Dungeon Master S's "The Extinction Curse"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS |GAZETTEER |HANDOUTS |CAMPAIGN RECORDS |NPCs | Circus Acts | CIRCUS OF WAYWARD WONDERS | Running the Show |The Story Thus Far

Default Exploration Mode:

Charlie is Scouting
[dice=Hostiles]d20[/dice]
[dice=Charlie]d20+9+1[/dice] (Scout)
[dice=Chark]d20+13+1[/dice] (Search)
[dice=Dendillion]d20+9+1[/dice] (Detect Magic)
[dice=Haldan]d20+8+1[/dice] (Seek, Keen Eyes)
[dice=Tiny]d20+12+1[/dice] (Search)

*If you do not make a specific post (with referenced skill and modifier) this will be the assumed action and initiative roll.

Perception:

[dice=Chark]d20+13[/dice] (T, LLV)
[dice=Charlie]d20+9[/dice] (T)
[dice=Dendillion]d20+10[/dice] (E)
[dice=Tiny]d20+9[/dice] (T)
[dice=Haldan]d20+8[/dice] (T)

Door Protocol:

The party stops 5ft away from the door. Dendillion moves to the front of the party and checks the door for traps.
[dice=Perception (Expert) to Seek]1d20+8[/dice]
If he finds a trap, he attempts to disarm the trap, warning everyone to move 10ft back.
[dice=Thievery (Trained) to Disable a Device]1d20+8[/dice]
Repeat this if multiple checks are required
Once he's satisfied that the door is safe he checks to see if it's locked. If it is, he puts tools to work to pick the lock (assuming we don't have a key that fits)
[dice=Thievery (Trained) to Pick a Lock]1d20+8[/dice]
Repeat this if multiple checks are required, or until he breaks his picks (will use a Hero point on a crit fail though)
With the door ready to open, Dendillion moves back and lets Tiny open the door.


2,901 to 2,950 of 3,520 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

Charlie heads over and opens the door with Goliath. "Get ready in case there a..a..a..re more Xulgaths." He opens the door.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Charlie reaches for the door, but in the instant before he touches it, a disembodied voice howls, “Aroden is gone!"

Ulthaldar emerges from the door itself. “Aroden is gone! The aeon orbs fail! Who can save us?” The spirit's eyes go wide as he takes you in once more, "YOU! You! You possess his touch, his reflection, but how can this be? You must gain a reflection from each of his five aeon orbs. As Aroden poured his essence into them, so must you gain the reflections of these essences. Then you can reignite their power from his high throne in the Kortos Mountains.”


CG Male Human Bard 6 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (Stealth +11)
Stats:
AC 23 | Fort +10, Refl +14, Will +11 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 55/68 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ Lute | ⚕ none | Spells (Occult, +12, DC 22): Cantrips (5), 1st (3/3), 2nd (1/3), 3rd (1/3)

Dendillion arches an eyebrow. "I suppose it's not every day that a ghost hands out a quest."

"Can you tell us more about the power that would be reignited? And of this 'high throne in the Kortos Mountains'?"


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

Charlie's mouth stands gaping wide open. "A reflection of Ar..ar..Aroden? Why us?"


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

"It's.... I can't.... I can't remember. You MUST reclaim the moonstone pools here, as the memories stored within them can tell you more. Why you?
It's not our place to question why destiny chooses us, only to make sure we live up to it."


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

....and then he fades away, leaving the door to be opened.


Female NG Human Aiuvarin (half-elf) Clc7 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 21 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +15 | Perc: +15 [E] (low-light vision) +2 on Initiative rolls| Speed 25 | Default exploration: Search | Conditions: . | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 1/2

Chark stares where the spirit was for a moment, then turns toward the door. It seems we have our charge, then, she says resolutely before asking Charlie to try the door again — this time perhaps without supernatural interruption.


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

"Th..th..this all seems kinda big?" Charlie looks nervous as he slowly opens the door.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Charlie opens the door to a large hallway with a lot of options... Map updated.


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

Tiny shrugs and nods to Charlie "I does seem to go on and on..." perhaps missing his point.


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

"Should we each just choose a door and open scout them out quickly?" He heads across the hall ready to open the double doors.


CG Halfling (Gutsy) Wizard (Necromancer) / Sorcerer (Elemental) 7 | Exploration: Search
Stats:
AC 22 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+14), Will (+12) | Perception (+10, +2 Circumstance to Initiative) | Speed 25
♥️ 76/76 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ empty | ⚕ none | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (7), 1st (4/4), 2nd (4/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (3/3) | Sorcerer Spells (Primal, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (2), 1st (1/1), 2nd (1/1)

Assuming I can get in on some healing...

"I say we work our way from top to bottom."

Unless someone has an issue with this plan, Haldan will check the first door and open it if he finds nothing.


Female NG Human Aiuvarin (half-elf) Clc7 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 21 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +15 | Perc: +15 [E] (low-light vision) +2 on Initiative rolls| Speed 25 | Default exploration: Search | Conditions: . | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 1/2
Chark Torrefi wrote:

Chark takes a few minutes to dress her own wounds.

DC 20 Medicine: 30 crit success
healing: 22 sigh

healing to Haldan w/Ward Medic: 4d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 1) + 10 = 20 not very good either, but better than zero


CG Halfling (Gutsy) Wizard (Necromancer) / Sorcerer (Elemental) 7 | Exploration: Search
Stats:
AC 22 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+14), Will (+12) | Perception (+10, +2 Circumstance to Initiative) | Speed 25
♥️ 76/76 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ empty | ⚕ none | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (7), 1st (4/4), 2nd (4/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (3/3) | Sorcerer Spells (Primal, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (2), 1st (1/1), 2nd (1/1)

Currently 28/60 if there's more healing to be had.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Not quite back to full strength the party spreads out. Haldan opens a door, and finds that it leads to another hallway with a door at the end.


Female NG Human Aiuvarin (half-elf) Clc7 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 21 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +15 | Perc: +15 [E] (low-light vision) +2 on Initiative rolls| Speed 25 | Default exploration: Search | Conditions: . | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 1/2

Chark asks Haldan to check the new door while the party assembles behind him, then once the all clear is given, calls him toward the back again and asks Tiny to do the honors.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Unlike any of the other doors you've encountered, this one is made of iron and is clearly locked.

Ulthadar appears briefly, "priests after my time installed the doors and locks to protect something dangerous.... I don’t know what it is, but I assume it’s locked away for a good reason."


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

While they work on the locks Charlie opens the set of double doors before him to peek in.


CG Halfling (Gutsy) Wizard (Necromancer) / Sorcerer (Elemental) 7 | Exploration: Search
Stats:
AC 22 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+14), Will (+12) | Perception (+10, +2 Circumstance to Initiative) | Speed 25
♥️ 76/76 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ empty | ⚕ none | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (7), 1st (4/4), 2nd (4/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (3/3) | Sorcerer Spells (Primal, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (2), 1st (1/1), 2nd (1/1)

The warning only acts to entice Haldan to unlock things sooner. He checks the door and, if he finds nothing, casts Guidance then proceeds.

It does take time to unlock though so someone could stop him if they'd like.

Thievery: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 1 = 26


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

Tiny asks "Are we sure we should open that?"


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Haldan fails to make any progress on the lock in the moments before Tiny's question...


CG Halfling (Gutsy) Wizard (Necromancer) / Sorcerer (Elemental) 7 | Exploration: Search
Stats:
AC 22 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+14), Will (+12) | Perception (+10, +2 Circumstance to Initiative) | Speed 25
♥️ 76/76 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ empty | ⚕ none | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (7), 1st (4/4), 2nd (4/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (3/3) | Sorcerer Spells (Primal, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (2), 1st (1/1), 2nd (1/1)

"I mean, I do. But I will pause to hear a counter argument to the pitch Ulthadar made..."


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

Tiny shrugs "I just like to stop and think, there's probably something horrible in there, but also potentially a vital item in our quest."


CG Male Human Bard 6 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (Stealth +11)
Stats:
AC 23 | Fort +10, Refl +14, Will +11 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 55/68 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ Lute | ⚕ none | Spells (Occult, +12, DC 22): Cantrips (5), 1st (3/3), 2nd (1/3), 3rd (1/3)

"Keep at it, Haldan. How horrible could whatever is beyond that door be?"


CG Halfling (Gutsy) Wizard (Necromancer) / Sorcerer (Elemental) 7 | Exploration: Search
Stats:
AC 22 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+14), Will (+12) | Perception (+10, +2 Circumstance to Initiative) | Speed 25
♥️ 76/76 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ empty | ⚕ none | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (7), 1st (4/4), 2nd (4/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (3/3) | Sorcerer Spells (Primal, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (2), 1st (1/1), 2nd (1/1)

"Love it, Dend!"

Continues working on the door.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 FAIL
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 CRIT FAIL.... Tools break. Now what?


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

Tiny shrugs "Maybe we'll find a key elsewhere, or maybe some magical indestructible lockpicks."


Female NG Human Aiuvarin (half-elf) Clc7 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 21 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +15 | Perc: +15 [E] (low-light vision) +2 on Initiative rolls| Speed 25 | Default exploration: Search | Conditions: . | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 1/2

Another time, then, Chark says with finality. Let's check the double doors Charlie found before.

Once there, she asks Haldan to check for hazards, and then retreat while Tiny opens the door. Moved us on the map.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

This room is awash in blood. Two large steel washtubs stand on the west side of this room, underneath ceiling hooks holding tattered remnants of curtains. The tubs are half full of blood and meat....


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

Charlie grimaces, "Demons or Xulgaths?" He looks in the tub for any sort of clue on what was going on around here.


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

Tiny responds to Charlie with a Why not both? shrug.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Charlie looks in the tub. Suddenly the mass of blood and bone erupts out of both tubs! A pair of horrendous creatures, little more than dark shapes with two flickering pinpoints of light where their eyes should be, lunges for Charlie's soul.

ROUND 1:
Chark: Go
Dendillion: Go
Tiny: Go

Hostiles: TBD Religion to ID
Haldan: TBD
Charlie: TBD

Hostiles: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Charlie: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15 (Scout)
Chark: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 1 = 26 (Search)
Dendillion: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 = 24 (Detect Magic)
Haldan: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19 (Seek, Keen Eyes)
Tiny: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 22 (Search)


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

Tiny heads in, not bothering to drop into their stance and just swinging with their fists.

unarmed: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
b damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 = 7

Flurry: 1d20 + 15 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 15 - 5 = 27
b damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + 3 = 9

Tiny then raises their shield as Þóðᛞrekkr comes barging in.

AC 26


Female NG Human Aiuvarin (half-elf) Clc7 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 21 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +15 | Perc: +15 [E] (low-light vision) +2 on Initiative rolls| Speed 25 | Default exploration: Search | Conditions: . | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 1/2

Recall Knowledge ◈ (Religion): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Remaining actions pending outcome.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Tiny swings, and misses, then swings again, connecting, but only doing a small bit of damage on the ghostly creature.

Chark knows why too. These are wraiths. Their very touch can drain your life, and they're skilled combatants who would never miss an opportunity to attack.

ROUND 1:
Chark: 2 Actions
Dendillion: Go

Tiny: Miss
Hostiles: TBD Religion to ID
Haldan: TBD
Charlie: TBD


Female NG Human Aiuvarin (half-elf) Clc7 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 21 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +15 | Perc: +15 [E] (low-light vision) +2 on Initiative rolls| Speed 25 | Default exploration: Search | Conditions: . | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 1/2

Beware the touch of these abominations! she shouts. And take caution moving about — they are tactically sound!

Haldan, stay in back out of harm's way!

She hastens into the room and bestows a bit of divine guidance on Charlie.

Stride, verbal component to Cast a Spell.


CG Male Human Bard 6 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (Stealth +11)
Stats:
AC 23 | Fort +10, Refl +14, Will +11 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 55/68 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ Lute | ⚕ none | Spells (Occult, +12, DC 22): Cantrips (5), 1st (3/3), 2nd (1/3), 3rd (1/3)

Dendillion begins another inspirational tune, moving into the chamber as he does so.
Lingering Composition: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Inspire Courage up for 3 rounds

He then takes a moment to study these foes, leaning into his bardic lore to understand them.

Recall Knowledge (Bardic Lore):
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Chark and Dendillion both use magic to sway the odds. Dendillion, taken aback, can't remember what the hell he's dealing with.

With foes directly in front of each the angry dead lash out:
Black v. Tiny
Spectral Hand: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31 for Negative DMG: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 1) + 5 = 13 FORT Save
Spectral Hand: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 MISS
Spectral Hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 MISS

Red v. Charlie
Spectral Hand: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36 for Double Negative DMG: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3) + 5 = 11 FORT Save
Spectral Hand: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Spectral Hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

ROUND 1:
Chark: Magic
Dendillion: Magic
Tiny (75/88): Miss FORT
Hostiles: ATK
Haldan: Go
Charlie (58/80): Go + FORT


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Charlie slips back, letting Goliath take his postion as the large bear snarls and rips into the spectral foe.

Jaws: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Hunter's Edge Precision Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

◆ Stride
◆ Hunt Prey (Red)
◆ Command Goliath
◆ Goliath Stride
◆ Goliath Strike

Status:

HP 58/80
AC 23 (25 w/ shield)
Wooden Shield 12/12; [AC Bonus +2: [Hardness 3] [HP/BT 12(6)]
Snarecraft Snares Used: Biting Snare x3
Focus 1/1
Hero Points 1/3

Goliath
HP 62/62
AC 22


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Tiny feels his life force drain.

While Charlie resists the drain, Goliath fails to bite!

ROUND 2:
Chark: Go
Dendillion: Go
Tiny (75/88, Drained 1): Go

Hostiles: TBD
Haldan: TBD
Charlie (58/80): TBD


Female NG Human Aiuvarin (half-elf) Clc7 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 21 | F: +12, R: +11, W: +15 | Perc: +15 [E] (low-light vision) +2 on Initiative rolls| Speed 25 | Default exploration: Search | Conditions: . | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Points: 1/2

Chark lashes out at Black with a spear of red flame leaping from her fingertip. Cast divine lance.

spell attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
good: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) + 4 = 11

She then conjures up a disk of force for protection. Cast shield, AC now 22.

Verbal & somatic components to Cast a Spell, verbal component to Cast a Spell.


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

Drained 1 I think reduces Tiny to 69/82

Tiny drops into their stance and attacks.

inspired claw vs black: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 1 = 36
inspired slashing: 2d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7, 2) + 3 + 1 = 13

Flurry claw vs black: 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 1 - 4 = 23
inspired slashing: 2d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 + 1 = 11

d4 bleed on crit.

Tiny raises their shield while Þóðᛞrekkr bites.

inspired bite: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 = 27
piercing: 2d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 + 1 = 8

AC 26


CG Male Human Bard 6 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (Stealth +11)
Stats:
AC 23 | Fort +10, Refl +14, Will +11 | Perc +11 | Speed 25
♥️ 55/68 | ☘️ 2/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ Lute | ⚕ none | Spells (Occult, +12, DC 22): Cantrips (5), 1st (3/3), 2nd (1/3), 3rd (1/3)

Reminder that Inspire Courage is up

Dendillion's music resonates in the chamber. The bard continues to manipulate the magic in the air, withdrawing a sling bullet from his pouch as he does so. The bullet gets caught up in the music, floating in mid-air before a sharp strumming gesture sends it rocketing toward Tiny's foe.
Telekinetic Projectile vs Black: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 = 17
Damage (B): 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 6) + 4 = 13

Somehow, Dendillion manages to swear in a way that still works with the music.

"I know that you are dead, but do you truly need to dress that way?" He says to the other undead creature, delivering a few choice words.
Bon Mot vs Red (Will DC): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
End of turn


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Chark finally damages one of the wraiths, but even the good energy is muted on contact! Tiny follows up with a powerful hit!

Dendillion misses on the spell, but distracts the wraith for a moment!

The hatred that consumes the undead leaves them focused on the lifeforces in front of them:
Black v. Tiny: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19 MISS
Black v. Tiny: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 for NEG: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10 DC 23 FORT or gain another level of drained.
Black v. Tiny: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 MISS

Red v. Goliath: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30 for NEG: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 2) + 5 = 15 DC 23 FORT or gain another level of drained.
Red v. Goliath: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 for NEG: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 6) + 5 = 19 DC 23 FORT or gain another level of drained.
Red v. Goliath: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 MISS

ROUND 2:
Chark: Hit
Dendillion: bona verba
Tiny (59/82, Drained 1): Crit FORT
Hostiles: ATK
Haldan: Go
Charlie (58/80): Go
-Goliath (28/62):FORT + FORT + Go

DM:

Black: 22
Red: (-2 Perception, Will until Round 12)


Male
Goliath:
Goliath | HP 71/71 AC: 23 | F: +14 R: +14, W: +13 | Low-light; Scent
Human | HP 99/99 AC: 24 (26 w/ shield) | F: +13 R: +17, W: +12 | Perception: +14 | Default Exploration: Scout | Hero Points 2/3

Fort DC 23: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Fort DC 23: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 Drained 1

Goliath begins to wobble but Charlie isn't too worried. The pair take aim as Charlie lines an arrow up for where Goliath should strike next.

Jaws: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Hunter's Edge Precision Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Claws: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

+1 Longbow: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 - 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Hunter's Edge Precision Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

+1 Longbow: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 14 - 2 - 5 = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Hunter's Edge Precision Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

◆ Command Goliath
◆ Goliath Strike
◆ Goliath Strike
◆ Strike
◆ Strike

Status:

HP 58/80
AC 23 (25 w/ shield)
Wooden Shield 12/12; [AC Bonus +2: [Hardness 3] [HP/BT 12(6)]
Snarecraft Snares Used: Biting Snare x3
Focus 1/1
Hero Points 1/3

Goliath
HP 28/62 Drained 1 (22/56)
AC 22


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Charlie and Goliath struggle to make a dent. a single arrow hits, but does no damage.

ROUND 2:
Chark: Hit
Dendillion: bona verba
Tiny (59/82, Drained 1): Crit FORT
Hostiles: ATK
Haldan: Go

Charlie (58/80): Hit no DMG
-Goliath (28/62): Miss

DM:

Black: 22
Red: (-2 Perception, Will until Round 12)


CG Halfling (Gutsy) Wizard (Necromancer) / Sorcerer (Elemental) 7 | Exploration: Search
Stats:
AC 22 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+14), Will (+12) | Perception (+10, +2 Circumstance to Initiative) | Speed 25
♥️ 76/76 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 2/2 | ✋ empty | ⚕ none | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (7), 1st (4/4), 2nd (4/4), 3rd (4/4), 4th (3/3) | Sorcerer Spells (Primal, +14, DC 25): Cantrips (2), 1st (1/1), 2nd (1/1)

Move and cast Goblin Pox. Fort Save DC 22.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts |

Haldan tries a spell, but finds that the ghostly foes are utterly immune to the spell.

ROUND 3:
Chark: Go
Dendillion: Go
Tiny (59/82, Drained 1): Go

Hostiles: TBD
Haldan: TBD
Charlie (58/80): TBD
-Goliath (28/62): TBD

DM:

Black: 22
Red: (-2 Perception, Will until Round 12)


M Dwarf | Monk 7 | HP 108/108| AC 24 | F +13 R +14 W +13 | Perception +13 (hp 2)
Þóðᛞrekkr:
HP 48/71 AC 23 | F+14 R+15 W+13 | Jaws +13 2d8+3 P

Tiny will raise their shield and claws twice at the adjacent blackened creature.

inspired claw: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 1 = 19
slashing: 2d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 + 1 = 11

flurry claw: 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 1 - 4 = 21
slashing: 2d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 + 1 = 8

Finally Tiny tries to heal himself
Medicine DC 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

to no luck while Þóðᛞrekkr takes their own bite.

inspired chomp: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19
piercing: 2d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8, 2) + 3 + 1 = 14

AC26, no block

2,901 to 2,950 of 3,520 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "The Extinction Curse" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.