GM Ietsuna's Hao Jin Hierophant (Inactive)

Game Master Ietsuna

<<<MAPS and SLIDES>>>


151 to 200 of 215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Who says Kenath "cured" her?

The Sunsu Godae’s sacred flower blooms in a clearing 600 feet away from Lin Fen Hai’s meditation spot, surrounded by vibrant jungle ferns. A spot in the grass near the blossom has deep indentations, left from frequent prayers at the flowers’ side.

Around the clearing flit three small entities. A nimbus of glowing, intangible matter envelops this strange skeletal creature with a birdlike beak. Mechanically they are tiny. Hard to show on the map and still have them be visible.

DC 17 Knowledge (Nature) to ID Plant:
This is an Etherooot. Etheroots feed on emotions and ectoplasm. While the Ethereal Plane contains ample ectoplasm for their needs, etheroots typically burrow their feeding tendrils and roots through to the Material Plane in search of emotional energy. Depending upon its mood and the balance of emotions in its body, an etheroot may offer words of encouragement and
beneficial spells, or it may evoke terror instead.

DC 14 Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to ID Red, Blue and Yellow:
These are Thought Eaters. These tiny predators of thought live almost their entire lives on the Ethereal Plane. They are so tied to that place that without its energy, a thought eater’s psychic power begins to deplete, until finally the very fabric of its own personal reality breaks down and it fades out of existence. But while the Ethereal Plane is necessary for thought eaters’ continued existence, its vastness and relative lack of prey force thought eaters to sometimes hunt on the Material Plane. Such trips are often gluttonous affairs, as the thought eaters must not only gain sustenance, but also gain enough nourishment to stave off their rapid psychic and physical decay in that hostile environment.

Map is on slide 4. Squares with logs or branches in them are difficult terrain, and the ferns provide cover. The PCs approach from the right edge of the map.

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +12 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Before approaching the plant Kenath casts a spell to make himself appear more heroic. He looks over the plants.

Cast heroism. Take 10 for 32. As a sidenote, is a dc14 knowledge correct for 8-9 subtier?

Kenath uses message to whisper to his fellow pathfinders,” The plants with red, yellow, and blue blooms are thought eaters, mostly ethereal parasites. The bigger ones is an Etherooot, another ethereal formed plant which feeds on emotion and consequently evokes both fear and delight in its prey, depending on its tastes .

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

know dungeon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +12 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

correction, replace plants with aberration for red, yellow, blue.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Unsure of what this plant will do, Rallas use his warding wand on himself.

umd shield: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Kn Dun.: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Kn Nat: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

GM Nugats is looking for Defenses like energy resistance/immunity and DR, ect. Since he is an admixiture wizard, he can change the energy types of his blasting spells.

"Oh my this is not good. It seems these interlopers from the Ethereal Plane have come to our Plane.

"We need to dispose of the thought eaters."

Once I know their defenses, I will post my actions.

Sovereign Court

F Half-orc Cleric8 HP 60/60 AC:21/TC:10/FF:21 Perc +4 F +12 R +6 W +14 CMB +9 CMD 19 Spd 30ft Init +7 Channels 5/5 Active Buffs: Shield

"Shelyn, grant us fortune." Grisaia prays, feeling the warm protection wash over her and her companions. "Stay near, if you can. This blessing only extends so far."

Casting Beacon of Luck, everyone has a one time use of fortune on a saving throw. (Roll twice and take the better on a save.) You must be within 30ft of Grisaia to use it.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

The Etheroot has standard plant traits. It is immune to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms), paralysis, poison, polymorph, sleep, and stun.

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Ok so are we ready to rock and roll and kill some Thought Eaters?

"Time to die, thought eaters."

Gripping his metamagic rod, the gnome let's fly.

Fireball: 15d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 1, 4, 6, 5, 5, 6, 5, 4, 5, 3, 6, 2) + 4 = 70 DC 20 Reflex for 1/2

That should get blue and red but not the plant we want.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

GM Dice, 1-20 Bad for Players: 1d100 ⇒ 100

The air shimmers with an ethereal haze, but Nugats manages to still aim true with his fireball. It hits the ground, rolling out in a firy wave towards the Blue and Red Thought Eaters.

Blue Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Red Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Even with their deft maneuvering the two ethereal creatures could not escape the flames and are toasted.

Initiative:

Grisaia: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Kenath: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Nugats: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Pooka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Rallas: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Etheroot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Thought Eater: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Combat Round 1 - Bold May Act

Thought Eater
Kenath
Grisaia
Etheroot
Rallas
Nugats
Pooka

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +12 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Kenath realizes they need to dispose of this creature before they can access the plant, or stop the villagers from being manipulated by it. Recalling his acadamae training he summons a fiery lion that charges forth and attacks the plant.

Versatile summon monster for fiery template, acadamae graduate for standard actions summons

fort save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 I'm fatigured

atk,charge,bite: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 13 grab: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 25damage, fire: 1d8 + 5 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + (3, 6) = 19
atk,charge,claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 20 grab: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 33damage, fire: 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + (6, 1) = 16
atk,charge,claw: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 28 grab: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 27damage, fire: 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + (2, 1) = 13
atk,charge,rake: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 17 damage, fire: 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + (2, 2) = 15
atk,charge,rake: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 12 damage, fire: 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 + (6, 5) = 21

Edit; apparently only the bite of a lion has grab, so unless the first attack hits, it probably isn’t grappled

Sovereign Court

F Half-orc Cleric8 HP 60/60 AC:21/TC:10/FF:21 Perc +4 F +12 R +6 W +14 CMB +9 CMD 19 Spd 30ft Init +7 Channels 5/5 Active Buffs: Shield

Moving to cover Kenath, Grisaia offers another prayer. ”May your beauty be my shield.” A shimmer of force appears between her and the plant as she holds her glaive at the ready.

Casting shield and moving forward.

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Are you attacking the plant or the Thought Eaters? I believe the Thought Eaters are bad and the Etherroot is good?

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +12 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Is there sacred flower the Etherroot, an emotion evoking and feeding plant? That would certainly complicate things...


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

It is interesting isn't it.

Miss Chance, 1-20 misses:
Attack 1: 1d100 ⇒ 46
Attack 2: 1d100 ⇒ 11
Attack 3: 1d100 ⇒ 20
Attack 4: 1d100 ⇒ 33
Attack 5: 1d100 ⇒ 76

Kenath's lion attacks the plant. Only the fourth attack hits, tearing chunks out of the leaves and stems.

The etheroot attacks back at the summoned lion.

bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Tentacle 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Tentacle 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Tentacle 3: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Tentacle 4: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Tentacle 5: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Tentacle 6: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Bite Crit?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 Extra Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Tentacle 5 Crit?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 Extra Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Kenath, can you please confirm that the lion has AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +3 natural, –1 size)
hp 32 (5d8+10)
Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +2

Can I have a will save from the lion please. DC17 Will Save or it is feared for 1 minute

Combat Round 1 - Bold May Act

Thought Eater
Kenath
Lion -16?
Grisaia
Etheroot -15
Rallas
Nugats
Pooka

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +12 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

It is an augmented counterpoised fiery lion, so slightly different stats. It also charged, so AC-2 for this round. DR3/- and DR5/adamantine, so looks like 19 damage. It does have 42 hp; AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +3 natural, –1 size) hp 42 (5d8+10) Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2; not that it matters much since he is now a freightened lion. If only he had a heart!

will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Ok, thanks

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Rallas strides forward and brings down his blade in an elegant arc.

attck, PA: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 301d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 6 = 16power attack, no penalty due to Furious focus feat...couldn't make the flank unfortunately

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Seeing only the lone Thought Eater left, missiles shoot from Nugats outstretched fingertips arcing through the air to strike true.

Magic Missles: 5d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 2, 1) + 9 = 18 +4 damage on one missile from Intense spell

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor
Kenath Corvilianus wrote:
If only he had a heart!

That cracked me up

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 8.1 | HP: 76/76 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +11, CMD: 23 (25 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Just a friendly reminder that Pooka has Wheeling Charge, which allows him to take up to a 90 degree turn and ignore allies in his charge lane. I've marked my charge line on the map (which also takes advantage of ride by attack)

"Git up Luna!" Pooka shouts to canine friend, his words laced with excitement and urgency. Luna reacts instantly to the command, eager to please as always. Her paws dig deep into the earth as her powerful rear legs launch herself and her rider forward. Fighting her natural instinct to cut directly towards a target, she trusts Pooka as he guides her direction.

"This way!" Pooka expertly plants a knee into Luna's shoulder, holding it there long enough for Luna to make the turn and not to far. Clods of mud fly behind her as her paws rake the ground. Pooka lowers his lance coming out of the turn and Luna follows it's deadly tip straight to her target. Threading the needle between their allies, Dog and rider unleash a wicked fury on the remaining thought eater as they blaze past.

Charge, power attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 for Cold Iron, spirited charge damage: 3d6 + 54 ⇒ (2, 5, 3) + 54 = 64

Liberty's Edge

Female Bonded Mount - Dog | HP: 59/59 | AC: 24 (14 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 (+4 vs Enchant) | Init: +3 w/ Pooka | Perc: +7 | Speed 40ft | Tricks: Attack, Combat Riding, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel, Seek, Track, Fetch | Active conditions: Prayer

As Pooka guides her past their enemy, Luna barrels her shoulder into the wicked plant, trying to knock it prone. As she does, her powerful jaws snap out, trying to take a chunk of plant flesh from it's stem.

Trample-Overrun: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Enemy cannot chose to avoid. If that is successful then the plant is knocked prone and Luna gets a bite attack.

Bite, just in case vs prone: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 for Bite damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Nugats fires a series of energy balls into the final Thought Drinker and Luna and Pooka finish it off with their weapons and paws.

Combat Round 2 - Bold May Act

Kenath
Lion -19 and Feared
Grisaia
Etheroot -15
Rallas
Nugats
Pooka

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +12 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Kenath looks at his allies,” Etheroots should probably be destroyed, they choose to feed on people’s emotions, despite getting enough nourishment from the ethereal plane. In any event it isn’t ceasing combat, do you want me to do so?

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Does it speak? Can we reason with it?" Nugats calls out.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Nugats:
You hear a voice inside your head. Yes I speak. I would ask you to cease your attack on me and return to the village.

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Cease your attack. I will take care of this."

Placing a finger on each temple, Nugats screws his face up in consternation.

GM:
Greetings verdant one, or whatever honorifics one would use addressing you. We shall cease our attack, but I pray that you answer one, many two three, questions. Nugats thinks. [i]Do you know what ails the High Priestess?

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +12 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Did my Knowledge earlier (32) reveal anything more than the DC 17 about the Etheroot? I ask because it could be relevant both for my below readied action and Nugat's attempt at parlaying.

Kenath trusts the gnome. " I hope you know what you're doing. These are not nice plants!"

Trust, but verify, Kenath thinks as he tells the heroic feline to cease its attack, and it instantly responds by sprinting away. Meanwhile, he prepares to pepper the plant with magic missles if it attempts a hostile action.

readied magic missile:
force damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 2) + 4 = 11


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Your roll exceeded the DC by enough to get extra info. What do you want to know? One thing I will give you for free is that the colour and shape of the blooms reflects what an etheroot has been feeding on most recently. This one has purple blooms that look, unsettling.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Rallas lowers his weapon, looking around for any new threats.

I hope you know what you're doing, Nugats....

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 8.1 | HP: 76/76 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +11, CMD: 23 (25 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Is it possible this etheroot consumed the holy plant? Which is why it is blooming early, because it isn't really the real plant?

Pooka readjusts himself in the saddle and Luna shuffles a bit, the pair lining up another run at the remaining potential enemy. "I trust you Nugats, and I am ready to defend you if necessary!" he reassures his companion as he waits for the gnome to do his thing.

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +12 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

I already know the plant chooses to feed on emotions, despite getting enough sustance from the etheral plane. I guess knowing what emotion the purple blooms come from would be a useful thing to know. If its causing fear/negative emotions to the people in the village and feeding on those emotions, my vote would be to kill the plant unless there are really convincing arguement otherwise. We want to get some pollen, and not piss off the villagers, but leaving them to be taken advantage of by an evil plant that manipulates them and feeds on them seems like a bad plan.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Nugats:
Come closer so that I may better know you. The High Priest is not at all troubled. She is singular in her purpose of leading her people.

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Nugats looks at the plant.

"Friends, I have been speaking with the plant through the powers of my mind. It seems to want speak with me. I inquired about the high priestess, but it says the priestess is 'fine'.

It is not requesting I come closer. I fear a trap, but we need to know if this is the peoples sacred plant or if it ate it.

"Luna, you have been the bravest companion I have even know. If I die here today, now, I just want you to know it has been a honor serving with you."

The gnome approaches the plant, the words of a spell on his lips.

Approach warily, prepared for red ridding hood's grandma wolf the plant to eat me.

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +12 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Kenath calls out,” We should destroy it. I think before it eats Nugats is better, but I guess he prefers afterwards...

Lets see if my readied goes off on bad guy initiative


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

The plant rises up on its tendrils and moves slowly towards the group. Kenath, would you consider this movement to be an aggressive move? If so it will trigger your magic missiles.

Combat Round 2/3 - Bold May Act

Kenath
Grisaia
Etheroot -15
Rallas
Nugats
Pooka

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +12 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

Given what I know about the creature, yes, sorry Nugats

magic missle: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 2) + 4 = 10
SR: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

On it...Rallas says coldly as he charges forward and brings his blade down with a grunt.

attack, PA: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 151d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 6 = 18

Sovereign Court

F Half-orc Cleric8 HP 60/60 AC:21/TC:10/FF:21 Perc +4 F +12 R +6 W +14 CMB +9 CMD 19 Spd 30ft Init +7 Channels 5/5 Active Buffs: Shield

Planting the butt of her glaive for stability, Grisaia gestures at the plant creature. "Shelyn, admonish the evil before us and cast from it sight." A flurry of rose petals bursts over the etheroot, attempting to cover its lack of eyes.

Burst of Radiance: 5d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 2, 3, 3) = 14
DC16 Reflex save to reduce 1d4 rounds of blindness to dazzled.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Kenath launches missiles at the plant. They slam into the Etheroot.

Rallas rushes up and swings hard at the plant, but misses.

Ethroot Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The plant is blanded for 1 round and withers under the radiant burst.

Combat Round 2/3 - Bold May Act

Kenath
Grisaia
Etheroot -50
Rallas
Nugats
Pooka

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 8.1 | HP: 76/76 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +11, CMD: 23 (25 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Pooka shrugs his shoulders and kicks Luna into a charge. Fighting against her instinct to run straight at the plant, he guides her around some of the obstacles and then turns to line up his lance with the enemy. Dog and rider blast past the plant, trying to take it down and end fight as quickly as possible.

Charging Power Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 for Cold Iron spirited charge damage: 3d6 + 54 ⇒ (4, 2, 6) + 54 = 66

Liberty's Edge

Female Bonded Mount - Dog | HP: 59/59 | AC: 24 (14 Tch, 20 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 23 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +3 (+4 vs Enchant) | Init: +3 w/ Pooka | Perc: +7 | Speed 40ft | Tricks: Attack, Combat Riding, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel, Seek, Track, Fetch | Active conditions: Prayer

As the two streak by the etherroot, Luna puts her armored shoulder into the plan and snaps out with her jaws.

Trample (Overrun): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

If successful, target is prone and Luna gets a bite attack

Bite, power attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 for Bite damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Assuming the plant is dead?

With Sadness on his face, Nugats sees his companions finish off the plant from another plane. He agrees with his companions action, though he wishes there was another way.

"I wonder what the high priestess will say about this? We shall have to muster all our abilities to talk our way about of this one."

Nugats approaches the remains of the plant to see if he can discover any remains of their holy flower.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Umm, yes. The plant is dead. That was one mighty big attack

The plant explodes in a burst of colourful ethereal energies. The fabric of reality seems to shimmer slightly. As you look down you see 15 semiprecious stones of various colours and shape lie upon the ground.

DC 17 Spellcraft to Identify the stones:
These are a set of lesser Lithomancy stones. Their shapes and colours represent a mixture of elements, emotions, and various spiritual presences from the outer planes. Once per day, the possessor of a set of lithomancy stones can frame a question in her mind, cast the stones upon the ground, and attempt a reading with a Knowledge (planes) check to find the answer to her question. Functions like Augory

In addition there are two bodies here. Each wears a set of leather lamellar armour that looks to be the work of a master crafter and each wears fine clothing and has a well made sword strapped to their hip.

Sovereign Court

F Half-orc Cleric8 HP 60/60 AC:21/TC:10/FF:21 Perc +4 F +12 R +6 W +14 CMB +9 CMD 19 Spd 30ft Init +7 Channels 5/5 Active Buffs: Shield

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Divination stones. Perhaps they can be offered to the families of the fallen to help their loss." Grisaia shakes her head sadly.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Nice hit, Pooka...remind me to stay out of your line of charge..

Rallas sheaths his sword and looks around at the others.

We still need a sample, right? We should get on it. And bring these bodies back...their loved ones might want some closure.

perc: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 8.1 | HP: 76/76 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +11, CMD: 23 (25 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Pooka grins at the handiwork wrought by him and his dog. "Good girl Luna." he scratches her ears as he hops down and fishes some treats from her pack. The armored halfling nods to Rallas, "Luna is the one who really does all the hard work." he says, humbly deflecting the praise.

Walking over to the remains of the ether root, Pooka helps to inspect and pulls out his journal to make notes, though he realizes that making sense of what is here is perhaps a bit beyond him.

"Maybe I am still missing something here, but this ether root still feels like an imposter. We were told that the plant was blooming earlier than expected. What if this sentient plant had made the people believe it was their holy plant, and the actual flower is still around here somewhere, unharmed?" Pooka's optimism bubbles into his hypothesis, more a measure of hope that all is not actually lost than any theory based on evidence.

"Luna and I will scout around the area here while you gather your samples." Pooka adds, then begins to circle the clearning, spiraling outwards with Luna's nose sniffing everything she can, occasionally stopping to leave her scent.

Ability Check, not sure what is more appropriate: 1d20 ⇒ 16 Survival +8, Perception +5


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

There is nothing left of the etheroot except the gems. Searching around Pooka finds nothing of interest beyond the two corpses already found. All of a sudden a silver coloured storm sweeps into the area. From within the weather phenomena you hear the sounds of a discordant argument. It sounds like voices arguing about the "Old Ways" and the "New Ways".

DC19 Knowledge (Planes) to Identify:
This is The Silver Squall. It is a planar weather phenomenon comprised of aggressive, competing thoughts, gusting through the village. The silver squall building in Onhae is a manifestation of the competition between the old and new religion, as well as the villagers’ tensions and fear.

You are swept up into the storm, the voices surround you.

Pausing here for a moment to allow attempts to identify it before we move on.

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +12 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32

Kenath shouts over the storm,”This is The Silver Squall. It is a planar weather phenomenon comprised of aggressive, competing thoughts, gusting through the village. The silver squall building in Onhae is a manifestation of the competition between the old and new religion, as well as the villagers’ tensions and fear. We should navigate it and attempt to find balance.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

You hear the voices speaking within the squall.

Aram Zey saved Onhae

The old ways failed to protect my people

Evil spirits corrupted the old faith, and it was time to purge them.

This is a skill / social challenge. The storm will present arguments and it is up to you to argue it down with your skills. This first one is either Diplomacy or Knowledge (Religion). Other skills considered if they fit. You may roll separately or aid another. It is entirely up to you.

151 to 200 of 215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Ietsuna's Hao Jin Hierophant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.