New World Test Drive

Game Master EltonJ

Test driving a new world, things you do will affect the playtest on roll20 and vice versa.


51 to 100 of 114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

LG male Orc Brawler 5 | AC: 24 (T: 13, FF: 21) | HP: 31 / 49 | Perc +9 | F +6, R +7, W +2

Huh...I hadn't noticed I was doing that. Well, after some thought, I think I'll stick with Bedik.

"Ungh?" Bedik grunts as he looks back to Jonathan. He thinks for a moment and then shrugs with some effort, "My plan was to wait for the thieves to come to steal." He then notices Whisper off looking back at them and shrugs again. "Or that I guess." he says as he begins following the wolven.


M Undead Sorcerer (Wildblooded - Umbral) 5, HP 20/35

Looking at the others off following Whisper, Jonathan hurries to catch up, and then pipes up "Whisper, obviously you've found something, but as mentioned, I'm a city boy... I like to know what's going on, so talk to me..."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Vargos wrote:

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Perception check to look about as Vargos follows Whisper the tracker.

You hear chanting.

“Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble!”


M Undead Sorcerer (Wildblooded - Umbral) 5, HP 20/35
EltonJ wrote:
Vargos wrote:

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Perception check to look about as Vargos follows Whisper the tracker.

You hear chanting.

“Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble!”

Passive Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Did Jonathan hear anything?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Jonathan "Bonebutt" Tarquirian wrote:
Did Jonathan hear anything?

You hear the same.


M Undead Sorcerer (Wildblooded - Umbral) 5, HP 20/35

"Hey! I hear someone chanting!


Male Wolven Shaman

Whisper pauses and begins to move his hands and gesture. As he does Oi'Che shakes his head and speaks.

"He asks what sort of voice do you here." Oi'Che says hoping the Strange man is as astute as he sounds.


M Undead Sorcerer (Wildblooded - Umbral) 5, HP 20/35

"It's saying:
'Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble!'
"

You should probably make a perception check of your own, Whisper


LG male Orc Brawler 5 | AC: 24 (T: 13, FF: 21) | HP: 31 / 49 | Perc +9 | F +6, R +7, W +2

"Witchcraft!" Bedik whispers in exclamation followed by a spit. He then grabs his black shield from his back and crouches down.

shhhh...(stealth): 1d20 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 3 = 19


Male Wolven Shaman

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Whisper then nods and begins to crouch alongside his wolf hopefully being stealthy.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"Double, double, toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble!" you smell a waft of beef stew being stewed.

"Wait, something wicked this way comes!"

"We can't wait, we're turning the stew into a potion that will make us nymphs."

"I definitely hear something coming this way."


M Undead Sorcerer (Wildblooded - Umbral) 5, HP 20/35

Jonathan looks at Bedik and Whisper as they hide themselves, and decides this is no time to be standing around being primary target...

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

The shadows seem to welcome him, as he melts into their embrace.


Male Wolven Shaman

Whispers wolf follows suit and stealths seeing others.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


LG male Orc Brawler 5 | AC: 24 (T: 13, FF: 21) | HP: 31 / 49 | Perc +9 | F +6, R +7, W +2

Bedik sees his allies trying to sneak and he resolves himself. He stands upright, draws his shield, and walks confidently into the clearing with the voices.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Bedik, you see three women making beef stew in a cauldron. You also see a dead cow carcass hanging in a tree behind them.


LG male Orc Brawler 5 | AC: 24 (T: 13, FF: 21) | HP: 31 / 49 | Perc +9 | F +6, R +7, W +2

"Ladies," Bedik bows his head repectfully. "I am to find those who have stolen Joseph's cattle and bring them to justice." At this he stows his shield once more. "Do you happen to know where the thieves might be? Surely you fair folk couldn't have done such a criminal thing."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"We've paid for ours, no need to accuse us of the crime," says one of the women.

Sense Motive DC 16


M Undead Sorcerer (Wildblooded - Umbral) 5, HP 20/35

Listening from the shadows, Jonathan,

Untrained Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 +1 from wis

thinks this sounds quite believable, but he's still suspicious of their strange chanting, so he stays in the shadows.


LG male Orc Brawler 5 | AC: 24 (T: 13, FF: 21) | HP: 31 / 49 | Perc +9 | F +6, R +7, W +2

SM: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Bedik shakes his head earnestly, "No ma'am, I was not accusing you. In fact, I specifically said that I didn't believe that you were thieves. That is why I asked you if you knew where the this were."


Male Wolven Shaman

Whisper looks at them listening.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Bedik Grummun wrote:

[dice=SM]1d20+1

Bedik shakes his head earnestly, "No ma'am, I was not accusing you. In fact, I specifically said that I didn't believe that you were thieves. That is why I asked you if you knew where the this were."

"Sorry, we haven't a clue."


Male Wolven Shaman

Whisper steps close to Bedik and taps his shield.

he then slips his hand behind the shield so the orc blood can see it and gestures pointing at the witches and then giving a cut sign. Basically saying they are not truthful.


M Undead Sorcerer (Wildblooded - Umbral) 5, HP 20/35

before we get all enthusiastic here, how about we get a return from Elton about your sense motive roll - he might say it tells you they are telling the truth...


LG male Orc Brawler 5 | AC: 24 (T: 13, FF: 21) | HP: 31 / 49 | Perc +9 | F +6, R +7, W +2

Bedik shrugs at Whisper, "Sorry Wolven, I don't understand your language. These ladies are clearly having a get together and making beef stew for their husbands. An honorable thing." Bedik turns back to the ladies and speaks earnestly, "I'm sorry for bothering you ladies. If you or your husbands remember or see anything I'd appreciate it if you would find me and let me know."

He then looks shocked and ashamed, "I am so terribly sorry! I have not introduced myself! I am knight Bedik at your service." At that he gives a formal bow, folding his hand in front of his waist and dipping low.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"Probably one of those goody-goodies," says one woman.

Another quips, "The beef stew turns us into nymphs."

The last one says, "We are bereft of husbands."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Jonathan "Bonebutt" Tarquirian wrote:
before we get all enthusiastic here, how about we get a return from Elton about your sense motive roll - he might say it tells you they are telling the truth...

I sent him a response via pm about his sense motive roll.


M Undead Sorcerer (Wildblooded - Umbral) 5, HP 20/35

Telling the truth they may be, Jonathan thinks to himself, but this is getting royally creepy... I'll just stay here in my friendly shadows...

He will also take a spellcraft check to identify magic, say something like a charm effect:
Spellcraft : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Jonathan "Bonebutt" Tarquirian wrote:

He will also take a spellcraft check to identify magic, say something like a charm effect:

Spellcraft : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

You detect a transmutation effect growing in the beef stew. Like its about ready to turn the three women into nymphs.


Male Wolven Shaman

WHisper Places his solid white hand in his face and shakes it as Oi'Che looks to the Orc then back to his master. He Then begins to talk with him a bit.

"Whisper says that they are not being honest, Which now due to your lack of Wolven and Common speak interaction have forced me to interpret and now also these women know that I and now you know aswell" Oi'che says as Whisper seems ready for anything.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

One of the women casts a hex on Whisper. "Caladil!" says one of the covey, and the hex is a muscle stiffening hex. Whisper needs to make a will save.


Male Wolven Shaman

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


M Undead Sorcerer (Wildblooded - Umbral) 5, HP 20/35

I'm thinking we've hit initiative

Inititiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


LG male Orc Brawler 5 | AC: 24 (T: 13, FF: 21) | HP: 31 / 49 | Perc +9 | F +6, R +7, W +2

Hexes are Su abilities and therefore debatably able to be spotted.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

roll initiative everyone.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Whisper the Wolven wrote:

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

You aren't affected by the Hex.

Covey initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


LG male Orc Brawler 5 | AC: 24 (T: 13, FF: 21) | HP: 31 / 49 | Perc +9 | F +6, R +7, W +2

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Wolven Shaman

Whispers Initative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Alright, initiative is "when ever you can post" in Play-by-Post. Theoretically, it's the witches' turn. So they attack Bedik with a rolling ball of acid. As far as I know, it takes an attack roll to hit, so be it.

Witches' rolling ball of acid attacking Bedik: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


LG male Orc Brawler 5 | AC: 24 (T: 13, FF: 21) | HP: 31 / 49 | Perc +9 | F +6, R +7, W +2

Bedeck looks wholly surprised when a ball of acid splashes him and sizzles. He winces at the pain and then looks to the 'ladies', his gaze serious. "On behalf of the safety of the townsfolk, your witchcraft has sentenced you to death." With that, he charges the most vocal one, drawing his shield and slamming in into her.

Shield: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19
Bash: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


M Undead Sorcerer (Wildblooded - Umbral) 5, HP 20/35

Jonathan mutters some mystic words, and a blast of light engulfs the witches as Bedik charges them. Then he backs off, away from the witches.

Casts Burst of Radiance, hitting as many of the witches as possible w/o hitting Bedik. Radius is 10', DC 16, reflex save for blindness, subjects dazzled if save succeeds. If evil, subjects takes damage: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 2, 1) = 11 w/o a save
He then takes a 30' move back away from the witches, trying to put Vargos and Bedik between him and the witches...


Male Undead Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 5

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Undead Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 5

Vargos had a difficult time following the conversations of the three suspect looking ladies, along with his own companions. Whisper then facepalmed himself and shook his head before all the hells broke loose, and everything seemed to happen at once. He had no idea if these were in fact the thieves, but their ill intent was obvious enough.

How far away are the witches from Vargos?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Let me post a map.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Here is a Map of the fight.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Jonathan "Bonebutt" Tarquirian wrote:

Jonathan mutters some mystic words, and a blast of light engulfs the witches as Bedik charges them. Then he backs off, away from the witches.

Casts Burst of Radiance, hitting as many of the witches as possible w/o hitting Bedik. Radius is 10', DC 16, reflex save for blindness, subjects dazzled if save succeeds. If evil, subjects takes damage: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 2, 1) = 11
He then takes a 30' move back away from the witches, trying to put Vargos and Bedik between him and the witches...

Witches' will saves:

witch one: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
witch two: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
witch three: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

All take 11 damage.


Male Wolven Shaman

Whisper Holds up his shield and barks out an order. Then strikes.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Whispers pet Wolf moves around the one in front of Whisper and attacks from the back to trip.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Trip: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


M Undead Sorcerer (Wildblooded - Umbral) 5, HP 20/35

Don't forget the +2 for flanking for the wolf...


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

The trip didn't work, as you can guess. But the bite and the attack worked. You managed to get them to stop chanting.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

One of the witches casts magic missile at the wolf. Empowered, of course. So it does extra damage: witch's magic missile: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


M Undead Sorcerer (Wildblooded - Umbral) 5, HP 20/35

What is the 3ed witch doing. First did rolling balls of acid, second did magic missile. What does #3 do?

51 to 100 of 114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / New World Table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.