GM Dennis - PF2 #1-04 Bandits of Immenwood (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

MAPS & HANDOUTS


1 to 50 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

Please ninja-dot (dot in then delete your post) here to add this campaign to your Campaigns page.

Horizon Hunters

CG Woodland Elf Ranger 1 | Animal Companion | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

An urgent knock on your door in the wee hours of the morning reveals a young messenger from the Grand Lodge, bearing a summons from Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin. After quickly gathering your gear, you meet at the Grand Lodge where you are shown directly into his private office to find him examining a list of items with the Grand Lodge's head archivist, Zarta Dralneen.

Ambrus Valsin seems deep in thought, a common appearance for the stoic Steward of Absalom’s Grand Lodge. “Most of you know Zarta Dralneen, I assume?” Valsin begins, nodding to the woman. “She’s recently accepted an appointment as head archivist of the Grand Lodge, so you’ll understand her interest in this assignment shortly.” The venture-captain gestures to a map of Absalom and then the Isle of Kortos hanging on the wall behind his desk. “You’re heading to Otari, along the southern coast between here and Diobel. One of our transport vessels, a barque called Durvin’s Query, foundered just outside the harbor there a few days ago. It was laden with the artifacts collected from a site in the Mwangi Expanse. The Pathfinders returning on the ship collected the most valuable cargo but were forced to leave the rest. They made their way to Otari and sent word of their misfortunes to the Grand Lodge. Based on their report, I need you to go, pick up the material immediately, and bring it back safely to the Grand Lodge.” Zarta Dralneen smoothly takes up the narrative. “Of course, it’s not quite as simple as that,” she smiles. “The team aboard Durvin’s Query encountered a sequence of extremely… unusual events as they returned home. Bad luck plagued them the entire trip, and they ran into more than the usual number of oceanic hazards. I suspect that something they picked up in the Expanse was the source of their extreme bad luck, and I’m eager to find out just what it is.”

Valsin slides a weather-stained list across his desk. “As you may know, salvage belongs to the finder, and so we couldn’t just leave the items in the shipwreck for anyone to find. I’ve already contacted an old friend in Otari, a former Pathfinder by the name of Khoumrock Blackthane, to be your advance agent. Khoumrock’s team has gone to the wreck site to collect everything that was left behind—here’s the list. By the time you arrive in Otari, he’ll have it fully packed for you. You’ll be sailing there for speed, but given the experience the previous team had at sea, we feel the safest method of transport back is overland, through the Immenwood and along the High Coast Road.” Valsin’s face turns grim. “Now, I know this might sound
like a less-than-glamorous assignment, playing caravan guard for a couple of days, but it’s important. That material came from an important site, and the string of bad luck the original team had means there’s something in there that isn’t what it seems. Be on your guard, and make sure nothing goes missing on the way back. Any questions?”

Now’s your chance to ask questions. I’ve also added the first handout to the Maps & Handouts deck, linked at the top of the page and in my tagline as ‘Bandits of Immenwood’.

Also, there is information that can be recalled using Nature, Religion, or Society. I’ll make the rolls in secret, so if you would like me to roll one or more for you, please say so and tell me your modifier.

Envoy's Alliance

Focus Points 1/1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Saves 4/5/5 | Male Human Bard (Level 1) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/2 | Perception +5

Emmanuel's Religion +3, Society +3.

Emmanuel hears a knock on the door. He carefully slips out of the bed, pulls up his pants, and leaves his partner asleep as he sneaks to the door. He frowns as he reads the summons. "Concert was tomorrow, too... I'll have to cancel."

The next day a blonde human man arrives at the Grand Lodge. A whip, longsword and lute are strapped to his side. "Greetings, everyone! I'm Emmanuel. You can call me Manny for short." He gives everyone a hearty handshake.

He turns to the venture-captain. "Well, this is the Pathfinder life. Besides, I've never seen Otari before. I can't wait to meet the local clientele."

Grand Archive

Male LN Rock Dwarf Fury Barbarian 1| HP 24/24| AC 17| F+7 (+9 to DC against Shove or Trip., +9 vs spells or effects to knock you prone.) R+3 (+5 to DC against attempts to Shove or Trip you., +5 vs spells or effects to knock you prone.) W +7| Perc +7 darkvision| speed:20 feet| Active Conditions: None

Nature and Religion are +2

After being awaken Brogag reads the summons.
”Me axe ready for a mission.” he carefully gathers his things. He slings his shield on his back and grabs his waraxe.

A dwarf wearing a chain shirt , carrying a waraxe walks in. Red beard down past his chin and a stout hardy figure he has. Metal shield carried on his back carries numerous scratches from past battles.

Brogag marvels at the architecture. ”Be fine craftsman buildin’ dis place.”

Brogag receives the handshake from Emmanuel. ”Ya handshake be needin’ som work.” he takes a seat.

”Me name is Brogag Warfell. Ya call me Brogag. Ya be losin’ ya artifacts now and wantin’ is to go get em. If ther heds to be smashed then I be the dwarf for da job.”

Grand Archive

CG Strong-Blooded Dwarf Monk 2 | HP 36/36 | AC 16 (20 w/Stance) | F +9 R +6 W +8 | P + 6 | Speed 20' | Class DC 18 | Conditions:

Nature +7, Religion +7, Society +5

Guntram arrives in the Lodge quietly. A dwarf, he has long, slightly unkempt red hair and beard in which, here and there, a small twig in entwined. He nods to those gathered. Greetings folks. Mah nam is Guntram Falk.

He listens quietly as Valsin describes the mission. Whit kin' ay unusual events?

Envoy's Alliance

Focus Points 1/1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Saves 4/5/5 | Male Human Bard (Level 1) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/2 | Perception +5
Brogag Warfell wrote:
Brogag receives the handshake from Emmanuel. ”Ya handshake be needin’ som work.” he takes a seat.

"Right. My hands will need some work, too..." Manny rubs his hand, hoping no bruises form.

Grand Lodge

Guntram Falk wrote:
He listens quietly as Valsin describes the mission. Whit kin' ay unusual events?

Ambrus counts off the occurrences on his fingers. “Unfavorable winds. Constant storms. Hull covered with barnacles—repeatedly. Struck by lightning—repeatedly. Clots of seaweed that blocked passage. The crew also had to make several detours to avoid sea creatures of unusual size. The team now has the dubious distinction of providing the first confirmed sighting of a kraken this close to Absalom in almost two decades.”

Grand Archive

Male LN Rock Dwarf Fury Barbarian 1| HP 24/24| AC 17| F+7 (+9 to DC against Shove or Trip., +9 vs spells or effects to knock you prone.) R+3 (+5 to DC against attempts to Shove or Trip you., +5 vs spells or effects to knock you prone.) W +7| Perc +7 darkvision| speed:20 feet| Active Conditions: None

”Kraken.” Brogag taps the handle of his waraxe on the ground.

”Ain’t never seen one of dem things. Dis wil be an adventure fur sure.”

Grand Archive

CG Strong-Blooded Dwarf Monk 2 | HP 36/36 | AC 16 (20 w/Stance) | F +9 R +6 W +8 | P + 6 | Speed 20' | Class DC 18 | Conditions:

Guntram nods thoughtfully. That's certainly a number ay events, mony ay them unusual. He picks a twig out of his beard and drops it on the floor. Ah don't care abit glamoor. If thes is whit th' society needs, 'en aam happy ta help. Whit say th' rest ay ye?

Horizon Hunters

CG Woodland Elf Ranger 1 | Animal Companion | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Nature +5

An elf silently listens to the briefing, a white hawk perched on his right shoulder. After the Zarta's explanation of the mission, the elf tries to remember the said region's geography.

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

The door to the briefing room bangs open and in strides Brondulf Iarlsson, wearing his hide armor and carrying his always present axe and halberd.

"Oh for F$#@'S sake, Valsin!" bellows the huge Ulfen man. "What is with the g#+*+#n early morning briefings? Is this a Squishy Narcissists Society thing? Every 'extremely important' briefing has to happen in the wee hours?"

He wipes his mouth of some ale and continues complaining, loudly, "I was just about to get some shut eye and yer man finds me, oh hello there." He stops midcomplaint when he sees Zarta Dralneen.

"Ya look sweet, but evil. Chelaxian for sure. <ptew>"

He drops his slightly swaying frame into whatever Ambrus has that works as a chair. He listens to the 'extremely important' briefing.

"Is this what counts as a f~%$ing promotion? I go from guarding yer wee little dirt diggers, to guarding the s&$+e they dug up? Great."

When Blackthane is mentioned, Bron snorts. "What do I get to do when Blackthane has 'lost' some of the goods? One finger per lost item until he coughs 'em up?"

"And who's this B. Alysandro who signed the manifest?"

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

Society +5

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

Bron scans the other assembled Pathfinders.

"Skald, leafy dwarf, leafy elf, ah finally, a killer amongst the sheep," he says when his view alights on Brogag. "Dwarf, we are gonna make a great f&*#ing team. You hit 'em low, I hit 'em high. They won't know what hit 'em!"

He turns back to Valsin and Zarta. "Who is doing the cartin and liftin once we get this pile of 'terribly important historical finds' from yer buddy Blackthane? Cuz it sure has hell ain't gonna be me!"

Dark Archive

"Ahem. Yes, well, wasn't that pleasant. I think there may even have been a question in there somewhere."

Grand Lodge

"Hmph. That's enough of that, agent. You've a job to do." Valsin snaps his fingers and a clerk appears in the doorway. "Drumknott," Valsin addresses the man, "would you please fetch some coffee for our friend here? Black, by my guess. He has some sobering to do."

He shuffles some papers on his desk, then continues. "As for your questions: Alysandro is the captain of the Durven's Query. Who else would sign the ship's manifest? And if there is carting or lifting to be done after meeting with Mr. Blackthane, then I expect you to take care of it. Pathfinders do what needs doing. Now, does anyone else have any questions?"

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

”Coffee? Coffee? That Garundi bean swill? Better a bit o hair of the dog at this point.”

”Look, Valsin. What about Blackthane and lost cargo? How well do you know this bloke? As fer yer bit of Pathfinder rah rah rah, yer Narcissists R Us may ‘do whatever it takes’ but I ain’t part a’ yer fun club of fame-hunting, Chronicle-licking, attention whores. I just guard their sorry backsides and collect muh fee when the dust settles and the blood stops flowin.”

It appears that the Ulfen warrior has yet to internalize the Pathfinder Society ethos, despite having associated with the Society for a bit now.

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

I dig that you’re posting separate characters’ responses using separate profiles!

Envoy's Alliance

Focus Points 1/1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Saves 4/5/5 | Male Human Bard (Level 1) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/2 | Perception +5

"Normally I'm busy in the early mornings, but..." he shrugs. "Brondulf is rough around the edges, but he'll keep us very safe."

"I don't have other questions." He pulls out a notebook and writes some more lyrics about the surliest dwarf he's ever met.

Horizon Hunters

CN Twilight Halfling Monk (Rogue Archeytpe 2 | 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: --- HP 26/26 | AC 20 | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Perc +6 (low-light vision)| Stealth +8 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Arcana +2, Athletics +3, Craft+2, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Halfling Lore +5, Intim +7, Lore +2, Med +5, Nature +3, Occult+2, Perform +4, Religion +6, Society +5, Survival +6, Theivery +8, Underworld L +5

Having snuck in behind the boisterous human, the portly halfling, Ott Underhand, is pleased to have the brute standing between himself and the Chelaxian. Scanning the room, he rubs his belly, which is rather rotund for a being of his size, with an expectant expression.

However, it soon turns dour. "I thought there'd at least be breakfast 'ere, I did," mutters the Halfling.

Listening to the account of the briefing, he ponders what useful information he may already possess.
Nature +2, Religion +5, or Society +6 (Both Religion & Society are trained)

Ott gives a glance at the manifest and remarks, "Quite an 'aul there. Can see why ya call'd in a few 'eavy lifters." He wags a fat finger in the direction of the two dwarfs and the two humans. However, once he catches a glance at the bard, he keeps it wagging just as to the Brondulf and the dwarves.

"Escortin' a bunch 'f artifacts 'nd 'eirlooms through the 'mmenwood, eh?" Ott says with a grin. "Don't sound too diff'cult. The pointy-eared one can lead us through the woods, I'd reckon."

"As for them issues of luck, well, I can see why ya bro't in ole Ott, 'ere. Why I've been makin' luck all me life!" he declares, his grin now broading into a wide smile. "Trust me, Ole Ott won't let a one of ya perish to no Krakon on this mission. You've got Ole Ott's guarantee!"

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]
Ott Underhand wrote:

"Trust me, Ole Ott won't let a one of ya perish to no Krakon on this mission. You've got Ole Ott's guarantee!"

"Ha! Yer a f~+#in comedian! I love it! Maybe this 'guard a bunch a s##@e' mission won't be completely boring," says Bron, with a slap on his knee. "I should use that when I advertise my services. 'Guaranteed no deaths due to sea monsters while inland. Ha!'"

"I'm Bron, by the way. I'm needin' food. Whattabout you, halfling?" he says, extending a hand, slightly sticky with dried ale.

Horizon Hunters

CN Twilight Halfling Monk (Rogue Archeytpe 2 | 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: --- HP 26/26 | AC 20 | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Perc +6 (low-light vision)| Stealth +8 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +8, Arcana +2, Athletics +3, Craft+2, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Halfling Lore +5, Intim +7, Lore +2, Med +5, Nature +3, Occult+2, Perform +4, Religion +6, Society +5, Survival +6, Theivery +8, Underworld L +5

A glance down at the human's large, sticky hand causes Ott to hesitate with a response for a moment. He then reaches out a grabs the hand and gives it as firm a handshake as the halfling can manage.

"The name's, Ott." says the rotund Pathfinder, now attempting to shake the human's hand rather vigorously. "Ott Underhand." he repeats. "And you, good sir, Bron, got quite the tactical mind on y' head, you do. Why, Ole Ott's never been 'cused of takin' a band of 'venturers out inta danger without first bein' certain all 're properly provisioned, you know?"

"As for the use of advertisin' slogans, why your quite welcome to use it! As well as whatever other insightful little nuggets of thought may tumble out of Ott's ole noggin'." he offers, though he quickly drops the handshake and promptly takes a few steps backward. "Jus' needin' first to settle up the small matter of compensation, is all. Nothin' much, really. Jus' a bit of coppers, Why, none too many."

The hand once used to grip the adventurer's hand in a shake now extends openly awaiting the deposit of a few coins. Attached to the outstretched hand, the halfling's thumb begins twitching repeatedly. What first seems like a nervous habit, the twitch persists, now appearing as more of an indicator as to precisely where upon the palm a number of coins should now be placed.

Grand Lodge

"Alright, enough horsing around. It's time you got to your ship, Pathfinders!" Valsin says. Turning to Brondulf, he answers one last questions. "Blackthane is a friend of mine, and a retired Pathfinder agent. I trust him. All he's been asked to do is gather the materials from the wreck and keep them safe until you arrive to bring them back."

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

What you already know (secret roll results):

  • Gozreh is the Wind and the Waves, a dualistic entity that embodies the peaceful breeze as well as nature’s fury. Gozren priests often use the natural environment as weapon or shield, and they summon aquatic monsters to do their bidding.

  • The Storm Kindlers were fanatical worshippers of Gozreh, who sought to create more storms like the Eye of Abendego, creating artifacts to concentrate the natural power of the weather to intense levels. Any of their artifacts are likely related to the sea or sea creatures.

  • Otari is a small port town situated where the road skirts the Immenwood. About halfway between the bustling metropolis of Absalom and the outport of Diobel, it provides access to most modern luxuries without the hustle and bustle of life in Absalom.

  • The Immenwood's lumber helped to make Absalom a major power in its early years. The central forest around Otari is dense and overgrown, with even the paths covered by an intertwined canopy of branches. You've heard rumors of many dangers in that wood, from bandits and highwaymen, to the ghosts of animals killed by logging operations demanding the trees be replanted.

  • Grand Archive

    Male LN Rock Dwarf Fury Barbarian 1| HP 24/24| AC 17| F+7 (+9 to DC against Shove or Trip., +9 vs spells or effects to knock you prone.) R+3 (+5 to DC against attempts to Shove or Trip you., +5 vs spells or effects to knock you prone.) W +7| Perc +7 darkvision| speed:20 feet| Active Conditions: None

    Brogag glances at Brondulf. ”Here me was thinkin’ me be smashin’ all da heds by me lonesom. Me be likin’ yer spirit.”

    Brogag bangs his axe handle on the ground. ”De rest of ya stay behind Brondulf and me. We smashin’ heds and ye be doin’ the talkin’.”

    ”Brondulf. We be grabin’ som pints of ale after.”Brogag perks up at the thought of drinking with a fellow dwarf after the mission is complete.

    Dark Archive

    Brondulf, Guntram, and Brogag:
    Zarta follows you out of the office and asks to have a quick word before you leave.

    “It’s cute to see Ambrus so concerned about your welfare… but he’s right,” Zarta begins. “Dealing with this sort of situation is exactly why the Grand Archive was created. We have to retrieve whatever caused this bad luck, so it can be studied and understood. Normally, Gorm Greathammer would be the one to discuss this with you, but he is rather preoccupied with… well, he’s not able to be here himself. Just make sure you come back with everything from the wreck. We don’t yet know if it’s a single item, or some combination of items, that is the cause. Even if the cause is a single item, the context provided by the other relics, and especially the charts and notes collected by the team, are vital to our understanding of this phenomenon. Make sure everything is brought back here intact.”

    Grand Lodge

    The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

    The ship Valsin has booked you on is fast, but is not particularly comfortable. Combined with unusually rough seas, the trip is rather unpleasant for those of you without your sea legs.

    Everyone, please make a Fortitude save.

    Waiting by the dock when you arrive is a salty old sea dog of a dwarf, with a node reddened by years at sea (among other things, perhaps). He looks like he's had very little sleep in the past few days. His armor appears to be a suit of full plate heavily modified and integrated with a mechanical diving suit. When he speaks, it's with an accent somewhere between a south-Absalom brogue and a sailor's worldly clip. "Aye, and you mus’ be Ambrus' team. Come on with me, then, and we'll talk somewhere more comfortable." With that, he turns and strides off toward a nearby pub.

    -----

    Once everyone is seated and had a chance for a drink and some food, Khoumrock swirls the dregs of a mug of beer as he tells his tale. “When Ambrus called me, I got a few friends an’ went right out to the wreck. We gathered everythin’ we could find. The storm already dashed the hulk again’ the rocks and broken her open, but most o’ the crates were washed ashore. I dove in to make sure she weren’t leaking any cargo, but the waves were rough and things were movin’ down that weren’t just the water and fishies!” He frowns as he recalls the night’s efforts.

    “The sky opened up as soon as we started packin’. The horses were half-mad wit’ the lightnin’ and the wind. It took all o’ night and part o’ the morning to collect everythin’, and we nearly lost the wagon to a big wave what came a-crashin’ onto the shore from out of no’ere. The storm followed us all t’way back to town. So did summat else – as we got t’the town gate, we saw summat long and snakish breakin’ the waves out in the harbor. I didn’t get a good look, ‘cause the watchtower was struck by lightnin’ just then and it blinded me for a tick. When I looked back, it were gone.” Khoumrock looks to the ceiling in thought. “Apparently, we lost a fisherman out towards the docks right thenabouts. Coulda been an accident, but I knows better.” Khoumrock shakes his head again. “Might be time for me to do a little divin’ out thar, clean things out, ya know?”

    “Well, the wagon’s all packed and ready to go by t’stable. S’easy enough to drive, or you can hire a teamster, iff’n you’d prefer. Good luck. I’ll be glad to see that wagon roll out o’ town, truth be told.”

    You have a chance to ask any questions. Now's also the time to slot any boons.

    Horizon Hunters

    CN Twilight Halfling Monk (Rogue Archeytpe 2 | 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: --- HP 26/26 | AC 20 | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Perc +6 (low-light vision)| Stealth +8 |
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +8, Arcana +2, Athletics +3, Craft+2, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Halfling Lore +5, Intim +7, Lore +2, Med +5, Nature +3, Occult+2, Perform +4, Religion +6, Society +5, Survival +6, Theivery +8, Underworld L +5
    Brogag Warfell wrote:
    ”De rest of ya stay behind Brondulf and me. We smashin’ heds and ye be doin’ the talkin’.”

    "Stay behind ya, got 't." replies Ott. "How far be dependin' on how much ale ya drinks, am I right?"

    Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

    GM Dennis wrote:


    ----
    ““Well, the wagon’s all packed and ready to go by t’stable. S’easy enough to drive, or you can hire a teamster, iff’n you’d prefer. Good luck. I’ll be glad to see that wagon roll out o’ town, truth be told.”.”

    "Why, yep. All seems pretty 's'seasy' t'me." replies Ott. "Why, ole Ott'll see this cart outta 'own faster 'han you can whistle."

    Skill for driving the cart?

    Envoy's Alliance

    Focus Points 1/1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Saves 4/5/5 | Male Human Bard (Level 1) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/2 | Perception +5

    Manny gives one look at the beautiful Zarta and smiles on his way to the port.

    Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

    Manny loses his lunch as soon as the ship leaves. "Oh, that's embarrassing."

    Manny is glad to get off that ship and go to a pub.

    "Do you think the Storm Kindlers want something in that cargo. Maybe they'll get desperate now that we're here." He takes a big gulp of water.

    Grand Archive

    M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]
    Brogag Warfell wrote:
    Brogag glances at Brondulf. Brogag perks up at the thought of drinking with a fellow dwarf after the mission is complete.

    "Ha. You can call me dwarf all day, I guess. Given how doughty dwarven fighters are, I take it as a compliment."

    Grand Archive

    M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

    Fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

    Bron, uneasy upon the sea after being off of it for so long, is just glad that he didn't drink any good ale before getting out in the chop.

    Grand Archive

    M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

    Bron's Boons slotted

    Faction Boon: Grand Archive Champion

    Advanced Boon: None

    Generic Boon 1: Team Player: Your time in the Gravelands included many harrowing trials that required you to learn how to work especially well with your companions.
    --(Reaction) (fortune) Uses 3 [__] [__] [__] Trigger: An ally fails a check on which you Aided; Effect The ally can reroll the check and use the better result.
    Source: 1-03 Escaping the Grave

    Generic Boon 2: Cryptid Scholar (untyped boon): Your experiences with the Mosquito Witch have inspired you to research strange creatures. When you Recall Knowledge to identify a rare or unique creature, you can use the following reaction.
    -- (Reaction) (fortune) Uses 3 [__] [__] [__] Trigger You attempt to Recall Knowledge to identify a creature you can see. Effect You roll the skill check twice and use the better result.
    Source: 1-02 The Mosquito Witch

    Generic Boon 3: None

    Grand Archive

    M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

    "I got a question: whattya think we'll find in the Immenwood? What's the story lately in there? Should we prepare for anything?"

    Grand Archive

    CG Strong-Blooded Dwarf Monk 2 | HP 36/36 | AC 16 (20 w/Stance) | F +9 R +6 W +8 | P + 6 | Speed 20' | Class DC 18 | Conditions:

    Guntram nods at Zarta and says nothing.

    Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

    To Brogag, he says, Talkin'? Mebbe, mebbe na. But i’ll keep ye fram dyin'.

    At the pub, Guntram asks Angus, Ah kno ye didn’t get a gud look, but whit dae ye think it was in th' water? 'at why yoo’re so eager tae get rid ay th' wagon?

    Grand Archive

    Male LN Rock Dwarf Fury Barbarian 1| HP 24/24| AC 17| F+7 (+9 to DC against Shove or Trip., +9 vs spells or effects to knock you prone.) R+3 (+5 to DC against attempts to Shove or Trip you., +5 vs spells or effects to knock you prone.) W +7| Perc +7 darkvision| speed:20 feet| Active Conditions: None

    Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
    Brogag looks at Ott.
    ”Jus stay behind us. We be hed smashin’ an Guntram keepin’ is alive. “
    Looking at Brondulf, ”Me thinkin’ ya fight like a dwarf. Ter is honor in dat.

    ”Now we be gettin’ des items so me can get some ale afder.”

    Boon: Grand Archive Champion.

    Horizon Hunters

    CG Woodland Elf Ranger 1 | Animal Companion | HP 17/17 | AC 18 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

    Boon: Horizon Hunters Champion

    Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

    Mindartis tries to shake off the seasickness and readies his gear for the mission. He thanks Khoumrock for the information and waits by the wagon.

    Grand Lodge

    The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

    Added some awesome art of Khoumrock in his diving-suit full plate.

    Emmanuel and Brondalf feel a bit queasy after the boat ride. They both find it hard to stomach any of the ale at the bar, and the feeling seems tough to shake off. On a critical failure you are both sickened 1 for 24 hours, though you can spend an action to retch and make a new Fort save.

    Grand Lodge

    The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates
    Brondulf Iarlsson wrote:
    "I got a question: whattya think we'll find in the Immenwood? What's the story lately in there? Should we prepare for anything?"

    "Couldna say m'fraid. Hain't been in the woods fer a while now. 'Tis a fairly well travel'd road, though, so shouldna be too much trouble."

    Guntram Falk wrote:
    At the pub, Guntram asks Angus, Ah kno ye didn’t get a gud look, but whit dae ye think it was in th' water? 'at why yoo’re so eager tae get rid ay th' wagon?

    "I do'na know wha's in the water, but I can't say I like the though' of it lurkin' about. As fer the wagon, whatever were causin' the misfortune ah'd like to see the back of it. The sooner yer on the road, the sooner it ain't here."

    Grand Lodge

    The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates
    Ott Underhand wrote:
    Skill for driving the cart?

    The wagon is made of wood with a canvas cover over the cargo compartment and has room in front for two Medium creatures to sit (one of whom is the driver). It takes up a 10-foot square and is drawn by two riding horses who are both harnessed tightly into a 10-foot square in front of the wagon. The wagon’s cargo is enclosed by a canvas cover, and can be accessed only by those who enter the wagon itself. Entering the wagon’s cargo space requires an action to Manipulate the tent flap, a second action to enter, and a third (optional) action to close the tent flap.

    You can use the Nature skill and Command an Animal action to get the horses to obey the following commands: Stride (1 action), Gallop (2 actions), and Stop (1 action). Each requires a Nature check against a DC of 15; on a success, the animal performs the listed action until another command is given.

    Grand Archive

    CG Strong-Blooded Dwarf Monk 2 | HP 36/36 | AC 16 (20 w/Stance) | F +9 R +6 W +8 | P + 6 | Speed 20' | Class DC 18 | Conditions:

    Ah can drife th' wagon if ye loch. I've a knack fur it.

    Nature +7

    Envoy's Alliance

    Focus Points 1/1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Saves 4/5/5 | Male Human Bard (Level 1) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/2 | Perception +5

    "I can't really talk to animals. Go for it, Guntram!" Manny gives a thumbs up.

    Horizon Hunters

    CN Twilight Halfling Monk (Rogue Archeytpe 2 | 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: --- HP 26/26 | AC 20 | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Perc +6 (low-light vision)| Stealth +8 |
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +8, Arcana +2, Athletics +3, Craft+2, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Halfling Lore +5, Intim +7, Lore +2, Med +5, Nature +3, Occult+2, Perform +4, Religion +6, Society +5, Survival +6, Theivery +8, Underworld L +5

    Ott climbs onto the back of the wagon and pulls open the canvas flap. "Looks like a right comfy place to be guardin'." he notes as he slips within and takes a look around at the contents within.

    He closes the flap as if to avoid watchful eyes as he takes inventory.

    Grand Archive

    M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

    Bron vomits and thinks he feels better. But isn't sure.

    Fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

    Grand Archive

    Male LN Rock Dwarf Fury Barbarian 1| HP 24/24| AC 17| F+7 (+9 to DC against Shove or Trip., +9 vs spells or effects to knock you prone.) R+3 (+5 to DC against attempts to Shove or Trip you., +5 vs spells or effects to knock you prone.) W +7| Perc +7 darkvision| speed:20 feet| Active Conditions: None

    Brogag slaps Brondulf on the back. ”Ya can’t be smashin’ heds if ye keep vomitin’ like dat.”

    He puts his arm under Brondulfs and tries to help him up.
    ”Dis wagon needs ar protectin’ and ye help.”

    Grand Lodge

    The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

    Brondulf does indeed feel better after he retches.

    Ott:
    Your inventory reveals all of the items described in the handout.

    You have an opportunity to Gather Information about the area before setting out if you'd like. Post your Diplomacy modifier if you'd like me to roll for you.

    Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to do before setting out.

    Grand Archive

    M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

    Diplomacy +1

    Envoy's Alliance

    Focus Points 1/1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Saves 4/5/5 | Male Human Bard (Level 1) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/2 | Perception +5

    Manny finds a dark, quiet corner to try to control his queasy stomach.

    Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

    After that, he hits the town. And finds as many lovely gossip hens as he can.

    Diplomacy +7

    Horizon Hunters

    CN Twilight Halfling Monk (Rogue Archeytpe 2 | 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: --- HP 26/26 | AC 20 | F +6 R +10 W +8 | Perc +6 (low-light vision)| Stealth +8 |
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +8, Arcana +2, Athletics +3, Craft+2, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Halfling Lore +5, Intim +7, Lore +2, Med +5, Nature +3, Occult+2, Perform +4, Religion +6, Society +5, Survival +6, Theivery +8, Underworld L +5

    Before leaving town, Ott bellies up to the bar at a local pub and asks a few questions.
    +3 Diplomacy

    Grand Lodge

    The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

    Asking around, you hear that the weather has been rainy since the ship crashed. Some minor flooding has occurred, and most buildings in town have suffered some minor storm damage. Citizens have also noted the unusual behavior of animals in the past several days, with nearly every townsperson having a story about scratching cats, biting dogs, or kicking mules.

    I'll move us along tomorrow. Feel free to post anything else you want to do before setting out.

    Envoy's Alliance

    Focus Points 1/1 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Saves 4/5/5 | Male Human Bard (Level 1) Hero Point 1 | Spells -/2 | Perception +5

    "Never a dull moment when Pathfinders are about." Manny laughs. "Someone really doesn't want us to get that cargo."

    1 to 50 of 201 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dennis - PF2 #1-04 Bandits of Immenwood All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.