DM Khel's Trailblazers' Bounty (Inactive)

Game Master Khelreddin


101 to 150 of 241 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

Male, CG, Human | HP 23/24 AC: 14| F: +7 R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 (E)
Class Abilities:
  • Rage ◆
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "I've got a grappling hook if any of you have a keen eye for throwing. I'm not bad, but I'm no expert."

    Grappling hooks are a secret ranged attack. Can we do that first to make the trip easier, or is there nothing up top for the hook?


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    You went to the trouble and expense of buying a grappling hook, I'm going to say there's enough rocks up top for it to catch on, if the secret check is successful. I didn't realize they worked that way, that's an awesome mechanic. Just let me know who's going to make the toss and I'll roll.

    Horizon Hunters

    Male NG Human (half-elf) Rgr1 | HP: 1/21 AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Perc: +6 [E] (low-light vision) | Default exploration: Scout | Hero Points: 0/1

    Hampton is a +6 on ranged attacks, and is more than willing.

    Vigilant Seal

    CG Halfling Rogue/Sorcerer Detective | HP 12/24 | AC 19 | Class DC 18 | F: +5, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Sling +8 1d6+4, Melee: Short Sword +8 1d6+4 Active conditions: None

    Packet is a +8 so he can throw it, but he’s not the best climber.

    ”Did someone mention a keen eye?”

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Human | HP 23/24 AC: 14| F: +7 R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 (E)
    Class Abilities:
  • Rage ◆
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    "Packet, you throw, and I'll climb."

    Athletics (Climb): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    DM Screen:

    1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

    Packet takes his own grappling hook from his pack, makes sure the rope is firmly attached to it and begins to spin it faster and faster. He releases it on the upswing and it arcs high, hitting the rocks just above the lip of the cliff with a clang!

    Climb time, rules are here.


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    Ninja'd by 34 seconds. I would have been there first if my cat hadn't been walking on my keyboard.

    Rax gets about five feet off the ground, and the grappling hook seems to be holding firm.

    Go ahead and make multiple checks in a post. You need four more successes to reach the top.

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Human | HP 23/24 AC: 14| F: +7 R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 (E)
    Class Abilities:
  • Rage ◆
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Athletics (Climb): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
    Athletics (Climb): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 So long as this isn't a crit failure, I should be good
    Athletics (Climb): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
    Athletics (Climb): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    Rax nimbly reaches the top of the cliff, only to find he’s not the only one there! A group of mountain goats are contentedly grazing on the grass on the cliff top. Rax instinctively ducks down to avoid being seen, and the goats seem unaware of him for the moment.

    Since Stealth is called out as an option at this point, and it’s a secret check anyway, I went ahead and made the check for Rax.

    DM Screen:

    1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

    Map is updated.

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Human | HP 23/24 AC: 14| F: +7 R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 (E)
    Class Abilities:
  • Rage ◆
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Rax gets up slowly and calmly. He then beckons the others to come up QUIETLY....

    If the goats take note:

    I have ZERO idea if this is even a reasonable thing to try, but goats are yummy and not scary (until they headbutt me down the slope.)

    He tries to do his best shepherd dog impression to shoo the goats away from the rope so he can get everyone else up top. Nature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    That’s in fact the very skill and general approach called for in the scenario, Rax.

    As Rax gets to his feet, the goats start in surprise and alarm! They turn to face him, lowering their horns, snorting and scraping fiercely at the ground with their forehoofs! Rax recognizes this as territorial behavior, and manages to convey through his sheep-dog pantomime that he means no harm to the herd.

    DM Screen:
    1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

    Need a few more people at the top to make Nature checks to try to calm them, so it’s climb time again! Athletics DC with the rope is 12, you need a total of 5 successes (with a crit success counting as 2). You only fall on a crit fail, which is a natural 1 on the d20 or a result of 2 or less.

    Vigilant Seal

    CG Halfling Rogue/Sorcerer Detective | HP 12/24 | AC 19 | Class DC 18 | F: +5, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Sling +8 1d6+4, Melee: Short Sword +8 1d6+4 Active conditions: None

    Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
    Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
    Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
    Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

    Vigilant Seal

    CG Halfling Rogue/Sorcerer Detective | HP 12/24 | AC 19 | Class DC 18 | F: +5, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Sling +8 1d6+4, Melee: Short Sword +8 1d6+4 Active conditions: None

    Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
    Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
    Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

    And he tries to clime even more!

    Assuming he gets to the top, Packet will try to tame the rowdy goats.

    Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Male Halfling Wizard 1 HP 13/13 FP 1 Per +4 AC 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +6

    athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 20
    athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 7
    athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 4
    athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 6
    athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 18

    Biago can't seem to get up the hill.


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    In trying to calm the goats, Packet is a little too eager, waving his arms as if he wants the goats to think he's just a harmless bird. This does not have the desired effect, and one of the goats snorts fiercely in response.

    That's one success and one failure in attempting to calm the goats.

    Biago - You can keep rolling until you get 5 successes and reach the top, or get a crit fail and fall. At this point, you have 3 successes (1 crit and 1 regular), so you are 15 feet up a 25-foot climb. Once you get to the top, please make a Nature check as well.

    Horizon Hunters

    Male NG Human (half-elf) Rgr1 | HP: 1/21 AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Perc: +6 [E] (low-light vision) | Default exploration: Scout | Hero Points: 0/1

    Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 success x2
    Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 success
    Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 fail, not crit fail
    Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 um...PLEASE ACCEPT THIS HERO POINT AS TRIBUTE
    Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 success x2

    Once up top, he spies the goats and tries to calm them.
    Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Male Halfling Wizard 1 HP 13/13 FP 1 Per +4 AC 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +6

    athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 18
    athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 3
    athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 6
    athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 13

    nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

    Biago finally makes it to the top.


    M Human Fighter 1 [ HP: 20/20 (0 NL) | AC 18 (20 w/ shield) | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Effects: none ]

    Valeros joins the others in scaling the cliff face and trying to pull the wool over the goats' eyes.

    Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
    Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
    Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
    Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
    Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
    Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

    Guessing that'll do it.

    Nature: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    Well, we had an opportunity for a fun fight with goats who can butt you off the edge of the cliff, but Biago and Valeros had to go and exactly hit the DC to calm the goats. Spoilsports!

    Hampton, Biago and Valeros haul themselves up to the top of the cliff. Hampton, having dealt with wild beasts before, opts to look non-threatening by not making eye contact and thoughtfully studying a rock. Biago and Valeros, though less experienced in such practical matters of dealing with nature, follow Hampton’s lead. The goats, concluding that the two-legged interlopers eat rocks and are not likely to interfere with their grazing, quickly settle down and resume nibbling grass.

    With the goats calmed, the Pathfinders are able to take in the sweeping view from the clifftop, and they realize there is much to be learned here that might benefit a route from Elidir to Canorate.

    Skills time again! Sorry if it feels like this is a skills-only scenario, but you guys keep avoiding or summarily ending the combats. Here are the things you can do from this spot and the relevant skills:

    Learn how to handle the goats, turning a hazard into a resource. Nature
    Chart the lands visible from the clifftop. Cartography or Scribing Lore, or Crafting
    Recognize valuable terrain resources such as climbing spots and streams. Nature or Mountain or Scouting Lore
    Identify grazing areas and places medicinal plants and mosses might grow. Nature or Herbalism Lore
    Spot a potential meltwater hazard that’s obvious when seen from the high vantage point. Perception, Nature check, or Mountain or Scouting
    Identify the cliff overhang as a good resting spot for travelers. Survival or Perception
    If the overhang is identified as a good resting spot, clear an area at the base of the cliff so it provides better shelter. Craft or Athletics

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Human | HP 23/24 AC: 14| F: +7 R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 (E)
    Class Abilities:
  • Rage ◆
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Rax eyes the situation, picking where best to focus his efforts:

    He looks over all the various places rich in resources for the terrain: Mountain Lore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

    He looks over from the vantage point, picking out where the potential hazards after a melt might come: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

    He checks out various overhang locales: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

    He then clears out the base: Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

    Vigilant Seal

    CG Halfling Rogue/Sorcerer Detective | HP 12/24 | AC 19 | Class DC 18 | F: +5, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Sling +8 1d6+4, Melee: Short Sword +8 1d6+4 Active conditions: None

    Packet gets go work!

    Handle the goats
    Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

    Recognize terrain resources
    Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    Identify grazing areas or herbs
    Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

    Spot meltwater hazards
    Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

    Identify a good resting spot
    Perception : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

    Clear an area to provide shelter
    Athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    Rax has good luck spotting the flooding hazard from meltwater, and noting that the overhang would make a good shelter from the elements, but gets tired before he finishes clearing out the sheltered area. He’s pretty sure he sees a stream flowing up a steep hill in the distance as well.

    Packet manages to overcome his original awkwardness with the goats, and they actually seem to come to trust him – but he’s a bit too distracted by this exciting development to make much progress in his other attempted tasks.

    That is 3 successes and one crit fail, here are the remaining tasks:

    Chart the lands visible from the clifftop. Cartography or Scribing Lore, or Crafting
    Identify grazing areas and places medicinal plants and mosses might grow. Nature or Herbalism Lore
    If the overhang is identified as a good resting spot, clear an area at the base of the cliff so it provides better shelter. Craft or Athletics

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Male Halfling Wizard 1 HP 13/13 FP 1 Per +4 AC 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +6

    Biago will try to chart the lands
    craft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

    Horizon Hunters

    Male NG Human (half-elf) Rgr1 | HP: 1/21 AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Perc: +6 [E] (low-light vision) | Default exploration: Scout | Hero Points: 0/1

    Hampton applies himself to a couple of the tasks at hand.

    Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
    Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

    ...with mixed results.


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    Biago draws up a useful sketch of the surround terrain, and Hampton has better luck than his companions in identifying valuable resources in the surrounding terrain.

    Gang - I was a bit concerned about the way the Discovery Points were stacking up, so I looked for more info. Found a developer’s explanation about how to run these skills challenges and learned that I should apply the highest result out of all checks for a particular challenge. Which means there is a chance to revise some of the failed results (which I’ve marked in bold below). If you haven’t made checks on the failed results, and you’re willing to risk a crit fail on a given skill, feel free to roll that check.

    Learn how to handle the goats, turning a hazard into a resource. Nature - success
    Chart the lands visible from the clifftop. Cartography or Scribing Lore, or Crafting - success
    Recognize valuable terrain resources such as climbing spots and streams. Nature or Mountain or Scouting Lore – fail
    Identify grazing areas and places medicinal plants and mosses might grow. Nature or Herbalism Lore- success
    Spot a potential meltwater hazard that’s obvious when seen from the high vantage point. Perception, Nature check, or Mountain or Scouting - success
    Identify the cliff overhang as a good resting spot for travelers. Survival or Perception - success
    If the overhang is identified as a good resting spot, clear an area at the base of the cliff so it provides better shelter. Craft or Athletics – fail


    M Human Fighter 1 [ HP: 20/20 (0 NL) | AC 18 (20 w/ shield) | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Effects: none ]

    Valeros looks for valuable terrain resources while he clears a spot at the base of the cliff.

    Nature: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
    Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    Valeros knows nothing of nature, nor is his strength great enough to clear out the overhung area of the cliff. Perhaps Biago’s wits could do the job?

    Biago – the two failed checks are in areas where you are trained (Nature & Crafting) and have not yet rolled. I’m going to wait to have you roll those, since you guys are right on the edge as far as sufficient Discovery Points.

    Learn how to handle the goats, turning a hazard into a resource. Nature - success
    Chart the lands visible from the clifftop. Cartography or Scribing Lore, or Crafting - success
    Recognize valuable terrain resources such as climbing spots and streams. Nature or Mountain or Scouting Lore – fail
    Identify grazing areas and places medicinal plants and mosses might grow. Nature or Herbalism Lore- success
    Spot a potential meltwater hazard that’s obvious when seen from the high vantage point. Perception, Nature check, or Mountain or Scouting - success
    Identify the cliff overhang as a good resting spot for travelers. Survival or Perception - success
    If the overhang is identified as a good resting spot, clear an area at the base of the cliff so it provides better shelter. Craft or Athletics – fail

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Male Halfling Wizard 1 HP 13/13 FP 1 Per +4 AC 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +6

    crafting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
    nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    Biago uses the might of his brain rather than his back, and comes up with some clever applications of leverage to clear out a couple of large boulders and make the overhang a more comfortable space. With little more they can learn here, the heroes make their way carefully down the rope, with Rax and Valeros coming up with a neat trick at the end, where the loop the rope over a knob of rock for the final descent, allowing them to recover both the rope and the grappling hook, rather than leaving it in place on the cliff.

    Continuing their journey down the mountains, Hampton and Packet struggle a bit, and Biago worries he might go hungry, but collectively the party makes good progress. They come to the narrow head of a valley, which opens up as they descend, and forms a large, shallow bowl across the center. The terrain becomes more marshy, with trees and shrubs stunted by the damp. The scent of animal musk hangs in the air.

    As the party approaches a slightly less damp area, a [url= https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VqCFcSwLQ9nkx_71cSaoEE3Qvvs45QKk]massive, shaggy wolf steps out from the bushes, his size underscored by the two regular-sized wolves who follow. ”Greetings, travelers,” the wolf says, to the astonishment of the Pathfinders. ”I am Odvar, and I welcome you here. Though I must ask, what are you doing here, all alone in the mountains?”

    You can make Nature or Arcana checks to recall knowledge about the big wolf. Please make the checks behind a spoiler.

    Nature, result of 26+ (or a natural 20):
    You know this creature is a warg, a deadly, intelligent predator that often allies with goblinoids. They like to taunt their victims, and can snap at nearby enemiess with astonishing speed.

    Nature, result of 16-25:
    You know this creature is a warg, a deadly, intelligent predator that often allies with goblinoids.

    Nature, result of 6 or less (or a natural 1):
    You know that this is a warm (yes, warm), and that they sometimes ally with orcs and make them less hostile towards outsiders.

    I can’t bring myself to ask for my skill checks, so I’m just going to roll the Athletics and Survival checks for travel and foraging. I’ll use Assurance on Survival for Hampton and Rax, since it succeeded previously.

    Athletics & Survival checks (not secret):

    Athletics
    Biago: 1d20 ⇒ 17
    Hampton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
    Packet: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
    Valeros: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
    Vercingeterax: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

    Survival
    Biago: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
    Hampton: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
    Packet: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
    Valeros: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
    Vercingeterax: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

    Vigilant Seal

    CG Halfling Rogue/Sorcerer Detective | HP 12/24 | AC 19 | Class DC 18 | F: +5, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Sling +8 1d6+4, Melee: Short Sword +8 1d6+4 Active conditions: None

    Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

    Horizon Hunters

    Male NG Human (half-elf) Rgr1 | HP: 1/21 AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Perc: +6 [E] (low-light vision) | Default exploration: Scout | Hero Points: 0/1

    Nature:
    Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

    Alone? We are not alone. We have each other, after all, Hampton says warily.

    GM:
    Is Hampton's 18 enough to know that Wargs are usually evil? Or no?

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Human | HP 23/24 AC: 14| F: +7 R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 (E)
    Class Abilities:
  • Rage ◆
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    DM:
    Nature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
    "Hard for a group to be alone. Just sayin'" Rax hushes in case he's getting the party in trouble.


    M Human Fighter 1 [ HP: 20/20 (0 NL) | AC 18 (20 w/ shield) | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Effects: none ]

    Nature:
    1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

    Valeros grips his weapon and shield a bit more tightly, a wary gleam entering his eye as he studies the creature. "Perhaps we seek the Shattered Fangs," he offers without conviction. "Then again, perhaps we merely wander."


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    Well, we got a 50% compliance rate with the request to post your checks in spoilers. Better than nothin’, I suppose.

    Packet:
    You know this creature is a warg, a deadly, intelligent predator that often allies with goblinoids. You have heard that they sometimes ally with orcs and make them less hostile towards outsiders.

    Hampton, and anyone else who succeeded on the Nature check:
    You also know that wargs are evil.

    ”Oh, but you travel in such a small pack,” Odvar replies. ”Rumor has it that travelers have been passing through, seeking a potential caravan route from Isger. I’d be happy to offer myself as an employee, helping guide and protect the caravan. I would ask very little in return – all I’d want in payment is a plump halfling or two, not a steep price for a Chelaxian.”

    Horizon Hunters

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male, CG, Human | HP 23/24 AC: 14| F: +7 R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 (E)
    Class Abilities:
  • Rage ◆
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Sorry, old habits and all. Fixed.

    "Yeah, well, I want a new fur cloak, so one of us is going to be disappointed..."

    Horizon Hunters

    Male NG Human (half-elf) Rgr1 | HP: 1/21 AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Perc: +6 [E] (low-light vision) | Default exploration: Scout | Hero Points: 0/1

    Hampton grimaces. We are disinclined to sacrifice halflings, plump or otherwise, the Osiriani says. For any sort of consideration.

    Vigilant Seal

    Male Male Halfling Wizard 1 HP 13/13 FP 1 Per +4 AC 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +6

    "I have had enough of the likes of you in my life" Biago says indignantly. "I lived under the thumb of Chelaxians too long, and when my mother, Crocus, helped overthrow the rule of Cheliax in Kintargo, it was the best day of my life. I think you will find me to be your attempt at a meal."

    Vigilant Seal

    CG Halfling Rogue/Sorcerer Detective | HP 12/24 | AC 19 | Class DC 18 | F: +5, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Sling +8 1d6+4, Melee: Short Sword +8 1d6+4 Active conditions: None

    ”Am I being called plump? Did I hear correctly? I would normally be fine with the idea of an alliance, especially if you could negotiate with the orcs on our behalf and make them less hostile towards us. But since you would rather insult halflings, let alone eat us, then I say no deal!”


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    The warg’s hackles rise at Rax’s answer, and as the rest of the Pathfinders variously threaten or deny him, his patience is tested beyond its limits. The warg and his pack-mates spring to attack, but some of the Pathfinders are quicker on their feet!

    Initiative:

    Biago: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
    Hampton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
    Packet: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
    Valeros: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    Vercingeterax: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
    Warg: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
    Wolves: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

    Round 1 Initiative:
    Vercingeterax
    Hampton
    Valeros

    Wolves
    Packet
    Warg
    Biago

    Bold are up! Given that you have been traveling for days and days and can’t have your weapons drawn all the time, I’m going to say no one has weapons out at this moment.

    New map is up.

    Horizon Hunters

    Male NG Human (half-elf) Rgr1 | HP: 1/21 AC: 18 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +4 | Perc: +6 [E] (low-light vision) | Default exploration: Scout | Hero Points: 0/1

    Hampton chuckles quietly at Rax's response and makes a mental note to try and preserve the warg pelt as best as possible as he moves to get a clear shot at the evil wolf and draws his bow, designating the warg as his prey.

    Stride, Interact to Draw, Hunt Prey.


    M Human Fighter 1 [ HP: 20/20 (0 NL) | AC 18 (20 w/ shield) | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perc +5 (expert) | Effects: none ]

    Valeros sets his jaw and edges forward, drawing his sword and preparing to meet the creature's attack. Or attacking, if Rax really is up next to them.

    If Rax is not, in fact, next to them: draw sword, move closer (not adjacent), and draw shield.

    If Rax is adjacent:
    Draw sword, move all the way to the square below Rax, attack with sword.

    Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
    Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Human | HP 23/24 AC: 14| F: +7 R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 (E)
    Class Abilities:
  • Rage ◆
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Can't get to map ATM. No wifi. Will post at lunch.


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    That’s a nice long lunch, Rax. I’m going to presume you meant to move to that spot, in order to resolve Valeros’ post.

    Hampton moves into position and Valeros goes straight at it, cutting the warg and staining his white fur red with blood!

    Round 1 Initiative:
    Vercingeterax
    Hampton
    Valeros
    Wolves
    Packet
    Warg (-6 hp)
    Biago

    Rax is up!

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Human | HP 23/24 AC: 14| F: +7 R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 (E)
    Class Abilities:
  • Rage ◆
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Dang it! I posted... grrrr.... Rax gives a warcry worth of Gorum as he charges the worg. He looks to cut the head off of the enemy forces, literally.

    ATK!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 for DMG: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    Rax cuts the warg badly, but it keeps its feet! The yellow-eyed wolf, who is mangy indeed, circles around the fray like a pack hunter, dodging clear of Valeros’ blade on the way. The two wolves then bite at Rax!

    Yellow Bite vs Rax: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 If this hits, make a DC 14 Fort save vs fleas or be sickened 1 for 1 minute
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    Red Bite vs Rax: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 If this hits, make a DC 14 Fort save vs fleas or be sickened 1 for 1 minute
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    Red Bite vs Rax: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 5 = 7 If this hits, make a DC 14 Fort save vs fleas or be sickened 1 for 1 minute
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Red Bite vs Rax: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 10 = -2 If this hits, make a DC 14 Fort save vs fleas or be sickened 1 for 1 minute
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

    Round 1 Initiative:
    Vercingeterax
    Hampton
    Valeros
    Wolves
    Packet
    Warg (-24 hp)
    Biago

    Packet is up!

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Human | HP 23/24 AC: 14| F: +7 R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 (E)
    Class Abilities:
  • Rage ◆
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    I'm an idiot. I forgot to rage. I'll learn the hard way apparently.

    FORT 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
    FORT 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

    Net result: not sickened. HP: 19/24.


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    You got a 13 on your first save, and the DC is 14, so you should be sickened 1. Am I missing some barbarian ability or something?

    Horizon Hunters

    Male, CG, Human | HP 23/24 AC: 14| F: +7 R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 (E)
    Class Abilities:
  • Rage ◆
  • Default Exploration: Scout

    Nope, the issue is 100% me not paying attention. Carry on.

    Vigilant Seal

    CG Halfling Rogue/Sorcerer Detective | HP 12/24 | AC 19 | Class DC 18 | F: +5, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Sling +8 1d6+4, Melee: Short Sword +8 1d6+4 Active conditions: None

    Packet moves in, draws his short sword, and tries to stab the yellow wolf, hopefully advantage of a flank to get a sneak attack.

    Stab: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

    Sneak attack: 1d6 ⇒ 2


    DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

    Oops, I goofed on scaling this encounter – there’s another wolf! I’ve placed it a little ways away on the map, and it’ll join soon. Too bad it missed its initiative…

    And that’s a crit, Packet!

    Packet’s single, well-placed strike is enough to take down the yellow-eyed wolf! Odvar snarls fiercely as one his pack falls, then bounds deftly away from the large warriors before him! He darts through the bushes and leaps at Biago, his ferocious jaws open wide!

    Bite vs Biago: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
    Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

    Round 1/2 Initiative:
    Vercingeterax (sickened 1)
    Hampton
    Valeros

    Wolves
    Packet
    Warg (-24 hp)
    Biago

    Biago is up, then everyone else in bold is up for the top of round 2!

    Rax - you can spend an Interact action to scratch the fleas and remove of the sickened condition.

    101 to 150 of 241 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khel's Trailblazers' Bounty All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.