Boston Theoretical PbP

Game Master Tarren Dei

Transdimensional superheroes.
Starfinder+ for modern day superpowers.


10,051 to 10,100 of 10,591 << first < prev | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | next > last >>

Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:

Four hours into this blizzard of tiny motes of light, all of you can see something huge and white swim by. It looks a like a large fat mass of motes trailing tentacles of motes. The thing sucks in the little tiny bits of light that you know represent entire dimensions. The tentacles behind it drip these motes behind it.

Two hours later you see it swimming even closer. It has anatomy. It has an eye as big as your ship.

It's eye is examining your ship.

It swims past, but it may be coming around again.

What do you do?

Dumbfounded, Theo jokes "Well, this would be an awful time to sh|t my brand-new armor." The godling checks. "Whew. Still clean."

"Um..Gay Deceiver? Let's move in a more away-direction, if you please?"


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Nissa experiencing time over ten thousand times faster than Theo watches the large creature.

”Please go. Shoo. Ummm… okay, you’re going then. Speed up. No, no. Don’t look back. Go away. Please…”

After an hour of the creature moving a few feel, Nissa can easily predict the creature’s trajectory. She goes to lay down again. After eight hours of sleep, the creature is further away, but not really that far.

“Scram.”


The Olympian wrote:
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:

Four hours into this blizzard of tiny motes of light, all of you can see something huge and white swim by. It looks a like a large fat mass of motes trailing tentacles of motes. The thing sucks in the little tiny bits of light that you know represent entire dimensions. The tentacles behind it drip these motes behind it.

Two hours later you see it swimming even closer. It has anatomy. It has an eye as big as your ship.

It's eye is examining your ship.

It swims past, but it may be coming around again.

What do you do?

Dumbfounded, Theo jokes "Well, this would be an awful time to sh|t my brand-new armor." The godling checks. "Whew. Still clean."

"Um..Gay Deceiver? Let's move in a more away-direction, if you please?"

"I'm afraid Henri said not to follow anyone else's commands, but his," says Gay Deceiver, "I am, however, choosing to move in a more away-direction entirely of my own volition and not because you told me to."


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

”Perfectly fair, Gay Deceiver. Your sensors will see things faster than I can hope to.. I have never flown a craft as intelligent as you are.”

Mentally ”Feel free to accept the suggestions of the team - the people currently in the ship - as you work within the parameters of my orders.”


We'll move fast through this unnecessary side trek ... Sorry if some of you had cool thoughts to post. You can retcon post your own character's perception of time later.

As Gay Deceiver moves in an away direction, the giant white squid/kraken/whale type creature becomes more perceivable. It appears to be something that swallows and excretes continuities. Maybe it helps to combine continuities when there are no longer any significant differences between them.

As Gay Deceiver moves further away still, you can vaguely see that the creature is not alone. There are others, a pod of them, each with eyes bigger than your ship.

The Atlanteans who got lost in the sea of time might have names for these, but you can call it what you want.

The last one in the pod rubs one of its long tentacles against Gay Deceiver and sends it in another direction entirely.

"Well, great," says the ship, "Now, I'm lost."

The ship might be lost, but hope is not. Dealing with this should be easy and it is time to make a jump again. What's the plan?


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Nissa tries to tell Henri what she thinks is a really great idea, now that he and Theo are starting to actually move again.

She is still a thousand times faster, than a hundred times faster—a spark zipping about, speech imperceptible to a dog! Finally, she starts to sound like an irate chipmunk in a helium leak. Her tiny arms wave about rapidly like hummingbird wings. Her actual wings are glowing transparent fans.

“…ansoestourceofactiontodrinkfromthechalicesowedon’t hafta go through that again, y’know?”

She looks to Dad for approval. Because that plan she just laid out to Henri was her best idea ever, or at least on her personal top ten list!


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

Theo holds out his hand, and holds Nissa Close. "I know, sweetie. This place sucks. But we better get used to it."


Male Chimera... thing Soldier 7 | HP 55/55 SP 43/77 | KAC 23 EAC 21 | F +9 R +3 W +6 (+2 vs. mind-affecting) | Init +5 | Perc: +10 | RP 9/9 | Current form: Bipedal
Head Text Key:
Bold--right 'dinosaur' head | Plain text--middle fox head | Italic--left jaguar head

"It does seem like we'll want to make a habit of using the Chalice before we do this kind of thing," Unity comment, once they finally drag themself from their ruminations.

"Getting used to this is all well and good, but it seems like there's a lot of risks to traveling this way. So let's get the Chalice out and navigate a better way to when we want to be."


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

”Im very sorry, everyone. If we’re going to use the ship, the pilot needs to improve his skills beyond those of a sky jockey, clearly.”

Henri will absolutely drink from the chalice if it is offered in order to improve his chances of success for his friends.


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

Shrugging, Theo unhooks The Chalice from his belt. "Any water or liquid with this flight?"


1+6 biohacks per short rest4 left Stamina42/42 HP 46/46Res 8/8 KAC 18 KAC 15 CMAC | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6

Gaping eyed at the entities Zellgato mumbles "Well that might be a good argument against the sataliste station....."

At Theo's inquiry.
"Water, instant coffee, mini bottles of vodka, whiskey, sake, and a grape juice. I don't suggest drunken time travel." as he rifles through his pack.


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

"Grape juice, it is." Theo poured the carton into The Chalice.
"Chalice, send this ship to the interview on time, please?"


1+6 biohacks per short rest4 left Stamina42/42 HP 46/46Res 8/8 KAC 18 KAC 15 CMAC | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6

"Maybe add an hour or 30mins before... we gotta get closer, park, you two gotta meet up, going through all that proccess and crap right?" taking a drink of his own water, feeling dehydrated from the trip.


When Henri drinks from the Chalice:
Henri's had his head knocked back repeatedly in these adventures. The nanites have let him open his minds to vast intelligences. This experience is similar.

Henri, looking around at the motes of light, knows them. Gay Deceiver now swims among all the worlds where humans and dinosaurs co-existed. Henri knows them and their designations.

He also knows where to find the world he just came from. It's not that far.

Henri can make another Will save with an additional +2 from having drunk from the Chalice. He is not lost because he knows exactly where he is.


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

"Ah, there it is." Henri mentally shows Gay Deceiver their destination and attempts the exit from the Shuffle.

Will Save with Chalice bonus: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28


The ship jets within the Shuffle approaching one specific mote, turning towards it as the mote attempts to swim past until it grows larger and larger and encompasses the ship. The light surrounds the ship, until it does not. Those viewing through the video-windows see all of this.

Henri, Gay Deceiver, and all the passengers end up exactly when and where Henri intends.

Which is when and where exactly?


I believe it was just enough time to get to the show?

Boston Theoretical will have had transportation waiting.

Is it just Theo and Nissa going on the show? What are the others doing?


Male Chimera... thing Soldier 7 | HP 55/55 SP 43/77 | KAC 23 EAC 21 | F +9 R +3 W +6 (+2 vs. mind-affecting) | Init +5 | Perc: +10 | RP 9/9 | Current form: Bipedal
Head Text Key:
Bold--right 'dinosaur' head | Plain text--middle fox head | Italic--left jaguar head

"It's likely best for the rest of us to remain unseen, to give ourselves maximum flexibilty to be seen elsewhere at this time," Unity say.

"We could probably use a nap," they add. "We doubt what we're going to have done in Greece will be easy. We'd better be in good shape for it."


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

“Oh, Dad! This is going to be so much fun!”

Nissa zips from Gay Deceiver to the arranged transportation. Unless there is a special place for a three-inch-tall person to sit, she takes a seat in a cup holder.


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

Henry will 'commune' mentally with Gay Deceiver while they wait, trying to strengthen his skills before their next jump.


1+6 biohacks per short rest4 left Stamina42/42 HP 46/46Res 8/8 KAC 18 KAC 15 CMAC | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6

"I'm going to go decomrpess from that...trip.I've prepared in general already."
Zellgato will head to a nearish by pub and drink some apple cider like drinks-more than advisable, and order himself a burger and fried something. Proping his vid up he settles in to watch them live and drink his memories to sleep again.


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

Glad to see the color has returned to Nissa's face, Theo smiles at her enthusiasm. "I agree."


When Nissa and Theo arrive at Tasha Gentry Studios they can't help but be impressed. She's made a lot of money, partly thanks to her close relationship with the heroes who saved the world and then disappeared.

The lobby is lavish and walls light up with pictures of Theo, Nissa, and some of the other heroes, who aren't present.

Hoverdrones record Theo and Nissa walking in ... these are newer, quieter, and much more expensive hoverdrones than Tasha had before.

The drones lead the way. The flunkies jumping out and gesturing while bowing are just for show.

Tasha's studio is smaller than it looks on the screen. The audience is one wall with selected viewers faces clearly visible.

The stage has a backdrop that makes it seem deeper.

Tasha's waiting in a chair.

She leaps up when you both walk in and looks like she wants to hug you but is unsure of whether to hug Nissa. She embraces Theo and says, "I was sooo worried about you today. Everybody wants to know what happened! Were any of you hurt?"


Henri Patineur wrote:
Henry will 'commune' mentally with Gay Deceiver while they wait, trying to strengthen his skills before their next jump.

Henri's commuting with the ship, if done regularly, will replace the Chalice's +2 for checks to jump. We could consider using it for any other checks that aren't Piloting checks per se and that could be enhanced by the nanites.


Zellgato wrote:

"I'm going to go decomrpess from that...trip.I've prepared in general already."

Zellgato will head to a nearish by pub and drink some apple cider like drinks-more than advisable, and order himself a burger and fried something. Proping his vid up he settles in to watch them live and drink his memories to sleep again.

Drunk patron attitude check: 1d20 ⇒ 3


Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
Zellgato wrote:

"I'm going to go decomrpess from that...trip.I've prepared in general already."

Zellgato will head to a nearish by pub and drink some apple cider like drinks-more than advisable, and order himself a burger and fried something. Proping his vid up he settles in to watch them live and drink his memories to sleep again.
[dice=Drunk patron attitude check]1d20

A man about Zellgato's size spots Zellgato while on his way to the toilet.

"Hey, you're that f&*$ing guy," he says. It takes him a while to say it and the look on his face says he might not actually know who you are just that he would if he were sober. He also seems like he's been angry for a while.


Unity, Chimeric Superhero wrote:

"It's likely best for the rest of us to remain unseen, to give ourselves maximum flexibilty to be seen elsewhere at this time," Unity say.

"We could probably use a nap," they add. "We doubt what we're going to have done in Greece will be easy. We'd better be in good shape for it."

Gay Deceiver has a very nice bunk specially made for Unity. Or Unity can head back home to Boston Theoretical where BT has new quarters for them.


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Nissa is pretty sure Tasha is talking about the time they skipped and then went back to.

“Heyyy, Tasha!. Umm, we are fine as you can see, but… we gotta process it before we can really talk about it. That said, The Olympian and I both agreed that no matter how hard the nigh was on us, we made a promise to you, and so we’re keeping it!

“I mean, there’s so much to talk about regarding our three-year absence, and I’m also hoping to drop a little bombshell I meant to tell the world after my 21st birthday. But the day after my birthday was the day we disappeared.”

She wonders if special arrangements were made to accommodate her size and her glowing body, so the audience can see her well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
She leaps up when you both walk in and looks like she wants to hug you but is unsure of whether to hug Nissa. She embraces Theo and says, "I was sooo worried about you today. Everybody wants to know what happened! Were any of you hurt?"

Theo smiles as he hugs the journalist.

Theo's mental Dialogue:
F-F-F-U-U-C-C-K!! "She's talking about something that hasn't happened yet to us at Mount Olympus!!!

Nissa, the Subatomic Bombshell wrote:
“Heyyy, Tasha!. Umm, we are fine as you can see, but… we gotta process it before we can really talk about it. That said, The Olympian and I both agreed that no matter how hard the nigh was on us, we made a promise to you, and so we’re keeping it!"

"Yes. Still processing", the godling said with a icon smile.


To get Tasha to change the topic, I think I'm going to need a Diplomacy Check opposed by Tasha's Profession (Journalist) check. The more you beat her by, the longer she lets it go.

Tasha looks surprised.

"I understand. It must have been so frightening!" says Tasha. She pauses. Hugs Theo again. Pauses. "Was that enough time to process? Because we all really want to know!"

The audience cheers Tasha on as she asks. You can hear more audience members than you can see. The AI sometimes rotates the ones you can see.

Tasha's Professionalism check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

Tarren:
First of all, Tarren! You're an evil bast@rd!!
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
"Tasha, please understand. It all happened essentially in the most sacred place I hold dear. I'm certain more will be made clearer in the coming days."


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Diplo: 1d20 + 16 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 16 + (4) = 26

“Y’know, you got your rules; we got ours. But you know I’ll always come to you first for exclusives.”


"Okay, well," says Tasha obviously disappointed, "You heard it. Nissa and Theo will give Tasha Gentry Live viewers the exclusive on what you saw on the news today."

Tasha flicks an eye at the corner of the wall in front of her and the background changes. A montage of gossipy headlines, mostly from Tasha's competitors, and sympathetic pics of Nissa flash by. There are a few pics of Theo to and the group in general. The theme of the montage is generally 'The Other super-newsfeeds Tear TAROT Down, but Tasha's Got Their Backs.' The headlines speculate on Nissa's boyfriends, sexuality in general, whether her and Theo are a thing, but also about whether TAROT "packed it in" or "f@@*ed it up" causing their absence.

"So, what is it you wanted to tell Tasha Gentry Live viewers?" asks Tasha. "You know how much we've missed you, right?"

The audience cheers as heart reacts flood the screen.


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

Theo sits down on the comfortable office chair for the interview. "We, on TAROT, appreciate all the well wishes since we've returned. Funny how you said you missed us. The team left Earth for several years, but in our point of relativity, it was a couple of weeks. One of the downsides to protecting multiple universes, is not all alternate universes have time run at the same rate."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Nissa plays off Theo, affirming, “Yeah, the three years was literally three days for us. That was a first.” To the camera, she goes on, “It means the world to me to know how much I was missed. I guess I wanna start with that boyfriend list. Because the only man’s heart I broke from being gone was Phineas van Donk’s. That’s my adoptive dad.

“I never had a boyfriend. But if I did, Tasha, can you imagine what it would’ve been like for me to one day… just… be gone? And then, three years pass and I’m back, but… the flesh-and-blood me is never coming back.

“This is me, now. Three inches on tippy-toes and I glow in the dark. And in the light too. All the time, really, so… just ‘I glow.’ Anyway, if I did have a boyfriend, how do you think all this would affect him?”


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

"The only upside", Theo smirked, "was I didn't have to wait long for the next Vandal Savages holo-disk."
The godling is trying to elicit a comical response from the audience. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

When the Distraction Joke falls flat (nat.1 says it does), Nissa says to Theo, “I thought you were gonna save the Dad Jokes for the big reveal.” Her tone is quite casual. It’s not an accidental slip, and she will let Tasha decide which topic to press on.


"I'm guessing Theo hasn't heard about the Vandal-Scandal. We'll break it to you on a break!" says Tasha trying to help get a sympathetic laugh at least for Theo.

"I hear what you're saying, Nissa," says Tasha, "But I bet there are lots of guys who love Nissa whether she's flesh and blood or pure light, am I right?"

The algorithm picks out a number of smiling nodding male faces to display on the wall.


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Nissa replies, “Sorry gentlemen, but my heart belongs to a lady.”

Thinking of L.C., Nissa’s aura glows a hot pink.

Supermodel: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37

And she knows exactly how to pose for the camera. Maybe the way she crossed her legs and the eyes, those lips… if there was any flaw at all, the pose was too perfect! She’d been thinking about revealing her sexuality to the world for a long time. (Well, a couple weeks to her, but three years and three months as far as the world knows.)

Hopefully, L.C. is watching. Hopefully she appreciates me not revealing her.

Nissa segues to the topic on who her Dad is:

“Yeah, so the speculation may continue, but a Girlfriend List at least stands a chance at a correct guess.

“There is a relationship between Theo and I thought.” She looks to Theo, in case he would prefer to make the official reveal.


Male Chimera... thing Soldier 7 | HP 55/55 SP 43/77 | KAC 23 EAC 21 | F +9 R +3 W +6 (+2 vs. mind-affecting) | Init +5 | Perc: +10 | RP 9/9 | Current form: Bipedal
Head Text Key:
Bold--right 'dinosaur' head | Plain text--middle fox head | Italic--left jaguar head
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:


Gay Deceiver has a very nice bunk specially made for Unity. Or Unity can head back home to Boston Theoretical where BT has new quarters for them.

Unity sleep on the ship, for maximum "not being seen in two places at once" safety.


Nissa, the Subatomic Bombshell wrote:

Nissa replies, “Sorry gentlemen, but my heart belongs to a lady.”

Thinking of L.C., Nissa’s aura glows a hot pink.

[dice=Supermodel]d20+17

And she knows exactly how to pose for the camera. Maybe the way she crossed her legs and the eyes, those lips… if there was any flaw at all, the pose was too perfect! She’d been thinking about revealing her sexuality to the world for a long time. (Well, a couple weeks to her, but three years and three months as far as the world knows.)

Hopefully, L.C. is watching. Hopefully she appreciates me not revealing her.

Nissa segues to the topic on who her Dad is:

“Yeah, so the speculation may continue, but a Girlfriend List at least stands a chance at a correct guess.

“There is a relationship between Theo and I thought.” She looks to Theo, in case he would prefer to make the official reveal.

Tasha shrugs off the big reveal that Nissa is gay. It's 2222 after all.

At the bit about a relationship with Theo, she looks puzzled, and says, "Oh? Okay ... Do tell."


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Nissa is pleasantly surprised that Tasha missed what the reveal implied: that she has a girlfriend.

Or at least she’s hopeful that things with L.C. are recoverable. They certainly would not be had Tasha pressed for the airing of dirty laundry.

The point of bringing up That Topic first was so a better reveal could be her Out. But this worked better than Nissa could have hoped. The topic of her sexuality was hot when she was perceived straight. Suddenly it’s just ‘oh.’ No recognition that she wasn’t in some kind of 20th Century closet (which she only knows about from 20th Century Film), that people just assumed and she found it amusing, and maybe cute? Harmless?

Tasha is bored. No female audience reaction at all. Which means she won’t even ask… and L.C. and I can just appear as colleagues when the drone cams are about. This is perfect!

She tries not to overthink this, and move on to the next topic herself.


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

Theo leans back in his chair, readying himself to tell the tale.

"This involves what happened during our 3 year..disappearance? Mission? What have you. TAROT was working alongside a resistance movement on a dystopia Earth ruled by a cult of 'Gaia' worshipers. Gaia, being the ancient personification of The Earth in Greek Mythology, I, and the rest of TAROT, were naturally intrigued. The Gaia cultists enforced a nature-based, but oppressive regime over the entire Earth. Through our combined efforts of TAROT, with assistance from the resistance, our team was able to find and land in the pocket dimension of Gaia, in which it was revealed 'Gaia' was not my paternal great-great grandmother, but a being known as a rakshasa. Rakshasa are fiendish beings best known for being foes with Indian Mythology."

TAROT's fight with 'Gaia' was, at that point, our most toughest challenge. An incredibly powerful monster. Very formidable, able to deal massive amounts of damage from her clawed attacks. I thought, near the end, that I was going die there in that pocket dimension, meeting my end against a great supernatural evil, like many godlings sometimes do. But through sheer determination, TAROT was able to kill this rakshasa, but not without a a heavy cost. During the battle, Nissa sun-based powers had reached a critical stage. I believe similar to a fusion meltdown. With the destruction of 'Gaia', the pocket dimension begin to disintegrate. My body, already spent beyond recognition, and near death myself, picked up a slowly exploding Nissa in my hands, as TAROT ran to the exit point of the dimension, with several dimensional refugees, as the dimension quickly dis-incorporated behind us. Every few steps, Nissa would explode in my hands, tearing away skin, muscle, and sinew. But to leave her, would have meant her death, so I just kept holding her dying form as we ran. Finally, once I jumped through the dimensional exit from what little of the pocket dimension remained, Nissa exploded a final time."

"Our team found we had landed on a frozen alien world, battered, bloody, and with several dimensional refugees in town, all needing to get out of the elements fast. I looked at what remained of my hands, to find Nissa ..was gone! I screamed over the icy howling winds for her, thinking maybe I dropped her in the snow. But she was gone."

Theo turn to Nissa. "I'll let Nissa explained what happened next."


Tasha's still trying to think about how to turn the topic to today's events and is less invested in Nissa's love life than usual.

"Wow!" says Tasha, her head is blown back by Theo's story, "And how long did this take? Was that the first year? What happened next, Nissa?"


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

“Death.”

She pauses for dramatic effect.

“It was the first day. July 8th, 2219—not the our calendar has relevance off-world, but that was the day we left. I was twenty-one years and one day old at the time of my death.

“Only, since Theo mentioned pocket dimensions…” She contemplates pulling out her wand, but does not. She recalls an implied threat that was made around that day, perhaps two or three days prior. The government official had implied the wand could be taken from her. To display it on a show would set her up for a time traveler to appear at the exact place and time to steal it.

Her pocket dimension must remain a secret.

“…I ended up inside one myself. There, I learned of my fate, how I ended up with my powers, and what was expected of me. The voice I heard was that of Sarenrae, the Dawnflower. I’ll let the theologians and psychologists debate whether this was a dream or I had truly Met My Maker.

“The undeniable fact is that I was reborn with abilities I once lacked.”

☀️ Nissa’s fists become engulfed in flames, but only momentarily.

“Theo says the Dawnflower is my Mother, but who planted me into whom is the reverse of how conception, fetal development and birth normally work.

“I found myself embedded in flesh which I assumed to be a womb—with me inside as a self-aware adult, and not of flesh. As I grew, the ‘womb’ expanded. Well, that’s how it was from the inside.” She turns to Theo, her expression that of a child eager to hear one of her favorite stories for the nth time.

“I believe The Olympian can tell this part best.” Tell it again, Daddy!


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

"So, as our team was talking with the local population who had helped all of get out of the elements, my ruined hand started to itch. I thought nothing of it, since both were in terrible pain. But then a note of flesh started to ..bubble. It swelled into a bump and began to glow. I started to freak out, because I started to remember all the old Scott movies about alien worlds. The bump swole into a huge ..womb. In my hand. As it glowed, I saw a small person inside. Then, I remembered the ancient story of Athena. Of how she was born of Zeus's brow. And how Hephaesus had to strike it to let the goddess out. So. With no other thought of danger, I took The Angel Sword and cut a slit in the now massive womb in my hand, and out slid..", Theo look to Nissa for full effect. "..Nissa. Through the powers of The Dawnflower, Nissa had been reborn in my hand."

"I was immediately hit with the notion that Nissa was no longer just my teammate..but now..my daughter. Reborn, from my flesh. As Athena was born from Zeus's brow. And I have called her daughter ever since. Because that is who she is. I think it took a bit for Nissa to come to grips with that, but ever since, my life has been enriched by that notion."

Theo holds out a finger for Nissa to grasp.


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Nissa flits over to give Theo’s finger a hug.

“I do actually call him Dad now!”


1+6 biohacks per short rest4 left Stamina42/42 HP 46/46Res 8/8 KAC 18 KAC 15 CMAC | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:


A man about Zellgato's size spots Zellgato while on his way to the toilet.

"Hey, you're that f##+ing guy," he says. It takes him a while to say it and the look on his face says he might not actually know who you are just that he would if he were sober. He also seems like he's been angry for a while.

"I am -a- f**kin guy. I doubt I'm -the- f**king guy you're thinking of" intonig in a sarcastic voice. He's not in "presentation" mode and is rather off kilter tonight now.

If the drunk tries to stand up to follow Zellgato he'll simply look over his shoulder and state "No.
intimidate if drunken follows buzzed fear +0!: 1d20 ⇒ 4'
However the spilled cider doesn't make for scary.


Zellgato wrote:
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:


A man about Zellgato's size spots Zellgato while on his way to the toilet.

"Hey, you're that f##+ing guy," he says. It takes him a while to say it and the look on his face says he might not actually know who you are just that he would if he were sober. He also seems like he's been angry for a while.

"I am -a- f**kin guy. I doubt I'm -the- f**king guy you're thinking of" intonig in a sarcastic voice. He's not in "presentation" mode and is rather off kilter tonight now.

If the drunk tries to stand up to follow Zellgato he'll simply look over his shoulder and state "No.
[dice=intimidate if drunken follows buzzed fear +0!]1d20'
However the spilled cider doesn't make for scary.

"You are that guy!" the drunk argues. He turns to the rest of the tavern and says, "Hey, he's that f%%&ing guy."

No one is paying attention yet. Zellgato has one round to silence him or he can forego he quiet drink.

Might as well roll for initiative after taking your round.


1+6 biohacks per short rest4 left Stamina42/42 HP 46/46Res 8/8 KAC 18 KAC 15 CMAC | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
zellgato impulse control: 1d100 ⇒ 92
Let the dice roll dictate how Zellgato would go. if it was closet o 1 he was gonna fight hah

scratching his head, Zellgato sighs, turns around and walks to the guy in a lower voice,"What guy? The guy that sired the failure known as you? Sorry. I aint your daddy child. You're drunk. I'm pissed." Looking aroung briefly, Zellgato calls out to staff "Oi. This guys trying to start a fight. Where's the bouncer? He needs a taxi home."

If the guy tries to take a swipe at Zellgato, he'll let it hit, but they'll pay for it. And, since he went as just himself, not his hero. It is his normal look. He didn't think to disguise his face.

10,051 to 10,100 of 10,591 << first < prev | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Boston Theoretical PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.