Disappearance of Lord Gyr (Inactive)

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Slides and Maps


51 to 100 of 100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Again, do we want to activate it and see where it goes or leave it for now? I would make the small assumption that where Lord Gyr went lies on the other side of the wardrobe." Banjae says, bouncing slightly on the balls of her feet.


HP 129 | AC: 29 | Fort (E): +20; Ref (E): +20; Will (E): +14 | Perception (E): +14 Focus: 1 (1) | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor (6th)

"I fear you are likely correct, Banjae. Let us be about it."

With that, Orvin stepped into the wardrobe and closed the door.


Spell slots left: 1st (3), 2nd (2), 3rd (2), 4th (3), 5th (3), 6th (2)

Aarius will follow suit lol

He keeps one arm on his maul, just in case.


Kargakan follow also. Weapon in hand and ready to jump into action!


Banjae works on attempting to activate the wardrobe.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38 Arcane


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

After you close the door, you feel a bit of pressure against your ears, and a brief dizzying sensation. Of its own volition, the door opens behind you, but you find yourself stepping out into a large and opulent bedchamber.

Beside the large wardrobe that you stepped out of, the chamber contains a fine writing desk, a large four-poster bed, and a low cabinet.

Through the window, you see that you look out over a circular park into a small city.

Society DC 20:
You recognize that the city is Cassomir, in northwestern Taldor.


HP 129 | AC: 29 | Fort (E): +20; Ref (E): +20; Will (E): +14 | Perception (E): +14 Focus: 1 (1) | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor (6th)

Society: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

taking in the view through the window, Orvin mutters "Taldor, really?"


Can't fail that DC.

"Of course. Where else would Cassomir be?" Banjae smiles. "Now, let's see what we can find in this room, shall we?"

Banjae "Takes the Case" on Lord Gyr, hoping to separate out clues about him in the room, and begins searching,


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Banjae spends a minute putting together everything you've learned about Lord Gyr so far, begins the search of the room, finding that is is clear and looks frequently dusted.

Secrets!:

B: 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 21 + 2 = 42

Banjea:
You find the following: The wardrobe that you emerged from does not contain any clothes or items of interest. The bed looks freshly made. It has obviously been cared for within the past few days. The cabinet also looks freshly dusted. Inside its glass doors you see a collection of curios and knickknacks, items apparently gathered from around the world, perhaps during Gyr's years as an adventurer.

Or, that's at least what someone wants you to think. Your keen eyes see that all of the items are actually reproductions that were placed in the cabinet at roughly the same time.

The desk in the room has been similarly staged. The books and reports there were all placed at the same time, and have not been touched since.

Close examination of the desk does reveal a small secret compartment. Inside is a short folded note and a tourmaline gem. The contents of the note are clearly a cipher and don't yield their secrets to casual examination.

As Banjea is searching, you hear footsteps approaching the door in the eastern wall.


HP 129 | AC: 29 | Fort (E): +20; Ref (E): +20; Will (E): +14 | Perception (E): +14 Focus: 1 (1) | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor (6th)

Orvin will move to the door as quietly as he can and then snatch it open, trying to surprise whoever is on the other side.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Orvinm you open the door and see three figures, an older Taldan woman in a maid's uniform and two male halflings in laborer's clothing. They do look startled to see you, though they quickly recover their composure.

"Oh, we weren't expecting visitors today! The boys and I were just in to beat some rugs."

The woman gives a strange emphasis to the word beat, and the "laborers" leer at you menacingly. All if not as it seems!

For the interest of time, we'll skip the banter here and get right into combat. Orvin, we'll use your stealth for iniative. Everyone else will use Perception--except these tricky characters who are going to use Deception. Kargankhan and Aarius start yourselves wherever you think is appropriate in the bedroom.

Initiative:

B: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31
K: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
A: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
Red: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
Blue: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
Yellow: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32

One of the laborers produces a short sword, seemingly from nowhere, Strides up to Orvin and Strikes.
short sword: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37 for piercing: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 3) + 13 = 18

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Yellow
Aarius
Orvin
(-18)
Banjae
Blue
Red
Kargankhan

Bold may act.

Combat Map


Sadly, i Will try to use athlétic for this if this is possible. I am still last

Kargakan aims to jump and goes pass the orc and the halfling. (What gear have the halfling also.)


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun
Kargakan wrote:

Sadly, i Will try to use athlétic for this if this is possible. I am still last

Kardakhan uses the bed to be able jump Higher.

Haha. Works for me. Swashbucklers are funny.


Spell slots left: 1st (3), 2nd (2), 3rd (2), 4th (3), 5th (3), 6th (2)

Sorry about that, things were hectic yesterday and couldn't check it till just now.

As a reaction to the initative, Aarius casts Call To Arms. Pain starts writhing through his body as magic flows to his allies and himself.

Everyone except Orvin gets a +3 to initative and 6 Temp HP (sorry you were out of range and I can only cast it as a reaction to initative)

Aarius will then Stride with his Maul in hand and cast Spiritual Weapon as a second level spell. Another maul made of ghostly energy will appear next to Yellow and will make an attack.

Spell Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Does this count as a Strike for the purposes of my Oracle's Curse? If not, I have -2 to my AC

....2 natural 1s in a row. Welp...


HP 129 | AC: 29 | Fort (E): +20; Ref (E): +20; Will (E): +14 | Perception (E): +14 Focus: 1 (1) | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor (6th)

Orvin sighs and says "I hope one of you will survive to be able to answer questions." he then moves back 5' and Casts Lightning Bolt.

DC 30 Basic Reflex Save: 4d12 ⇒ (2, 6, 4, 10) = 22


Banjae moves up next to Aarius and lets fly with an electric arc between yellow and red.

6d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 1, 4, 2) + 4 = 18
Save DC 27 Reflex for half

"They're working very hard to create a false front. Most everything in here is fake, probably including them. They may be tougher than they look." Banjae calls out.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

1) The halflings look to be dressed in ordinary worker's clothes, but one of them just pulled a sword out of nowhere, so there might be some trickery going on.
2) I'll adjust initiative and Temp HP on the tracker. I don't think spell attacks count for your curse, as it's a separate action from Strike.

As combat begins, Aarius cries out a spell that boosts the team. He then conjures a spell hammer to attack one of the foes. Orvin and Banjae unleash electrical charges at the foes, who try to jump out of the way.

Lightning Bolt: Basic Reflex DC 30
Reflex: Yellow: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25
Reflex: Red: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37
Reflex: Blue: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40
Electric Arc: Basic Reflex DC 27
Reflex: Yellow: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30
Reflex: Red: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

The worker by the door (yellow) takes the full brunt of the lightning bolt, while the maid (red) avoids some of its damage and the other worker (blue) ignores it altogether. Both target' dance out of the way of Banjae's electric arc, the yellow laborer extremely nimble in his evasion.

Seeing the bottleneck at the door, the blue laborer seems beset with indecision. (Delay)

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Aarius (6 THP, -2 AC)
Banjae (6 THP)
Yellow (-22, spiritual weapon)
Orvin (-18)
Blue (Delay)
Kargankhan (6 THP)
Red (-11)

Bold may act. Aarius and Banjae, you'll act before yellow in Round 2.

Combat Map


first action move, Second action tumble, third trip. They were some modifications in the stats (Kagakan cannot have 20 of strength.so it migrate to dex.

dering-do tumble: 1d20 + 24 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 24 + 1 = 29
dering-do tumble 2: 1d20 + 24 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 24 + 1 = 34

trip 1+derring-do: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (3) + 23 = 26
trip 2+derring-do: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32

Kargakan runs toward the halfing, he jumps behind Aarius, attempt to smash the halfing into the ground using his weight and he returns on his feet.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Kargakan succeeds on both of his maneuvers--but only because of his derring-do! The halfling in front of Orvin falls with an "oof!"

The other halfling springs into action, drawing a blade, moving up to Kargakhan, and attacking him.
short sword: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34 for piercing: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 1) + 13 = 17

Meanwhile, the "maid" gestures with her broom and a field of shadowy tentacles grow up around Banjae, Aarius, and Orvin.
Spell Attack: Banjae: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29
Spell Attack: Aarius: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33
Spell Attack: Orvin: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24
Bludgeoning: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 1) = 4

Recognize Spell & DC 26 Arcana or Occultism:
The spell is black tentacles.

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Aarius (2 THP, grabbed, -2 AC)
Banjae (2 THP, Grabbed)
Yellow (-22, prone, spiritual weapon)
Orvin (-18)
Blue (Delay)
Kargankhan (-11)
Red (-11)

Bold may act.

Battlefield conditions: Tentacles! Some info to speed play along: The tentacles' Escape DC is 30. A creature can attack a tentacle in an attempt to release its grip. Its AC is 30, and it is destroyed if it takes 12 or more damage. Even if destroyed, additional tentacles continue to grow in the area until the duration ends.

Grabbed

Combat Map


Flat Check DC 5 1d20 ⇒ 6 to draw rapier.
Escape Attempt 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25 fails,
Flat DC5 for somatic 1d20 ⇒ 3 tries to cast shield, failing as the tentacles restrict her.


Spell slots left: 1st (3), 2nd (2), 3rd (2), 4th (3), 5th (3), 6th (2)

Aarius starts struggling. "Let me go, you giant tentacles."

He'll start off by Sustaining his Spiritual weapon, allowing it to Stride over to the maid and attacking her instead.

Spirit Sword attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Force Damage.
N-N-Natural TWENNNNNTY
Crit: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
Crit damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Force Damage.

He'll spend his second action to strike at the Tentacle grabbing his legs with his Maul.

Strike: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Damage: 2d12 + 5 ⇒ (6, 10) + 5 = 21 Bludgeoning Damage
Well, at least I'm consistent. :P

and for his third action, he'll cast Shield on himself.
Flat Check, DC5: 1d20 ⇒ 11

He manages to cast the shield though he cannot break the tentacles on himself to break himself free.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

I think since they Strike, spiritual weapons just do double damage on a critical hit, even though they are spells. No need to confirm them, they just double the initial damage.

The maid grunts when the ghostly maul slams into her. "You'll pay for that!"

The yellow laborer Stands, Strikes at Kargankhan, then Strides away.
Strike: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28 for piercing: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 1) + 13 = 17
The stroke flies wide of the dwarf.

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Aarius (2 THP, grabbed, -2 AC)
Banjae (2 THP, Grabbed)
Yellow (-22)
Orvin (-18)
Kargankhan (-11)
Blue
Red (-27)

Bold may act.

Battlefield conditions: Tentacles! Some info to speed play along: The tentacles' Escape DC is 30. A creature can attack a tentacle in an attempt to release its grip. Its AC is 30, and it is destroyed if it takes 12 or more damage. Even if destroyed, additional tentacles continue to grow in the area until the duration ends.

Grabbed

Combat Map


1. Step. Second grab. Third...Confident finisher!
grab1: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36
grab2: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30

attack finished second attack + agile+ feat: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
2d4 + 2 + 4 + 4d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 + 4 + (1, 5, 3, 2) = 20

bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Kargakan steps toward the "evil?" witch and grabbed her. He uses the stabbing side of his clan dagger.

"You are no match for us Laddie."


HP 129 | AC: 29 | Fort (E): +20; Ref (E): +20; Will (E): +14 | Perception (E): +14 Focus: 1 (1) | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor (6th)

Orvin moved into the room and out of the area of the tentacles, then cast Fireball, centered so it would hit the three enemies in the room, but none of his allies.

DC 30 Reflex Save: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 1, 2, 1) = 16


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

The agile dwarf grabs the maid by the arm and delivers a mighty stab that leaves a bleeding wound. Orvin follows up by blasting fire across the room.

Fireball: Basic Reflex DC 30
Reflex: Red: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27
Reflex: Blue: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34
Reflex: Yellow: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28

"Oh no you don't!" The blue swordsman shouts as he unleashes a series of Strikes at Kargankhan.
shortsword: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38 for piercing: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 3) + 13 = 19
shortsword: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 for piercing: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 5) + 13 = 20

He then Strides away, daring the dwarf to follow.

Meanwhile, the maid mutters a word of power and struggles against Kkargankhan's grib, attempting to cast a spell.
DC 5 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 20
With a whoosh, she disappears from the swashbuckler's grasp and appears inside the bed room.

Her wounds bleed a bit.
Bleed Flast Check DC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 11

~+~Combat Round 3~+~
Aarius
(2 THP, grabbed, -2 AC)
Banjae (2 THP, Grabbed)
Yellow (-38)
Orvin (-18)
Kargankhan (-50)
Blue
Red (-66, bleed)

Bold may act.

Battlefield conditions: Tentacles! Some info to speed play along: The tentacles' Escape DC is 30. A creature can attack a tentacle in an attempt to release its grip. Its AC is 30, and it is destroyed if it takes 12 or more damage. Even if destroyed, additional tentacles continue to grow in the area until the duration ends.

Grabbed

Combat Map


Spell slots left: 1st (3), 2nd (2), 3rd (2), 4th (3), 5th (3), 6th (2)

Aarius will attempt once again to Strike the tentacle first.
Strike: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
Damage: 2d12 + 5 ⇒ (1, 7) + 5 = 13
Miss

He will strike a second time.
Strike: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Damage: 2d12 + 5 ⇒ (3, 8) + 5 = 16
so close

For his third action, he will sustain his spell. Still on the maid.
Spell attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Yeah I'm stuck.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

First time I've used black tentacles. Still brutal! I also forgot to roll the damage for it this round.
Bludgeoning: 1d6 ⇒ 2


1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36 Escaped!
Banjae moves adjacent to Red, outside the tentacles.

Banjae lashes out with her rapier 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 methinks that's a miss


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Aarius and Banjae both struggle against the tentacle, and the investigator manages to slip out. The surprisingly tough maid dodges both of their blows.

"Ah, keen to join the party?" the yellow halfling quips at Orvin before Striding over and attacking him twice.
shortsword: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41 for piercing: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 3) + 13 = 18
shortsword: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 for piercing: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 2) + 13 = 20

The halfling lands a brutal blow and follows up with another solid hit.

~+~Combat Round 3~+~
Aarius (grabbed, -2 AC)
Banjae (Grabbed)
Yellow (-38)
Orvin (-74)
Kargankhan (-50)
Blue
Red (-66, bleed)

Bold may act.

Battlefield conditions: Tentacles! Some info to speed play along: The tentacles' Escape DC is 30. A creature can attack a tentacle in an attempt to release its grip. Its AC is 30, and it is destroyed if it takes 12 or more damage. Even if destroyed, additional tentacles continue to grow in the area until the duration ends.

Grabbed

Combat Map


Leap 15ft, grab and finisher

Kargahan leaps while doing a back somersault toward yellow he attempt to grab him.

grab: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 27

1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 20 - 4 = 18
2d4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 = 11 Wounding1d6 ⇒ 1

Orvin, attack their mind or body! They are as Quick as a Goblin who drink coffee!


HP 129 | AC: 29 | Fort (E): +20; Ref (E): +20; Will (E): +14 | Perception (E): +14 Focus: 1 (1) | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor (6th)

Orvin moves away from yellow, and then one of the tattoos on Orvin's left arm flares, and an effect washes over both enemies.

Casting Slow using my innate spell on both targets. It's a DC 30 Will Save, with effects based on how well they save: Crit success is unaffected, success is Slow 1 for a round, fail is slow 1 for a minute, and crit fail is slow 2 for a minute.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Kargahan's acrobatics are impressive, but he just fails to hold onto the slippery halfling. His clan dagger attack flies far wide, leaving him open to a retaliatory strike!

Reaction: Opportune Riposte: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25 for piercing: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 3) + 13 = 19

Orvin's magic washes over the fighters.
Slow: Will Save DC 30
Will (Yellow): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Will (Blue): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

Ouch!

His limbs heavy with magic, the blue halfling heads for the door. In the bedroom, the maid grins at Banjae. "Don't look now, I think something's behind you." She bends her fingers at an unnatural angle and Banjae's own shadow seems to grow up into long, jagged claws and strike at the investigator.
Melee Spell Attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35 for slashing: 2d10 ⇒ (9, 8) = 17

Then, with a dismissive word a shimmering shield of magic forms in front of her.
Tentacles: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Flat Check DC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 11

~+~Combat Round 4~+~
Aarius
(-3, grabbed, -2 AC)
Banjae (-17)
Yellow (-38, slow 2)
Orvin (-74)
Kargankhan (-50)
Blue (slow 2)
Red (-67, bleed)

Bold may act.

Battlefield conditions: Tentacles! Some info to speed play along: The tentacles' Escape DC is 30. A creature can attack a tentacle in an attempt to release its grip. Its AC is 30, and it is destroyed if it takes 12 or more damage. Even if destroyed, additional tentacles continue to grow in the area until the duration ends.

Grabbed

Combat Map


Spell slots left: 1st (3), 2nd (2), 3rd (2), 4th (3), 5th (3), 6th (2)

Strike: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30
Damage: 2d12 + 5 ⇒ (11, 8) + 5 = 24 Bludgeoning Damage
Finally! Also I have my full AC this turn due to doing the STrike action

Aarius lands a clean blow on the tentacles. From the sounds of things, the battle was getting intense, and he was missing on the action. He strides in to see Orvin being bloodied.

"Orvin, get behind me. I'll heal ya!"

He also sustains his spell against Blue.
Spell Attack: 1d20 + 19 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 19 - 5 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Force damage


"Orvin, let's me this halfling. I think i found my Target." smirks Kargakan.


Banjae studies her opponent. Medicine vs Fortitude 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40 Hoping that's a critical success.

Swings rapier 1d20 + 21 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 21 + 1 = 27 for 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11 and 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1) = 11 precision and 1d6 bleed // plus 1d8 ⇒ 6 deadly and 1d12 bleed(instead of 1d6) on crit

And comes back with it again 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 1 = 36 for 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10 and 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5) = 16 precision // plus 1d8 ⇒ 1 deadly and 1d12 bleed(instead of 1d6) on crit

"I think that was pretty close to your spleen. In any case, it was an arterial strike. You may want to sit down and let me take a look at it before you bleed to death." Banjae says, her even and calm demeanor being all the creepier for her words.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Finally free of the tentacles, Aarius moves to join Orvin, though his spell falls short of damaging the maid.

Banjae's keen senses pick out the maid's weakness. (That was a critical success!) Her first attack just misses, but her second rapier strike aims true. The woman presses a hand to her side with a hiss of pain, but she doesn't show any signs of surrendering.

Will: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30

Banjae:
After studying her closely, you realize that the maid is actually a much younger woman. A haze of magic floats around her, but you can see she's wearing fighter's clothing and carrying a staff, not a broom.

The yellow halfling struggles to speak under the weight of magic, "We'll...do you yet...intruders."
shortsword: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37 for piercing: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 2) + 13 = 20
His sword slices into Kargankhan.

~+~Combat Round 4~+~
Aarius (-3)
Banjae (-17)
Yellow (-38, slow 2)
Orvin (-74)
Kargankhan (-70)
Blue (slow 2)
Red (-93, 1d6 bleed)

Bold may act.

Battlefield conditions: Tentacles!

Combat Map


HP 129 | AC: 29 | Fort (E): +20; Ref (E): +20; Will (E): +14 | Perception (E): +14 Focus: 1 (1) | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor (6th)

Orvin gestures towards Blue, and a torrent of snow begins swirling around him.

Spending a Focus Point to cast Personal Blizzard, which has the following effects:
*each round the target takes 2d4 cold damage
*Everything has concealment to the target, and the target has concealment
*the first square of movement for the target each round is difficult terrain
*It is sustained up to 1 minute.

damage for the start of target's turn: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4


1.grab. 2. Specific dwarf feat (2 actions)

Kargakan catches the yellow halfling's arm. And attacks two Times and parry.

grab: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33

1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 20 - 4 = 33
2d4 + 2 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 + 4 + 4 = 15 and 1d6 ⇒ 5 bleed from Wounding.
1d20 + 20 - 8 ⇒ (20) + 20 - 8 = 32
2d4 + 2 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 + 4 + 4 = 15 multiply by two. And 1d12 ⇒ 4 bleed for Wounding. 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 from crit

Post is in construction


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Sorry for the delay. I got caught up in looking up the rules for stacking persistent damage. (If the damage is the same type, only the bigger amount applies.)

A mini-blizzard swirls around the blue halfling, while the Kargakan grabs and stabs the yellow halfling, spraying blood all over the reception room.

The blue halfling brushes snow from his face and staggers through the front door, hoping to escape.

The maid concentrates and Banjae's shadow slashes once more.
Melee Spell Attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35 for Slashing: 2d10 ⇒ (7, 3) = 10

"You don't understand who you're dealing with!" the maid sneers as she gathers a chilling cloud of occult energy around herself. With a gesture, she blasts it at Banjae.
Basic Fortitude Save, DC 30
Banjae Fortitude: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31
Force Damage: 16d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 2, 5, 1, 5, 2, 3, 2, 2, 5, 6, 1, 4, 4) = 54

Red Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Bleed Flat Check DC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 4

~+~Combat Round 5~+~
Aarius (-3)
Banjae (-54)
Yellow (-83, bleed d12, slow 2)
Orvin (-74)
Kargakan (-70)
Blue (blizzard, slow 2)
Red (-97, 1d6 bleed)

Bold may act.

Battlefield conditions: Tentacles!

Combat Map


"We don't! And we don't care! We are here to find the Lord of Absalom! exclaims Kargakan.


Spell slots left: 1st (3), 2nd (2), 3rd (2), 4th (3), 5th (3), 6th (2)

Aarius cursed under his breath. One of them escaped but his allies need healing. He strides up to Yellow and Kargakan. He casts heal as a 3rd level 1 action spell to Kargakan.
heal: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 6, 3) = 13

The pain from Kargakan's wounds flow up to Aarius's hand created a dark aura of negative energy, bespelling his weapon. He grabs his maul with both hands and slams it down on Yellow.

Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34
Bludgeoning Damage: 2d12 + 5 ⇒ (7, 11) + 5 = 23 + Negative Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Total 29 damage.


"Here's the thing. I can see past your illusion, young lady." Banjae studies her target again 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (15) + 23 = 38 vs Fort Defense.

She slides her rapier towards the fake maid. 1d20 + 21 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 21 + 1 = 39 for 2d6 + 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 4 + (1, 3, 5) = 19 x2 plus 1d8 ⇒ 1 deadly = 39 and 1d12 bleed and target is flat-footed until the start of Banjae's next turn(crit) "In fact, it reaches right to the heart of your lie"

EDIT(whoops, forgot study was an action)

Banjae's tries to follow through with her gauntleted fist. 1d20 + 21 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 21 + 1 - 4 = 24 think that misses flat-footed.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

The maid coughs up blood. "Please...no more." The yellow swashbuckler drops his sword and puts a hand to his side, attempting to staunch the blood.

Bleed (yellow): 1d12 ⇒ 5
Persistent DC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 13

~+~Combat Round 5~+~
Aarius (-3)
Banjae (-54)
Yellow (-117, bleed d12, slow 2)
Orvin (-74)
Kargakan (-70)
Blue (blizzard, slow 2)
Red (-97, 1d6 bleed)

Bold may act. We can go out of initiative if you accept their surrender.

Battlefield conditions: Tentacles!

Combat Map


I accept.


HP 129 | AC: 29 | Fort (E): +20; Ref (E): +20; Will (E): +14 | Perception (E): +14 Focus: 1 (1) | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor (6th)

"I suppose we can accept your surrender. I'm sure the authorities will have questions about your attempted murder. Now talk: what are you doing here, and at whose bidding are you doing it?"


Spell slots left: 1st (3), 2nd (2), 3rd (2), 4th (3), 5th (3), 6th (2)

"You best be talking...or else" Aarius keeps the hammer in his arms, featuring it in a threatening manner.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

With a wave of her hands, the maid dismisses the tentacles, then presses a compress against her wounds.

Flat Check DC 10: 1d20 ⇒ 18

"Attempted murder? That's rich. We're not the ones who somehow broke into a secured residence. We're under strict orders to watch this place."

Secrets!:

B: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40
O: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

Banjae:
Based on what you saw of this woman's real clothes, and on your observation of her behavior, you can deduce that this woman is a member of the Lion Blades, Taldor's secret police force.


HP 129 | AC: 29 | Fort (E): +20; Ref (E): +20; Will (E): +14 | Perception (E): +14 Focus: 1 (1) | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor (6th)

"If she attempts to manipulate magic again, one of you break her fingers. Now answer the question: who are you working for?"


"We did not break into this place. We came by the same entryway as Lord Gyr. Now, as I patch up you and my companions, you can explain why the Lion Blades are watching Lord Gyr's Taldan Residence." Banjae says as she moves to patch up the "maid", Orvin, Karrigan, and herself.

Shooting for DC 30 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28 not liking that, gonna Hero Point it. 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39 better 2d8 + 30 ⇒ (6, 3) + 30 = 39 (44 for Banjae due to Godless Healing)

Banjae has continual recovery, so if we want to spend the time, she can keep treating.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hey all. I was hoping to get through 2 combats, but I don't think we'll have time. At least we got through a social encounter, a bit of investigation, and 1 combat. Sorry I wasn't able to post more--I got really sick last week and it was a real drag. Thanks for being willing to playtest.

51 to 100 of 100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [2E APG Playtest] The Disappearance of Lord Gyr All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.