Ebon Fist's #6-18 From Under Ice (Inactive)

Game Master EbonFist

Maps and Slides


201 to 229 of 229 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Way of the Kirin Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
Bocke Reed wrote:
I had cast Heightened Awareness on Kal'Ryon when we first started exploring the doors. It lasts 10 min/level so if it has been less than 10 min, he should get a +4 to his initiative.

I'll allow it! Updated Init:

Round 1. The BOLD may act.
Castinus
Kal'Ryon

Ice Cube Dwarf
Bocke
Fiata
Ichio
Quensha

Scarab Sages

| Sermonic Performance: 8/8 rounds Human Evangelist 2 AC 15 (T:11/ FF14) HP:15/15 | F:+4/ R:+1/ W:+7 | Init: +3 | Perception: +10

Don't forget your Flagbearer bonus! (+1 MORALE bonus on rolls To Hit/Damage and saves vs FEAR).

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1, Occultist / 1 AC18 [19] T15 [16] FF13 [14] | HP: 21/21 | F3 / R10 / W4 | Init: +7 | Perception: +9 | Lowlight vision 60'

Appraising the situation swiftly, Castinus sees a chance to deny the undead horror the opportunity to bottleneck the party in the doorway. Darting forward he dashes around the left of the creature alongside the table, sliding the lantern onto the tabletop as he does so. His loose shirt billowing in the flickering lamp light, he cries out "It came From Under Ice! Flank it!" before lashing out with the icy steel of his rapier:

Move up through the doorway, then left, then up two squares, hoping that in my speed the ghoul is flat footed and therefore cannot aoo. Can someone pls move Castinus up? Thanks.

Then free move to drop the lantern, and attack action to strike

rapier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 251d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
crit confirm?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Should Castinus be attacked by this creature, he will expend one panache point to use

Dodging Panache:
(Ex): At 1st level, when an opponent attempts a melee attack against the swashbuckler, the swashbuckler can as an immediate action spend 1 panache point to move 5 feet; doing so grants the swashbuckler a dodge bonus to AC equal to her Charisma modifier (minimum 0) against the triggering attack. This movement doesn’t negate the attack, which is still resolved as if the swashbuckler had not moved from the original square. This movement is not a 5-foot step; it provokes attacks of opportunity from creatures other than the one who triggered this deed. The swashbuckler can only perform this deed while wearing light or no armor, and while carrying no heavier than a light load.
to move a further 5' north away from his foe. In this case his AC will be 19+2=21

Scarab Sages

| Sermonic Performance: 8/8 rounds Human Evangelist 2 AC 15 (T:11/ FF14) HP:15/15 | F:+4/ R:+1/ W:+7 | Init: +3 | Perception: +10

Don't forget your "+ 1" Castinus. It won't confirm, but it will raise your damage to 12.

I also moved you.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager 3 | HP 34/34(43/43*) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 17(*15) T 11 FF 16 |Rage*: 11/11, Quibble 1/1| CMB +6 (+2 trip), CMD 16 | F: +6/*+9, R: +2, W: +1/*2 (+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3, Dipl +7 Darkvision 60'| Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None

It isn't much, just a quick premonition, but Kal feels as though there is something on the otherside of this door. As it opens, the Ganzi leaps into the room- chaotic energies swirling behind him, and his dark black fingernails sharpen into grotesque blades. His eyes flash white with anger and he drives into the creature.

Rage, 15 ft move, Standard action attack

Claw #1, Banner, Flank: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 19 Damage, Banner: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11


Way of the Kirin Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Man, I feel bad about myself. This thing almost killed me the time I played it but...

Before the Captain Americaed dwarf can react, Castinus dances around him and uses his rapier as a very effective ice pick. A moment later, Kal'Ryon steps in and lashes out with his chaotic claw.

Between the two attacks the undead dwarf is "put on ice" in a different way, tumbling to the floor.

The intense cold that it was emanating fades a moment before chilling the blood of the two Pathfinders.

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 16 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +11 | Fort +5 (+7) Ref +0 Will +8 (+10)

Quensha claps both men on the shoulder, "I'm glad you're both on my side. Blimey!"

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1, Occultist / 1 AC18 [19] T15 [16] FF13 [14] | HP: 21/21 | F3 / R10 / W4 | Init: +7 | Perception: +9 | Lowlight vision 60'

Front-lit by the light of the lantern, Castinus edges forward to peer down at the fallen ice-dwarf. He poke at it, running it through a few more times apprehensively, just to be sure. Looking up and Kal, Quensha and the others, "That did just leap out at us, right? Or was I just too jumpy after all that talk of paranoia?"

He kicks at the corpse again. "I mean, that was too easy. Only the most feeble of Pathfinders would have been unable to take out that frozen stiff." He clasps Kal on the shoulder, "If that was indeed undead, you might want to take extra care cleaning under your talons..."

Kal examines the shelves and the fireplace, then moves to take up position for the next door once the others are ready to proceed.

perception, heightened awareness: 1d20 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 8 = 24

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 18 (T 14, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Bocke hopes he gets to fire an arrow at some point during this adventure!

Scarab Sages

| Sermonic Performance: 8/8 rounds Human Evangelist 2 AC 15 (T:11/ FF14) HP:15/15 | F:+4/ R:+1/ W:+7 | Init: +3 | Perception: +10

Fiata takes a moment to shake out her hands. I never thought carrying this thing around would ache so much. She reaches up and flicks an ice chip...or frozen dwarf, off of her banner.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager 3 | HP 34/34(43/43*) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 17(*15) T 11 FF 16 |Rage*: 11/11, Quibble 1/1| CMB +6 (+2 trip), CMD 16 | F: +6/*+9, R: +2, W: +1/*2 (+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3, Dipl +7 Darkvision 60'| Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None

As Kal’s anger fades, he takes a moment to catch his breath. The claws slowly retract, looking more and more like simply long, black painted, finger nails. He pulls out a deep red handkerchief from a hidden pocket and proceeds to wipe down his hands before returning it to its hidden folds.

Somehow, despite all of the blood, the Ganzi’s white cloak remains gleaming and untouched.

”Well, that was certainly something, wasn’t it. Best be moving on, nothing to see here”

He takes a quick look over the body before moving on with the rest of the pathfinders

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 18 (T 14, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

"A red hankerchief to wipe your blood so nobody can tell you're bleeding! Brilliant!" Bocke marvels.

I gotta get me some brown pants! he notes to himself.


Way of the Kirin Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

*weeps quietly over his early failures.*

Castinus' rapier sinks into the corpse with a sort of rasping scrape, like poking a half frozen piece of meat with an ice pick or knife. It shows no reaction or sign of moving again.

He then searches the room, finding a well crafted dwarven waraxe on the table behind where the dwarf was. His pack is there too and there is little of interest in it other than what proves to be his journal.

He is about to pass on to the next door when he takes a final look at his dead opponent and notes the beard clasp the dwarf was wearing. Pulling it free causes the frozen hair to break off around it which makes it easier to get loose.

DC15 Knowledge (Local) or Knowledge (History) Check:
This is a gladdringgoch, a traditional beard or hair clasp worn by a clan leader as a mark of status.

DC15 Knowledge (Nobility) or Linguistics Check:
The rune on the ring is represents one of King Gutheran's family lines. It is the precursor of the modern dwarven rune for "royalty" or "king's blood."

I added the last entry of the journal to the slides.

The remaining doors open up to bedrooms for the apartment. Searching them reveals nothing of particular interest and everything has been iced over so even taking a nap would be immensely uncomfortable.

Except the bottom most door which gives anyone a scare as they open it and find themselves only feet from an abrupt 20' drop.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 18 (T 14, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Linguistics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

It's all Geb to me.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 18 (T 14, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

"If the Sky Key is not here, maybe it is in the Tapestry with the rest of the clan?"

Bocke scans the remaining rooms with detect magic.

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 16 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +11 | Fort +5 (+7) Ref +0 Will +8 (+10)

knowledge (history): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Quensha admires the clasp, "This is a gladdringgoch, a traditional beard or hair clasp worn by a clan leader as a mark of status. The rune on the ring represents one of King Gutheran's family lines. It is the precursor of the modern dwarven rune for "royalty" or "king's blood.""

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1, Occultist / 1 AC18 [19] T15 [16] FF13 [14] | HP: 21/21 | F3 / R10 / W4 | Init: +7 | Perception: +9 | Lowlight vision 60'

"Hmm. Let me see..." Pouring over the beard clasp, Castinus applies his piercing intellect to discern the object's bature.

know local + insp: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 6 + (6) = 30
know history + insp: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + (3) = 16
know nobility + insp: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (6) = 14
know linguistics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"I think that this..." he suggests, "is a gladdringgoch, a traditional beard or hair clasp worn by a clan leader as a mark of status. The rune on the ring, coupled with these two little sigils, suggest this dwarf's name was Goffren, or Joffren perhaps, and that he had two sisters, and a fondness for open-toed sandals" He nonchalantly offers the clasp to anyone else to examine, or pops it in a pouch for later use if no-one is interested.

Castinus can be insufferable when he is showing off.

"I was hoping that this might show that we were on the right track for the Sky Key. Best case, or be an identifier which would help us secure our goal." he muses aloud, "...but reading this note suggests that the rest of the clan were taken into the Tapestry. I expect that they would have taken their treasures along with them. I trust they survived the late... unpleasantness were all witnessed." He looks at the others, seeking ideas for how next to proceed. "I guess we ought to explore the cylindrical void left when the Sorceress transported them away? What do you think?"

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 16 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +11 | Fort +5 (+7) Ref +0 Will +8 (+10)

Quensha throws her hands in the air and walks off...


Way of the Kirin Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

After demonstrating how to make friends and influence Pathfinders, Castinus goes to investigate the Cylinder. Thanks to plenty of rope, cleats and strong armed associates he (and anyone else) is able to carefully investigate the walls and floor. Other than the coating of ice on everything and the rubble that has fallen, it is only remarkable in the amount of magic and skill required to have created the effect. It is truly mind boggling that a mortal was able to transport so much mass into another dimension.

Assuming their mission is a bust (since they didn't find the piece of the Sky Key) but with new leads for the Society to follow, the group heads back out.

But when they return to the ice rimed main hall, they find a welcoming party.

Their old friends, Carl and Barl are there, though only Carl brought his ice bear with him. Maybe the other is still guarding the gates of Dalun. Behind them is a small humanoid that appears to be made up entirely of animated ice.

And in front of them all is a woman with what are now the familiar, icy cool features of a Jadwiga. She stands with one hand on her hip, chin raised, oozing chill imperiousness (the chill part, literally.)

"Well, at least you did come to investigate ruins, so that part of your story is true. But who are you really? Who do you work for? Where is my cousin? Do you have her?" the woman demands as soon as the Pathfinders round the corner.

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 16 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +11 | Fort +5 (+7) Ref +0 Will +8 (+10)

Quensha sighs, ”We are Pathfinders. As we said. We are here to investigate these unusual dwarven ruins. We already have some fascinating finds, this royal beard-clasp, for instance.”
diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 +2 if good

Scarab Sages

varon tengu| HP: 33/33 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD:19 | F: +6, R: +11, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +7 slayer 1/uc rogue 4 initiative +6 bmc 5 dmc +20 ts fort +6 ref +11 will +3 pg39 ac 21 flat 16 touch 16

"Hello my name is Ichio and im a representat of the Pathfinder society, we are here on a mission if you have enough time we can explain the purposes of our visit"
diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Way of the Kirin Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

"Kiryena?" Uliyara says, coming around the corner and clearly recognizing the woman interrogating her.

She shakes her head. "Oh, Mother is so suspicious! These really are Pathfinders, Kiryena. They don't work for Urgalaena or anyone else out to get me, or Mother. In fact, they didn't even know who I was until an hour ago and didn't care once they did."

The other Jadwiga, Kiryena apparently, scowls but more out of habit than actual ongoing suspicion. "Well, be that as it may, your little adventure has lasted long enough. Aunt Nadya wants you back, now where she can protect you instead of depending on a group of...of..."

She seems to have a hard time finding a non-insulting description of your group.

"...Pathfinders," is what she finally settles on.

Uliyara appears crestfallen but more like a child who has been told its time to leave the fair than one who expects to be locked in a tower or room under the stairs.

"I suppose you're right," she says before turning to her travelling companions.

"Thank you for teaching me about the outside world and for showing me that the stories about the Pathfinders are true. It's helped me make a decision. I have to go home now and talk to Mother, and likely stay for a while, but what can I do to join the Society?"

The question brings an alarmed look to Kiryena's face, but she makes no comment.

"Oh...and Fiata, I noticed you noticing this. Please, take it as a sign of my appreciation and friendship," she says, handing the woman the ice diamond she has been wearing.

She waits for an answer then joins Kiryena and the guards. The two women share a brief, familial hug before turning toward the entrance.

"We are returning to Dalun. You can travel with us that far, if you like. This is a dangerous land, after all, and there is safety in numbers," Kiryena says, glancing back over her shoulder at the group as the Irriseni prepare to depart.

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 16 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +11 | Fort +5 (+7) Ref +0 Will +8 (+10)

Quensha smiles, "Absalom. All roads lead to Absalom. And there is the Grand Lodge. If nothing else, ask for me and I will introduce you to some Venture Captains."

Quensha's smile broadens as she imagines introducing a Jadwiga to the Master of Spells.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 18 (T 14, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

"The protection was provided by these two," Bocke says, pointing at Castinus and Kal'Ryon. "Literally. I didn't get to fire a single arrow."

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager 3 | HP 34/34(43/43*) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 17(*15) T 11 FF 16 |Rage*: 11/11, Quibble 1/1| CMB +6 (+2 trip), CMD 16 | F: +6/*+9, R: +2, W: +1/*2 (+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +3, Dipl +7 Darkvision 60'| Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None

"A fine, and noble, calling. One could do much worse than to cut their teeth among the pathfinders. Besides, you could spend some more time in my company". Kal dons a very charasmatic smile and wink at the Uliyara.

"I have always held quite an... attraction... to the cold. I would love to hear more of this kingdom, in due time of course."

Scarab Sages

| Sermonic Performance: 8/8 rounds Human Evangelist 2 AC 15 (T:11/ FF14) HP:15/15 | F:+4/ R:+1/ W:+7 | Init: +3 | Perception: +10

Honestly surprised at the gracious offer, Fiata accepts the necklace. "Are you certain? Wow! I...wow. That is so sweet of you. Thank you so much. Say, what is the witch equivilent of a 'princess' anyway? Well, whatever it is, you are like totally the best one."


Way of the Kirin Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

The group begins the trek back to Dalun. Kiryena's suspicion and irritation at Uliyara continuing to talk to the Pathfinders is clear, but she does not interfere in the conversations.

Uliyara nods. "Absalom it shall be. I'm so excited but I know I can't go immediately. I wish I could just return with you but my mother would never stand for that."

She raises an eyebrow at Kal. "Perhaps you can show me around Absalom and I can show you around my kingdom at some point."

"It is the least I can do, after you all helped me so much," she says to Fiata. "'Princess' works, though it translates to 'czarina' in our language."

Despite Uliyara's warmth, the Pathfinders receive a...frosty welcome at Dalun. Uliyara returns to Baroness Nadya's palace but other than a messenger who gives them curt thanks for keeping her daughter safe, they hear nothing from the Baroness.

The trip back downriver is only remarkable in it's unremarkableness and they find themselves back at Kalsgard in short order (especially since the current is with them.)

Back aboard the Grinning Pixie Benarry is plainly disappointed when the group does not present her a piece of the Sky Key but she becomes excited as she reads the journal.

Venture-Captain Benarry’s face breaks into a wide smirk, and she laughs heartily. “To think, Naldak’s piece of the Sky Key has been in the Hao Jin tapestry all along! Well, easy enough. I’ll just have to have a chat with the Master of Spells about sending a group of agents in to pick it up. The tapestry is vast, and we never would have known where to look it weren’t for you. To top that off, studying the section of Naldak’s Point that Hao Jin’s magic narrowly missed ripping out of Golarion could teach us more about the tapestry itself. Well done, Pathfinders!”

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 18 (T 14, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

"It was a pleasure, but could our next assignment be somewhere tropical?"


Way of the Kirin Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
Bocke Reed wrote:
"It was a pleasure, but could our next assignment be somewhere tropical?"

"Careful what you wish for style" foreshadowing music plays in the background.

201 to 229 of 229 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ebon Fist's #6-18 From Under Ice All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.