DM_Delmoth's Strange Aeons: Table A

Game Master Delmoth

Map

Treasure


51 to 100 of 187 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Does my smite evil still count, or have I wasted it on the illusion?

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Additional +1 damage if smite is active, or +2 if undead/evil outsider

As the true target reveals itself, Jassminder fits another arrow to her bowstring and fires.


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

As the 'corpse' suddenly springs at her, Saiya thrusts her rapier at it in sheer surprise.

AOO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Unfortunately she wasn't expecting an attack coming from that direction. The dagger digs deep into her stomach, causing her to double over. Oh f*!$ not again...

She staggers backward, trying to get away."E...E-risa? I could...use a little help here..." I really need to stop using all my healing spells on other people.

Saiya is disabled. Taking a five-foot step but no other actions.


Female Kitsune, Usually Human form Kitsune Sorcerer (Tattood) from Tian Xia | HP 8/8 | AC 11 | Perception +1 | Twitchy

Miyuki triggered herself and will cast daze DC 16 will to resist


F Samasaran Oracle (Dual-Cursed, Spirit Guide) from Ustalav | HP 14/14 | AC 16 | Perception +8 | Methodical Mind | Init +0 (Roll twice, Temporal Celerity) | Spells: 1st: 5/5
Vitals:
LN Samsaran HP: 14/14, AC: 16 T: 10 FF: 16 Perception +8 (Low Light) Initiative: +0 Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +4 (+2 death effects and negative energy) CMB: 0, CMD: 19, Speed: 30
Skills:
Know(Arcana) +8, Know(Dungeon) +7, Know(History) +7, Know(Planes) +8, Perception +8, Spellcraft +7, UMD +11, Prof(Librarian) +6

Erisa sees Saiya go down and moves closer to her but is unable to reach her just yet. While she's next to Jass, she'll touch her, "Good luck on your next shot."

Updated Erisa's position on the map and since she's next to Jass, she'll cast Guidance.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

The Vixen shudders as Saiya steps back. F+%~. "Hang in there, Saiya..."


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Smite evil was wasted unfortunately.

The Vermilion Vixen sweeps Dr. Oathsday, her legs feel rubbery and soft, but still yield to the vicious onslaught. The doppelganger tumbles to the floor in a heap. Jassminder’s arrow arrives a moment too late and again goes high, above a now prostrate target. Miyuki tries to muddle the mind of Oathsday but she finds the doppelganger’s mind is far too strong for such a weak spell. Immune from either an ability or having too many HD. The corpse turned doppelganger gets up while saying, ”I’ll cut you to ribbons for that!” V.V. gets an AoO, thanks to pugnacious.

Oathsday vs V.V.: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Dagger: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Dr. Oathsday true to her word steps closer to V.V. and the dagger bites into her flesh.

Round 3
Jassminder <-----
Miyuki <-----
Saiya <-----
V.V. <-----
Erisa <-----
Dr. Oathsday


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

"The f@%$ ye will!" the Vixen retorts.

And with those words, she again sweeps Doc off its feet—
AoO Trip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
(Does a successful trip prevent the dagger attack from landing?)

—then closes in, stomping the doppelgänger with her sharp silver heel!
Kick!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
...though the attempt at a damaging attack is rather aimless!


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Gonna say you reversed those rolls, you couldn't trip on the AoO because it triggers before she stands.

Vix is not above kicking someone while they're down especially when they nearly gut a friend but she's unable to keep the doppelganger down.


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

Saiya staggers closer to Erisa, leaning heavily on the table as she goes. "Thanks...in advance..." She hears Vix get in a couple good kicks and laughs weakly. "You pissed off the redhead...big mistake there."

Saiya is disabled. Move action to get next to Erisa.


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Jassminder shoots VV a look as the redhead knocks the doppleganger out of the path of her arrow. This is hard enough without extra disadvantages being put in her way.

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

She returns her attention to the task at hand.


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Jassminder's arrow pierces the creature's flesh with a meaty thunk.

Round 3
Jassminder
Miyuki <-----
Saiya
V.V.
Erisa <-----
Dr. Oathsday


Female Kitsune, Usually Human form Kitsune Sorcerer (Tattood) from Tian Xia | HP 8/8 | AC 11 | Perception +1 | Twitchy

Miyuki is unable to use her mind magic on the doppelganger, so she works on her best spell, enlarging the vixen.
Enlarge person


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Action to Erisa.


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Botting Erisa to move things along.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Erisa says several words of power and touches Saiya, healing her.

Oathsday vs V.V.: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Dagger: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The doctor advances on V.V. threatening her with the long dagger doing little else as she swipes at air uselessly.

Round 4
Jassminder <-----
Miyuki <-----
Saiya <-----
V.V. <-----
Erisa <-----
Dr. Oathsday


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Critical damage: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5, 5) + 3 = 19

Jassminder ignores the swirl of combat and focuses her aim, striking the shapechanger with a well-placed arrow.


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

Feeling significantly better, Saiya straightens up and grins. "Thanks for that." She runs back over to the shapeshifter, rapier in hand. Time to kill this thing.

Rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Not that she can. She slips turning the corner and her thrust misses the creature by a mile. Oops.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

The Vixen watches in disbelief as Miyuki's magic makes the entire world smaller, the ceiling closer, her clothes... no tighter, despite being eight feet tall? Ten feet?! Uhhh... when do I stop—??? She somehow has the feeling she used that artisan kit to make her dress by herself, and me cheap threads ain’t meant to stretch like this!

((Delay action until Miyuki's post.))

Once fully-grown (and still, to her relief, fully-clothed), the Vixen flexes her oversized muscles and says, "I'm gonna make ye bleed!"

((Flex: Bleeding Attack, cancelling Imp Trip so Jass won't miss!))

The Vixen kicks, shoving her now-eight-inch stiletto heel through the doppelgänger!

Kick: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Jassminder's arrow pierces through the back of the doppelganger's throat as the Vermilion Vixen's stiletto goes through the front. She tries to draw in breath but can't and soon falls over unconscious gasping for breath and bleeding out. A moment later the doppelganger convulses and goes completely still, dead for real this time.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

The Vixen smirks at the dying gray thing, then whips around, grabbing a fistful of the curtain obscuring the other half of the room.

”Shall I?”

As soon as the others are ready, she tears down the curtain to reveal what (if anything) lurks on the other side.

((9 rounds of Enlarge/Bleed Atk remaining...))


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Jassminder rapidly fits another arrow to her bowstring and moves forward, covering the others as they search.

There's the faintest suspicion of what might be a smile on her face as she savours the memory of that last shot: mind and body working together to place the arrow in exactly the right spot.

Oh yeah. Whatever has happened to her (and not having any memories is extremely vexing), she's still got it.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

Seeing Jass is more than ready, the Vixen says to her, ”Maybe we ain’t too late to save the innocent back there!” She gives a smirk and an eye-roll as she says innocent.

She expects a ‘body’ to be n the table, so that’s where her eyes are when she violently tears the curtain out of her way!

Break Stuff!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

((8 rounds of Embiggened/Bleed Atk remaining...))


F Samasaran Oracle (Dual-Cursed, Spirit Guide) from Ustalav | HP 14/14 | AC 16 | Perception +8 | Methodical Mind | Init +0 (Roll twice, Temporal Celerity) | Spells: 1st: 5/5
Vitals:
LN Samsaran HP: 14/14, AC: 16 T: 10 FF: 16 Perception +8 (Low Light) Initiative: +0 Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +4 (+2 death effects and negative energy) CMB: 0, CMD: 19, Speed: 30
Skills:
Know(Arcana) +8, Know(Dungeon) +7, Know(History) +7, Know(Planes) +8, Perception +8, Spellcraft +7, UMD +11, Prof(Librarian) +6

Erisa will csat about with her deathwatch spell - it lasts for 10 minutes, so she'll scan everything while she can.


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

Saiya casts an appreciative look Jassminder's direction. "Nice shot." She backs up as Vix pulls down the curtain, not wanting to be a target if there's another enemy back there. She doubts there is, (why wouldn't they have come to help the shapeshifter), but it's better to be cautious. She's nearly died far too often for her liking the past couple days.

Assuming there isn't anyone behind the curtain, she quickly searches the room, (and the shapeshifter's body), for anything potentially useful.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

As she works, she comments, "That makes three if we go back for the one in the basement. Vix, if I tied a rope to the body down there do you think you could pull it up the chute?" Then maybe someone will finally tell us what the f!$+ is going on here.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

The Vixen replies, "Piece o' cake, Saiya—even if me titaness stature comes to an end." She then kneels down and whispers, "It does end, right? I'm a li'l sensitive about me weight and me thighs. Don't tell the others."

Despite the Vixen's humble request, in her enlarged state her whisper is more of a hoarse bellow. Everyone heard her, with the possible exception of the crossbow dicks.

If it's safe, the Vixen decides to take advantage of her size and one-hand-carry the dead thing after Saiya's done searching it.

((I forgot about our gamestart kill, so yeah: three outta three! Will wait for GM confirmation that there is no threat or reason to stay put before RP'ing my way through tiny doors with dead Dr.O in hand.))


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Three 6 foot tall, 10 foot diameter washtubs stand in alcoves along the west walls, two short folding ladders leaning near each, in each washbasin are two 10 foot pools for a total of six. The far table has been used as a surface for operating and dissection. The remains of humans and doppelgangers lie spread across the table. Stacked in the corner are five humans and two doppelgangers wearing simple white robes. The doppelgangers have wounds from crossbow bolts. Three pull chains hang from the ceiling along the south wall.

Sitting in the bottom of the southernmost washbasin is a single ghoul wearing torn vestments of a priest of Pharasma. The ghoul is missing strips of flesh and shards of bones poking through it's broken legs. The ghoul is the only creature in this room as evidenced by deathwatch.

Dr. Oathsday in addition to her doctor's outfit had a single potion of cure light wounds, a masterwork dagger, and 48 gold coins. On the southern table next to the lantern is a reasonably well kept set of surgeon's tools, and a backpack. Each of the pack's three containers opens into a chilly void you can't see into. Erisa is able to identify it as a Handy Haversack, the center pouch contains 3 platinum pieces, a pearl of power (1st level), and a phylactery of faithfulness. Next to the southern table is 6 foot tall standing mirror.

Gear is on the party page, I didn't include the mirror, the poles, and the lantern, but there isn't any reason you couldn't take them with if you wanted.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

The Vixen says to the others, "I'll get this body to the barricade."

Though badly wounded, she doesn't ask for the healing potion, nor does she touch any other treasure. She simply grabs the dead creature like a broken doll and squeezes through the door.

"I better not get me ass stuck," she grumbles.

Once down the hall, she says to those with crossbows, "We killed three now. Our first kill's still in the basement. I just gotta..."

The world starts to get bigger. The Vixen is well aware it's herself getting smaller. Again, she's surprised her clothing adjusts with her, but glad the magic works that way. She's also glad the dead body doesn't shrink in her arms because that would have kinda freaked her out.

Back to normal size means the corpse she's carrying is roughly her own weight, yet the dead doppelgänger is light to the Vixen's mighty limbs. She chucks the body toward the barricade and says, "...I just gotta go help one o' the magical girls get that body. Collect 'em all, right?"

Pointing to the corpse she adds, "This one's named Oathsday, by the way. I s'pose there was a real Oathsday, and she wasn't a sick twist like this dead phony. If ye knew her, the real one, I'm sorry. We did manage to find a live one back there though. He's a moron, but seems nice."

Unless those behind the barricade want the Vixen to stay, she heads back to help Saiya.


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

The guards lower their crossbows once three corpses are presented, "Some of you folk look like monsters and I don't know what's up with you being normal sized then giant then normal again. But I'm a woman of my word and right about now I'd like some monsters on our side for once." The woman who you now see is wearing a nurses uniform motions to one of the other guards and says, "Mura take these people to Winter, I'll talk to York once you get back."

Mura leads the party silently through the side door outside the barricade. Two small rooms were once clearly separated but now a broad gap in the brick wall links them. Dusty buckets, brooms and racks of cleaning supplies lie the rear of one space, while the other features a small desk and chairs shoved out of the way. The party is led through another door that opens just past the barricade and down a short hallway. On the eastern end of the hallway several bed sheets have been stitched together and strung up.

Perception
V.V.: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8
Erisa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Jassminder: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Miyuki: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Saiya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

That end of the hallway smells distinctly of ammonia.

Erisa:
Past the sheets Erisa hears three overlapping voices crying in unison and whispering over and over, "What have I become?"

Mura leads the party through a set of double doors. Improvised pallets are clustered beneath sculpted divinities, and cooking fires burn beneath cracked windows in this chapel. Panes of violet and blue stained glass form spiraling patterns between prison like bars, while dozens of candles flicker from modest alcove shrines. In addition to the large section consecrated to Pharasma there are smaller shrines dedicated to other deities: Abadar, Desna, Erastil, Gozreh, Iomedae, Irori, Milani, Sarenrae, and Shelyn. Even simple donation boxes under the symbols of Asmodeus, Koranda, and Zon-Kuthon.

A woman and a young boy lay on a couple of pallets resting, clearly wounded. A middle-aged man is agitated, pacing back and forth while an aging woman in a nurses uniform pleads with him to take some medicine. Another survivor is trying to break apart furniture with a crowbar to use as firewood to cook meager meals.

Mura brings the party to a woman with black hair and heterochromiatic eyes, she's dressed in black clothing and has a necklace that is a silver holy symbol to Pharasma. She nods to Mura and introduces herself, "I'm Winter Klaczka priestess of Pharasma formerly of Maiden's Choir Cathedral in Caliphas. I know you have questions but there's a lot of work to do, if you can help with that we can talk over dinner."


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

The Vixen could use that healing potion, but seeing a mother and child in need, she says softly to Erisa and Saiya,

Whispered: Erisa & Saiya:
"I can't go and use up the only healing potion when two innocents need it as badly, if not more. Ye've the spells to seal up all our wounds after a rest, I s'pose... but what if the kid don't survive the night? Or his mom?

"If ye can save 'em, please put the innocents' needs ahead o' mine."

The Vixen then approaches Winter. "I could use a priestess about now." Eyeing the shrines, noting one in particular, she adds, "I remember a bloody rose. It ain't a pleasant memory, but... well, the religious session can wait a bit. Let me help with the firewood."

She heads over to the man with the crowbar and says, "Mind letting me have a go? Be nice to smash something that ain't trying to stab me."

If permitted, she then spends the next few seconds kicking the hell out of wooden furniture.

Break Stuff!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Break Stuff!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Break Stuff!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

If she's welcome, she continues to help the man break stuff. She sheepishly admits to lacking skills in building fires or cooking. "But I'm really good at breaking stuff," she assures the man.


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

Before heading to the chapel.

Saiya frowns at the ghoul in the washbasin. "You know, I somehow doubt I was ever a paragon of righteousness, virtue, and all things holy. But this? This is just sick." Unless she's physically stopped, she'll take her rapier and put the poor thing out of its misery.

Still feeling a little sick to her stomach, she starts heading out of the room. Then pauses at the sight of the man still-chained to the wall. She purses her lips tightly and makes a decision. "F+%# it. You attack us, we'll kill you." Probably not me, but I'm sure Vix or Jass could handle one crazy a!@!&**. She pulls out her picks and heads to the manacles. It takes a depressingly long time, but eventually the cuffs spring open.

Taking 20 for a 26.

"Okay there, you're free. Do whatever you want, so long as it doesn't involve attacking us. Are we clear?"

After heading to the chapel.

Saiya looks around the place. Refugees. Lots of them. Minimal supplies, terrified people...s$#~. I'm getting the feeling these people are not going to be much help. She hears the Vixen's whispered plea and shakes her head. She whispers back, "Not saying no, but let's find out more about what's going on first."

Unfortunately, 'telling them what's going on' appears to be low on Winter's list of priorities. Saiya can understand that, respect that even, but it doesn't stop the frustration. "Fine. More hoops to jump through before getting answers. Why not. What exactly do you want us to do now?"


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Jassminder is about to shoot the ghoul but on seeing Saiya reach the same conclusion (although from a very different angle), she decides to save her arrows for a future target. When the fetchling opts to free the man chained to the wall, she watches him carefully, never letting the point of her arrowhead stray away from him.

When they are allowed behind the barricade, she stays to the rear of the group: Jassminder has enough self-awareness to know that she is not good with people. She vaguely wonders what sort of work the dark-haired priestess has in mind. Doubtless she will find out in time.


F Samasaran Oracle (Dual-Cursed, Spirit Guide) from Ustalav | HP 14/14 | AC 16 | Perception +8 | Methodical Mind | Init +0 (Roll twice, Temporal Celerity) | Spells: 1st: 5/5
Vitals:
LN Samsaran HP: 14/14, AC: 16 T: 10 FF: 16 Perception +8 (Low Light) Initiative: +0 Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +4 (+2 death effects and negative energy) CMB: 0, CMD: 19, Speed: 30
Skills:
Know(Arcana) +8, Know(Dungeon) +7, Know(History) +7, Know(Planes) +8, Perception +8, Spellcraft +7, UMD +11, Prof(Librarian) +6

This whole post is ooc, I'm not up for ooc blocking every line :D

I'm assuming we get to the chapel before the 10 minutes of the Deathwatch spell are up.

Being much better with books and libraries, Erisa does not have a good bedside manner. Instead, she scans the room magically determining the status of everyone before going to help anyone.

It doesn't help that she has zero heal adds, so her only hope is to use Deathwatch to triage. She has two CLW spells and her Stabilize ability left for the day.

This is where the HP based system kind of breaks down in an RP vs mechanics perspective. I'll describe mechanically how I'm looking at things. Then, I'll do an RPy post after finding out the disposition.

If there is one under zero and losing, she will Stabilize.
If there are multiple, she will CLW the worst ones and Stabilize a third.
If everyone is in "1+ hp" range and not going to die, CLW isn't going to do anything 'useful' for them that bedrest couldn't.

She's a bit leery of everyone and thinks that one or more of them are shapeshifters and she might need her spells.


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure
Erisa wrote:
This whole post is ooc, I'm not up for ooc blocking every line :D

Next time just put it in the discussion thread? ;)

Winter answers Saiya, ”I want you to help us all survive.” She looks over in annoyance as the man continues to refuse to take the tonic. She continues, ”If you don’t have any special skills You can help with the cooking or making firewood.” She looks as V.V. goes off and starts smashing, ”Cooking for sure.” I'll take either a profession or survival check.

Erisa sees the woman and boy’s life force as steady but very weak. Both are fragile, 1 to 3 hp The woman has a primitive splint on one of her arms, bruises, and other minor scrapes. The boy has numerous bandages up and down his arms and legs. If no magical healing than a heal check to provide long term care would be appropriate

The man chopping firewood lets V.V. have at it, ”You got quite the swinging arm there miss. The name’s Denman. Pleased to meetcha.” Denman starts taking the wood and putting them near the cooking fires and he slowly goes about making unseasoned onion soup. After an hour of work Denman comes over and says, ”Think we got enough for the day. You take a breather. Good work!”


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

The Vixen replies, "I'm the Vermilion Vixen. But ye can call me Vix, Den-Man. It's a pleasure to meet ye!"

Once Denman gives Vix a break, she thanks him and heads over to Milani's shrine.

There're innocents in need, Milani. I don't understand the greys' motivation, but I don't need to. I just need to kick 'em to death. So I pray to ye I've the strength—that I don't falter—that no innocent dies from hesitation.


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Jassminder shrugs. "I can cook." It's not something she does often - she associates it with her days of slavery - but needs must. Besides, a long day of fighting, butchery and killing has made her own stomach growl.

Drawing a pair of razor-sharp knives, she heads to the kitchen area. Jassminder does all types of cookery: chopped, diced and shredded.

Survival, cook: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

Saiya pinches the bridge of her nose. Cooking. Firewood. Couldn't they have a nice library that needs organizing? Once again the situation doesn't exactly play to her strengths.

For a moment she seriously considers just heading off again. If the survivors are reduced to breaking apart furniture for firewood, that means they're not getting any help from the outside. The sudden addition of five newcomers will only tax their limited resources further. Sure, they can help with a few chores, but that's not going to stop the food from running out.

However, Saiya's also under no illusions that she could survive on her own. Which means playing nice, ingratiating herself with the new people, and seeing if maybe they can find a way out of this mess. If she can make herself indispensable, all the better.

So, even though she'd literally just been cursing herself for using all her spells on other people, she heads over to the wounded. If nothing else Vix will appreciate it, and honestly keeping on Vix's good side is probably my best chance of survival.

"Hey there." She smiles. "Looks like you could use a bit of assistance."

One spell, two victims...eh, the woman's more likely to have useful skills. Saiya casts her final healing spell on the woman.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

She's still not exactly happy about how her spells have been turning out, but it's better than nothing. For the boy, she unwraps the bandages and takes a quick look at his injuries. Non-magical healing isn't her strongest skill, but she at least knows that blood is supposed to be inside the body rather than outside.

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 15

She pointedly doesn't mention the potion. If they can sleep in the chapel for a night she'll recover her spells, but the potion is a one-time use. Best to save that for an emergency.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

As the Vixen is kneeling at her goddess' shrine, she hears Saiya's healing spell. She turns to see the mother and child being tended to.

She walks over to Winter, pointing out the healing that's taking place, not really paying much attention to the bloody gash in her own studded leather.

"Ye see that?" Her question is choked by sentiment. "That's what makes kicking the s*!! out o' those grey things all worth it." She turns her face slightly away from Winter's gaze, lifting her costume mask so she can brush the moist trickle from her cheek.

*sniff*

"Allergies."


F Samasaran Oracle (Dual-Cursed, Spirit Guide) from Ustalav | HP 14/14 | AC 16 | Perception +8 | Methodical Mind | Init +0 (Roll twice, Temporal Celerity) | Spells: 1st: 5/5
Vitals:
LN Samsaran HP: 14/14, AC: 16 T: 10 FF: 16 Perception +8 (Low Light) Initiative: +0 Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +4 (+2 death effects and negative energy) CMB: 0, CMD: 19, Speed: 30
Skills:
Know(Arcana) +8, Know(Dungeon) +7, Know(History) +7, Know(Planes) +8, Perception +8, Spellcraft +7, UMD +11, Prof(Librarian) +6

Erisa looks around and sees that the wounded are not going to die from their wounds and decides to hold onto her spells for now, in case there are enemies here. She thinks, "I can always heal people before I rest."

She'll look over Saiya's shoulder as she looks at the boy thinking, "I've read a book on human anatomy, let's see if I remember anything."

Untrained Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Surprised that she remembers exactly what to do for the boy's injury, she'll say, "I can do this Saiya, I remember reading about how to handle this sort of wound." And then she proceeds to treat the boy.


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Jassminder slices and dices her way through preparing food for the survivor’s camp. The food is passable but not extraordinary, there is only so much one can do with a few vegetables, jerky, water, and no salt. Saiya and Erisa examins the two wounded, the woman has suffered a broken arm and several broken ribs. She explains, ”A wall fell on me during the earthquake. Thank you for your help but please help Yopchick, the Apostles in Orpiment attacked him. Luckily Mura was able to fight the cultists off.” The boy has bite marks up and down his body Erisa and Saiya work on cleaning his wounds and changing out the dressing, thankfully the wounds don’t look infected.

Winter motions the party into a drafty corner of the chapel around a small fire she looks exhausted, ”I apologize for being terse with you before but it’s been a rough couple of days. Weeks actually, but the troubles here are only recent.”


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

The Vixen replies, "There's innocents ye need to protect. I get it."

As for the concept of weeks ago, "I don't remember anything before busting out o' me cell yesterday. The unconscious man I carried to the barricade... he was being tortured. There even a point to that? Or the rectangular cuts o' skin off the dead?

"I mean..." The Vixen tries to sum up all her concerns into a solitary all-encompassing question. "...the f@@$?"


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

"If you have the time, I have questions. A lot of questions." Saiya pauses momentarily, her eyes briefly going out of focus as she organizes what she needs to know into basic categories.

"Let's start with the basics. Like Vix said, we don't remember anything about how we got here, so please keep that in mind." No sense in wasting time with exclamations of 'Like you don't know!'

(Okay, maybe Saiya is still a little bitter about their initial reception.)

"First of all, where are we? As in place, country, plane of existence...right now I have absolutely no idea. Second, you said things got rough a few weeks ago and escalated within the last couple days. Could you give a brief rundown of what happened?"

Saiya leans forward as she asks one last question. The most important one, from her perspective, and the primary reason she's been so willing to do whatever these people asked in order to get an answer.

"Third, why are you all still here? Is there rescue coming? Something physically preventing you from leaving?" The Tatterman flashes through her mind. "Such as a creepy man in rags who will rip your head off if you stray too far?"

They're low on food. Low on supplies. They can't stay here forever, and they must know it. Something is keeping them here. I need to know what that something is if I'm to have any chance of making it out myself.


F Samasaran Oracle (Dual-Cursed, Spirit Guide) from Ustalav | HP 14/14 | AC 16 | Perception +8 | Methodical Mind | Init +0 (Roll twice, Temporal Celerity) | Spells: 1st: 5/5
Vitals:
LN Samsaran HP: 14/14, AC: 16 T: 10 FF: 16 Perception +8 (Low Light) Initiative: +0 Fort +0 Ref +0 Will +4 (+2 death effects and negative energy) CMB: 0, CMD: 19, Speed: 30
Skills:
Know(Arcana) +8, Know(Dungeon) +7, Know(History) +7, Know(Planes) +8, Perception +8, Spellcraft +7, UMD +11, Prof(Librarian) +6

"Any amount of information you can reveal would be appreciated." she concurs with Saiya. "Earthquake? Apostles in Orpiment? There are so many things we don't know anything about."


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure
Saiya Atarangi wrote:
"First of all, where are we? As in place, country, plane of existence...right now I have absolutely no idea."

"Briarstone Asylum. A convenient place to forget inconvenient people. It's a hospice stuck on a rock sitting in the Danver River. Versex county in Ustalav.

Saiya Atarangi wrote:
Second, you said things got rough a few weeks ago and escalated within the last couple days. Could you give a brief rundown of what happened?"

"Mother Thestia assigned me to assist Royal Accuser Omari in investigating Haserton Lowls, the Count of Versex. He appears to have abandoned his duties as one of the nation's rulers. Accuser Omari had reason to believe that Lowls had regular business here at Briarstone. She sent me along with other associates to investigate the asylum while she went on to Thrushmoor. While we were here there everyone started having strange dreams, monsters, yellow fog, a deserted city. Then the patient uprising happened led by Ulver Zandalus; doppelgangers and ghouls started appearing wearing the faces of doctors, orderlies, patients. Then an earthquake hit and destroyed the second floor."

Saiya Atarangi wrote:
"Third, why are you all still here? Is there rescue coming? Something physically preventing you from leaving?"

"It’s as if the outside world has turned against us. I don’t know if it’s just Briarstone Isle, or if it’s the whole world, but the hospice is surrounded by some repulsive vapor. Worse, the weather beyond is like nothing I’ve ever seen—thunder like laughter, rain like blood. And that’s to say nothing of the shapes that scamper and flap within, vague forms that know when we sleep. Things are terrible here, but at least here we can see our doom coming."


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure
Erisa wrote:
"Apostles in Orpiment?"

"That's what Zandalus' people call themselves. It wasn't like any riot I've ever heard of. It was more like a religious movement. Most of the northern halls are now held by robed patients. They are fanatically devoted to Zandalus."


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

The Vixen perks up at the Z-word. "The Words-Fail guy mentioned that name several times." She imitates his tone: "Zandalus sees," then goes on, "Does that mean Zandalus is the fart cloud that keeps giving me nightmares? Do the cultists think praising him'll result in better dreams?—not that I'd give up me devotion to Milani for an omniscient a#%@&##.

"Oh... and speaking o' bedtime." The Vixen adjusts her studded leather, revealing a bloody tear in her dress and a slash across her abdomen. "I could use a li'l TLC tonight, if any o' ye's a healing kit and the know-how. I didn't wanna gripe earlier, for fear the mother and child were in greater need than meself."


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

Initially Saiya nods along to Winter's explanation. None of the names are familiar, which is depressing but not surprising. Ustalav. Why was I in Ustalav?

...Never mind. Worry about that later.

Besides, she has much more pressing matters to worry about.

"Wait, you're trapped here by the weather? And for all you know it's affected the whole world?!"

Stunned, Saiya nearly collapses as the impact of that hits her. She actually does sit down for a minute, staring blankly into space. All this time I've been thinking of survival, of escaping this place...what if there's nowhere to go? Vaguely she hears Winter and Vix continue to talk about the Apostles in Orpiment, but she's not paying much attention.

...I can't think about this right now. I can't. Focus on something else. Anything else.

"Sorry," she mutters as she gets back to her feet. "Just give me a second."

She starts pacing as she forces herself to categorize the information she's learned. People were sent to the asylum a few weeks ago for an investigation. They started having strange dreams that sound similar to the ones we're having. Then there was a patient uprising...wait a second.

"What was the exact timeline of events? Did the patient uprising happen before or after the strange weather?"

Maybe we were sent here to quell the uprising. It would explain why we all have armor and weapons, and why no one here recognizes us. We'd probably just arrived when everything went to hell.

Possibly literally. "Has anyone verified whether we're still on Golarion? Or even the Material Plane?" Saiya knows there are ways to travel between planes, maybe the entire asylum got transferred somehow.

K. Planes: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 11 + (6) = 32 (DC15 to recognize current plane)


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Winter answers Vix, "I never was able to meet Zandalus, but some of the other survivors worked here and they say that Zandalus was a quiet man who suffered from horrible nightmares. He was a poet and an artist whose art was disturbing, but who always seemed peaceful enough himself. All of that changed apparently, though. I don't know if he's the source of the nightmares but he's involved somehow, I don't know how."

She continues, "The uprising happened first. Some of the staff, the patients, and myself made a fighting retreat to the chapel. We were trapped first by the Apostles, then the monsters, and the fog now prevents us from leaving the asylum."

Winter begins to plead her hard exterior breaking a little, "I know we can't stay here. We need a way out. You seem able enough, if you can find some way to escape, some route that doesn't lead straight into that terrible fog, I'll see that the Royal Accusers reward you well. Please, you have to help us."

Saiya is having trouble determining what plane she's on. At first it seems like she's on the prime material plane, but she feels energies from other planes bouncing around her. The sensation is familiar but she can't quite place it, maybe if she was able to find the source of these energies she'd be able to remember.

Winter heal, long term care: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Winter begins to look over V.V.'s wounds, "We're short on everything but I'll do what I can." She boils thread she pulls from her own vestments and begins to stitch the Vixen's wounds up. Heal at twice the rate at next rest.


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) from Katapesh | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +4 R +4 W +5 I Perception +7 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 3/day

Jassminder listens quietly as the priestess tells them exactly how bad things are. She doesn't respond emotionally, but she does frown slightly as she does her calculations and reaches the same conclusion as Winter: they need a way out, and that soon.

She looks at the priestess. "Helping you is the rational thing to do. It is the right thing to do. Bribery and pleading are not required."


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 10/15 | AC: 16 (T: 13, FF: 13) | Saves: F:+1, R:+6, W:+3 | BAB: +1, CMB: +1, CMD: 14 | Perception +5 (+1 to find traps) | Init +3
More Info:
Spells (1st) 3/3 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 1

Saiya frowns, distracted by the sensation that she should know what's going on in this plane, but somehow doesn't. "I mean, I wouldn't turn down a reward, but Jass has a point. If we want to survive we need to find a way out of here anyway." She shrugs. "We'll do some exploring, see if we can find this Zandalus. It sounds like he's the one that started all this, maybe he knows how to stop it. Or at least have a better idea of what's going on."

Off topic, but if Saiya's tendency to shorten names bothers anyone, just let her know IC and she'll stop.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️11/17 | Flex:4/4~Pug:1/1| AC:14~CMD:17 | Fort.3~Refx.4~Will.–2 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+1

The Vixen lays back, gladly allowing the priestess to work on her wound. (She's way too body-proud to feel the least bit self-conscious about her exposed abs.)

When Jass speaks of the right thing, Vix says, "Couldn't've said it better meself."

Except maybe all this turning-down-rewards crap. It's say no to drugs, not rewards! Only answers to the reward question're yes, hell yes and f~*! yes. Have I really to explain that the hero business – is – a business?

"Protecting the innocent's me very reason for donning me killer heels."


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

With a look of relief on her face Winter says, "Good. Thank you. I think I know where to start looking... but I don't think you'll like it. There's something growing at the end of the hall... well, there was a door there once. If you dispose of what's there now, the asylum's entry hall is just beyond."

Winter leads you to the hall with the sheets draped across it and she introduces the party to him, "This is Vaustin York, he's been invaluable in helping organize defenses."

York nods, "A pleasure to meet you folk."

Winter pulls back the curtain after she explains the situation. A gigantic eye gazes from the center of a funguslike wall that's tough as wood. Where the eye's iris would be is a set of viscous looking fangs. The sound of three overlapping, drowned-sounding voices whispers mournfully, "Who am I become?" It then begins crying tears that smell of ammonia.

51 to 100 of 187 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM_Delmoth's Strange Aeons Gameplay: Table A All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.