GM Jhaeman's "Sanctum of a Lost Age" (Inactive)

Game Master Jhaeman

Thornkeep Module, Tier 6-8

Maps & Handouts


301 to 350 of 560 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Initiative (Round 2)

Ridley
Setare

Skulls
Kivuli
Raynor
Carina
Luke

Bold may go!


Setare, I should add that you are of course no longer grappled since the Black skull was destroyed.

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

"Thanks e... everyone .. " Setare shouts.

Setare attacks with her cold iron Scimitar.

Scimitar primary attack roll, Piranha Strike -2 , harrow: 1 + 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ 1 + (13) + 13 - 2 = 25
Cold iron, Damage roll, precise strike +4, piranha strike +4: -1 + 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 4 ⇒ -1 + (1) + 7 + 4 + 4 = 15
-
Scimitar secondary attack roll, Piranha Strike -2 , harrow: -5 + 1 + 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ -5 + 1 + (20) + 13 - 2 = 27
Cold iron, Damage roll, precise strike +4, piranha strike +4: -1 + 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 4 ⇒ -1 + (5) + 7 + 4 + 4 = 19

Crit confirm attack roll, Piranha Strike -2 , harrow: -5 + 1 + 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ -5 + 1 + (1) + 13 - 2 = 8
Cold iron, Damage roll, precise strike +4, piranha strike +4: -1 + 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 4 ⇒ -1 + (6) + 7 + 4 + 4 = 20

**

In case Setare is attacked she uses 'Opportune Parry' and parries by using an AoO to parry and spends a panache point (so if the attack roll of the opponent is lower than Setare's parry then the opponent does not hit and Setare could potentially riposte)

Opportune Parry, harrow : 1 + 1d20 + 13 ⇒ 1 + (12) + 13 = 26

In case Setare successfully parries she uses 'Riposte' as an immediate action to attack the opponent that attacked her.

Scimitar riposte attack roll, Piranha Strike -2, harrow: 1 + 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ 1 + (7) + 13 - 2 = 19
Damage riposte roll, precise strike+4, piranha strike +4 : -1 + 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 4 ⇒ -1 + (5) + 7 + 4 + 4 = 19

* *

Using Bodyguard feat to increase adjacent allies’ AC vs. melee attacks by +4 with aid another by using 3 of 7 AoOs against the next three attacks of the opponent (success on every roll that is not a natural 1) so please increase AC accordingly:

Bodyguard 1 : 1d20 ⇒ 2 ; Bodyguard 2 : 1d20 ⇒ 11 Bodyguard 3 : 1d20 ⇒ 16

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley tosses a sonic bomb at the yellow one, unless it is destroyed. Then he will target the final skull.

Range Touch: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 17

Damage: 4d4 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 3) + 8 + 1 = 18


Setare's scimitar cleaves another of the skulls in twain, leaving just one remaining. Ridley hurls another explosive, but the skull manages to swiftly fly out of the way like a hummingbird.

Ridley, the bomb was close but missed because of soft cover.


The orange glow in the remaining skull's eye sockets flare, and suddenly a cloud of golden particles bursts among the tightly-packed Pathfinders!

The skull has cast glitterdust, and with a 10' radius from the doorway, will catch everyone. Every PC (and pets) will need to make a DC 15 Will save or be blinded.


Initiative (Round 2)

Ridley
Setare
Skulls
Kivuli
Raynor
Carina
Luke

Bold may go!

Please make your save vs. the glitterdust before determining your actions.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 32*/ touch 15*/ ff 32*; hp 68/68 gecko 15/15, F+13, R+8*, W+12, Speed 50* (Gecko 70*) ft. Continuous Auras: 10 feet: +4 morale bonus on saves vs. charm and fear effects. BUFFS: feather step (gecko), divine favor, Protection vs. Evil, Sanctified Shield, antitoxin, antiplague; CMB +2, CMD +3

Moves sideways along east wall and attacks.

+1 Adamantine Lance, Power Attack, Mounted, Weapon +1: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 3 + 1 + 1 = 31
adamantine magical piercing dmg, power attack: 1d8 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 9 = 24

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Will: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

Gah! Ridley clutches at his eyes, blind!

Ridley will toss a sonic bomb at the skulls last location.

Range Touch: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 20
50% Miss chance, High always hits: 1d100 ⇒ 47
Damage: 3d4 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 8 + 1 = 20

Will to end blind: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16

The skeleton would still take splash damage last round and this round (12, dc 22 for half)


I just realised with the earlier bomb that I need to determine where it landed and if anyone took splash damage--I have to run but will do that soon. It won't have been enough to destroy the last skull in any event.

Ridley, it's not your turn yet :) I want everyone to have a turn in this round before moving to the next one.

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 6 | ~HP: 54/54 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:22, Fort:+4, Ref:+13, Will:+7, Init:+5, Perception:+21 (+22 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Assuming that fails

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

will Save : 0 + 1d20 + 7 ⇒ 0 + (7) + 7 = 14

Dark Archive

Female CG Human (Varisian) Fortune-teller and Field Scribe 9 | HP: 59/59| AC: 12( 12Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0| Speed 30ft | Active conditions:
Spoiler:
none

Will Save, DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Carina blinks a couple times at the burst of shattered light, before the spots leave her vision. With a look of annoyance, she goes to start casting another spell, before stopping to draw three cards from her deck in her pouch. With a smile, and a flick of the eye to Raynor, she starts anew her chant, this time with steel in her words. With the final word, four darts of light float in her hand for a moment, before shooting out at the skull, and embedding into the bone.

Hmmm...I'm Harrow Casting Magic Missile.

Harrow Draw:

Card 1: 1d6 + 1d9 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3[ooc]The Keep(NG, Str)
Card 2: 1d6 + 1d9 ⇒ (2) + (5) = 7The Midwife(NG, Wis)
Card 3: 1d6 + 1d9 ⇒ (6) + (5) = 11The Carnival(CN, Wis)

With 1 card of the Strength suit, that makes the Magic Missile damage 4d4+8

Magic Missile: 4d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 2) + 8 = 18


”Amiri” | Female CN Medium Human Barbarian 7 | HP 75/75 (IN RAGE 89/89)| AC 20, T 13, FF 18 | CMD 25| F +7 R +4 W +3; +2 vs. fear(IN RAGE Fort +9, Will +5;) ; +2 vs. traps | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Rage 12/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions:.
Kivuli Greyfeather wrote:

[Dice=Will]]1d20+5

Assuming that fails

No, DC is 15


”Amiri” | Female CN Medium Human Barbarian 7 | HP 75/75 (IN RAGE 89/89)| AC 20, T 13, FF 18 | CMD 25| F +7 R +4 W +3; +2 vs. fear(IN RAGE Fort +9, Will +5;) ; +2 vs. traps | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Rage 12/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions:.

WILL: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Luke moves to the green one and attacks.

+2 Large bastard sword - power attack: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 - 2 = 22
damage: 2d8 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (4, 7) + 12 + 6 = 29


Ridley's bomb hits the wall next to the skull, and the resulting shockwave damages the undead thing enough that Raynor is able to shatter it with a well-placed blow from his lance!

The missed bomb fortunately strikes the wall to the left of the skull, and the skull is still within splash range. It makes the save and takes 6 points of sonic damage (and this occurs before anyone else moves into range).

Carina, because the last skull is destroyed by Raynor's strike, you can get your spell & harrow draw back.

Those of you who failed the save vs. glitterdust can assume your vision comes back within half a minute. Raynor, I just noticed you and your mount didn't attempt the saves to see if you were blinded, but I'm moving us along because Luke would have destroyed the skull even if you didn't.

We are now off Initiative--apologies for the blip everyone--it's been one of those days!

GM Dice:

Miss Throw: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Reflex Save vs. splash: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

Don't worry GM! Thanks for GMing!

Setare is glad that her eye sight is back but she definitely feels very weak.

"So ... something is wrong wi...with me. My ... my body feals so ... so weak ... " she says and leans against the wall.

She then looks at Raynor.

"Ca... can we now take the ...the body of our de... deceased Pathfinder wi... with us? We have to ... " she pleads again.

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 6 | ~HP: 54/54 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:22, Fort:+4, Ref:+13, Will:+7, Init:+5, Perception:+21 (+22 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

The wayang snaps his wrist, sliding a wand into his hand. He taps it to his chest once before sliding it back into place. He then repeats the process with the wand up his other sleeve.

UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

Wand of Infernal Healing

UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

Wand of Long Strider

Raynor, do you want Long Strider on your mount? Just let me know if you want me to knock off a charge.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 32*/ touch 15*/ ff 32*; hp 68/68 gecko 15/15, F+13, R+8*, W+12, Speed 50* (Gecko 70*) ft. Continuous Auras: 10 feet: +4 morale bonus on saves vs. charm and fear effects. BUFFS: feather step (gecko), divine favor, Protection vs. Evil, Sanctified Shield, antitoxin, antiplague; CMB +2, CMD +3

"Of course Setare! strap him to the back of Mozza, right behind me here."

He then pulls out two scrolls and read them in turn, each time reaching for Setare.
Scrolls of Lesser Restoration: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

@Kivuli: Sure! it's got a speed 40 and a climb of 40 as well: does it only affect the land speed?

Just before the next room, Raynor administers a potion of feather step and casts a scroll of protection from evil unto his mount, then adds scrolls of protection from evil and divine favor unto himself.

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

Setare looks at Raynor in true appreciation.

"Tha ... thanks so much!"

Thanks Raynor! So sorry you had to use your scrolls because of Setare. :-( If you see anything on my char sheet that you need its yours and if you have any conditions that need to be cleared at the end of the scenario I'll contribute. Thanks again!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 6 | ~HP: 54/54 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:22, Fort:+4, Ref:+13, Will:+7, Init:+5, Perception:+21 (+22 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Longstrider:
This spell gives you a +10 foot enhancement bonus to your base speed. It has no effect on other modes of movement, such as burrow, climb, fly, or swim.

Land speed only I'm afraid. Still, it can't hurt.

UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

Dark Archive

Female CG Human (Varisian) Fortune-teller and Field Scribe 9 | HP: 59/59| AC: 12( 12Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0| Speed 30ft | Active conditions:
Spoiler:
none

Hearing Setare's concerns, Carina goes into her bag, only to stop when Raynor pulls out the scrolls of Lesser Restoration. "We're expecting a serious fight, yes?" she asks before chanting a spell of her own, scattering into a series of copies.

Considering the situation, Carina is casting Mirror Image on herself before the next door.

Duplicates: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


After a break for healing and searching the southern door for traps, the party advances. It’s hard to tell what the function of the next room was supposed to be—the western portion is mostly large piles of dust, while the enormous skeleton of a huge, twelve-legged reptile clutters the center of the room. In fact, the skeleton look like it might belong to a behir just like the one you fought earlier. The skeleton looks ancient though, as if it has been here untold eons.

But an old pile of bones is no threat—instead, two walking corpses, one a half-orc holding a spear and one an armored elf with a longsword are in the room, and they reek of malevolence and hostility towards you. Both bear glowing blue sigils on their left hands, and the half-orc also bears a red glyph on his right hand.

On the map, you’ll see the western portion of the room has bookshelves and ladders—please assume they are not there (any more).

Identify Walking Corpses (DC 14 Knowledge (religion):
This looks like a freshly made undead—a type of wight! Wights are humanoids who rise as undead due to necromancy, a violent death, or an extremely malevolent personality. Their flesh is twisted by evil, their eyes burn with hatred, and their touch steals the very life-force of the living. This particular specimen is a rarer version known as a cairn wight, a creature deliberately created to serve as the guardians of a place or an object by necromancers.

Identify Walking Corpses (DC 19 Knowledge (religion):
You know an additional piece of useful information: If a cairn wight touches you, it can literally start draining the life from your body! In game terms, it can give you negative levels.

Identify Walking Corpses (DC 24 Knowledge (religion):
You know an additional piece of useful information. Like most undead, it’s immune to mind-affecting spells, poison attacks, and bleed damage.

Identify Walking Corpses (DC 29 Knowledge (religion):
You know an additional piece of useful information. A living creature slain by a wight arises as one in just a few seconds!


Initiative (Round 1)

Setare
Ridley

Walking Corpses
Luke
Kivuli
Carina
Raynor

Bold may go!

GM Dice:

Initiative (Setare): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Initiative (Ridley w/ H.A.): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Initiative (Carina): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Initiative (Luke): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Initiative (Raynor): 1d20 ⇒ 2
Initiative (Kivuli): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Initiative (Walking Corpses): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Ridley, I used your heightened awareness for Initiative.

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

kn religion aid another for Ridley for +4 due to helpful trait: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

”Ehh ... they look dead!“

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Kn Religion: 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 20 + 2 = 30

Those are wights!

Ridley tosses a bomb ad the nearest one!

Range touch: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 27
Damage: 4d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 1) + 8 + 1 = 23

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

Setare walks forward and attacks with her cold iron Scimitar and does lethal damage.

Scimitar primary attack roll, Piranha Strike -2 , harrow: 1 + 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ 1 + (14) + 13 - 2 = 26
Cold iron, Damage roll, precise strike +4, piranha strike +4: -1 + 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 4 ⇒ -1 + (2) + 7 + 4 + 4 = 16

**

In case Setare is attacked she uses 'Opportune Parry' and parries by using an AoO to parry and spends a panache point (so if the attack roll of the opponent is lower than Setare's parry then the opponent does not hit and Setare could potentially riposte)

Opportune Parry, harrow : 1 + 1d20 + 13 ⇒ 1 + (17) + 13 = 31

In case Setare successfully parries she uses 'Riposte' as an immediate action to attack the opponent that attacked her.

Scimitar riposte attack roll, Piranha Strike -2, harrow: 1 + 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ 1 + (2) + 13 - 2 = 14
Damage riposte roll, precise strike+4, piranha strike +4 : -1 + 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 4 ⇒ -1 + (3) + 7 + 4 + 4 = 17

* *

Using Bodyguard feat to increase adjacent allies’ AC vs. melee attacks by +4 with aid another by using 3 of 7 AoOs against the next three attacks of the opponent (success on every roll that is not a natural 1) so please increase AC accordingly:

Bodyguard 1 : 1d20 ⇒ 20 ; Bodyguard 2 : 1d20 ⇒ 11 Bodyguard 3 : 1d20 ⇒ 4


Ridley’s bomb damages the walking half-orc corpse, while Setare charges in and cuts deep into the half-elf corpse with her scimitar.

Setare & others—are you still factoring in the broken weapons to attack & damage?


The elf wight slashes at Setare with a hateful fury and indecipherable groan. But she easily bats the attack away.

Simultaneously, the half-orc wight charges Ridley and tries to impale the alchemist with its spear! But he dances back and avoids it with little difficulty.

Setare, you parried the attack and spend a panache point to riposte, but the riposte misses.

GM Dice:

Attack roll vs. Setare: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Attack roll + charge vs Ridley: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Initiative (Round 1)

Setare
Ridley
Walking Corpses
Luke
Kivuli
Carina
Raynor

Bold may go!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 32*/ touch 15*/ ff 32*; hp 68/68 gecko 15/15, F+13, R+8*, W+12, Speed 50* (Gecko 70*) ft. Continuous Auras: 10 feet: +4 morale bonus on saves vs. charm and fear effects. BUFFS: feather step (gecko), divine favor, Protection vs. Evil, Sanctified Shield, antitoxin, antiplague; CMB +2, CMD +3

Raynor adjusts his mount upside down upon the ceiling and strikes the yellow-robed wight from above. I put my pawn off to the side of the map not to confuse others so that they don't think I'm blocking the way...

+1 Adamantine Lance, Power Attack, Divine Favor, Fate's Favored, Mounted, Weapon +1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
adamantine magical piercing dmg, power attack: 1d8 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23

oh... oh my...

CONFIRM CRIT: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
additional crit dmg: 2d8 + 38 ⇒ (1, 7) + 38 = 46


Raynor's lance thrust utterly destroys the half-orc wight, and it crumbles to the ground as a pile of dust!

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 6 | ~HP: 54/54 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:22, Fort:+4, Ref:+13, Will:+7, Init:+5, Perception:+21 (+22 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Nice shot Raynor!

Kivuli moves forward with all haste to support Setare.

Double Move


”Amiri” | Female CN Medium Human Barbarian 7 | HP 75/75 (IN RAGE 89/89)| AC 20, T 13, FF 18 | CMD 25| F +7 R +4 W +3; +2 vs. fear(IN RAGE Fort +9, Will +5;) ; +2 vs. traps | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Rage 12/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions:.

Taman enters the room to help others. He tries to cut remaining threat.

+2 Large bastard sword - power attack: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 15 - 2 = 24
damage: 2d8 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (8, 8) + 12 + 6 = 34


Luke charges into the room and cuts down the remaining wight with one massive sweep of his greatsword!

We are off Initiative. Well done everyone! I'll tell the module author he needs to add 5 or 6 more of those wights to give you a challenge next time :)

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 6 | ~HP: 54/54 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:22, Fort:+4, Ref:+13, Will:+7, Init:+5, Perception:+21 (+22 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Before going through the next door (after whatever preparations are made) Kivuli will activate another charge on Invisibility from his Wayfinder.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 32*/ touch 15*/ ff 32*; hp 68/68 gecko 15/15, F+13, R+8*, W+12, Speed 50* (Gecko 70*) ft. Continuous Auras: 10 feet: +4 morale bonus on saves vs. charm and fear effects. BUFFS: feather step (gecko), divine favor, Protection vs. Evil, Sanctified Shield, antitoxin, antiplague; CMB +2, CMD +3

Yes let us keep moving so that we retain our active short-term buffs!

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

Setare goes to the next door and opens it.


”Amiri” | Female CN Medium Human Barbarian 7 | HP 75/75 (IN RAGE 89/89)| AC 20, T 13, FF 18 | CMD 25| F +7 R +4 W +3; +2 vs. fear(IN RAGE Fort +9, Will +5;) ; +2 vs. traps | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Rage 12/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions:.

Luke follows Setare.

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Ridley taps himself with his wand of Heightened Awareness and follows along.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (Taldan) Paladin (Shining Knight) 8 - Init +0; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +1, AC 32*/ touch 15*/ ff 32*; hp 68/68 gecko 15/15, F+13, R+8*, W+12, Speed 50* (Gecko 70*) ft. Continuous Auras: 10 feet: +4 morale bonus on saves vs. charm and fear effects. BUFFS: feather step (gecko), divine favor, Protection vs. Evil, Sanctified Shield, antitoxin, antiplague; CMB +2, CMD +3

Upside down on ceiling above Setare and Luke


Advancing forward quickly, you throw open the doors to the next room. Fresh blood splatters the white tile of this operating laboratory, which is lit by mirrored lamps hung from chains suspended in the shadows of the distant ceiling. A sturdy wooden table near the center of the room holds the lightning-charred corpse of a bald human man with a broom-bottom beard, while smaller tables and bookcases nearby hold the gore-spattered spoils of a recent battle.

A figure wearing embroidered robes stands in the room, but he has a translucent, ghostly quality. The figure holds up his palm and examines it, turning it this way and that. ”It worked!” he says to himself. A broad grin splits his face. ”It really worked!” He seems not to have noticed your presence at all yet.

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

Setare detects evil on the ghostly figure to grasp the situation!

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Unchained Rogue 3/ Investigator 6 | ~HP: 54/54 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Flat), CMD:22, Fort:+4, Ref:+13, Will:+7, Init:+5, Perception:+21 (+22 for traps) / Trap Spotter 10'

Kivuli looks for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31

Trap Spotter

Dark Archive

Female CG Human (Varisian) Fortune-teller and Field Scribe 9 | HP: 59/59| AC: 12( 12Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +6, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0| Speed 30ft | Active conditions:
Spoiler:
none

Carina looks sorrowfully, but unsurprisingly at the corpse on the table. She quietly whispers, " And that's three. Technically, our job in here is done now, though we did make a promise, did we not?"


Setare:
You do indeed detect evil coming from the ghostly creature.

Kivuli:
You don't notice any traps.

Scarab Sages

Female LG follower of Sarenrae | human (actually mostly human Ifrit) | freckles, sweet, naive, fierce personality in battle) | Outsider (Native), Humanoid (human) | Swashbuckler 4, Paladin 2, Monk 2 | HP 76 /76 | AC 25 T 24 FF 25 | CMB +16 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 29| F: +17, R: +21, W: +9 | Init: +12 | Perc: +1, SM: -3, Dipl.: + 9 | Stunning Fist 3/3 | LoH 6/6 | Panache 5/5 + Plume 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 4, Acid 2, Fire 4, Cold 2 | Active cond.:

Setare walks forward and has a stern look on her face.

She looks at her companion Kivuli.

kn religion aid another Kivuli with +4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

”Is it an undead Kivuli?!“ Setare asks.


The ghostly figure slowly plunges its hand into the wood of the table and smiles as it passes through with no resistance.

How would you guys like to proceed? You can talk, attack, slip away, or think of something else. The ball is in your court here.


”Amiri” | Female CN Medium Human Barbarian 7 | HP 75/75 (IN RAGE 89/89)| AC 20, T 13, FF 18 | CMD 25| F +7 R +4 W +3; +2 vs. fear(IN RAGE Fort +9, Will +5;) ; +2 vs. traps | Init +2 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Rage 12/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions:.

My only talking tool is sword, but this is not appropriate here for now.

The Exchange

Human M Human Alchemist 7 |Current AC: 26 AC Base: 21 T 14 FF 20 | HP 52/52 | F +9 R +12 W +5| CMD 13 | Init +8 (12wHA)| Perc +19 | Spells: Level 1 5/6 Level 2 3/5 Level 3 1/2| Bombs 16/16 | Active Buffs: SeeInvis, Heroism, DrkVsn, BrkSkn, HgtAware, Cog

Unless someone stops me, Ridley will pipe up.

What exactly is it that worked? Finally mastered that lightning bolt spell?

301 to 350 of 560 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay Thread for GM Jhaeman's "Sanctum of a Lost Age" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.