Cartmanbeck's Age of Ashes - PF2 Play-by-post

Game Master cartmanbeck

Google Slides Maps


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,406 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk moves into the cave a bit, then attacks the spiders in the back.

Attacking red if i can hit it in 30 feet, yellow if i can't.

Cast: Produce Rocks
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Bludgeoning damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10

But he seems to miss.

Stride, Cast a Spell x2

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Alak swings first at the blue spider that is flanking Isiros.
greatsword: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 x2=20
He cleaves it in half, then turns to the green one.

greatsword: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 12 - 5 = 23 damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
And finishes it off as well.

Round 1 - bold may act!
Alak
Ash
spooder yellow
Abalyn
Isiros
spooder orange
spooder red
Zim
Hawk


CN male goblin oracle 3 | HP 36/36 | AC 21 | F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

Ash charges forward, ash swirling about him and flames surrounding his fists. He tries to punch the orange spider!

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Fire!: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4) + 5 = 13

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Ash causes some major damage to a spider, though it's still kicking.

The yellow spider then shoots at Ash with some webbing.
web: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 And he is hit! The webbing sticks Ash to the nearest wall, as described below:
Web Trap A creature hit by the hunting spider’s web attack is immobilized and stuck to the nearest surface until it Escapes (DC 17).

It then steps forward and tries to eat him.
bite: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 5 = 6 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 but it misses him horribly.

Round 2 - bold may act!
Alak
Ash
spooder yellow
Abalyn
Isiros

spooder orange (-13)
spooder red
Zim
Hawk


CG Female Human Investigator 4 HP 40/40 | AC 21| F +6 R +11 W +11 | Perc +11 (+12 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn studies and stabs the spider in front of her!

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Rapier: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 But I think misses.
Piercing damage just in case: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) = 15

Rapier: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


LN male human fighter 4 | HP 47/60 | AC 20 | F+9 R+7 (Bulwark) W+9 | Perc +9 | 25ft | Active Conditions: sickenend 1, stupefied 1

Isiros moves around the orange Spider to set up flanking and then strikes orange

Would've triggered a reaction from orange (Strode around it)

Flatfooted if it applies
Strike Orange w/ halberd: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Then strikes Orange again (if alive) or red

Flatfooted vs Orange if it applies
Strike Orange (Or Red) w/ halberd: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 5 = 18 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"Not so fast!!" he yells as though they can understand him.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Abalyn just BARELY misses the spider, and then Isiros hits it, destroys it, then hits red with a solid attack.

The red one then bites at the now-flanked Isiros.
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 But it still misses him.

Round 2 - bold may act!
Alak
Ash
spooder yellow
Abalyn
Isiros
spooder red (-9)
Zim
Hawk


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk attacks red with Elemental Toss, tossing some rocks at it.
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Bludgeoning damage: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Then attacks them both with Electric Arc.
Electricity damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7
Basic reflex save.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Red goes down from Hawk's elemental toss.

Reflex yellow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 and yellow takes some shocking damage.

Round 2 - bold may act!
Alak
Ash
spooder yellow (-3)
Abalyn
Isiros
Zim
Hawk


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 4 AC 18 | F +8 R +8 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +8

Zim grabs one of Hawk's rocks, and smashes it back into the remaining spider.

Spell Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Bludgeoning damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9 (double on crit)

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Zim's rock is enough to bash in the spider's mandibles, and it falls in a heap.

Out of combat!


CG Female Human Investigator 4 HP 40/40 | AC 21| F +6 R +11 W +11 | Perc +11 (+12 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”Well, that was bracing... Literally, for Ash, I guess.” Abalyn makes sure Ash doesn’t need help getting unstuck, then searches the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"Yes. Quite the sticky situation there for a moment."

Hawk will cast Detect Magic and also refocus.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

The gods, as a whole, roll their eyes at the puns coming from the adventurers.

Abalyn searches around and finds several human-sized lumps in the webbing along the northern wall, and one of them is a recently deceased human carrying a magical scimitar.

Using Zim's modifier as it's highest.
identify: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
identify: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 Zim is able to recognize the sword as a +1 striking scimitar.


CG Female Human Investigator 4 HP 40/40 | AC 21| F +6 R +11 W +11 | Perc +11 (+12 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

The group heads east!

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

The gloom and tunnels snaking away from each end of this open cavern make it seem like merely a corridor rather than a proper chamber. Thick sheets of spiderwebs hang from the northern wall.

Perceptions: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Perceptions: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

To Abalyn, it looks like the spiderwebs along the northern wall are actually the walls of a well-designed tent-like structure.


LN male human fighter 4 | HP 47/60 | AC 20 | F+9 R+7 (Bulwark) W+9 | Perc +9 | 25ft | Active Conditions: sickenend 1, stupefied 1

Isiros grabs the +1 striking scimitar. "Any takers?" He asks. Not my first choice, but may come in handy... he thinks as he stores it. Think only Alak can also use it so if he wants it he can have it


CG Female Human Investigator 4 HP 40/40 | AC 21| F +6 R +11 W +11 | Perc +11 (+12 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

"Guys, those spider webs look really weird. Almost... constructed. I think we may be dealing with a sentient spider. Maybe Hawk should go up and try to talk to it."


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"I'll give it a try."
Under my breath: "I just hope this isn't like the whole "snake people" thing or that dragon who founded Breechill."

Hawk approaches the webs and calls out "Hello? Is anyone here? We aren't looking for a fight if there is no need for it."

The realizing spiders might not speak common, he tries in the other languages he knows.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Hero point
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

A hunched woman with dark, almost gray skin and several incredibly long braids of black hair sticks her head out of the tangle of webs. "Oh! Hello there! You're not cultists, I'd say. Are you?"


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"No, we are not. Might I ask the kind of cultists of which you speak? We have recently had a run in with some, but weren't aware of there presence in this area."

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"Those blasted Cinderclaws, of course! Terrorizing everything... and they got me stuck here! I should be down in the jungles of the Mwangi, not in this damnable, dry place!"

She steps fully out of her webbing. Image of her added to the map.

A Society check could tell you a bit about her.


CG Female Human Investigator 4 HP 40/40 | AC 21| F +6 R +11 W +11 | Perc +11 (+12 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn looks this woman over.

Society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Abalyn is pretty sure the woman is from the Mwangi expanse, as she mentioned. She seems to carry no weapons whatsoever, suggesting she perhaps has magical abilities of some type.


CG Female Human Investigator 4 HP 40/40 | AC 21| F +6 R +11 W +11 | Perc +11 (+12 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Huh. Odd. There were birds from the Mwangi Expanse back at the Citadel, and now there's a resident of the Mwangi Expanse in these caves. I wonder how they got here. Could this have anything to do with those elf gates Calmont was going on about?


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"What do you mean by saying they got you stuck here? Why can't you return by the way you came?"

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"I was following them to try to find out what they were up to, and they went through this portal thing, and I made the stupid decision to follow them invisibly... and then they didn't come back through, and they have the key for the portal! I haven't been able to get it from them... they're surprisingly vigilant. They're all downstairs."


CN male goblin oracle 3 | HP 36/36 | AC 21 | F +7 R +10 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

"Ooh, you know where they are?" Ash interjects excitedly. "They killed some friends and ruined their home. We'd really like to help you out. Especially if you can help us figure out how to work the portal so we can send you home."

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"That all sounds great to me. I want to get back to my tribe... the cultists have probably been causing them all types of trouble while I've been gone!"

She seems willing to go along with you moving forward. She can also answer questions for you about what you might find ahead.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"Well, then let's go find some cultists. By any chance are you aware of these cultists working with an elven woman here named Voz?"


CG Female Human Investigator 4 HP 40/40 | AC 21| F +6 R +11 W +11 | Perc +11 (+12 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”She may have been a mite when you saw her, if it was before the polymorph,” adds Abalyn helpfully. Hm. I wonder if we’re going to find the real Voz’s body somewhere.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"Voz, you say? Never heard of a Voz. Malarunk's the cultist in charge down below. He's a charau-ka, and pretty vicious."


CG Female Human Investigator 4 HP 40/40 | AC 21| F +6 R +11 W +11 | Perc +11 (+12 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”What do you know about these cultists... Cinderclaws, did you call them? What do they worship?”


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk continues to wonder what the connection between Voz and the cultists might be, or if it is just dumb luck that both of them were interested in the same thing at the same time.

"Any other info you can give us about the cultists? Especially anything that might be helpful in confronting them. Perhaps their number and anything we should be aware of?"

After that....
"Might I ask why you were hiding inside these webs?"


LN male human fighter 4 | HP 47/60 | AC 20 | F+9 R+7 (Bulwark) W+9 | Perc +9 | 25ft | Active Conditions: sickenend 1, stupefied 1

Isiros stands idly by, Cinderclaws...malarunk...portals!


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 4 AC 18 | F +8 R +8 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +8

"I am very interested to see this portal. If you can show us where it is, then I am sure we are willing to help you make your way back through it."

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"They worship Dahak, the dragon god of destruction! They've been trying to drive my tribe from our land and take our sacred sites for their detestable practices."

"As far as other information about them... Malarunk is a cleric of Dahak, and a powerful one. He carries a gauntlet that can burn people with a mere touch. His underlings are weak, but numerous enough to be a threat. I've counted at least four of them."

She thinks for a moment. "If you're willing to clear these creatures from the portal, and retrieve the portal's key, I will show you how to activate it. I am actually surprised more of the cultists haven't appeared in the last few weeks. Also, I have not introduced myself. I am Renali." She bows deeply at the adventurers. "Might I know who you are, travelers?"

If the party makes to continue on, she stops them. "Another thing... there's a creature in the next cavern. He seems to be mad... he speaks to the skeletons of long-deceased goblins as if they were alive. He was easy for me to bypass with an invisibility potion, but I have no more of those to use. I don't know how strong he is, though."

Renali is willing to follow the party, though she is unlikely to put herself in mortal danger, and will flee if the party seems unable to handle a fight.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk introduces himself and the others. "My name is Hawk. Here we have Isiros, Zimbartel, Ash, Abalyn. And over there is Alak. We were sent to investigate some troubles for a local goblin tribe and found these cultists as the cause of it."


CG Female Human Investigator 4 HP 40/40 | AC 21| F +6 R +11 W +11 | Perc +11 (+12 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

The group notices that there is a ten-foot drop ahead. Can we maybe go around?” asks Abalyn. ”Climbing’s not my best skill.” Then without waiting for Isiros to make fun of her, she heads back to the cave with the spiders and heads north.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"Oh, going around probably won't make much difference... there's a drop-off either way you go, and that cavern with the crazy creature is the only way through."

If the goal is to not have to jump down the 10-foot drop, she makes it clear that you'll have that to deal with either way you go.


CG Female Human Investigator 4 HP 40/40 | AC 21| F +6 R +11 W +11 | Perc +11 (+12 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”Well, fiddlesticks! Who’s got a grappling hook?”

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Abalyn is on the scene:
The woman notes the term "grappling hook" and stares blankly at you, as if she's never heard the term, let alone having use for one.


CG Female Human Investigator 4 HP 40/40 | AC 21| F +6 R +11 W +11 | Perc +11 (+12 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn’s eyebrows go way up. Who is this woman? Should we trust her? She says the man in the next cave is crazy, but people call me crazy all the time...


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 4 AC 18 | F +8 R +8 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +8

"I suppose here or there makes little difference then - either path leads to a cliff and a madman. In that case, I believe it prudent to see what we can see." With that, Zim picks up a stone nearly the size of his fist, concentrates, and casts Light on it. The rocks glows brightly. He heads to the edge of the drop, and lightly tosses the rock over the edge.


LN male human fighter 4 | HP 47/60 | AC 20 | F+9 R+7 (Bulwark) W+9 | Perc +9 | 25ft | Active Conditions: sickenend 1, stupefied 1

Isiros returns the bow as Renali introduces herself and Hawk introduces him.

"I've got a grappling hook Abalyn, and pitons as well.". He watches eagerly as Zim throws a shining rock below and Isiros is ready to descend when the group is convinced it is safe to do so.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

At the bottom of the drop, once you've thrown in the light source, you see many, many bones.

"WHO DISTURBS KING RALLDAR??" you hear a creature bellow from further into the cavern.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk gives a look to his companions, raising his eyebrows. Then he call calls out, "Hail King Ralldar. We apologize, as we did not mean to disturb you. We are but an band of adventurers seeking some cultists that have passed this way. Forgive my ignorance, oh King, but I must confess I've not heard of your name nor realm before. Would you be kind enough to enlighten me as to the extent of your lordship and your realm?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

I guess I should have made a society check to see if I knew who King Ralldar was. Assuming this check doesn't give me any knowledge of who he is, I'll continue with the above.
Society: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"ALL YOU SEE IS RALLDAR'S REALM! I AM THE MASTER OF THESE CAVES! Now, BRING ME A GIFT! The most valuable item you have on you belongs to ME, SERVANT!!"


LN male human fighter 4 | HP 47/60 | AC 20 | F+9 R+7 (Bulwark) W+9 | Perc +9 | 25ft | Active Conditions: sickenend 1, stupefied 1

Isiros wonders whether or not Ralldar is really a king and whether or not he has a right to call Hawk a servant.

Legal lore:
Legal lore: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 if legal lore doesn't work I'd be +1 as untrained in heraldry/misc lore


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +8 | Perc +6 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Only if Isiros doesn't determine he is a king:

In a whisper to his companions: "Be ready."

"Oh great King Ralldar, forgive me but in this darkness I can not see far. I'm afraid we have no gift to offer you. But we mean you no harm and no disrespect. We only wish to pass by in order to remove some evil cultists from these caves. Allow us to do you the service of you ridding your realm of their presence."

Hawk will then cast Guidance on Isiros if he can, in the hopes it might help him climb down more quickly if necessary.

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,406 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cartmanbeck's Age of Ashes - PF2 Play-by-post All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.