GM Rinaldo's Midnight Mirror

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Maps and Images


501 to 550 of 682 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

"No need to disturb your masters. We will visit them ourselves. Just point us in the right direction! Thank you!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28, AC 20, T 16; FF 15, F +2, R +7, W +3, Init +6(+8), Perc +7

Aye...we can talk to them ourselves.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

The fetchling seems confused. "But they are literally right here..." He points down a small hallway. "...and those are their bedrooms, so it makes more sense for us to bring them here."

Are you strongly against them going to get Nicasor? If so, you'll need to convince them.

I've marked on the map where they are indicating Nicasor's room is.

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

"We have a surprise for your master. If you tell him we're here, everything will be ruined. Here you go here is 50 gold pieces take that and go buy for yourselfs something. Leave us alone here so that we can surprise your master."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 4 | AC: 19/14/- | HP: 24/32 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +0 (+2 to all vs fire/light) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+1 vs surprise)

I don't know why it's so important to Nino that we see this Nicasor ourselves. But I'm not going to argue.

I for one am not strongly against this.

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.
Laiashi wrote:

I don't know why it's so important to Nino that we see this Nicasor ourselves. But I'm not going to argue.

I for one am not strongly against this.

I don't wanna fight Nicasor and those creatures all at once.

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-2/7|2nd-2/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

I'd be more worried about them being behind the party if Nicasor attacks.

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.
Ushi Goroshi wrote:
I'd be more worried about them being behind the party if Nicasor attacks.

For this reason, I am trying to send them out so they leave us alone. It would be nice if you could help me with that.

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-2/7|2nd-2/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

Despite the queasiness of seeing such a generous payout, Ushi adds "Nino has been so excited to give this gift, it would be a shame to ruin it now. Can you let him do this just this once?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28, AC 20, T 16; FF 15, F +2, R +7, W +3, Init +6(+8), Perc +7

We don't want you guys to get into trouble for disturbing your master...in case he doesn't like the surprise.

aid diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 4 | AC: 19/14/- | HP: 24/32 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +0 (+2 to all vs fire/light) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+1 vs surprise)

I agree, it's just that as far as Laiashi is concerned, these people have only been nice to us so she isn't expecting a fight here.

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

"We will go now to see yours master and you will wait here! Are you OK with that?"


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

"Well, he'll probably be annoyed at you coming directly to his personal room, but I guess we can't stop you ..."

Who is going down the hall to the indicated room? The door is closed.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28, AC 20, T 16; FF 15, F +2, R +7, W +3, Init +6(+8), Perc +7

Just stay here then... Patros says as he heads down the happ, blade ready.I'll go first

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

Nino follows Patros, with one hand on his greatsword.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Patros and Nino go down the hall and knock on the door. It opens, revealing a tall figure dressed in lacquered armor with a full face mask, and a cloak draped over his shoulders.

"I thought I heard voices. New prisoners of our dear baron, are you?"

Beyond him, you see a luxuriously appointed room, suitable for a noble lord, though the experience is somewhat muted by everything being in shades of grey.

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-2/7|2nd-2/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

Ushi follows behind, letting Laiashi keep an eye on the fetchlings. "Hardly. We have been allowed in to correct the damage done to it. Once our work is done, there should be no prison left to contain any creature still alive."

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

When all party enters the room Nino closes the door.

"We will settle this one's for all!" and he grabs his greatsword.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

OK, I'm seeing two different approaches here ... Ushi started talking, and Nino is just going in to attack. Also, you said "when the party enters the room", but that assumes he will allow that. Let's let everyone respond, unless you want to attack immediately.

I'll give you time to reply before responding in character.

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-2/7|2nd-2/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

Nino always wants to attack immediately. :P

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.
Ushi Goroshi wrote:
Nino always wants to attack immediately. :P

I am half-orc, more orc than half :)

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 4 | AC: 19/14/- | HP: 24/32 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +0 (+2 to all vs fire/light) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+1 vs surprise)

I was going to stay behind with the fetchlings, like Ushi said. At least at first.

Laiashi waits with the fetchlings while the others approach Nicasor's room. "My men don't always have what you'd call tact," she says with an apologetic shrug. "Does anyone else find it cold in here? I'm freezing."


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Laiashi is staying in the room; I'll give Patros a little more time to respond. Ushi, are you going to push in and close the door immediately, or wait for more conversation/actions? (Not judging or trying to push you one way or the other, just want to react correctly to the actions you want to take.)

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-2/7|2nd-2/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

Ushi knows better than to jump ahead of the warriors, after Signs in Senghor. ;)


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Oops, sorry, that was meant to be addressed to Nino -- are you jumping to the attack even without everyone in the room?

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

No, I will not attack if we all are not in the room and if the doors are not closed


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

OK, in that case you are still standing in the hall, as Nicasor is standing in the doorway of his room.
----------------

Ushi Goroshi wrote:
Ushi follows behind, letting Laiashi keep an eye on the fetchlings. "Hardly. We have been allowed in to correct the damage done to it. Once our work is done, there should be no prison left to contain any creature still alive."

Nicasor replies, "Truly? You have come to destroy the prison realm? In that case, welcome, friends! How do you intend to accomplish this? Once free, I would happily reward you for your effort."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28, AC 20, T 16; FF 15, F +2, R +7, W +3, Init +6(+8), Perc +7

[b]Yes, he are here to do just that.

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

"What are your intentions once you are free?"

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-2/7|2nd-2/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

"We have been told there is a 'heart' of sorts. Destroying that should return all within to the material, ending this demiplane."


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch
Nino the Green wrote:
"What are your intentions once you are free?"

"Once free, I will return to my people and try to pick up my life. I've been in here a very long time, and I imagine things have changed quite a bit back home. I'll just have to see."

Ushi Goroshi wrote:
"We have been told there is a 'heart' of sorts. Destroying that should return all within to the material, ending this demiplane."

"Yes, that is my understanding. But it is not so easy to destroy. How do you plan to accomplish that?"

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

"Are you willing to help us to destroy this "heart"?"

sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

"If you have a way to do it, I will take you directly to where it sits and let you do the deed. I will be happy to have this place destroyed."

He seems pretty sincere about that.

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

sense motive on answer about what shall he do once he will be free. Sorry for not rolling that before.

sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

as a player I don't belive that guy


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

You can't really use sense motive on individual statements. It's more for a general sense while the person talks, and your overall impression is that he is sincere about helping you destroy the prison and rewarding you for it.

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.
GM Rinaldo wrote:
You can't really use sense motive on individual statements. It's more for a general sense while the person talks, and your overall impression is that he is sincere about helping you destroy the prison and rewarding you for it.

I am not sure that this is true.

I have asked two unrelated questions. What shall he do once he will be free is unrelated with his help to destroy the heart. His answer may be honest to one question, and another answer may be a lie.

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-2/7|2nd-2/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

”We have been gifted a weapon against it, while our own prowess should carry on to victory. You say you know where the heart resides? I would gladly accept your aid.”

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

"We have the weapon that can kill the Heart!"


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

"Well, then! Is there any reason to delay? I can take you right to it, if you are ready!"

He motions back down the hallway to the living area where Laishi and the fetchlings wait.

And just to be clear, he isn't implying the heart is there - that is just the only way out of his chambers. :-)

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

"After you!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28, AC 20, T 16; FF 15, F +2, R +7, W +3, Init +6(+8), Perc +7

Aye...let's get this done...this place is giving me the creeps.

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 4 | AC: 19/14/- | HP: 24/32 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +0 (+2 to all vs fire/light) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+1 vs surprise)

"There they are." Laiashi stands when the others emerge and notices that there seems to be little hostility between Nicasor and her allies, at least for the moment. "Excellent, so we're... doing what, exactly?"

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

"We are going to destroy that heart. Nicasor will help us!"


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Nicasor closes the door to his room and leads the way out. He tells the fetchlings, "We're leaving soon, be ready!"

He leads you downstairs to the dining room, which you had previously looked into. He points to the wall covered in black ichor. "The heart lies behind that wall. Do you have anything suitable for knocking a hole in it?"

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-2/7|2nd-2/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

”Yes, we have a Nino.” Ushi claps the halforc on the shoulder with a smile. ”Is the black substance harmful to your knowledge?

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

"I will try to break down that black thing but before I do that I have one question. Who will use that shard of the cracked mirror on the heart?"

The shard functions as an improvised light weapon dealing 1d4 damage. When used against the Heart, the shard instead functions as a +1 bane dagger, and the wielder takes no penalties for using an improvised weapon.

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 4 | AC: 19/14/- | HP: 24/32 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +0 (+2 to all vs fire/light) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +5 (+1 vs surprise)

"The, sorry, what now? I thought the plan was just regular old open-heart surgery."

Bluff (secret message, Nino): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Well that's a failure to communicate. Laiashi has the shard, hidden. (We had agreed ahead of time not to flaunt it until the moment of truth.)


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Nino, what are you going to use on the wall? You won't have to attack, but your damage will have to overcome its hardness and do enough damage to break through.

Grand Lodge

”Nino” | Male CN Medium Half-Orc Warpriest of Gorum 4 | HP 35/39 | AC 18, T 12, FF 17 | CMD 18 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Init +3 | Perc +2; darkvision | Speed 20ft | Spells 1st 3/4; 2nd 2/2 | Blessings 3/3 |Fervor 3/3| Active Conditions: +4 wis.

sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"What are you talking about, Laiashi?!"

Nino starts hacking and slashing the wall with his greataxe.

Only thing that I can do is hack and slash.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

OK, I need to know what damage you can do with each hit to see if you can get through. You don't have to roll, but I need to know what your die and damage bonus are.

501 to 550 of 682 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rinaldo's Midnight Mirror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.