GM Ietsuna's Hao Jin Hierophant (Inactive)

Game Master Ietsuna

<<<MAPS and SLIDES>>>


101 to 150 of 215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +8 R +8 W +10 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Kenath greets the weaver,” Hello. We’re travelers looking to learn more about your culture, and clothing is certainly a big part of that. Maybe you could tell me about the dyes you use, I have an eye towards alchemy and they look like they must use a unique local source.

craft:alchemy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor
GM Ietsuna wrote:
As you move about in the village the looks you are receiving are beginning to be less welcoming. The people are not outwardly hostile, but they are becoming just a little less friendly in their demeanor.

Do we know why this is happening?

SM: 1d20 ⇒ 18

"Thank you, Lin Wo Got. You have been a most gracious host. I hope that all your metals become bendy, your quenched blades are straight, and none of your forge sparks light your hair on fire." Smiling Nugats bounces to the group rendezvous. After sharing their information, Nugats elects to walk with Rallas.

"So master elf, er...., half elf, er... why don't we call you half human? Are you more proud of your elven heritage or your human? It is fine if you don't have a preference since it is .... well you."

Once they reach the river, Nugats is fascinated by the net. His eyes trained on the stream, he strikes up a conversation with one of the workers.

"This is amazing. Do you ever catch wayward children? River sharks? You are so skilled I am impressed."

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 9

quests:

Inn
Hostler’s House
Baker
Shrine of the Phoenix
Smithy
Training Building
Bridge
Weaver’s House
Boarded up House

Other Houses
High Priest

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Actually, I am full elf. Some have thought I am of mixed blood in the past. I suppose it is my dour demeanour. I am not the brooding type, just not as...bubbly as others. My work has jaded ne a bit also...one usually doesn't revel in shedding blood...but I know a few half orcs and a dwarf who would differ.

At the bridge, he examines the nets the natives have set up.

survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

He goes over to tall to the fishermen.

A good catch today? Those fish look rather tasty. I bet they woukd go well with the baker's breads. Anything interesting or odd found in yoir nets?
I caught a leather boot back home once...no foot eith it, thankfully...

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 8.1 | HP: 76/76 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +11, CMD: 23 (25 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Sniffing the ground intently, Pooka wanders around the other houses, looking for people to talk to and kids to show off his dog to.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

"Why yes! She does fetch! Watch this. Here, take this ball and throw it down the lane there. If you can, bounce it off the side of the house, you will see just how nimble she really is."


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

From the mumblings as you move through town you know that you are beginning to wear out your welcome. The Sunsu Godae are an insular people, and your incessant anthropology is beginning to grate on them.

The people tending the net make awkward small talk with Nugats and Rallas but do not share any of their cultural fishing style.

Pooka tries to encourage some children to play with Luna but as it looks like some may come to play their parents shoo them inside.

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +8 R +8 W +10 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Was Kenath successful in getting the weaver to open up?


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

He sure was.

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

"Oh my, I seem to have mistaken your race master Rallas. Have you ever considered becoming a half-elf? That would make my mistake less awkward for me." Learning very little about their fishing techniques, he waits for others to arrive to inform them of what they observed.

To the high priest?

quests:

Inn
Hostler’s House
Baker
Shrine of the Phoenix
Smithy
Training Building
Bridge
Weaver’s House
Boarded up House

Other Houses
High Priest

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +8 R +8 W +10 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism, Heightened Awareness

If anyone else hasn’t already taken an action this phase they could do the houses, otherwise I would agree let’s follow the directions to go meet the high priest, as we only have 20 minutes of tongues left

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

It is of no great concern...I have had my ancestry questioned many times in many different tongues...usually in very descriptive detail as well. We should get back...I want to ask if we can check out the house...


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

You all gather back at the meeting point and swap information. Your group continues to receive strange looks, but no-one is outwardly hostile.

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +8 R +8 W +10 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Kenath suggests, “ The locals are getting weary of us, rather than visit their homes I suggest we find the high priest while we can still speak with her

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

I agree, Kenath. Where is this high priest? Do we need to talk to the low priest too? What about the just out of my reach priest? Drunk in the tavern probably.

"Did I ever tell you about the priestess of Lamashtu and the little girl?

A priestess of Lamashtu is walking into a cavern with a little boy and a little girl.

The little boy says Why are we going into these dark caves?"

"To give offerings to Lamashtu" She says.

The little girl says "I'm scared!"

"You're scared? I have to walk back out of these caves alone!"" the gnome chuckles.

"You see because the ... oh never mind. To the high priest."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Rallas snickers at Nugats' dark joke.

My one colleague back in Cassomir would like that joke. He has a twisted sense of humour.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 8.1 | HP: 76/76 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +11, CMD: 23 (25 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Pooka slowly pulls his face shield down, shaking his head at Nugats' joke.

"Yes, to see the high priest." he offers, confirming what the others have said.

"I think we have gathered a fair bit of anthropological data. Let's speak with the high priest so we can learn as much as possible about this new religion. I am sure the society brass would love to hear more about Aram Zey's ascension within the tapestry."


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Slide 3. The High priest is the red token, her guards are the other 3.

You set off into the jungle, following the path that had been described to you. Without too much trouble you find the high priest meditating in a small clearing. She sits, serene with her guards watchfully stationed around her.

Any squares with foliage are difficult terrain. The river is fast flowing and requires a DC15 swim check to cross. The branches are securely anchored and can be used as bridges. Can I have stealth checks from everyone please?

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +8 R +8 W +10 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Take 10 for a 28 stealth. I assume this is to be quiet in the jungle and not sneak up on the high priest.

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Quietly, for the first time since they have met him, Nugats creeps forward with the rest.

Sovereign Court

F Half-orc Cleric8 HP 60/60 AC:21/TC:10/FF:21 Perc +4 F +12 R +6 W +14 CMB +9 CMD 19 Spd 30ft Init +7 Channels 5/5 Active Buffs: Shield

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 5

As usual, Grisaia can be heard long before she is seen.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 8.1 | HP: 76/76 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +11, CMD: 23 (25 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Pooka clicks his toungue as they approach, his hand resting comfortably on Luna's neck. His body moves gently with the dog's swaying body as she walks, keeping pace with the long-legged companions.

stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The trick isn't to be the quietest, it's just to be quieter than the loudest person... Hrm. Maybe that doesn't work the same as running from bears...

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

take 10 for a 25 on the stealth...

Rallas treads lightly, so as not to provoke any unseen predators, his hand near his blade...


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

The group moves through the jungle. There are the sounds of small animals and birds around you and the stream rushes with a gurgling shushing sound. The air is crisp and clear and there is a faint scent of ripening fruit somewhere.

Move yourselves up as you see fit. We are not in initiative but don't go running across the map in 1 move or anything.

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Unsure of himself, Nugats saunters forward to cross the stream.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 8.1 | HP: 76/76 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +11, CMD: 23 (25 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Pooka casually guides Luna across the branch bridge, her strong and nimble paws carefully picking their way across. Eager to start a conversation on the right foot, he recognizes the Hierophant's meditation and does not want to disturb it. He also does not want to startle the religious leader's guards, in case they are trigger happy.

"Hail! Please pardon the interruption, you are with the Hierophant right? We are travelers who seek her counsel." Pooka tries to get the attention of the nearest guard without speaking to loudly.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

The eyes of the priest snap open as your group approaches. The nearest guard does not move threateningly, but does move their hand to rest on their sheathed sword. The guard speaks. [b] Identify yourselves. What are your names? [b]

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

My token seems to have disappeared

Nugats beams his biggest smile. "Please good sir, forgive the intrusion. I am Nugats of the Pathfinder Society. And these are my companions who can introduce themselves much better than I could. Except for Kenath. I have been working on an introduction for him, but I don't seem to have the proper ceremonial robes nor ... well I digress." he chuckles.

"If you know of our Society, you know that we come in peace. We are here to Explore. Report. Cooperate. We wish to speak to your High Priest if that is amendable to you."

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 20 Nailed it!

quests:

Inn
Hostler’s House
Baker
Shrine of the Phoenix
Smithy
Training Building
Bridge
Weaver’s House
Boarded up House

Other Houses
High Priest - In Progress

Sovereign Court

F Half-orc Cleric8 HP 60/60 AC:21/TC:10/FF:21 Perc +4 F +12 R +6 W +14 CMB +9 CMD 19 Spd 30ft Init +7 Channels 5/5 Active Buffs: Shield

"I am Grisaia, servant of Shelyn. As my companion said, we are here to pay our respects to the High Priestess. Our mission is to learn and share knowledge with the peoples of the Tapestry. We offer humble thanks for any assistance you can provide."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 8.1 | HP: 76/76 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +11, CMD: 23 (25 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

"Hot tamales Nugats, that was good!" Pooka says, impressed with the gnomes rare eloquence. One might say it is so rare it happens about five percent of the time.

"My apologies for not introducing myself a moment ago, I was trying to be careful not to interrupt your meditation. My name is Pooka, and I am from the pathfinder society as well." Pooka smiles, displaying his wayfinder prominently.

"Do you have a few moments to spare?" he asks, batting his eyes and smiling.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +8 R +8 W +10 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Kenath also speaks up," I am Kenath, also from the society. Indeed we do not wish to interupt your meditation, but simply wish to speak to you. Our society wishes to cooperate with you and further understand your people. "

Kenath automatically aids diplomacy for Pooka.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

The priest stands and moves a little closer to your group. She speaks finally. Oh, Pathfinders? You have been called here by Aram Zey. He speaks to you as he speaks to me. This is good. Her face then changes subtley, hardening. She draws her sword.

You will not kill me, even if you cavort with evil spirits. I will not be manipulated.

DC 20 Perception or Sense Motive:
The priest’s eyes keep flickering away from you toward something odious nearby, as if she were seeing something that you do not.

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +8 R +8 W +10 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Are we in initiative?


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Right now she is just yelling at you. We are not in initiative quite yet. I was leaving a little space for any RP before I threw us in

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +8 R +8 W +10 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Kenath tries to persuade her to calm down,” Hold friend, you’re a high priest and I suspect you’re seeing something by us that I don’t detect. You can easily see if we take hostile actions, perhaps you’d let one of us try to detect the magic that is causing you to perceive something by us as a threat? None of us have any weapons drawn.

diplomacy roll if we get that far:
diplomacy to persuade her we’re not a threat: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

perc: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Rallas glances over, following the priestess' eyes...

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

"What are you about? What do you see that we don't see?" Nugats turns to look about him. He yells to the Pathfinders and priest's guards "I fear the priest is vexed. He seems to see some unseen assailant behind us.

"Quick fan out. Everyone." the gnome shouts gripping his metamagic rod. "Defend the High Priest with your life"


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Guards, they seek to surround us. Fight with honor. Do not believe their lies.

Initiative:

Nugats: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Rallas: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Kenath: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Pooka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Grisaia: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
High Priest: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Guards: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Combat Round 1 - Bold May Act

Kenath
Rallas
Grisaia
Pooka
Guards
Nugats
High Priest

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +8 R +8 W +10 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Kenath couldn't fail the perception check, which is why I didn't bother rolling earlier. I assume she is seeing something that isn't here, since she thinks we're the enemy, so I'll try a dispel on her
Kenath attempts to reassure the high priest," I think something is affecting your mind. Maybe I can help, begone foul magics!"
dispel magic: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Rallas darts across the bridge, closing with the guards. He looks over the area, trying to find what the priestess was looking at.

You don't want to fight me, guard. If you do, I will have no choice but to defend myself to the utmost of my abilities, and that is not good for your health..

move 30ft....one square short...intimidate the losest guard
intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 8.1 | HP: 76/76 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +11, CMD: 23 (25 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

I don't really want to attack here, there is definitely something else going on. I'll take a wild flier and try to bolster the party, just in case.

"Everyone, be on your guard! Steel your minds, there is something insidious at work here."

Pooka is activating his Danger Ward ability for Will Saves. Follow the link for details, but the basic premise is that if you fail a will save in the next minute, you get an immediate re-roll with a +4 bonus. This is an immediate action to do this.

With everyone properly warned, Pooka guides Luna around his short gnomish friend to interpose himself between Nugats and the guard with the purple armor highlights. He grabs his lance as he moves and prepares to defend himself, just in case.

Sovereign Court

F Half-orc Cleric8 HP 60/60 AC:21/TC:10/FF:21 Perc +4 F +12 R +6 W +14 CMB +9 CMD 19 Spd 30ft Init +7 Channels 5/5 Active Buffs: Shield

”Shelyn, guard us against the evil that clouds this place!” Grisaia offers up a prayer as she moves forward.

Activating Deflection Aura for +2 deflection to all allies within 20ft of her. If one of the guards moves up to her, she will use her AoO to attempt a trip maneuver.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Kenath casts a spell on the High Priest. Her face softens slightly Perhaps you speak the truth. Guards, be wary of an attack, but do not slay them just yet.

She takes a moment to sheathe her sword and then leads the guards back to the village, escorting you also.

I think that is the end of your 100 minutes of Tongues. You will need to find alternate methods of communication.

Once back in the village the High Priest and her guards go to the Shrine. You are left on the street.

After 10 minutes you are approached by Gao Lai Wam, the inn keeper. He speaks in broken, halting common. I fear. The village in danger. The flower not right. Everyone trusts, but something is wrong.

Sovereign Court

F Half-orc Cleric8 HP 60/60 AC:21/TC:10/FF:21 Perc +4 F +12 R +6 W +14 CMB +9 CMD 19 Spd 30ft Init +7 Channels 5/5 Active Buffs: Shield

Speaking a quiet prayer, Grisaia enjoys the gift of tongues once more. ”Please tell me everything you can and I shall share with my companions. What wrongness do you feel?”

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Wizard 5, Envoy of Balance 3 | HP 61/61 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMB +2 CMD 14 | F +8 R +8 W +10 | Init +11| Perc +25, Sense Motive +15 | Speed 30ft| Shift 12/12 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor, Heroism, Heightened Awareness

Did we each get a scroll of tongues or one for the group? It’s probably best to conserve our resources as much as possible. Kenath prepared one tongues himself.

Kenath travels back to the village with his comrades, rather elated that his magic, along with Grisaia‘s expectedly, and Nuggets quite unexpectedly silver tongues enabled a diplomatic solution.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Rallas has comprehend language he can cast....took that as a racial trait....havent used much...forgot all about it...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

That should be enough to communicate as speaking is a Free Action

Nugats breathes a sigh of relief as combats abates. Back in the village, Nugats listens intently as Gao Lai Wam pleads with the Pathfinders for aid.

"Fear not, noble innkeeper. We shall ascertain any and all threats poised against your quiet hamlet." Looking at the blank stare, Nugats tries again.

"We help. Where we go?" he smiles at Gao Lai Wam and shoes him to lead the Pathfinders on to victory.

On the way there, "Bet it is in the boarded up houses that they don't want us in. I'd go there if I wanted to hide and be left alone and hatch a nefarious plan to take over the village." the gnome converses with Luna. "Now tell him that, you beautiful pooch." Nugats thumbs in Pooka's direction as he gives the girl a treat and scratch.

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor
Kenath Corvilianus wrote:
Nuggets quite unexpectedly silver tongues enabled a diplomatic solution.

Truth!


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

You may recall from the briefing that these people have a sacred plant that you were asked to get a pollen sample from.

Gao Lai Wam directs you back down the path out into the jungle. He explains that if you travel about 200 yards past the spot where you encountered the priest you will find the flower.

The Exchange

Male CN gnome evoker (Admixture) 9 | HP: 65/65 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 illusion) | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 5/5 4th 4/4 5th 3/3 Reroll 1/1 MM Rod 3/3 | Active conditions: Mage Armor

We remember - but you never gave us a chance to interact with the high priest after Kenath 'cured' her.

GM Ietsuna wrote:

She takes a moment to sheathe her sword and then leads the guards back to the village, escorting you also.

Once back in the village the High Priest and her guards go to the Shrine. You are left on the street.

Nugats turns to the others. "It seems that this flower has been corrupting the High Priestess' mind. I fear no man ... er flower in this case, but I guess that it will try to effect our mental states. Do any of you have any magics to help us thwart this evil?" Once ready, Nugats happily follows the others towards the magical flower.

I have a scroll of Comprehend Languages but I am going to hold off on casting it until I see if the flower's power is language dependent.

quests:

Inn
Hostler’s House
Baker
Shrine of the Phoenix
Smithy
Training Building
Bridge
Weaver’s House
Boarded up House

Other Houses
High Priest - In Progress

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Halfling Cavalier (Gendarme) 8.1 | HP: 76/76 | AC: 26 (13 Tch, 25 FF) | CMB: +11, CMD: 23 (25 Bull Rush) | F: +11, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 15ft (40ft mounted) | Daily Abilities: Challenge: 3/3, Danger Ward: F – R – W | Active conditions: Mounted

Oof... I just used up the one thing I can to help with will saves. I can do it again for fortitude saves though...

"A stout heart and a hearty soul can't hurt my friend." Pooka claps Nugats on the shoulder. "And if you feel yourself failing, just look upon my banner," Pooka lifts his lance up, nodding towards the elaborately embroidered cloth than hangs near the pommel.

"I don't have any magic though." he mumbles, fully realizing what Nugats was actually inquiring about.

I have a potion of shield of faith. Protection against evil might be very useful here if anyone has that en masse... My banner gives everyone a +2 moral bonus to saving throws vs fear. If I time it right, I can do danger ward vs fortitude saves also.

Sovereign Court

F Half-orc Cleric8 HP 60/60 AC:21/TC:10/FF:21 Perc +4 F +12 R +6 W +14 CMB +9 CMD 19 Spd 30ft Init +7 Channels 5/5 Active Buffs: Shield

"If it attempts to confuse our emotions, I can suppress the evil for a brief time. Beyond that, I have little prepared."

101 to 150 of 215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Ietsuna's Hao Jin Hierophant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.