GM TOP #9-22: Grotto of the Deluged God (Standard, Foxes)

Game Master Pete H.

Slides


101 to 150 of 258 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

The hold of the ship smells dank and briny, thick with algae and the bony remains of fish washed in by the tide. Ten small, sodden chests, each labeled, are in the aft of this small space. A short stairway leads upward.

The sodden chests quickly disappoint though, they are unlocked and hold only waterlogged clothing, a set of embroidered kerchiefs, a locket containing a lock of hair, and a sodden envelope that used to be a letter but falls apart at the touch.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Onna & Hirragi:
You hear a light tapping sound. Focusing a bit on where it is coming from you both realize at the same time that something is walking around slowly and very repetitively upstairs.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

"Uh...Anyone else hear that. Sounds like something upstairs is just walking in circles." She draws her undead slaying wand, just in case.

The Exchange

active effects:
antiplague 1h
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 3/6 | Channel 2/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"You're sure it's not just the waterlogged wood creaking? If something's walking in circles, here in a half-rotted ship, could be the undead we suspected? I can hide two of us with a prayer - mindless undead won't be able to perceive us at all, and there's a chance even thinking undead will miss us. Volunteers for going upstairs under cover of the spell?"

Hide from undead.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

”If you cast it on me, I can get myself right in the middle of them and return them to dead and dust in Daikitsu’s light,” she offers.

The Exchange

active effects:
antiplague 1h
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 3/6 | Channel 2/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"Then I shall join you in that endeavour. We must time our attack carefully, if it is undead we find, for once one of us unleashes Daikitsu's holy power my spell will be broken."

Ikari casts Hide From Undead on himself and Hiiragi duration 20 mins, Will DC 12 for intelligent undead only

"Onna, Toshiko, please stay close-by and be ready to join a fight."

Once everyone is ready, Ikari leads the way spear-point first.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Just before Ikari casts his spell, "Oh wait! I have just the thing for sneaking around." Onna touches her fingers to her lips, then to each party member. "Just whisper and I will hear you. You will be able to hear me as well. Unfortunately, you won't be able to talk to each other."

I will cast Message on everyone. It will take two castings to cover the party. 20 minute duration.

"Good luck."


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Ikari and Hiiragi head up the stairs, protected from the sight of undead. Their caution is proven worth the effort as they quickly discover the reason for the footsteps. Three rotting and stinking humanoid creatures shamble around the large space that takes up most of the ship’s below-deck area, which is still strung with almost a dozen crew hammocks, though some have been sliced through and hang limply from their tethers. Light is dim here, filtered through the cracked glass of a few filthy portholes. Stairs aft lead up to the main deck.

Knowledge Religion to ID the creatures, Common Allowed:
Yes, the DC is hidden. However, with a success on your roll I will ID the creature. This ID will include basic type/subtype and one tidbit of knowledge. I will dole out the tidbits starting with signature special abilities and then working to more mechanical things like DR and other resistances. Multiple rolls from multiple players, assuming they both beat the DC, will grant additional information and not duplicate tidbits.

The creatures do not pay any attention to the two fox folk, allowing them to prepare an attack. They continue to shamble around the room, almost as though they are patrolling. But no intelligence is visible in their rotting eyes.

Ikari and Hiiragi (slides page 1) both get a surprise round to act if they chose to attack. Onna and Toshiko (slides page 2) are one floor below. They could attempt to sneak up to also gain an action, but if discovered would initiate combat immediately, cancelling the surprise round for all.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

”What are thooooooose!”

The Exchange

active effects:
antiplague 1h
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 3/6 | Channel 2/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

know.religion, untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 8

"Walking corpses? Time to send them back to the grave. Let's wait till they're bunched up."

GM, since these undead can't detect Hiiragi and Ikari, can we move into more optimal positions before triggering our channels? Preferably wait for the undead to move into a bunch, maybe herd them by standing in their way? I'd like us to be more than a 5' step from them whilst keeping them all in channel range.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko stands poised, ready to fight when the fighting breaks out.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Relying on the communication magic, "What is it? Are you guys okay? Do you need us up there?"

The Exchange

active effects:
antiplague 1h
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 3/6 | Channel 2/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"We are fine - Daikitsu's power shields us from the gaze of three mindless undead. We only wait for the right moment to strike."

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

The bard thinks for a moment before offering a proposal. "Want us to thump on the roof somewhere? It might get their attention."


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Yeah, you have 20 minutes to figure out their pattern and position yourself ideally. Are you both (Hiiragi & Ikari) planning to channel to harm undead? If not, declare your surprise round action please.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

That’s pretty much my plan!

The Exchange

active effects:
antiplague 1h
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 3/6 | Channel 2/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Yup, mine too.


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

I'll make the channel rolls and saves to get us moving along into combat, but you both (Hiiragi and Ikari) are more than welcome to write up the description of your surprise round action.

The two followers of Daikitsu wisely choose to prepare an attack together, combining their forces to wipe out the mindless undead. Or at least they are pretty sure they are mindless undead after watching them wander for ten minutes. Timing the pattern to get a good setup, they raise their holy symbols and positive energy washes over the area, burning undead flesh with varying success.

Channel Positive to Harm Undead Hiiragi: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Channel Positive to Harm Undead Ikari: 1d6 ⇒ 1

GM Screen:
Red vs. Hiiragi DC 13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Yellow vs. Hiiragi DC 13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Blue vs. Hiiragi DC 13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Red vs. Ikari DC 11: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Yellow vs. Ikari DC 11: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Blue vs. Ikari DC 11: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Initiative:

Onna: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Hirragi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Ikari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Toshiko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Enemy Red: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Enemy Yellow: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Enemy Blue: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Round 1
Ikari
Onna

Yellow Undead (-3 HP)
Hirragi
Blue Undead (-4 HP)
Toshiko
Red Undead (-2 HP)

Bold may act!

Those downstairs need to move up the stairs and will come out at the Yellow Star. It will take Toshiko 20 ft of move and Onna 25 ft of move to do this.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

The bards scrambles up the steps, crosses her fingers and points her wand.

UMD vs DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Disrupt Undead vs nearest undead (YELLOW?): 1d6 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Once the undead have stumbled closely enough, Hiiragi (flail in hand) stands tall, back-to-back with Ikari, and tilts her head back, facing the sky with her birthmark.

"OUR LADY DAIKITSU, RETURN THESE BODIES TO THE EARTH!" she bellows.

The Exchange

active effects:
antiplague 1h
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 3/6 | Channel 2/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"Our Lady of Foxes preserve us, cast these unholy remnants back to the grave!"

With a nod at his sensei Hiiragi, Ikari raises his nine-tailed fox symbol above his head and calls upon the Goddess. A soft light bathes the warrior and washes out over the undead, even as Hiiragi matches and surpasses Ikari's effort.

sylvan:
"Again."

Ikari repeats the effort, then readies his spear against the undead's response, snarling a challenge.

channel positive, DC11: 1d6 ⇒ 2

AoOs:
vs undead if triggered
spear vs undead, rage: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 21damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
spear vs undead, rage: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 14damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
spear vs undead, rage: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 12damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |
Sionnach 'Onna' Brummagem wrote:
The bards scrambles up the steps, crosses her fingers and points her wand.

You still need a ranged touch attack to hit a target with that spell, Onna.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

How's the Touch DC of a flat-footed zombo? I'm hoping "low"...


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

GM Screen:
Red vs. Ikari DC 11: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Yellow vs. Ikari DC 11: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Blue vs. Ikari DC 11: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

The shambling creatures appear to be adapting to the positive energy, all three of them resisting most of Ikari's divine energy. Onna moves up the stairs and whips a blast of positive energy at the closest creature, but is unable to connect with Hiiragi standing in the way.

One of the creatures clumsily stumbles forwards, right onto Ikari's spear. He easily dispatches the creature and it falls to the ground, rotting flesh thumping to the ground.

Round 1
Ikari
Onna
Yellow Undead (-13 HP & Down)
Hirragi
Blue Undead (-5 HP)
Toshiko
Red Undead (-3 HP)

Bold may act!

Those downstairs need to move up the stairs and will come out at the Yellow Star. It will take Toshiko 20 ft of move to do this.

Onna:
You are welcome to make a Knowledge Religion check. With a success on your roll I will ID the creatures. This ID will include basic type/subtype and one tidbit of knowledge. I will dole out the tidbits starting with signature special abilities and then working to more mechanical things like DR and other resistances. Multiple rolls from multiple players, assuming they both beat the DC, will grant additional information and not duplicate tidbits.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi begins whipping her flailhead in a circle, stepping forward as Ikari's many blades tear the nearest undead to pieces while he pulls it back again; she tries to keep her momentum up. It's too cramped to get big, so instead, she swings with as much oomph as her normal-sized body can muster.

Feels weird, to be swinging at something that's not smaller than her...

Heavy Flail Attack vs. Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Heavy Flail Damage vs. Red: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

...Though swinging hard isn't quite the same as hitting a spot that's going to cause a lot of damage.


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Onna:
You can tell that these are variant human zombies, neutral evil undead. But unlike most zombies, these actually do not have any Damage Resistance. As an undead, there is a whole list of immunities, but it's pretty much common sense stuff related to the creature being an animated dead body.

Hiiragi steps up and whips her weapon at the creature. It connects, though she doesn't quite hit as hard as she hoped. The small space definitely effecting the force behind her flail.

Round 1
Ikari
Onna
Yellow Undead (-13 HP & Down)
Hirragi
Blue Undead (-5 HP)
Toshiko
Red Undead (-6 HP)

Bold may act!

Those downstairs need to move up the stairs and will come out at the Yellow Star. It will take Toshiko 20 ft of move to do this.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko rushes upstairs and throws a dagger at Blue

Dagger, PBS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Totally forgot to have blue eat a PC's face, so I'll just say they delayed and acted after Toshiko. That'll get everyone on the same initiative count anyway, win-win!

Toshiko zips up the stairs and drunkenly tosses a dagger at the zombies. It flies wide and sticks into an old rotten timber.

One zombie moves up, slashing at the lady up front. The other also brings its rusty dagger to bear as well, this time stabbing at her instead. None of the attacks manage to make it through her sturdy armor.

GM Screen:
Dagger Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 for Slashing: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Dagger Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 for Stabbing: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Round 2
Ikari
Onna

Yellow Undead (-13 HP & Down)
Hirragi
Toshiko

Blue Undead (-5 HP)
Red Undead (-6 HP)

Bold may act!

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Seeing none of the zombies fall, Onna decides to encourage everyone.

"Okay guys, settle down and don't panic. These are small potatoes compared to some of the challenges we've overcome. Work together!"

Back by popular demand, INSPIRE COURAGE! +1 to hit, damage and saves vs fear!

Round 1 of 10. 9 Rounds remain.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko throws another dagger, again hitting a wooden post.

Dagger, PBS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi's follow-through lets her take a step away, then right back forward as her flail comes whipping around!

Attack Red + IC: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

...She's not as successful at connecting this time, though.

"Next time I'm asking for Daikitsu's help again!"

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

I think Toshiko and I posted at the same time. Her roll to hit is a 12 and 6 damage.


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Saw that, I do my best to add buffs like that, especially when players submit stuff at the same time. Still a miss though. :(

The Exchange

active effects:
antiplague 1h
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 3/6 | Channel 2/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Ikari steps up and thrusts his elven spear forwards:

spear vs blue, ic, rage: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 17damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

"Let our enemies fall before us!"


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Onna quickly inspires her allies, though it doesn't seem to actually help anything. The zombies skin is tough and they do have some old thick leather armor that turns away blows. Ikari has trouble attacking past Hiiragi's shoulder, just barely throwing off the strike. The front line lady fox's flail gets bumped on her backswing and it goes wide to the side. Toshiko's dagger finds its friend, burying itself deep into the same timber.

The two zombies groan and slash at Hiiragi again... again without success.

GM:
Dagger Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 for Slashing: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Dagger Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for Slashing: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Round 3 - IC is UP!
Onna
Ikari
Hiiragi
Toshiko

Blue Undead (-5 HP)
Red Undead (-6 HP)

Bold may act!

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi raises her head to the sky once more;
”Daikitsu!”

Channel vs Zombos DC13: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

I will run out of daggers soon.

Dagger, PBS, Inspire: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28 Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19 Extra Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

The bard takes careful aim, waiting for something to happen. "Oh come on!"

UMD vs DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Inspre Courage Round 2 of 10. 8 Rounds remain.

The Exchange

active effects:
antiplague 1h
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 3/6 | Channel 2/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Ikari casts down his spear, and pulls an elven rapier. He steps adjacent to Hiiragi and stabs at any remaining zombie.

rapier vs zombie, rage, ic: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 20damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

"Grrrrr."


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Onna continues her inspiration, but wishes it would have helped her activate the stupid stick as instead she just waggles it at the undead, chastising them for being naughty.

Ikari steps up and puts his rapier right through the eyeball of the zombie, covering the blade in rotting gore.

Toshiko takes a cue from this and also aims for an eyeball, nailing it on the first try. Both undead collapse to the ground.

Combat over and no PC damage, huzzah! Hiiragi you may keep your channel, it would have been overkill. There are stairs that lead up as well as a room at the far end of this level that appears to be barred shut from the outside.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi hears, or perhaps feels, a presence that seems to fill her pointy ears:
"GIVE IT A MOMENT."

The light abstains as her comrades finish the undead, and the shrine maiden feels a smile as her goddess slips away from taking an active interest in this area.

"It is always good to feel Her presence," says Hiiragi with a sigh that sounds almost smitten. She retrieves Toshiko's dagger from the corpse and passes it to her after a quick Prestidigitation to clean it.

The Exchange

active effects:
antiplague 1h
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 3/6 | Channel 2/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"I feel I have some catching up to do when it comes to channeling our Lady's presence, Hiiragi." Ikari looks a little glum as he wipes the decaying filth off his weapons in the conventional way.

"Still, the initial prayer worked better than I could have hoped. We gave battle on our own terms, decisively! Shall we see if we can get into this room here?"

Ikari gestures towards the barred door, and invokes the light of his Wayfinder.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi offers a serene smile; "I have been chosen by Our Lady," she points out, gesturing toward her forehead, "and brought up from birth in Her light. It is only natural that She manifests stronger through me than others."


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Listening at the door it seems like whatever was trapped inside is probably long dead or escaped a different way as no noise is heard. It is easy to remove the timbers to open the door and everyone looks inside warily.

Unlike other sections of the ship though, there are few signs of damage in this room other than those obviously caused by water. A waterlogged corpse floats in a large pool of water in the corner of the room, wearing a uniform of rotting finery, apparently dead from a stab wound in the side. The waves have washed most of the blood from the floorboards, leaving only a faded, rust-colored stain. A thick, weather-beaten journal is tucked into the corpse’s coat.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi frowns as she looks over the room with the others; when the journal is pulled, she takes it upon herself to magically dry it thanks, Prestidigitation! before they crack it open.


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

The journal found in this room is printed on vellum with water-resistant ink, so they are largely still legible. Jaheem’s journal contains an account of the ship’s last mission, detailing the departure of the Pathfinders’ landing party, the crew growing restless waiting for their return, and eventually the crew’s outright mutiny as the weather grew worse.

Jaheem’s last entries describe the ship’s collision with the reef and his intent to try using his water-related powers to escape his imprisonment: an attempt that clearly failed. The journal also contains detailed logs and charts of the waters around the Eye of Abendego.

Knowledge Geography OR Knowledge Nature may grant extra insight into the journal

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Onna tries again to activate the magic of the wand, aiming at the sodden corpse. "Just in case it's playing possum."

UMD vs DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

"Or not...stupid stick. I should see about a refund."

She then scans over the journal.

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi borrows the wand they found earlier and gives the corpse a nudge with it.

CLW on corpse!

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Huh. Well poop. I coulda done that. With an admiring nod, "Smartly done sister."

101 to 150 of 258 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM TOP #9-22: Grotto of the Deluged God (Standard, Foxes) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.