DM Lament Configuration's Carrion Hill

Game Master electricjokecascade

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H. P. Lovercraft, The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories

[Loot] | [Maps]


351 to 400 of 505 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

So quickly and efficiently do you all take down Rupman Myre that Jarvis is still lingering out in the street when you once more emerge into the rain.

He hurries over, gaze flicking up and down your figures as he searches for signs of battle, and then his expression turns to disbelief when you recount your tale.

Pushing back his hood to scratch the back of his head despite the downpour, you see the first sign of real respect cross his rugged features.

"Perhaps the gods and Desna herself were listening when we sent up our prayers. And you've an appetite for more? Far be it for me to dissuade you. Come. I'll lead you right to the old temple where Hyve lives."

He tells you what he knows as he leads you across Carrion Hill, occasionally stepping out wide to pass over rivulets in which rafts of cockroaches float downstream, their carapaces glistening in the rain.

"I know a bit about your next destination. I guess you could say I'm an amateur historian meself, having a fascination with the oldest corners of Carrion Hill. Nothing morbid, mind you, I just like drawing some of the older buildings during my off time. Charcoal sketches, sometimes I even sell a few. Never mind. Fact is, the temple of Aroden on Elm Way was a small church even during the Taldan rule of Carrion Hill. Yeah, it's that old. In the centuries since, it has served as a home, an alchemist shop, a museum, a base of operations for smugglers and thieves that ended in a gruesome massacre, and a Crow guardhouse, but never again as a church. Funny enough, the building’s facade has kept its identity as a place of worship, so today the place is known simply as the Elm Way Church. I've drawn it a couple of times because of that. Its current occupant is a man named Arlend Hyve, a scholar of the past, a sage who has made his reputation cataloguing the history of Ustalav (and in particular, Carrion Hill). I've spoken with him on occasion about our city's past. He's damn knowledgeable, but even though he was happy to answer questions, I always felt like he was laughing at me. Like my questions were... hopelessly naive, or just childlike for some reason. I stopped talking to him after my third sketch. Anyways, he’s lived at the Elm Way Church for nearly 15 years, and in those years has built a reputation as a man of knowledge."

A few minutes later you all turn a corner and reach the church. It's a small building, solid and clearly once of holy nature, though the statues that adorn its corners and the frieze over the door are so badly eroded by rain, wind, and time as to be unrecognizable. A single story, it features two doors facing each other at one end, and a steeply pitched black tile roof off which pours the endless rain. Old, vertical stained glass windows are sliced into its sides like the gills of a fish, the colors having run into each other over the centuries so that what they once depicted is now anyone's guess.

No lights shine within. A circuit of the building reveals no windows, chimneys, or other doors than the original two, which careful examination reveal to be soundly barred from within.

Map updated.


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1

"Soundly barred from within", huh.

Anyone have a sky-high Bluff? Any chance of passing as Myre to get the door open?


Female Half-elf {conditions: none} Inquisitor 5 | HP 28/28 | AC 24 (Tch 18 FF 18) | F +5 R +8 W +9 (+2 vs. ench.) | Init +10 | Perc +12, low-light vision, scent (vs. aberr.)

Earlier...

"Thanks" Mihaela's answers comes with a smile which betrays the faintest hint of smugness. They have a little bit of what one would call a friendly competition, Maritine and she, one which goes back to their Ravengro days. She appreciates the sincerity in her tone, but her expression suggests they're now keeping count.

"Is the 'least kill count buys everyone a round' thing still on? 'Cause I'm still sore about my Ravengro debacle. And for a single goblin!"

The unspoken clause is if we survive this thing, of course. Still, some things are best left unsaid, and with Walter seemingly slipping in and out of sanity, perhaps a little levity won't hurt.

*******************************************

"A shrine to a dead god" she muses. "How fitting."

Detect magic to spot for magical traps / alarms. @ Walter: I'm afraid the best we've got is Martine's +7

Perception (guidance): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None
Mihaela Stellamaris wrote:

Earlier...

"Is the 'least kill count buys everyone a round' thing still on? 'Cause I'm still sore about my Ravengro debacle. And for a single goblin!"

"I hope not." Yelena forces some levity into her own voice. "If so, I'll have to make sure to grab my coinpurse. I know only one spell that does actual damage, and I rarely use it if I have any other options."

While they walk she listens intently to Jarvis' lecture on the history of the Elm Way Church, making note of one detail in particular. "It was used as a base of operations for smugglers? In my experience smugglers don't use buildings with only one exit." (There is occasionally some truth behind the Varisian reputation for criminal behavior.) "Jarvis, do you know if there's a back entrance? Secret tunnel, hidden passageway, that sort of thing?"


Female Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 5 | HP:43/43 | Grit 4/4 |
Stats:
|AC 21, Touch 17, FlatFoot 14, CMD 21 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +5| Init +8 | Perception +13

Giving Jarvis a wink as the party meets the rugged man once more, Lys shrugs. "We're not paid daily, so might as well get it done as quickly as possible.", she chuckles. The revelation of the man's hobby brings the corners of Lys' mouth up. The joys of life find a way. Nothing like the mortal spirit to bounce up from every downfall... The smell of the musky streets is a lot more welcome than the stench and she exhales with joy.

As Hyve's background as a knowledgeable and condescending man is revealed, Lys can't help but throw a glance at Walter, her lips pursing together. The first step towards the light is when we raise our heads and see the darkness around us. Huddling under her hat in the pouring rain, she turns to the wizard at her side. "Well. Convincing him that we're seekers of long-lost knowledge won't be difficult for you now, would it? Hmmm...", she ponders for a moment. "In my experience dealing with various, ahem, reputable individuals, the best lies are ones based in truth. We've barely been here for a day, and the man's a recluse. Convincing him that we're monster hunters in search of the most knowledgeable man in Carrion Hill shouldn't be a hard sell." She shrugs. "I mean, it's not like we don't look the part."

Tilting her head at Mihaela, she chuckles. "I'd say whoever gets the most, buys everyone a round. For the bragging rights and to show their graceful humility."


M CG Dwarf Fighter 2/Cleric of Desna 3 | HP: 45/50 | AC: 21, T: 12, FF: 17) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +10, R: +5, W: +7 (+1 against Fear Effects) | Init: +7 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Kolthis' eyebrows shot up in surprise at Jarvis' mention of his artistry. "Drawing, truly? That's a wonderful past time. I'd be interested to see some of your work. Later, of course, when we're not busy hunting down madmen." Looking over at Mihaela, he got a sudden smile on his face. "Perhaps I may even commission you, to capture the stupefied look on everyone's face when I win this little bet. You lot better prepare yourself for the most graceful humility."

Looking around at the once church, Kolthis couldn't help but feel a sense of melancholy, thinking of the building's past. So many stories and experiences, to be certain, but to once be a holy place and now be home to someone like Hyve - it was a damned shame.

He thought over the suggestions put forward by the rest of the party. "Generally, I would agree with Yelena. However, it's hard to say if a scholar would find, or care about a secret passageway. Then again, with how long he's been here and his extracurricular activities, it wouldn't be surprising if he had made his own at the very least. I'm sure we could do a perfectly fine job convincing him we want information, considering how much we still don't know. And if all else fails, well, Lucy is pretty convincing when it comes to opening doors."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Lepidstadt Inspector 5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +7 | HP 45 AC 19

It takes Maritine enormous willpower not to let Mihaela's jab get under her skin - it wasn't her fault goblins had both the fortitude and mental capacity of wet paper, or that they made excellent pressure vassals for imbibed chemical regents. The explosions she took credit for, naturally, given that they got both women out of the bind they'd found themselves in, and, well, exploding goblins just happened to be funny.

She found Jarvis's brief history lesson intriguing and lamented the fact that there wouldn't be time to just take in the age of the temple, dig through its history for something benign for once. The bit about charcoal drawings was a pleasant surprise - a buffer perhaps against the horrors of the day so far - and soon the little back-and-forth between herself and Mihaela had spiralled into a group bet, seemingly.

She takes each suggestion and considers their options. "Hmm. I might be able to use my position as a graduate of Lepidstadt to get us in - I am certainly dressed the part." she muses as she cleans her insignia badge with her thumb. "I am open to more ideas - even last resorts."


Female Half-elf {conditions: none} Inquisitor 5 | HP 28/28 | AC 24 (Tch 18 FF 18) | F +5 R +8 W +9 (+2 vs. ench.) | Init +10 | Perc +12, low-light vision, scent (vs. aberr.)
Elize 'Lys' Brokenshield wrote:
Tilting her head at Mihaela, she chuckles. "I'd say whoever gets the most, buys everyone a round. For the bragging rights and to show their graceful humility."

"Oh, I can be graceful" answers Mihaela, smiling coyly. "And humble too. Rarely the two things together, though. You've got a deal, Lys" she nods, a sparkle of amusement in her almond-shaped eyes.

"Looks like you're getting free drinks no matter what, Yelena".


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Kolthis: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Walter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Mihaela: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Maritine: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Lys: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Yelena: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

The crew breaks away from Jarvis and combs the immediate area, taking their time in exploring back alleys, examining cellar entrances, and peering down the occasional well. After ten minutes of fruitless searching, however, most of you have regathered before the entrance to the church when Yelena makes her discovery.

It's down a well whose bottom has dried out. On a hunch, she lowered a lantern, and discovered a small portal embedded in its side perhaps ten yards down beneath a jutting out lintel that would hide it from direct side even during midday. While it's not absolutely certain it'll lead to the church, it seems to be close enough - one large city block - and facing in the right direction.

Fortunately the area is very quiet at this time of night - it's almost midnight by now - and Jarvis is willing to stand watch and run interference.

Climbing down by whatever means, it becomes clear this door is locked as well, but not so fiercely as the church doors - a rusted lock holds the swollen timbers in place within its warped little frame. DC 25 Disable Device, STR check DC 20 to shove open. It's a small door, perhaps three feet in height, and opens inward into the tunnel beyond.


Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Yelena smiles in relief as she gathers the rest of the group, glad that the search wasn't just a waste of time. "It's a secret passage to somewhere, and given the location and the history of the place, there's a good chance it leads to the church. Still not easy to get through, but easier, and less likely to attract attention."

Of course, actually opening the tiny door is still beyond Yelena's skillset, so she waits patiently for someone else to either unlock or shove it open.


M CG Dwarf Fighter 2/Cleric of Desna 3 | HP: 45/50 | AC: 21, T: 12, FF: 17) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +10, R: +5, W: +7 (+1 against Fear Effects) | Init: +7 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None

With a friendly, yet hearty, pat on Yelena's shoulder, coupled with a "Right good work there, Yelena. Can you hear any thoughts, or however that works, on the other side?"

Getting a little closer, Kolthis sent out some magical energy to probe the entrance.

Casting detect magic. Assuming I don't find anything directly interfering with the entrance plan...

"Does one of you lot want to try to sneak this open, before I give it a hearty, Dwarven greeting?"


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

No magic.


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1

Walter is murmuring to himself.

"In this decayed hole among the mountains
In the faint moonlight, the grass is singing
Over the tumbled graves, about the chapel
There is the empty chapel, only the wind’s home.
It has no windows, and the door swings..."


Female Human Lepidstadt Inspector 5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +7 | HP 45 AC 19

Maritine makes a face at the discovery of the hidden door under a well - she'd been in a similar situation before, and it hadn't gone well.

The lock and the door both looked depressing - but more importantly they looked barely together, worn down by so many factors that if they managed to get in and out again with minimal fuss, she may have to consider converting.

The lock is little more than rust, but its still holding, and still metal.
"Hmm. I have some acid, it might dissolve what is left of the lock. If anybody wishes to pick it, now is the time." She says as she reaches into one of her numerous pockets and removes a vial of acid.

Perception?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Female Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 5 | HP:43/43 | Grit 4/4 |
Stats:
|AC 21, Touch 17, FlatFoot 14, CMD 21 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +5| Init +8 | Perception +13

Shaking her head at Maritine, Lys pulls a set of fine picks from one of her coat's many pockets. "Hold it there. Acid on rusty iron stinks like a frontline barrack in summertime, and I guarantee you, that gets the lock permanently stuck half the time. It's why I learned to do this.", she whispers, leaning over the lock. A short moment later, the lock clicks quietly amidst the baited breaths. Raising her hand, she takes another bottle from her coat, and gently squeezes a drip of dark liquid onto the door frames. "Like I said. Don't trust doors.", she finishes, drawing her crossbow and gesturing Kolthis towards the door. "All yours."

Like you said, taking 10 would let Lys open the DC 25 lock. Won't be able to disable a DC 25 trap, though.


M CG Dwarf Fighter 2/Cleric of Desna 3 | HP: 45/50 | AC: 21, T: 12, FF: 17) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +10, R: +5, W: +7 (+1 against Fear Effects) | Init: +7 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Giving a slight bow of the head to Lys, Kolthis stepped up to the door. "Thank you kindly for the lesson. Now, let's see what's waiting for us." Setting himself up square in front of it, Kolthis stretched, and then kicked at the door, Lucy waiting in hand.

Rolls/OoC:

Open Sesame: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

It didn't budge. Weird. This things much more sturdy than it looks.

Open. Sesame.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
OPEN: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
SESAME: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
DAMN IT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
STUPID: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
DOORS: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Just used straight strength modifier, unless there's something else appropriate to be used.


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

For a few minutes Kolthis pounds at the door, kicking it over and over with increasing irritation which is about to fly into a rage when the small portal finally gives.

With a shuddery squeak, the tiny door finally bursts free of its frame, revealing the dark tunnel within. It's crudely excavated, the narrow walls still bearing the marks of chisels and picks, and is tight enough that the company is forced to proceed on hands and knees.

Going to move things along.

One by one the company descends the well to enter the claustrophobic tunnel, and there scrabble forward wherever it may lead. The walls are damp, the floor silty, and everything smells of loam and rot.

A smell which only grows stronger as they proceed, until the air is pungent with the stench of vegetable decay.

The tunnel for all its narrowness is quite straight; it spears through the block toward the Elm Street Temple, descending at a smooth gradient ever deeper into the earth.

Finally, whomever is in front reaches the tunnel's end, and stops where it emerges high up in a natural cavern wall.

Assuming no light source for stealth purposes, will amend description if this is wrong.

Partially composed of natural cavern, partially remnants of long-buried buildings and foundations, the ceiling of this dank, 40-foot-tall cavern is supported by several twisted stone pillars. Water drips from numerous spots in the ceiling, pattering into a fungus-choked lake below. Here and there, islands and beaches rise from the sides of the dark lake, but these areas of doubtful land are clogged with hideous fungi of pale yellow, bone white, bruise purple, and other noxious hues. They glow with their own frightful bio-luminescence, so that the party gazes out over a wondrous, surreal, wonderland of soft pulsing hues and smoldering neon-colored vegetables.

Your tunnel emerges almost forty feet up the side of the cavern wall, and the rotted and unusable remains of a wooden ladder are affixed to the wall beneath you.

Dice Rolls:

DM Roll: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Kolthis: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Walter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Mihaela: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Maritine: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Lys: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Yelena: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Maritine peers out over this chthonic garden of rot and decay and espies various distinctive mushrooms - four of them, in fact - that are each almost as large as a person. They're easy to note when she points them out to the others.

She also espies another tunnel leaving the chamber on its far side, approximately twenty feet above the cavern floor.

Knowledge Nature DC 13:
Two of the mushrooms are violent fungus. The violet fungus is one of the most notorious and feared dangers of the world’s caves. A traveler can often see signs of the violet fungus in those who dwell or hunt in places where these carnivorous fungi lurk. In these folk, deep and hideous scars mar bodies where entire furrows of flesh seem scooped away—the marks of a close encounter with a violet fungus.

A violet fungus feeds on the rot and decay of organic matter, but unlike most fungi, they are not passive consumers of corruption. A violet fungi’s tendrils can strike with unexpected swiftness, and are coated with a virulent venom that causes flesh to rot and decay with nauseating speed. This potent poison, if left untreated, can cause the flesh of an entire arm or leg to drop away in no time at all, leaving behind only warm bones that soon rot into corruption as well.

The other two fungi are shriekers; harmless but for the piercing screams they emit whenever light sources come within ten feet of them.


Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

There's a fair amount of jostling as people take their turns peering out the front of the tunnel. Yelena manages to get a glimpse of the mushrooms once Maritine points them out, and her eyes narrow. A minute later her voice whispers into everyone's ears.

"Violet fungi. Dangerous, carnivorous plants. Get too close and the tendrils will lash out at you; they're coated with a venom that makes flesh rot away in minutes. The other mushrooms are shriekers; harmless as long as you don't bring any light nearby."

Moving further towards the back of the group so she has more room, she pulls a few items out of her bag. "I've rope and pitons if we want to try our luck climbing."

Rolls/OOC:
K. Nature: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Using Message to communicate, to make it less likely we're overheard.


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1

Walter is still spiking hard on magic Adderall, so DC 13 Knowledge checks are auto-success. Also, his Knowledges range between +15 and +19 at the moment, so if there's a Dungeoneering check or something, feel free to roll it.

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"Fungi. I... can tell you about fungi." Walter will give a quick whispered summary of the information under the tab above.

Then he adds, "And there are many... many other kinds of fungi. Some of them very... complex. 'The visitors are eager to know men of knowledge like yourself, and to shew them the great abysses that most of us have had to dream about in fanciful ignorance.' Yes. To travel with them. In... in a jar."

The wizard is having visible difficulty keeping himself together.


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1

Shriekers: how easy / hard is it usually to set these guys off? Knowledge [Dungeoneering or Nature]: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Movement or light within ten feet will do it.


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1
DM Lament Configuration wrote:
Movement or light within ten feet will do it.

Can we get around them; and if not, does shooting them set them off; and if it does, is there any (non-magical) way to silence them?

(Also, did anyone take Silence?)


Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"Movement nearby will also cause the shriekers to, well, shriek," comes Yelena's whisper. "I had almost forgotten. We will not be able to sneak by easily if at all." Her eyes flicker to Walter, but she doesn't comment on his latest statement.

"We could easily destroy both the shriekers and the violet fungi from a safe distance, although that would risk setting the shriekers off if they were not destroyed fast enough. One or two of us should probably go to the front of the church, just in case Hyve is alerted and tries to flee in that direction."


Female Human Lepidstadt Inspector 5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +7 | HP 45 AC 19

The mere sight of the fungi is enough to make Maritine uncharacteristically recoil back from where they had spied the noxious things and bites down on her fist to keep from giving them away, waiting for the panic to pass through her.

Scream swallowed and hands clenched tight, she shakily exhales and asks with the barest of whispers "Fire. I have fire. Can it-can it distract them?"


Female Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 5 | HP:43/43 | Grit 4/4 |
Stats:
|AC 21, Touch 17, FlatFoot 14, CMD 21 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +5| Init +8 | Perception +13

"Hey, Walter!", Lys hisses, snapping her fingers in front of the wizard's face. "Leave the lecture on fungi for later, we need your head here and now." I really don't want to worry about him snapping, here of all places. Shaking her head at Yelena's idea, Lys answers, "I'm... not one for climbing. Prefer to keep both feet on the ground."

She sighs, shouldering her crossbow. "Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Unless anyone's got any ideas, I've got something if you want me to get some mushrooms on the stake.", she shrugs, reaching towards the crossbow's stock and drawing a small phial with oily, semi-crystalline substance.


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1
Elize 'Lys' Brokenshield wrote:
"Hey, Walter!", Lys hisses, snapping her fingers in front of the wizard's face. "Leave the lecture on fungi for later, we need your head here and now." I really don't want to worry about him snapping, here of all places.

"The form crustaceous, but bearing vast pairs of dorsal fins or membraneous wings and several sets of articulated limbs," Walter mutters, but then trails off into silence. After several moments he looks up at Lys. (There's still something about his eyes that isn't quite right.)

"I am... well enough. I was just... reminded of... a former acquaintance." He raises one hand, pushes his pale damp hair back. "I buried the girl. You remember?" It takes a moment for Lys to make the connection: the girl they met on the way to town. The suicide.

"She seemed innocent. We don't know. But we presume innocence, until proven otherwise. That's morality. I buried her, I didn't bury him. Do bad people deserve that? Should I have... arranged the body, somehow? I haven't worked that part out yet."


Female Half-elf {conditions: none} Inquisitor 5 | HP 28/28 | AC 24 (Tch 18 FF 18) | F +5 R +8 W +9 (+2 vs. ench.) | Init +10 | Perc +12, low-light vision, scent (vs. aberr.)

Mihaela is having a hard time evaluating how tenuous Walter's grasp on reality has become, and — given the content of his ramblings — an even harder one deciding whether to hope the wizard's lost it completely or there's still truth hidden beneath his words.

Shaking her head, she instead opts to focus on issues she can tackle. Distancing herself from Walter's feverish mind, she instead turns to Yelena's analytical intellect for comfort.

"I believe I should be able to overpower Hyve if it comes to it" she says, matter-of-factly. Where this conviction comes from, or even whether such a statement stems from bravado, a need to persuade herself of the fact, or a mere gamble, her flat tone makes it difficult to discern. "The door barring the entrance, should a fight erupt inside, is another issue entirely. I'd go, but I'd very much like for Kolthis to accompany me."


Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Yelena eyes Walter, not at all sure what he's talking about. What girl?

"Myre will no doubt be buried later. The living matter more than the dead, and taking the time to do it ourselves would have increased the danger the people of this town face." The Cricket continues to chirp in the back of her head. Faster, faster...

"Focusing on the task at hand." Yelena considers the problem, turning it over in her mind. "Honestly I'm not much of one for climbing either. Or swimming, depending on how deep that lake is. Perhaps we should simply ensure that Hyve can't escape this way, ignore the mushrooms, and go in the front after all."

She once again rifles through her bag. "I don't have anything that would help block this exit, but I could place an alarm spell that would let us know if anything moved through here."


M CG Dwarf Fighter 2/Cleric of Desna 3 | HP: 45/50 | AC: 21, T: 12, FF: 17) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +10, R: +5, W: +7 (+1 against Fear Effects) | Init: +7 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Kolthis stared at Walter for a while, uncomprehending. What in the hells was he going on about? He had seen madness of a similar kind before, but usually those people ended up one of two ways: screaming and writhing in a bed of cloth, or silent and cold in a bed of dirt.

He hoped that the decision would not be one he would have to make for Walter.

This situation, however, was one he could make a decision in. "Trying to swim or climb, and poorly at that, through this fungal mine field is bound to take up a good part of our time. There aren't many times where the frontal assault has failed me, so my vote is there."


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Having reached a decision, the group retreats back down the cramped tunnel, out the small portal, and climbs laboriously back out onto the streets.

Will allow you guys to decide how you seal the tunnel behind you.

It takes but moments again to traverse the city block, and then once more you stand before the church in the pouring rain.


Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"That makes sense." As they start heading back through the tunnel, Yelena pauses briefly behind the others, scratching a few symbols on the dirt floor. (She doesn't really need them, but they help her focus.) "The alarm will notify me as soon as anyone else enters this tunnel. If any of you need to pass through here for some reason, just say 'Garus' as you enter." It's a decent password, easy enough to remember but not something that Hyve would have any reason to suspect they'd choose.

(Besides, Desna's champion deserves to be remembered. It's a small gesture, but she likes the symbolism of having Garus help capture one of the men responsible for his death.)

At the front of the church, Yelena stands back. Sneaking or bluffing, either way she's not going to be too much help here.


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

You spend perhaps ten minutes in all ensuring the retreat will be impassable to a panicked Keeper; between the pitons, the Alarm spell, judiciously placed Tanglefoot bags, and a heavy door that Kolthis scrounges from an abandoned building across the street and lays over the well proper, it's clear it will take a determined effort for anybody to use that exit.

Returning to the front of the church, Maritine steps up to one of the doors and pounds her fist against the weathered wood. The sound reverberates across the street despite the falling rain, and after a few moments she pounds her fist on the door once more, hard enough to cause the door to rattle.

Just as you're beginning to think this approach will fail, a voice calls out from the door's far side.

"The Master is receiving no visitors. Get you gone!" The voice is a rough, brutal rasp, like two whetstones being ground together, and filled with impatience and ire.


Female Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 5 | HP:43/43 | Grit 4/4 |
Stats:
|AC 21, Touch 17, FlatFoot 14, CMD 21 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +5| Init +8 | Perception +13

"Well. That settles it.", Lys mutters in response to the voice, hands disappearing out of the rain and into her pockets. Should we have risked the danger below? When compared to the danger above? No. No doubts... Turning to Kolthis, she clears her throat. "Imagine having a monster hunt you makes you less hospitable. Who knew?", she adds. "Time for the dwarven doorknocker?"


Female Human Lepidstadt Inspector 5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +7 | HP 45 AC 19

Maritine tilts her head up just enough to peer where the angry voice came from, a wry smirk on her face. This was the usual reaction she got, even before she announced herself. She quickly darts back to the others assembled and says "I will keep knocking. I can be persistent. And annoying - we can cut off Hyve at the well, or sneak through it. Wish me luck."

Marching back to the front of the church she bangs has hard as she dares on the door and takes a step back to loudly call out "By the authority of the University of Lepidstadt, I demand entry!" She shouts, exaggerating her accent as she makes a scene.


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Maritine's voice rings off the walls, but there's something at once brazen and unconvincing about her demand, her tone a little too strident, and even she can tell her claims are coming across as a little forced.

Rolls:

Kolthis: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Walter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Mihaela: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Maritine: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Lys: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Yelena: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
DM Roll: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Kolthis, Mihaela, and Lys:

You sense movement behind you, above you, and see a figure crouched on the sloping rooftop of the house on the other side of the street, two stories above the ground. It's little more than a shadow beside the chimney, but it's large, clearly covered in thick layerings of muscle, its legs bent backwards like a dog's, its upper body covered in interlocking plates of armor.

But it's the eyes, eyes that glow like twin embers thumbed into its skull as it stares down at you, that give you the chills. Eyes that radiate such hatred and loathing that you feel soiled just meeting their gaze.

And then, like that, it's gone. Vanished as if it never was.

Kolthis, Mihaela, and Lys Know. Planes DC 15:
You can't be sure, given the darkness, the fact that you only caught a glimpse, and the distance, but you think that was a barbazu up on the rooftop, a bearded devil. Elite warriors in Hell’s legions, bearded devils—or barbazus—fight savagely in the name of their infernal lords and command mindless hordes of the damned into battle. And as you just saw, their kind has the ability to teleport at will.

Kolthis, Mihaela, and Lys Know. Planes DC 20:
Barbazu are remarkably hard to damage, like all their infernal kin. Only good aligned weapons or silver can cut cleanly through their demonic defenses, they are completely immune to fire and poison, and resistant to cold, acid, and magic.

Kolthis, Mihaela, and Lys Know. Planes DC 25:
Infamous for their spiky, filthy beards, these demons are known to strike with them during combat and deliver a terrible wasting disease called Devil Chills.

Kolthis, Mihaela, and Lys Know. Planes DC 30:
Their glaives are feared across the planes, for wounds dealt by these hellish weapons bleed freely, forever, and are resistant to being healed.


Female Half-elf {conditions: none} Inquisitor 5 | HP 28/28 | AC 24 (Tch 18 FF 18) | F +5 R +8 W +9 (+2 vs. ench.) | Init +10 | Perc +12, low-light vision, scent (vs. aberr.)

Mihaela follows as the others plan, a silent instrument her Goddess has seen fit place in the hands of worthy heroes.

It's a sudden, overwhelming feeling of malevolence that has her turn as Maritine speaks, and catch a glimpse of... something... stalking them. Hunting them.

Knowledge (planes) (monster lore, studied target?): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 14 nope...

"Behind us. On the rooftop." Instinctively, her hand rushes to her starknife.


Female Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 5 | HP:43/43 | Grit 4/4 |
Stats:
|AC 21, Touch 17, FlatFoot 14, CMD 21 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +5| Init +8 | Perception +13

Lys doesn't have the knowledge, so she can't make that roll.

"Saw it.", Lys' answer is almost instantaneous, as she reaches behind her back to draw the crossbow. It's here. The monster is here., a chilling thought rushes up her spine, as she grits her teeth. "We're not hunting a predator. We're hunting prey.", her mouth snaps quickly, as she points to the door. "Kolthis, bring it down. We're getting that bastard before that thing does."


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Moving things along!

Kolthis grunts in the affirmative, takes a gliding step forward and brings Lucy down upon the front door with all his might.

Wood splinters, cracks shoot up and down the planks, but it holds.

A step back, a deep breath, and another solid blow. And a third. The fourth caves in the center of the door, and with a few brisk swipes from side to side of his lucern hammer, the dwarf clears the entrance way altogether.

There is nobody immediately within the church.

Moving forward, weapons and spells at the ready, the group explores the ground floor of the building and finds it empty. A bare bones bedroom with a cot and a reading lamp. A storage room containing food, water, lamp oil, paper, ink, and other supplies. The main church chamber, abandoned and leaking water from the roof, the western edge flooded into a four inch deep pool which drains through a crack into the alley beyond.

Finally the group finds a locked door that resists simple attempts to open it. Having already committed to the brusque approach, Kolthis makes short work of this doorway as well, shattering it with two mighty blows, revealing a wooden trap door set in the floor, obviously a recent addition to the buildings architecture.


Female Human Lepidstadt Inspector 5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +7 | HP 45 AC 19

One day, Maritine glumly thinks, one day her being an inspector from an actual, Prodigious and world renowned university will carry more weight than it currently did, and she soggily shuffles aside as Kolthis gets them inside and wonders if she should have voiced her other plan, dismissing the thought quickly; a reputation as a serial arsonist will kill her credibility and make people think she's three goblins in a large coat.

At least she could keep her resolve for the moment, even with the dire warning of something else watch them, shifting their mission from a hunt to a race. At least they had a head start.

Torch in hand she follows Kolthis inside and says nothing but gestures to the other door within; surprise didn't matter as much as speed now, and she did not expect Hyve to be prepared enough to deal with all of them and the eldritch monstrosity he bound his fate to.

The reveal of the trapdoor makes her mumble-swear and she yanks it open and looks down - were they too late?

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1

Dang, you're on a roll.

Walter's going to tag along, in the back. (Is anyone going to tell him what's going on?)


Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Yelena curses mentally as they make their way inside the church. On the bright side, whatever it was the others had seen wasn't likely to be the same creature that had destroyed the Slipper Market. Mostly because they'd been able to see it at all, and there wasn't enough destruction. (Yet.) But a scout of some sort? That was all too plausible.

She still has a fair number of spells left, so she hangs back while Kolthis is destroying yet another door to drop another Alarm at the front of the church. She uses the message cantrip and sounds of splintering wood to cover her explanation. "Another alarm, at the front. If the creature enters, we'll know."

Hopefully.


Female Half-elf {conditions: none} Inquisitor 5 | HP 28/28 | AC 24 (Tch 18 FF 18) | F +5 R +8 W +9 (+2 vs. ench.) | Init +10 | Perc +12, low-light vision, scent (vs. aberr.)

Mihaela nods as the younger woman weaves her spell. With all entrances and escape routes accounted for, all that was left is to finish the caged beast off.

"Let's press forward then. Let's put down Hyve before it gets to him... or us." — the idea of fighting a battle on two front obviously a less-than-thrilling prospect to her.


M CG Dwarf Fighter 2/Cleric of Desna 3 | HP: 45/50 | AC: 21, T: 12, FF: 17) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +10, R: +5, W: +7 (+1 against Fear Effects) | Init: +7 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Kolthis also does not have the knowledge trained, so cannot make that roll. He will however, mention what he saw to the group, Walter included.

Blood pumping from all the door destroying - really, they deserved it. Damn pieces of wood should know better than to stand in his way. Let this be a lesson to all of Carrion Hill - Kolthis nods in agreement with Mihaela. "I'm not sure what that thing was following us, but it definitely gives off the scent of problems. Sooner we take care of this next one, the better. Keep an eye out for traps. Into the darkness we go."

Assuming it's dark down the trapdoor, I'll lead with darkvision senses, perceiving as we go.


Female Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 5 | HP:43/43 | Grit 4/4 |
Stats:
|AC 21, Touch 17, FlatFoot 14, CMD 21 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +5| Init +8 | Perception +13

"Joy.", Lys replies dryly to Kolthis as he mentions the darkness. "We should move quick. Given the depths, there's bound to be a way down from here." As she glances up to the shrine of Aroden, shiver run down her spine. A shrine to a forgotten god, in the carcass of a temple of a dead one... Gods. Why do some follow you, if even you are destined to die and be forgotten? Shaking away the thought from her mind, she points towards the altar. "If I were a cultist, I'd definitely hide my secret staircase behind an old altar. Let's see about it."

Rolls/OoC:

Lys will roam around the temple, and if nothing obviously appears as an entrance to the secret basement, she'll start poking around areas, starting with the altar.
Perception to detect secret doors: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Sorry Lys, looks like you missed the bit in my post about finding the trap door.

The group heads down below, down the narrow steps into a large, low-ceilinged chamber may once have been part of an extensive basement or subcellar, but the worked stone walls have long since crumbled to reveal uneven stone beyond.

A sunken area in the center of the room contains a small pond of stagnant water that reaches around a single pillar of rock supporting the ceiling. A slick-looking circular tunnel extends south. To the southwest and northeast, several tables cluttered with what appears to be alchemical equipment stand around two more stone pillars.

The place is abandoned. There's no sound but for the drip of water into the pools below.

DM Rolls:

Kolthis: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Walter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Mihaela: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Maritine: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Lys: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Yelena: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
GM Roll: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

Map updated. We're in rounds now, so please refer to the map and let me know where you move in this first round or what you do. No need for initiative just yet.


Female Human Lepidstadt Inspector 5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +7 | HP 45 AC 19

The glint of the numerous vials and regents catches Maritine's attention and she carefully walks over to the cluttered table and its alchemical regeants, looking carefully over the piles to see if there's anything she recognizes - and more importantly, anything useful.

Craft;Alchemy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Maritine moves first, stepping out into the main chamber, passing the central column, and making her way toward the table of alchemical goods.

As she passes the central column on her left, a figure hidden behind it squeezes the trigger of his crossbow, sending a bolt flying out from the shadows.

Surprise Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (8) + 1 + (1, 5, 5) = 20
Also going to need a DC 13 Fort Save!

At the same time, a red skinned demonic being appears beside Lys, its back to the cavern wall. It's large, clearly covered in thick layerings of muscle, its legs bent backwards like a dog's, its upper body covered in interlocking plates of armor. Its beard wavers and reaches for Lys, but it stabs its glaive past her and at Yelena.

Knowledge Planar checks to identify the monster in this post.

Attack on Yelena: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (2, 4) = 18

Yelena now suffers 1d6 persistent bleed damage until a DC21 Heal check is made, or an assisted heal check at DC16. The DC to Administer First Aid to a creature with an infernal wound is increased by 5. A spellcaster or item attempting to use healing magic on a creature suffering from an infernal wound must succeed at a DC 21 counteract check or the magic fails to heal the creature.

Map updated!

Initiative:

Mihaela: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Walter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Lys: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Martine: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Kolthis: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Yelena: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Enemy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Kolthis and Yelena are up!


Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Yelena staggers backwards as the glaive hits her in the side. Oh...that must be what they saw earlier. The pain is blinding, but not so much that she can't recall exactly what bearded devils are capable of.

Forget Hyve, the devil is by far the more dangerous combatant.

(The fact that she can feel herself bleeding out no doubt has an impact on that assessment.)

"Heh." She chokes out a laugh. "Are you really sure...you want to be here?"

The spell is the work of an instant. Its exact effect will depend on the creature's willpower, but no matter how strong his will may be, he's not escaping from this one. Not entirely.

Rolls/OOC:
K. Planes: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Casting Aversion, targeting the bearded devil and choosing herself as the object to be avoided. Will DC18 to partially negate. On a failure, the bearded devil cannot come within 60 feet of her unless it would endanger his life to not do so, (in which case he will be nauseated as long as he remains within 60 feet). On a success, he is not forced to avoid her but will still be sickened as long as he remains within 60 feet. Failure or success, the effect lasts for five days.

Spell Resistance, Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
Spell Resistance, Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14

I'm assuming he has spell resistance from the spoilers. I'm using a phrenic pool point to roll twice to overcome spell resistance and take the better result.

Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Yelena begins to weave her spell, and for a crucial moment, allows her guard to slip, her mind focusing on the aetherial powers she seeks to evoke.

Yelena provokes an Attack of Opportunity from the Barbazu, who has 10 ft. reach.

AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Apologies! I accidentally used the Archive of Nethys' 2e Barbazu stat block. Even modified, the barazu would still have hit, but its damage was way too high. The bleed damage is only 2/round. Rerolling here.

First damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Yelena has thus taken a total of 17 damage +2 bleed. She now has a second wound, and will suffer 4 bleed if not healed before her next round. Since she took damage during her spellcasting, I'll roll her concentration check to make sure she doesn't lose the spell. DC is 20.

Yelena's Concentration Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

She makes it!

Barbazu Will Save DC18: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

And the Barbazu fails his Aversion saving throw.


M CG Dwarf Fighter 2/Cleric of Desna 3 | HP: 45/50 | AC: 21, T: 12, FF: 17) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +10, R: +5, W: +7 (+1 against Fear Effects) | Init: +7 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"Oh you sneaky little bastards, how dare you!" Kolthis swore as enemies came out of seemingly nowhere, attacking the party. Even with the party's guard up, they had still been outmaneuvered.

Before Kolthis could do anything, the demonic goat man with a glaive swung viciously at Yelena and hit his mark. No! She couldn't go down. It was his job to protect. Had he failed once again?...

But no, she was still up. And strong enough to make some rather cutting remarks too, as the demonic being seemed to look nauseous. Thank you, Starsong. You look out for us always.

Turning his attention quickly to Yelena, he attempted to help alleviate the abnormal bleeding that looked to quickly be draining her vitality.

Heal check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

He had never seen something like this before. Somehow, it was proving resistant to his touch. No, no, no. NO. Keeping an eye on the figure, he tried to figure out how to proceed.

Rolls/OoC:

So, due to the rules for reach weapons, the second corner square from Kolthis in which our enemy resides is in fact threatened. So, I will roll my two attacks of opportunity per round in case they are relevant. Also, as I probably need a free hand at least to check out Yelena, if you deem it necessary, I will spend my swift action to regrip my hammer after my heal check.

Attack of Opportunity 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Damage 1: 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Attack of Opportunity 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage 2: 1d12 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

351 to 400 of 505 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carrion Hill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.