DM Lament Configuration's Carrion Hill (Inactive)

Game Master electricjokecascade

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H. P. Lovercraft, The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories

[Loot] | [Maps]


501 to 530 of 530 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Human Lepidstadt Inspector 5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +7 | HP 45 AC 19

Maritine looks at the wand as its passed about and puts out her hand as if it were an offering. "I can also. It's part of the job." She doesn't elaborate but it seems unnecessary given how the last few days had been - self righteousness would only make hypocrites if it wasn't immediately fatal.

"I will go if no-one else wishes. Just prepare for the worst. And search this room thoroughly."


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Cracking open the door proves anticlimatic; no horrors are revealed, no chambers of terror.

Rather, a narrow, prosaic stairwell heads precipitously down to the basement level.


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Taking the narrow stairs, the party descends into the asylum's lower levels, the thick stone of the walls and the no doubt infinite density of the earth or rock beyond muffling all sound but that of their breath.

The stairwell doubles back once, and then spills out into an equally cramped corridor that terminates at a narrow wooden door without a lock.

Listening intently, the group hears nothing beyond, and cracking open the door reveals a second narrow hallway, with a door immediately to the right, and a second a short ways down the left.

Kolthis: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Walter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Mihaela: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Maritine: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Lys: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Yelena: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Mihaela and Yelena, however, also notice the outlines of what seems to be a secret door directly before them.


Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"Wait." Yelena puts her hand up when she notices the faint outline. "I think there's a door here. If Crove is hiding down here, behind a secret door seems like a good place to check. Not that I'm any good at opening them." Her smile is self-deprecating. "Someone mind making sure it's not trapped before we go in?"


Female Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 5 | HP:43/43 | Grit 4/4 |
Stats:
|AC 21, Touch 17, FlatFoot 14, CMD 21 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +5| Init +8 | Perception +13

"Sure thing. Us dwarves and secret doors go together like houses and fires.", the short sharpshooter quips, moving closer to tap at the door's hinges. "It'd be wise to stay away from me, I'm not entirely dwarven."

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Lys carefully examines the door, peers and inspects, and declares it safe; that done, she cracks it open and peers into the dark hallway beyond. Their light illuminates a left-turn elbow bend some twenty or so feet down; the party makes their way stealthily down this length of cramped corridor and turn to see a blank wall in which a second door stands open.

A second secret door, that leads out into an open and warmly illuminated chamber.

Stealth Lys: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

A large circular table in this study is cluttered with scrolls, books, and an eclectic mix of strange devices that could be surgical instruments, weapons, or writing implements. A human skull bearing horn-like growths along one side and with a malformed jaw sits on one corner of the desk.

A tall, cadaverous human man of advanced years sits at this table, pouring over a large tome, quill in hand as he takes notes. Wispy white hair hangs from the edges of his balding pate, and he wears a leather apron over a long-sleeved white shirt. Countless instruments are secreted in loops and pockets before his apron, many of them hideous in appearance.


Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Yelena pokes her head around the corner, then immediately withdraws. "Crove?" she whispers to the others through a Message, but the question is largely rhetorical. She herself had said behind a secret door, (or two), was the most likely place for him to be, and he matched the description.

"Everyone get ready. I'll start by cursing him with bad luck, to make it easier for you to hit him." She takes a few deep breaths while waiting for the others to finish their preparations, then steps around the corner. Without a second's pause she makes a strange gesture with her hands, (not necessary, but sometimes the movements help her focus). Desna curse you for the damage you've wrought.

Yelena will give everyone time to prepare whatever they need to prepare, then cast Ill Omen. No save, and the next two d20 rolls he makes are with disadvantage.


Female Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 5 | HP:43/43 | Grit 4/4 |
Stats:
|AC 21, Touch 17, FlatFoot 14, CMD 21 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +5| Init +8 | Perception +13

This is it. This is the man. One more, and then, this nightmare's over., Lys' mouth purses. Raising her crossbow at the man's back, she takes aim for the man's neck, the easier to bring him down. She exhales, then pulls the trigger.

Attack, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Rolling just the one, since I imagine we'd need to roll for initiative afterwards.


Female Human Lepidstadt Inspector 5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +7 | HP 45 AC 19

Whether through luck, divine intervention or some cosmic balancing beyon them, the fact that they've managed to get the drop on Crove was as much a miracle as it was anything else - They would have to act fast.

Saying nothing save for the unsheathing of her rapier, Maritine nods to everyone assembled and with a quick tap on Lys's shoulder, waits for her to announce their presence with a well placed bolt, preparing to move amid the confusion.


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Lys' arrow catches Crove right in his armpit as he reaches for another tome, causing the man to cry out in shock and nearly fall out of his chair.

His instincts are sharp, however, and he reacts with terrible speed: glaring down the secret passageway, he stands shaking with fury.

"How dare you!" he cries out. "How dare you!"

Inits!

Mihaela: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Walter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Lys: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Martine: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Kolthis: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Yelena: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Crove: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Opening his mouth, he exhales a vast and torrid stench into the air, visible in the form of swirling vapors of horrific green.

Stinking cloud; Lys and Yelena must make a DC 18 Fort save or be nauseated. Anyone entering the cloud must do likewise.

That done, he flees the chamber to the west (left door), even as thunderous steps sound from the floor above, causing dust to filter down from numerous cracks in the stone ceiling.


Female Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 5 | HP:43/43 | Grit 4/4 |
Stats:
|AC 21, Touch 17, FlatFoot 14, CMD 21 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +5| Init +8 | Perception +13

Let's call it part of the plan to put him closer to the melee combatants.

The foul vapours fill the room, and as Lys begins hacking and coughing, she runs forwards in the room, desperate to cut off the man's escape.

Rolls/OoC:

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Aw, man.


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1

...thunderous steps? Walter is (last on initiative) very distracted by those thunderous steps.

"By Their smell can men sometimes know Them near," mutters the wizard, "but of Their semblance can no man know, saving only in the features of those They have begotten on mankind..."


Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Yelena goes to cast a spell of her own, but is overcome by a sudden feeling of nausea as the cloud envelops her. Retching, she retreats out of the corridor to make room for other combatants to enter. "He's trying...to run. Don't...don't let him get away!"

Dice Rolls:
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Yelena's intention is to back out of the stinking cloud so she can (hopefully) get rid of the nausea.


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1

"Wait. WAIT!" The note in Walter's voice is not so much command as desperation... but it works just as well.The wizard's hands scrabble an odd, staccato pattern in the air as he hisses a series of ascending syllables. And then --

Everything slows. Sounds lengthen and deepen. The light itself seems to redden slightly. You can hear your heartbeats, and you can jump between them. You can go. Go, go, go.

Haste on everyone! Except himself. And that's Walter's turn.


Female Human Lepidstadt Inspector 5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +7 | HP 45 AC 19

Everything shifts as Walter's magic does something. Her sense feel sharper, her body feels....stranger. Crove seems slower.

Slower and reachable.

She knows what she's going to do is foolish. It comes from a lifetime of doing foolish things - what's one more?

Reaching into her coat for a bag of viscous liquid and with her rapier firmly gripped she takes a deep breath - it feels like it takes forever - and holding it as best she can she looks over to Mihaela, nods once toward the other passage and then charges forward. Everything is so strange; is she faster or the world slower?

It's irrelevant at the moment, the cloud stinks a vile stench untouched by temporal shenanigans Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 and stealing the strength of her legs with its foulness. She grits her teeth and pushes on regardless.

With a battle cry of a retching heave she lunges at the escaping Crove and attempts to burst the bag of liquid in her hands against his legs or at his feet, so long as it hits and slows him further.

Tanglefoot Attack?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


M CG Dwarf Fighter 2/Cleric of Desna 3 | HP: 45/50 | AC: 21, T: 12, FF: 17) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +10, R: +5, W: +7 (+1 against Fear Effects) | Init: +7 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Kolthis felt Walter's magic change the world around him. It was if everything in this horrible lair was submerged in water, and he was looking clearly from above. His movements were quicker, as was his ability to process the information coming in from the cramped battlefield.

Crove was trying to get away - but there was no way Kolthis would let that happen.

Muscles flexing with arcane strength, he bounded after the man, passing through the vile cloud that had stopped the others in their tracks.

Fort save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

He ignored the stench that tried to wriggle its way in to him. Crove would need to do much better to get through the heartiness of this dwarf! Moving quicker than he thought possible, Kolthis caught up to the man in no time, and swung his hammer for all his worth to try to stop him right then and there.

"Stop right there, you scum! It's time you answer for your actions."

Dice/OoC:

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d12 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Assuming the map is accurate, it doesn't seem like I would have any trouble catching up to Crove especially with haste. I wasn't sure exactly where the cloud was, so I rolled a save anyway. Also, I'm 10 feet behind Crove because reach, so someone else can still catch up and be in melee with him. If he makes any AoO provoking actions, feel free to roll my attack for me, GM.


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Kolthis runs like the wind, scything through the noxious fumes as he pounds down the hallways, bursts into the secret study, turns sharply to slam past Lys into the next small chamber - an office? - and then runs back south to explode out another door, only to see Yelena directly before him.

He's run in a full circle.

But Crove is there, having done the same and slipped out the door to the west, standing in the elbow of the hallway, breathing heavily and patting his pockets as he searches for some tool.

The dwarf's hammer cracks into his side, crushing ribs, and throwing the old man against the wall. Blood spurts from between his liver-colored lips, but despite the grievous wound and the bolt still sticking out from his side, he doesn't fall.

Instead, the turns to glare at the dwarf with a malice that is inhuman for all its intensity.

More thunderous steps sound from the floor above, as if great trees were pounding down on the asylum's stone hallways.

"It's here!" hisses Crove, eyes lighting up with something akin to manic delight even as his eye develops a tic and the last of the blood drains from his face. "It's here! If you've any desire to live, stay your hand! We must work together to destroy it! Agree, and I shall dispel my cloud!"

Top of the round! Crove is holding his action to see how the others respond. Order of initiative:

Crove (holding action, will attack if attacked in turn.)
Lys
Martine
Kolthis
Yelena
Mihaela
Walter

Lys is up, in the original study in which she ambushed Crove. Everyone can orient on Crove's location, as his hiss carries through the hallway.


Female Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 5 | HP:43/43 | Grit 4/4 |
Stats:
|AC 21, Touch 17, FlatFoot 14, CMD 21 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +5| Init +8 | Perception +13

Still Nauseated, I think.

Her lungs on fire, Lys struggles to get the door in the room open as she tries to cut off Crove's escape. And cue the orderlies..., she thinks as the door opens. On the third try, she manages to shove the door open, stepping to the other side, crossbow at the ready.

Move to open, 5ft step.


Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Yelena freezes, looking up towards the noise even as her stomach continues to roll. Walter had said that the creature would grow more powerful if it could kill its summoners. He had not said that it would be unsummoned in the process.

Brass Dwarf. It had been invulnerable in the past, but maybe, just maybe...

"Agreed." Crove must answer for his crimes, but if the creature is here, they can't afford to fight on two fronts. However heinous Crove might be, he was clearly a powerful mage. If they were going to kill this thing, if that was even possible, then he would be...useful.

If nothing else, they could trust that he would fight his hardest. Self-preservation was a powerful motivator for any man.

Yelena will also hold her action for now.


M CG Dwarf Fighter 2/Cleric of Desna 3 | HP: 45/50 | AC: 21, T: 12, FF: 17) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +10, R: +5, W: +7 (+1 against Fear Effects) | Init: +7 | Darkvision 60ft, Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Kolthis held his hammer inches from Crove's pale face, considering the options. The thunder of steps around them drove home the need for an answer to the wicked mans proclamation. He matched the malice of Crove's glare with his own, turning his hammer to hold the spiked end up to the man's eyes. "Or" he growled, "I could kill you right now to dispel the cloud, spare the monster a chance to get stronger, and kill it ourselves, without waiting for you to backstab us."

Yes, do it. Kill him. Kill him now. You can't trust him. He summoned the monster and he deserves to die.

The voice in his head had been silent, but it was now mirrored his own thoughts - why did this man deserve to live when he had brought this terror into this world in the first place.

Yelena wrote:
"Agreed."

Kolthis glanced momentarily at Yelena, serious look on her face as she looked up towards the source of the sounds. She had agreed quickly. Had she seen something in the cards, or was she concerned about their ability to handle whatever this creature was?

As much as he didn't want to let his man go, Kolthis wanted more to ensure that they would all make it out of this alive. He had promised to protect them, and it seemed like this decision would make or break that promise.

"If you could have done anything to this thing, why didn't you do it before? What do you know that we don't? Tell me, right now - give me a reason - and I won't turn you into food for the worms."

Thunder echoed louder, closer.

Kolthis smiled, putting every bit of malice and disgust he could muster behind it. "Quickly now, Crove. It sounds like your pet is hungry."


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1

"A man who will allow the death of hundreds to save his own worthless self is not a man who can be trusted," calls Walter from across the room. "He can't be trusted and he deserves to die. Kill him."

Possibly stretching the bounds of Neutral Good alignment? But Walter's reasoning is, this guy has had his chance at redemption and he's blown past it. He's made his choices. -- Walter was raised Chelaxian, which is to say LN/LE, and it still shows.


Female Human Lepidstadt Inspector 5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +7 | HP 45 AC 19

Maritine coughs wetly and spits blody bile onto he asylum floor, glaring daggers at Crove. She wants to agree with Walter - to drive her rapier down Crove's throat until he choked - but Crove was like the others. Predictable and cowardly. He would do whatever it took to stay alive and betray them as soon as it was viable.

They would simply have to betray him first.

"Fine." she hisses, a brief glance and the tiniest nod to Mihaela - They'd done this before. The Ravengro Gambit. It might need a better name.

"Get rid of the cloud. Then we deal with your beast." Her words don't sound sincere, but she doesn't care. She'd feed Crove to his own monster if she was certain it would vanish once she did so.


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Crove's snarl is a near permanent fixture on his face, and he continuously darts nervous looks up at the ceiling.

Kolthis wrote:
"If you could have done anything to this thing, why didn't you do it before? What do you know that we don't? Tell me, right now - give me a reason - and I won't turn you into food for the worms."

"You poor, pathetic, deluded fool! This divine elegance is from beyond the stars! It is so beyond our - but never mind. I have laid a trap for it. A chamber that shall strip it of its invisbility, and allow us to strike at it while it is weak! Work with me, and I shall both show you this room, act as the bait to draw the entity to the chamber, and help in its destruction."

At Walter's words, Crove snarls again, fair rolling his eyes in an agony of frustration. "Your petty morality will get us all killed!"

"Very well," he says to Maritine, and snaps his fingers, dispersing the noxious cloud in instants. "See? I have done my part! Now, hurry!"

So saying, (and unless anyone stops him) he leads the group south, casting spells as he goes (mage armor, shield of faith, delay poison), into a large chamber whose floors are inscribed with a great runic circle. The air feels greasy and wretched, and all of you find yourself laboring as you enter the chamber, as if your very will were being sapped.

Knowledge Arcana DC 25:
This is an Unhallow spell, with a focus on Invisibility Purge.

Everyone who enters the chamber is under the effects of a Protection from Good spell.

"Here we shall await it," says Crove, striding into the center of the room and looking up at the ceiling once more from whence dust sifts down. "When it arrives, you shall engage it in battle. I shall effect magics to destroy it. Are we agreed?"

Sense Motivation DC 11:

Crove Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Crove is clearly hiding some facet of his plan; from the way he smiles as he speaks it, you get the sense he doesn't plan to destroy the entity.[/spoiler]

Just as he finishes speaking, the ceiling wrenches, cracks, and for a moment you think you will all be buried. Then an avalanche of rocks cascades into the hallway beyond, as something vast and malefic begins its imminent descent into the hallway. Only the swirls of dust give its presence away - it's clearly still invisible.

You can take advantage of the walk south to cast spells or otherwise prepare. There's effectively one round to go before the entity approaches/enters the chamber! We're not yet in initiative, but I'll roll it anyway in case anyone decides to do something violent.

Initiative
Mihaela: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Walter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Lys: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Martine: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Kolthis: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Yelena: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Crove: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Spawn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1

Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

"He's speaking the truth about the invisibility. Otherwise... this roomhas been charged with negative energy. It will empower any undead who enter it."

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Walter is too busy analyzing the spell to pay any further attention to Crove.


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1

-- Wait, I'm near the top in initiative? Dang. Okay well, here's initiative ordered for convenience: Lys, Walter, Yelena, Kolthis, Mihaela, Spawn*, Martine, Crove

*assumes the Spawn has a lower Dex than Mihaela.

BUFF ROUND

Everyone cast a buff if you've got one. I already have Mage Armor on --much good may it do me, my AC is now a whopping 17 -- and I can throw a Protection from Evil as well --

-- Ah wait, that gives me an idea.


Female Human Psychic (Esoteric Starseeker) 5 | HP 25/27 | AC: 18 (T: 11, FF: 17) | Saves: F:+7, R:+5, W:+9 (+2 vs fear effects) | Init: +6 | Perc. +10
More Info:
BAB: +2, CMB: 1, CMD: +12 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 6/6, (Bonus) 1/1 | Phrenic Pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Yelena follows Crove into the room, eyes never leaving him even as the creature prowls overhead. She may believe that allowing him to fight alongside them is the best choice they have, but that doesn't mean she trusts him.

K. Arcana: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"I would recommend dispelling the protection spell," she comments. "It will do nothing to protect you from the creature, and will do much to hinder us. Unless, of course, that is your plan?" She smiles at Crove, oddly sweetly considering the bite in her words. "Use us as shields while you try to control your...pet?" Her eyes narrow. "I believed that allying with you was our best option to stop this thing. If at any point you make me stop believing that, I have no qualms about killing you. Do you understand?"

While waiting for Crove's answer, she brings her hands together in a brief prayer. "May the Starsong guide and protect us all."

Casting Bless. All allies, (and Crove is not included among that number), get a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.


[Loot] | [Maps] Toilsday the 13th of Pharast, around 11:30 p.m.

Crove gives a disdainful wave of his hand at Yelena's words. He's utterly focused on the descending monstrosity.

"I dispel the circle, we lose our ability to remove it's invisibility. Hush, woman, so that I may concentrate!"


Male Human Wizard | HP 22/22 |AC 17 (Tch 13, FF 14) | Fort 0, Ref +3, Will +7|Init +1 Perception +1

Buff round:

Cast Protection from Evil on myself, from wand. AC is now 19 -- still pretty dismal -- but summoned creatures can't touch me, woo.

Move to be adjacent to Crove.

Initiative in buff round is now: Lys, Walter, Yelena, Kolthis, Mihaela, Spawn*, Martine, Crove. So, Lys and Kolthis are up.


Female Human Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) 5 | HP:43/43 | Grit 4/4 |
Stats:
|AC 21, Touch 17, FlatFoot 14, CMD 21 | Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +5| Init +8 | Perception +13

Her bowels once again under her control, Lys throws a violent look at Crove. It pains to aid him, but I'd say we risk it. Unless a death at the hand of the monster's what he wants. Beware, hunter, for morality is a flimsy shield, and all that.

Loading bolts into her crossbow, Lys frowns. "Yeah. We'd concentrate a lot better without an insane sociopath amidst us, too.", she snaps, as the crossbow clicks and whirrs.

Standard Action to Reload.


Female Human Lepidstadt Inspector 5 | Initiative +4 | Perception +10 | Fort +3 Ref +9 Will +7 | HP 45 AC 19

Maritine and Miheala make sure that the both of them are close enough that when the time is right, the two of them can strike Crove before he can take advantage of the upcoming chaos.

Readying a potion of True Strike for Maritine
Mihaela readying her starknives, casting Bless on group

501 to 530 of 530 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carrion Hill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.