!GM ShadowLord's Jade Regent - Group 2

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

CHAPTER ONE: THE BRINEWALL LEGACY
Part Two: The Legacy's Lure
Combat Map
Loot


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,764 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 3 | HP 10/33 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +4 | Initiative +1 | Perc +6, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 1/6 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 0/4 | Wand CLW: 34

Relisha pulls more of Ameiko's pain into herself.

5 HP of healing to Ameiko. 5 HP of damage to Rel.

She drops the link with Ahreni and shifts it to Shalelu. Gasping for breath under the cart, she invokes a spell of healing upon herself.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


HP 19/27 | AC16, T13, FF12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +3 | CMB 4, CMD 16 | Perc +10, Stl +9, SM +9, Surv +10, HA +7, Knw N +5 Init +4 | Bite/Claw +5, d4+3+d6 | Aspect 3/5 (mins) | Active: Scent 30ft (1 min)

Ahreni catches sight of Sandru being reckless and itches to rush across the battlefield to protect her brother. Unfortunately there is an ogre in the way so he gets to feel her wrath instead!

5ft step then attack yellow.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 31/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: Shaken.

With his sword dripping with blood from the last ogre, Olaff slash the air in a way to send gore flying towards the approaching ogre, gazing it with pure hatred and menace before slamming his sword against his shield and slow approaching.

Not giving the giant the opportunity to swing at him, Olaff ducks before attacking, aiming for its groin.
_________________________________________
Move Action: Intimidate
Intimidate, size: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 4 = 23
Free Action: 5 ft. step
Standard Action: Attack
Attack (longsword): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Crit?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 = 8 <- What a disappointment


Female Elf Ranger 2 / Fighter 2 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 38/38 | F +8 R +7 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +11 (Low-Light)

Shalelu eyes the two ogres on either side of her, she is in a tough spot, but she doesn't have a lot of options. She steps back, closer to the ogre to the south so she is just out of reach of the other one and looses two more shots.

Attack, PBS, Sick, RS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 13
Damage, PBS, Sick: 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 2 = 8
Attack, PBS, Sick, RS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 8
Damage, PBS, Sick: 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 2 = 6


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

All Shalelu needed was one of those arrows to hit their mark, but unfortunately they both miss as the threat of being surrounded causes her to rush her shots. Worse yet, when she turns her back to shoot the northern one, the ogre to her south uses the opportunity to slam his greatclub into her left side with tremendous force, nearly throwing her from the wagon and breaking several of her ribs in the process. Damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (4, 6) + 7 = 17

The nothern ogre moves in and tries to attack the elf, but the hit Shalelu just took had thrown her too far and his club comes up just a little short.

Seeing the elf getting battered and knowing he has to do something, Sandru painfully climbs to his feet, groaning as his broken ribs scream at him and he pulls out his blade. He waves it in front of the creature's face shouting "Hey! Pick on someone your own size!" In response, the ogre turns away from the ranger and looks down at the caravan leader. With a grunt he slams his club into the Varisian man once again, breaking him. Sandru's flies backwards from the force of the blow and smacks a nearby tree, his body limp and motionless. Damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (6, 1) + 7 = 14

Bevelek screams when Sandru looks to be killed by the large ogre. He fires two arrows off at the beast, only one of them hitting their mark.

Ahreni and Olaff both rip into the northern ogre, nearly tearing it down with three quick strikes between them. It remains on its feet, for now. Turning towards Olaff, the large creature slams its greatclub into his body with tremendous force. Even though he's weakened, the massive blow slams into Olaff with great force. Damage: 2d8 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (5, 6) + 7 - 5 = 13

Thanara tries to contribute to the battle, but her attack misses.

Savah emerges from the rear of the wagons, charging ahead towards an ogre wielding a longsword.

R3: Thanara R4: Ahreni, Shalelu, Olaff, Relisha, Ogres

GM:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 5 = 22 2d8 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (1, 7) + 7 - 5 = 10
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 1d8 ⇒ 7
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 17| F +3 R +3 W +4| Init +1| Percep +3

Gritting her teeth, Thanara tries to finish off the heavily wounded ogre with another blast of dark lightning.

Ray Touch Attack, PBS: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19
Damage, PBS: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 3 | HP 10/33 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +4 | Initiative +1 | Perc +6, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 1/6 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 0/4 | Wand CLW: 34

Relisha grunts in pain as she feels one of her ribs break. It's almost enough to cause her to ignore the pain in her leg.

5 HP healing to Shalelu. 5 HP healing to Ameiko. 10 HP damage to Relisha.

She repeats her prayer of healing.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Female Elf Ranger 2 / Fighter 2 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 38/38 | F +8 R +7 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +11 (Low-Light)

Shalelu is hurting pretty bad and she doesn't have a lot of options. She knows she can't take down both ogres before they would have a chance to smash her so she does her best to defend herself from any further attacks as she calls out to the others "Guys, we could use some help over here!"

Full Defense.

Status:

HP: 18/30
AC: 21 (17 Base, +4 TD)


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 31/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: Shaken.

As the ogre slams his club against him, Olaff protects himself with his shield, but the strength is so tremendous that its edge hits his head, causing blood to rush from his forehead and partially blinding him. Half expecting another blow to end his life, he gladly sees Thanara's bolt of energy finishing the ogre.

With no time to thank her, he then moves towards the other ogre still standing, this time focusing only in his defense, at least until he was able to focus his eyes... "Ahrreni, go help Sandrru!"

When he comes closer to the ogre, he yells. "Herre! Fight me, ye frreak!"
________________________________________
Move Action: Move
Swift Action: Challenge
Standard Action: Full Defense

AC 26 (17 Tch, 19 Fl) until next round.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ahreni dashes south towards Sandru, moving wide around the ogre so that she doesn't move within his range. Savah doesn't heed that warning however and closes the distance on the ogre with her blade just as the large creature swing at her. She deftly ducks underneath the blow and comes up beside him swinging. Her momentum carries her too far however and she misses.

The large ogre to the north takes Olaff's challenge, grunting loudly. He swings his greatclub overhead down on Olaff who blocks it with his shield, the force of the blow nearly splintering his his protective armor.

Ameiko stirs on the ground, groaning loudly. She tries to get up but screams when she realizes her leg does work right.

Sandru's body still lays motionless, crumbled in a ball at awkward angles.

Bevelek fires off two arrows, missing with both.

R4: Thanara R5: Ahreni, Shalelu, Olaff, Relisha, Ogres

GM:

Attack Savah: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Attack Olaff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Savah: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 17| F +3 R +3 W +4| Init +1| Percep +3

Thanara sends another bolt of electricity at the one near Olaff, but it strikes a tree instead and sends bark flying! She then moves south to try to help finish that one off as Olaff deals with the one near him.

Ranged Touch Attack, PBS: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
Damage, PBS: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 3 | HP 10/33 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +4 | Initiative +1 | Perc +6, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 1/6 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 0/4 | Wand CLW: 34

Relisha coughs up some blood as the internal damage takes hold.

5 HP healing to Shalelu. 5 HP healing to Ameiko. 10 HP damage to Relisha.

Ameiko's scream tears right through her soul, but Relisha knows she's alive - which is something she can't say for Sandru. With tears in her eyes, she shifts her link from the woman she'd give everything for to the still body of the caravan captain.

life link with Shalelu and Sandru.

Another prayer of healing follows, but she's not sure how much longer she can keep this up.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


HP 19/27 | AC16, T13, FF12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +3 | CMB 4, CMD 16 | Perc +10, Stl +9, SM +9, Surv +10, HA +7, Knw N +5 Init +4 | Bite/Claw +5, d4+3+d6 | Aspect 3/5 (mins) | Active: Scent 30ft (1 min)

Ahreni steps across Sandru's prone body and unleashes a storm of angry, angry blows at the ogre.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 8 Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + (3) + 3 = 9
Claw: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 27 Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + (5) + 3 = 12
Crit?: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 15 Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + (3) + 3 = 10


Female Elf Ranger 2 / Fighter 2 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 38/38 | F +8 R +7 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +11 (Low-Light)

As some of Shalelu's wounds heal from Rel's link to her and others arrive to assist she takes aim at the one she had been already been hitting.

Attack, PBS, Sick, RS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 8
Damage, PBS, Sick: 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 2 = 4
Attack, PBS, Sick, RS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 19
Damage, PBS, Sick: 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 2 = 7


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 31/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: Shaken.

Olaff is about to charge the wounded Ogre when Shalelu finishes him with another of her arrows. Instead, Olaff moves around the wagon to fight the last ogre and to protect Savah. "I'm yerr opponent, ogrre... ye die this day!"
______________________________________
Full Round Action: Double move


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The ogre swings its greatclub down towards Ahreni in a wide arm that sweep right over her head when she ducks. It growls and groans loudly, seemingly unmoved by the fact that its three companions have all been taken out.

Ameiko calls out for help, Sandru is unconscious, Savah misses her swing with the longsword and Bevelek's arrow flies short and nearly hits Olaff in his foot.

R5: Thanara R6: Ahreni, Shalelu, Olaff, Relisha, Ogres

GM:

Attack Ahreni: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Attack Savahy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Attack Savahy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 17| F +3 R +3 W +4| Init +1| Percep +3

Another bolt of black/blue lightning arcs directly between Olaff and Savah, striking the ogre in the midsection!

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 3 | HP 10/33 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +4 | Initiative +1 | Perc +6, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 1/6 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 0/4 | Wand CLW: 34

5 HP healing to Shalelu. 5 HP healing to Sandru. 10 HP damage to Rel.

life link with Shalelu and Sandru

Hearing Ameiko's cry, Relisha ignores the new pains that course through her body as she darts out from under the wagon moving in the direction of the fallen woman. She pauses just long enough to cast another spell of healing upon herself.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Female Elf Ranger 2 / Fighter 2 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 38/38 | F +8 R +7 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +11 (Low-Light)

With only the one ogre remaining Shalelu unleashes two arrows at it It helps that her wounds are almost completely healed thanks to Rel.

Attack, PBS, Sick, RS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 14
Damage, PBS, Sick: 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 2 = 2
Attack, PBS, Sick, RS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 19
Damage, PBS, Sick: 1d8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 2 = 2

28/30 HP


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ahreni Bite : 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + (5) + 3 = 9
Ahreni Claw: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 12 Damage: 1d4 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + (1) + 3 = 8

Ahreni slides into flanking position with Olaff, biting the left thigh of the large ugly.


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 31/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: Shaken.

As Bevelek's arrow almost hits him, Olaff yels as he attacks the Ogre. "Bevelek, ye son o' a goat... help less! Go get that horrse!"

With the Ogre deeply wounded, Olaff tries to finish him.
____________________________________
Attack (longsword), flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Olaff strikes the large ogre, but it's not enough to bring the meaty sucker down to the ground. In retaliation it swings at the one who engaged it first, Savah. It brings it's large greatclub down to bear on her, crushing her into the ground. Damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 = 11

R6: Thanara R7: Ahreni, Shalelu, Olaff, Relisha, Ogres

Attack Savah: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 31/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: Shaken.

Since his last attack had not ended it, Olaff strikes again, eager to kill the last enemy. "Savah... Thanara!"
____________________________________
Attack (longsword), flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The ogre collapses, falling backwards in Ahreni's direction due to the force of the strike from Olaff. She leaps out of the way, but Sandru doesn't and it's huge arm comes crashing down on the poor, broken man.


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 17| F +3 R +3 W +4| Init +1| Percep +3

”Savah!” Thanara cries out as she darts over and slides to the ground beside her. She gingerly lifts her head onto her lap and screams ”Rel! Rel!!!”


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Sandru doesn't cry out, but groans softly, barely able to speak with his crushed ribs and lungs "Help. Trapped." Seeing Olaff he says [b]"Get. Tree. out. Need. Keep. Moving." he grimaces in pain, groaning again.

Ameiko whimpers in pain, not moving from her spot with her injured leg.

Savah's face is broken and bloody, her nose twisted at a strange angle, and the left side of her face crushed in abnormally. She's missing a few teeth as well, though it's difficult to tell with how badly he upper body is.

Bevelek runs up to scout the perimeter to make sure it's clear.


Female Elf Ranger 2 / Fighter 2 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 38/38 | F +8 R +7 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +11 (Low-Light)

With the threat over Shalelu hops off the cart and moves to help Ameiko up she calls out "Rel! Get over here Ameiko is hurt."


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 3 | HP 10/33 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +4 | Initiative +1 | Perc +6, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 1/6 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 0/4 | Wand CLW: 34

Relisha releases her link with Shalelu and, ignoring the anger she feels for the woman, reaches out and touches Savah's soul. Knowing she can only take so much trauma, she severs her link with Sandru.

Reaching Ameiko's side, she places her hands on the woman's leg. "I'm sorry. This is going to hurt," she says as she moves it into a more normal position without giving her a chance to react. She invokes a spell of healing on her before leaning down to place a kiss on her forehead. "I would stay with you, but there are others hurt and I need to see how bad. I'll be back."

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

She feels the blood in her mouth now and spits. Sandru is the next one she visits.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Finally she approaches Thanara and Savah.

If the woman's conscious with 5 HP of healing from life link, then she won't expend any more divine healing on her today. Otherwise, she use a charge from her wand.


Female Human

Ameiko's body goes rigid and her head flies backwards as Relisha sets her leg. She screams out in pain, tears blidning her. She tries to respond to Relisha, but she gets all choked up in emotion and doesn't get a chance to say anything before Relisha runs off out of sight. She looks at Shalelu, reaching out to take her hand and gasping "I don't feel so good.".


Male CN human (Ulfen) fighter (viking) 3 | HP: 31/31 | AC: 22 (12 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +5* | Init: +6 | Perc: +8, SM +2 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Active conditions: Shaken.

With the last ogre down, Olaff sheathes his sword and rests his shield by the wagon before moving to free Sandru as Thanara was already trying to help Savah. "Ya, Sandrru, but firrst I'll get ye frree..." The ogre's arm his heavy, but with Ahreni's help he manages to free Sandru.

As Olaff moves towards the fallen tree, he notices how badly Savah is hurt but since Relisha joins Thanara, he thinks there is no need for yet another person hovering around them.

He then tries to move the heavy tree out of the way.


Even after Rel's healing Sandru is still worse for wear, but he doesn't complain nor ask for any additional healing. He reaches up to Ahreni and Olaff who help him up. Holding his abdomen, he painfully makes his feet. He announces hoarsely "Ahreni, go find the horse that got away. Hopefully he's still nearby."

"Savah, are you conscious? Good. Get on the hitch, we need it fixed."

"Bevelek. Get your brother and start working on the tree in front us with Olaff. We need to get out of here quickly. I don't trust more won't come and we won't survive another ambush like that."

Wiping blood from his mouth he moves to check on Ameiko. As he gets close he sees her resting on Shalelu's lap on the ground. He asks "Can you get up? We need to get you into the wagon. Shey can you manage that? I'm going to check on mother."

He walks off towards the rear of the carvan, limping.


Savah is conscious but looks the worst of all of the injured parties. She tries to talk, but blood just coughs out of her mouth. After two more tries she says "I'm. Fine. Get us. Out. Of here."

She reaches out for Thanara's hand, coughing out more blood.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 3 | HP 10/33 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +4 | Initiative +1 | Perc +6, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 1/6 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 0/4 | Wand CLW: 34

Relisha frowns at the man when he refuses any more aid, but bites her tongue. She returns to help Ameiko into her wagon and stays with her until they make camp.


AC 11(15) FF 11 T 10| HP 17| F +3 R +3 W +4| Init +1| Percep +3

”Savah! You’re too hurt! Relisha! Can you help her more!?!?” Thanara pleads as she gently takes Savah’s hand in her own.


Savah coughs and says weakly "I'm." she coughs blood, spitting some on Thanara's face by accident. "Fine. Just get me to the wagon."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Olaff struggles with the tree, it's clear it won't be moved without being cut. Bevelek dashes off to the wagon and returns with two axes, handing one to Olaff. "Make haste, brother." he says before digging into the large six foot wide tree that blocks their path.

As the men chop, the light begins to fade from the sky as the sun disappears behind the horizon. The temperatures grow increasing chilly as the light disappears, the cool of north accompanied by a biting breeze from the north.


Female Human

Ameiko curls up into a ball in Relisha's lap and tries to sing songs to pass the time, but mostly she just rests. Numerous people pop their head into the tent to ask Relisha her opinion on two injured horses, Sandru's body, Savah's face or the wounds that Olaff, Ahreni and Shalelu have suffered. Ameiko finally says "Go. It's okay, I'm fine now. Thank you for saving me. Again."

With a weak smile and squeeze of her hand she adds, "My hero."


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 3 | HP 10/33 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +4 | Initiative +1 | Perc +6, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 1/6 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 0/4 | Wand CLW: 34
Thanara Stormborn wrote:
”Savah! You’re too hurt! Relisha! Can you help her more!?!?” Thanara pleads as she gently takes Savah’s hand in her own.

Relisha frowns, but then pulls her wand from a pocket in her skirt.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"I'll be able to do more for her tomorrow morning," she says. "I'd rather not use this up now. We may need it to save a life later." She reaches up to wipe blood from her own mouth.

~~~~

Ameíko Ƙajitsu wrote:

Ameiko curls up into a ball in Relisha's lap and tries to sing songs to pass the time, but mostly she just rests. Numerous people pop their head into the tent to ask Relisha her opinion on two injured horses, Sandru's body, Savah's face or the wounds that Olaff, Ahreni and Shalelu have suffered. Ameiko finally says "Go. It's okay, I'm fine now. Thank you for saving me. Again."

With a weak smile and squeeze of her hand she adds, "My hero."

Rel brushes a hand through the woman's hair and leans in to give a quick kiss. "I'll be back," she says.

Ensuring that the horses are fully healed, she examines the other injuries and applies healing where it seems the most needed.

Attempting to conserve her wand. Rel will heal the horses to full, but will only use the wand once on each of the injured caravan members. Not sure how many charges that will take, but given one charge per horse and one per person, that'll be seven plus one earlier on Savah. If it takes more per horse, let me know.


Female Elf Ranger 2 / Fighter 2 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 38/38 | F +8 R +7 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +11 (Low-Light)

After Shalelu helps Ameiko into one of the wagons, she will go check the dead ogres for any clue as to where they came from or why they attacked and take anything that could be of use to the caravan.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 To try and figure out where they came from

Shalelu doesn't need a tap from the wand at only -2 HP.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 3 | HP 10/33 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +4 | Initiative +1 | Perc +6, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 1/6 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 0/4 | Wand CLW: 34

Consider her untapped. :)


HP 19/27 | AC16, T13, FF12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +3 | CMB 4, CMD 16 | Perc +10, Stl +9, SM +9, Surv +10, HA +7, Knw N +5 Init +4 | Bite/Claw +5, d4+3+d6 | Aspect 3/5 (mins) | Active: Scent 30ft (1 min)

Ahreni can do without a hit too.

Ahreni sprints into the gathering gloom, following her nose rather than her eyes to track down Lady, who had bolted. She always was the smartest of the horses, if somewhat nervous.

HA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

It takes a long time to calm the thoroughly spooked animal but eventually, by the simple expedient of sacrificing her shirt to blindfold it Ahreni coaxes Lady back to the caravan. Once she's hitched up again, the familiar weight of the traces seems to relax the horse and, with the ogre bodies out of sight she waits patiently for the tree to be moved.

Ahreni meanwhile lends her strength to moving the tree, her pale flesh forming goosebumps as the temperature drops and her leather jerkin provides insufficient protection.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Sandru pops his head in to check on Savah. As soon as he sees she is able to function after Relisha's healing, he prods her to get on the fixing the hitch up front. After he ducks away, Savah groans but climbs to her feet and makes her way out to the wagon to start working.

During that time Shalelu has scouted the surrounding area and found that about two hundred yards to the north in the woods there are another three ogres that are lounging about, apparently not actively aware of the battle that has taken place a short distance from them. Between the four dead ogres and the three living ones, Shalelu finds a cache of gems and coins worth 400gp stashed inside a large tree that's been hollowed out.

Most of everyone who isn't still injured goes to help with the tree removal, Sandru having deemed this the number one priority. Chopping, pushing and clearing the path takes the better part of thirty minutes. Once the path is clear and Shalelu returns from her scouting trip, he urges everyone into their wagons so they can clear the forest and get out of here so that they can make camp for the night somewhere far from this point.


Female Elf Ranger 2 / Fighter 2 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 38/38 | F +8 R +7 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +11 (Low-Light)

Before the caravan departs Shalelu reports what she has found "There are more ogres. I agree we need to leave, but if we can't obscure our direction somehow then they might come looking for us. Any plans on keeping them from following our trail straight to our camp Sandru...?" she draws out the mans name with a scowl on her face.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

RE: Charges on wand, only two horses were injured.

Sandru glares at Shalelu with a Now is not the time look before shaking his head. "Does anyone have anything magical to keep them off our trail? Worst case we just keep pushing until we pass out, putting enough distance between us and them that they won't be able to follow us before we depart. Does anyone have any other suggestions?"


Female Elf Ranger 2 / Fighter 2 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 38/38 | F +8 R +7 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +11 (Low-Light)

Shalelu continues to scowl at the man and mumbles under her breath "Yeah, not to have come down this stupid route to begin with..."

If no one else has a suggestion she will finally speak up "If we can't obscure our tracks then I suggest we move on but when we are getting close to stopping we leave one wagon back from the others. This would be our watch post. Have two people here on mounts keeping an eye out for the ogres if they come, that way we can warn the group before they are on us."

She adds a jab at Sandru at the end with obvious disdain in her tone "I mean, of course only if you think that is best..."

Essentially thinking leave a wagon out as bait, have the watch a little ways off keeping an eye on the wagon, to see if the ogres track them down and attack the wagon.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 3 | HP 10/33 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +4 | Initiative +1 | Perc +6, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 1/6 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 0/4 | Wand CLW: 34

Not a tactician by any means, Relisha remains out of the discussion of the best way to handle potential ogre followers. She spends her time verifying that there are no major injuries left and tending to the minor ones as she can.

She seems slightly preoccupied. Her thoughts travelling back to the battle trying to recall if she saw Holy Vindicator Helvinius do anything.

Once she's sure that she'd done all she can this evening, she returns to Ameiko's wagon (where her gear is now stored) and contents herself with making the woman comfortable. And a kiss can certainly make someone more comfortable.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

To the best of her ability, Relisha can't recall even seeing the Holy Vindicator outside of a wagon during the battle. Nor afterwards during the recovery in fact.

Sandru agrees with Shalelu's plan of leaving one wagon staggered and behind the others with someone mounted on watch.

Sandru presses the caravan hard, moving as fast as they can to the west and an hour later you are well clear of the forest in a wide open field when he calls a stop "This will work, let's bed down and make it a brief stop. I want to on the road at first light." Helvinius insists the party will wait for morning prayers to conclude before any travel takes place. One simply does not depart without Sarenrae's blessing. Flustered, Sandru doesn't respond and prepares to get some sleep.

Watch orders are established and food is taken from supply rather than hunted, an order from Sandru that there would be no fire this evening. "Bundle up and stay under the blankets folks. If that doesn't work, half of you are sleeping together anyway so just scoot closer."

Ameiko snuggles tightly together with Relisha, softly singing songs to her until she falls asleep in her arms. She asks that Relisha trace her fingers up and down her face while she tries to sleep, commenting "I love your soft hands." more than once.

Savah is not her usual brazen self, the injuries severely affecting her strong personality and brashness. She is quiet and reserved, keeping away from most everyone and pulls a blanket over her face claiming she is tired and just needs to sleep.

1d100 ⇒ 84 The odds are ever in your favor it would appear!

Morning arrives without any attack. Either the party put enough distance between them and the ogres or they simply weren't able to follow you. Either way the night passes peacefully. After Ahreni has serviced and fed all of the animals, Sandru patiently waits for Relisha and Helvinius to complete their morning routine before shoving the caravan off once more.

While riding he comments to Shalelu "Look. I know you're upset. You were probably right, this may not have been the safest route. But it needed to be done. I appreciate you backing my play."

On the road Helvinius remarks to Relisha the closest thing she's ever gotten to a compliment from him. "I heard from everyone what an amazing service you provided yesterday. Let me tell you that your actions do not go unnoticed and that the Dawnflowers shines favorably upon your deeds. Your commitment to delivering her gift continue to impress her. Well done."

Savah remains particularly closed, burying her face in a book and spending most of the time reading.

Koya inssists that Olaff ride with her today and tell her stories of his travels from the north to Sandpoint. Bevelek insists the only stories has to tell involve sticking his cock in women he won't share. Brotherly fighting ensues immediately afterwards followed by sharp reprimands by Koya.


Female Elf Ranger 2 / Fighter 2 | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | HP 38/38 | F +8 R +7 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +11 (Low-Light)

Before the group departs for the morning Shalelu makes sure to get Sandru to have one wagon with either Olaff or Ahreni toward the front, while a separate wagon with the other stays toward the back so they are in a better position to respond to an attack if one occurs again.

Shalelu decides she is done travelling in the wagons after the horrible position she found herself in last time they were attacked and opts to ride her horse, Moonlight, instead. She will ride ahead of the caravan from now on at least a good 50-150 feet ahead to scout out their path.


Female Tiefling Oracle (life) 3 | HP 10/33 | AC 15 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +4 | Initiative +1 | Perc +6, darkvision 60' |Resist cold 5, elec 5, fire 5 | Spells 1st: 1/6 | Shatter 1/1 | Inspired 1/1 | Channel 0/4 | Wand CLW: 34

Ok. Posted this before, but pulled it as we were disturbed by a bunch of ogres. We'll try this again.

Once the morning prayers are done, she returns to Ameiko's wagon to spend the travel time in her copy of The Birth of Light and Truth. She's determined now to find one of the passages that she knows well.

Where previously on the trip, she'd been happy to read the book a little at a time and meditate on the wisdom it reveals to her. Now, she's actively searching, flipping through the pages and scanning the text looking for the words that have bound her life up to this point. Halfway through the book, she stops, and her finger reaches out to trace the passage.

'And the blood of the tainted shall be the only coin worthy of covering their sins.'

Seeing it there, the ink on the page, is reassuring in some ways, but a death knell in others. The passage that has governed a good portion of her life. She places a bookmark at the location and closes the book. Sitting back, she tries to clear her mind. After reading a passage, she would normally spend time considering it in all of its meanings. This passage she knew well, however. Perhaps she just needed of moment of silence.

The wagon creaks and groans along as she attempts to still her mind for the hoped-for silence.

Silence would not be what she gets, though, as the voice slowly made its presence known again. What it asked for this time was odd but clear. She had never submitted to the voice's requests in the past, feeling that taking a single step down that road would the first step to her damnation. Confusion reigned in her thoughts this morning, however. And it wasn't asking for anything she wouldn't do anyway.

With a shaking hand, she reaches out and picks up the book again. Opening it back up to the marked page, she looks farther up the page until she finds the beginning of the passage and begins reading.

Her expression of nervousness shifts first to confusion, then anger, then confusion again. Something was wrong. Her hand begins flipping through pages again. Searching again for some other appearance of the passage she knows. Her parents wouldn't deliberately deceive her, would they? She reaches the end of the book without success. Her fingers fumbling, she turns back to her bookmark and re-reads the words on the page.

'Those that deny the possibility of redemption, they shall be tainted. Those that mock life, they shall be tainted. Those that defile the innocent shall be tainted. Those that revel in slaughter shall be tainted. And the blood of the tainted shall be the only coin worthy of covering their sins.'

"I don't understand," she speaks aloud, but the voice is strangely silent. She holds the book to her chest. Unsure as to how to alleviate her confusion, she sits quietly until the wagons stop for the evening. She immediately hops down from her seat still clutching the precious tome. She moves through the camp until she finds the one person that might be able to clarify things for her.

"Vindicator Helvinius," she says addressing the elf formally. "Would you explain a passage of scripture to me?"


Helvinius is just exiting the wagon when he is approached by Relisha. "Certainly Ms. Tamm, which passage seems to be troubling to you?"

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,764 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.