[SFS] GM Bigrin's Table 3 - Dreaming of the Future

Game Master bigrin42

Combat maps


151 to 200 of 279 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Acquisitives

Male Human Soldier 2 | Init +4:| SP: 16 | RP: 5 | HP 18: | EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception: +1 | Piloting: +9

Talc jukes the ship port than starboard quickly in the hope that 6ix's head smashes into a bulkhead.

Exo-Guardians

Female Android Technomancer 2 | HP 14/14 SP 12/12 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15+8 | F 1 R 3 W 3 | INIT 3

A few shakes and rumbles is how it starts, when suddenly an explosive round blasts through into engineering, knocking Rei to the floor. Alarms continue to buzz, as containment systems start firing. Rei stumbles to her feet and assesses the situation.

"Captain, we are taking heavy damage. Forward shields have been completely destroyed. Attempting to compensate"

divert power: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"Captain, I believe I have restored some power to forward shields, for now."
Continuing with her deadpan monotonous voice...
"Talc, I believe I can help with our waning offense. Deathsong and Dirski, I have run a query. The analysis results indicate that there is a technique which can be utilized that will give you an advantage during this battle. It is referred to as aiming. I suggest you attempt that approach. Thank you."

shields status:
Shields restored 7/0/0/0
Shields basic 40 (forward 7, port 5, starboard 10, aft 10)

Acquisitives

Shirren Cultist Mystic 1 | Init +0 SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 2/3 | EAC 11 KAC 12 | F+4 R+0 W+4 | Init +0 | Cult +7 | Diplo +5 | Myst +6 | Perception +6 | SM +6

<Noted Rei, next time this Tilt-A-Whirl pauses for longer than a picosecond, I will attempt to aim.>


SFS Signup sheet

GM screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

rr 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
l 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Rei managed to get some of the front shields back in place, even while the comm lines erupt with blame-throwing and sarcastic putdowns thinly disguised as advice.

The enemy craft made a straight run, directly away from the Loreseeker, putting asteroids between it and your ship.

Round 5 HELM PHASE - Pilot and Science Officer are up
Talc won initiative and the enemy has moved.

Loreseeker status:

Shields basic 40 (forward 7, port 5, starboard 10, aft 10)
HP 49/55; CT 11

Acquisitives

SP 14/14 | HP 16/16 | Resolve 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | F/R/W: +2/+6/+3 Android Operative 2

After getting jostled around his section, 6ix resumes targeting systems, this time going for engines. He is tired of the opponent fleeing, and wants to be able to bear down at their leisure on a wounded target.

Computers: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

"Targeting engines. Please slow them down so that Morsel does not have to fly such exaggerated self-aggrandizing maneuvers to compensate for physical lackings."


Botting Talc at his request

piloting, evasion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Talc burst off on hot pursuit, weaving and dodging as he went, trying to see if he could make any of his ungrateful crew sick with the maneuvers.

+2 to AC


SFS Signup sheet

GM screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

6ix targeted the engine systems of the enemy, and Talc shot the Lorerunner forward in pursuit with a shout that sounded suspiciously like "yee-haw" as he corkscrewed through the asteroid field after the fleeing ship. He brought the Loreseeker in close, hoping that if he was only a few thousand feet away even his unreliable gunners could get a shot off on target.

Round 5 GUNNERY PHASE - Gunners are up!

Loreseeker status:

Shields basic 40 (forward 7, port 5, starboard 10, aft 10)
HP 49/55; CT 11

Acquisitives

Shirren Cultist Mystic 1 | Init +0 SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 2/3 | EAC 11 KAC 12 | F+4 R+0 W+4 | Init +0 | Cult +7 | Diplo +5 | Myst +6 | Perception +6 | SM +6

f'Dirksi's hands slap uselessly at the trigger and he watches the lasers shoot toward the asteroid on the port side. He reaches out to Dawnfriend, <cap, it seems I'm not that effective down here. anything else you'd rather I be doing?>

Gunnery +System: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Light Laser Dmg: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
male CG skittermander priest of Sarenrae mystic (healer) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +7 | 1st Lvl Spell Slot: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Dawnfriend mentally shrugs. "Want to be captain?" he offers helpfully.

Acquisitives

SP 14/14 | HP 16/16 | Resolve 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | F/R/W: +2/+6/+3 Android Operative 2

I was using the "target system", to give our gunners higher crit range and make crits apply to their engines.


SFS Signup sheet
6ix wrote:
I was using the "target system", to give our gunners higher crit range and make crits apply to their engines.

Yep, and I immediately misconstrued it. Fortunately, Talc didn't need the extra movement. Fire away, boys! (well, I mean Deathsong since f'Dirksi already muffed it :p)

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male N vesk mercenary solarian 4
Skills:
Athletics +11, Bluff/Diplomacy +2, Culture +5, Intimidate +7, Sense Motive +0**, Survival +8**(** Sidereal Influence +1d6)
| SP 20/31 HP 34/34 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Init: +0| Perc: +7 (lowlight vision), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Active conditions: none.
Starship:
Gunnery +4, Intimidate +7, Bluff/Diplomacy +2

Sarankahn lines up the target sites of the coil gun on the enemy ship.

"Listen, now," he mutters to the ysoki vessel, "and hear the final notes...of the Deathsong!"

Gunnery, w/computer: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24
Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3) = 11

Wayfinders

male CG skittermander priest of Sarenrae mystic (healer) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +7 | 1st Lvl Spell Slot: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

CRIT!


SFS Signup sheet

GM screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
4d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 2) = 12

1d100 ⇒ 88

2 crits, one rolled (power core) and one CT (engines)

While f'Dirksi continued to show his incompetence as a gunner, Deathsong took advantage of the computer targeting system and fired his shots straight into the rear shields and the cowling covering the engines. The rear shields of the enemy ship collapsed and ion flares showed as the power core and engines both sustained damage.

Round 6 ENGINEERING PHASE - Engineer up!

Loreseeker status:

Shields basic 40 (forward 7, port 5, starboard 10, aft 10)
HP 49/55; CT 11

Exo-Guardians

Female Android Technomancer 2 | HP 14/14 SP 12/12 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15+8 | F 1 R 3 W 3 | INIT 3

Rei furiously types away at her engineering control center.
"Captain, shields are holding stable. Attempting to boost our fire power. "

divert power, guns: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

"Captain, it appears that I have successfully boosted the damage of our weapons. Team, now is the time to take advantage of aiming"


Gunners: Treat each damage die that rolls a 1 this round as having rolled a 2 instead. Also, is there any critical success change that applies here?


SFS Signup sheet

GM screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Rei poured more power to the weapons systems as the enemy ship continued to flee.

Round 6 HELM PHASE - Pilot and Science Officer are up
Talc won initiative and the enemy has moved.

Loreseeker status:

Shields basic 40 (forward 7, port 5, starboard 10, aft 10)
HP 49/55; CT 11

Acquisitives

SP 14/14 | HP 16/16 | Resolve 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | F/R/W: +2/+6/+3 Android Operative 2

6ix continues his targeting of the enemy's engines, hoping to further lame them.

Computers: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Acquisitives

Male Human Soldier 2 | Init +4:| SP: 16 | RP: 5 | HP 18: | EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception: +1 | Piloting: +9

Pilot: Evade: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22

"Hold on to your seats!" Talc shouts as he throws the throttle all the way forward and pushes the ship after the fleeing target. He banks slowly to port and then continues to push forward. "Closing in fast. 1200. 1000. 800 yards, dead ahead!"


SFS Signup sheet

GM screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

6ix used the sensors to lock in on the fleeing ship's engines, hoping to further lame the ship. Talc, meanwhile, continued to pursue at full speed.

Round 6 GUNNERY PHASE - Gunners are up!

Loreseeker status:

Shields basic 40 (forward 7, port 5, starboard 10, aft 10)
HP 49/55; CT 11

Acquisitives

Shirren Cultist Mystic 1 | Init +0 SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 2/3 | EAC 11 KAC 12 | F+4 R+0 W+4 | Init +0 | Cult +7 | Diplo +5 | Myst +6 | Perception +6 | SM +6

f'Dirksi is ready to fall out of his chair when Talc yells for them to hold on. Then he does something unusual and smoothly navigates around to bring the enemy ship in range. f'Dirksi's teeth clack as he hammers the trigger, sending the laser straight into the back of the ship.

Gunnery +System: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Light Laser Dmg: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male N vesk mercenary solarian 4
Skills:
Athletics +11, Bluff/Diplomacy +2, Culture +5, Intimidate +7, Sense Motive +0**, Survival +8**(** Sidereal Influence +1d6)
| SP 20/31 HP 34/34 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Init: +0| Perc: +7 (lowlight vision), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Active conditions: none.
Starship:
Gunnery +4, Intimidate +7, Bluff/Diplomacy +2

Sarankahn fires again.

Gunnery, w/computer: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17
Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 2) = 10

Wayfinders

male CG skittermander priest of Sarenrae mystic (healer) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +7 | 1st Lvl Spell Slot: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Dawnfriend jumps on f'Dirski and hugs him. "I came over here to help, and to let you be captain, but look at you, master gunner. Great job!"

Acquisitives

Male Human Soldier 2 | Init +4:| SP: 16 | RP: 5 | HP 18: | EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception: +1 | Piloting: +9

Talc hears the lovefest going on with f'Dirski and channels his provide comm. "Dirk. I don't want a hug. Keep Cap' over there please. If he puts his seventy-three hands around me I might hit an asteroid."


SFS Signup sheet

GM screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
4d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 1) = 12

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

l: 1d100 ⇒ 69

rr: 1d100 ⇒ 82

The second turret opened up, blasting into your port shields and dropping them without managing to do any hull damage. The coilgun on the other ship's turret, however, not only knocked out your forward shields in a spray of shrapnel, but also smashed through. Rei heard the engines shriek in protest as some of the high-explosive rounds punched through engineering and slammed into the port engine housing.

Even as she rushed to contain the damage, f'Dirksi and Deathsong opened up on the other ship. Deathsong brought the rear shields down and smashed into the enemy's power core again, more ion trails spewing into the Black Ocean. f'Dirksi, his weapon guided by 6ix's targeting matrix, managed to cut through the unprotected engine housing, causing both of the enemy's engines to stall out momentarily before kicking back in, though fitfully.

2 more crits, one on the engines and one CT on the power core.

You passed a CT, making your engines glitching.

You guys are doing great now!

Round 7 ENGINEERING PHASE - Engineer up!

Loreseeker status:

engines - glitching
Shields basic 40 (forward 0, port 0, starboard 10, aft 10)
HP 44/55; CT 11

Exo-Guardians

Female Android Technomancer 2 | HP 14/14 SP 12/12 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15+8 | F 1 R 3 W 3 | INIT 3

Rei has second thoughts about boosting our fire power last round, as every single alarm on her panels starts blasting.

"Captain, Talc, our forward and port shields have suffered heavy damage. Additionally our engines were hit. I must attempt to repair the engines."

patch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"Talc, engines at full power. Please heed my advice. Steer clear of our forward and and port side if at all possible. "

Loreseeker Status:

engines - restored
Shields basic 40 (forward 0, port 0, starboard 10, aft 10)
HP 44/55; CT 11

Acquisitives

Male Human Soldier 2 | Init +4:| SP: 16 | RP: 5 | HP 18: | EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception: +1 | Piloting: +9

Talc shouts back "Captain Talc? What? Rei, are you paying attention at all? First, I'm Morsel. Second, Captain Friend is the Captain. Seriously Rei, we need to get your oil changed or whatever it is that keeps you ticking.


SFS Signup sheet

GM screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 4 = 6
1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29

1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 4 = 9
1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 2 = 14

The aggregated damage on the other ship continues to show as the craft limps through space, heading for the edge of the asteroid field. Its intermittent engines give Talc plenty of time to outmaneuver them.

Round 7 HELM PHASE - Pilot and Science Officer are up
Talc won initiative and the enemy has moved.

Loreseeker Status:

Shields basic 40 (forward 0, port 0, starboard 10, aft 10)
HP 44/55; CT 11

Acquisitives

SP 14/14 | HP 16/16 | Resolve 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | F/R/W: +2/+6/+3 Android Operative 2

Seeing the shields in a fairly poor state, 6ix tries to rebalance them.

Computers DC 15+1.5 x Tier: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Should change shields to 5 per quadrant.

Wayfinders

male CG skittermander priest of Sarenrae mystic (healer) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +7 | 1st Lvl Spell Slot: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Dawnfriend wonders around the ship. "You can be captain if you want, Talc, and I can pilot. Or I can help change Rei's oil. It is all good, because I am sure Deathsong will help stop the other ship."

Diplomacy(Encourage Deathsong): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male N vesk mercenary solarian 4
Skills:
Athletics +11, Bluff/Diplomacy +2, Culture +5, Intimidate +7, Sense Motive +0**, Survival +8**(** Sidereal Influence +1d6)
| SP 20/31 HP 34/34 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Init: +0| Perc: +7 (lowlight vision), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Active conditions: none.
Starship:
Gunnery +4, Intimidate +7, Bluff/Diplomacy +2

"Of course, I will." Sarahkahn replies smugly and acting annoyed the skittermander feels a need to state what should be obvious to all.

Acquisitives

Male Human Soldier 2 | Init +4:| SP: 16 | RP: 5 | HP 18: | EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception: +1 | Piloting: +9

"Copy that, Rei. Avoiding forward and port arcs, I'll try to bring 'er around on starboard side!" he confirms as he heads towards a cluster of asteroids up ahead. "Alright, got it! A thousand yards, port! I don't have any room to maneuver in this cluster of rocks, so finish this before he shoots back!"

Evade DC12: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11


SFS Signup sheet

GM screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

6ix evened out the shields as Talc pushed the Loreseeker to her limits trying to catch up with the fleeing pirate ship. But, in his haste to punch the throttle, Talc bounced off an asteroid the size of a small buggy, sending his carefully-planned trajectory into the toilet, and instead careening out of control straight at the enemy ship.

Round 7 GUNNERY PHASE - Gunners are up!

Loreseeker Status:

Shields basic 40 (forward 0, port 0, starboard 10, aft 10)
HP 44/55; CT 11

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male N vesk mercenary solarian 4
Skills:
Athletics +11, Bluff/Diplomacy +2, Culture +5, Intimidate +7, Sense Motive +0**, Survival +8**(** Sidereal Influence +1d6)
| SP 20/31 HP 34/34 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Init: +0| Perc: +7 (lowlight vision), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Active conditions: none.
Starship:
Gunnery +4, Intimidate +7, Bluff/Diplomacy +2

Sarankahn attempts to make good on this statement.

Gunnery, w/computer, encouraged: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 12
Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 4) = 12

Acquisitives

Shirren Cultist Mystic 1 | Init +0 SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 2/3 | EAC 11 KAC 12 | F+4 R+0 W+4 | Init +0 | Cult +7 | Diplo +5 | Myst +6 | Perception +6 | SM +6

f'Dirksi watches the chain gun tracer rounds and tries to hit the same target.

Gunnery +System: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Light Laser Dmg: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


SFS Signup sheet

Deathsong's shots caught the fleeing pirate ship's rear shields and brought them down in another flare of explosions. The enemy continued their flight out of the asteroid field, air and smoke drifting out of the shattered hulk into the void of space. The communications panel came on to show a rather bedraggled Mr. Smiles, the bridge of his ship in bedlam behind him.

"You win this time, Starfinders, but the next time the River Rat finds you in her sights, we will not take it easy on you! Engage the Drift engines, Mr. Shuffle."

The rear of the enemy craft wavered with the tell-tale signs of a Drift drive activating, then your screen filled with white light and all your sensors were momentarily blinded as the badly wounded ship exploded. Apparently, the Drift engines had taken more than a little damage in your scuffle.

*************************

The dwarven reclamation crew called to thank you again for your help in reclaiming their asteroid base. Ezra Silverbrew was once again speaking as the liaison between her clan and the Starfinder Society.

“Nice flying, Starfinders. That ought to teach those skulking thieves to keep away from what isn’t theirs! Now then, as promised, we’ll send you the one chunk of the tablet they didn’t get their grubby hands on. And after you get that, we get to sweep the station for any other ‘surprises’ they might have left behind.”

Tune in tomorrow for Part III of Dreaming of the Future

Wayfinders

male CG skittermander priest of Sarenrae mystic (healer) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +7 | 1st Lvl Spell Slot: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Dawnfriend beams. "Great work, everybody. Way to come together as a team!"

Acquisitives

Male Human Soldier 2 | Init +4:| SP: 16 | RP: 5 | HP 18: | EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception: +1 | Piloting: +9

Talc jukes the ship to port so Rei hits her head on the bulkhead again.

Exo-Guardians

Female Android Technomancer 2 | HP 14/14 SP 12/12 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15+8 | F 1 R 3 W 3 | INIT 3

upon hitting her head once again on the bulkhead, Rei sighs before tending to the controls, effectively deactivating the pilots terminal.

"Ill be piloting from engineering for the rest of our flight, thank you"


SFS Signup sheet

Back at Absalom Station, VC Arvin is ecstatic to have the second piece of the sandstone tablet in his hands.

"This is great work. You lot really seem to be shaping up to a good team. Perhaps I should make this group a permanent one?"

The lashunta raised an antennae, looking among you. Whatever he saw (or heard) seemed to wilt his enthusiasm a bit.

"Well, never mind about that. We can discuss such arrangements in the future. In the meantime, our researchers have cracked the last line of the poem."

"“One world, two sides apart
Freedom locked ‘neath neon lights
Bad chameleon”

"From this, I believe that the “one world, two sides apart” tells us to inspect the Pact World of Verces. The second portion of this dreamspun tale, plus the information gathered from the previous clues, points us to the verthani club owner, Karelite Bogdin. You may remember him from your mission to retrieve the first piece of the tablet. Your report says to 'stay away from Bogdin.' Well, I am afraid no can do. We have learned that he was the one that paid the pirates to smash into the dwarven mining hold and steal the tablet. And Lerecti, as you know, stole one piece of the tablet from him. Bogdin owns a nightclub called Kozmos in the city-state of Vanos. I believe we’ll find the tablet hidden among his famed art collection in the personal safe in his office. I have admission tickets for all of you to get into the club. They're forgeries, of course, but they should pass any inspection."

"This needs to be a covert mission, not just a frontal assault. If Bogdin really does have the third piece of the tablet, then we need to get into his office and get back out again, preferably without shooting an entire clubful of civilians. Also, despite the irregularity in Bogdin's acquisition of the tablet, we have no legal recourse to take them from him. If you go in guns blazing, odds are the Verces security forces will take Bogdin's word that you are thieves, and treat you accordingly. The Starfinder Society cannot afford to get caught up in such a mess, so make sure you don't get caught."

"Since this is a covert op, you will be flying to Verces as passengers on a commercial shuttle. Any questions before you go? Your shuttle leaves in two hours."

Feel free to ask questions or head to the shuttle and ask your questions on the way. Travel to Verces takes about 3 days.

Culture, Diplomacy (Gather Info), or Computers DC 10:

Verces is a tidally-locked planet, with one side permanently facing the Pact Worlds’ single sun. The largest civilization is a sprawling metropolis spanning the circumference of the planet called the Ring of Nations, a temperate refuge lying between the scorching heat of Fullbright and numbing cold of Darkside. The most technologically advanced of the native species are the Verthani, eight-foot tall humanoids whose chameleon-like skin allows them to blend their pigments to hide in plain sight.

Culture, Diplomacy (Gather Info), or Computers DC 15:

The mega-metropolis that spans the planet is known for its elevated level of technological advancement. Because of this, most Verthani use various cybernetic instruments to some degree to augment their senses and defenses.

Culture, Diplomacy (Gather Info), or Computers DC 20:

Different nation-cities within the Ring of Nations operate with varying degrees of self-governance, with some being known for their rather lax rules on bodily autonomy. The city-state of Vanos is known as they place to do business if you’re looking to avoid scrutiny from the authorities. Casinos, clubs, and open black markets where the rich can buy and sell sentient androids abound. Laws, which are few and far between, are rarely enforced where they do exist.

Culture, Diplomacy (Gather Info), or Computers DC 20:

Kosmos is a high-end club with clientele to match. You'll need to dress the part. Personal weapons are a norm on Verces, and probably won't lead to any scrutiny, but you might want to have a way of hiding, disguising, or smuggling in heavy weapons or armor if you don't want to attract too much attention.

Acquisitives

Shirren Cultist Mystic 1 | Init +0 SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 2/3 | EAC 11 KAC 12 | F+4 R+0 W+4 | Init +0 | Cult +7 | Diplo +5 | Myst +6 | Perception +6 | SM +6

Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male N vesk mercenary solarian 4
Skills:
Athletics +11, Bluff/Diplomacy +2, Culture +5, Intimidate +7, Sense Motive +0**, Survival +8**(** Sidereal Influence +1d6)
| SP 20/31 HP 34/34 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Init: +0| Perc: +7 (lowlight vision), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Active conditions: none.
Starship:
Gunnery +4, Intimidate +7, Bluff/Diplomacy +2
DM Bigrin wrote:
"This is great work. You lot really seem to be shaping up to a good team. Perhaps I should make this group a permanent one?"

"Venture-Captain, although these agents' abilities intrigue me, they are quite honestly inferior. Mentally, physicallly. In fact, I am surprised how low the standards for admission are among the Starfinders. Oh, there is some modicum of potential, but, how little seems likely to be born out for display. Sarahkahn replies, as if the idea of being yoked to these particular agents was an insult to his vesk-hood. "I predict that I shall continue to stand out among the agents of the Society."

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"I fail to see how this operation would require cover tactics." notes the vesk. "Surely, a simple display of my superior abilities and this Bogden will wisely bow to my will."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
SFS Signup sheet

"While I appreciate your own, surely unbiased, evaluation of your capabilites, from what I have learned a frotnal approach would likely end with your smoking corpse surrounded by a dozen heavies in power armor with artillery lasers claiming self-defense from the local constabulary who all agreed quite loudly that they had everything to fear from a lone assailant, all while planning a nice family vacation with the thousands of credits newly transferred into their accounts from a mysterious source. So, how about you do it the way your superiors have asked?"

Acquisitives

Male Human Soldier 2 | Init +4:| SP: 16 | RP: 5 | HP 18: | EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception: +1 | Piloting: +9

Talc was beaming from the approval of the VC, but Sarankahn puts a quick end to that. "Just a moment Venture-Captain. This can't wait."

Turning to face Deathsong, Talc sticks his finger into the vesk's massive chest. "Look song-boy, your attitude seriously sucks. We're a team and that's why we're successful, each of us doing our own part. If they thought you were so special they would have sent you out by yourself."

Removing his hand and looking up to the taller, more muscular, extremely intimidating sharp-toothed creature before him, Talc continues "Whether you want to say it out loud or not, you need us.
You don't have to like it, but cut the s@~+-talking already because if you don't the only thing that's going to be standing out for the society is the lump on your head from when you smash it into the wall on our next flight."

I'm assuming my friend won't let that go unaswered, so I'll wait before I address the VC.

Acquisitives

Shirren Cultist Mystic 1 | Init +0 SP 10/10 HP 12/12 RP 2/3 | EAC 11 KAC 12 | F+4 R+0 W+4 | Init +0 | Cult +7 | Diplo +5 | Myst +6 | Perception +6 | SM +6

f'Dirksi watches Talc and Sarankahn square off and blinks. He doesn't turn around but addresses the others,

Rei, Dawnfriend, 6ix:
<This was bound to happen. There's only so much space for egos that big. I'm sure the next tree days will be lovely. Dawnfriend, do you have any projects planned for us?

Verces looks fascinating. I've never met a Verthani. If I recall, Vanos is the second most wretched hive of scum and villainy - a perfect place for Bogdin's club. Rei and 6ix - you need to be careful since there's quite a market for sentient androids and they'll have no qualms about just grabbing you and bringing you to market.

When we to Verces, we'll need to get proper clothes. We don't want to get stopped a the door.>

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male N vesk mercenary solarian 4
Skills:
Athletics +11, Bluff/Diplomacy +2, Culture +5, Intimidate +7, Sense Motive +0**, Survival +8**(** Sidereal Influence +1d6)
| SP 20/31 HP 34/34 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 (+2 vs. fear) | Init: +0| Perc: +7 (lowlight vision), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Active conditions: none.
Starship:
Gunnery +4, Intimidate +7, Bluff/Diplomacy +2
Talc Bronx wrote:

"Whether you want to say it out loud or not, you need us.

You don't have to like it, but cut the s*@!-talking already because if you don't the only thing that's going to be standing out for the society is the lump on your head from when you smash it into the wall on our next flight."

A wide, toothy grin forms on the vesk's face. "Talk of 'smashed heads'? You speak of violence, threats of wounds that have yet to befall me."

Sarankahn allows his words to hand in the air, before continuing. His mote, like a miniature black hole, continues to encircle his head."But, it seem that it is you that is hurting. It is you, who is deeply wounded. And, yet I have lifted not a single claw against you."

With a flick of his tail, the vesk continues. "I like you man-ling. Your aggression is palpable and can serve you well. But the universe is a vast, deadly place. One must have thick scales if one seeks to survive within it. I suggest that you grow some."

"Until then, you would do well to keep me by your side to ensure that you live long enough to do so."

Wayfinders

male CG skittermander priest of Sarenrae mystic (healer) 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 4/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, darkvision 60 ft., SM: +7 | 1st Lvl Spell Slot: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Dawnfriend glances between Talc and Deathsong, a somewhat bewildered expression on his face as he tries to process the hostility and, frankly, unfriendliness of the exchange. As it concludes, he breaks into a smile. "I love you guys!"

He turns to f'Didksi ... "Of course ... Fasion show!" He runs off to go shopping for everyone before the trip.

Take 20 on Culture for a 24 to pick out appropriate outfits for everyone

Acquisitives

Male Human Soldier 2 | Init +4:| SP: 16 | RP: 5 | HP 18: | EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception: +1 | Piloting: +9

Talc doesn't really understand half of what the vesk says "What? Look, all I'm saying is we're a team or we're not. You want to stand by my side? I'm fine with that, I've seen you are capable but you attitude sucks. Either stand together with us or not at all."

He turns away from Deathsong when Dawnfriend speaks, rolling his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. We love you too Captain friend."

Addressing the VC, he says "Okay, got it. Covert missions. Should be a piece of cake. Let's go, folks." before heading out to resupply.

Acquisitives

SP 14/14 | HP 16/16 | Resolve 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | F/R/W: +2/+6/+3 Android Operative 2

6ix looks at Rei. "The mammals and reptile are very emotional creatures. I estimate our odds of getting through this without violence at less than 2 percent. Do your numbers correlate?" The outfit selected by Dawnfriend is stored for later use, as current armor is great for travel and also comfortable.

Exo-Guardians

Female Android Technomancer 2 | HP 14/14 SP 12/12 RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15+8 | F 1 R 3 W 3 | INIT 3

"Oh, actually one moment."

Rei pulls out her datapad and starts typing away while briefly looking up at 6ix, then back to her pad.

"I wrote an algorithm as a result of my previous engagements with Talc. I just have to swap in a few variables here and there and." She looks up to 6ix. "If my calculations are correct, I anticipate Talc, Deathsong, or both, to blow our cover with 87% confidence. It is in our best chance of survival to keep our distance."

Her voice continues to be monotous.

She directs her attention to Talc and Deathsong "That is of course unless you two can seem to tame this love/hate relationship you have. I have run a query, and this sort of squabble tends to occur with something referred to as 'sexual tension'. Perhaps you two can alleviate that before we depart."

"Now I am unfortunately unable to learn too much from my queries about this planet. Perhaps my algorithm has hindered my datapad's performance"

computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Rei shares what she has learned with her allies.

Acquisitives

SP 14/14 | HP 16/16 | Resolve 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 15 CMD 23 | Init +4 | Perception +6 | F/R/W: +2/+6/+3 Android Operative 2

"I am also familiar with that symptom, and given that Talc has clung to the intimate sobriquet of 'morsel', they are exhibiting classic behaviors of a mated pair. That is odd given their incompatibility for procreation, unless my sensors have malfunctioned and Deathsong is the female of the species? Am I incorrect? Should I run extended self diagnostics?" The question is an honest one, having met only Obozaya, 6ix's interactions with Vesk have been limited.

151 to 200 of 279 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] GM Bigrin's Table 3 - Dreaming of the Future Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.