GM TOP #9-22: Grotto of the Deluged God (Standard, Foxes) (Inactive)

Game Master Pete H.

Slides


1 to 50 of 258 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

You have been sent to the Shackles, the lawless pirate haven that one rarely goes to without securing all their valuables and readying for an inevitable fight. But when the Pathfinder Lodge says jump, you pretty much do it because they would never send you on a mission that would almost kill you... several times. But even with that, pirates are so much fun who can say no!

Basic Location Info:
This adventure takes place off the shore of Tempest Cay, the northernmost island in the Shackles. It is north of Widowmaker Isle and just south of the terrible Eye of Abendego. The island’s major settlement is the storm-lashed port city of Drenchport. A map is up in the slides of this location.

Eventually arriving in Drenchport, whose name is apt as there is currently a heavy downpour occurring, each of you manage to safely find your way to a local tavern/inn called the Drowned Rat. This tavern is where you were told to go and wait for word about the mission.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi does not appear, exactly, at the Drowned Rat.

Rather, a grizzled-looking pirate woman, peg-legged and eyepatched, stomps into the Drowned Rat, a war flail over her shoulders and an unstrung longbow in a leather case on her back.

She finds herself a spot on the bar, growls, and slams a hand down on the table with a few spare coins for a drink.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

A rotund man shakes out his cloak as he makes his way to the bar. "Terrible weather you have here. Like the sky itself has been ripped open by the gods themselves. Never seen anything like it in all my years travelling on The Silken Way. Duststorms a plenty, but this drenching? A curse to be sure." Taking the familiar form of Mahmoud the Merchant, Onna moves about the tavern.

I doubt the weapon dealer made it this far out of the desert. At least my friends will be able to recognize me.

Disguise (Impersonate): 1d20 + 12 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 10 = 29

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Disguise: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

The pirate scoots a few stools down to sit beside the merchant. "Soaks one down to the skeleton, it does. Any good pirate who dies in the desert is sure to drown the vulture who tries to eat her bones!" she grins, clapping the "stranger" on the back. "Not that you would know anything about dying in the desert!"

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Turning toward the pirate, "Well, no...er of course not. That would be very inconvenient for all the living I still have to do. My harpy of a wife wouldn't hear of me dropping dead. Who would pay for her gowns? AHA ha ha."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

One of mine...but which one?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

The pirate laughs uproariously at that... and then very suddenly grows quiet.

"I'm not ready to laugh about harpies, actually," she says with a shiver.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

A familiar warrior enters the bar and shakes the storm waters from his cloaks before scanning the room. Hs lean frame is accented by the peculiar elven spear he carries over one shoulder. Ikari's human guise is immediately recognisable to those who have travelled with him before.

The gruff kitsune spots 'Mahmoud' and takes a seat close by. "Not like the desert here, is it friend? Water, not fire, dominates here. What roads shall we take now, I wonder?"

Spotting the 'pirate's' weapons, Ikari leans in and whispers:

sylvan:
"Flail. Bow. Is that you, Sister Hiiragi? I hope the peg-leg is part of your disguise and not a consequnce of misfortune! Our Lady watch over you."

A wooden disk featuring a carving of a rampant nine-tailed fox is visible as Ikari leans in.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

The pirate grins wide as she sees Ikari (though it takes her a minute to spot him, with the eyepatch giving her a blind spot). She says something in response as he leans in:

Sylvan:
"I was hoping to mess with Mahmoud a little longer! Fret not, I am simply walking poorly in a wooden shoe. You, though!"

She turns, grabbing Ikari's shoulders and shaking him in delight.

Sylvan:
"The initiation! I could not be more proud if you were my own kin. When we return from this mission, we drink like Toshiko after a bad birthday breakup."

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Ikari smiles back at Hiiragi, clasping her to him.

sylvan:
"We are kin. Er, to a point anyway. You know? Not literally."

He winks slyly.

sylvan:
"Our Lady has blessed me, and I am no longer laity but am charged with spreading Her word. And to that end, I have learned a few new tricks that even you may find surprising. I will tell more when we are out of this crowded tavern. How many of us are here yet?"

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Noting Ikari and hearing is inquiry, "By the Three Fates. Who knows how much more this night will bring." Mahmoud engages the bartender, "I can't imagine how much longer this storm will last. And they say this Eye of Abendego is worse? No thank you. It will take months of desert sun to dry out."

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi grins.

Sylvan:
"Well, we have found"

"Mahmoud"

Sylvan:
"and of course the two of us. I believe Takabe, Kenta, and Itami still have business elsewhere. I have not heard from Toshiko, so I wonder if we might find her upon the floor if we look hard enough."

She casts a mischievous glance around.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko walks in from a back room, a large tankard in her hand. She spots her travel companions, does a quick about face and leaves hoping no-one notices her.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

”TOSHI!!!” hollers the “pirate” after the retreating barfly. ”I was hoping we would see you! Come, come!”

She leaves her stool and hobbles after her.

”You have no idea how worried I was—guidelines for our crew state that if we can’t amass a party of four, we have to take one of... them!!”

She gestures at the wall of the tavern, upon which a ragtag assortment of Pathfinders stand ready. A poorly-optimized dwarven ranger gives a hearty wave.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HAAAAAAAAAAARSKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

"Aye lass, we'll get the job dun if'n ya need a fourth. Me trusty crossbow ne'er misses."

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko reluctantly walks over to the "Pirate" and takes a seat. Looking toward the mouthy PFS agent she yells You just drink your tea and keep your trap shut.


HAAAAAAAAAAARSKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

He gives a knowing nod to Toshiko, "Heh heh. I like ya fire, lass. You do you."


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

An angry looking half-orc shoves the door open with a spray of water from outside. He steps inside and stands to his full height, bellowing out, "PATHFINDERS, ATTENSHUN!"

...

Ninety percent of the bar patrons stand quickly, turning towards him.

...

He slaps his hand on his face, "Jeeze, what the hell are you all doing here? I just need four." He turns to step back out into the rain, "First four that follow get to visit a sunken ship, probably loaded down with treasure."

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

The rotund osiriani man replies, "I'd rather have a ticket home instead of more soakin'. But seein' as I'm here, might as well check it out." The soon to be drenched merchant-who-is-not-a-merchant hops off his stool and follows the surly half-orc.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi grabs Toshiko with both arms and begins hauling her toward the door. "Ikari, can you get her other side?" she asks.


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

The gruff sailor walks out into the rain, pulling his hood up and leading the way down to the docks. He walks up to a similarly dressed fellow watching over a small covered boat and starts getting it ready to go. Both hop down and casts off once all are in. The cover prevents some of the rain from flooding the boat, but a bit of bailing is still necessary. The two sailors handle the oars quite well and you see they are pulling you all towards a sailing ship docked out in the harbor.

_________________________________________________________________________

Venture-Captain Calisro Benarry, a powerfully built half-orc, stands defiantly on the deck despite the driving winds. Sparse clouds are resplendent with the calm colors of twilight, but waves lap roughly against the ship as sea spray mists the air.

“Good. You’re here. Come with me.” She leads the way to a room below decks, where a hanging lantern illuminates a canvas map of the isles of the Shackles, with currents and depth marked, fastened to a wooden table with rusting nails. A model of the Grinning Pixie, carved from cork, shows the ship’s current position.

“I hope you lubbers aren’t afraid to get your feet wet. Here’s what I’ve got for you: you’re here to find a Thuvian caravel called the Pride of Aspenthar. The Pride’s captain was Jaheem Quinn, a half-elf with a magical knack for the water. Not a wizard or such, but I’ll be damned if the water didn’t do what he asked when he asked it. I hired Jaheem to take our agents on a mission to the Gloomspires, and neither he nor his ship ever returned to Drenchport. Divinations confirmed that the ship was lost and suggested that no one was aboard, but that could mean anything from them all abandoning ship to a hold full of dead sailors. The winds around the Eye of Abendego are always perilous, but sending Jaheem and his crew into such dangerous currents is one of my few regrets.” The half-orc pauses and shakes her head, her face hardening with resolve.

“The winds have been strange of late, and it seems they’ve turned up news of the Pride—wrecked, of course—near Tempest Cay. It’s a rough place where outside eyes aren’t welcome. You won’t find anyone willing to give account to strangers. I’ve developed a number of connections here, so I’ll see what I can discover on land about any survivors. Your task is to seek out the wrecked ship itself. I’ve been studying these waters and their currents a long time. If a ship has wrecked, it should be around here.” She stabs at the map with a strong finger. “At low tide, the water should be shallow enough to explore on foot in relative safety, without the waves lashing down. You’re to look for any information about why the ship went down, especially if it had to do with these currents. If you can, keep an eye out for Jaheem’s log. It should tell us quite a bit about what happened.”

“Follow any leads you find, but if something’s too much for you to handle, come find me on Tempest Cay. You can ask for me at the Drowned Dwarf in Drenchport. Otherwise, I’ll meet you back here.”

Her gaze lingers on each face in turn. “Right. I’ve got to go landside to catch my contacts while they’re in their cups but still talkative. Be ready to leave an hour before dawn. Enjoy the comforts of the ship tonight, and make sure you visit the quartermaster; I’ve requisitioned specialized supplies for you, and you can ask her any questions you might have. Oh,” the half-orc grins, showing gleaming fangs, “and ask her to wish you luck.”

No questions for the Captain as she is obviously in a hurry to get into town. You all have the night to get settled as the ship quickly leaves port to your nearby destination. The crew seems to mostly ignore you, being quite busy. You are shown to a small bunk room, barely big enough to fit the four beds, yourselves and your gear. On each bed is a small basket full of a simple dinner. Bread, cheese, some sort of smoked meat and one tart fruit each. A water jug and four cups are hung from the ceiling.

While waiting for morning and your destination to come, you may all Roll Knowledge (Geography) OR Knowledge (Local) as well as Knowledge (Religion) OR Knowledge (Planes). You are all welcome to RP anything all the way back to the tavern scene.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Just getting that up there; roleplaying will come later :P


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Hiiragi:
You know that a number of groups and cults have developed around the Eye of Abendego. One of them related to the Pathfinder society is The Concordance of Elements. They are interested in preserving elemental balance, and the recently formed Concordance faction is interested in developing a healthy relationship between the Concordance of Elements and the Pathfinder Society. Ranginori, the good-aligned elemental lord of air, was recently freed from his long imprisonment by an alliance of Pathfinder Society and Concordance of Elements agents.

For the K: Geography OR K: Local check, Common Knowledge will provide some (but not all) information.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Thanks Hiiragi. Love you.

Toshiko sulks at being dragged into yet another hair-brained Pathfinder mission. She is slowly learning though and has a new cloak and her armour looks to be better made than previously.

Between missions I will buy a cloak of resistance +1 and make my armour masterwork studded leather. I have adjusted my purse appropriately.

Since I am here I might as well avail myself of the facilities She takes some time to locate the rum store on board and fills her hip flask.

So, if you insist on me being along for these "adventures" you might as well fill me in on what the Pathfinder Society is. She drinks while you all talk.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"It is the brotherhood of the open road, Toshiko. Or sisterhood, if you prefer. What could be more appropriate for we kitsune pilgrims?"

Ikari seems to enjoy the storms; unafraid to spend time outside on deck even when it costs him a rain-lashing. He comes below deck in time to see Toshiko at the ship's grog.

"Think of it as our extended family. And speaking of family and pilgrimages, Our Lady, Heavenly Daikitsu, has charged me with carrying her blessings to all corners of Golarion, that none may find themselves as lost as my birth-kin. To that end She has granted me certain powers that I can share with fellow pilgrims. I can make you grow, like healthy crops in the summertime; and I can soothe the aches and pains that come of your labours. None who share the road with me shall grow weary."

Ikari can use the Growth and Community domain powers on allies as though they were him, at a range of 30 feet, but can only choose two allies plus himself as possible targets; it takes a 1 minute joint prayer to 'attune' in this way, so Ikari will do this now, changing if you want to change. Who should I omit? (See profile/char sheet for full details).

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Well, I can use the Growth domain power on myself, so there'd be some redundancy there :P

Hiiragi opens her mouth to ask a question, but the VC is gone before she can speak it.

"I meant to ask what a 'caravel' is."

Reasoning that it is probably some form of boat, she follows Toshiko and Ikari to the rum.

"Unfortunately there is no road between us and our destination," teases Hiiragi.

...Who is beginning to feel a bit seasick, actually.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"I do not think that Daikitsu is is too concerned whether the 'road' is earth, water, sky, or even something else, dear Hiiragi. Her blessings will work just the same. But I confess that I have no experience with the sea, and am not a good swimmer. And so I have asked my friends in the Exchange to provide some assistance, just in case." Ikari brandishes a scroll case. "Scrolls of the air bubble spell."

One last thing to note about Ikari the cleric: his channel only heals half as much as normal, but renders everyone in its affect immune to fatigue for 1 minute. When I have 1/rage powers my first turn in combat is likely to be a channel and a swift enlarge, but those come later.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |
Hiiragi wrote:
"I meant to ask what a 'caravel' is."

The bard's lips wrinkle up in thought. Obviously misunderstanding the word, she offers, "I thought those were exotic candies, no?"

Bard Geography: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Bard Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Onna, now back in her common human form, tries to recall everything she remembers about the region.

"Um, if there are a lot of ...undead, are we equipped for that?"

Should I spend invest 1 pp on a wand of Disrupt Undead?

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi shrugs. "I can channel Daikitsu's energy against them, and a big flail does wonders," she says.

"...Wait. You're thinking of 'caramel.' I think a 'caravel' is a group of people selling a product that work together to eliminate mutual competition."


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

I believe 1 PP only gets you a purchase of 150g and a cantrip wand is 375g.

Onna:
It was Geography OR Local, but I'll give you the better of the two since that is a thing a lot of people miss.

You clearly recall quite a bit about the area, knowing that some locals believe the mostly absent ruler of Tempest Cay, the druid and pirate captain called the Master of Gales, must be controlling the mysterious winds and currents. The pirates of the Shackles also utilize the Eye of Abendego as a part of their defenses. Many of the residents of these isles are involved in piracy to some degree, which is related to their unwillingness to answer questions from outsiders. The Eye of Abendego is a vicious, perpetual hurricane. Although its exact cause is unknown, it formed roughly at the time of the death of the god Aroden. Its intensity is variable and unpredictable. Its weaker winds can tear the sails off the biggest ships, while its stronger gales can reduce a ship to splinters. Pirates and rough seas are not the only dangers in the Eye of Abendego. Sailors who have braved the outer rim of the hurricane also report encounters with ghost ships, aquatic undead, powerful elementals, and vicious sea monsters.

You hear a frustrated voice yelling through the wall, "It's a damn ship you landlubbers!"

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Poop! For some reason I had it in my head that 1 PP would get you half of 750. Still, 375gp is a solid price if we are going to run into these things. I will throw down the money for one.

Onna will share all she recalls.

Feel free to read the spoiler

"I think that's a 'cable'."


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Just confirming that you are planning to UMD that wand, right?

I'll move us along to the next morning at some point today. Busy right now.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Yep. 11 or better to activate. Gives me some option to attempt range against undead (with an easier chance to hit and slightly lower average damage). I also have no way to harm ghosts or haunts and the like.


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Good deal! It is a nice option, might grab a wand of that on my wizard actually.

The quartermaster is a brightly dressed tengu who introduces herself as Kakikko. Her graying ruff feathers betray her age, but her eyes are bright and her bearing is spry and cheerful, in contrast to the seriousness of the venture-captain. It’s clear that she enjoys her post. “Hello, fellow Pathfinders,” Kakikko says. “You’re here to find the wreck of the Pride of Aspenthar, right? Good. I’ve some gear for you.”

Each character receives a potion of water breathing. Kakikko also gives the group a wand of touch of the sea with 10 charges. She asks the characters to return any unused supplies at the end of their mission. Finally, she gives the group a token in the shape of a hand-sized wooden shard: a feather token (swan boat).

“This isn’t just any splinter. It’s a token that transforms into a swan boat.” The quartermaster leans forward, clacking her beak. “This boat drives itself by magic. It will only last for one day, but that should be much more time than you need. Now, do you have any questions?”

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

"Does the caramel swan know where to go? Do we just point on the map and say, 'find the ship' or 'sail to Tempest Cay' when we are done? Also, what and where are the 'Gloomspires'? How close to that crazy storm do we have to get? How long does the potion last?"

She takes a breath before continuing, "What are the names of the missing Pathfinders? Or at the very least, how many agents were sent? Do we have any descriptions? What was their mission? What do you know about the druid and pirate captain called the Master of Gales, other than the fact he can control the weather?"


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Kakikko shrugs her shoulder feathers, "Well we are near the area the captain thinks the ship should be found, but the reef is not manageable by our ship so that's why you gotta take the swan boat."

"The potion should last about half a day (10 hours)"

"So like the gloomspires are weird, once a year they open up to treasure hunters and we usually send in a group to investigate something. Since the ship crashed, it wasn't free to pull the pathfinders out before the window expired. When we discovered this, we sent a rescue party in on the next window a year later which found a number of survivors of the landing party that had launched from the Pride. They hadn’t fared well. Well, that’s an understatement. Honestly, they were raging cannibals when we found them, but we did learn that the ship was hale and whole when they left it to explore the tombs. That’s the last report we have. Hopefully you’ll be able to return with news from the wreckage.”

She just shrugs to the rest of the questions, "No clue about all that."


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Anything else? Do I need to clarify background stuff a bit to make some more sense? I could see if that was the case, but if you all are good to go then we can move along.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

I'm good!

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Ready :)


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Taking the token and being super careful to remember the activation phrase "Boat Activate" and the deactivation phrase "Boat Deactivate", the disguised kitsune head to the edge of the ship to head off on their mission. Without major issue, they get settled into the newly created craft and set out. A rudder at the back guides it and as promised it seems to move forwards on its own. Pressing down speeds it up and pulling up slows the boat.

Weaving around the rough seas the group navigates to where they have been sent. After about an hour, success! Seeing a ship grounded up on a red corral reef, they look for a safe way in.

The skeletal network of pink and red coral, outlining a series of tidal pools, presents only a single accessible break large enough for a small boat. The air is brackish here, with the scent of salt and dead fish hanging heavily. The coral tapers to razor-edged, ridge-like points at varying heights, while the tidal pools are slick with algae. In the shallows, wooden planks and flotsam from many shipwrecks are visible in various stages of warp and decay.

A decaying ship lists along the outer edge of the reef, with a large hole torn through its hull like a menacing open maw. The painted name Pride of Aspenthar is just barely visible in flaking remnants of ornate gold script on the ship’s prow.

Map is up, you have to navigate through the corral maze to get to the ship. There are some specific terrain rules as shown on the map that is now up with your character pieces. If you need me to move you, please just indicate your action. The more specific you are with your directions, the better I do. North is always up.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko leads the way through the reef. I know the ocean. Follow me.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Out on the reef Ikari discards his human guise. He leads the group in a short dedication to Daikitsu before they disembark. Caravan Bond with Toshiko and Onna, if they accept. Lets me use swift enlarge and calming touch on them at 30' range.

"You are a sailor, Toshiko? Is that where you learned to drink?"

Ikari wades alongside Toshiko.

"Let's avoid that coral if we can. Onna, I think that wand falls to you - but if it fails you I can provide air for a short time, and I have a potion sponge with a Touch of the Sea spell also."

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Accepted

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Bond is accepted

Pulling her wand and tying it to her wrist, Onna looks around rather uncomfortably. "Uh...is now a good time to mention that I don't know how to swim? Nothing more that fox-paddling really, and I'm not very good at that."

Grr...Touch of the Sea has such a short duration!

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

I’ll try to take a look through and see what Cleric spells Hiiragi should prepare.

Hiiragi nods; ”I am no mermaid myself. Let me see what Daikitsu has to Aid us with these shortcomings!”

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4
Hiiragi wrote:
I’ll try to take a look through and see what Cleric spells Hiiragi should prepare.

I've gone for a Hide from Undead and a Remove Fear. I'm caster level 2 thanks to Magical Knack so Hide from Undead covers two of us. I also brought a scroll with 6 castings of Air Bubble via PP - duration only 1 minute, same as Touch of the Sea.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Yeah, turns out there's not a whole lot for a 1st-level divine caster to help us with a water level!

"Not much," says Hiiragi at a later time, "as it turns out, She is not in the business of sending mortals beneath the waves."

I'll just go with Doom and Air Bubble-- given the short time limit, that will help us all be using the 1 minute duration together instead of having them be somewhat staggered.


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

The group moves up, avoiding the dangerous coral and just slogging through the shallow water.

Many of the shallow tidal pools contain tiny fish and other aquatic creatures that hide within the algae fronds, waiting for the tide to come back in. Shark fins occasionally slice through the deeper water that surrounds the reef, as the hunters scout for easy prey.

Toshiko leads the way confidently, but Ikari sticks close. The two kitsune round the first corner and see some movement to their left out of a deeper pool. The first creature that emerges clacks two large claws together, snipping the air. Another one quickly follows. Both then move towards the group as a third pops out.

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Everyone has an action to prepare or to simply move up to see what is happening, I'll assume the two in the back have been warned of the creatures. Knowledge Nature to ID if you can see the creatures.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi is... unsure of how best to proceed. Water is not her strong suit. Thankfully, it's easy to see the sky in plenty of directions, and she doesn't feel the need to keep her bow at the ready-- there should be plenty of warning if she's going to need it.

Instead, she travels with her flail.

"Claws? Do they seem threatened by us, or can we pass by without instigating?" she asks.


Secret Roll List | Placeholder | Spell Templates | Gallows #3 |

Ikari & Toshiko:
You are not sure of their intentions at this point other than they are definitely coming over to investigate which may or may not involve eating what they find.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Hold one second. Do not attack. They may not be aggressive, only curious.

1 to 50 of 258 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM TOP #9-22: Grotto of the Deluged God (Standard, Foxes) Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.