GM TOP #6-06: Hall of the Flesh Eaters (Core)

Game Master Pete H.

Slides


151 to 200 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

Bump. Anything from Fromagalli, Kasvot or Niza?

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 5 | HP: 25/27 | AC: 16 13 (12 13 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +3, R: +3 +4, W: +6 | Init: +7 +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor, fatigued

Kasvot approaches the wall carving--but not too closely--and studies the eyes. He tries to determine if they are fixating on LGZ, or if they now focus on him.

After watching the eyes for a bit, Kasvot casts detect magic and tries to determine what magic is at work.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

The Exchange

Female | HP 31/33 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15| F +4 R +7 W +7; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Bardic Performance 15/18 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 2/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 3/4

A little nervous from her place in the rear, "Is it creepy? I don't want to look. Can we cover it with a blanket?"


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

The flash of a magical trap triggers as Kasvot moves within ten feet of the statue.

Kasvot:
Please make a Will Save vs. necromancy [evil, mind-affecting]. I will provide the results as quickly as possible. You are welcome to use a re-roll at any point before those results are given, unless said re-roll specifically grants you the ability to do so after the result is given.

Liet-Gar:
Please make a Will Save vs. enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]. I will provide the results as quickly as possible. You are welcome to use a re-roll at any point before those results are given, unless said re-roll specifically grants you the ability to do so after the result is given.

Hold off on any actions until we get saves rolled, thanks!

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 5 | HP: 25/27 | AC: 16 13 (12 13 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +3, R: +3 +4, W: +6 | Init: +7 +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor, fatigued

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

And I just realized that Liet-Gar is immune to sleep... whoops. Disregard that request for a save LGZ, thanks!

Initiative:

Fromagalli: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Liet-Gar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Kasvot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Dimple: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Niza & Albis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Kasvot shuffles over as if under a trance to the dead body and leans down, ripping a chunk of flesh from the rotting arm swallowing it hungrily down.

Round 1
Liet-Gar
Niza & Albis
Dimple
Kasvot (Acted per the above but has a Will Save to end the effect and a Fort Save to not be sickened) 7 rds possibly remain
Fromagalli

All can act. There are no enemies but this needs to be tracked round by round.

Kasvot:
The creature that triggers the trap is compelled to fall upon a nearby helpless or dead humanoid creature and begin eating its flesh for 8 rounds, during which time it defends itself normally but takes no other actions. Each round after the first, the target can attempt another Will saving throw to end the effect. You triggered it and failed the save. :(

A high Knowledge Arcana check could theoretically allow someone other than Kasvot to figure out what spell he is being effected by. Other than that... he just walked over to a rotting corpse and started eating it.

The Exchange

Female | HP 31/33 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15| F +4 R +7 W +7; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Bardic Performance 15/18 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 2/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 3/4

"Hey, did you figure it out? Can we use a blanket? Wait, where are you going? Oh, going to check on the- WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!"

Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

It's not long until Dimple realizes the issue. "RABID ORC! RABID ORC! He's gonna try and kill us all!" She shakes her head. "I knew it was only a matter of time." She rolls up her sleeves, spits in her hands, realizes that was gross and wipes her hands off on Fromagalli's cloak, steps forward and casts a spell. Have to keep my hubba-hubba man safe! No runnin' off!

Casting Remove Fear on LGZ and Kasvot. Sorry Kas, it's the closest I have to Protection rom Evil. Hopefully there is a fear effect in the descriptor.

Sovereign Court

Clw wand charges 1 burning hands wand charges 1 disguise self wand 5 charges longstrider 47 Wands and wayfinder are from confirmation and first steps Hand of apprentice 2 use 4 remaining AC 15, touch 9, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor) hp 41 Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

know arcana: 1d20 ⇒ 2

With no idea whats going on Fromagalli scrabbles around in his pack and pulls out his wand of protection from evil and tries to use it on Kasvot

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 5 | HP: 25/27 | AC: 16 13 (12 13 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +3, R: +3 +4, W: +6 | Init: +7 +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor, fatigued

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 +4 if fear effect
Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Will, protection from evil: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28 +2 if fear effect


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

Out of Initiative!

Kasvot fails to overcome the effect, but somehow doesn't become nauseous from the ingestion of the rotting flesh.

Fromagalli rushes up to help his ally, granting him another chance to overcome the spell. The half-orc shakes his head, finally coming to his senses and is probably disgusted with what he just did.

Perception might be able to figure out where the trap is located and if it will trigger again... or you can just move really quickly through the room and hope it doesn't.

Kasvot:
Your earlier attempt to figure out the statue was interrupted by the trap triggering, but if you use Knowledge Arcana instead of Spellcraft on that roll you made you can figure out that the statue has a silent image spell imbued in it to make it appear to look at a person who enters the room. How this relates to what happened to you is unknown.

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 5 | HP: 25/27 | AC: 16 13 (12 13 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +3, R: +3 +4, W: +6 | Init: +7 +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor, fatigued

Kasvot disgorges his belly onto the corpse in front of him, emptying its contents in one massive gag. "What in the nine hells?!?" He glances quickly at the statue and points. "The eyes... just an illusion. Whatever made me do that was something more than that, though.... let's get out of here."

He leads the way towards the rooms other exit.

The Exchange

Female | HP 31/33 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15| F +4 R +7 W +7; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Bardic Performance 15/18 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 2/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 3/4

Not to sure she trusts the hungry, hungry half orc just yet, Dimple looks about the room. Looking for the trap.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

The wisely un-trusting gnome looks around but just can't quite figure out where the trap is located. She keeps her delicious fingers well away from Kasvot's mouth.


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

Bump. Anything else anyone wishes to do in this room?

Sovereign Court

Clw wand charges 1 burning hands wand charges 1 disguise self wand 5 charges longstrider 47 Wands and wayfinder are from confirmation and first steps Hand of apprentice 2 use 4 remaining AC 15, touch 9, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor) hp 41 Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Fromagalli will zap himself with the protection from evil wand and also anyone else who wants to linger and then inspect the corpse

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
heal: 1d20 ⇒ 4

With those checks I suspect its nothing to see here lets move on

The Exchange

Female | HP 31/33 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15| F +4 R +7 W +7; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Bardic Performance 15/18 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 2/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 3/4

Dimple nearly sprints across the room and waits for the others. The little gnome makes certain to give the blood-thirsty sorcerer a wide birth. Pshaw! 'The eyes' he says. Yeah right. He's had a taste of human blood. Only a matter of time until he realizes how delicious I am.

Her eyes turn wistfully toward the strapping warrior, I wish Liet-Gar would figure that out. "Stupid boys!"


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

The group hurries through the room smartly avoiding digging to much into details about whatever magical trap was there. It does not trigger again. Niza AND Albis give Kasvot a look as though they are saying, I've got my eyes on you!

Liet-Gar and Dimple take their time checking over the next door and it appears to be safe enough to open. Niza pushes it open and Liet-gar steps through to see...

This long, high-ceilinged hall is partially flooded with murky, stagnant water, and the sound of slowly dripping water echoes ominously throughout. A massive banyan tree has breached a large section of the south wall, and the tree’s enormous invasive roots now extend several feet into the hall. Long sheets of thick moss and other detritus cling to the twisted tree roots, forming a curtain-like barrier.

The water is treated like a shallow bog (Info on Map). What do you all do?

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 5 | HP: 25/27 | AC: 16 13 (12 13 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +3, R: +3 +4, W: +6 | Init: +7 +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor, fatigued

"It was a trap! What's with the evil eye all of a sudden?!? Did you all suddenly turn into witches? Well, you can't; witches don't exist." He turns to look at the boggy ground in front of them, frustrated at the sudden exile he's being subjected to. Glad I left Drummady's good shoes behind...

"Somebody else can venture in their first, for sure." He adds, pulling up the tail of his cloak and tucking it into the back of his trousers to keep it clean.

The Exchange

Female | HP 31/33 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15| F +4 R +7 W +7; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Bardic Performance 15/18 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 2/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 3/4

Cautiously unsure, "Yeah...totally. A trap."

Trap like a bear trap maybe. Bait it with food and watch the half-orc come runnin'! Surprised he didn't break out a fork and knife!

Seeing the bog, Dimple visibly deflates a bit. "Ya know, after the basement in Sarringallow, we should really invest in a raft." She thinks about it a moment with arms crossed. "Betcha there's leeches. This definitely has a 'leech' feel to it."

Sovereign Court

Clw wand charges 1 burning hands wand charges 1 disguise self wand 5 charges longstrider 47 Wands and wayfinder are from confirmation and first steps Hand of apprentice 2 use 4 remaining AC 15, touch 9, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor) hp 41 Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

memory playing tricks:
Maybe we should ask Calisto where she got this boat Or just buy it off her

Fromagalli produces the boat we got to the island from his pack in stowed form

Well picking it up and carrying it seemed better than leaving unattended at the base of the cliff.

Of course should check if using it here may leave us stuck with no way off

Know arcane: 10 + 11 = 21

Of course it may be another gloomspires adventure where we get here in magic rowboat

The Exchange

Half-Elf 5 | Mods: I.C. HP: 47/47| AC 20, T 13 15, FF 15 | CMD: 20| F: +8, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs enchant/some NL; immune sleep; +1 vs Fear | 30ft (40 w/o pack) | Rage: 0/5; Folio Re-Roll (3 star) 1/1 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Init: +5

Scurrying out into the bog, LGZ swings his blade a few times.

"Seems safe enough to me."


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

Fromagalli:
Yeah, that was from part II of this series. It was a good thought though!

Liet-Gar proudly leads the way as... he hasn't died yet doing it. He keeps his eyes open for leeches and well, he just can't imagine anything else attacking right now because that is all anyone is talking about.

His feet slap into the shallow water which comes up to just over his calves.

Suddenly there is a flurry of motion as two creatures burst out of the undergrowth around the tree and charge swimming over towards the half-elf. Neither critter connects at all, Liet-Gar is just too dang protected. But they do look suspiciously like leeches.

GM Screen:
Red bite + Charge vs. FF: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5 for BPS: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Blue bite + Charge vs. FF: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11 for BPS: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Surprise Round over, Initiative!

Initiative:

Fromagalli: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Liet-Gar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Kasvot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Dimple: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Niza & Albis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Enemy 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Enemy 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Round 1
Kasvot
Dimple
Liet-Gar
Niza & Albis

Leeches? (-2 AC till start of turn)
Fromagalli

Bold may act!

Trained Knowledge “Nature”:
With a success on your roll I will ID the creature. This ID will include basic type/subtype and one tidbit of knowledge. I will dole out the tidbits starting with signature special abilities and then working to more mechanical things like DR and other resistances. Multiple rolls from multiple players, assuming they both beat the DC, will grant additional information and not duplicate tidbits.

GM Screen:
Enemy 2 acts between Dimple and Liet-Gar

The Exchange

Half-Elf 5 | Mods: I.C. HP: 47/47| AC 20, T 13 15, FF 15 | CMD: 20| F: +8, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs enchant/some NL; immune sleep; +1 vs Fear | 30ft (40 w/o pack) | Rage: 0/5; Folio Re-Roll (3 star) 1/1 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Init: +5

"ACK! Uh...those the things you were worried about Dimple?"

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Frustrated these things are too close to touch, the half-elf does a double backflip away and swings at the one with blue tinged hide.

MWK Adamantine Ranseur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 for Piercing: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9 x3 crit

AoOs?:

MWK Adamantine Ranseur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 for Piercing: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8 x3 crit

MWK Adamantine Ranseur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 for Piercing: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9 x3 crit

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 5 | HP: 25/27 | AC: 16 13 (12 13 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +3, R: +3 +4, W: +6 | Init: +7 +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor, fatigued

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Kasvot calls a flaming sphere into being, using certain intuitive motions and whispers. The sphere appears immediately in the face of the leech to the right, burning it's flesh as it hovers in space.

Actions:

Standard: cast flaming sphere
Move: direct sphere to hover in place

Damage, fire: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 5) = 11

The Exchange

Female | HP 31/33 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15| F +4 R +7 W +7; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Bardic Performance 15/18 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 2/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 3/4

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"YES!...I guess. It's hard to tell with all that splashing about."

Casting Bless. +1 to hit and saves vs Fear

Sovereign Court

Clw wand charges 1 burning hands wand charges 1 disguise self wand 5 charges longstrider 47 Wands and wayfinder are from confirmation and first steps Hand of apprentice 2 use 4 remaining AC 15, touch 9, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor) hp 41 Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

know nature: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Well not even Kasvot finds leeches an idea of a good meal. Maybe he’s better now

Spoiler:
likely action is to cast true strike once leeches have acted

Dark Archive

NG Gnome Wizard 5 | Perc: +2 (+4 near Albis), Low-Light, SM: +0 (+2 near Albis) | HP: 47/47 42/42 (+10 Temp HP) | AC/Tch/FF 14/14/12 19/14/17 (-1 AC if Medium, +4 Dodge vs. Giants) | F/R/W +5/+4/+5 +4/+4/+5 (+4 vs. illusions) | CMD 16 (17 if Medium) | Init: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells in Profile, Telekinetic Fist 5/6 | Active conditions: -2 Con, Mage Armor (usually), Free Necklace | Albis

Albis takes flight, not planning on getting anywhere near the water. Niza moves up, club in hand and whacks at the one Liet-Gar attacked.

Move 20 ft into difficult terrain, Attack Blue.

Small 2-Handed MW Club + Bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23 for Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

The leeches have some cover while swimming but can be seen for spell effects. Also, you all rocked the crap out of the knowledge checks so... Help Yourself.

Kasvot wastes no time, summoning a ball of sizzling fire that spins and scorches the water around the leech into steam. The creature screeches in pain.

GM Screen:
Reflex Red Leech: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Dimple blesses the efforts of the group. But while she is calling out to Desna, she notices that a patch of water under the Mangrove roots is bubbling and roiling. She points it out to everyone (A trained Knowledge Nature check made by anyone may help identify the cause).

Liet-Gar and Niza team up on the other one, hacking and slashing at the disgusting creature.

One critter swims a mere five feet over and attempts to bite the half-elf. The other turns and goes after the gnome.

GM Screen:
Blue vs. LGZ bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 for BPS: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Red vs. Niza bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 for BPS: 1d6 ⇒ 4

With a vicious chomp, the bloodsucker clamps down onto LGZ's leg, rending flesh and attaching to slurp up tasty blood (6 HP, 1 Str and 1 Con damage)!

Fromagalli casts a spell to focus his aim.

Round 2 Bless is up, 9 rds remain
Kasvot
Dimple
Liet-Gar (-6 HP, -1 Str, -1 Con, grappled by blue)
Niza & Albis

Red Leech (-11 HP)
Blue Leech (-13 HP, attached to LGZ)
Fromagalli (True Strike)

Bold may act!

The Exchange

Half-Elf 5 | Mods: I.C. HP: 47/47| AC 20, T 13 15, FF 15 | CMD: 20| F: +8, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs enchant/some NL; immune sleep; +1 vs Fear | 30ft (40 w/o pack) | Rage: 0/5; Folio Re-Roll (3 star) 1/1 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 | Init: +5

Freaking no 2 handed stuffs...stupid grapple ;-)

"What the f....IT BIT ME!"

Dropping his weapon, the half-elf eyes the beasty... for a moment he considers pulling it free. *HRK* "Nope...ain't touching it. GET OFF"

Tugging out his hammer he quickly squashes the slimy creating burrowing into him.

Warhammer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 for Blunt: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 x3 crit

AoOs?:

Warhammer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for Blunt: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 x3 crit

Warhammer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 for Blunt: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 x3 crit

The Exchange

Female | HP 31/33 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15| F +4 R +7 W +7; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Bardic Performance 15/18 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 2/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 3/4

With growing frustration, "WHY IS EVERYTHING ON THIS ISLAND TRYING TO EAT US?? STOP DOING THAT!!!"

Casting Glistenening coconut scented tanning oil Grease on LGZ

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 5 | HP: 25/27 | AC: 16 13 (12 13 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +3, R: +3 +4, W: +6 | Init: +7 +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor, fatigued

With a simple wave of his hand, Kasvot redirects the flaming sphere to the other leech.

Actions:

Move (and standard? see below): redirect flaming sphere (Reflex DC 18)

Damage, fire: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) = 9


Action economy question:

Since the flaming sphere "can be extinguished by any means that would put out a normal fire of its size," Kasvot is actively keeping it above the surface of the water. I'm willing to give up his standard action to keep the flaming sphere in play, if that's what it takes. Should I proceed as if that's what Kasvot is doing, or is that not necessary?


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

Kasvot sends his orb over to the blue critter and attempts to scorch it, but he is too careful to keep it from burning Liet-Gar so the leech is able to avoid it.

GM Screen:
Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Liet-Gar drops his long weapon and aims to squash the vermin against his stout leg with a warhammer. He succeeds. The now dead leech detaches, flumping into the water and spraying blood everywhere.

I'll allow you to use a move so Kasvot still has a standard. I decided the water is shallow enough that a magical spell wouldn't be extinguished that easily. Dimple may also have her whole action back unless she still wishes to oil up LGZ.

The frothing under the mangrove tree intensifies (K: Nature to ID).

Round 2 Bless is up, 9 rds remain
Liet-Gar (-6 HP, -1 Str, -1 Con)
Kasvot (standard only)
Dimple
Niza & Albis

Red Leech (-11 HP)
Blue Leech (-22 HP, Dead)
Fromagalli (True Strike)

Bold may act! Don't forget the water is difficult terrain.

Dark Archive

NG Gnome Wizard 5 | Perc: +2 (+4 near Albis), Low-Light, SM: +0 (+2 near Albis) | HP: 47/47 42/42 (+10 Temp HP) | AC/Tch/FF 14/14/12 19/14/17 (-1 AC if Medium, +4 Dodge vs. Giants) | F/R/W +5/+4/+5 +4/+4/+5 (+4 vs. illusions) | CMD 16 (17 if Medium) | Init: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells in Profile, Telekinetic Fist 5/6 | Active conditions: -2 Con, Mage Armor (usually), Free Necklace | Albis

Albis continues circling the room.

The fiery-haired gnome takes another large overhead swing at the leech in front of her.

Small 2-Handed MW Club + Bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14 for Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 5 | HP: 25/27 | AC: 16 13 (12 13 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +3, R: +3 +4, W: +6 | Init: +7 +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor, fatigued

Running low on 1st level spell slots already, and no other 2nd level spells that would be effective, so Kasvot will delay.


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

Niza whacks the leech, but instead of dying it attempts to bite her back. But her wily magically armored self manages to easily dodge the nibble.

GM Screen:
Red Bite vs. Niza: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 for BPS: 1d6 ⇒ 4 & Attach

Round 2 Bless is up, 9 rds remain
Kasvot
Dimple
Liet-Gar (-6 HP, -1 Str, -1 Con)
Niza & Albis
Red Leech (-15 HP)
Blue Leech (-22 HP, Dead)
Fromagalli (True Strike)

Bold may act! Once Fromagalli gets a go I'll roll it around to Round 3.

Sovereign Court

Clw wand charges 1 burning hands wand charges 1 disguise self wand 5 charges longstrider 47 Wands and wayfinder are from confirmation and first steps Hand of apprentice 2 use 4 remaining AC 15, touch 9, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor) hp 41 Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Fromagalli moves u
p and hacks at red

1d20 + 20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 20 + 8 = 29
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Arcane two handed true striking

A witch has cursed me

Gives Kasvot the stink eye


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

Fromagalli moves up to confidently cleave the leech in twain with a well placed strike...

...but apparently the curse is true as his strike clangs against the stone floor beside the leech.

MAGIC HAS FAILED US AAHHHH RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Round 3 Bless is up, 8 rds remain
Kasvot
Dimple

Rolling Waters?
Liet-Gar (-6 HP, -1 Str, -1 Con)
Niza & Albis
Red Leech (-15 HP)
Blue Leech (-22 HP, Dead)
Fromagalli

Bold may act!

Damn... that sucks.

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 5 | HP: 25/27 | AC: 16 13 (12 13 Tch, 15 11 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +3, R: +3 +4, W: +6 | Init: +7 +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: mage armor, fatigued

Kasvot waves his hand again, returning the flaming sphere to the leech it was first conjured on. He then waits, watching, to see if his companions can finally finish it off; he keeps a magic missile spell ready in his mind in case they can't.

Actions:

Move: direct flaming sphere (Reflex DC 18)
Standard: readied action to cast magic missile if the leech attempts to attack any party member

Damage, fire (flaming sphere): 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3) = 14
Damage, force (magic missile): 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) + 3 = 10

The Exchange

Female | HP 31/33 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15| F +4 R +7 W +7; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Bardic Performance 15/18 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 2/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 3/4

Suddenly realizing that she is alone with 'the cannibal' AND that he is behind her, the gnome eases forward. I don't want to make any sudden moves. It might provoke him. To no one in particular (but very much to a specific someone) "I was just thinking about my Aunt Pudge. Her branches didn't go all the way to the top of the tree, if ya know what I'm sayin'. Anyhoo, she was always telling me I was too bitter and that she had really soured on me." The bard smiles That's right, keep yer teeth and icky chewin' fer tastier treats, like Albis...or Niza I guess. She looks like she'd be soft and tender.

Dimple then slowly takes a cautious first step on to the top of the flooded landing. She reaches out and places a hand on the half-elven warrior's back. "Good luck! You got this."

Granting LGZ a 'Bit of Luck'

Bit of Luck:
Bit of Luck (4x/day) You can touch a willing creature as a standard action, giving it a bit of luck. For the next round, any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result.


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

GM Screen:
Reflex DC 18: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Kasvot's sphere of fire sears the leech into a tasty cooked meal.

Dimple moves up and blesses LGZ with a bit of luck.

The rolling swarming bubbling water coalesces into a rolling swarming flood of tiny leeches. Sensing food nearby they rush towards Niza and Fromagalli. Encompassing the two pathfinders they attempt to drain them quickly of blood (Niza takes 8 damage and 2 str/con damage and Fromagalli takes 9 pts damage and 1 str/con damage).

GM Screen:
Niza Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

Fromagalli Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Blood Drain Niza: 1d3 ⇒ 2 str and con

Blood Drain Fromagalli: 1d3 ⇒ 1 str and con

Niza & Fromagalli:
Please make several saves before you act. First make a Fort Save vs. Poison. Then make another Fort Save vs. a Sickening Effect. I will provide the results as quickly as possible. You are welcome to use a re-roll at any point before those results are given, unless said re-roll specifically grants you the ability to do so after the result is given.

Round 3 Bless is up, 8 rds remain
Kasvot
Dimple
Leech Swarm!
Liet-Gar (-6 HP, -1 Str, -1 Con, Bit o' Luck 1 rd)
Niza (-8 HP, -2 Str/Con, multiple saves pending) & Albis

Red Leech (-24 HP, Dead)
Blue Leech (-22 HP, Dead)
Fromagalli (-8 HP, -1 Str/Con, multiple saves pending)

Bold may act! I'll finish up round 3 actions and then roll around to the top for round 4.

Trained Knowledge “Nature” on the swarm:
With a success on your roll I will ID the creature. This ID will include basic type/subtype and one tidbit of knowledge. I will dole out the tidbits starting with signature special abilities and then working to more mechanical things like DR and other resistances. Multiple rolls from multiple players, assuming they both beat the DC, will grant additional information and not duplicate tidbits.

The Exchange

Female | HP 31/33 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15| F +4 R +7 W +7; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Bardic Performance 15/18 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 2/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 3/4

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Ever one to point out the obvious, "Gah! Look out its a whole swarm of em!"


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

Dimple:
This is as obvious, a Swarm of Leeches. As a diminutive swarm of aquatic vermin they are immune to weapon damage and mind affecting effects and can probably swim really well. But most importantly, you remember that by just sharing a space with a leech swarm you will take damage AND be drained of blood (str and con damage).

The Exchange

Female | HP 31/33 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15| F +4 R +7 W +7; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Bardic Performance 15/18 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 2/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 3/4

"Why does no one ever listen to me? I totally said that there would be leeches. Don't stay near them! They'll suck you dry!" ...and then Kasvot will have people jerky to eat.

Sovereign Court

Clw wand charges 1 burning hands wand charges 1 disguise self wand 5 charges longstrider 47 Wands and wayfinder are from confirmation and first steps Hand of apprentice 2 use 4 remaining AC 15, touch 9, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor) hp 41 Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

fort 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
fort 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

He hacks at the things then moves away
attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"Doesn't matter magic is failing me"

Move speed is 40 with longstrider and mithril breastplate

Dark Archive

NG Gnome Wizard 5 | Perc: +2 (+4 near Albis), Low-Light, SM: +0 (+2 near Albis) | HP: 47/47 42/42 (+10 Temp HP) | AC/Tch/FF 14/14/12 19/14/17 (-1 AC if Medium, +4 Dodge vs. Giants) | F/R/W +5/+4/+5 +4/+4/+5 (+4 vs. illusions) | CMD 16 (17 if Medium) | Init: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells in Profile, Telekinetic Fist 5/6 | Active conditions: -2 Con, Mage Armor (usually), Free Necklace | Albis

Fort vs. Poison: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Fort vs. Sickening: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Knowledge: Nature Swarm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

Fromagalli:
You take 1d4 ⇒ 2 Dexterity Drain from the failed save vs. the poison. You are Nauseated for 1 round from the 2nd failed save.

Nauseated: Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. This doesn't really seem to have effected your round since you pretty much just moved away, which you could still do even while nauseated. Just a heads up, Red Leech was already dead.

Niza:
You made all your saves so are not poisoned or nauseated. You are aware that this is a leech swarm (you can look at Dimple's spoiler if you want). In addition to that information, you know they have a very nasty poison that causes Dexterity Drain but Saving once cures it. These leeches are susceptible to salt... if you have any. They essentially take damage like being hit by an acid flask.

Round 3 Bless is up, 8 rds remain
Kasvot
Dimple
Leech Swarm!
Liet-Gar (-6 HP, -1 Str, -1 Con, Bit o' Luck 1 rd)
Niza (-8 HP, -2 Str/Con) & Albis

Red Leech (-24 HP, Dead)
Blue Leech (-22 HP, Dead)
Fromagalli (-8 HP, -1 Str/Con, Nauseated 1 rd, -2 Dex Drain (Poison Save Round 4 pending))

Bold may act! I'll finish up round 3 actions and then roll around to the top for round 4.

Dark Archive

NG Gnome Wizard 5 | Perc: +2 (+4 near Albis), Low-Light, SM: +0 (+2 near Albis) | HP: 47/47 42/42 (+10 Temp HP) | AC/Tch/FF 14/14/12 19/14/17 (-1 AC if Medium, +4 Dodge vs. Giants) | F/R/W +5/+4/+5 +4/+4/+5 (+4 vs. illusions) | CMD 16 (17 if Medium) | Init: +2 | Speed 20ft | Spells in Profile, Telekinetic Fist 5/6 | Active conditions: -2 Con, Mage Armor (usually), Free Necklace | Albis

Niza adds a bit of information to Dimple's summary, "Poisonous too, very dangerous."

She quickly moves away from the leeches, taking care to not group up, "Salt hurts them. But so does this!" With an arcane word she turns towards the swarm, palm open. A gout of fire bursts out and envelops the swarm.

Move, Cast Burning Hands for Fire: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 2, 2) = 16. Should be 150% damage vs. swarm with a DC 14 Reflex for 1/2 of that.


V2 Secret Rolls | Mst Fall Fort| Spell Templates | Hall of the Flesh Eaters |

GM Screen:
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Niza seems to know the exact recipe for roast leech, beginning with making sure they are all dead. Her spread of flame cooks a good portion of the leeches that are unable to avoid any of it.

Round 3 Bless is up, 8 rds remain
Kasvot
Dimple
Leech Swarm! (-24 HP)
Liet-Gar (-6 HP, -1 Str, -1 Con, Bit o' Luck 1 rd)
Niza (-8 HP, -2 Str/Con) & Albis
Red Leech (-24 HP, Dead)
Blue Leech (-22 HP, Dead)
Fromagalli (-8 HP, -1 Str/Con, Nauseated 1 rd, -2 Dex Drain (Poison Save Round 4 pending))

Round 4 Bless is up, 7 rds remain
Kasvot
Dimple

Bold may act.

The Exchange

Female | HP 31/33 | AC 17, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 15| F +4 R +7 W +7; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +11 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 3/4 | 2nd 1/2 | Bardic Performance 15/18 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 2/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 3/4

Seeing her crush...boyfriend...soulmate {It's complicated} ally in trouble, she pokes him with a wand.

Wand of Heal LGZ: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Our next team investment may need to be scrolls of and/or a Wand of Lesser Restoration

Sovereign Court

Clw wand charges 1 burning hands wand charges 1 disguise self wand 5 charges longstrider 47 Wands and wayfinder are from confirmation and first steps Hand of apprentice 2 use 4 remaining AC 15, touch 9, flat-footed 15 (+6 armor) hp 41 Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Retching in a corner Fromagalli pulls out a wandand wonders if there is one last charge left in it

151 to 200 of 350 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / #6-06: Hall of the Flesh Eaters (Core) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.