GM Otha’s The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Game Master Otha

Map/Slides


151 to 200 of 351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

In addition to identifying the creatures, Raelene knows the wight’s attack has an energy drain and Jahz recalls that hungry fogs can cause fear if one gets too close...

Jahz, in which direction will you direct the wind?

COMBAT! Round 1 - The bold may post!

Boftil
Mykel

Jahz
Undead Creature
Arnold
Malevolent Mist Creature
Raelene
Kahwen

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Dark Archive

Male NG Half-Orc Spell Warrior Skald 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +4 (+4 vs language-dependent effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: (+8) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Raging Song 18/18 | Active conditions: None

There we go - added an arrow to the map. Also realized that Jahz would have to move, so he got the the corner before releasing the gust.

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

GM Rolls:
?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

As Jahz directs the wind towards the newly revealed foes, the wight struggles to move forward against the wind while the hungry fog remains surprisingly steadfast against it...

COMBAT! Round 1 - The bold may post!

Boftil
Mykel

Jahz
Wight Guardian
Arnold
Hungry Fog
Raelene
Kahwen

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Barbarian (Urban /Invuln.Rager) 6 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 18 (22 v giants) |DR 3/-| T: 13 | FF: 16| CMD: 23 (27 Bull Rush/Trip | Fort: +9 (+12 pois)| Ref: +5| Will:+5 (+12 spell) | Init: 2 | Perc: +11(+13 stones) Darkvision | Sense Mot. : +2 | Rage: 13/17

WILL 8: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"Bloody undead and creepy fog! Somebody remind me why I ever agreed ta come back ta this forsaken place!" Boftil grumbles, his innate superstition and fear of the supernatural creature seemingly making him more immune to their affects as his anger at their creepiness helps clear his mind.

The dwarf takes a couple of mighty swings at the undead wight with 'Regret' before stepping back a little to leave more space between himself and the monster.

Controlled Rage +4STR. Power Attack.
Furious Cold Iron Dwarven Longhammer +1: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 22 Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 10 + 6 + 2 = 28
Iterative: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 23 Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 10 + 6 + 2 = 22

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

Easily resisting the fear effect emanating from the frog, Boftil takes two might swings with Regret, both landing with devastating impact against the wight’s torso, breaking bones and sending putrid flesh flying around the room. The wight manages to stay up, but he’s clearly distressed...

COMBAT! Round 1 - The bold may post!

Boftil
Mykel
Jahz
Wight Guardian (-50)
Arnold
Hungry Fog
Raelene
Kahwen

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5/slayer 1, HP 64/64, F +6, R +11, W +, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +910 Panache 5/5

Mykel darts down the stairs and slashes at the wight. He readies a parry and a return strike if attacked in kind.

We must take them out now!

attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 251d8 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 5 = 15

p/r:
p/r: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 151d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 321d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 4 = 16

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

Mykel steps forth from the door slashing with his falcata, ripping the rotting flesh from the undead’s rib cage, barely leaving it standing...

It retaliates with its spear...

Spear: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

...but the rondolero barely knocks it aside and follows up with a slash that separates the wight’s head from its shoulders...

Mykel, need a DC8 Will save or be shaken with fear for 1 round

COMBAT! Round 1 - The bold may post!

Boftil
Mykel (need DC8 Will save)
Jahz
Wight Guardian (dead)
Arnold
Hungry Fog
Raelene
Kahwen

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5/slayer 1, HP 64/64, F +6, R +11, W +, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +910 Panache 5/5

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Silver Crusade

Male Wayang Fighter 6/Brawler 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 23/13/18 | F +11, R +8, W +5 (+2 vs. shadow, +2 vs. mind-affecting)| Init +2 | Perc +9 | Conditions: Dragon Style
The Friz:
Female Wallaby Familiar (mauler) 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 18/12/16 | F +7, R +6, W +2 (improved evasion) | Perc +7 | Active Conditions: Battle Form, Dragon Style

Arnold chafes at the close quarters, but jabs at the mist with his lance all the same.

+1 Lance: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Will saves if needed:
Arnold: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
Friz: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

Unaffected by the fog’s fear, Arnold aboard Friz moves into striking position and pierces the fog with his magical lance...and the fog quivers a bit, making Arnold think he damaged it indeed...

The fog glides forward surrounding Mykel, Arnold, Friz, and Boftil, attempting to engulf them in in its mist...

Reflex DC17 (Mykel, Arnold, Friz, Boftil):
Fail the save and take 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) = 10 points of negative energy damage and gain the staggered condition. Make the save and be pushed aside to a square next to the fog, your choice.

Kahwen, need DC8 Will Save or be shaken 1 round since the fog moved within 10’ of you

COMBAT! End Round 1 / Begin Round 2 - The bold may post!

Boftil (need DC17 Reflex save)
Mykel (need DC17 Reflex save)
Jahz
Arnold (need DC17 Reflex save)

Hungry Fog (-15)
Raelene
Kahwen (need DC8 Will save)

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Silver Crusade

Male Wayang Fighter 6/Brawler 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 23/13/18 | F +11, R +8, W +5 (+2 vs. shadow, +2 vs. mind-affecting)| Init +2 | Perc +9 | Conditions: Dragon Style
The Friz:
Female Wallaby Familiar (mauler) 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 18/12/16 | F +7, R +6, W +2 (improved evasion) | Perc +7 | Active Conditions: Battle Form, Dragon Style

Arnold Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Friz Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Arnold and Friz manage to escape the cloud without trouble. The fog is too close to jab. The wayang discards a shoddy plan involving a magically enhanced headbutt and ducks away to prepare for a joust.

I wanted to Martial Flexibility into Arcane Strike, but it turns out I don't have any SLAs. Guess I can just charge next round.

Tumble if needed: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

The Exchange

Male Dwarf Barbarian (Urban /Invuln.Rager) 6 | HP: 71/71 | AC: 18 (22 v giants) |DR 3/-| T: 13 | FF: 16| CMD: 23 (27 Bull Rush/Trip | Fort: +9 (+12 pois)| Ref: +5| Will:+5 (+12 spell) | Init: 2 | Perc: +11(+13 stones) Darkvision | Sense Mot. : +2 | Rage: 13/17

REFLEX: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Slipping free of the fog's enveloping grasp, Boftil spits in disgust as he again swings his hammer in growing anger.

Controlled Rage +4STR. Power Attack.
Furious Cold Iron Dwarven Longhammer +1: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 23 Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 10 + 6 + 2 = 24
Iterative: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 20 Damage: 2d6 + 10 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 10 + 6 + 2 = 28

Silver Crusade

Female NG Undine Cleric (Blossiming Light) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 11(15-mage armor) T 11 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 11 | F: +3(+4), R: +2(+3), W: +5(+6) | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Positive Energy 8/10, Hydraulic Push 1/1, Touch of Glory 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Raelene pokes gently at Ilsivinian, "You are a paladin aren't you? Get up there and help out! This team saved you and your toes, time to start contributing."

Then, gently caressing her favourite wand, Raelene moves up, trying to keep the doorway clear for others but make sure all her team are in reach, she once again calls on the blessing of Sarenrae to aid and protect them.

Cast Bless

Dark Archive

Male NG Half-Orc Spell Warrior Skald 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +4 (+4 vs language-dependent effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: (+8) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Raging Song 18/18 | Active conditions: None

”Now fight, Pathfinders!” Jahz’s voice rings out from the corner as the half-orc watches the wight fall. ”Like those whose stories are written in the Chronicles, let us light the fire of our passions, forge our own legend today, and vanquish this... um... fog?”

Begin Weapon Song to add flaming enhancement to allies’ weapons that already have an enhancement bonus.

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 23(27) /ff 16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Kahwen can't be fated by no fog! He eyes it without the least bit of trepidation then leaps to the attack.

Though he doesn't have far to leap...just taking a step to the side, honestly.

I don't know if it can be flanked or not. I'm going to roll as though it can be.

+1 elven curve blade plus flanking plus Bless: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 24
Slashing plus dirty fighter plus flaming plus sneak attack: 1d10 + 10 + 1 + 1d6 + 3d6 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 + (6) + (3, 1, 1) = 32

"Excellent job, Students! With your aid, we'll burn this fog off!" he exclaims.

If Sneak Attack applies (and hits) I'm using Debilitating Injury to reduce the things AC by -2 for a round (and -4 vs. Kahwen.)

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hungry Ghosts

With prodding from Raelene, Ilsivinian first shrugs but then gets the idea, drawing a sword and warily approaches the fog, just in time to see Kahwen and Boftil slash and bash the hungry fog into oblivion with their magical weapons...

COMBAT Over! Pathfinders victorious!

Mykel (need a DC17 Reflex save or take 10 damage and be staggered for a moment)

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5/slayer 1, HP 64/64, F +6, R +11, W +, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +910 Panache 5/5

reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Silver Crusade

Male Wayang Fighter 6/Brawler 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 23/13/18 | F +11, R +8, W +5 (+2 vs. shadow, +2 vs. mind-affecting)| Init +2 | Perc +9 | Conditions: Dragon Style
The Friz:
Female Wallaby Familiar (mauler) 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 18/12/16 | F +7, R +6, W +2 (improved evasion) | Perc +7 | Active Conditions: Battle Form, Dragon Style

Arnold need not rush back in - the fog is already dispersed. "Good work, everyone," the wayang says. He turns to Ilsivinian, despite his inability to respond. "Were those here last you saw? Or have you avoided this place?"

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

Ilsivinian looks quizzically at Arnold and shrugs...

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

Raelene detects magic on the wight’s spear and nothing else in the room...

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 23(27) /ff 16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

"Huzzah! Excellent work, everyone. You're doing very well, Student Jahz and Student Raelene," Kahwen says as first the wight then the fog lose their overly tenacious grip on life.

He assumes there isn't anything else in the room and moves quickly to explore the rest of it.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

With the mist cleared out a bit with Jahz's earlier use of Raelene's wand, the bloodstains Kahwen noticed earlier can now be seen to clearly lead to the northwest...

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5/slayer 1, HP 64/64, F +6, R +11, W +, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +910 Panache 5/5

I'm no tracker, but I think the trail heads that way... Mykel says with a wry grin as he heads to where the blood leads

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 23(27) /ff 16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

"It is a sad but true fact, Friend Mykel. Following the blood trail often leads to what you're looking for," Kahwen says, falling in with Mykel, his sword still at the ready.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Undine Cleric (Blossiming Light) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 11(15-mage armor) T 11 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 11 | F: +3(+4), R: +2(+3), W: +5(+6) | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Positive Energy 8/10, Hydraulic Push 1/1, Touch of Glory 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Raelene walks over to the spear to take a closer look.

"This is radiating magic", she says as she peers closely.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

Following the blood trail NW, Mykel and Kahwen find a body with Pathfinder insignia...

Heal DC19:
You detect this man was killed with a combination of spear thrusts and negative energy.

To the north, you see an open cliff, and a long fall down to the ocean, the source of the mist...

To the south, you see what appears to be an exit...

Ilsivinian, with a grief-stricken face, drops to his knees by the dead Pathfinder and sobs...

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Silver Crusade

Female NG Undine Cleric (Blossiming Light) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 11(15-mage armor) T 11 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 11 | F: +3(+4), R: +2(+3), W: +5(+6) | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Positive Energy 8/10, Hydraulic Push 1/1, Touch of Glory 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Raelene approaches the body to study it.

heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

She feels like she should be able to learn something useful but her training is failing her, or she is failing her training, she isn't sure which.

When she is unable to determine anything useful, she instead tries to search the room for other clues.

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

Close enough Raelene, I’ll grant a +1 mentor bonus from Kahwen being present...also, I failed to mention earlier that your spell check, although not high enough to ID the weapon, allowed you to sense that the magic to the spear was minor, likely a small bonus...

Silver Crusade

Female NG Undine Cleric (Blossiming Light) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 11(15-mage armor) T 11 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 11 | F: +3(+4), R: +2(+3), W: +5(+6) | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Positive Energy 8/10, Hydraulic Push 1/1, Touch of Glory 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Cross-post edit. Added a perception check to search the room. Thank you for the bonus.

Picking up the spear and returning to the body Raelene looks at Kahwen and the others, "I think he died from a combination of spear thrusts and negative energy. I wonder if this was the culprit. It emanates minor magic, possibly just a small magical bonus." She offers the spear to her mentor.

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

Raelene searches further and finds that the only viable exit, to the south, appears to lead into a maze of some sort...

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Dark Archive

Male NG Half-Orc Spell Warrior Skald 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +4 (+4 vs language-dependent effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: (+8) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Raging Song 18/18 | Active conditions: None

"Ooo, may I take a look?" Jahz peers over Raelene's shoulder at the fallen body.

Heal: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

"Oh. Um, yes, he, uh, looks dead." Jahz awkwardly pats Ilsivinian on the back. "Do you, um need a moment? Or a shoulder to cry on? I don't judge." He watches the paladin for a sign that he needs a hug or space to grieve.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5/slayer 1, HP 64/64, F +6, R +11, W +, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +910 Panache 5/5

There is some skill to these thrusts....at least to my semi trained eye, at least. If that is true, we might have a competent warrior ahead of us.

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

Jahz:
Something seems to be off about the paladin. You sense that Ilsivinian does not seem to be truly grieving...

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 23(27) /ff 16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

"Thank you, Student Raelene," Kahwen says, examining the spear. He does not keep it though but hands it back. "I am too fond of my sword to use it. Perhaps you can keep your distance and still find it effective?"

As the dead Pathfinder is found, Kahwen moves next to Ilsivinian and rests his hand on the paladin's shoulder. He gives it a squeeze, then kneels next to the man.

He looks at him and puts his hands together as though ready for a prayer.

Once any last rites are performed to Ilsivinian's satisfaction, Kahwen will move to the entrance of the maze.

Dark Archive

Male NG Half-Orc Spell Warrior Skald 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +4 (+4 vs language-dependent effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: (+8) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Raging Song 18/18 | Active conditions: None

”Wait, the spear is magical? Can I take a look?” Jahz hurried over next to Raelene again to study the weapon in her hand. ”Hey, can you get Kahwen’s attention for a moment?” he whispers in her ear as he does so. ”I think there’s something wrong with our survivor.”

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Stealth: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Hah!

Silver Crusade

Female NG Undine Cleric (Blossiming Light) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 11(15-mage armor) T 11 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 11 | F: +3(+4), R: +2(+3), W: +5(+6) | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Positive Energy 8/10, Hydraulic Push 1/1, Touch of Glory 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Once Kahwen stands and looks no longer engaged in prayer Raelene gently calls out, "Mentor Kahwen, would you be so good as to give me some basic instruction? I have never used a weapon such as this." In an aside to Jahz she adds, "Hopefully that will bring him over and we can talk quietly."

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 23(27) /ff 16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

"Of course, Student Raelene," Kahwen says, bowing to the paladin before taking his leave of him.

He takes the spear from Raelene and inspects it closely. "The flippant would say 'the pointy end goes in the other guy' but that is severely underestimating the things you can do with even so simple a weapon as a spear," he begins in a lecturing tone, oblivious to the subtext, as yet.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Undine Cleric (Blossiming Light) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 11(15-mage armor) T 11 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 11 | F: +3(+4), R: +2(+3), W: +5(+6) | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Positive Energy 8/10, Hydraulic Push 1/1, Touch of Glory 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

"I am sure I can learn much from you regarding the use of this spear but please pay heed to friend Jahz's concerns. By all means, continue the lesson though, it provides good cover."

Raelene watches her Tengu mentor with apparent rapt attention.

Silver Crusade

Male Wayang Fighter 6/Brawler 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 23/13/18 | F +11, R +8, W +5 (+2 vs. shadow, +2 vs. mind-affecting)| Init +2 | Perc +9 | Conditions: Dragon Style
The Friz:
Female Wallaby Familiar (mauler) 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 18/12/16 | F +7, R +6, W +2 (improved evasion) | Perc +7 | Active Conditions: Battle Form, Dragon Style

Arnold stands by, confused and deciding against becoming a teacher. The Friz nods sagely in agreement. "Are we ready to press on?"

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

Jahz determines the weapon is a +1 longspear.

Unless there are objections, I’ll move us forward to the maze in the morning; traversing it is a done in a non-standard fashion but we’ll cover that then...

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Dark Archive

Male NG Half-Orc Spell Warrior Skald 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +4 (+4 vs language-dependent effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: (+8) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Raging Song 18/18 | Active conditions: None

”Something’s... off about Ilsivinian,” Jahz explains slowly. ”He’s only pretending to cry - and I’ve never met a paladin that would try to deceive their allies like that. Or one that didn’t feel bad about a fallen companion. I don’t know what to do, and we can’t really ask him since he doesn’t understand us.” The half-orc bites his lip worriedly.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5/slayer 1, HP 64/64, F +6, R +11, W +, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +910 Panache 5/5

Remember, most of the power in your attack cone from your legs. A proper stance is like this...feet apart, hands like so....and time it right...thrust! Mykel says, happy to pass on a bit of martial knowledge. Keep your balance during your recovery...it's just your armour and nimbleness keeping you away from a return strike at that point...positioning is key...

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 23(27) /ff 16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

Kahwen's eyes widen and he glances back at the paladin before recovering and carrying on with the lesson and conversation, pausing often to point out little things to use the quiet to whisper.

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

"Yes, yes! Friend Mykel is right. A wise warrior once said that a strike should come back twice as fast as it comes out. And you should be planning a blow or two or three ahead. It is not just what you're doing at the moment that is important but how it will move into your next attack, as well," he says.

Or perhaps he absolutely understands us and is only pretending not to so that we'll drop our guards. It is a shame that we do not have any sort of magic that can force the truth out of him...wait...can either of you use your magic to determine if he is evil?"

"In any case, we need to let the others know...spread the word."

He takes the spear and goes to Mykel, ostensibly to let him examine the weapon. "The students have noticed some strange behavior in our new paladin companion. His grief does not seem quite as honest as he would like us to believe. Take care in turning your back on him and what you say in his presence."

"And that's why I think it's Taldan. Don't you agree?"

Grand Lodge

Hungry Ghosts

Deciding to keep a close eye on the paladin, you proceed into the labyrinth...

The stonework changes dramatically here, as large blocks of dull gray stone abruptly give way to smooth, highly polished black marble. Though the marble is seamless and unadorned, shadows skitter across its surface—moving faster when viewed out of the corner of the eye. These ephemeral shapes and spectral wisps occasionally take on vague humanoid forms with horror-stricken faces. Somewhere in the distance, a low growling sound echoes from deeper within the tomb. As you start moving through the area, you recognize this is a maze...

You can still take actions as you wish but you need either a Survival or Knowledge (Engineering) check to traverse the Labyrinth; you can't take 10 (or 20) on this check but you can use the aid another action. I'll take the highest roll as your base and any others will be aid actions...this will determine how long it takes you to navigate the maze...

Map - The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts

Silver Crusade

Female NG Undine Cleric (Blossiming Light) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 11(15-mage armor) T 11 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 11 | F: +3(+4), R: +2(+3), W: +5(+6) | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Positive Energy 8/10, Hydraulic Push 1/1, Touch of Glory 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Raelene tries to help track their way through the maze while also keeping a wary eye on the supposed paladin. She is confused as he definitely meets the description of the one they were looking for, yet he does not act like a paladin, in her estimation at least.

survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Silver Crusade

Male Wayang Fighter 6/Brawler 1 | HP 66/66 | AC 23/13/18 | F +11, R +8, W +5 (+2 vs. shadow, +2 vs. mind-affecting)| Init +2 | Perc +9 | Conditions: Dragon Style
The Friz:
Female Wallaby Familiar (mauler) 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 18/12/16 | F +7, R +6, W +2 (improved evasion) | Perc +7 | Active Conditions: Battle Form, Dragon Style

Once again wishing he studied a bit harder (and finally put ranks in Engineering) Arnold mostly defers to those who have been to the Gloomspires.

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

Male NG Half-Orc Spell Warrior Skald 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +4 (+4 vs language-dependent effects) | Init: +3 | Perc: +2, SM: (+8) | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 4/4 | Raging Song 18/18 | Active conditions: None

"Hey Raelene?" Jahz asks before they leave the room, "if you don't want to use that spear, could I?"

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

As the Pathfinders descent into the maze, Jahz starts talking very loudly about previous Pathfinder expeditions where speed was of the essence and the agents had to live off the land as they chased their quarry.

If it's applicable, Jahz just learned a new performance: Song of Marching. This would let us hustle for an hour for the low low cost of one round of performance. The downside is that you have to listen to Jahz talk for an hour. X-D

Grand Lodge

[Init +6, Per +12, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 6th [HP 34/34, AC 23(27) /ff 16 /t 17, Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +3,]

Kahwen is only really good at navigating on the ocean. He largely keeps quiet as they maneuver through the maze, though he, too keeps a close eye on the "paladin."

He does what he can to help them make their way through, though. Survival (Untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)5/slayer 1, HP 64/64, F +6, R +11, W +, AC 24, T 17, FF 18, Init +6(+8), Per +910 Panache 5/5

Mykel winks in acknowledgement of Kahwen's message. He shows Raelene a few basic moves with the spear before checking the surroundings.

Kahwen, I have an idea...if we mark the walls of the labyrinth, that should help us not get too lost, right?

survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Silver Crusade

Female NG Undine Cleric (Blossiming Light) 3 | HP 20/20 | AC 11(15-mage armor) T 11 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 11 | F: +3(+4), R: +2(+3), W: +5(+6) | Init: +1 | Perc: +2, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Channel Positive Energy 8/10, Hydraulic Push 1/1, Touch of Glory 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3, 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Raelene thanks Kahwen and Mykel for their instruction then quietly passes the spear to Jahz.

"I really think this will be better in your hands. I will trust in Sarenrae and her justice."

151 to 200 of 351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Otha's The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.