Hungry are the Dead

Game Master Seldlon the Swift

Falcon's Hollow


501 to 550 of 689 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Female Human Paladin 6th HP:72 |AC:18[T:12,FF:16]|F:+10|R:+7|W:+11|CMB:+8|CMB:20|Init:+2|Perception:+7|Glaive+10/+5,Da gger+8/+3Cestus+8/+3Warhammer+8/+3,Longsword+9/+4[+10/+5].Comp.Longbow+8/+4 1-2/2-/3-/4-

"So those Kobolds we killed where once dwellers here" She says as she looks about cautiously her glaive out ready to strike.


Male half orc barbarian/2 Oracle(lunar)/4 HP 83/85 | AC 22 F 15 T 17 | F 8, R 5, W 5 | Init (-2) | Darkvision 60' | Percep +14 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Spells: 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Rage: 8/13

"And now something is bringing them back. Bringing humans back from the dead too. Who knows what else is down here. Rhen, Let's get to the bottom of this." Ranok says as he tests his grip on his greatsword.


HP 65 l AC 21 [+2 vs Traps] (T 15 FF 16) l F +6 R +12 W +5 (+2 vs Poison/Magic) l Ini +45 Perc +10 (+3 to unusal stone/Traps)

"More than likely ye, We crowned the new king, that one be be kill' back at the lumber camp, then we left ta bring them children home." Rhen replies before moving forward again. Up to 12

Sense ambush: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 = 26
Trap: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 3 = 14


Human Witch 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 13(17) T 13 FF 10(14) | F +2 R +5 W +7 | Conditions: Mage Armor | 0/1 Levitate 6/6 Fly 6/6 Hair| Init +11 Perc +8 |
Spells:
0 - Det. Mgc, Guid, Mend, Rd. Mgc.; 1 - BHx2, Chill T, Enl Per, Ray of Enf; 2 - Agg. Thx2, Flurry Snx2, Web; 3 - Lightningx2, Prayer

Niu keeps pace quietly, as his eyes look around in every direction with a sense of wonder.

I moved everyone's tokens to keep pace with Rhen


Female Human Paladin 6th HP:72 |AC:18[T:12,FF:16]|F:+10|R:+7|W:+11|CMB:+8|CMB:20|Init:+2|Perception:+7|Glaive+10/+5,Da gger+8/+3Cestus+8/+3Warhammer+8/+3,Longsword+9/+4[+10/+5].Comp.Longbow+8/+4 1-2/2-/3-/4-

Ziera Keeps back an ace or three as she is noisier than the rest. She looks at Niu and nods as she hopes she is staying somewhat quiet.


Human Witch 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 13(17) T 13 FF 10(14) | F +2 R +5 W +7 | Conditions: Mage Armor | 0/1 Levitate 6/6 Fly 6/6 Hair| Init +11 Perc +8 |
Spells:
0 - Det. Mgc, Guid, Mend, Rd. Mgc.; 1 - BHx2, Chill T, Enl Per, Ray of Enf; 2 - Agg. Thx2, Flurry Snx2, Web; 3 - Lightningx2, Prayer

I think we are basically keeping this formation with Rhen using his trapspotter and following the path through this level. It is probably ok to fast forward until something happens.


Current Map

You eventually follow the tracks through tunnels and an ancient forge. A fissure opens into a crevasse within the stalagmite cave. Navigating the crevasse requires a DC 15 Climb check for a Small or smaller creature. A Medium creature must squeeze to fit through the crevasse, increasing the Climb DC to 20.


Human Witch 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 13(17) T 13 FF 10(14) | F +2 R +5 W +7 | Conditions: Mage Armor | 0/1 Levitate 6/6 Fly 6/6 Hair| Init +11 Perc +8 |
Spells:
0 - Det. Mgc, Guid, Mend, Rd. Mgc.; 1 - BHx2, Chill T, Enl Per, Ray of Enf; 2 - Agg. Thx2, Flurry Snx2, Web; 3 - Lightningx2, Prayer

Can I fly through?


Current Map

No.


Male half orc barbarian/2 Oracle(lunar)/4 HP 83/85 | AC 22 F 15 T 17 | F 8, R 5, W 5 | Init (-2) | Darkvision 60' | Percep +14 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Spells: 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Rage: 8/13

Not liking the idea of climbing through a crevasse, Ranok looks for another way.perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

If this is something that Khonsu can not navigate, he will send him away. "Looks like I'm on my own from this point on Khonsu. Go hunt. Rest. Go."

If he doesn't see another way, he will attempt the climb.
climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


male Tiger animal companion/6 HP 54/54 | AC 24, T: 13, F: 21 | Init +7 | Perception +6 | F +6, R +8, W + 4 | Scent, Low-light

If this is something that Khonsu can climb, he may attempt it. If it seems that failing would cause him to fall a considerable distance, he will refuse, however.

climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Current Map

Ranok loses his grip on the slippery rocks. He falls through the crevice and takes 3d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) = 15 damage.


Human Witch 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 13(17) T 13 FF 10(14) | F +2 R +5 W +7 | Conditions: Mage Armor | 0/1 Levitate 6/6 Fly 6/6 Hair| Init +11 Perc +8 |
Spells:
0 - Det. Mgc, Guid, Mend, Rd. Mgc.; 1 - BHx2, Chill T, Enl Per, Ray of Enf; 2 - Agg. Thx2, Flurry Snx2, Web; 3 - Lightningx2, Prayer

"Oh! That looks like fun!"

Niu steps into the crevasse and feather falls, following Ranok. Fly Hex gives me Feather Fall at will

If that isn't enough to avoid the damage... Oh well, I couldn't pass the check with a natural 20...


Current Map

Niu slowly and gracefully lands beside Ranok. I will give you the new map and description when everyone "arrives".


Female Human Paladin 6th HP:72 |AC:18[T:12,FF:16]|F:+10|R:+7|W:+11|CMB:+8|CMB:20|Init:+2|Perception:+7|Glaive+10/+5,Da gger+8/+3Cestus+8/+3Warhammer+8/+3,Longsword+9/+4[+10/+5].Comp.Longbow+8/+4 1-2/2-/3-/4-

"Should I take off my armor and get ropes?" She says as she looks at the crevasse and wonders whether she can do it as she isn't a climber and with her armor.

She goes and uses rope to tie off on the anvil.
Slieght of Hand: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Tie to the anvil and then the loose loop around so I can control my descent

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male half orc barbarian/2 Oracle(lunar)/4 HP 83/85 | AC 22 F 15 T 17 | F 8, R 5, W 5 | Init (-2) | Darkvision 60' | Percep +14 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Spells: 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Rage: 8/13

While waiting on the rest to arrive, Ranok will get out his wand.

wand clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
wand clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
wand clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Don't like being without Khonsu. I wonder if I should have taken his armor off, just in case I don't make it back out?


Current Map

Ziera's use of the rope allows her to descend without harm (DC 5).

Ranok is 85/85 on hp.


Female Human Paladin 6th HP:72 |AC:18[T:12,FF:16]|F:+10|R:+7|W:+11|CMB:+8|CMB:20|Init:+2|Perception:+7|Glaive+10/+5,Da gger+8/+3Cestus+8/+3Warhammer+8/+3,Longsword+9/+4[+10/+5].Comp.Longbow+8/+4 1-2/2-/3-/4-

"I'm gonna leave that there. Was a lot easier to climb down"she says looking at the others with a smile.


HP 65 l AC 21 [+2 vs Traps] (T 15 FF 16) l F +6 R +12 W +5 (+2 vs Poison/Magic) l Ini +45 Perc +10 (+3 to unusal stone/Traps)

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Rhen falls as well


Current Map

Ignoring the rope that Ziera left tied to the anvil, Rhen joins you in a most spectacular way. HP damage is 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) = 7

MAP

The floor of this yawning cavern is filled with gigantic stalagmites, some standing six feet in height. Rhen does not recognize this place as the party took a different route previously.

GM:

Ranok: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Ziera: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Niu: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Rhen: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 (+3 for stone)

initiative:

Ranok: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9
Ziera: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Niu: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Rhen: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
bat: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
gargoyle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Current Map

Rhen spots a huge bat the size of an ox. Ranok sees a gargoyle that appears to be a rock formation.

Surprise Round
Current Effects
none
Rhen 55/65, Ziera 70/72, Ranok 85/85, Niu 42/42

Rhen ✔
Bat, Gargoyle,
Ranok

For ease of play, ignore the stalagmites.


Human Witch 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 13(17) T 13 FF 10(14) | F +2 R +5 W +7 | Conditions: Mage Armor | 0/1 Levitate 6/6 Fly 6/6 Hair| Init +11 Perc +8 |
Spells:
0 - Det. Mgc, Guid, Mend, Rd. Mgc.; 1 - BHx2, Chill T, Enl Per, Ray of Enf; 2 - Agg. Thx2, Flurry Snx2, Web; 3 - Lightningx2, Prayer

"If the zombies fell down the crevice the same way we did, shouldn't there be a bunch of zombies littering the floor."


Current Map

A detail we must overlook. The pdf does not address it. It does address another fall and they state "...immune to nonlethal damage and simply drop..." And then there are the rules for falling. So, it is what it is.


HP 65 l AC 21 [+2 vs Traps] (T 15 FF 16) l F +6 R +12 W +5 (+2 vs Poison/Magic) l Ini +45 Perc +10 (+3 to unusal stone/Traps)

Like in video games how they fall and get back up

Stealth: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21

Rhen tries to hide in the shadows.


Human Witch 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 13(17) T 13 FF 10(14) | F +2 R +5 W +7 | Conditions: Mage Armor | 0/1 Levitate 6/6 Fly 6/6 Hair| Init +11 Perc +8 |
Spells:
0 - Det. Mgc, Guid, Mend, Rd. Mgc.; 1 - BHx2, Chill T, Enl Per, Ray of Enf; 2 - Agg. Thx2, Flurry Snx2, Web; 3 - Lightningx2, Prayer

Yeah, it's cool, Niu is simply ignoring the fact they are under attack. Speaking of which... do gargoyles sleep?

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38


Human Witch 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 13(17) T 13 FF 10(14) | F +2 R +5 W +7 | Conditions: Mage Armor | 0/1 Levitate 6/6 Fly 6/6 Hair| Init +11 Perc +8 |
Spells:
0 - Det. Mgc, Guid, Mend, Rd. Mgc.; 1 - BHx2, Chill T, Enl Per, Ray of Enf; 2 - Agg. Thx2, Flurry Snx2, Web; 3 - Lightningx2, Prayer

Other knowledge skills are a couple of points lower. No idea what gargoyles are classified as...


Current Map

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Unable to locate Rhen, the gargoyle moves to Ranok

The bat moves to Ziera

Monstrous Humanoid Knowledge Nature - they do sleep.

Ranok ✔ take a standard or move action in surprise round


Male half orc barbarian/2 Oracle(lunar)/4 HP 83/85 | AC 22 F 15 T 17 | F 8, R 5, W 5 | Init (-2) | Darkvision 60' | Percep +14 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Spells: 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Rage: 8/13

Ranok will swing at the gargoyle.

+1 great sword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 272d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 5) + 5 = 16

"What is this thing?" Ranok asks, looking over guys shoulder.

"Starry night! Is that a bat?


Current Map

Ranok connects with the beast. It feels like he should have done more damage with that strike.

Round 1
Current Effects
none
Rhen 55/65, Ziera 70/72, Ranok 85/85, Niu 42/42

Niu, Rhen ✔
bat, gargoyle
Ziera, Ranok


Female Human Paladin 6th HP:72 |AC:18[T:12,FF:16]|F:+10|R:+7|W:+11|CMB:+8|CMB:20|Init:+2|Perception:+7|Glaive+10/+5,Da gger+8/+3Cestus+8/+3Warhammer+8/+3,Longsword+9/+4[+10/+5].Comp.Longbow+8/+4 1-2/2-/3-/4-

"I believe so" She says as she slices at the Bat

Glaive 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Glaive 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Current Map

Good. Keeps the ball rolling. Will apply when her turn is up.


Human Witch 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 13(17) T 13 FF 10(14) | F +2 R +5 W +7 | Conditions: Mage Armor | 0/1 Levitate 6/6 Fly 6/6 Hair| Init +11 Perc +8 |
Spells:
0 - Det. Mgc, Guid, Mend, Rd. Mgc.; 1 - BHx2, Chill T, Enl Per, Ray of Enf; 2 - Agg. Thx2, Flurry Snx2, Web; 3 - Lightningx2, Prayer

"Bat? What?" Niu looks around from his contemplation on the fate of the missing zombies.

"Ahh! Ranok, what are you doing with that Gargoyle?"

Grabbing a handful of sleeping sand, he blows it at the gargoyle.

Slumber Hex, Will DC 19


Human Witch 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 13(17) T 13 FF 10(14) | F +2 R +5 W +7 | Conditions: Mage Armor | 0/1 Levitate 6/6 Fly 6/6 Hair| Init +11 Perc +8 |
Spells:
0 - Det. Mgc, Guid, Mend, Rd. Mgc.; 1 - BHx2, Chill T, Enl Per, Ray of Enf; 2 - Agg. Thx2, Flurry Snx2, Web; 3 - Lightningx2, Prayer

I should look at the map first... I'd like to take a 5-foot step before the hex :)


Current Map

will v dc 19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
The gargoyle slumps to the ground in slumber.


Current Map

Rhen tactically moves into a flanking position with Ziera. He strikes at the bat.
+1 undead-bane cold iron short sword v ac 14 : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (4, 2, 6) = 19 (+Debilitating Injury Disoriented -2/-4 (Ex) Foe who takes sneak attack damage takes attack pen (more vs. striker) for 1 rd

The bat attacks Ziera.
bite v AC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Ziera finishes off the bat.

Ranok is up ✔


Male half orc barbarian/2 Oracle(lunar)/4 HP 83/85 | AC 22 F 15 T 17 | F 8, R 5, W 5 | Init (-2) | Darkvision 60' | Percep +14 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Spells: 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Rage: 8/13

Are all gargoyles evil?
"This one attacked me first."
Ranok puts the tip of his great sword in the breast if the gargoyle and thrusts downward.
+1 undead bane great sword: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 = 17
+1 undead bane great sword: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 1) + 5 = 11


Current Map

No need to roll a fort against that.

The tracks you are following lead you to a tunnel that Rhen was warned to stay away from. This is where the kobolds experienced dark shadowy things that would kill them. Every now and then you notice a shadow will poke its head out from a random spot and immediately return into the wall. No way to tell if it is one or many. This place looks like it was recently entirely caved in, but someone has dug out the collapsed area revealing a continuation of the tunnel.

I have moved your tokens on the map. How do you proceed?


Male half orc barbarian/2 Oracle(lunar)/4 HP 83/85 | AC 22 F 15 T 17 | F 8, R 5, W 5 | Init (-2) | Darkvision 60' | Percep +14 | CMB +7 | CMD 17 | Spells: 1st: 6/7 2nd: 4/4 | Rage: 8/13

"Ghostly things...ugh. I wonder if the zombies dug this out to go in, or something dug to get out? Rhen, want to take point? I'll be right behind you."


Human Witch 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 13(17) T 13 FF 10(14) | F +2 R +5 W +7 | Conditions: Mage Armor | 0/1 Levitate 6/6 Fly 6/6 Hair| Init +11 Perc +8 |
Spells:
0 - Det. Mgc, Guid, Mend, Rd. Mgc.; 1 - BHx2, Chill T, Enl Per, Ray of Enf; 2 - Agg. Thx2, Flurry Snx2, Web; 3 - Lightningx2, Prayer

"Now seems like a good time to cast defensive spells, if that is something you have prepared."

I can't recall when I activated Mage Armor. Probably when we first arrived at the monastery. Has it been an hour?


Current Map

Probably so. Will wait on the others to take any actions as you move into the tunnel.


HP 65 l AC 21 [+2 vs Traps] (T 15 FF 16) l F +6 R +12 W +5 (+2 vs Poison/Magic) l Ini +45 Perc +10 (+3 to unusal stone/Traps)

"Aye sorry bout that, seems I be goin' on automatic mode there. Me brain stopped by me body attacked." Rhen says "I will go first so I can tell ye if there be something in there." Rhen says moving into the tunnel.

Do I have to make a climb check? or am I crawling/Squeezing?

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27


Current Map

As you move into the tunnel there is a hole 30 feet across and is grimy, lichen-covered, and damp. It drops 40 feet into dark stagnant waters that Niu's gem of brightness reveals at the bottom of this hole. The reflection of the gem is visible below. The bottom of the shaft appears flooded.

Knowledge engineering or dungeoneering might be insightful.

MAP


HP 65 l AC 21 [+2 vs Traps] (T 15 FF 16) l F +6 R +12 W +5 (+2 vs Poison/Magic) l Ini +45 Perc +10 (+3 to unusal stone/Traps)

K Dungeon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Current Map

The hole is of even older construction than most of the finishing work in the upper levels, as if these upper chambers were completed long after this shaft. Its construction is similar to the upper levels of the monastery—efficient and precise, but without creative ornamentation. In places human hands have remodeled it. You also note scraping claw marks in the sludge-coated walls, revealing some creatures have climbed out.


HP 65 l AC 21 [+2 vs Traps] (T 15 FF 16) l F +6 R +12 W +5 (+2 vs Poison/Magic) l Ini +45 Perc +10 (+3 to unusal stone/Traps)

There be claw marks as well, somethin' climbed out o' here. Could be them Kobolds who were on the upper levels?' Rhen asks when he is done some scouting a head.


Human Witch 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 13(17) T 13 FF 10(14) | F +2 R +5 W +7 | Conditions: Mage Armor | 0/1 Levitate 6/6 Fly 6/6 Hair| Init +11 Perc +8 |
Spells:
0 - Det. Mgc, Guid, Mend, Rd. Mgc.; 1 - BHx2, Chill T, Enl Per, Ray of Enf; 2 - Agg. Thx2, Flurry Snx2, Web; 3 - Lightningx2, Prayer

"I always thought the 'dwarves digging so deep they uncovered a mysterious buried evil' stories were simply stories, but that appears to be what happened here.

Either that, or they found an abandoned Azlanti site like the burial mound and decided to repurpose it into a monastery."

Niu shrugs, not thinking that it matters much. "The previous cave-in... I imagine it was done deliberately, to hide this area. Something found it. Maybe the kobolds... They were the first ones to come back as undead."

Tapping himself with the wand of mage armor, he considers the situation. "Getting to the bottom depends greatly on how deep that water is. Perhaps you could all jump down into the water and then swim to the other side safely. Or, perhaps it is only a few inches deep and you all break your necks.

Perhaps there is a great tentacled beast waiting in the depths as well."

Picking up a rock from the passageway, Niu drops it into the water below to see if it sounds deep or shallow.


Current Map

The stone does not make a splat. It must be deeper than a few inches. There are stones to tie to if you decide to use rope.


Female Human Paladin 6th HP:72 |AC:18[T:12,FF:16]|F:+10|R:+7|W:+11|CMB:+8|CMB:20|Init:+2|Perception:+7|Glaive+10/+5,Da gger+8/+3Cestus+8/+3Warhammer+8/+3,Longsword+9/+4[+10/+5].Comp.Longbow+8/+4 1-2/2-/3-/4-

Kn Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Ziera watches the shadow and reaches up to clutch her holy symbol. She switches to her shield and Sword the familiar undead slaying longsword ready to strike at shadows.


Human Witch 6 | HP 42/42 | AC 13(17) T 13 FF 10(14) | F +2 R +5 W +7 | Conditions: Mage Armor | 0/1 Levitate 6/6 Fly 6/6 Hair| Init +11 Perc +8 |
Spells:
0 - Det. Mgc, Guid, Mend, Rd. Mgc.; 1 - BHx2, Chill T, Enl Per, Ray of Enf; 2 - Agg. Thx2, Flurry Snx2, Web; 3 - Lightningx2, Prayer

Niu pulls his coil of silk rope out of his Haversack, then ties it around a big rock. Tossing the other end down, he asks, "Who wants to be the first one to see if the tentacled beast simply isn't tricked by rocks?"

Looking at their heavy weapons and armor, he sighs. "I suppose nobody really wants to get wet, though, do they?"

Retrieving his scroll of Water Walk, he casts it, including all four party members. "That should last almost an hour. Hopefully we aren't down here longer than that."


Current Map

Ziera may ask two questions regarding shadows.

501 to 550 of 689 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry are the Dead All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.