMD +3

Raynor Ref, Haste: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 12dmg
Mount Ref, Haste: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 12dmg
Mount Climb: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28 FAIL
Raynor falling dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 prone
Mount falling dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 prone and dying

Raynor and Mozza land prone on the hard stone floor with a deafening clang as the fullplate hits the ground. His mount no longer moving, Raynor rises, casting a sad look upon his long-time mount. He still remembers the time he bought it in the markets of Katheer, the riding gecko still the size of a dog back then. If the fates allow, he will tend to it as soon as this ghost is no longer a threat, but for now his duty was to his fellow Pathfinders.

He attempts to strike at the apparition, carefully avoiding Carina. As he peaks around her he takes sight of the horrific apparition, and his very soul appears to recoil and shudder at the sight, while his eyes begin to burn and his head begins to pound with intense pain.

"On your left, Lady Carina, let me... AAAAAAAAAARGH!! WHAT-IS-THIS-THING?!!?" stammers Raynor, his thoughts turning to the Harborwing immediately for blessed comfort. --May your holy power guide my lance!--

Raynor Fort vs. Gaze: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 11dmg but no Cha dmg I believe- GM to confim
+1 Adamantine Lance, Not Mounted, Smite Evil, Soft Cover, Haste: 1d20 + 16 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 3 - 4 + 1 = 22
pure dmg (bypasses all DRs), Smite Evil Undead First Strike, Holy Weapon Balm: 1d8 + 10 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 16 = 27
Lay On Hands Self, Swift: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 5, 5) = 16

AC vs. Ghost AC 35/ touch 18/ ff 35

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Unchained Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21 (Evasion), W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

Setare moves and attacks with her Scimitar.

Scimitar +1 primary attack roll, Piranha Strike -2, broken-2, harrow +1, smite +4, haste +1 : 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 - 2 = 29
Damage roll, piranha strike +4, broken-2, Smite +2 : 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 12

In case Setare is attacked she uses 'Opportune Parry' and parries by using an AoO to parry and spends a panache point (so if the attack roll of the opponent is lower than Setare's parry then the opponent does not hit and Setare could potentially riposte)

Opportune Parry, broken -2, Smite +4: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 13 - 2 + 4 = 24

In case Setare successfully parries she uses 'Riposte' as an immediate action to attack the opponent that attacked her.

Scimitar +1 primary attack roll, Piranha Strike -2, broken-2, harrow +1, smite +4, haste +1 : 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 - 2 = 17
Damage roll, piranha strike +4, broken-2, Smite +2 : 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 4 + 2 - 2 = 17

* *

Using Bodyguard feat to increase adjacent allies’ AC vs. melee attacks by +4 with aid another by using 3 of 7 AoOs against the next three attacks of the opponent (success on every roll that is not a natural 1) so please increase AC accordingly:

Bodyguard 1 : 1d20 ⇒ 1
; Bodyguard 2 : 1d20 ⇒ 5
; Bodyguard 3 : 1d20 ⇒ 20


Emerging from invisibility Kivuli has no trouble slashing the ghost with his estoc. His attack provides a perfect distraction for Luke, who lands another blow with his bastard sword, tearing away more ectoplasm. But the most powerful strike comes from Raynor, as the Taldan knight recovers quickly from a fall and plunges his holy balm-enhanced lance directly into Togarin’s abdomen. The blow lands with full force, leaving the ghostly wizard almost dissipated. But enough rage remains to fuel one last attack if he's not destroyed soon!

Luke and Kivuli, if you were within 30’ and in line of sight of the ghost at the beginning of your turn, you’ll be subject to the ghost’s gaze attack. You’ll take 15 points of damage and need to roll a DC 19 Fortitude save or take 3 points of Charisma damage.

Setare, from the map I think the ghost will have total cover from you—I don’t think there’s room for you to attack unless you want to move through the doorway and provoke an AoO. You can choose a different action for coming out of delay if you’d like, but when you take your turn check to see if you fit the gaze criteria above.

GM Dice:

gaze damage: 2d10 ⇒ (10, 5) = 15
Gaze Charisma: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Initiative (Round 3)

Ridley
Setare
Carina

Togarin
Kivuli
Luke
Raynor

Bold may go!

At the start of your turn, if you're within 30' of the ghost and in line of sight, you'll take 11 points of damage and need to make a DC 19 Fortitude save or take 3 points of Charisma damage.

One more good strike should do it!

GM Dice:

Gaze attack: 2d10 ⇒ (8, 3) = 11
Gaze Charisma damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 6 | ~HP: 54/54 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:22, Fort:+4, Ref:+13, Will:+7, Init:+5, Perception:+21 (+22 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Possible AoO?: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

EDIT: Forgot the save
Fort vs DC 19 {Inspiration}: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 + (4) = 20


”Amiri” | Female CN Medium Human Barbarian 7 | HP 75/75 (IN RAGE 89/89)| AC 20, T 13, FF 18 | CMD 25| F +7 R +4 W +3; +2 vs. fear(IN RAGE Fort +9, Will +5;) ; +2 vs. traps | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Rage 12/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions:.

FORT: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley will wait for the others before him to act so he doesn't accidentally splash his allies unless absolutely necessary. If the ghost is still up after Setare and Carina, Ridley will toss a bomb.

Ridley tosses a bomb!

Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17

Range Touch Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 17
Damage: 4d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 4) + 8 + 1 = 21

Going to GM reroll my attack roll

Attack Roll reroll: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 31

Ridley takes the Charisma damage!

Dark Archive

Female CG Human (Varisian) Fortune-teller and Field Scribe 9 | HP: 59/59| AC: 12( 12Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0| Speed 30ft | Active conditions:
Spoiler:
none

Fort Save, DC 19: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 3 CHR from this
Reflex Save, DC 19: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 25 damage from this

Carina jumps back to almost trip over Raynor's barely breathing mount. "It's not a cliche if it's effective," she says, as she swiftly draws three cards, frowns and replaces them in her belt pouch. With a quick switch of bags, she draws out a small black dragon scale, adding, "But you're right, there are alot of new tricks out there." And with that, she places the scale in her mouth, and takes a deep breath, before vomiting forth a geyser of noxious acid. The spray washes all over the ghost, and barely misses Setare, Raynor and Luke, before spattering on the wall in the next room.

5-foot
Harrow casting Dragon's Breath copying a Black Dragon, so a 60 foot line of acid. DC 21 Reflex, along the green line

Harrow spread:

Card 1: 1d6 + 1d9 ⇒ (5) + (7) = 12The Eclipse[Wis, LE]
Card 2: 1d6 + 1d9 ⇒ (6) + (1) = 7The Empty Throne[Chr, LG
Card 3: 1d6 + 1d9 ⇒ (4) + (4) = 8The Inquisitor[Int, LN]
Nothing useful unless he has spell resistance, in which case I add an additional +1 to the roll

Dragon's Breath: 8d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6, 4, 4, 5, 4, 2) = 30


An unearthly scream comes from Togarin as the acid washes over him and his ectoplasmic form seems to melt before your eyes. "Noooo! It's not possible! I'm immort--" The last of the ghost-wizard's words are cut off from annihilation.

Nice work Carina! I didn't even need to roll a save, as half damage was enough to destroy it.

We can go off Initiative, though Raynor's dying mount will need to be stabilized or start making checks.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 32*/ touch 15*/ ff 32*; hp 68/68 gecko 15/15, F+13, R+8*, W+12, Speed 50* (Gecko 70*) ft. Continuous Auras: 10 feet: +4 morale bonus on saves vs. charm and fear effects. BUFFS: feather step (gecko), divine favor, Protection vs. Evil, Sanctified Shield, antitoxin, antiplague; CMB +2, CMD +3

Raynor drops his lance and falls to his knees, drawing a wand of cure light wounds. "Stay with me, old chum... relax..."

Wand of CLW: 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 8, 1, 3) + 4 = 19

"There, that should do... take a minute to regain your bearing friend. There, drink this. Eat this..."

Raynor pets his faithful mount for a bit, making sure it's calm, watered and fed before climbing back on it. He hopes that the animal's short-term memory span will forget this dreadful fireball within moments so that the mount no longer retains a memory of the horrendous pain it endures in Raynor's service.


”Amiri” | Female CN Medium Human Barbarian 7 | HP 75/75 (IN RAGE 89/89)| AC 20, T 13, FF 18 | CMD 25| F +7 R +4 W +3; +2 vs. fear(IN RAGE Fort +9, Will +5;) ; +2 vs. traps | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Rage 12/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions:.

"Team, I needed your help. I was hurt pretty bad."

48 points down

Dark Archive

Female CG Human (Varisian) Fortune-teller and Field Scribe 9 | HP: 59/59| AC: 12( 12Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0| Speed 30ft | Active conditions:
Spoiler:
none

Carina coughs out the pitted remains of the scale she used, and scowls before washing her mouth out with water from her waterskin. "What a awful aftertaste," She idly complains as she turns her eyes to the corpse on the operating table. "I believe that this is one of the adventurers we came in here for," she announces to the room, as she begins to look over the body, "And unfortunately, I think the two wights that we fought were the other two. With that, I do think our primary mission is technically done. That being said, I would very much like to dig around in here to see if anything interesting can be salvaged from the remains of the time-effect." She pulls out her own wand of healing out, and fiddles with the wand to heal herself up, before turning to work on Luke as well. However, partway through healing Luke, the wand stops working for Carina, and she scowls with annoyance. "Oh, not now!" she grumbles before looking to the others to finish the job.

Rolls to UMD my CLW wand:

UMD: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24For: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22For: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22For: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 = 29For: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 = 33For: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23For: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22For: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 = 33For: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
That heals me up, at which I turn to Luke

UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23For: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22For: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 2 = 35For: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 2 = 20For: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 2 = 17Failed, but no mishap
UMD: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 2 = 16Failed, and I can't use the wand for the rest of the day


Over 12 uses, I'm able to fully heal myself, and heal Luke 21 HP before I rolled a Natural 1 on a UMD check, which kills the wand for the day.

351 to 400 of 560 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay Thread for GM Jhaeman's "Sanctum of a Lost Age" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.