GM Crunch's Origin of the Open Road (Inactive)

Game Master Saving Cap'n Crunch

Slides!

Pregens


201 to 250 of 275 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Amiri CN Female Human Barbarian 5 | 48/68 (83) 0/8 temp | AC 22 | Fort +12; Ref +10; Will +9 |Per: +9(E) | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Drained 3

You actually take the damage before the recovery check, as outlined in the CRB. Not sure the page number, but under encounter mode

Activate rage, 1 action and sudden charge: 2 actions
Amiri roars as she moves in. She reaches blue and slashes.

strike: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 232d12 + 10 ⇒ (6, 6) + 10 = 22

AC is 20

Sovereign Court

Lost on the Spirit Road | Starship Combat

Amiri's right there, I just forgot to roll it.

The two alchemists start to take a beating. They're experiencing a problem Fumbus has likely had too many times - you aren't grouped together enough! They withdraw as best they can and keep throwing, leaving Amiri and Valeros with odd aftereffects.

Ezren looks over the machine, which suddenly grinds to a halt. From several different holes seeps a massive green blob. It hits the sewer with a wet thud and squelches after the wizard. His shield softens the blow, but he is stuck in its clutches. The machine resumes its din once more.

Amiri and Valeros are both flat-footed and have -10 to all speeds. Valeros can take an AoO, I think you'd prefer that over Shield Block.

Also, nothing saying Ezren can't try to disable the machine while in the pseudopod of a giant ooze. But maybe you'd rather not.

Rolls:
2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Yellow vs. Ezren: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Damage: 1d8 + 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (6) + (3, 1) + 7 = 17

Blue Lightning vs. Amiri: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9
Blue Cold vs. Amiri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2) + (5) + 5 = 15

Red Lightning vs. Valeros: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10
Red Cold vs. Valeros: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 1) + (6) + 5 = 17

Round Two/Three:
Kyra
(bless 10)
Ezren -24 (grabbed)
Valeros -62 (persistent 2d6, flat-footed, -10 speed)
Merisiel
Fumbus
(bomber's eye)
Hazard
Yellow
Blue -48
Red -10
Amiri -20 (rage, flat-footed, -10 speed, drained 3)


“Fumbus” | Male CN Small Goblin Alchemist 5 | Hero Points 0/1 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F/R/W +11/+13/+7 (Fire Resist 2 & Persist Fire only DC 10) | Perc +7, darkvision; Stealth +13 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: NA

Fumbus moves up to engage the one hiding behind the wall, feeling the warm aura of Sarenrae loosening the stress in his shoulders, he lobs another fire bomb at the opponent alchemist. With that one hopefully on fire, he moves over next to Valeros, "You doing okay there buddy?"

Stride (yellow line, stop at yellow x), Quick Bomber attack Blue w/ Alch Fire (1/3 remain), Splash Damage only hits primary target, Stride (orange line).

Alch Fire + Bless: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27 for Fire + Splash: 2d8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 1 + 4 = 12 + 3 Persistent Fire


Attack of Opportunity:
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32 Damage (S): 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6) + 4 = 13

Valeros takes advantage of one of the alchemists moving away from him, but then sways a little, looking unsteady on his feet.
"Think I might actually be starting to feel some of these wounds," he says.

Valeros takes out his other lesser elixir of life and downs it.
Heal: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5) + 6 = 22 2 actions

He then moves to keep the alchemist red in striking distance.

Recovery: 1d20 ⇒ 6 Sigh...


Ezren | Human Wizard | HP 53 | AC 21* | Perception +9 | Saves: FORT +10 / REFLEX +12 / WILL +11 | Spell Attack +11 (DC 21) | Spells per Day: 5/3/3/2

Ezren finds himself struggling against an effectively nasty blob of ooziness. He jerks his body away from the appendage in a horrified motion of disgust and terror!

Escape attempt: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Escape Attempt Summary:

You attempt to escape from being grabbed, immobilized, or restrained. Choose one creature, object, spell effect, hazard, or other impediment imposing any of those conditions on you. Attempt a check using your unarmed attack modifier against the DC of the effect. This is typically the Athletics DC of a creature grabbing you, the Thievery DC of a creature who tied you up, the spell DC for a spell effect, or the listed Escape DC of an object, hazard, or other impediment. You can attempt an Acrobatics or Athletics check instead of using your attack modifier if you choose (but this action still has the attack trait).

Critical Success You get free and remove the grabbed, immobilized, and restrained conditions imposed by your chosen target. You can then Stride up to 5 feet.
Success You get free and remove the grabbed, immobilized, and restrained conditions imposed by your chosen target.
Critical Failure You don’t get free, and you can’t attempt to Escape again until your next turn.

This should be enough to get me free. If I crit success, does the 5' stride cost another action? I don't think so, but checking. If not, I will move 5'.

Now free, Ezren will cast a defensive spell in an attempt to keep the ooze busy.

Cast Mirror Image. 3 images now appear beside me.

Mirror Image effects:
Mirror Image (illusion, visual); Cast [two-actions] somatic, verbal; Effect Three illusory images of you swirl about your space for 1 minute, potentially causing those who attack you to hit one of the images instead. Any attack that would hit you has a random chance of hitting one of your images instead. If all three images remain, there is a 1 in 4 chance of hitting you (1 on 1d4). With two images remaining, there is a 1 in 3 chance of hitting you (1–2 on 1d6). With only one image, the chances are 1 in 2 (1–3 on 1d6). Once an image is hit, it is destroyed. If an attack roll fails to hit your AC but doesn’t critically fail, it destroys an image but has no additional effect (even if the attack would normally have an effect on a failure). If an attack roll is a critical success and would hit one of the images, one of the images is destroyed and the attack roll becomes a success against you. Once all the images are destroyed, the spell ends.

"Meresiel! I'll distract this thing but I need your help disabling it! Post haste!" shouts Ezren.


Kyra, F Human Cleric/5 AC 22 | HP 48/48 | F +9 R +9 W +13 | Perc +13 |

"Ezren, will that thing burn?"


Amiri CN Female Human Barbarian 5 | 48/68 (83) 0/8 temp | AC 22 | Fort +12; Ref +10; Will +9 |Per: +9(E) | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Drained 3

Amiri has no escape, as a free action, can follow a enemy who moves away from me up to my speed. Went ahead and placed myself there.

Amiri gives chase, Not so fast

strike: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 322d12 + 10 ⇒ (8, 7) + 10 = 25 If crit, target is flat-footed

strike + MAP: 1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 5 = 272d12 + 10 ⇒ (8, 4) + 10 = 22

She will then cut an intimidating glare at her target.or if her target is down, the other one.

intimidating glare, demoralize: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 vs Will DC. Success=frightened 1. Critsuccess=frightened 2

AC is 20


Ezren | Human Wizard | HP 53 | AC 21* | Perception +9 | Saves: FORT +10 / REFLEX +12 / WILL +11 | Spell Attack +11 (DC 21) | Spells per Day: 5/3/3/2
JW Pregen wrote:
"Ezren, will that thing burn?"

"Kill it! Kill it with fire!!!" shouts Ezren, clearly not happy with the recent turn of events and the amorphous blob that is currently in the process of clobbering him!

Not sure about fire. The last ooze-like thing could be harmed by it. Not sure this is the same one I identified earlier or not. I need an action to identify and thought of some other things to do instead. :D


Kyra, F Human Cleric/5 AC 22 | HP 48/48 | F +9 R +9 W +13 | Perc +13 |

Kyra whirls to face the ooze threatening Ezren, an aura of flame gathering around the ankh she holds. A column of incandescence leaps from the ankh to the amorphous creature. Then she retreats to put Merisiel and Amiri into the beneficent effects of her bless spell.

Fire ray attack, incl. bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 = 27
Base fire damage: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 2, 2, 3, 3) = 18

Sovereign Court

Lost on the Spirit Road | Starship Combat

Ah yes, this ooze is different from the black pudding.

2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Amiri follows Zaynap as she throws, and lands a heavy blow. The woman hits the ground, adding to the look shot Bijan's way. Fumbus sears the Ohrlavi brother slightly. Kyra hits the ooze with more of the same, to a decent effect.

Amiri has one action remaining as only one attack was needed. Fumbus's bomb has been redirected to Bijan.

Round Two/Three:
Kyra (bless 10)
Ezren -24 (3 images)
Valeros -46 (persistent 2d6, flat-footed, -10 speed)
Merisiel
Fumbus (bomber's eye)
Hazard
Yellow
Blue
Red -22 (persistent 3, frightened 1)
Amiri -20 (rage, flat-footed, -10 speed, drained 3)


”On my way, Beardy!” Merisiel dashes back towards the device in the middle of the room, giving Kyra a quick kiss on the cheek as she passes. She then stows her weapons and prepares her tools to go to work.

Action to move, then probably two more to stow her weapons


Amiri CN Female Human Barbarian 5 | 48/68 (83) 0/8 temp | AC 22 | Fort +12; Ref +10; Will +9 |Per: +9(E) | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Drained 3

Will stride over to the other side

Sovereign Court

Lost on the Spirit Road | Starship Combat

Bijan, frightened and wounded, drops his bomb into the slurry, where it thankfully remains still. "Wait, stop! I surrender! Could turn off the Extruder! Just let me..." He steps off the rail into the muck, trying to put himself out.

However, the machine and its creations are still going strong. Another ooze squelches its way to freedom. This one is a cube all adventurers know a thing or two of. It nudges Valeros, who feels the slightest bit tingly. The other ooze grabs Ezren once again, not seeming to care about his mind tricks.

Rolls:
Recovery: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Pink vs. Valeros: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Pink vs. Valeros: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Yellow vs. Ezren: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Valeros, make me a DC 11 Fortitude save or be paralyzed. Ezren, a DC 23 basic Fortitude save against 1d8 + 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + (1) + 3 = 11 damage.

Round Three/Four:
Kyra
(bless 10)
Ezren -42 (3 images, grabbed)
Valeros -50 (persistent 2d6)
Merisiel
Fumbus (bomber's eye)
Hazard
Pink
Yellow -18
Bijan -51
Amiri -20 (rage, drained 3)


Merisiel jumps to work on the device. "I got this! It's all good."

Thievery to Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Looks like it's two actions to disable device, so only one attempt this round

"It WILL be all good!"


Ezren | Human Wizard | HP 53 | AC 21* | Perception +9 | Saves: FORT +10 / REFLEX +12 / WILL +11 | Spell Attack +11 (DC 21) | Spells per Day: 5/3/3/2

Ezren doesn't feel so great.

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Fortitude: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Fine! Do that! Quickly! Valeros shouts at the surrendering alchemist.

Valeros strikes at the cube with sword and shield.
Double Strike
Longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11
Shield Boss: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 - 2 = 19 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15

Then takes an extra desperate swipe with his sword.
Longsword: 1d20 + 16 - 10 ⇒ (1) + 16 - 10 = 7 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6) + 4 = 14

Recovery: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Will use Reactive Shield as a Reaction if attacked


Ezren | Human Wizard | HP 53 | AC 21* | Perception +9 | Saves: FORT +10 / REFLEX +12 / WILL +11 | Spell Attack +11 (DC 21) | Spells per Day: 5/3/3/2

Ezren, having been walloped twice in a row, is starting to feel a bit woozy. He decides that discretion is the better part of valor and decides to vacate the area.

Escape the Grapple: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Having escaped (presumably), Ezren will move quickly away.

"Careful folks, that beast packs a punch and I'm no longer its target!" shouts the wizard as he's running away.


“Fumbus” | Male CN Small Goblin Alchemist 5 | Hero Points 0/1 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F/R/W +11/+13/+7 (Fire Resist 2 & Persist Fire only DC 10) | Perc +7, darkvision; Stealth +13 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: NA

Fumbus moves up to get a clear view of the jelly cube attacking Valeros. He thinks for a second to figure out which bomb would be most effective against it (acid, fire or cold).

Stride, Recall Knowledge, his last action will be a quick bomb at the ooze, but I'll wait to do the rolls to see if his knowledge check picks up anything.

Recall Knowledge: Occultism:
Occultism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Sovereign Court

Lost on the Spirit Road | Starship Combat

Ezren manages to worm his way free. Fumbus is pretty sure he shouldn't electrocute the cube. Merisiel takes a moment figuring out the machine's many mechanisms. Valeros takes a few chunks from the cube, removing its symmetry advantage. The big man also manages to shake the acid off himself.

Round Three/Four:
Kyra
(bless 10)
Ezren -47 (3 images)
Valeros -50
Merisiel
Fumbus (bomber's eye)
Hazard
Pink -26
Yellow -18
Bijan -51
Amiri -20 (rage, drained 3)


Amiri CN Female Human Barbarian 5 | 48/68 (83) 0/8 temp | AC 22 | Fort +12; Ref +10; Will +9 |Per: +9(E) | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Drained 3

Amiri rushes up and around the machine, bypasses the surrendering alchemist and right up to the ooze.

strike #1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 252d12 + 10 ⇒ (11, 3) + 10 = 24


“Fumbus” | Male CN Small Goblin Alchemist 5 | Hero Points 0/1 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F/R/W +11/+13/+7 (Fire Resist 2 & Persist Fire only DC 10) | Perc +7, darkvision; Stealth +13 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: NA

"Hmmm... Freeze it I shall!"

Quick Bomber Moderate Frost Vial vs. Red (1/3 vials remain)

Frost Vial Bomb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 for Cold + Splash: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14 If miss but not fumble, does 4 splash. If hits, slowed by 10 move till end of next turn.


Kyra, F Human Cleric/5 AC 22 | HP 48/48 | F +9 R +9 W +13 | Perc +13 |

Kyra strides forward and calls on her divine patron again. A blazing ray lances from her upheld ankh and strikes the large ooze that had so troubled Ezren.

Searing light ranged spell attack, including bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 = 30
Fire damage: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 2, 1) = 11

Sovereign Court

Lost on the Spirit Road | Starship Combat

Fumbus chills the cube, while Kyra burns the jelly. Amiri lands a massive swing, which tears her foe in two identical pieces. The second chunk animates against her as well. The barbarian is grabbed, but not too hurt.

Another cube is generated, and it slowly squelches onto the walkway after Fumbus. Bijan sloshes through the muck to stick a tool into a very precise spot on the machine. Its activity ceases instantly.

Rolls:
Pink vs. Valeros: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Pink vs. Valeros: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Pink vs. Valeros: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Green vs. Kyra: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (5) + (3, 3) + 7 = 18

Yellow vs. Amiri: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (5) + (3, 1) + 7 = 16
Amiri Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 3 = 7

Thievery: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Round Four/Five:
Kyra
(bless 10)
Ezren -47 (3 images)
Valeros -50
Merisiel
Fumbus
(bomber's eye)
Pink -40 (-10 speed)
Purple
Green -84
Yellow -95
Bijan -51
Amiri -39 (rage, grabbed, drained 3)


Amiri CN Female Human Barbarian 5 | 48/68 (83) 0/8 temp | AC 22 | Fort +12; Ref +10; Will +9 |Per: +9(E) | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Drained 3

Whoops

"What" Amiri tries to shrug it off.

Escape Action: Athletics vs Athletics DC of the ooze
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 Should be a success.

She then swings against the original ooze.
Attack+MAP
strike: 1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 5 = 142d12 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4) + 10 = 18


What a mess! Valeros shouts, smiling. He does seem to breathe in relief when the machine shuts down. Always sort of strange to fight something without a face, isn't it?

Double Slice
Longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12
Shield Boss: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 - 2 = 32 Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8 Nat 20!

Longsword: 1d20 + 16 - 10 ⇒ (10) + 16 - 10 = 16 Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 6) + 4 = 17

Recovery: 1d20 ⇒ 18 I think I still need damage from the last failed recovery check?

Will use Reactive Shield or Attack of Opportunity as reaction, whichever arises first.


Ezren | Human Wizard | HP 53 | AC 21* | Perception +9 | Saves: FORT +10 / REFLEX +12 / WILL +11 | Spell Attack +11 (DC 21) | Spells per Day: 5/3/3/2

Ezren, from a relatively safe distance (he hopes), fires several arcane bolts at the pair of oozes near Kyra.

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He fires at Yellow until he either runs out of missiles or it goes down. Any leftover missiles go to Green.

Sovereign Court

Lost on the Spirit Road | Starship Combat

Valeros: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

Valeros chips away at the cube. His strikes are hard, but he finds the ease with which he hits doesn't translate to finding any weak points.

Amiri breaks free and chops at the jelly again. Once more, it breaks apart, with more massive than it should have. "You fool!" Bijan yells. He quickly amends his mistake. "Swords may make the kill easier, but will not get you there. Their numbers could be better blown up, or something!"

Round Four/Five:
Kyra
(bless 10)
Ezren -47 (3 images)
Valeros -57
Merisiel
Fumbus
(bomber's eye)
Pink -77
Purple
Green -84
Orange -128
Yellow -136
Bijan -51
Amiri -39 (rage, drained 3)


Amiri CN Female Human Barbarian 5 | 48/68 (83) 0/8 temp | AC 22 | Fort +12; Ref +10; Will +9 |Per: +9(E) | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Drained 3

"Well, get over here and blow them up." Amiri yells back over the sounds of combat.


Kyra, F Human Cleric/5 AC 22 | HP 48/48 | F +9 R +9 W +13 | Perc +13 |

Kyra looks askance at her scimitar, then at the three slimes now facing her. "Fumbus! Trade you?" Then she retreats and slogs through the muck towards the alchemist, striding twice and then concentrating on her spell to widen it further.


With the device turned off finally, Merisiel runs up to help out Amiri. Well if swords will help, swords it is!”

She quick draws each of her weapons as she attacks.

Primary Attack with +1 striking rapier vs Green: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Primary Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10
Iterative Attack with +1 striking dagger vs Green: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 14 - 4 = 29
Iterative Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11


“Fumbus” | Male CN Small Goblin Alchemist 5 | Hero Points 0/1 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F/R/W +11/+13/+7 (Fire Resist 2 & Persist Fire only DC 10) | Perc +7, darkvision; Stealth +13 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: NA

Fumbus nods at the Barbarian, "Got it, INCOMMINNG!!!"

He darts between the two cubes and rushes across the room, aiming for a nice gentle spot on one of the oozes that will hit it and its friend.

Stride 2x, Quick Bomber Alchemist Fire at Orange aimed at the Red X, splash should get orange and yellow. 0/3 alch fires left.

Alchemist Fire Bomb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 for Fire: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 1) + 1 = 9 + 3 Persistent + 4 Splash.

Probably just 4 splash to both oozes unless that is a crit fumble, then no damage to anyone.

Sovereign Court

Lost on the Spirit Road | Starship Combat

Fumbus manages to hit the ponderously slow oozes. One is set alight, among the several that look to be on the brink of collapse. Merisiel stabs twice, causing her target to pop and releasing two more. None look very sturdy at this point, but Bijan curses. "Wizard! Blow them to bits while they are spread out, yet clustered!"

Merisiel and Amiri are caught again. The two Fumbus hurt break off to attack him, to no avail against the wily goblin. The cubes try to squelch through Kyra and Valeros, but find no purchase.

Rolls:
Valeros Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Kyra Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Green vs. Amiri: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + (1, 2) + 7 = 12
Green vs. Amiri: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (7) + (4, 2) + 7 = 20

Cyan vs. Merisiel: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + (1, 1) + 7 = 10

Blue vs. Merisiel: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (7) + (4, 4) + 7 = 22
Blue vs. Merisiel: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + (4, 1) + 7 = 13

Orange vs. Fumbus: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (6) + (4, 4) + 7 = 21

Orange Recovery: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Round Five/Six:
Kyra
(bless 15)
Ezren -47 (3 images)
Valeros -57
Merisiel -45 (grabbed)
Fumbus (bomber's eye)
Pink -77
Purple
Green -133
Cyan -117
Blue -134
Orange -144 (persistent 3)
Yellow -140
Bijan -51
Amiri -51 (rage, grabbed, drained 3)


“Fumbus” | Male CN Small Goblin Alchemist 5 | Hero Points 0/1 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F/R/W +11/+13/+7 (Fire Resist 2 & Persist Fire only DC 10) | Perc +7, darkvision; Stealth +13 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: NA

Fumbus quickly falls back RUNS AWAY while reaching into his pouch, going for another fire-bomb. His fingers close on air and before he can even think about it, he pulls out one of his cold vials and lobs it back at the other slime, hoping to hit both again. He then bolts up and around the corner, praying that the old man can keep up as he draws the oozes away from the rest of the group.

Stride (yellow line), Quick Bomber Frost Vial (0/3 remain) at Yellow targeting red X again, Stride (orange line).

Frost Vial Bomb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 for Cold: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9 + 4 Splash to yellow & orange. Yellow, if hit, is slowed by 10 ft for 1 round.


Ezren | Human Wizard | HP 53 | AC 21* | Perception +9 | Saves: FORT +10 / REFLEX +12 / WILL +11 | Spell Attack +11 (DC 21) | Spells per Day: 5/3/3/2

"Amiri! Meresiel! Get clear of those things as quickly as possible. I'm going to drop a fireball right between them, so it's going to get very hot, very fast! Get clear!"

As a Free Action, Ezren will drain is staff using Arcane Bond to get his Fireball back.

I will use my 3 actions once I see Amiri and Meresiel post.


Kyra, F Human Cleric/5 AC 22 | HP 48/48 | F +9 R +9 W +13 | Perc +13 |

With a graceful set of slashes, Kyra cuts at the cubical oozes facing her and Valeros.

First attack, including bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 = 26
Second attack, including bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
Third attack, including bless: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 1 = 17

Start with the wounded one, and move to the unwounded one if the first one goes down. Note that since her scimitar has the Sweep property she adds +1 to hit against the second cube.

First attack damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6) + 3 = 12
Second attack damage: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6) + 3 + 1 = 16
Third attack damage: 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 + 2 = 8


Amiri CN Female Human Barbarian 5 | 48/68 (83) 0/8 temp | AC 22 | Fort +12; Ref +10; Will +9 |Per: +9(E) | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Drained 3

Escape Action: Athletics vs Athletics DC of the ooze
Athletics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 I hope that is enough.

"Got it" grunts as she moves away. She then moves beside Kyra.


Anyone besides Ez got anything we can blow these things up with?

Going to delay until after Ezren throws his fireball.


Kyra, F Human Cleric/5 AC 22 | HP 48/48 | F +9 R +9 W +13 | Perc +13 |

"I don't have any spells left that would work."


Ezren | Human Wizard | HP 53 | AC 21* | Perception +9 | Saves: FORT +10 / REFLEX +12 / WILL +11 | Spell Attack +11 (DC 21) | Spells per Day: 5/3/3/2

"I've got more than enough fireballs to blast these foul creatures. I just need everyone clear of the blast zones!" shouts Ezren to the rest of the team.


Athletics to attempt to escape grapple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Athletics to attempt to escape grapple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

"I'd really, really like to, Beardy, but it's not going to so great."


Ezren | Human Wizard | HP 53 | AC 21* | Perception +9 | Saves: FORT +10 / REFLEX +12 / WILL +11 | Spell Attack +11 (DC 21) | Spells per Day: 5/3/3/2

You can use Acrobatics on the escape check.

That should get you to 22

That should be a success

Sovereign Court

Lost on the Spirit Road | Starship Combat

Yeah, that'll do it. Run, then it's bombs fire away!


Heard that loud and clear, Valeros says and skirts around the nearest gooey pile of moving gunk and rushes back to stand near the wizard and raise his shield.


Ezren | Human Wizard | HP 53 | AC 21* | Perception +9 | Saves: FORT +10 / REFLEX +12 / WILL +11 | Spell Attack +11 (DC 21) | Spells per Day: 5/3/3/2
GM Crunch wrote:
Yeah, that'll do it. Run, then it's bombs fire away!

I did a bot on the movement of Meresiel based on your approval GM Crunch.

Seeing his comrades clear the area, Ezren drops a hellish ball of flame directly between the two groups of slimy creatures. As the pea-sized spell hits the sludge, it explodes out into a fiery blast of super-heated air and searing flame!

Fireball damage: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 5, 2, 3, 3) = 22

"Take that you unnatural fiends!" shouts the wizard, barely heard above the roaring of the blast.

I believe it will strike each of the 5 split creatures. DC is 21 vs. Reflex.


Kyra, F Human Cleric/5 AC 22 | HP 48/48 | F +9 R +9 W +13 | Perc +13 |

What were the results of Kyra's attacks on the cubes?

Sovereign Court

Lost on the Spirit Road | Starship Combat

Ezren's ball of fire wipes out every offshoot of the ooze. It superheats their remains and the sludge underfoot, leaving a cloud of greenish steam and the worst smell you've ever known in your long careers.

Bijan gapes for a moment, but hurries forward with a kukri to stab the cube Valeros had been after. It collapses. Its fellow, the last remaining foe, tries to catch Amiri and Kyra. But it fails miserably. Kyra carves several more chunks out of it as recompense.

Rolls:
Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Cyan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Orange: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Amiri Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Kyra Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Round Six/Seven:
Kyra
(bless 15)
Ezren -47 (3 images)
Valeros -57
Merisiel -45
Fumbus (bomber's eye)
Purple -36
Bijan -51
Amiri -51 (rage, drained 3)


“Fumbus” | Male CN Small Goblin Alchemist 5 | Hero Points 0/1 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F/R/W +11/+13/+7 (Fire Resist 2 & Persist Fire only DC 10) | Perc +7, darkvision; Stealth +13 | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: NA

Fumbus looks in his pack and then whips out his dogslicer, hoofing it over to where the last ooze is attempting to eat his fellow pathfinders.

Almost outta bombs, better save these last couple in case fancy pants there betrays us. Starting to smell a bit like home though at least.

Interact to draw dogslicer, Stride 2x.


Kyra, F Human Cleric/5 AC 22 | HP 48/48 | F +9 R +9 W +13 | Perc +13 |

Kyra dodges the onrushing ooze and slices at it again.

First attack, including bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 = 16
Second attack, including bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
Third attack, including bless: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10

First attack damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 4) + 3 = 12
Second attack damage: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 + 1 = 8
Third attack damage, if applicable: 2d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 + 2 = 12


Ezren | Human Wizard | HP 53 | AC 21* | Perception +9 | Saves: FORT +10 / REFLEX +12 / WILL +11 | Spell Attack +11 (DC 21) | Spells per Day: 5/3/3/2

Ezren will continue to be cautious, keeping his distance from anything that could possibly harm his feeble frame. He conjures a ray of frost and directs it at the remaining enemy creature.

Spell Attack Roll: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Frost damage: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) + 4 = 12

Sovereign Court

Lost on the Spirit Road | Starship Combat

Kyra slices the cube thrice more. Ezren's cold follows up, freezing it just enough. Even less able to control its movements than normal, it tips over and shatters on the ground.

The sounds of combat quickly die down. All that remains is the stench and Bijan. He looks ready to slink away, but can tell he wouldn't make it five paces. His eyes rove over Zaynap's body and each of you in turn. "...What do you want?"

201 to 250 of 275 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Crunch's Origin of the Open Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.