Secrets in the Sands: Mummy's Mask Book I by GM Apoc

Game Master Apoc Golem

Roll20


301 to 350 of 675 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Slayer (Grave Warden) 2 / Fighter 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 37/37] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per +7 | Init +2 | Spd 30/20] [F +8* | R +5* | W +3* | +2 vs neg levels]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Falchion +7 | 2d4+4 S] [Heavy Flail +6 | 1d10+4 B] [Ranged Mwk longbow +6 | 1d8 P] [Active Conditions: None]

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

The duo find no traps; however, the door is locked. Ulysses' first attempt does not open it.


Male Aasimar (Lawbringer) Cleric of Horus 3

Nevai steps into the corridor and peers around the door up ahead, looking for danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

"Looks clear up here," he calls.


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

DD: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
DD: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

Second try is a charm for Ulysses. The door slides open with an audible click. He does note, however, that the mechanism that holds this door locked will cause it to shut after them in a matter of moments and they will be locked out of the way they came. Ulysses could break the mechanism that auto-closes the door, but not in any way resembling stealth; it could be viewed as violation of the Second Rule.

Technically your second roll is high enough to jam the lock, so a fourth roll wouldn't be necessary. I'll leave the decision up to you.


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

Ulysses examines the door with a frustrated look on his face. "This door would close behind us, locking us in. I could disable the mechanism, but it would be permanent. The door will close slowly so someone could peek down the hallway and still get back in time."


Male Human Slayer (Grave Warden) 2 / Fighter 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 37/37] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per +7 | Init +2 | Spd 30/20] [F +8* | R +5* | W +3* | +2 vs neg levels]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Falchion +7 | 2d4+4 S] [Heavy Flail +6 | 1d10+4 B] [Ranged Mwk longbow +6 | 1d8 P] [Active Conditions: None]

Melech shakes his head. "No. We cannot destroy it and we cannot risk getting separated. Let's leave it for now and come back once we've explored the rest."


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

Ulysses nods, clearly disappointed to not immediately see what is behind this door. He allows the door to close, then checks out the stairs and door to the north.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Human Slayer (Grave Warden) 2 / Fighter 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 37/37] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per +7 | Init +2 | Spd 30/20] [F +8* | R +5* | W +3* | +2 vs neg levels]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Falchion +7 | 2d4+4 S] [Heavy Flail +6 | 1d10+4 B] [Ranged Mwk longbow +6 | 1d8 P] [Active Conditions: None]

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

There are no traps or locks on this door.

Pushing the heavy stone door open, you enter into a room holding several neatly arrayed chests, boxes, and urns. The dust of centuries covers every surface. The only exit is the door you came in from.


Male Aasimar (Lawbringer) Cleric of Horus 3

"Seems like an odd place for a dead end," Nevai mutters, stepping into the room. "There was a second secret door off the false burial chamber, yes? Maybe that is the right way? Or the door back the way we came that we never opened." He rubs his chin thoughtfully.


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

Ulysses looks bemusedly at Nevai. "Have you been paying attention? Nothing has been what it seems in this tomb. Let's be thorough in this room."

Ulysses taking 20 for a 25 and Melech for a 26. We will divide the squares but we'll do it from the southwest corner where the door is. Ulysses will head north and Melech will head east and then they'll just figure it out from there. Basically, I don't want to step in any squares I haven't already checked for traps.


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

The room takes a significant amount of time. Melech and Ulysses go inch by inch searching for more traps. A vast majority of the room ends up being a waste of time, but the duo hit paydirt on the eastern wall.

Melech spots the tell-tale outline of a secret door on the east wall. He points it out to Ulysses, who then notes the extremely faint tracery of runes marking a trap. This one is conjuration of some sort; it will summon something to attack anyone who touches the secret door.

Something about it clicks with Ulysses, and his years training with mechanical traps and basic arcane theory finally fall into place.

You leveled up just in time to use your brand new Trapfinding! It's a magic trap! Disable Device check please.


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

Ulysses winks at Nevai with a smile. "Good eye, Melech. Let me see if I can avoid killing us all." He pulls his mutagen vial out, takes a deep breath, and drinks it. His teeth clench, and Melech and the others can actually see the liquid go down his throat and contort his body. After a few moments, it is over, and Ulysses lets out a sigh. "I will never get used to that. Here we go. You all should stand back."

AC is only 19 now (not 21) because of the medium load. I took ant haul as my new extract so once we rest, that problem will be in the past.

DD: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

I'm so happy.


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

Ulysses moves his long, freakish, spidery fingers along the runes, touching pressure points in a specific order, setting pins in depressed buttons to keep them lodged in place, a myriad orchestra of moving digits as he forces the threads of arcane power down, grounding them out in a mark of negation hidden at the end of the great circle of runes disguised around the door. There is a sizzle and pop as the energy fizzles, and the door slides open without incident.

A long, narrow tunnel leads several feet down into what may be another room, but is hard to see from here. The sound of sloshing water can be heard from somewhere ahead.


Male Human Slayer (Grave Warden) 2 / Fighter 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 37/37] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per +7 | Init +2 | Spd 30/20] [F +8* | R +5* | W +3* | +2 vs neg levels]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Falchion +7 | 2d4+4 S] [Heavy Flail +6 | 1d10+4 B] [Ranged Mwk longbow +6 | 1d8 P] [Active Conditions: None]

Melech slowly leads the way down the hallway.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

Almost for got teh l00tz!!1

In the grave goods, you mostly find the rotting remnants of fine cloths, empty urns that likely carried grain and barley, and other once-fine sundries now so much dust and rot. However, you find inside several chests items that have withstood the test of time.

- Two magic vials
- A masterwork longbow
- 10 cold iron arrows
- A gold scarab clasp
- An onyx and silver holy symbol of Pharasma
- A silver hand mirror
- A wax-sealed clay urn of nard (it looks to be the same volume and condition as the previous urns, so another 75gp

Appraise DC 15:

The gold scarab clasp is worth 50gp. The onyx-silver holy symbol is worth 100gp. The hand mirror is worth 35gp.

Spellcraft DC 20:

The vials each contain silversheen.


Male Aasimar (Lawbringer) Cleric of Horus 3

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Silversheen. Very handy. Pour it on your blade or a handful of arrows and they will bypass the resistances of some creatures, most notably devils."

He hands one of the vials to Melech. "Does anyone object to me taking the other?"


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

A quick retcon. You actually went down the stairs to get into the grave goods chamber, not up. That's my bad.

After distributing the items, the party ventures forth down the narrow tunnel. About halfway through, the tunnel becomes slippery from mildew. The ceiling is heavily damp, and drips water. The light sloshing of water can be heard through the sandstone; it's likely the water source for the deathtrap in the false burial chamber.

You pass into the next room. A sarcophagus covered in gold leaf rests on a raised stone platform in the center of the chamber. The casket's cover is carved in the likeness of an adult man with his arms crossed over his chest, and covered in a thick coat of dust. Two ornate chests sit beyond the dais in the northeast and southeast corners, and between them stand two large funerary urns. The sole exit is the door from which you came.

As you eye the room, a long, sinuous form writhes up from the floor and onto the lid of the sarcophagus. It is clearly a cobra, but its body is comprised of smooth, segmented plates of polished iron or steel. Its ruby eyes glint dangerously as it hisses menacingly at the party.

Initiative:

Filibus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Melech: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Nevai: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Ulysses: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
IC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

ROUND 1
BOLD may act.
[color=green]
Ulysses (17/17 hp)
Nevai (17/17 hp)
Melech (25/25 hp)
Filibus (0 dmg)
Cobra (0 dmg)
[/color]

Knowledge (arcana) DC 12:
This is a construct known as an iron cobra. They are often created as assassins thanks to the special poison reservoir built into their fangs. Though it's unusual for one to be guarding a tomb, it's relatively sensible as well. As magical constructs, they easily withstand the tests of time, and iron cobras are notoriously difficult to destroy. They have DR 5/- and their reservoirs can hold enough venom for three injections; however, there's no saying how well any venom in this particular iron cobra has fared; there is no magical protection to the poison doses within, so far as you are aware. It could be a dud or full potency.

Regardless, if the venom has survived, it is likely black adder venom, as that's what is most commonly placed in iron cobras. The venom is a deadly neurotoxin that shuts down the central nervous system as it passes it in the bloodstream. Death for most is quick and agonizing. AKA Con damage.

Same Check, DC 17:
A second, less commonly-known reason iron cobras are notoriously hard to kill is that they are resistant to basic magics. Iron Cobras have SR 13 in addition to the standard construct immunities.


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

Appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"Iron cobra! Don't let it bite you!"

Ulysses quickly mixes a bomb. "Down, Melech!" He throws the bomb around the big man.

bomb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
fire damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 = 13

Ugh. Not sure if Melech provides cover, but it'll be 6 splash damage, DC14 reflex half.


Male Human Slayer (Grave Warden) 2 / Fighter 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 37/37] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per +7 | Init +2 | Spd 30/20] [F +8* | R +5* | W +3* | +2 vs neg levels]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Falchion +7 | 2d4+4 S] [Heavy Flail +6 | 1d10+4 B] [Ranged Mwk longbow +6 | 1d8 P] [Active Conditions: None]

Melech takes a moment to look for weak points, then steps forward and attacks.

Move action study target, 5' step, attack.

falchion (ST, PA): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 3) + 8 = 12


Male Human Slayer (Grave Warden) 2 / Fighter 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 37/37] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per +7 | Init +2 | Spd 30/20] [F +8* | R +5* | W +3* | +2 vs neg levels]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Falchion +7 | 2d4+4 S] [Heavy Flail +6 | 1d10+4 B] [Ranged Mwk longbow +6 | 1d8 P] [Active Conditions: None]

Oops, forgot to try this:

Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

Behind the Screen:

1d8 ⇒ 1
Ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Is there a reason Ulysses' bomb did an extra d6?

The bomb falls short, blasting both Melech and the iron cobra.

Melech Ref Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Melech manages to duck the worst of it, but the iron cobra takes the radius of the blast full in the face. It doesn't look happy about it. Then Melech steps in and while the snake is still getting its bearings, puts a deep rent along its side. It hisses, a strange, grating, metallic sound like steel scraping against steel.


Male Aasimar (Lawbringer) Cleric of Horus 3

Nevai steps into the room behind Melech and touches his shoulder. "May Horus protect you," he mutters, and covers the slayer in a rippling field of force energy.

Casting shield of faith on Melech!


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

Behind the Screen:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 1d8 ⇒ 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Filibus grumbles and tries to aim over the gnome's absurd hat but the bolt instead lodges into the wall behind and well above the iron cobra.

For its part, the automaton lashes out at Melech, who hurt it the most, but its fangs don't even come close to making contact.

ROUND 2
BOLD may act.
[color=green]
Ulysses (17/17 hp)
Nevai (17/17 hp)
Melech (22/25 hp)
Filibus (0 dmg)
Iron Cobra (13 dmg)
[/color]


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

Ulysses shakes his head in frustration and preps another bomb.

bomb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11

Excluding Melech from the splash.


Male Human Slayer (Grave Warden) 2 / Fighter 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 37/37] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per +7 | Init +2 | Spd 30/20] [F +8* | R +5* | W +3* | +2 vs neg levels]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Falchion +7 | 2d4+4 S] [Heavy Flail +6 | 1d10+4 B] [Ranged Mwk longbow +6 | 1d8 P] [Active Conditions: None]

Melech puts all of his weight behind another strike, attempting to cut through the cobra's defenses.

falchion (ST, PA): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2) + 8 = 14


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

Ulysses blasts the top half of the iron cobra off, causing Melech to swing through empty air as the ruined automaton slumps to the top of the scorched sarcophagus, headless.

COMBAT OVER!


Male Aasimar (Lawbringer) Cleric of Horus 3

Nevai grunts. "After nearly dying in a sarcophagus, that was... underwhelming."

He sighs at the scorch marks across the sarcophagus lid. "Was all that damage really necessary?"


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

Filibus pipes up. "To the sarcophagus? Let me see." He moves into the room past Nevai and inspects the lid. "No damage, just scuffs. I can fix that, I think."

He concentrates hard, his tongue sticking out the side of his mouth, and at the last moment he grunts something in the spidery language of magic and sweeps his hand slowly across the lid, the scorch marks vanishing as he does. "There!" he says, beaming. "Good as new!"

He pauses for a moment, then looks down in alarm at his hands. "How the hell did I do that??"


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Ulysses laughs and reaches up to clap Filibus on the back (he can't quite reach the man's shoulder). "Prestidigitation?! Good show, Filibus! Perhaps you were destined for this kind of work! Now let's see what this cobra was protecting!" He motions to Melech to help him check out the sarcophagus, chests, and urns.

Taking 20 again for 25 perception (26 Melech). Should take 12 minutes with them dividing the room, so he'll have a few minutes left on his mutagen to assist with any traps or locks.


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

The two search the room thoroughly and find many things of note.

The two chests are neither locked nor trapped. Magic radiates from both of them.

The sarcophagus is not trapped, either. The lid is heavy but could be moved aside with a modicum of effort from two people (no roll necessary). The sarcophagus is lined with several hieroglyphs in Ancient Osiriani, which Filibus says tells the tale of General Akhentepi, and also contains the usual warnings against tomb robbing and curses, et cetera.

Inside the chests:

- Magical padded armor
- A disintegrating sack cloth containing 500gp
- A well-preserved darkwood coffer

Inside the coffer:

- Two potions of differing colors and consistencies
- An ornate lapis and carnelian pendant
- An assortment of lapis lazuli, carnelian, and turquoise semiprecious stones

Appraise DC 15:

The filigree on the sarcophagus is worth 100gp. Taking it off would definitely be considered "damaging" to the sarcophagus, however.

The darkwood coffer is worth 50gp.

The pendant is worth 70 gp.

The semiprecious stones are worth 55gp.

After checking the potions, Ulysses discovers they are a potion of darkvision and a potion of lesser restoration.

Spellcraft DC 23:

Knowledge (history, local, or religion) DC 15:
The mummified body of General Akhentepi likely contains a funerary mask. Taking the mask would not violate the Three Rules, so long as the body isn't disturbed. Most funerary masks are works of art in their own right, particularly those of wealthy individuals like Akhentepi.


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Human Slayer (Grave Warden) 2 / Fighter 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 37/37] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per +7 | Init +2 | Spd 30/20] [F +8* | R +5* | W +3* | +2 vs neg levels]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Falchion +7 | 2d4+4 S] [Heavy Flail +6 | 1d10+4 B] [Ranged Mwk longbow +6 | 1d8 P] [Active Conditions: None]

appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 7
knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"He is probably wearing a funerary mask. Should we open it?"


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

Ulysses scoffs. "This is what we're here for!"


Male Human Slayer (Grave Warden) 2 / Fighter 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 37/37] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per +7 | Init +2 | Spd 30/20] [F +8* | R +5* | W +3* | +2 vs neg levels]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Falchion +7 | 2d4+4 S] [Heavy Flail +6 | 1d10+4 B] [Ranged Mwk longbow +6 | 1d8 P] [Active Conditions: None]

Melech nods. "All right. Just don't disturb the body." He sheathes his falchion and prepares to push aside the lid. "Nevai, can you help me?"


Male Aasimar (Lawbringer) Cleric of Horus 3

Once the others have opened the sarcophagus, Nevai motions them to step aside. "Let me, please."

He mutters prayers to Horus and Anubis under his breath as he gently takes the mask from the body's face. There is one single, awful moment where everyone holds their breath to see if the mummy gets up, but after a moment Nevai sighs and moves away, nodding for the others to slide the sarcophagus closed again.

He holds up the mask for everyone to see.


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

Behind the Screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

The quality and craftsmanship of the gold funerary mask is immediately obvious. It is traced with silver and copper filigrees and studded along the neck with various gems.

Filibus practically drools. "A genuine Osiriani funerary mask! I've... I've wanted to set eyes on one for years! This is amazing..." He immediately pulls out his journal and starts taking notes.

Appraise DC 20:
This thing is easily worth 500gp.


Male Aasimar (Lawbringer) Cleric of Horus 3

Nevai sucks at this, but it's worth a try.

DC 15 Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 5

DC 20 Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Hahahaha NOPE.


Male Human Slayer (Grave Warden) 2 / Fighter 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 37/37] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per +7 | Init +2 | Spd 30/20] [F +8* | R +5* | W +3* | +2 vs neg levels]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Falchion +7 | 2d4+4 S] [Heavy Flail +6 | 1d10+4 B] [Ranged Mwk longbow +6 | 1d8 P] [Active Conditions: None]

appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Finally.

Ulysses's eyes go wide. "This is worth at least 500 gold." He wraps it in a cloth and places it carefully in his pack. Then he pulls out some parchment and charcoal and makes a rubbing of the hieroglyphics on the sarcophagus.

"Nevai, can you determine what magical properties this armor has?"


Male Aasimar (Lawbringer) Cleric of Horus 3

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Nevai sighs in frustration. "I cannot. I may try again in the morning."


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

Behind the Screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Filibus stares blankly at the armor and shrugs. "Yep. No clue. Looks nice, though."


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

"Very well. Let's go check the other secret door in the trap room before we try to figure out what to do about that door that closes itself."


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

You return to the false burial chamber and the other hidden door. It is sealed like the western door was (requiring a DC 20 Disable Device).

Other than that, there is the auto-closing secret door to the west, and the door you did not check to the south on the western wall.


Male Gnome Alchemist (Trap Breaker) 3
Vital Statistics:
[HP 24/24] [AC 17 | T 14 | FF 14] [Per +8| Init +5 | Spd 20] [F +5* | R +6* | W +1* | -1 fire]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Fire Bomb +7 | 2d6+3 | DC14 | 5/7][Light Mace +3 | 1d4 S] [Light Crossbow +6 | 1d6] [Active Conditions: None]

DD: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25 (-2 if the mutagen ran out)


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

Ulysses opens the secret door with ease.

Inside, this small room is filled with human-shaped bundles wrapped in linen. Each wears a small medallion around its neck.

There appears to be nothing of value in here.

Knowledge (history or religion) DC 13:
These are likely the slaves who helped build this tomb, and were killed to keep its secrets, as well as serve the general in the Afterlife.

Knowledge (religion) DC 10:
The medallions all bear the spiral symbol of Pharasma.


Male Human Slayer (Grave Warden) 2 / Fighter 1
Vital Statistics:
[HP 37/37] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per +7 | Init +2 | Spd 30/20] [F +8* | R +5* | W +3* | +2 vs neg levels]
Weapons and Active Conditions:
[Falchion +7 | 2d4+4 S] [Heavy Flail +6 | 1d10+4 B] [Ranged Mwk longbow +6 | 1d8 P] [Active Conditions: None]

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"These medallions are of Pharasma, but I'm not sure who these people are. It doesn't seem like they were considered very important. Filibus, any ideas?"


Book I Choosing:
[Adrin: Peacock | Andakos: Rabbit Prince | Maelis: Demon's Lantern | Trell: Locksmith]
Bottlecap!:
[[Adrin: 0] | Andakos: 1 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 0]]
Harrow Points!:
[Adrin: 0 | Andakos: 0 | Maelis: 1 | Trell: 1]
Roll20

Behind the Scenes:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Filibus nods, taking out his journal and making extensive notes. "Slaves. They probably helped build this tomb and then were killed, both to keep its secrets and to serve the general in the Afterlife."

301 to 350 of 675 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.