PFE1 Shattered Star AP Campaign 2019

Game Master ALLENDM

Links and Folders for the Campaign

Shattered Star AP 2019 Folder.
Campaign Character Creation Document
Simple Magic Item Creation Rules
Elephant in the Room (Feat Tax Rule)
Making Craft Work 2010

Images of the Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch & Pathfinder Koriah Azmeren

Pathfinder Koriah Azmeren
Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch
Pictures of Contacts and Names
Scenes and Pictures of Magnimar

Party Information

Party XP and Treasure TXT

Puffy Pelican (Abandon Tavern) MAP

Puffy Pelican


201 to 250 of 332 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Ok, I have some more stuff for Hedrak:

Background for Hedrak, the Warpriest:

Hedrak was the offspring of two half-orcs in the city of Westcrown in Cheliax
His father was a bodyguard, and his mother was a docks worker
They were valued for their strength and nothing more, considered brutish and ignorant - but they were none of it.
His mother was also a Shaman, practicing her healing and blessing powers in secret, covertly helping others in Westcrown.
She did not distinguish between race - if help was needed, and it was in her grasp to do so, she would assist.
His father was intelligent and compassionate - he kept a low profile but helped those crushed by the boot of Thrune whenever he had a chance.
They imparted their views of life on the young Hedrak, but as much as he tried he had a hard time.
The half-orc childling was frequently involved in small skirmishes.
In a city like Westcrown, there were always a reason for an half breed to get involved in a fight, even among children.
Constantly taunted because of his tatoos (said by his mother to be protective), his fangs, or just his race, Hedrak would never shy away. And he would get beaten more often than not, and then scolded by his parents. It didn't matter, he would not take it sitting down....

His parents actions in Westcrown eventually were their undoing - it was inevitable to be dragged further and further into the rebellion, and they let themselves get involved one step too far.
They were arrested, brought to 'justice', and executed.
Hedrak knows this, because he demanded to know many years after, from his mentor and friend - Digrabor the Dwarf
But he never actually witnessed it...

Digrabor led a cell which holed just outside of Westcrown.
They served as a refuge for any willing and able to run away from the city for good.
It was him and his companions who rescued the young half-orc, dragging him away kicking and screaming through the sewers, along with many other children who were also being held captive.
They did ont have the manpower or contacts to save hgis parents - he hated them for that.

The dwarf was as patient as he was harsh, and he would not take disrespect from Hedrak.
Over the next weeks, as they traveled, he smacked him as many times were needed, until the half-orc cried and punched his anger away, and eventually began listening to what Digrabor was saying - "You are ALIVE! Who do you think is better off? the ones who were left behind?! Be thankful ya stupid lad!" - many times these words led into VERY heated discussions, the unwise half-orc usually wrestled down, with the dwarf laughing hard.

It took time as they traveled back, but once they were back in Mendev, Hedrak was different, he had a purpose.
He had learned of Ragathiel from his mentor, and he immediately wanted to know more - it seemed to fit him like a glove.
Over the next year, Hedrak took apprenticeship with the dwarf, and he learned FAST
He was not allowed to participate in any of the more dangerous missions
Against his will he had to wait until he was inducted as a Warpriest - he learned patience and wisdom
He took the time to study Religion and the outdoors

Digrabor would often travel, not only within Mendev, but also to other nations in Golarion
The dwarf was headstrong and steadfast, constantly on the move to where he thought he could make a difference
Mendev was the obvious place, but "There are other fronts apart from the battle one where you can make a difference"
Hedrak continued his apprenticeship up until the day of his entitlement as an Initiate Militant Priest
After having traveled to Magnimar (to ALLENDM: Perhaps in association with the PFS?), his Mentor never showed for the ceremony
In fact, Digrabor has not been since he last departed.
And that is why Hedrak liaised with the PFS in Mendev, and requested to be reposted in Magnimar

Bare bones build:

Hedrak
Male half-orc warpriest of Ragathiel 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 60)
NG Medium humanoid (human, orc)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+5 armor, +2 Dex, +2 shield)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +6; +2 vs. death
Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee bardiche +4 (1d10+4/19-20) or
. . bastard sword +3 (1d10+3/19-20) or
. . morningstar +3 (1d8+3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (10 ft. with bardiche)
Special Attacks blessings 3/day (Destruction: destructive attacks, Good: holy strike), sacred weapon (1d6, +0, 1 rounds/day)
Warpriest Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +3)
. . 1st—divine favor, endure elements
. . 0 (at will)—create water, detect magic, guidance
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 17, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 9
Base Atk +0; CMB +3; CMD 15
Feats Endurance, Fey Foundling[ISWG], Weapon Focus (bardiche)
Traits exchange agent, fate's favored
Skills Acrobatics -4 (-8 to jump), Climb +1, Craft (weapons) +5, Handle Animal +3, Intimidate +3, Knowledge (history) +2, Knowledge (religion) +5, Linguistics +6, Sense Motive +6, Survival +6
Languages Common, Giant, Hallit, Infernal, Orc
SQ orc blood
Other Gear scale mail, heavy wooden shield, bardiche[APG], bastard sword, morningstar, backpack, weaponsmithing tools
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Blessings (3/day) (Su) Pool of power used to activate Blessing abilities.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Endurance +4 to a variety of fort saves, skill and ability checks. Sleep in L/M armor with no fatigue.
Fey Foundling Magical healing works better on you
Orc Blood Half-orcs count as both humans and orcs for any effect related to race.
Sacred Tattoo +1 to all saves.
Sacred Weapon (Su) As a swift action, grant weapon enhancement bonus or certain powers.

I have one rule related question: Can one use Defensive Stance and Risky Strike for the same attack?

(Note: Sucks not having Perception as a class skill on a Wisdom chassis :P)


Albion, The Eye wrote:

Ok, I have some more stuff for Hedrak:

** spoiler omitted **...

Are you using Stalwart Defender prestige class? Also, are you talking about Risky Striker, the halfling feat? If that it the case no you would not be able to use them together.


Hi ALLENDM, I meant Defensive and Risky Strike from the 'Elephant in the Room'?

And wasn't thinking about any prestige class, why? :D


Albion, The Eye wrote:

Hi ALLENDM, I meant Defensive and Risky Strike from the 'Elephant in the Room'?

And wasn't thinking about any prestige class, why? :D

Sorry my head was all in archetypes and prestige classes...

Sorry for the delay in my response.


ALLENDM wrote:
Albion, The Eye wrote:

Hi ALLENDM, I meant Defensive and Risky Strike from the 'Elephant in the Room'?

And wasn't thinking about any prestige class, why? :D

Sorry my head was all in archetypes and prestige classes...

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Dang! Went to read on the Stalwart Defender - that is one sweet Prestige Class!

Reminds me a bit of the Dwarven Defender, from the old days ;)


ALLENDM wrote:
Albion, The Eye wrote:

Hi ALLENDM, I meant Defensive and Risky Strike from the 'Elephant in the Room'?

And wasn't thinking about any prestige class, why? :D

Sorry my head was all in archetypes and prestige classes...

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Ok. Even though they sort of oppose each other I don't see an issue with it (via the rules). What it means if you use Risky Strike and Defensive Stance (below +4 BAB) you would take a -2 on all ATTACK/CMB rolls but you would receive +2 bonus on Damage rolls and a +1 Dodge bonus to your AC.

Jack


Sweet! Thx :)


Background, appearance, demeanor added.


Got a Description:

There is no mistaking Hedrak's orcish heritage - the massively built half-orc's fangs are clearly evident, as well as his deeply furrowed brows and nose. His skin is darkly tanned, and his hair and beard a deep black, matching his eyes. In spite of the metal scale mail, the large wooden shield, and several weapons dotting his well worn travelling attire, the Warpriest carries himself easily - his black eyes are intense and scrutinizing.

I have an Image.

And a Demeanor:
Hedrak is a no-nonsense half-orc, used to a life of hardship and toil - he tends to be too intense at times, but can be surprising when it comes to second chances afforded to others, sometimes even foes. Most of the times, the best word which would describe him might be on the verge of anger - those who know him are well aware of what can tip him over that edge. In spite of his posture, the young half-orc has learned wisdom over his apprenticeship, and has come a long way since his days in the streets of Westcrown.

Would that make my submission complete ALLENDM?


Edril wrote:
Background, appearance, demeanor added.

Thanks!


Albion, The Eye wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Would that make my submission complete ALLENDM?

Yep. Thanks!

Jack


Albion, The Eye wrote:

Dang! Went to read on the Stalwart Defender - that is one sweet Prestige Class!

Reminds me a bit of the Dwarven Defender, from the old days ;)

It should. It is Paizo's NON-race specific version of the Dwarven Defender!


Umm, no. In the old days, there were no "Dwarven Defenders". There were dwarves and dwarves who might have defended, but that's about it.


guess it depends on what you call the old days lol. I think it first appeared as a prestige class in 3.5 DMG, so, 2003


It was in the 3.0 book, IIRC. That's when Prestige Classes were introduced.

The 3.0 write-up also was clear that Prestige Classes should be setting and culture dependent, and that they were what people in that group aspired to be. They weren't expected to be a big power ramp up. Ever.

3.5 basically threw all that out, and started selling us as many OP Prestige Classes as they could get us to pay for.


Well, the last time I have seen a Dwarven Defender played was MANY years ago ;)


Bowing out, as I realize the concept is very similar to a character already in play, but at a higher level.

@ALLENDM, one day... I'm gonna get you as a DM!

Best of luck, all... and Happy Gaming!


Black Thom wrote:

Bowing out, as I realize the concept is very similar to a character already in play, but at a higher level.

@ALLENDM, one day... I'm gonna get you as a DM!

Best of luck, all... and Happy Gaming!

Sorry to hear that Black Thom.

Thanks for the submission!

Jack


Players and Submissions 11062019

Interested - Need to complete submission.

Hrothdane & Cavalier (Sister-in-Arms/Grey Maiden Initiate)

Black Thom: Male half-orc transmuter 1/sorcerer(VMC) (Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 89)

Blaydsong: Keezheekoni
Human (Shoanti) ranger (flamewarden) 1 (Ultimate Wilderness 66)

Patrickthekid: Krystal Popescu, Female human rogue (unchained) 1 (Need BG, Demeanor, and Description)

Ouachitonian: Bloodrager???

Danial Stewart & ???

Ash Raven & ???

ElbowtotheFace & Rogue (half-elf)

MrStr4ng3: Arcane or Monk

excoman & Druid (swarm monger)

Completed & Being Reviewed

ToxicStar: Arrtur,Male half-orc fighter 1 ((SELECTED - MARTIAL SLOT (1 MARTIAL SLOT LEFT)))

Ellion Hesoni: Tiarsus Kelquinal, Male Half-Elf Cleric of Abadar 1

Pad300: Mauro Ocella, Male Half Elf (Blended View) Occultist 1 (Haunt Collector)

JosbB: Clovis Hatchlock, Male half-elf ranger (trapper) 1 (Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 65)

Oceanshieldwolf: Skow Ku Male Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Unchained Summoner (God-caller, Soulbound Summoner) 1

hustonj: Estel Cestdelo, Male Elf Unchained Rogue (Relic Raider) 1

Sha'ir: Iuliu Moldis Human Kineticist (Chaokineticist) 1

Grankless: Abigail Navis Female Spiritualist (Quint/Fractured/Haunted) 1

Albion, The Eye: half-orc Warpriest of Ragathiel

ScorchedOne - Edril Male half-elf cleric (herald caller) of Findeladlara 1

Edelsmirge: Nezter "Spleenripper" Male Skinwalker (gnome) Hunter 1

robothedino: Himarek Voskiyani Bard (Hoaxer) 1

Grandlounge: Alistar Revin Male human (varisian) alchemist (grenadier) 1

22 submissions total.

I have reviewed seven of the thirteen completed submissions. I will review more this weekend and will probably make a decision on a few more slots. I missed a few completed submissions and moved those down. Sorry for not catching them.

Remember DEADLINE is 11/12/2019. I will have selections finalized no later than 11/16/2019. I tend to move fast on party selection once I start making decisions.

Jack


Congrats to Arrtur!

PS. Are you sure you're not a pirate? (AARRR me hearties!)


Fairly sure as its ArtuRR lol.


I think this is ready to go. Let me know if I missed something, or any other feedback you might have. Cheers!

Edit: The only thing I was unsure about was whether the ability score bonus to 0-level spells known applied to classes whose spells known was not based on their ability score- my assumption was no, but correct me if I'm wrong.


Arturr . . ..

Elephant in the Room Feat Tax rules makes Power Attack an option instead of a Feat. So, you have another feat to select.


hustonj wrote:

Arturr . . ..

Elephant in the Room Feat Tax rules makes Power Attack an option instead of a Feat. So, you have another feat to select.

Sweet thanks for catching that!

Edit:So powerful maneuvers is it's own thing, power attack is now risky strike, I'll change to that.


Sorry that it took me a while to get this together. It's been a bit of a crazy week.

While the sheet is not 100% completed, the vast majority of the information is there. I just need to take care of my official starting gold (Gold: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 1, 5, 2) = 15x10).

I've also included a basic background and description.

I'll be honest, I'm not really satisfied with what I have so far, but it's currently 3am, and my thought processes are somewhat... lacking... at the moment. If you have any questions or suggestions for me, I'm more than happy to receive them. Keep in mind that his basic story is left uncomplicated with reason. I really don't see him as having any major hook other than the desire to help people and to make a good impression on behalf of his people.

Anyways, without further ado,

Character:
Keezheekoni Fire bringer
Male human (Shoanti) ranger (flamewarden) 1
CG Medium humanoid (human)
Hero Points 1
Init +2; Senses Perception +6
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 13 (1d10+3)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +2; +1 trait bonus vs. fear
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee earth breaker +4 (2d6+3/×3) or
. . klar +4 (1d6+2)
Ranged shoanti bola +3 (1d4+2)
Special Attacks favored enemy (orcs +2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 15, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 13
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15
Feats Combat Expertise, Deadly Aim, Power Attack, Weapon Focus, Weapon Focus
Traits nontraditional native: shoanti, shoanti tattoo
Skills Acrobatics -2 (-6 to jump), Climb +2, Handle Animal +5, Heal +6, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (geography) +5, Knowledge (nature) +5, Perception +6, Ride +2, Sense Motive +3, Stealth +2, Survival +6, Swim +2
Languages Common, Orc, Shoanti
SQ finesse weapon attack attribute, hero points, track +1, wild empathy +2
Other Gear hide shirt, earth breaker, klar, shoanti bola (3), backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, hemp rope (50 ft.), mess kit, pot, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin, 24 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Combat Expertise +/-1 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Deadly Aim -1/+2 Trade a penalty to ranged attacks for a bonus to ranged damage.
Favored Enemy (Orcs +2) (Ex) +2 to rolls vs. orcs foes.
Finesse Weapon Attack Attribute Finesse weapons use Strength on attack rolls.
Hero Points Hero Points can be spent at any time to grant a variety of bonuses.
Power Attack -1/+2 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Track +1 Add the listed bonus to Survival checks made to track.
Weapon Focus (Close Weapons) Choose one weapon group. You become better at using that type of weapon.

Prerequisites: base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using weapons from the selected group. The bonus only applies
Weapon Focus (Hammers) Choose one weapon group. You become better at using that type of weapon.

Prerequisites: base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using weapons from the selected group. The bonus only applies
Wild Empathy +2 (Ex) Improve the attitude of an animal, as if using Diplomacy.

Background:
In a war-fairing clan like the Sklar-Quah, or Sun Clan, a child like Keezheekoni is a rare thing. Despite the typical mind set of the xenophoic people, he always had a desire to walk among others and live peacable among them, though he knew that his goals would require an uphill battle through the traditions and beliefs of his own people.

Despite his wish for peace, he wasn't naive enough to think that he would never have to fight, and so he trained along with the other children his age, building strength and skill with the best of them. While part of his training also included horsemanship, he never truly felt a connection with the fierce horses of the famous burn-riders, but the fire of the Cinderlands seemed to burn within him none-the-less. So much so that the shamans of the clan nurtured within him the ability to call forth the fires of a flamewarden.

As is tradition, when he came of age, Keezheekoni went through the trials to become an adult and earn his tatoos, but he knew that he needed to do more, so that he could see his dream fulfilled. With permission from the shamans and eldars, Keezheekoni left his clan to set out on his own and learn about the peoples outside his homeland.

Description:
Keezheekoni is a tall, well-muscled Shoanti man with dark brown skin that has been covered in the tattoos of his tribe. Like most of the warriors of his people, his head is completely shaved. He has piercing green eyes that tend to have an inquisitive look in them when meeting new people.

He has a fairly outgoing personality, though his people did instill a sense of caution in him, as well. Despite his desire to live along side others in the world, he does not trust absolutely. Keezheekoni has a strong sense of honor that drives his actions as much as his passions.


Congrats on the selection Arturr! ;)


Alright, here is my background:

Appearance

Spoiler:
Krystal is a Mwangi woman who has nevertheless dresses in accordance to Magnimar rogue. She is of average height with curly hair, brown eyes and a rectangular face. In her Pathfinder attire, she wears clothing that allows for acrobatic movement with flexible pants and a tank top. In her day job, she dresses more conservative in a typical bar maid dress that extends to her ankles.

Personality

Spoiler:
As one would expect from a follower of Calistria, Krystal is a friendly flirt who likes to live life to the fullest. In the later case, it helps her to forget the various rough periods of her life. She is cocky in her abilities but isn't above fighting dirty if things don't go her way. As expected from a thief she prefers to use stealth or charm her way out of situations over a straight up fight.

background

Spoiler:
Krystal never knew where her parents were from. All she knew was that Magnimar was her home.

Her earliest memories come from an orphanage, and they were by far her most painful. The headmistress was cruelly strict on her children which sprouted Krystal's disdain with authority. She made due of her time by playing Sleight of Hand tricks at passerbys, a trick that eventually evolved into picking pockets.

Eventually she put her hands in the pocket of one of the Sczarni who took notice. When they caught her, she managed to convince them to let her join their group. Thus, she was adopted out of the orphanage and into the loving arms of the thieving guild.

There, Krystal discovered that she was also apt at climbing, picking locks and contorting her body through tight spots. She also learned her to sweet talk her way out of jail. It was one such interest that caught the attention of the Pathfinders.

With the job becoming increasingly difficult to pull off, the thieves were forced to work on increasingly risky work. One job involving stealing an artifact recently found by Pathfinders ended in disaster. Krystal managed to open the lock, but failed to notice the alarm spell. Instead of helping her escape, she was tossed into the hands of her victims. Bitter about her betrayal, she through hers into the hands of the Pathfinders.

Turns out that the Pathfinders allowed for far more flexibility, provided that she makes notes on her discoveries. In order to further fund her adventures, she works at a bar maid in one of the various taverns in the city. With some luck, she hopes to have an adventure of a lifetime...

Grand Lodge

Just to put the last touches on Alistar

Gear:
alchemist's fire, acid; Other Gear studded leather armor, bardiche, longspear, dagger, alchemist's fire, acid, cold iron cestus, bomb, grappling hook, common, alchemist's kit, formula book

Formula Book:

Alchemist (CL 1): 1st - bomber's eye, comprehend languages, crafter's fortune (DC 15), cure light wounds (DC 15), disguise self (DC 15), endure elements (DC 15), enlarge person (DC 15), expeditious retreat, heightened awareness, shield, targeted bomb admixture, true strike.


Blaydsong wrote:

Sorry that it took me a while to get this together. It's been a bit of a crazy week.

While the sheet is not 100% completed, the vast majority of the information is there. I just need to take care of my official starting gold ([dice=Gold]5d6x10).

I've also included a basic background and description.

I'll be honest, I'm not really satisfied with what I have so far, but it's currently 3am, and my thought processes are somewhat... lacking... at the moment. If you have any questions or suggestions for me, I'm more than happy to receive them. Keep in mind that his basic story is left uncomplicated with reason. I really don't see him as having any major hook other than the desire to help people and to make a good impression on behalf of his people.

Anyways, without further ado,

** spoiler omitted **...

We are using the Elephant in the Room Feat Tax. You have a few feats that are no longer being used so that will give you some more options.


ALLENDM wrote:
We are using the Elephant in the Room Feat Tax. You have a few feats that are no longer being used so that will give you some more options.

Reading past the Feat list, looks like the character is built for the EitR feat swaps, but the character sheet uses the old/traditional terminology. Probably because it is easier for the player to recognize the familiar terms.


SO I spent the weekend going through the divine caster submissions that are completed to date and the skill position submissions. I have gone through them several times and I think I have a pretty good feel for what I want.

All of the submissions are very good so this will be tough spots to pick. I am still trying to figure out which way I will go. Which speaks volumes to the quality of submissions in these areas.

We have several really interesting occultist class submissions so I am working through them and where they fall into the group I want to put together for the campaign. We honestly have a lot of solid martial/martial mix submissions so this is a real challenge to weed through. Typically I have a good idea how the group will set up but right now I am still getting my around the group make up...which is a good thing as it forces me to reread all the submissions again.

Martial Slot 1: ToxicStar: Arrtur,Male half-orc fighter 1

We have these spots open:
Martial Slot 2
Skill Slot
Divine Slot
Arcane Slot
Flex Slot

I have reviewed all the completed submissions.

Thanks!

Jack


hustonj wrote:
ALLENDM wrote:
We are using the Elephant in the Room Feat Tax. You have a few feats that are no longer being used so that will give you some more options.
Reading past the Feat list, looks like the character is built for the EitR feat swaps, but the character sheet uses the old/traditional terminology. Probably because it is easier for the player to recognize the familiar terms.

Yep, you are right.


ALLENDM wrote:


We have several really interesting occultist class submissions so I am working through them and where they fall into the group I want to put together for the campaign.

Whether I'm selected or not, I'm curious to see how the occultist intersect with the party if more than one is selected; for some reason, my groups have been rather light on the occultist classes overall.

Now it's time for me to distance myself from this thread until selections are made, lest anticipation get the best of me! Good luck to all!


ALLENDM wrote:

SO I spent the weekend going through the divine caster submissions that are completed to date and the skill position submissions. I have gone through them several times and I think I have a pretty good feel for what I want.

All of the submissions are very good so this will be tough spots to pick. I am still trying to figure out which way I will go. Which speaks volumes to the quality of submissions in these areas.

We have several really interesting occultist class submissions so I am working through them and where they fall into the group I want to put together for the campaign. We honestly have a lot of solid martial/martial mix submissions so this is a real challenge to weed through. Typically I have a good idea how the group will set up but right now I am still getting my around the group make up...which is a good thing as it forces me to reread all the submissions again.

Martial Slot 1: ToxicStar: Arrtur,Male half-orc fighter 1

We have these spots open:
Martial Slot 2
Skill Slot
Divine Slot
Arcane Slot
Flex Slot

I have reviewed all the completed submissions.

Thanks!

Jack

1) I think you mean occult class submissions - I think I am the only actual occultist.

2) Who's in the running for the arcane slot after Black Thom dropped out? There's the unchained summoner, but I was under the impression he was eidolon focused, ie. not focused on casting. I suspect anyone who swans in here on the final day with an arcane build has excellent odds.


ALLENDM wrote:
We are using the Elephant in the Room Feat Tax. You have a few feats that are no longer being used so that will give you some more options.

I built the character using Hero Lab, and included the 'World is Square' rule set, which I was led to believe is the same thing.

Could you please let me know what is incorrect? The only feats that I actually chose were the Group Weapon Focus feats.


Withdrawing from this recruitment.


Oceanshieldwolf wrote:
Withdrawing from this recruitment.

And there goes the summoner. Really tempted to whip up a quick arcane entry...


Tiarsus Kelquinal wrote:
ALLENDM wrote:


We have several really interesting occultist class submissions so I am working through them and where they fall into the group I want to put together for the campaign.

Whether I'm selected or not, I'm curious to see how the occultist intersect with the party if more than one is selected; for some reason, my groups have been rather light on the occultist classes overall.

Now it's time for me to distance myself from this thread until selections are made, lest anticipation get the best of me! Good luck to all!

I have never played one and I have only had a few games with them in the party. The occult classes are a neat concept but like the old psionics for some it is to "different".

I have had a few really good NPC villains that were from the occult classes that ended up being nice challenges for the party.


pad300 wrote:
ALLENDM wrote:

SO I spent the weekend going through the divine caster submissions that are completed to date and the skill position submissions. I have gone through them several times and I think I have a pretty good feel for what I want.

All of the submissions are very good so this will be tough spots to pick. I am still trying to figure out which way I will go. Which speaks volumes to the quality of submissions in these areas.

We have several really interesting occultist class submissions so I am working through them and where they fall into the group I want to put together for the campaign. We honestly have a lot of solid martial/martial mix submissions so this is a real challenge to weed through. Typically I have a good idea how the group will set up but right now I am still getting my around the group make up...which is a good thing as it forces me to reread all the submissions again.

Martial Slot 1: ToxicStar: Arrtur,Male half-orc fighter 1

We have these spots open:
Martial Slot 2
Skill Slot
Divine Slot
Arcane Slot
Flex Slot

I have reviewed all the completed submissions.

Thanks!

Jack

1) I think you mean occult class submissions - I think I am the only actual occultist.

2) Who's in the running for the arcane slot after Black Thom dropped out? There's the unchained summoner, but I was under the impression he was eidolon focused, ie. not focused on casting. I suspect anyone who swans in here on the final day with an arcane build has excellent odds.

Correct. Occult classes.

As of right now we don't have a pure arcane spell caster. The occultist can fill that niche as can the alchemist can fill many roles as it is a very versatile class. The roles are just a baseline for me and for those submitting to get an idea of what I am looking for. I am not going to pick a character submission based only on this...just a guideline. If I have two really good Divine casters and no really worthwhile arcane caster I am going to take the two divine casters.

Jack


Blaydsong wrote:
ALLENDM wrote:
We are using the Elephant in the Room Feat Tax. You have a few feats that are no longer being used so that will give you some more options.

I built the character using Hero Lab, and included the 'World is Square' rule set, which I was led to believe is the same thing.

Could you please let me know what is incorrect? The only feats that I actually chose were the Group Weapon Focus feats.

Makes sense. It was just listing the feats you would have based on core PF1E. This is the first time I have used EiTR so it just stood out as I was reviewing it.

Thanks for responding :)

Jack


ALLENDM wrote:
pad300 wrote:
ALLENDM wrote:

SO I spent the weekend going through the divine caster submissions that are completed to date and the skill position submissions. I have gone through them several times and I think I have a pretty good feel for what I want.

All of the submissions are very good so this will be tough spots to pick. I am still trying to figure out which way I will go. Which speaks volumes to the quality of submissions in these areas.

We have several really interesting occultist class submissions so I am working through them and where they fall into the group I want to put together for the campaign. We honestly have a lot of solid martial/martial mix submissions so this is a real challenge to weed through. Typically I have a good idea how the group will set up but right now I am still getting my around the group make up...which is a good thing as it forces me to reread all the submissions again.

Martial Slot 1: ToxicStar: Arrtur,Male half-orc fighter 1

We have these spots open:
Martial Slot 2
Skill Slot
Divine Slot
Arcane Slot
Flex Slot

I have reviewed all the completed submissions.

Thanks!

Jack

1) I think you mean occult class submissions - I think I am the only actual occultist.

2) Who's in the running for the arcane slot after Black Thom dropped out? There's the unchained summoner, but I was under the impression he was eidolon focused, ie. not focused on casting. I suspect anyone who swans in here on the final day with an arcane build has excellent odds.

Correct. Occult classes.

As of right now we don't have a pure arcane spell caster. The occultist can fill that niche as can the alchemist can fill many roles as it is a very versatile class. The roles are just a baseline for me and for those submitting to get an idea of what I am looking for. I am not going to pick a character submission based only on this...just a guideline. If I have two really good Divine casters and no really worthwhile arcane...

10-4

I do tend to be a bit "purist" with my views on party composition/roles... I'd take the second 9/9 divine caster over a 6/9 like the alchemist or the occultist in place of a 9/9 arcane. And pray the party don't need something like teleportation...


Oceanshieldwolf wrote:
Umm, no. In the old days, there were no "Dwarven Defenders". There were dwarves and dwarves who might have defended, but that's about it.

If you recall the 2nd Edition Dwarven Handbook (I think it was PHBR6)... They had a kit called Hearth Guard. Dwarven Defender reminded me a lot of that kit.

That was a great book. I actually played a Wayfinder out of it for a long time and that book got a lot of mileage at our table at the time.

Jack


Players and Submissions 11112019

Interested - Need to complete submission.

Hrothdane & Cavalier (Sister-in-Arms/Grey Maiden Initiate)

Black Thom: Male half-orc transmuter 1/sorcerer(VMC) (Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 89)

Oceanshieldwolf: Skow Ku Male Human (Shoanti/Kellid) Unchained Summoner (God-caller, Soulbound Summoner) 1

Ouachitonian: Bloodrager???

Danial Stewart & ???

Ash Raven & ???

ElbowtotheFace & Rogue (half-elf)

MrStr4ng3: Arcane or Monk

excoman & Druid (swarm monger)

Completed & Being Reviewed

ToxicStar: Arrtur,Male half-orc fighter 1 ((SELECTED - MARTIAL SLOT (1 MARTIAL SLOT LEFT)))

Ellion Hesoni: Tiarsus Kelquinal, Male Half-Elf Cleric of Abadar 1

Pad300: Mauro Ocella, Male Half Elf (Blended View) Occultist 1 (Haunt Collector)

JosbB: Clovis Hatchlock, Male half-elf ranger (trapper) 1 (Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 65)

hustonj: Estel Cestdelo, Male Elf Unchained Rogue (Relic Raider) 1 ((SELECTED - SKILL SLOT))

Sha'ir: Iuliu Moldis Human Kineticist (Chaokineticist) 1

Grankless: Abigail Navis Female Spiritualist (Quint/Fractured/Haunted) 1

Albion, The Eye: half-orc Warpriest of Ragathiel

ScorchedOne - Edril Male half-elf cleric (herald caller) of Findeladlara 1

Edelsmirge: Nezter "Spleenripper" Male Skinwalker (gnome) Hunter 1

robothedino: Himarek Voskiyani Bard (Hoaxer) 1

Grandlounge: Alistar Revin Male human (varisian) alchemist (grenadier) 1

Blaydsong: Keezheekoni
Human (Shoanti) ranger (flamewarden) 1 (Ultimate Wilderness 66)

Patrickthekid: Krystal Popescu, Female human rogue (unchained) 1

22 submissions total.

I have reviewed all the submissions that are completed to date.

Remember DEADLINE is 11/12/2019. I will have selections finalized no later than 11/16/2019.

I have decided on a few more positions for the group.

For the skill slot I have decided on Hustonj's character:
Estel Cestdelo, Male Elf Unchained Rogue (Relic Raider) 1. I have had the pleasure of gaming with hustonj and he is a great player and his characters are all very well ran.

Jack


Congrats on getting picked.


Congrats to Estel!

Grand Lodge

Great job hustonj.


Alright hustonj!


<blush>

Must be time to make an alias, then . . ..


I cannot disagree. I see names like hustonj and Grandlounge, I know I'm in for competition.

Grand Lodge

There are a lot of familiar faces here. A lot of people I would like play play in a campaign with.

201 to 250 of 332 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Shattered Star AP 2019 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.