GM Itzi's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Itzi

Map of the Siren
The Known Crew
Current Map
map of The Shackles


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,562 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Female CG Human (Mwangi) Brawler (Battle Dancer) 5 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +9 (+12 trip), CMD: 22 (25 trip) | F: +7, R: +9, W: +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +0  | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing Dodge 2/2, Sparring Partners 1/1, Martial Flexibility 6/6 | Active Conditions: None| Appearance

Marisan winces as she takes a cut to her thigh. The giant brawler rolls and dances, kicking at one of her foes.

Rolling Flurry, Bless, Perform, PA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 6) + 11 = 222d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 6) + 11 = 21

Use dancing dodge against first person to attack me.


Human*, Slayer 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (t15/ff14) | CMD 22 | F +5, R +9, W +4 | perception (darkvision 60’) +11, sense motive +12 | +5 initiative | active effects: —

Val stows her bow (one move action) then darts forward and leaps across to the Tradewind, drawing her shortswords as she gracefully flips through the air and lands behind Marisan* (second move action).

acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

"Wow, Sufjaa," she remarks, "you'll have to be rewarded tonight for fighting so well!"

"behind Marisan" from the archers' perspective, so that I'll have cover if they try to shoot at me again this round


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP: 17/27 | AC: 13(17/19), T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +2| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4: Will: +4 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) lighting 7/7 | Portrait

"Sending limp useless turds after the shining jewels of the Siren, you are either stupid or... No just stupid." Polli yells at the other commander frozen due to the amazing magics of a lovely cleric. She also flings a bolt of burning fire at an archer.

burning arc
damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1, 5) = 16 that will jump to the next archer for damge: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

At the same time, she sends her mini thunderstorm at the remaining archer. 2 rounds remaining
damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 2) = 8 move action


Female Human Bard 5 |HP: 28/28 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: 3, CMD: 15 | F:+1, R:+6, W:+5 | Init: +2 | DD +11, Dip +14, Knw A +13, Perc +9, Perf C/O [+Blf/Itm]: +13, Spcft +10, UMD +12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 6/6, 2: 3/3 | Performance 16/16 | Active conditions: |

Harmony stays at the wheel, keeping the ships close enough to board is a challenge in itself and the Sirens are rapidly ending the enemy crew.

Keep up IC, otherwise no action.


Female Human Swashbuckler 5 | HP: 40 | AC: 20, T:16, FF:14 | CMD: 20 | CMB: +4| Fort: +2 | Ref: +9: Will: 0*/+4 | Init: +9 | Perception: +7 | Panache: 4

Tessa continues her stabbity, pressing the attack and leading the charge in front of her crew!

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 = 32
Rapier Damage + Precision: 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 17
Demoralize: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Confirm Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 = 30

Parry/Riposte:

Parry #1: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 = 24
Riposte #1: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20
Rapier Damage + Precision: 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 13
Parry #2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Riposte #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Rapier Damage + Precision: 1d6 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 = 15

Parry #3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Riposte #3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Rapier Damage + Precision: 1d6 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 = 14

Parry #4: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Riposte #4: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Rapier Damage + Precision: 1d6 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 4 = 12


The Siren | Known Crew | Current Map

GM Die Rolls:

Reflex vs DC 16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Reflex vs DC 16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Reflex vs DC 16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Cutless Attack vs Marisan AC 17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Cutless Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Bow Attack vs Polli AC 19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Bow Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Scimitar Attack vs Tessa AC 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Scimitar Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Scimitar Attack vs Tessa AC 20: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Scimitar Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Scimitar Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Scimitar Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Scimitar Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Scimitar Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Harmony continues shouting her inspiring commentary from the wheel as Polli sends an arc of flame at the archers. The first is fried where he stands, the second manages to avoid some of the damage. She also manages to avoid the small bolts of lightning from Polli's mini thunderstorm.

Round 2

Inspire Courage: All party members have a +1 on saves vs fear and charm effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and damage rolls.

Valeria hops across to the other ship landing behind Marisan and Tessa lunges to press her blade all the way through the chest of the last sailor threatening her. Donomsail summons two eldritch chains to attack the tattooed woman, but she manages to dodge both. Marisan's huge form spins in a deadly dance and when she regains a resting pose, two more of the sailors lie on the deck, unmoving.

The lone sailor attacking Marisan slashes at her with her cutlass, drawing a line of blood along Marisan's thigh. The remaining archer redirects her arrow at Polli, but the winds buffeting around the sylph throw it off course just enough to miss her.

The woman with the scimitar, whom you now presume to be the captain of the Truewind steps up and slashes at Tessa with her blade and the swashbuckler fails to parry both of them. The strikes are vicious and only because of her natural agility does she avoid them being a lot worse.

Marisan takes 5 points of slashing damage. Tessa takes 13 points of slashing damage. Could have been a lot worse, but she failed to confirm both crits. :(

One sailor attacking Marisan. One archer still firing arrows. One captain attacking Tessa.

Harmony and Polli are up and then everyone else for round 3.


Human*, Slayer 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (t15/ff14) | CMD 22 | F +5, R +9, W +4 | perception (darkvision 60’) +11, sense motive +12 | +5 initiative | active effects: —

Finally having located the captain, after taking out two lesser officers, Val darts out from behind Marisan and circles around to the flank the unfortunately lucky woman.

the gods may have saved her from the ballista, but she'll at least taste my blade...

Once in position, she stabs at her with one of her shortswords...

shortsword flanking (st+ic): 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 21
for: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 + (1) = 10


Female CG Human (Mwangi) Brawler (Battle Dancer) 5 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +9 (+12 trip), CMD: 22 (25 trip) | F: +7, R: +9, W: +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +0  | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing Dodge 2/2, Sparring Partners 1/1, Martial Flexibility 6/6 | Active Conditions: None| Appearance

The deck shudders as half a ton of Mwangi woman rolls away from her attacker. Seeing Tessa in trouble, she dances over to try to knock out the enemy captain! But she misjudges her enhanced height, her kick going over the woman’s head.

Knockout: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP: 17/27 | AC: 13(17/19), T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +2| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4: Will: +4 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) lighting 7/7 | Portrait

Polli arches an eyebrow at the arrow, letting the storm stay on the Archer, but otherwise ignoring them now.

damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) = 6

But she'll send another fire blast at the captain.

damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 2) = 13
damage to another sailor if one is closr: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7


Female
spells:
Orisons Guidance Resistance Stabilize 1st Obscuring Mist (Domain) Weapons Against Evil Positive Pulse Bless 2nd Fog Cloud [D] Consecrate, Touch of Mercy
Tiefling Cleric/4 S -2 D -1 C +3 I +0 W +4 Ch +2 HP 44/44 AC 10 Fort +6 Ref -0 Will +7 BAB 2 Percept +2 Init -1 Darkvision 60'

Round 3
Donomsail looks at the injured Tessa and Marisan, "At least it is not me Precious Polli." She says as she hears Polli's scathing retorts shouted from behind her. Moving close to Tessa she will, if possible, keep her body between herself and the crew member attacking Tessa and slide a hand down her back as she casts a spell. "Just tryin' ta heal ya!" Just before touching Tessa she states her intentions loudly, hoping to avoid being stuck accidentally. "Gozreh genees ma kaptein. Ons kan haar verloor, sy is te waardevol."
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Translation from Infernal:
"Gozreh heal ma Captain. We canna lose her, she's to valuable."


Female Human Swashbuckler 5 | HP: 40 | AC: 20, T:16, FF:14 | CMD: 20 | CMB: +4| Fort: +2 | Ref: +9: Will: 0*/+4 | Init: +9 | Perception: +7 | Panache: 4

Having survived the first assault, Tessa tries to press the attack but her injuries slow her down more than she would like.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 20
Rapier Damage + Precision: 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 17
Demoralize: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Parry/Riposte:

Parry #1: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 15
Riposte #1: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 22
Rapier Damage + Precision: 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 16
Parry #2: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 + 2 = 25
Riposte #2: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 22
Rapier Damage + Precision: 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 18

Parry #3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Riposte #3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Rapier Damage + Precision: 1d6 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 = 13

Parry #4: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Riposte #4: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Rapier Damage + Precision: 1d6 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 = 15


Female Human Bard 5 |HP: 28/28 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: 3, CMD: 15 | F:+1, R:+6, W:+5 | Init: +2 | DD +11, Dip +14, Knw A +13, Perc +9, Perf C/O [+Blf/Itm]: +13, Spcft +10, UMD +12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 6/6, 2: 3/3 | Performance 16/16 | Active conditions: |

Harmony lets out a piercing whistle before continuing to cheer on her crew.

EPS on Captain: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 DC15 fort to halve and avoid being stunned.


The Siren | Known Crew | Current Map

GM Die Rolls:

Fortitude vs DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Reflex vs DC 16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Reflex vs DC 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Harmony lets out a soundless piercing whistle and the captain of the Truewind drops her scimitar and claps both hands to her ears. Polli takes advantage of the woman's condition by sending an arc of fire towards her. The woman still manages to dodge some of the damage. The archer isn't so lucky as the arcs from the storm strike at them.

Round 3

Valeria dodges around to stab the weaponless captain and Tessa follows moving around to the other side of the woman, her blade sliding easily into the woman's flesh and she falls to the deck.

Donomsail moves to heal her captain and Marisan swings a wide kick where the enemy captain was standing.

There's a scream from one of the enemy crew and a slender elven woman drops her blade and rushes to the fallen captain's side.

"No! W-we yield! Please! We yield!" she cries, pulling the bleeding woman into her arms. "Take what you wish, but please let us heal her!"

There's a slight pause in the mayhem around you as your own crew and the Truewind's crew turn their eyes to you.

Everyone is up!


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP: 17/27 | AC: 13(17/19), T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +2| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4: Will: +4 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) lighting 7/7 | Portrait

Polli stops her elemental rain of death, letting her mini storm peter out. The sylph waits with a firm expression but a deep hope in her heart that their captains make the right call here.


Human*, Slayer 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (t15/ff14) | CMD 22 | F +5, R +9, W +4 | perception (darkvision 60’) +11, sense motive +12 | +5 initiative | active effects: —

Val steps to her side so that the elven woman is between her and Marisan, but lowers her shortswords as she looks to Tessa for leadership.


Female
spells:
Orisons Guidance Resistance Stabilize 1st Obscuring Mist (Domain) Weapons Against Evil Positive Pulse Bless 2nd Fog Cloud [D] Consecrate, Touch of Mercy
Tiefling Cleric/4 S -2 D -1 C +3 I +0 W +4 Ch +2 HP 44/44 AC 10 Fort +6 Ref -0 Will +7 BAB 2 Percept +2 Init -1 Darkvision 60'

Donomsail stands looking at her Captain, ready to send a blast of
healing energy to all who need it as soon as Tessa okays it.


Female CG Human (Mwangi) Brawler (Battle Dancer) 5 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +9 (+12 trip), CMD: 22 (25 trip) | F: +7, R: +9, W: +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +0  | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing Dodge 2/2, Sparring Partners 1/1, Martial Flexibility 6/6 | Active Conditions: None| Appearance

Marisan continues to rock back and forth in her battle dance but refrains from attacking.


Female Human Bard 5 |HP: 28/28 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: 3, CMD: 15 | F:+1, R:+6, W:+5 | Init: +2 | DD +11, Dip +14, Knw A +13, Perc +9, Perf C/O [+Blf/Itm]: +13, Spcft +10, UMD +12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 6/6, 2: 3/3 | Performance 16/16 | Active conditions: |

On board the Siren Harmony nods in satisfaction and raises one hand to halt the crew still on board. She leaves the final decision to Tessa however, in accordance with their agreement.


Female Human Swashbuckler 5 | HP: 40 | AC: 20, T:16, FF:14 | CMD: 20 | CMB: +4| Fort: +2 | Ref: +9: Will: 0*/+4 | Init: +9 | Perception: +7 | Panache: 4

”Very good. Wise decision. You may see to your wounded.”

Thrusting Wayfinder into the air, she cheers loudly, grinning ear to ear.

Captain Steele then calls a halt to the assault, raising her voice and shouting loudly for her crew to stand down. She instructs her crew to keep an eye on them to ensure no one wants to be a hero or anything.

Wayfinder in hand, she asks ”What cargo are you carrying onboard? Let’s be honest here, hmmm?”


Human*, Slayer 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (t15/ff14) | CMD 22 | F +5, R +9, W +4 | perception (darkvision 60’) +11, sense motive +12 | +5 initiative | active effects: —

Val reaches down and picks up the rival captain’s scimitar. Walking over to Tessa, she offers her the blade saying, ”I think that means this is yours now, Cap’n.”

Then she moves over to Donomsail and quietly remarks, ”If we’re taking time to heal, I could use a little myself, please.”


The Siren | Known Crew | Current Map

With Tessa's announcement, there is a cheer from the crew of the Siren. The crew of the Truewind drop their weapons and step back away from their foes, raising their hands in surrender.

While your crew looks on, the sailors of the Truewind are press-ganged into transferring the cargo of their ship into the hold of the Siren. All in all, a total of six tons of manufactured goods (furniture, tools, clothes, etc ...) make the transition.

2 points worth of plunder taking up 6 tons of the Siren's 150 ton capacity.

The enemy captain's scimitar is a +1 scimitar.

Once the cargo is transferred, there is a strong tension in the air as the crew and officers of the Truewind wait with nervous anticipation as the thought that you might be interested in taking more is most likely running through their minds.

"You've taken our cargo. We have nothing else to offer you," the tattooed woman declares. One of the crewmembers, a halfling that you assume is the ship's physician, had administered a minor potion to the woman right after the battle. With the injuries that you inflicted, even with the healing, it's surprising that she's even on her feet. She stands firm, however.

"Take your prize and go," the woman finishes, crossing her arms. She and her remaining officers stand between you and the rest of the other ship's crew. The halfling doctor, a fat man with a scarred belly that you assume is the quartermaster by the way that he managed the cargo transfer, and the tall elf from before who you now know is the ship's boatswain. The elf watches her captain with concern.

From previous discussions with Ambrose and Sandara, you all would be aware that it's very common to take captured crew and sell them into slavery. Almost as common would be holding officers and other possibly wealthy passengers for ransom. In fact, in some of the larger port cities in the Shackles, there are brokerage houses that handle the details of such arrangements exclusively - for a small percentage of the ransom, of course.

It's also reasonably common to recruit new crew from the defeated crew of the captured ship.


Female
spells:
Orisons Guidance Resistance Stabilize 1st Obscuring Mist (Domain) Weapons Against Evil Positive Pulse Bless 2nd Fog Cloud [D] Consecrate, Touch of Mercy
Tiefling Cleric/4 S -2 D -1 C +3 I +0 W +4 Ch +2 HP 44/44 AC 10 Fort +6 Ref -0 Will +7 BAB 2 Percept +2 Init -1 Darkvision 60'

Oops thought this got posted earlier.
Donomsail turns to Valeria, her mouth opened in a wide grin that shows her sharpened teeth. "Ya gots it!" Her voice is filled with glee as she responds to the request. She turns to Tessa, "With yer permission Cap'n." With that Donomsail raises her hands, holy symbol in hand. "Gozreh, hoor my pleidooi! Genees hulle, diegene wat aan albei kante eerbaar geveg het."
Channel Positive Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Translation from Infernal:
"Gozreh, hear ma plea! Heal 'em, those who fought honorably on both sides."


Female Human Swashbuckler 5 | HP: 40 | AC: 20, T:16, FF:14 | CMD: 20 | CMB: +4| Fort: +2 | Ref: +9: Will: 0*/+4 | Init: +9 | Perception: +7 | Panache: 4

Tessa nods, allowing Donomsail to heal wounds of all those that were injured in the battle. Once that is complete, she addresses the tattooed woman directly. "You fought bravely and your stand proudly in front of your crew, they should be quite proud of you and their fellow crew. And yet ..." she turns to look past the captain, her gaze sweeping over her crew.

Looking back to their leader, she continues "You are all aware of the customs and traditions on the sea. As victors this day we have our right to take slaves or prisoners for ransom, I assume this is what you are trying to address, hmmm? Well then," she lets her words hang as if she is giving serious thought.

"That's not going to happen today. We will not be forcing anyone into servitude upon our ship or holding you for a large payday, you may take a deep breath and relax. Wish we you no further harm and will be on our way now."

She turns to go but holds up a finger to signal one more thing. Slowly turning back, she adds "I thought I might add however, that if any crew of the Truewind would wish to transfer free of will over to my crew, we would gladly accept new recruits. You see that we fight together as one, are a crew that is true to their word and maintain a skilled crew aboard our ship. We will not enslave you and you will be treated as fair as any other crew member. I personally guarantee you that you will experience a life like no other on this ship, no day will be dull!"

"I will give you to the count of ten to step forward if you wish to leave with us on your own free will, else we will be on our way."

"One." she counts, looking among their crew.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP: 17/27 | AC: 13(17/19), T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +2| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4: Will: +4 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) lighting 7/7 | Portrait

Polli actually smiles, proud to call Tessa her captain at that moment, not that she'd ever tell the berry that, nope never, ever.


Female Human Bard 5 |HP: 28/28 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: 3, CMD: 15 | F:+1, R:+6, W:+5 | Init: +2 | DD +11, Dip +14, Knw A +13, Perc +9, Perf C/O [+Blf/Itm]: +13, Spcft +10, UMD +12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 6/6, 2: 3/3 | Performance 16/16 | Active conditions: |

Harmony nods her approval. She doesn't speak, to do so would undermine Tessa's authority. But she does fish a gold coin from her pocket and begin to obviously roll it between her knuckles, flicking it into the air ostentatiously every so often.

Auto-aid Tessa up to 25.


The Siren | Known Crew | Current Map

Before Tessa even gets to three, two women step forward to sharp intakes of breath from the rest of the Truewind's crew. They appear to have traces of elvish blood in their veins and as you look closer, you can see that if they're not twins then they're at least sisters.

"We'd like to join," one of them speaks up.

Their crew members don't seem happy about it and they're the only ones to step forward.

By the time Tessa finishes counting, the other captain is shooting daggers at the half-elves backs. "Better hope you don't find yourselves on the wrong end of my blade someday," she mutters.

One of the half-elves turns and giggles at the woman - actually giggles. "We're not put on this world to answer to the likes o' you," she says. "We're gonna live our lives to the fullest and this ship ain't that." She thumbs her nose at her former captain before turning and stepping up to Tessa.

"Swab Fina ..."

"And Mina ..." the other interjects.

"Reportin' for duty, Cap'n" she says with a grin.

~~~~~

What are your plans now, Captains and crew? More prey? Tidewater Rock? Another port?


Female
spells:
Orisons Guidance Resistance Stabilize 1st Obscuring Mist (Domain) Weapons Against Evil Positive Pulse Bless 2nd Fog Cloud [D] Consecrate, Touch of Mercy
Tiefling Cleric/4 S -2 D -1 C +3 I +0 W +4 Ch +2 HP 44/44 AC 10 Fort +6 Ref -0 Will +7 BAB 2 Percept +2 Init -1 Darkvision 60'

"They willna find theyselves there." Donomsail says to the defeated Captain. "They be part of our crew now 'n' you've already seen how well we work tagether, do ya really think we'd let ya have a go at our newest crewmembers? If so then ye're dumber than a drie-luie luiaard. But if'n you ever be in need of another lesson come find us."
With that she runs excitedly over to Polli, stopping briefly to help the new crewmembers onto their ship, and crushes her paramour in a passionate embrace.
"Did ya see what we did!?"
Donomsail asks excitedly as she crushes her lips against Polli's. She finally relents but only because she is not well practiced at breathing through her nose and needs to get a breath or risk passing out.

Translation from Infernal:

"Three-toed Sloth"


Human*, Slayer 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (t15/ff14) | CMD 22 | F +5, R +9, W +4 | perception (darkvision 60’) +11, sense motive +12 | +5 initiative | active effects: —

Val smiles warmly and tugs her hat in salute to the two new crew members. As they introduce themselves she studies their faces and bodies, taking special note of the subtle differences that will allow her to tell them apart. As they move towards the Siren she observes their body language as well, with the same goal.

Leaning over to Tessa before they leave the Tradewind, she whispers, "Beggin' your pardon, Cap'n, but it might not be the worst idea to have Polli or someone check for magic, before we go... could be some of the officers items that could be useful for us, worth some gold when we hit port?"


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP: 17/27 | AC: 13(17/19), T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +2| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4: Will: +4 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) lighting 7/7 | Portrait

Polli is watching the other crew from her perch on the bow, hoping no one is an idiot and decides to try anything before they leave. The sylph wizard doesn't love their chosen profession of piracy but knows their prospects on a stolen ship are very limited.

But at least the death toll was limited.

Her mind is starting to go over the process of binding wounds and checking on that hole in their own ship when Donomsail blindsides her unexpectedly but rather pleasantly. "Yes, I-" but her response turned into squeak of surprise as the body plastering hug turned in a deep long rather invigorating kiss that left the poor Polli flustered in a liquid warmth from her toes to her nose. "Wh...what... were we talking..." but Polli's attempt at words was lost in the dark but happy pools of the cleric's eyes.
She leans in for another instead of bothering further.

Once air was taken in again, Polli pulls back and points out breathlessly and rather regretfully, "We have wounds to attend to and a gaping hole in our port side, Miss Donomsail. We don't want our captains yelling at us for dillydallying and ignoring our duties." she straightens her glasses, brushing her oddly rumbled and out of place robes. Rituals to try to revert to her professional detached version of Polli Bogg. A process spoiled a bit by the rosey color in her cheeks and slight glassiness in her bright blue eyes.

She squeezes her hand and then gets about what needs to be doing.


Female
spells:
Orisons Guidance Resistance Stabilize 1st Obscuring Mist (Domain) Weapons Against Evil Positive Pulse Bless 2nd Fog Cloud [D] Consecrate, Touch of Mercy
Tiefling Cleric/4 S -2 D -1 C +3 I +0 W +4 Ch +2 HP 44/44 AC 10 Fort +6 Ref -0 Will +7 BAB 2 Percept +2 Init -1 Darkvision 60'

Donomsail takes the rebuke from Polli as she flashes back to the loss of crew from the other night. She watches as Polli goes about the business of making sure that the ship is either still in good condition or quickly will be again. Polli decides that it would be best if she too is doing official ship business. She decides that it would be good to let Ambrose know that there will be two more joining them for dinner. Donomsail's attempt to look and act professional is marred by the skipping steps she takes as she moves towards the kitchen, still smiling from the excitement of the combat.


Human*, Slayer 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (t15/ff14) | CMD 22 | F +5, R +9, W +4 | perception (darkvision 60’) +11, sense motive +12 | +5 initiative | active effects: —

Sorry- I missed a ‘have’ in my last post... “could be some of the officers have items that could be useful” is what that should have said. Regarding plans- I plan to reward Marisan for her valor tonight, and ask Polli if she’s done with Jack. Tomorrow, while Marisan’s with Tessa, I plan to assess how Jack’s carving is coming along and (assuming Polli gives the all clear) exactly how good at following orders he is. In terms of the bigger questions about raiding/selling/ports/etc, I plan to follow orders and let the captains decide that stuff.


Female Human Swashbuckler 5 | HP: 40 | AC: 20, T:16, FF:14 | CMD: 20 | CMB: +4| Fort: +2 | Ref: +9: Will: 0*/+4 | Init: +9 | Perception: +7 | Panache: 4

Val - I had assumed in our looting of the ship that our magic users swept their ship with detect magic for any hidden loot. If that is too big of an assumption, then we can certainly make provisions to do so before we leave. I'll let the boss decide on that one.

Tessa steps up and offers a warm smile to her two new swabs. "Welcome aboard, ladies. You've made the right decision. Now then, please head over to that beautiful lady over there to get your assignments and help you get acquainted." she says, pointing to Harmony.

Once the two swabs have moved on, she turns her attention back to the other captain. "Now then, we will be on our way as agreed. G'day to you." she says, skipping back to her ship where she calls for a mug of rum from Ambrose. "And I want the real stuff we just picked up!"

As if on cue, Tessa calls out to Polli "POLLI! How's my ship? Are we patched and ready to set sail?"

To Val, she turns and smiles "Already ahead of you there, I'm afraid. Had Polli do a sweep of the ship and she only came up with that fancy curved blade that we liberated. Good thinking though, like where your head is at." she says with a wink before heading off to find out how the hole in her boat is being handled.

With that done, she heads to Harmony "Well,what did you think? Pretty amazing first showing, no? Shall we hit Tidewater?"


The Siren | Known Crew | Current Map

The captain's sword was the only magical item of note other than a couple of the potions that the halfling doctor had and used on her.


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP: 17/27 | AC: 13(17/19), T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +2| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4: Will: +4 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) lighting 7/7 | Portrait

"I am right here" Polli points out to the yelling captain. She had gone down to look at the damage and had just gotten back to report. "There are two holes in the deck. There and there. If you hadn't noticed, but neither penetrated the hull. With the help of Donomsail's magics we'll be able to handle repairs on the move." pulling off her glasses and cleaning them while she takes, she'll push them back on to look at Tessa "If there is nothing else, I'll get back to it."


Female Human Swashbuckler 5 | HP: 40 | AC: 20, T:16, FF:14 | CMD: 20 | CMB: +4| Fort: +2 | Ref: +9: Will: 0*/+4 | Init: +9 | Perception: +7 | Panache: 4

"Excellent work. Make her whole again, please." Tessa says nodding and dismissing Polli so she can discuss plans with Harmony.


Female
spells:
Orisons Guidance Resistance Stabilize 1st Obscuring Mist (Domain) Weapons Against Evil Positive Pulse Bless 2nd Fog Cloud [D] Consecrate, Touch of Mercy
Tiefling Cleric/4 S -2 D -1 C +3 I +0 W +4 Ch +2 HP 44/44 AC 10 Fort +6 Ref -0 Will +7 BAB 2 Percept +2 Init -1 Darkvision 60'

After informing Ambrose about the extra mouths to feed Donomsail will return to Polli's side and help with the repairs to the boat.


Human*, Slayer 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (t15/ff14) | CMD 22 | F +5, R +9, W +4 | perception (darkvision 60’) +11, sense motive +12 | +5 initiative | active effects: —

After Tessa walks away, Val approaches Polli, being careful to stay out of her way while she works. "That was some pretty impressive magic today," she remarks, "If cap'n Braun had known you could do that he might've let you talk him down like you did." She chuckles at the thought and then stands there awkwardly for a moment.

"So, anyways... I wanted to ask you something. Marisan sort of filled me in on everyone's... sleeping arrangements... but I've learned that she's not always right about how things really are... so, I was thinking about rewarding Jack Skrimshaw for doing such a fine job following my orders, but I wanted to make sure that you're alright with that first? I know you're with Donomsail now, but I'm still learning who shares and who doesn't..."

edit: most awkward ninja ever, lol


Female Human Bard 5 |HP: 28/28 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: 3, CMD: 15 | F:+1, R:+6, W:+5 | Init: +2 | DD +11, Dip +14, Knw A +13, Perc +9, Perf C/O [+Blf/Itm]: +13, Spcft +10, UMD +12 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 6/6, 2: 3/3 | Performance 16/16 | Active conditions: |
Tessa Steele wrote:
With that done, she heads to Harmony "Well,what did you think? Pretty amazing first showing, no? Shall we hit Tidewater?"

"A fine showing." Harmony agrees with a smile. "The Siren is shaping well. I need to give these to Val though." She taps her bracers. "It makes more sense for me to take the wheel when we're boarding. She's a better shot than me."

She smiles, squeezes Tessa's hand and moves to the new crew members. "Ladies. A pleasure. Now, what skills do you both have? I want to make sure all our crew are doing their best tasks."


The Siren | Known Crew | Current Map

"We're versatile, Captain Ma'am," one of the half-elves speaks up - Fina if Harmony remembers correctly - with a quirky smile. "We can swab and we can climb." She turns to her companion and they share a giggle. Mina looks back at Harmony. "We can do whatever needs to be done, Captain Ma'am."


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP: 17/27 | AC: 13(17/19), T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +2| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4: Will: +4 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) lighting 7/7 | Portrait

Polli is having a couple of men gather up supplies while she starts measuring. Her father might have been a bit simple but he was always keen on measuring a good five times before cutting anything, though it might have been since keeping the numbers straight was just beyond him.

She listens to their archer as she does so, not perturbed at doing two things at once, only stopping to eye her as she brings up Jack and Donomsail.

"Sharing implies ownership, which none of us have any right to impose on another, I'd think." she says easily enough and adds " Jack is a friend." hoping she doesn't have to spell out the word Just or not bed buddies anymore.


Human*, Slayer 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (t15/ff14) | CMD 22 | F +5, R +9, W +4 | perception (darkvision 60’) +11, sense motive +12 | +5 initiative | active effects: —

”Not necessarily... we share the seas, and the winds, with other ships, but none of us would claim to own them?” Val reflects. ”That’s not the point though... I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t... fishing in your waters.”

Reading Polli’s body language, and the implication of the way she says friend, Val smiles and nods. ”Anyways, thanks. I’ll let you get back to work.”


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP: 17/27 | AC: 13(17/19), T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +2| Fort: +2 | Ref: +4: Will: +4 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) lighting 7/7 | Portrait

"Thank you, Valeria." Polli responds "Holes in a ship are never good. " turning back to the mentioned work.


The Siren | Known Crew | Current Map

As the evening descends, Tessa pilots the Siren to the northeast and away from the recovering Truewind. Darkness falls on the ship, but the crew's spirits couldn't be any higher with no crew losses on the Siren's first piratical endeavor.

14th of Desnus - Day 37

The morning dawns fair as the ship sets her course for Tidewater Rock.

Knowledge (local) or (history) DC 20:

When a Free Captain named Magna Stormeyes discovered the natural harbor on Windward Isle over 2 centuries ago, she immediately recognized that it would make the perfect haven from which to launch a pirate fleet. Starting with just one ship and a small encampment on Windward’s harbor, she began to ply the trade of piracy. With the plunder from her initial hauls, she set about building a keep, which she called Tidewater Rock. From the vantage point atop the Rock, she found she could pick out particularly ripe targets while receiving ample of warning of hostile ships approaching.

Over time, Stormeyes’ successes enabled her to build a sizeable fleet, as well as more strongholds on several different islands. She became the scourge of the southern sea lanes and eventually claimed the Hurricane Crown as her own. Shortly after becoming the Hurricane King and relocating to Port Peril, she was assassinated by rival Free Captains. Stormeyes’ burgeoning fleet fell apart among its squabbling captains. Gerta Frome, first mate of Stormeyes’ flagship, the Cocksure, seized control of the Rock. Within only a few years, Frome became a powerful Free Captain herself, and the legend of Tidewater Rock as both a powerful good luck talisman and an impregnable bastion was born.

Over the many years since, control of Tidewater Rock has passed from hand to hand, and its strategic location and practical defensibility have enabled its owners to enrich themselves substantially. With the rebellion of Sargava and its ostensible alliance with the Free Captains, Tidewater Rock became of less strategic importance, and its owners came to be of less prominence, but the age-old axiom of “Good fortune and sure sail await what one can crack the Tidewater Rock” has stood the test of time among the pirates of the Shackles and is oft-quoted — if seldom heeded — even today.

The most recent lord of Tidewater Rock was Bertram Smythee, captain of the Vale and three other brigs. Like his predecessors, he held Tidewater Rock as his seat, but controlled a few other small castles on surrounding islands as well. Over a decade ago, “Iron Bert” Smythee went to sea with his small fleet in a feud with Free Captain Carola Antiochus and was never seen again. Word came back that Antiochus had lured Smythee into the edges of the Eye of Abendego and ambushed him with the help of a unknown ally and that Smythee’s fleet was cut to pieces between the enemy fleets. Though Captain Smythee managed to sink Antiochus’s Pergador, he was last seen on the deck of the crippled and sinking Vale at the mercy of the Eye’s hurricane winds.

The other captain claimed the remainder of Antiochus’s fleet and took control of several of Smythee’s undefended castles. They made an attempt to take the Tidewater Rock as well, only to discover that Smythee’s able widow had taken charge of its defenses. She managed to fend off his attack with such alacrity that they decided to leave the widow to rot in her tower.

You'll arrive at Tidewater Rock later today, but if anyone has anything they'd like to RP out before then, feel free.


Female CG Human (Mwangi) Brawler (Battle Dancer) 5 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +9 (+12 trip), CMD: 22 (25 trip) | F: +7, R: +9, W: +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +0  | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing Dodge 2/2, Sparring Partners 1/1, Martial Flexibility 6/6 | Active Conditions: None| Appearance

Marisan stays up late celebrating their first naval victory. She is up early the next morning, though, running drills with the crew and ensuring they are in fighting shape.


Human*, Slayer 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (t15/ff14) | CMD 22 | F +5, R +9, W +4 | perception (darkvision 60’) +11, sense motive +12 | +5 initiative | active effects: —

***Last Night***
Val joins the rest of the crew in celebrating their success.

With Harmony...
When the (other) captain approaches her, Val takes a step back in surprise. She quickly recovers, however, and tugs her hat in salute before stammering out, "Uh, congratulations on the victory, ma'am." Her cheeks flush a little and she doesn't dare make eye contact with the other woman.

Later that night...
The master gunner, now several rums in, seeks out Jack Scrimshaw and Ma Thu The. "You two both did great today," she tells them, patting them both on the back, "if the gods were fair we'd've killed their cap'n before the fighting even started!" She smiles and looks at Jack. "And, you did a fine job followin' orders, as usual... Have fun celebratin' but remember to come show me your progress tomorrow night."

Turning back to Thu The she adds, "And, you followed orders good too... I wonder if you're always that good at doing what you're told? Maybe I'll have to have you come to my quarters for an effaltuation... evalt... sh!t, for a test some time..."

As its getting late
Val sloppily walks on her hands over to Marisan, looking with each step like she's going to topple over. Once she arrives at her target she clumsily cartwheels into a standing position and locks eyes with the brawler. She reaches up and undoes the top clasp of her bodice and announces, "Sufjaa, I can't wait any longer... come back to my bed so I can reward you, or I'm going to do it right here on the deck in front of ev'ryone..."


The Siren | Known Crew | Current Map

Previous evening in the crew quarters with Valeria ...

"Uh ..." Jack begins, but then glances at Thu The before continuing. "Yes, Ma'am," he says with a nod.

The dark-haired woman looks a little nervous. "A test, Ma'am?" she asks. "What kind of test?"

Mina and Fina who are looking on from their hammocks nearby breakout in a fit of giggles. "The kind you don't mind taking over and over again, right Ma'am?" one of them says with a wide grin. "Test me next, Miss Korvin," the other squeaks out before breaking into bouts of laughter.

Thu The gives them both a glare before turning a nervous glance back to Valeria.


Human*, Slayer 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (t15/ff14) | CMD 22 | F +5, R +9, W +4 | perception (darkvision 60’) +11, sense motive +12 | +5 initiative | active effects: —

In the crew quarters
Val looks at the twins and smirks. "A volunteer, eh?" she answers with a chuckle, "Interesting. You the type of twins that do everything together, or would I just be testin' the one of you?"


The Siren | Known Crew | Current Map

Mina(?) ceases her laughter and looks to her companion. They share a moment of silence before she looks back at Valeria. "No, Ma'am," she says with an eye to look the Master Gunner up and down. "We only did that once and it didn't end well."

"That's 'cause you got greedy! And noisy!" Fina snaps, her smile gone. Mina turns to glare at her twin before looking back at Valeria. "As I said, it didn't end well." She looks Valeria up and down one more time as her pink tongue slips out a bit to wet her lower lip.

"You don't ...? You didn't actually ...?" Thu The stammers out, looking at the half-elves in disgust.

"Only once," Mina says without taking her eyes off Valeria. "And it was rather ... unsatisfying."

"That's ... disgusting!" Thu The spits out, but a shrug is Mina's only response.


Human*, Slayer 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 19 (t15/ff14) | CMD 22 | F +5, R +9, W +4 | perception (darkvision 60’) +11, sense motive +12 | +5 initiative | active effects: —

crew quarters
Val’s gaze lingers on the twins for a moment.

Mina’s the more aggressive one, and a greedier lover... Fina’s more sensitive... now I just have to remember that tomorrow...

”We’ll consider your request at a later time,” she answers standing almost at attention and trying to seem rather official. Then she turns back to Thu The and more casually continues, ”they were right about it bein’ the kind of test you’d enjoy takin’ over and over, though... if you like takin’ orders that is. I never knew I’d really like givin’ orders, but I started doin’ it for Sufjaa, ‘cause she likes it, and it turns out it’s kinda great...”

Suddenly realizing that she’s begun rambling, Val straightens up and concludes, ”but, mostly I just wanted to thank you for your work today. Keep it up.”

this rum’s really gettin’ to me... I better go get another...


Female CG Human (Mwangi) Brawler (Battle Dancer) 5 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +9 (+12 trip), CMD: 22 (25 trip) | F: +7, R: +9, W: +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +0  | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing Dodge 2/2, Sparring Partners 1/1, Martial Flexibility 6/6 | Active Conditions: None| Appearance
Valeria Korvin wrote:
Val sloppily walks on her hands over to Marisan, looking with each step like she's going to topple over. Once she arrives at her target she clumsily cartwheels into a standing position and locks eyes with the brawler. She reaches up and undoes the top clasp of her bodice and announces, "Sufjaa, I can't wait any longer... come back to my bed so I can reward you, or I'm going to do it right here on the deck in front of ev'ryone..."

Marisan quirks an eyebrow as Val awkwardly approaches. ”Was that your attempt at capoeira? Your form needs a lot of work!” she laughs.

The brawler slips her arms around the slayer’s waist. ”Let us go somewhere more private and I will give you a few pointers. Lead the way.”

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,562 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Itzi's Skull and Shackles - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.