GM Jhaeman's "The Prince of Augustana" (Inactive)

Game Master Jhaeman

Maps & Handouts


351 to 400 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

The sailor drops her rapier, which clangs on the floor, and uncoils her rope, on which a hook is attached. She aims, and throws the line toward her fallen comrade.

She manages to barely get the hook round Onu's leg, and readies herself to drag the unconcious Oread out of danger

Throw hook: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Dont know the cover malus, hoping it's no more than -4

Get these demons, or devils, busy while I see what I've fished!


You rolled exactly what you needed! You can start reeling him towards you next turn.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

Do I need a STR check or something?

Hope someone can heal him, or at least stop his bleedin"


No Strength check is needed--with a 13 Strength, you can drag up to 750 pounds, and even an oread doesn't weigh that much :)

The Exchange

NG F human ninja 2 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 19/19 | F +2, R +6, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +5]

Tsuan sheathes her wakizashis and pulls out a wand of cure light wounds.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 2 HP 15/15 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (+4) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 3/3 | luck 8/8

Shooting into that mess would not be a good idea. sigh.

Frustrated, Bahram puts his bow away and pulls out his wand. Only a couple of charges left...I can always drop it and switch back to the sword. Could be worse. I could be Onu.

Grand Lodge

F Half-Orc Investigator(empiricist) 2 | HP 15/15| AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. Inspiriation +1d6 5/day)

Shagar moves to get behind his companion, and she sheathes her sword to get her ranged weapon!

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

Seldiir prepares to strike ready action.

power attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 6) + 9 = 18

Confirm crit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Crit damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5) + 9 = 17


Evelyn skilfully tosses a grappling hook and catches Onu's boots. As she starts to pull, Tsuan and Bahram pull out wands. Shagar pulls back to make room for Seldiir to get into the fight.

1 attack of opportunity vs Shagar, but it missed.

Onu has his stabilization check to make, and then the demon surge!

GM Dice:

Attack Roll vs Shagar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male CN Oread Ectoplasmatist (Spiritualist) 1 | HP 6/10, 1str dmg | AC 16, touch 15, flat-footed 15 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +3 | Speed 15ft | Treacherous earth: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: None.

stabilize: 1d20 ⇒ 2
sorry, that was pretty reckless of me to go charging in...


Dat continues bleeding as a demon charges forward, only to be cut down by Seldiir's greatsword! Another demon, wounded earlier in the fracas, advances and bites Seldiir in the neck!

Seldiir, you take 5 points of damage.

Onu is now at -3.

The black demon "won" the race to move first and get killed by Seldiir.

GM Dice:

Move first (1 black, 2 blue, 3 yellow): 1d3 ⇒ 1
Move second (1 blue, 2 yellow): 1d2 ⇒ 2
Attack roll vs. Seldiir: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage roll vs. Seldiir: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Initiative (Round 4)

Seldiir
Shagar
Bahram
Evelyn
Onu
Tsuan

Creatures

Bold may go!

The Exchange

NG F human ninja 2 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 19/19 | F +2, R +6, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +5]

Tsuan notes with some dismay that she had retrained her UMD skill before this adventure - she is now untrained. There's no way she can us the wand, is there?


Unfortunately no, it's a trained-only skill.

The Exchange

NG F human ninja 2 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 19/19 | F +2, R +6, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +5]

It looks like Evelyn pulled Onu out of the staircase, anyway.

Tsuan puts the wand away and draws her wakizashis again.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

”Aargh, damnitall!”

Seldiir retaliates.
Power attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 6) + 9 = 19

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

Healing, untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Evelyn tries to stop the blood loss, but to no avail

Grand Lodge

F Half-Orc Investigator(empiricist) 2 | HP 15/15| AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. Inspiriation +1d6 5/day)

Shagar pulls out her wand of CLW and touches Seldiir with it. "Keep it up, I got your back!"

Wand CLW: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 2 HP 15/15 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (+4) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 3/3 | luck 8/8

Seeing that he can't get to Onu to help him, and seeing Shagar heal Seldiir, Bahram grins e in exasperation. Sheathing his wand, he pulls his axe out once again.

ready am action to step up and attack am enemy


Just as Seldiir cuts down another demon, Evelyn pulls Onu to safety and Shagar is ready with a healing wand. Onu regains consciousness, and there's only one foul monster from the Abyss left!

Onu, you are now conscious with 4 hit points but prone. I've moved you to an empty square next to Evelyn. It's your turn and then the last demon's.

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

It seems Shagar healed Seldiir, not Onu…


Oh, you're right! Sorry. Ok, Onu you need to roll another stabilization check--DC 13 Constitution check this time. Then it'll be the last demon's turn.


The last demon launches itself at Seldiir with a flurry of claws and bites!

Seldiir, one of the attacks hits and you take 5 more points of damage.

Botting Onu's stabliziation check. Onu, you take another point of damage and are now at -4.

GM Dice:

Stabilization Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Claw # 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Claw # 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Bite Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Initiative (Round 5)

Seldiir
Shagar
Bahram
Evelyn
Onu
Tsuan

Creatures

Bold may go!

Grand Lodge

F Half-Orc Investigator(empiricist) 2 | HP 15/15| AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. Inspiriation +1d6 5/day)

Keeping her wand out, Shagar heals Onu.
CLW: 1d8 ⇒ 1

"Seldiir, hold them off so I can heal up Onu!"

The Exchange

NG F human ninja 2 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 19/19 | F +2, R +6, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +5]

Tsuan runs down the stairs and through the demon's square to flank.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Assuming that doesn't make it, Tsuan will strike once with a wakizashi.

Wakizashi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Shagar's wand stops Onu's bleeding as Tsuan dashes down the stairs and cuts the demon with her blade.

Shagar/Onu, I think a wand of cure light wounds does 1d8+1, so Onu, you'll get two hp back and be stabilized at -2.

Tsuan, you fail to get through its square and provoke an AoO but it misses. I gave you a +1 to your attack roll for being on higher ground, so your attack just hits.

GM Dice:

AoO vs Tsuan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

Seldiir keeps on swinging.
power attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 1) + 9 = 13

Dark Archive

Female Half Elf Swashbuckler 1 Init+3 HP 13/13 AC 15 T 12 FF13 Fort+2 Ref+4 Will+2 Perc+6 Spd 30

Evelyn gets her rapier ready to strike now that Onu is out of danger


The third and final demon collapses to the ground in a gout of sizzling blood.

We are off Initiative. Seldiir may have shown up to the scenario late, but he's come in very handy :) Everyone, you may need to scroll back a bit to see the initial description of the two rooms.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

Seldiir spits on the ground, watching blood and phlegm mingle on the dirt.

Then he retrieves a wand from his pack to close his wounds.
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The Exchange

NG F human ninja 2 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 19/19 | F +2, R +6, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +5]

Tsuan will sneak over to the back rooms where the demons came from.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Wakizashis out.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 2 HP 15/15 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (+4) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 3/3 | luck 8/8

Bahram, seeing Tsuan scouting ahead, calls out "I'm pretty good at taking traps apart, if you spot any!" in an attempt to feel useful at this time.

"Are those stairs? Is Onu back up yet? I can't see anything from back here."

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

Seldiir heals Onu as well.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

And again:
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

Seldiir smiles at Onu, ”Good to see you back up. How you doin’?”

No, really, how many hit points are you on now?

Grand Lodge

Male CN Oread Ectoplasmatist (Spiritualist) 1 | HP 6/10, 1str dmg | AC 16, touch 15, flat-footed 15 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +3 | Speed 15ft | Treacherous earth: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: None.

"Sorry, I messed up there. Thanks for helping me."

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)
Onu the Furious wrote:
"Sorry, I messed up there. Thanks for helping me."

”Jaxelle Pandivar, my mentor, told me that a mistake you learn from isn’t a mistake at all, it’s a lesson.”

Seldiir used his wand again.
clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Tsuan advances carefully into the rear room, but nothing is hiding back there--it appears that the danger has passed.

The Exchange

NG F human ninja 2 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 19/19 | F +2, R +6, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +5]

"Clear!"

Grand Lodge

F Half-Orc Investigator(empiricist) 2 | HP 15/15| AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. Inspiriation +1d6 5/day)

"I'm glad I could keep you all alive."

The Exchange

NG F human ninja 2 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 19/19 | F +2, R +6, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +5]

To be clear, there's no portal?


The stairs in the corner of the eastern room are choked with charred rubble. Odd furniture and knick-knacks of all description fill the remaining space, and strange winged effigies made of wood and broken pottery are arrayed in a bizarre diorama. The focal point of this display is a pair of chairs standing on different-sized piles of old crates like thrones on a dais. A charred and shrivelled corpse dressed in rotting and burnt finery and wearing a tin crown is propped up in one of the chairs while the other, lower chair, sits vacant.

The rooms further to west contain shelves thick with growing yellowcap mushrooms. Painted on the back wall is a circle of swirling color patterns, while on the floor lies an open and empty scroll case next to a slightly charred blank piece of parchment.

Here's the description of the two rooms.

The Exchange

NG F human ninja 2 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 19/19 | F +2, R +6, W +0 | Init +5, Perception +5]

Tsuan has no idea if yellowcap mushrooms are valuable - or dangerous. She'll stay away. But the swirling colors could be the portal.

"Looks like the king's been dead for a while and the prince is upstairs."

Grand Lodge

Male CN Oread Ectoplasmatist (Spiritualist) 1 | HP 6/10, 1str dmg | AC 16, touch 15, flat-footed 15 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +3 | Speed 15ft | Treacherous earth: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 0/2 | Active conditions: None.

Seldiir, did you use that CLW on you or me?

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

Sorry, should have been clearer. On you, Onu.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

”In the stories, devils offer kingdoms and the like to tempt people.”

Seldiir kicks at the burnt parchment with his boot, ”Was this a scroll, perhaps? Did some magic go awry?”

Seldiir then takes a peak at the mushrooms.
knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Seldiir:
The mushrooms look familiar, but you can't quite remember what they are.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Chelaxian) Ranger (Sable Company Marine, Shapeshifter) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18/12/16 | Init+7; Perc+6 | Fort+4(+5) Ref +5 Will+1(+2)

”Hey, Shagar, you know anything about these mushrooms?”

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 2 HP 15/15 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (+4) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 3/3 | luck 8/8

kn. nature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"If I were a betting man, I'd say that those mushrooms cause hallucinatory delusions...but, I don't really recognize these particular fungi."

Bahram will peruse the rooms with a detect magic cone, like a wizardly sleuth with his flashlight looking for clues.

351 to 400 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay Thread for GM Jhaeman's "The Prince of Augustana" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.