DM Squirrel Ninja's Reign of Winter Campaign

Game Master The.Squirrel.Ninja

XP Tracker 450/2000

Loot Sheet

Marching Order:

1:Randgrid 2:Jujo 3:Trawets 4:Revekka 5:Ottast

Single File
1-2-3-4-5

Double File
1-3-5
2-4

Scouting Formation
Single
5---1-2-3-4
Double
5---1-3
-----2-4


101 to 150 of 245 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

Otta sighs at the missed arrows; fates hang over me like storm clouds. He heads over at Jujo and the frozen man. The sight of dismembered body parts aren't unusual to someone who hunts and prepares animals, however, this is getting odd.

Otta peers through the ice, examining the frozen man
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Anyone looking at the man encased in the ice can see his eyes moving frantically. His eyes have a unnatural gray film over them, similar to the two fallen undead next to the carriage.

Looking around you notice there is no movement, or even a sound come to think of it. Well, outside of the occasional clump of snow falling from the trees. This is odd to those who spend any time in the wilderness. There are typically birds or hares about even during the normal winter season.

Something is not right with this region.

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujo tried to identify whether this man is an undead or not.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Hearing the wilderness, Jujo tried to remember a story which could explain when such a silence would make sense. Would the presence of a dire predator such as a dragon, or undead or just plain magic cause the absence of creatures?, he wondered.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

He also went over to the two men who had turned into undead and tried to figure out who they were. He made particular notice on what they were wearing, as well as age and how well cared they looked, if their teeth and hair were those of a commoner or whatever else.

Not sure if local or nobility, so rolling both and DM picks the most appropriate roll
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Let's try not to get bitten on the cheek", he said jokingly, immediately regretting it. They don't deserve to be made fun of, he thought. "After we deal with ice man over there, will you help me make sure these men are properly cremated? Not only do I wish to present them the respect for the dead, but it would be safer to prevent spreading the undead curse", the gnome said sincerely. Upon close inspection, one would be able to see a tear forming in his left eye.

Finally, Jujo took the time to search the bodies and the wreckage for documents and maybe some items left behind. Maybe the noble woman had a secret compartment in her carriage, he thought mischievously. He tried to find one.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14


It is easy for all to tell after seeing the two that came out of the carriage that this third one encased in ice is also an undead.

Jujo looks around and would get the sense that the unnatural silence is because of the quick winter. Animals would not have been ready for this freeze, and as the party closed in on the Border Woods you would think that all that did not find shelter froze to death.

IF Calie shared it Jujo would also remember Cali sharing with the group about a giant white furry creature that was sighted this way on the High Ridge. So it could also be due to a predator.

The dead men wear Taldan garb, but they are clearly just guards. No one of any rank or title.

Jujo also looks through the wreckage and finds handmaiden's spare clothing and three courtier's outfits strewn across the ground. He also sees the hacked off frozen arm of the man encased in ice clenching a finely crafted Longsword.

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujo decided to share his thoughts. He said "Well, this one's clearly undead too, but he seems to have owned a very nice crafted sword. Maybe one of you would like to pick it up and take it back to his family?" The fact that he didn't offer himself for the job gave the impression that he had no intention to return it to his family.

He continued, "Has any of you noticed how quiet it is? Shouldn't there be more wildlife around? If you ask me, I think the animals just weren't ready for the cold. Or maybe they were unfortunate enough to meet the creature that ate farmer Dansby's crop."

"From what I've heard from Taldan heraldry, these guards were not of high rank or title, just unfortunate.", he said now looking at the frozen undead. He examined it, trying to figure out if that particular one was of any distinguished importance.

Knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Knowledge nobility: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Going through the wreckage, Jujo lifted the handmaiden's clothing and said "This wouldn't fit me, but it could any of you two", he taunted the two warrior women. "Have any of you dreamed of dressing like a Taldan courtier? Now's your chance", he sounded bored.

He returned to the frozen undead and said "So, shall we melt the ice around his head, chop if off, then melt the rest? I would still like to cremate the three of them", he finished.


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

"This one is undead too?
Otta regards the iceblock of a man- looking into the twitching eyes to find a spark of life. When Jujo insists that it is dead he pulls out his axe and methodically hacks away at the upper part of the block.

Otta will hack through the iceblock to lop off the head of the zombie.
Upon finishing the grizzly deed he will pick through the debris and exploring the carriages.
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"Let us take what is useful and move on. Pharasma knows what the fates have prepared..."


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

"It's always been a dream of mine, but I think I'll pass on the clothes," Calie tells the gnome earnestly, either not knowingly or subconscious denying Jujo's obvious sarcasm.

Though still weak from the battle, Calie still had enough energy and presence of mind to haul the bodies around the carriage into a side by side line. The thought of it was terrible, but with a necromancer likely on the loose it seemed wise to heed Jujo's advice and burn the bodies lest they rise again as undead. She also gathered some nearby sticks and logs as well.

"Burning them would the wise, yes," she says as she drops the firewood on to the corpses. "We likely have a necromancer in these woods if the zombies are any indication."

Calie made a prayer to Shelyn and one to Pharasma before she finally brought out her flint and steel and made a spark. There was no telling how long it would take for a fire to the consume the bodies with the cold as severe as it was, but it seemed to be their best option given the circumstances.


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Trawets pulls out a potion and hands it to Calie, "Here, drink this it will help. I only have one left. I don't know how far we will make it without any healing abilities. Once these are burned let's look for a trail and see if we can follow the ambushers."


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

Otta is prepared to object to a pyre for the bodies, however after Calie suggests a prayer to Pharasma he joins her in silent reverence.

He helps build the fire with some of the broken pieces of the cart.
"This is now way for anyone to go- forced to eat the flesh of the living, rabid out of your mind."

I'm thinking we're resting for a couple of hours while the pyre burns down? In which case, as the GM has said, we could roll for heal checks instead of Trawets having to use a potion.


LG Female Half-elf Fighter (viking) 1 | HP: 3/14 | AC: 19, t: 12, ff:17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: -1 | Init: +2, Perc: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

"Some rest would certainly do us some good while we wait," Randgríðr says, furtively glancing at Calie's wounds. Seeing Trawets pass the woman a potion seems to calm her just a bit, but her nature can't help but get the better of her. "I wish I were any good at patching up wounds, but unfortunately it is a skill I never took enough time to learn. "

A necromancer out here? Near Heldren? Why would someone so terrible be out in a place like this?


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

Calie shook her in solemn agreement with Otto. Being put to the pyre in such a way and for such reasons was tragedy, one that Calie intended to make right by ending whatever threat that caused the massacre set before her.

Her frown though turned into a slight, if still pained, smile when she hears Grida's self-deprecating complaints."Same here. I'm grateful for Trawets hospitality, but I'd prefer that we not waste a potion for my sake. After all, our quest has just begun!"

Thinking better of it just than, Calie made a snap decision. "Thank you Trawets, but I think it would actually be best that you keep this potion for now," she says as she returns the elixir. "I'm injured, yes, but I could recover on my own if given some time to heal and some aid."

The paladin looked around at the others, her eyes eventually setting on Otto. "Sir Otto. Do you think you can offer some healing assistance as a ranger? I'd be quite thankful."

Waiting a few hours sounds better that blowing a potion this early. I'm for it.


Though it takes a bit of work, Ottast is able to break enough of the ice away around the head of the frozen man before swiftly lopping it off.

Does Ottast take time to fully cut out the encased man? If so...:

With what seems like an hour of hard work you are able to break free the man from his icy tomb. He does not have much on his person except a breastplate with the heraldry of Taldor emblazoned on it, and his finely crafted Masterwork Longsword.

The group is able to form a makeshift pyre to burn the bodies of the two/tree slain Taldan men. There is enough wood from the wreckage of the first carriage. It doesn't take long before the fire begins to roar. The heat from the flames is welcoming in the frozen air around you, yet the stench of burning flesh fills your nose the closer you get.

K-Nature or Survival DC12:

You get the sense that the flames, and the warmth it provides, could be attractive to other things that roams these woods.

What does the party want to do? Would you like a short rest? You could try a Heal check on the injured Calie and see if you are able to heal her a little bit. But, you must have ranks in heal to try this homebrew bonus.


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

Otta will methodically cut through the ice and the zombie's head, and retrieve the sword but not spend time on the body itself. Does anyone want a masterwork sword, otherwise Otta will hang onto it. ?

This cut here... and this tendon there... this rabid creature is like the animals I hunt, but this- must- be - put- down.
With a final hacking swing of his axe the frozen head is lopped off.

survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Pharasma damn this snow- let's get the fire going, I don't much like the cold.

If no one has heal skill then let's burn the pot and keep going, otherwise have a minor rest then move one. If no one has heal then I'll take ranks next level.

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Knowledge nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Jujo watched a little relieved that the undead have been burned. However, something nibbled at his mind. With a serious face, he commented "Once I've heard in a children's horror story of a cold forest and whenever little Marige lighted her fire to keep warm, creatures in the forest were drawn to her. I believe there is some truth in that story. If we linger here too long, we may end up hosting a wild party." He waited to see if anyone gets his pun. At least a chuckle would make him feel better, he particularly didn't like sad moods.

Thinking forward, he said "I've once seen a different kind of story teller. They are men and women of the wild, able to track exactly what happened in a scene and tell the story of what had transpired there. Ottast, would you perhaps be one of those type of trackers? Maybe we can back track the attacker of the caravan?"


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

The Gnome's pun soars over his head however he understands meaning of his words and curses himself for not realising such an obvious danger in lighting the fires.

By the fates, how did I not think that a fire might attract other creatures His swallows his failure, warding himself with the sign of Parasma and draws himself up tall;
"Yes, I can track many creatures through the wild- though I am not so used to snow yet. But let us see what can be found..."

Otta turns his back on the fire and pads through the snow, looking for signs of the attackers.
survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
+8 if the attackers were humanoid

flavour:
I thought there might be hand sign or gesture (similar to when Catholics cross themselves) for the gods of pathfinder, so that's what Otta does when he wards himself. Flavour ward.


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Trawets snorts in derision at the gnome and says "That is a good idea, were I of any use tracking I would assist. There must be some sort of path the attacks took and if there was snow on the ground we should be able to follow where they went."


17 Sarenith, 4713. Mid-Morning
Massacre Site

The party looks around and can easily see a snowy trail that leads between a copse of trees and over a snowy plain towards the Border Woods. As you move through the trees it seems that you hit almost an invisible wall and as you cross through the temperature drops significantly. The snow here is deep and cuts your range of movement in half. Jujo suffers the most in the deep snow unless aided by being carried or time taken to further pack or clear the snow. Everyone's line of sight is also cut in half due to the snowfall.

17 Sarenith, 4713. Noontime

A few hours of hard traveling have passed. Those who have traveled these woods before know generally where you are, and instead of almost making it to where the High Sentinel Lodge is located you are only about a quarter of the way there into the woods. Your bodies are sore from fighting the snow, cold, and wind. Thankfully the cold weather gear was a saving grace.

You have all entered into the full expanse of the Border Wood and the trail passes through a small clearing among the taller trees before continuing uphill and out of sight. Off to the side you see a chest buried halfway in the snow. Looking at the size of it, you know that had you been carrying a chest like that this far in the snow you would discard it also. You all can partially see the Taldan heraldry protruding from the snow.

This clearing offers a level area to rest if the party needs it.

DMs Stuff:

Trawets: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Ottast: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Randgríðr: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Calie: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Jujo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
X: 1d100 ⇒ 32

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Feeling the cold dramatically increase, Jujopotamous made sure his cold weather outfit was properly wrapped around him. Despite the discomfort, it somehow felt a little nostalgic.

Later, in the woods, Jujo suggested the party stopped for some rest and fire. In fact, he wanted to check the contents of the chest.

If group stops to rest:

The gnome checked if the chest was locked. If it wasn't he opened it to see the contents, but if it was, he tried to unlock it to open it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Meh...

He continued trying to open it until he did.

Take 20


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

Don't worry about the Heal, Otta. I took the GM's opportunity to swap some gear for pots.

Potion of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"Oh, I heard of that one," Calie cheerfully tells the gnome as they prepared to make their way from the massacre site. Her parents had told her the tale back when she was a child. It was one of the last bedtime tales they ever told her before they were killed, in fact. Calie's mind didn't linger on that factoid for long though, and instead focused on the positives of the childhood memory. The warmth of that memory made the increasingly more arduous chill slightly more bearable as they moved deeper into the woods.

As Calie and the rest of the group followed Otta, the paladin took the opportunity to drink one of her healing potions. Almost immediately, she felt its curative magics heal her bruised body, numbing her pain and clearing bruises. "Ahhh. Feeling much better," she says as she flexes her healed muscles. Now healed, Calie wagered she could travel for a bit longer, even through the snow, but she wanted to know the rest of the group's thoughts on the matter, especially in light of the newly discovered chest. "Should we rest for a bit here? We've been marching for quite a while now and I think Jujo could use some time trying to break that chest's lock."


LG Female Half-elf Fighter (viking) 1 | HP: 3/14 | AC: 19, t: 12, ff:17 | F: +4, R: +2, W: -1 | Init: +2, Perc: +1 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Worshipers of Pharasma trace the spiral over their chest as a sort of ward, iirc.

"If folk are getting tired rest may be a good idea," Randgríðr says, taking a moment to consider her own condition. "I'm used to long days of keeping watch, so I can keep on eye out if you want to take a break. That chest looks like it may harbor some more information about the people who were coming here."

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujopotamous winces at Randgríðr's words. "Yes... Ahem... This is why I mean to open it. There's no curiosity involved, just plain objective intelligence gathering", he says, clearly lying.


17 Sarenith, 4713. Noontime

The area might level area that is a "clearing," but it is still heavily effected by the snow, wind, and cold. To take advantage of a break, some kind of makeshift shelter would be needed.

Jujo heads off to the side where the chest is to begin working on unlocking it, unfortunately he is unsuccessful. Frustrated with the weather around him, he sits back and ponders the lock.

The sound of falling snow around Jujo causes him to look up. Pouncing from above is a big spider that is covered n tufts of stiff white hair and has eight pale blue eyes. Its huge fangs are tucked beneath its horrible head. As it lands on top of Jujo and the chest those fangs flash out and stab Jujo in the chest.

Everyone hears what is going on and turn to look and sees the big spider retracting its fangs from Jujo. It lets out a hiss as it climbs back up the tree, roughly 20 feet.

Jujo clenches his chest where he was bitten and falls to the ground bleeding. Holding where the blood is coming out his hands start to contort as the skin and muscles in his body begin to lose their elasticity. Jujo takes 8 damage, and 3 dex damage.

As the spider perches back into the tree the party swings into full action.

Initiative
Spider
Otast
Trawets
Jujo
Randgríðr
Carlie

One last fun note. Due to the weather conditions, there is a -4 penalty on perception checks and ranged attacks.

@ALL you are up!

DMs Stuff:

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
PSN: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Jujo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Randgríðr: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Carlie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Ottast: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Trawets: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
X: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Trawets looks up and sees the results of the spider attack. He trudges forward to get in range of his spell (25 ft.) and sends a ray of fire at the spider. This thing may be immune to cold so I'll change this to fire.

Ray of frost (Touch): 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 4 = 10 Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

At the sound of the scuttling Otta swings around to see the creature toss the limp gnome away. As the spider retreats up the tree he notches an arrow and lets loose, the bolt piercing the air.

If able, Otta will move to 30 feet from the spider for PBS. In which case; +1 to attack and damage. If the spider is 20ft up a tree then Otta needs to be 22 feet from the base of the tree (Pythagoras maths)

attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 4 = 15
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujo lets out a high pitched yell when he's bitten. Getting his thoughts in order, he gets up and focuses on his Act, which usually comes in handy in this. It was also an attempt to keep his spirits high.

"Oh look, mama, a tiny spider! How fortunate that I have my magic rainbow to help!", he says, acting like a child. He finishes his performance with a motion as if he was throwing the contents of a jug at the spider. To those close enough to see, he just throws some blue, red and yellow powder up into the air. Despite the make believe, a rainbow actually forms from the colored powder engulfing the spider.

Move: Get up. Standard: Cast Color Spray. DC 15.

If the 15 feet range doesn't hit it, move closer. Else, move away after the spell, as much as I can.

"Help me, he says loudly to the others"


It is 20 feet up, range on color spray is 15. It would hit him because you are in the first 5 of that 20 feet up.

Its blue eyes begin to daze over, but independently blink and shakes off the Color Spray.

DMs Stuff:

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
S: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

@party: FYI, I might be deaded after next pounce.

@DM: Did I get a Fort save which you rolled for that poison? 3 Dex really hurts


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

Calie swung around to see a monstrosity of a spider sink its fangs into Jujo's flesh and shrink back into the treetops. Though shocked by the sudden attack, the paladin's training kicked almost instantaneously. Running to the gnome's side, Calie grabbed at her other remaining potion and handed it to Jujo without a word, her eyes focused on the spider above.

Move Action: Moving to where Jujo is.
Move Action: Retrieving potion and handing it to Jujo.


@Jujo yes you did. it is in the DMs Stuff tab if you would like to take a look. rolled a 6+3=9. Yeah I know its no fun. But it wasn't max?

@Calie if you have a free hand would allow you to draw out a potion as part of your move action and handing it to Jujo. You can take a standard action still if you'd like. it is still 20 ft up in the tree.


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

@GM If that's the case than Calie will use the opportunity to Ready an action. She'll draw her glaive and attack the snow spider if gets in melee range with her or Jujo.

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Unlucky roll then. I'm not opening the DM stuff spoilers since it's... well.... DM stuff XD


Ottast fires an arrow that strikes the spider and its attention moves from its bitten pray to the man with a bow.

Randgríðr moves up with her Halberd in one hand and her shield in the other. She uses her shield to cover Jujo.

With an impressive Leap, the spider jumps from the tree over the party and lands behind Ottast. It skitters on the snow as it lashes out with a bite towards Ottast, but misses.

Starting from the tree and going out we have Jujo Randgríðr and Carlie are by the tree. Then ottast, the spider and finally Trawets.

Initiative
Spider
Otast
Trawets
Jujo
Randgríðr
Carlie

@All you're up!

DMs Stuff:

Leap: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (12) + 28 = 40
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
PSM: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


@Ottast Sorry I did not respond to you. You were within the 30-Feet and received the +1 attack/DMG


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Trawets fires another ray of fire at the spider.

Ray of frost (Touch, Fire): 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 4 = 17 Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Ray of frost (Touch, Fire) Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 4 = 10 Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Did the previous ray hit the spider?

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

The gnome artist trustfully takes the potion from Calie and chugs it deeply.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

His body didn't respond well, however he drew his crossbow still.

Standard: drink pot. Move: draw crossbow

For the love of Cayden Cailean, my rolls this game...


Taking a step or two back from the spider, Trawets blast a Ray of Fire at the spider that stands between him and the group. The hit lands, but not as "critically" as he might of wished for. The flames singe the tufts of hair on the spiders abdomen. The spider shivers as it starts to turn to face Trawets.

@Trawets The first RoF did not hit with a 10.

@Ottast, Randgríðr, Carlie you're up!


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

Seeing Jujo still on shaking feet despite her potion, Calie gave the gnome a "Hold steady," before her thoughts turned back to the snow spider. The paladin had prepared for the spider to drop down and attack them, but it seemed like the creature preferred to stay above and out of reach of her glaive.

With no other recourse, Calie grabbed at the shortbow strapped to her back and notched an arrow. With her arrow readied and her eyes on the eight-legged target above her, Calie loosed the projectile.

Move Action: Draw Shortbow
Standard Action: Attack Giant Snow Spider

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Unfortunately, the arrow missed its target entirely, whizzing past the giant spider in the treetops.


Calie Choros wrote:

Seeing Jujo still on shaking feet despite her potion, Calie gave the gnome a "Hold steady," before her thoughts turned back to the snow spider. The paladin had prepared for the spider to drop down and attack them, but it seemed like the creature preferred to stay above and out of reach of her glaive.

@Calie if I wasn't clear enough, the spider is indeed on the ground between Ottast and Trawets. I think you might have missed that post. Feel free to adjust if you did miss that it jumped to the ground.

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

There's still the -4 penalty due to poor visibility also =/


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

Ah, my bad. Well, if that's the case than you can forgot about my earlier post.

Calie dashed to towards the snow spider with her glaive in hand. With a motivated thrust, she aimed the weapon at the pale beast using the full length of its reach.

Move Action: Moving towards spider and giving within 5 ft of it so I can hit it within reach range.
Standard Action: Attacking with glaive.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

As the shaft sinks into the spider, it springs over his head and he turns swiftly. "I seem to have got the creature's attention!"

To get out of reach of the spider Otta takes a 5ft step away and will shoot another arrow at it. Hopefully, the 5ft step allows him to avoid aoo from shooting while in melee?

damage: 1d20 - 4 + 5 ⇒ (13) - 4 + 5 = 14
attack: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Randgríðr moves up Halberd and shield in hand, leaving Jujo behind to attack the snow spider. She spider skitters to the side as Randgríðr's attack misses.
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
DMG: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The snow spider sees its being closed in and moves to the side rounding in on Randgríðr before attacking out. Fortunately Randgríðr swings her shield in the way of the the bite of of this large sized spider.

Initiative
Spider
Otast
Trawets
Jujo
Randgríðr
Carlie

@All you're up!

DMs Stuff:

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
PSN: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Jujo sees that everyone was surrounding the spider, but it was best if they could deal with it sooner rather than later. He knew how to inspire others with his Act, so he started. "I can only imagine the incredible play this will yield. Maybe I will play Calie the defender, shield and glaive in hand", he pretended to be on his guard, "or Randgríðr the might, Ottast the guardian or Trawets the mystic", he continued changing stances to pretend to be one of them epically fighting. "The day a sneaky and dangerous giant spider attacked them and they prevailed!", he finished in an excited shout!

Inspire courage +1. Everyone has +1/+1 til my next round.


LN Human, Ranger (Stormwalker) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | I: +3 | P: +6*,

A third arrow is loosed quickly...
attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 4 + 1 = 8
... but the snow obscures Otta's vision and the bolt thunks into the snow.

"Fates damn me" he snarls in disgust- "this snow is causing all sorts of havoc


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Trawets carefully backs away from the spider. "I don't think I'm supposed to be in the front line!"


@Trawets you are still able to attack if you'd like and be free from an AoO

@Randgríðr, Carlie you're up


Male Human Wizard 1| AC 15 T 11 FF 14| HP 8/8 | F +1 R +3 W +2 | Init +1 | Perc +7

Once free of attack Trawets throws a ray of frost at the spider, curious if it will damage it.

Ray of frost: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 1 = 15 Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


Female LG Human Paladin | HP: 11/12 | AC: 17, T: 13, FF: 14 | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Smite Evil (1/day, +2 Attack and AC, +1 Damage)| Spells:
Spoiler:
At Will—Detect Evil
|Active Conditions: None

With the sound of Jujopotamous's inspiring words invigorating her, Calie tried to strike at the spider with her glaive once more.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 1 = 11


@Calie the -4 is only for ranged attacks.

17 Sarenith, 4713. Noontime

Randgríðr move up along side Calie, the two strike at the large snow spider one with glaive other with halberd. Both deal grievous wounds to the spider and it tries to slink away. Unfortunately it was dealt a lethal blow and it crumples up and dies.

Looking around the group doesn't see anything else moving within their eye sight... Snow blinding does hinder that. The only sounds they hear is that of their breaths after the throws of battle and the snow falling in clumps from the trees around them.

Eventually the spider next to them eventually stops twitching and dies.

What does the party do?

DC 12 K-Nature:
You know that the Snow Spider has a gland that produces a potent poison that can damage ones Dexterity. A person could harvest the gland and use that to make a poison or an antitoxin to remove the effects of the poison. Survival check would be needed.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17
DMG: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Bard (Prankster archetype) 1 | HP: 4/10 | AC: 16, T: 12, FF: 15 | CMB: -2, CMD: 9 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +1 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +2 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: -1, SM: -1 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 5/7 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: -1 Dex

Know Nat: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

101 to 150 of 245 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Squirrel Ninja's Reign of Winter All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.