The Fall of Plaguestone

Game Master Eric Collins - France

The Fall of Plaguestone
Current Map
Loot & spoils of war


1,551 to 1,600 of 2,219 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

If Sitril exits and goes along with all this--
(moving things along, but we will retcon if you wanted instead to charge inside or whatever)

--you set up some meat outside the tunnel.

Tamerius - and Sitril - can place their minis where wish to be.

You start waiting...


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

After about two hours you start to get a bit hungry yourselves.
Lunch-time has passed...
You look at one another: keep on waiting?


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Time goes on... another hour, maybe.
But those plates are starting to look good now.
Leave all that nice meat for the wolves?


Female Gnome (Umbral) | HP 23/28 | 1 Hero Point | Perception +6 (Darkvision); +7 against traps (Trapfinder); +8 against lies | AC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +6 | Hands: Shortbow when travelling

Wait, if after one hour it doesn't work:

Giggett gets next to the food, takes a piece of cloth from her backpack and use it to blow on the plate in the direction of the hole, hoping that the smell of food will get to the wolves.

And if it really doesn't work:

Giggett puts the plate a bit close to the hole, throwing a piece of meat in the entrance.

Were the wolves looking like they were starving?


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

So, as time went by, just before, you try to blow the smell of the dried meat and such into the hole... and then, later, entice the mutated wolves further, by tossing some meat in, and getting plate really close.

But, still... nothing happens.

The wolves did not seem starving or particularly skinny.

Is that meat spoiled now, you wonder, because you sure could eat some.


Human Cleric 2| HP 23/24 AC 15| F +4 R +5 W +10| Speed 25| Perception +8 | Focus 1/1

Lets try to fill the place with smoke. May be it will make them wanting to get out?

Tamerius starts collecting green wood.


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

You know it will probably be difficult sending smoke down, since it mainly rises... down a tunnel and around a bend.
See where you put the fire and who and how you move the smoke etc.
(on another note, I'll see how to maybe adapt, but Smoke only gives concealment in the CRB)


Female Gnome (Umbral) | HP 23/28 | 1 Hero Point | Perception +6 (Darkvision); +7 against traps (Trapfinder); +8 against lies | AC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +6 | Hands: Shortbow when travelling

What check would you ask to do that?

Giggett frowns:

"It seems these wolves don't eat... So, let's go for the smoke idea."


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Try what you feel works. Nature, Survival, Smoking-Wolves-Out Lore gets a bonus!


Female Human Fighter | HP 32/32 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 20 ft. | AC 19 ; 21 w. Shield Raised | Fort' +8 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +4 | Active conditions:

Natsume figures she’s got a decent enough shot at it!

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Human Cleric 2| HP 23/24 AC 15| F +4 R +5 W +10| Speed 25| Perception +8 | Focus 1/1

Survival (smocking halfling): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Used to have that method to get out halfling’s slaves from their hideout by smoking out them, Tamerius quickly set out a very smoky fire next to the entrance. Using his cape as a conductor of smoke to be sure that the smoke get down the tunnel while using sludge and branches to help the smoke stay on the right path.

That’s how you do it for the slave to come out of their hideout. I have use this method with success quite many time with my brother on my father’s properties.


Female Gnome (Umbral) | HP 23/28 | 1 Hero Point | Perception +6 (Darkvision); +7 against traps (Trapfinder); +8 against lies | AC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +6 | Hands: Shortbow when travelling

"Thanks Tamerius, but I'm not sure I want all the details. I have a vivid imagination..."

Giggett gets back to her position.

"I think they have enough smoke, come to cover!"

Giggett's ready with her bow and mutagen at hand.


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Giggett is back in the trees.

Tamerius is using his cape to push smoke down into the den.

Natsume helped light the fire-- and then moved back into the trees?

And Sitril remained behind his log ?.


NG Male Dwarf (Strong-Blooded) Barbarian 2 | 20 ft. | Active Conditions: --- HP 18/40 | AC 19 (-1 when raging) | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 (Darkvision) | Stealth +6 |

Sorry was away yesterday, it was a doughnut-eating day ;) And it was more consuming than I expected ;P

Sitril was sitting behind the log and looked at the meat on the plate getting hungry himself. So he reached out for his food rations beginning to chew on a rough biscuit and a bite of cheese.

When the idea of luring the wolves on the food was abandoned he says:

"Did the big body of the wolve shown any signs of being eaten? We saw marks of other wolves carrying food to that place. It could be that the two mutated ones never leave that place."

Sitril looks at Tamerius the Smokewisperer with amazement. How is he doing those things with the smoke so effectively? That man must have spent his childhood doing some weird stuff. Thinks to himself chewing on some salvaged bacon from the plate while rubbing his chin with his two-handed dwarven ax.

Long story short Sitril is doing nothing ;) Until something will work.


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

As Tamerius is fanning the smoke down the hole, not missing a whisp--
Can you show where the fire? (maybe move the little red mark) And place your mini.

--Giggett is ready with bow and potion in hand, in the trees.

Sitril is cutting lone hairs from his beard with his ax.

And Natsume, having helped light the fire-- then moved back into the trees? (can you place your mini too, please?)

For those who got a glimpse of the big body of the wolf, it did not show signs of being eaten.


Female Gnome (Umbral) | HP 23/28 | 1 Hero Point | Perception +6 (Darkvision); +7 against traps (Trapfinder); +8 against lies | AC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +6 | Hands: Shortbow when travelling

Looks like you'll be in frontline at the start of the fight Tamerius. Don't hesitate to use a hero point for initiative ;)


Female Human Fighter | HP 32/32 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 20 ft. | AC 19 ; 21 w. Shield Raised | Fort' +8 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +4 | Active conditions:

My mini is already placed where I was planning to be... but if Tamerius has to stay there to blow smoke, I think I'll move up to stay next to him, shield raised!


Human Cleric 2| HP 23/24 AC 15| F +4 R +5 W +10| Speed 25| Perception +8 | Focus 1/1

Placed my mimi and the fire


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

While Tamerius is sending smoke down the steps and into the den--

Tamerius:
You think you hear something moving on the stairs below, then moving away.

Natsume:
You hear a wolf moving on the stairs below, it sniffs around and then leaves back down into the den.
There is a fire blocking the corridor, and wolves do not like fire.

--Natsume remains beside him.

GM Rolls:
1d100 ⇒ 161d100 ⇒ 87
1d10 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 111d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 41d20 ⇒ 14


Female Human Fighter | HP 32/32 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 20 ft. | AC 19 ; 21 w. Shield Raised | Fort' +8 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +4 | Active conditions:

Natsume rubs her chin with the butt of her flail handle. "I think we've got a bit of a... problem? Kind of? They won't come out with this fire here," she points out. "Although if they choke to death on the smoke, that's better than fighting them, I guess!"


Human Cleric 2| HP 23/24 AC 15| F +4 R +5 W +10| Speed 25| Perception +8 | Focus 1/1

I will get the fire a little farther to make them come out.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Survival (HP): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Tamerius moves the fire so the wolfs will be able to come out one way.
replace me, the fire and Natsume on the map


Female Human Fighter | HP 32/32 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 20 ft. | AC 19 ; 21 w. Shield Raised | Fort' +8 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +4 | Active conditions:

Good Natsume placement!


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Tamerius pulls the fire back, and keeps on fanning it with his cape, sending the thick grey smoke towards the stairs and down into the den.

Natsume has remained close by, just in case.
Just in case--

--this happens: you all see the snout of one of the mutant wolves appear out of the smoke, ready to bite Natsume!
It is the snout of the wolf with the blue-ish skinless hide.

You all react to this--

The smoke gives concealment, rules below.

Round 1
BOLD may act
Tamerius Archilus
Giggett - 3 damage

Blue - CONCEALED
Natsume Ren
Red
Sitril Anvilbrand
Round 2
Tamerius Archilus
Giggett

GM Rolls:
5 no: 1d5 ⇒ 1

Concealed
While you are concealed from a creature, such as in a thick fog, you are difficult for that creature to see.
You can still be observed, but you’re tougher to target.
A creature that you’re concealed from must succeed at a DC 5 flat check when targeting you with an attack, spell, or other effect. Area effects aren’t subject to this flat check. If the check fails, the attack, spell, or effect doesn’t affect you.


Female Human Fighter | HP 32/32 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 20 ft. | AC 19 ; 21 w. Shield Raised | Fort' +8 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +4 | Active conditions:

A quick reminder that I've got me shield up and if possible will use Shield Block with it!

Also, I can (and will) do this now:

Aggressive Block:
You push back as you block the attack, knocking your foe away or off balance. You use your shield to push the triggering creature, either automatically Shoving it 5 feet or causing it to become flat-footed until the start of your next turn. The triggering creature chooses whether to be moved or become flat-footed. If it chooses to be moved, you choose the direction. If the Shove would cause it to hit a solid object, enter a square of difficult terrain, or enter another creature’s space, it must become flat-footed instead of being moved.


Human Cleric 2| HP 23/24 AC 15| F +4 R +5 W +10| Speed 25| Perception +8 | Focus 1/1

Tamerius with a well placed word, warns Natsume from the wolf’s attack.

May Hellfire be your ward against this creature!
Strangely, his phrase crackle like a fire, making it almost musical.

Natsume has +1 status bonus to AC and saves against the blue wolf’s attacks

Then he moves back to let his comrades deal with the creatures.


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Tamerius bolsters Natsume's defences, and moves away.

The smoke gives concealment, rules a couple posts above (Flat DC5 to target/hit).

Round 1
BOLD may act

Tamerius Archilus
Giggett - 3 damage
Blue - CONCEALED
Natsume Ren - +1 AC & Saves vs. Blue - Shield Block + Aggressive Block
Red
Sitril Anvilbrand
Round 2
Tamerius Archilus
Giggett


Female Gnome (Umbral) | HP 23/28 | 1 Hero Point | Perception +6 (Darkvision); +7 against traps (Trapfinder); +8 against lies | AC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +6 | Hands: Shortbow when travelling

Giggett drinks her Juggernaut Mutagen and then strikes twice at the blue wolf, which is still unaware of her.

Attack VS Flat-Fotted: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Her first attack hits the wolf but doesn't go through its thick fur.

Attack VS Flat-Fotted: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 10

And the second attack is not better.
Giggett frowns, then yells to Natsume:

"Don't try to be a hero Natsume, don't hesitate to go back a few feet for us to intervene."


Female Human Fighter | HP 32/32 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 20 ft. | AC 19 ; 21 w. Shield Raised | Fort' +8 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +4 | Active conditions:

Natsume chuckles; "I at least need to be able to see the darn thing!" she admits.

Planning on scooting back a touch, at least, on my turn. It's got fire on one side and trees on the left, so it'll provoke an AoO if it wants to get past me.

Side note: Giggett, what kind of attack are you using? Shortbow?


Female Gnome (Umbral) | HP 23/28 | 1 Hero Point | Perception +6 (Darkvision); +7 against traps (Trapfinder); +8 against lies | AC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +6 | Hands: Shortbow when travelling

Giggett is using her shortbow with less precision than she used to. Maybe the smoke hinders her greatly.


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Giggett's body becomes thick and sturdy. She feels she is losing her figure!
But she exhibits a healthy glow.
Her two arrows go through the smoke, but do not pierce the fur-less skin...

Out of the smoke, the hideous blind and fur-less wolf bites at Natsume-- but the Hellfire protection from Tamerius burns the wolf's mouth, and prevents the bite from crunching the warrior's bones.
Maybe because it is wary of the pain, it is unable to hurt Natsume with its nexts attempts at biting her.

Round 1
BOLD may act

Tamerius Archilus
Giggett - 3 damage
Blue - CONCEALED
Natsume Ren - +1 AC & Saves vs. Blue - Shield Block + Aggressive Block
Red
Sitril Anvilbrand
Round 2
Tamerius Archilus
Giggett

GM Rolls:
Piercing: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Piercing: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Piercing: 1d20 ⇒ 2


Female Human Fighter | HP 32/32 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 20 ft. | AC 19 ; 21 w. Shield Raised | Fort' +8 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +4 | Active conditions:

Natsume winds up her flail; "Hate to be you, bud, this thing's brained plenty of canines already!"

Flat DC5: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Magic Flail Bonk Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Probably not a crit, but likely a hit!
Magic Flail Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Keeping her shield up, she takes a quick step back. "Where's your friend?"

Tempting fate, of course!


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Natsume's flail barely passes what now is obviously a very thick hide, even without hair...

The other wolf comes out of the smoke, and tries to bite Natsume, but does not pass her shield.

Round 1
BOLD may act

Tamerius Archilus
Giggett - 3 damage
Blue - CONCEALED
Natsume Ren - Shield Block + Aggressive Block
Red
Sitril Anvilbrand
Round 2 - can act once Sitril has acted:
Tamerius Archilus
Giggett

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 8


NG Male Dwarf (Strong-Blooded) Barbarian 2 | 20 ft. | Active Conditions: --- HP 18/40 | AC 19 (-1 when raging) | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 (Darkvision) | Stealth +6 |

Sitril must have fallen asleep why else would he stay so long before he acted. He heard Natsume flail hitting something after which he jumped over the log he was hiding. He glanced at the figure standing with the bow... Giggett? What have happened to her? Was it a reaction to something she ate? He should mention something to her.. Or maybe not. The last time he said a Lady she looked bad, he was smacked with a pick! But dwarven gals can be hot headed. And Sitril was not a smooth talker.

He shifts his attention to what is coming out trying to assess it weaknesses. He Takes a few seconds to analyze the situation...

Ayer that he charges roaring and waving his axe.

Slash: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
damage: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

recall knowledge nature +6, sudden charge


Human Cleric 2| HP 23/24 AC 15| F +4 R +5 W +10| Speed 25| Perception +8 | Focus 1/1

Tamerius continues to maintain Natsume hellish protection and do the same agaisnt the other wolf.

May Hellfire be your ward against this creature!
Again, his words crackle like fire, making them almost musical.

Natsume has +1 status bonus to AC and saves against blue and red wolf’s attacks

1 action to sustain, 2 actions to cast


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Sitril moves in, and looks the wolves over.
He can deduce, from how they look, and the war-tales from long beer-fed nights, that they are of course immune to visual effects, but also, seeing how acidic their saliva looks, they are immune to acid also. He does not believe they have any weakness...

All this thinking makes Sitril hold back, and his axe does not split the red enemy's skin.
Miss

Tamerius continues bolstering Natsume, and even adds to her defences.

Round 2
BOLD may act

Tamerius Archilus
Giggett - 3 damage
Blue - CONCEALED
Natsume Ren - +1 AC & Saves vs. both = Shield Block + Aggressive Block
Red
Sitril Anvilbrand
Round 3 - can act once Sitril has acted:
Tamerius Archilus
Giggett

GM Secret Rolls:
Recall K: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Gnome (Umbral) | HP 23/28 | 1 Hero Point | Perception +6 (Darkvision); +7 against traps (Trapfinder); +8 against lies | AC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +6 | Hands: Shortbow when travelling

Giggett decides to change her strategy. She waves her arms while calling the powers of nature, concentrating lightnings around her hands, stretching the energy and directing it to both wolves.

Electric Arc: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 lightning damage, basic Reflex DC 18.

But the lightnings are not very potent despite her effort. A bit exhausted by her spell casting, she shoots an arrow on the front wolf while catching her breath.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

But she doesn't put enough strength into her attack, and once against misses.

I hope the wolves will be as unlucky as I am...

You haven't indicated the damage Blue wolf took from Natsume's flail.


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Giggett launches her spell, trying to stretch it between both wolves--
@Giggett I please need your roll vs. Concealment for Blue

--though blind, the red wolf is nimble and manages to avoid most of the arc.
2 damage

If hit the blue wolf shows itself just as nimble.
If you pass the DC: 2 damage (miss otherwise)

The nimble blue wolf clambers out of the smoke, and, barely moving its head towards Natsume, bites at Sitril.
Its mouth opens wide, and it grabs at the dwarf's arm, ripping his biceps apart.
The teeth tear the muscles, nearly shredding them--
--and the wolf's saliva then burns the dwarf's flesh, that smokes! It is like pure acid!
Crit': 24 piercing + 4 acid damage

The wolf's jaws clamp down tight around the torn flesh, and--
--the wolf pulls back, tearing tendons and even bruising Sitril's arm-bone!
6 slashing damage

Round 2
BOLD may act

Tamerius Archilus
Giggett - 3 damage
Blue - 2 damage or 0 damage
Natsume Ren - +1 AC & Saves vs. both = Shield Block + Aggressive Block
Red - 9 damage
Sitril Anvilbrand - 34 damage
Round 3 - can act once Sitril has acted:
Tamerius Archilus
Giggett

GM Rolls:
Save Red: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Save Blue: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Bite: 1d20 ⇒ 19
1 Nat: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Piercing plus Acid: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Gnome (Umbral) | HP 23/28 | 1 Hero Point | Perception +6 (Darkvision); +7 against traps (Trapfinder); +8 against lies | AC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +6 | Hands: Shortbow when travelling

Sorry about that.

Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 11

"Sitril, don't hesitate to pull back, I can help Natsume."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Fighter | HP 32/32 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 20 ft. | AC 19 ; 21 w. Shield Raised | Fort' +8 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +4 | Active conditions:

"Ewwww."

Flail whirling, she lashes out twice:

Flail Attack vs. Red: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Flail Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Flail Attack vs. Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Keeping her shield raised slows her down a bit-- but after seeing what was just done to Sitril's arm, she's kind of okay with that!


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Sitril feels that the wolf's saliva, from when it tore at his arm and bone, remained on his skin, and is burning away at his flesh.
1 recurring acid damage (sorry, forgot to add it)

Natsume bonks red on the head--
5 damage
--but misses blue.
miss

Red seems unhappy to be knocked on the head and so the wolf tries to tear Natsume to bits!
It bites once-- but is unable to pass her armor.
It bites again! But misses her.
And then, the third time its teeth... crash in thin air.
three misses

Round 2
BOLD may act

Tamerius Archilus
Giggett - 3 damage
Blue - 2 damage or 0 damage
Natsume Ren - +1 AC & Saves vs. both = Shield Block + Aggressive Block
Red - 14 damage
Sitril Anvilbrand - 34 damage - 1 recurring acid (DC 15 flat check)
Round 3 - can act once Sitril has acted:
Tamerius Archilus
Giggett

GM Rolls:
Jaws: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Jaws: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Jaws: 1d20 ⇒ 2


Female Human Fighter | HP 32/32 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 20 ft. | AC 19 ; 21 w. Shield Raised | Fort' +8 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +4 | Active conditions:

”Might want to take a step back, Sitril!” advises Natsume.

”But if you want to take a swing before you go...”

Note: Natsume is not professionally licensed to dispense combat advice.


Female Gnome (Umbral) | HP 23/28 | 1 Hero Point | Perception +6 (Darkvision); +7 against traps (Trapfinder); +8 against lies | AC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +6 | Hands: Shortbow when travelling

"Sitril, can you wait for me before attacking? I'm coming to flank the red one with you."


NG Male Dwarf (Strong-Blooded) Barbarian 2 | 20 ft. | Active Conditions: --- HP 18/40 | AC 19 (-1 when raging) | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 (Darkvision) | Stealth +6 |

I am fine waiting for Gig. I will have to retreat either way.


Female Gnome (Umbral) | HP 23/28 | 1 Hero Point | Perception +6 (Darkvision); +7 against traps (Trapfinder); +8 against lies | AC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +6 | Hands: Shortbow when travelling

Giggett quickly moves to flank the red wolf with Sitril. She then summons once again the powers of nature and throw lightnings at the wolves, hoping for her closer positioning to help maximizing damage.

Electric Arc: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 lightning damage, basic Reflex DC 18.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Dwarf (Strong-Blooded) Barbarian 2 | 20 ft. | Active Conditions: --- HP 18/40 | AC 19 (-1 when raging) | F +9 R +6 W +8 | Perc +8 (Darkvision) | Stealth +6 |

As I delayed I should have rolled the acid persistence damage

Acid, DC15: 1d20 ⇒ 5

The acid keeps wreaking havoc on already heavy wounder dwarven arm. Sitril yells in pain, feeling his arm being ripped apart. He was part of many battles and got some ugly wounds but that was definitely one of the worst ones.

He yanks his hand free from the teeth of the mutated wolf. His pain makes him barely hear advice as: 'step back...', 'pull back...' the pain and blood loss, emotional devastation that he was experiencing the whole bloody day is simply too much for him to bear.

Sitril knows what will happen, in a situation like that he can't control it. The pain mixes with anger and fuels his body to action. The rage to fills his body, he wants to cause pain, destroy and crush. He begins to laugh and raising his axe he says:

"Now it's my turn you mut!"

Attack, flanking: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Slashing damage, rage: 1d12 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

He pulls the blade directly down at the more damaged enemy. Feeling like his attack bites into the flesh. He releases his weapon from the body of his enemy and steps behind the big warrior with a shield.


Action economy:
When I made a delay I got 1 acid damage as I failed the roll (it comes out of my 6 remaining ones bringing them to 5)
1st action: Rage getting +5 temporary HP (lvl 2+3 from Const), -1 to AC and +2 to damage
2nd action: Attack
3rd action: Tactical maneuver called repositioning to accomplish a long term goal.


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Sitril’s axe slices into the wolf...

Will post later (in 3 hours or so).


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Natsume and Giggett call out battle orders, and then Giggett moves in, sending another electric arc between the two blind wolves.
Wolves who, though blind, are nimble enough to avoid part of the damage again.
(3 damage to each)

Acid eats away at Sitril, you cannot shake it off his flesh, where it keeps on smoking.
(1 acid damage ; still 1 recurring)
Sitril waits a bit, but, then, as blood and flesh and bones can be seen gaping from his acid-smoking wound, he goes into a frenzied rage, and slashes at the red wolf, giving it a nice wound of its own.
(11 damage)

Tamerius--

Round 3
BOLD may act

Giggett - 3 damage
Sitril Anvilbrand - 5 temp HP - 35 damage - Raging - 1 recurring acid (DC 15 flat check)
Tamerius Archilus
Blue - 5 damage
Natsume Ren - +1 AC & Saves vs. both = Shield Block + Aggressive Block
Red - 28 damage

GM Rolls:
Reflex Red: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Reflex Blue: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Human Cleric 2| HP 23/24 AC 15| F +4 R +5 W +10| Speed 25| Perception +8 | Focus 1/1

Tamerius knows that to keep their new companion into the fight after his terrible wounds, he needs to use one of his scroll of heal and stops protecting Natsume against one of the blind wolf.

Continuing to sustain Natsume’s protection against the wolf she fights, Tamerius uses the scroll he had in hand to cas heal on the dwarf.

Heal (2 actions): 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

I hope it will be enough...


The Fall of Plaguestone ; Tarnbreaker's Trail ; Pub Crawl ; Gorget

Tamerius heals Sitril, and bolsters Natsume against the red wolf.

The blue wolf turns its head towards Natsume. It somehow "sees", senses, exactly where she is... and tries to bite that presence.
Its teeth sink into Natsume's flank.
Natsume reacts by bringing the shield up into the wolf's hairless face--
11 piercing + 3 acid damage = 14 - 5 HP blocked = 9 damage ; Shield @11/20 hp
--the heavy tower shield blocks a good part of the teeth, preventing them from getting to Natsume, but some of the teeth rip into both Natsume and the shield, as does the acid.
Natsume also shoves at the wolf, to push it back.
But the wolf fights back and chooses to remain - though it is now flat-footed.
By doing so, it manages to tear at Natsume as it yanks its teeth away.
But it has lost some power... but its saliva starts to burn away at the fighter's flesh.
1 slashing damage ; 1 recurring acid damage

Angry, the wolf bites again, hitting once more--
11 piercing + 3 acid damage
--and growling!

Round 3
BOLD may act

Giggett - 3 damage
Sitril Anvilbrand - 5 temp HP - 25 damage - Raging - 1 recurring acid (DC 15 flat check)
Tamerius Archilus
Blue - 5 damage - FLAT FOOTED
Natsume Ren - 23 damage ; 1 recurring acid (DC 15 flat check) ; +1 AC & Saves vs. both = Shield Block + Aggressive Block
Red - 28 damage

GM Rolls:
Bite: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Piercing, Acid: 1d8 ⇒ 71d6 ⇒ 3
Slashing: 1d6 ⇒ 1
1d6+2 slashing damage and 1 persistent acid damage.
Bite: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Piercing, Acid: 1d8 ⇒ 81d6 ⇒ 3


Female Human Fighter | HP 32/32 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 20 ft. | AC 19 ; 21 w. Shield Raised | Fort' +8 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +4 | Active conditions:

Natsume groans as she is bitten, and barely succeeds at wrenching her body out of the wolf’s fangs. The acid courses through her, the pain hot and wet and somehow dry all at once.

”Oh hell, can’t we ever fight something that doesn’t hit like a runaway wagon?!” exclaims Natsume, her flail whirling up again.

Flail Vs. Red: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

”How are you so hard to hit?!”

Flail vs. Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
B Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

She keeps her shield up for now!

Acid: 1d20 ⇒ 8

1,551 to 1,600 of 2,219 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Fall of Plaguestone Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.