DM Brainiac's Curse of the Crimson Throne: Korvosa's Angels!

Game Master Brainiac

Battle Maps
Map of Korvosa
Loot Sheet

Current Date: 9 Gozran, 4708 AR
Harrow Points: Aurelia 3, Nicoleta 3, Roz 4, Vox 3
Choosing: Aurelia: Idiot, Nicoleta: Snakebite, Roz: Hidden Truth, Vox: Foreign Trader


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,994 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

Aurelia halts when instructed, trying to use her human eyes to figure out what was going on up ahead. She wants to call out to Nicoleta, but knows that's probably a bad idea.

Ugh. Is there any worse place to be stuck than in a sewer?! Worse, no gold from this! Why did we agree to this again?


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

Nicoleta returns to the rest of the group.

"There are two wererats up there," she whispers. "So do we kick their arses or do we try to talk to them?" Her lips quirk into a smile. "Guess which way I vote?"


Female N Human (Varisian) Oracle 8 | HP: 63/63| AC 22 (11 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +10 | Init: -2 | Perc: +2, SM: +11 | Appearance

"Whatever we decide, it's best you be protected," Roz says as she touches Nicoleta's shoulder.

Shield of faith, +2 AC for 5 minutes.


Social Persona | HP: 51/51| AC: 20 (15 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 9, CMD: 23 | F: +4, R: +12, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc/SM: +11, Acro: +15, DD +18, Slth +23, Knw Loc +14 | Speed 30ft | ECB +13/+8, d10+10{+4d8/d4}; LB +13/+8, d8+5{+4d8/d4} | Active conditions:

"No killing." Vox says flatly. "Iolaire promised." The drow doesn't seem entirely happy about said promise, but she does seem to be sticking to it. She's even bought a quiver full of blunted arrows with her.


Female N Human (Varisian) Oracle 8 | HP: 63/63| AC 22 (11 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +10 | Init: -2 | Perc: +2, SM: +11 | Appearance

"And we don't want to piss off Io," Roz agrees with a smirk. She touches Vox as well.

Another shield of faith for you!


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

"So a non-lethal arse-kicking it is," Nicoleta says with a grin. She holds up five fingers and begins counting down. When the last finger falls, she dashes forward into the small chamber.


As you rush into the room, the wererats shriek and reach for their weapons!

Initiative:
Aurelia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Nicoleta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Rozalia: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Vox: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Enemies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Nicoleta and Vox may act!


Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

Nicoleta:
Since the GM promopted, I will take advantage of it.

Before they depart for the sewers, Aurelia hands Nicoleta a small brown box about eight inches square that is tied with a red ribbon. Upon opening the box she will find a pair of silvered brass knuckles (silver knuckles?) with a monogram of <3 A. A. on the front of the knuckles.

She explains "For you, love. Now when your are imposing your way on these heathens, we will brand them together and you will think of me. Your loving angel who supports you from afar."


Social Persona | HP: 51/51| AC: 20 (15 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 9, CMD: 23 | F: +4, R: +12, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc/SM: +11, Acro: +15, DD +18, Slth +23, Knw Loc +14 | Speed 30ft | ECB +13/+8, d10+10{+4d8/d4}; LB +13/+8, d8+5{+4d8/d4} | Active conditions:

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

Vox selects a blunt arrow and aims at the head of the nearest were-rat.

Blunt Arrow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 3d8 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (6, 1, 4) = 16


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

Aurelia:
"Well aren't these special," Nicoleta says after opening the box. "I'll think of you when I'm busting someone's nose with 'em." She gives the woman a quick kiss before slipping her fingers through the metal weapons.

The monk dashes in and leg sweeps the first wererat she reaches.

Leg Sweep Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Unarmed Damage - B - non-lethal: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 not silver

Trip Attempt vs CMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Leg Sweep Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Unarmed Damage - B - non-lethal: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 not silver


Vox’s arrow catches the first wererat in the head, then Nicoleta trips him and knocks him out with a fist to the face. While the rats converge on the monk, the other wererat draws his crossbow as he moves toward the mushrooms. One particularly large one emits a piercing shriek! The lycanthrope fires on Vox.

Bites: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 141d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

No hits. Everybody is up!


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

Nicoleta snarls and, racing forward, attempts to repeat her attack on the crossbow wielding figure.

Leg Sweep Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Unarmed Damage - B - non-lethal: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 not silver

Trip Attempt vs CMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Social Persona | HP: 51/51| AC: 20 (15 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 9, CMD: 23 | F: +4, R: +12, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc/SM: +11, Acro: +15, DD +18, Slth +23, Knw Loc +14 | Speed 30ft | ECB +13/+8, d10+10{+4d8/d4}; LB +13/+8, d8+5{+4d8/d4} | Active conditions:

Since it appears an archery duel is on the cards, Vox aims and fires with swift precision before ducking into the shadows.

Arrow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Stealth, Sniping: 1d20 + 15 - 20 ⇒ (8) + 15 - 20 = 3


Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

Aurelia locks eyes with the humanoid and engages in a mental game of chicken, staring at it and willing it to give pause. Daze, -2W, DC17


Will: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 2 = 2
Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Aurelia clouds the mind of the second wererat, preventing it from fighting back. Roz fires her crossbow at a rat but misses. Nicoleta kicks the wererat's legs but fails to trip him, then Vox shoots him with a bolt, leaving him badly wounded.

The rats rush after Nicoleta but fail to bite her again.

Bites: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Everybody is up!


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

"Hey, you little s~&@ bags!" Nicoleta snarls at the swarm of rats. "Isn't there professional courtesy between rats and vampires?"

Giving up on tripping the wererat, the dhampir settles for punching it with her silver-wrapped fists.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Unarmed Damage - B - non-lethal: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Unarmed Damage - B - non-lethal: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

Aurelia watches the monk land a solid right hook on one of the wererats and says to herself "Oooooh, nice!". She then calls out "How are they working, sweetie?"

Aurelia switches targets to the other creature and tries to take it out of the fight momentarily as well. Daze, -2W, DC17


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

"I'll give 'em five happy f$@*ing stars as soon as I'm done!" Nicoleta snaps back.


Social Persona | HP: 51/51| AC: 20 (15 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 9, CMD: 23 | F: +4, R: +12, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc/SM: +11, Acro: +15, DD +18, Slth +23, Knw Loc +14 | Speed 30ft | ECB +13/+8, d10+10{+4d8/d4}; LB +13/+8, d8+5{+4d8/d4} | Active conditions:

Arrow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Damage, NL: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Vox ignores the banter and sends another blunt arrow whistling into the were-rat archer's head.


Nicoleta and Vox knock out the second wererat. Roz reloads her crossbow.

The dire rats bite at Nicoleta again, and this time one sinks its yellow teeth into her thigh. Suddenly, a squirming, roiling mass of squeaking rats pours out of the narrow tunnels to the north, teeth flashing and claws scratching the dhampir!

Bites: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Swarm: 1d6 ⇒ 3

6 Damage to Nicoleta. She can take an AoO against the swarm, then she must make a DC 12 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round. Everybody may act.


Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

"Rats! What are supposed to do against rats? My magic doesn't work on rats!" she raises her crosbow fires and reloads.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Social Persona | HP: 51/51| AC: 20 (15 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 9, CMD: 23 | F: +4, R: +12, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc/SM: +11, Acro: +15, DD +18, Slth +23, Knw Loc +14 | Speed 30ft | ECB +13/+8, d10+10{+4d8/d4}; LB +13/+8, d8+5{+4d8/d4} | Active conditions:

Vox doesn't make any noise of disgust but retreats until she can aim an arrow safely. "Try something explosive." She suggests to Aurelia.

Arrow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

Fortitude Save vs DC 12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"F++@! F+@+! F!!%!" Nicoleta yells out as the rats swarm over her. She gives a final couple of stomps with her feet before pulling back out of the swarm.

Unarmed AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Unarmed Damage - B: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Unarmed Damage - B: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

move out of the swarm


Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

"Explosive?!" Aurelia retorts, rolling her eyes. "I don't make things explode!"

She grumbles to herself as she tries to think of something explosive and remembers she has incendiary bolts, but decides it will take too long to light them. She fires another bolt helplessly.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

"S*@%!"


Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 6

Nicoleta punches and kicks at the rats, squishing several as she falls back. Vox snipes the remaining rodents, and the few survivors of the swarm quickly scatter.

Roz takes down one of the dire rats with a crossbow bolt, but Aurelia misses.

Bites: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

The two remaining dire rats bite at Aurelia but fail to hit. You quickly dispatch the large rodents, and after a few moments the mushroom's shrieking subsides, leaving the cavern.

You can smell smoke and see flickering light coming from beyond the channel in the east wall through which the sewer filth flows. You'll have to trudge through the muck to continue on.


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

Nicoleta looks down at her feet and ankles already covered with foulness. "I guess we're not going to get much filthier," she says before moving to the channel. Keeping an eye out for traps, she steps through the muck carefully.


Several pieces of broken furniture, dried hay, and fragments of lumber burn in a small fire at the center of this open, ruggedly carved cavern. Short alcoves filled with filthy, oversized rats’ nests dot the walls, and the disgusting drip of polluted black condensation echoes through the chamber.

Four wererats stand guard here, crossbows at the ready. ”Surrender or die!” one demands.


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

"You try to take a shot at me with that overgrown pig-sticker and I'll rip it out of your hands and shove it up your furry arse," Nicoleta snarls back. "We're here to talk to Grizzy ... or Grizig ... or Girrigz ... or ... whatever the f~!# his name is. We can do it quiet and peaceful like or we can do it over your unconscious and bleeding bodies. Your call."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

I think I've been exceeding my quota on Diplomacy/Intimidate rolls for my characters recently. Yeesh.


Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

"Wait!" Aurelia calls out, holding her hand up and stepping in front of the monk as if to overrule her attempt at force. "We mean no harm. What my companion here is trying to say is, we wish only audience with Girrigz so that we may correct a misunderstanding." she pleads before Nicoleta can punch one in the face.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

Looking quite like she'd really like to punch one of the wererats in the face, Nicoleta narrows her eyes at Aurelia, but doesn't say anything else.


The wererats waver, taking a step back in the face of Nicoleta’s cold fury. When Aurelia speaks, one lets out a whistle. After a few seconds, a blurry dire rat squirms out of a tunnel in the east wall. It suddenly swells and twists with the sound of cracking bones into the shape of another wererat, this one hunched and feral-looking. ”Invaders! You have five seconds to convince me not to slaughter you where you stand!” he shrieks, brandishing his rapier.


Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

It takes all of her will to not frown and put on a s#@# face. I HATE being rushed. DO NOT RUSH ME she wants to scream into his ugly mug. Alas, she remains cool and calm and with a pleasant voice says "Ah. Girrigz, I presume? Well met. I hope you don't mind if I skip all the small talk and pleasantries and just get down to business, I don't want to waste either of her time."

Steepling her fingers, she explains "I'd like you to reconsider your position on this insurgence you are about to undertake. While we all can understand and find value in your approach, the outcome will be less than satisfactory for you and those that follow you. The city has proven time and time again that The Guard, The Marines and the nobility will stop at nothing to press the matter into their shaping. Your victory would come a at cost so great that it would be forgotten. Surely there must be another way. What can be done to bridge this divide?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

"Besides beating you lot to a bloody pulp and feeding you to the very rats you portend to be akin to," Nicoleta adds.

At the look Aurelia gives her, Nicoleta holds out her hands in surrender. "What? I'm trying to help."


Social Persona | HP: 51/51| AC: 20 (15 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 9, CMD: 23 | F: +4, R: +12, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc/SM: +11, Acro: +15, DD +18, Slth +23, Knw Loc +14 | Speed 30ft | ECB +13/+8, d10+10{+4d8/d4}; LB +13/+8, d8+5{+4d8/d4} | Active conditions:

"We were asked to come, to spare your people harm." Vox adds, appearing from the shadows. "None of your guards are dead. If we wanted to hurt you, they would be."

Diplomacy Aid! :D (At least I'm better than Nicoleta :P)


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

She was trying to help. Her idea of diplomacy, though, is 'Be my friend or I'll punch you in the face'.


Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

Oh my god! I can't take you two anywhere!

Aurelia makes a meant to note to leave the hounds outside the room next time. She turns around and shoots daggers at the two of them before turning her attention back to Girrigz.

"Forgive their rudeness, I'm still training them. As was said however, we did not come for a fight only to try and help persuade you to redirect yours to different means."


”’Reconsider my position?’” Girrigz says incredulously. ”For my entire life, my position has been beneath the boots of Korvosa’s people above! The humans have the numbers, but we have the strength! We should be ruling the city! If only the elder rats would get over their cowardice, we would take what is rightfully ours. And now the humans hunt us again. They blame us or the plague that ravaged them, weakens them, makes them ripe for the slaughter! No, this won’t end until the city burns and the humans are dead—starting with you!”

Initiative:
Aurelia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Nicoleta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Rozalia: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Vox: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Girrigz: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Before you can react, Girrigz rushes at Aurelia. When Nicoleta steps forward to intercept him, the wererat thrusts his rapier at her. A duplicate dhampir appears, confusing the lycanthrope. His blade pierces the mirror image instead, destroying it.

Rapier, Vital Strike: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Mesmeric Mirror: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Everybody may act!


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

"And that's where you f#@+ed up," Nicoleta snarls as she sweeps his leg.

Leg Sweep Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Unarmed Damage - B - non-lethal: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 non-silver

Trip Attempt vs CMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

She bares her teeth as she punches him with her silver-clad fist. "I'm not human."

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 Stunning Fist - DC 15 Fortitude save to avoid being stunned for one round.
Unarmed Damage - B - non-lethal: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

Aurelia stares wide-eyed as the creature rushes at her, certain that she is about to die. When Nicoleta steps in to take the blow, she exhales and refocuses. She stares at the soon-to-be-dying creature and shouts "STOP RIGHT THERE!"

Hold Person, DC19, -2W


Social Persona | HP: 51/51| AC: 20 (15 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 9, CMD: 23 | F: +4, R: +12, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc/SM: +11, Acro: +15, DD +18, Slth +23, Knw Loc +14 | Speed 30ft | ECB +13/+8, d10+10{+4d8/d4}; LB +13/+8, d8+5{+4d8/d4} | Active conditions:

Vox is going to wait for Aurelia's spell.

Vox sets an arrow to the string and aims menacingly at the other were-rats. "Don't do anything stupid now..."


Will: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 2 = 8
Will: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 2 = 10

Aurelia’s spell proves effective, paralyzing Girrigz! With Vox and Roz keeping their bows aimed at the other wererats, the lycanthropes heistate, waiting to see how you deal with their leader. Nicoleta knocks him to the ground, and still he remains paralyzed, at least for a few more seconds. His fate is in your hands...


Social Persona | HP: 51/51| AC: 20 (15 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 9, CMD: 23 | F: +4, R: +12, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc/SM: +11, Acro: +15, DD +18, Slth +23, Knw Loc +14 | Speed 30ft | ECB +13/+8, d10+10{+4d8/d4}; LB +13/+8, d8+5{+4d8/d4} | Active conditions:

"She promised." Vox says, shooting a glance at Nicoleta.


Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

Aurelia holds her hand up, holding the foe completely still. She looks over at Nicoleta out of the corner of her eye, waiting to see how she reacts.


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

"You're lucky my girlfriend is watching," Nicoleta whispers to the paralyzed wererat. "Otherwise your nose would be the least of the things I'd break on you,"

She takes a half-step back from him and then points her readied fist at each of the other figures as if challenging them to break the detente.


The other wererats do not attack, an eventually Girrigz breaks the paralysis. He glares at you from the ground. ”You beat me. Why not just kill me and be done with it?”


Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

"Because we are trying to explain to you that we want to seek a different path. It does not always need to be about death and violence. Break the tradition. Find a new path." Aurelia starts, shaking her head. "We want your help in leading that path. We are trying to save lives. We didn't come down here to kill you or any of your kin."


”Death and violence are the only ways your people react to me and my kin. What makes you any different?” Girrigz asks. His tone is a bit less hostile than before.


Female Dhampir Monk 8 | HP 68/68 | AC 22/25 T 20 FF 18/21 | Fort +10 Ref +11 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +16 darkvision, low-light vision | Move 50' | Stun Fist 8/8 | Ki Pool 8/8 | Detect Undead 3/3 | Harrow 3/3

"Listen, limp-dick," Nicoleta snaps at the wererat, "and get it through your thick head. We're trying to keep you from dying. Why? Because someone asked us to. If you take the violent path, you and all your fuzzy friends will die." She looks up at the other wererats. "Is that what you want?" she asks one of them. Without waiting for a response, she turns to the next one. "How about you? Interested in dying for no f!$#ing reason whatsoever?" She turns to the next. "You?"

She looks back down at Girrigz.

"You may think you're some kind of lycanthropic bad-arse, but there are thousands upon thousands of humans up there and when they face a common enemy - which you'll conveniently give them - they will utterly destroy you."

"At a time like this a smart rat keeps his head down. Not put it on the chopping block."


Girrigz looks at his followers, all of whom are suddenly unwilling to met his gaze. The wererat hisses. ”Fine. You’ve made your point. I’ll cease my planning to attack the city—for now, at least. But you have to tell your people that we aren’t spreading the plague that’s killing them! You cease your attacks on us, and we will call a truce. Deal?”


Portrait Female Human Mesmerist 8 | HP: 60 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 15 | F: +6 R: +10 W: +16 | Perception: +12 | Init: +3

Aurelia nods "Deal." and then looks to Nicoleta to solidify the deal with spitting in their hands or whatever gross s@*# that needed to be done.

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,994 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Curse of the Crimson Throne: Korvosa's Angels! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.