GM Zer0darkfire's 1-03 The Mosquito Witch (Inactive)

Game Master zer0darkfire

Map Slide


201 to 250 of 251 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

With those notes, Thomas lights the torch, and carries it, looking around and prepared. He hopes.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

You enter a, normally dark, dank, somewhat smelly cave system. You reach a split in the caves with tracks going off in both directions.

Map Slide

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

"To the left looks as inviting as to the right." notes Hamir. "Shall we start that direction, then?" The halfling points to the left, still looking for the presence of magic auras.
Exploration mode: Detect magic

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

"Aye, either is the same as the other." Thomas looks ready to enter, but doesn't head to the front. He's a caster of magics - the front is not his place.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Perception by the PCs:

Hamir, Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Ravelgar, Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Amada, Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Thomas, Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
gwibble, Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
adds, Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

As you round the corner, you spot nasty looking creatures eyeing you dangerously!

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Oakfist
Enemies
Amada
Hamir
Gwibble
Thomas

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Ravelgar rushes forward towards the bloodseeker, homing in on the hum of it's wings. As he arrives just out of reach he plants his feet firmly into the ground, taking a stance that makes him sturdy as a mountain. "I'll handle this one. You lot take care of the others!" he shouts as he runs.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Just so you know, that is a swarm of bloodseekers, not just a single bloodseeker; although swarms aren't that much different than normal enemies this edition. Side note: Swarms can be grappled.

Orange and Red move up to engage Hamir.

shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4x2
shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

One of them manages to land a nasty hit on Hamir, but the other just barely misses!

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Oakfist
Enemies
Amada
Hamir
, -8hp
Gwibble
Thomas

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

The injured halfling's hands gesticulate as Hamir utters ancient syllables resulting in a ball of fire hurling at his attacker.
Ranged (produce flame) v. orange: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage (F): 1d4 ⇒ 3

The halfling then seeks cover from his allies.
Stride (again, hoping the bad guys have no AoO).

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

Fast little buggers- have to react NOW. Amada quickly uses what space he has to hurl his readied javelin at the creature still running up. Following that, he quickly scans the nearest target before sending Necalli out to attack it.
> Hunt Prey:Orange
> Strike (Thrown Javelin, vs Red, +1AC due to cover), 1Act
Javelin Strike vs Orange +1AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

> Command Animal, 1Act

”I’m not really the best at taking hits, friends; any assistance would be greatly appreciated!”


Necalli leaps from Amada’s shoulder to attack his nearest assailant.
> Strike (Beak, targeting Orange), 1Act
Beak Attack vs Orange: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage (+ 1d8 Hunter’s Edge: Precision for attacking Orange): 1d6 + 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + (6) + 2 = 10

> If Orange dies due to first attack, Stride to attack Red next turn, 1Act; else Strike Orange using Claw for 1Act
Claw Attack vs Orange: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage (+ 1d8 Hunter’s Edge: Precision if hitting Orange for the first time this turn): 1d4 + 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + (2) + 2 = 7

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

While he would like to help Amada, Thomas knows his skills work best after the fight is over. So, he attempts to do what he can in that direction. He calls upon the energies of the natural world, and throws an electric arc out, which jumps from one of them to the other. He then cries out "Erastil Guard me!" However, as he knows, Erastil helps those that help themselves. So, he pulls out one of his knives and readies it.


Casts Electric Arc, focusing on Red, then Orange. Each must make a check, same as before. Then, Interact to draw a knife from his bandolier.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

@Hamir, you forgot your spellcasting modifier to damage with produce flame. Also, you're calculating your bonus to hit incorrectly. A spell attack roll never uses dexterity or strength to hit this edition, it uses your spellcasting modifier. Instead of +5 to hit (2 from dex), you're +6 to hit (3 from charisma).

(With a 25 to hit instead of 24) Hamir critically blasts a mitflit in the head with a ball of fire. (Dealing 3+3=6x2=12 damage) Knocking the miserable creature out while it continues to burn.

Amada and his owl take out orange with a combination of javelin and beak!

The mitflit known as Gwibble moves closer and throws a dart at Amada.
dart: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
but just barely misses. As it goes by, you can see poison dripping onto the ground from the dart.

The swarm of bloodseekers moves to consume Oakfist.
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6 DC 20 reflex save

Thomas, it is now your turn and much has changed. Feel free to update or confirm your action.

Keep in mind you all have a hero point by default. Hamir gets an extra one for surviving a critical hit (my personal system to try to hand out some more).
Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Oakfist, reflex save
Enemies
Amada
Hamir, -8hp
Gwibble
Thomas

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

The bloodseeker swarm covers the rock dwarf with tiny puncture wounds. Ravelgar focuses the mountain into his fist and starts swinging.
Flurry of blows (1 action)
Falling Stone Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Falling Stone Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Ravelgar begins to pull away, realizing his comrades are in danger. "I've got a swarm here but I'm coming to help ya guys!"

Stride twice

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Same as before, but targeting the blue guy, instead.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Oakfist attempts to punch the swarm engulfing him, but the tiny bloodseekers pay no heed to his attacks. Miss and miss

gwibble reflex save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Gwibble gets shocked as he fails to dodge the bouncing lightning.

The swarm chases after Oakfist, biting him the whole time.
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6 DC 20 reflex
bleed recovery: 1d20 ⇒ 12 Still bleeding

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Oakfist, -7hp, Bleeding 1, reflex save
Enemies
Amada
Hamir
, -8hp
Gwibble, -7hp
Thomas

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

Seeing his fellow Pathfinder being drained of life-blood by the insects, Hamir forms another fireball and sends it toward the swarm.
Aiming for closest square where Oakfist is not .
Ranged (produce flame) v.swarm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage (F): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

He then steps away from the mass of bloodsuckers.
Stride

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

”Necalli!” Amada signals to his companion to attack the poisoner, drawing his own trident to prepare for close-quarters combat.
> Hunt Prey:Gwibble
> Ready Trident

> Command Animal, 1Act


Necalli takes to the air to harry the last of the blue creatures.
> Stride to be within range of Gwibble.
> Strike (Beak, targeting Gwibble), 1Act
Beak Attack vs Gwibble: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage (+ 1d8 Hunter’s Edge: Precision for attacking Gwibble): 1d6 + 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + (8) + 2 = 13

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Hamir's ball of fire blasts away part of the swarm.

Necalli tries to stab Gwibble with its beak, but the little Mitflit is nimble and dodges the blow.

Gwibble casts a spell!
will save, Necalli: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13? don't see its saves

He then tries to stab Necalli with his shortsword.
shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Not sure what his AC is; the will save result is also important

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Oakfist, -8hp, Bleeding 1, reflex save
Enemies, swarm -7hp
Amada
Hamir, -8hp
Gwibble, -7hp
Thomas

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Ravelgar continues to swat and smash at the buggers with his fist of stone.

Flurry of Blows
Falling Stone Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Falling Stone Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

He then makes his way past his allies, trying to get some distance between himself and the swarm, making his way towards the other threat. "Be careful, they will try ta bleed ya dry!" he blurts as blood slowly flows from the many tiny puncture wounds.


Stats:
Perception +5 
11/11 HP 
AC 16 
Fort 4 | Ref 6 | Will 5 
Fly 60', walk 10' 
Low Light Vision

Attacks: Beak+6, 1d6+2 P; Talon+2(MultiPen), 1d4+2 S

Acrobatics+6 
Athletics+5 
Stealth+6

My bad, keep forgetting that I couldn't figure out how to modify the alt to show stats without me C&P'ing them every post. Looks like a basic hit unless that save really nerfed AC.

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas pulls out the healing potion that the Society had handed him at the start, and then hands it to Amada. "Drink this!" He then looks at Gwibble (though he doesn't know the creature's name), and calls out "Erastil cause your feet to stumble!" while gesturing at the creature's feet with his now freed hand.

The ground at Gwibble's feet seems to grow a profusion of green vines and brambles.

Interact to draw the potion of minor healing, interact to give it to Amada, and then one action to cast my Focus spell Warped terrain, targeting the five foot square he is on. Unless he spends actions interacting with it, or uses the seek action, it is treated as difficult terrain.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

As the spell takes hold of Necalli, she looks especially fearful of the small mitflit. He takes advantage of the weakness and delivers a brutal stab, knocking out Necalli.

damage: 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + (5, 5) = 11

Oakfist tries to again smash the swarm of bugs, but both of his attacks miss the swarm. He also notices that his muscles feel weaker than they should.
flat check to stop bleeding: 1d20 ⇒ 12

The swarm moves to Thomas!
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7 DC 20 basic reflex save

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Oakfist, -8hp, Bleeding 1, Drained 1 (-1 to strength based rolls)
Enemies, swarm -7hp
Amada, Owl is dying 1
Hamir,
-8hp
Gwibble, -7hp
Thomas, reflex save

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

With his flames effective against the bugs, Hamir moves to get a clearer, safer view of them.
Stride

He then forms another fireball and sends it toward the swarm.
Aiming for closest square where allies are not .
Ranged (produce flame) v.swarm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage (F): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas attempts to avoid the swarm.

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

"You'll have to hold on a little longer, Necalli! I'll tend your wounds once we're out of this mess!" Amada takes stock of the situation quickly, positioning himself in a way that could be advantageous for his allies before striking out at the monster that downed his companion.

> Stride, Adjacent to Gwibble
> Strike (Trident Melee vs Gwibble), 1Act 
Trident Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage + Hunter's Edge: 1d8 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 3 = 7

> Strike (Trident Melee vs Gwibble), 1Act 
Trident Strike: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage + Hunter's Edge if First Attack Missed: 1d8 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 3 = 7

Excuse me a moment while I read up on dying rules again rq. EDIT: god why are my rolls always simultaneously goofy and terrible


Recovery Check Versus DC 10 +1 for Dying Severity: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Necalli's breathing levels out as her feathers catch the blood and thankfully cause it to congeal quickly.

At least I'm good at flat checks!

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Hamir's ball of fire sails past the bulk of the swarm.

will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

As Amada gets close to the mitflit, his confidence wanes, and his attacks miss.

Gwibble flails wildly as he tries to stab Amada with his shortsword repeatedly.
shortsword vs flatfooted: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) = 6
shortsword, attack 2: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 4 = 9
shortsword, attack 3: 1d20 + 11 - 8 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 8 = 9

Amada manages to dodge most of the attacks, only being stabbed once.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Oakfist, -8hp, Bleeding 1, Drained 1 (-1 to strength based rolls)
Enemies, swarm -7hp
Amada, -6hp, Owl is wounded 1
Hamir, -8hp
Gwibble, -7hp
Thomas, -7hp, bleeding 1, drained 1

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Ravelgar steps forward and launches an all out assault on the mitflit.

Flurry of blows and Strike for third action

Falling Stone Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Falling Stone Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Falling Stone Attack: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (13) - 4 = 9Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas moves out of the swarm, suddenly not feeling nearly so well. he gets a shot lined up, then once again throws the lightning at the mitflit.
Stride to new position. Electric Arc at Gwibble, that then arcs to the swarm, if it's possible.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Not that big of a deal since they missed, but don't forget Falling Stone Strikes are forceful, which means your second attack has +1 damage and your third has +2

will save, Oakfist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
reflex save, Gwibble: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
swarm reflex save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Oakfist rushes in, his confidence also washing away slightly, but his first attack clobbers Gwibble over the head.

While Gwibble is reeling, Thomas fires off a bolt of electricity that Gwibble fails to dodge, zapping him intensely.
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The electricity also bounces to the swarm, but most of the bugs dodge it, although clumps of them are still fried out of the air.

oakfist bleeding: 1d20 ⇒ 3
thomas bleeding: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Oakfist continues to bleed little by little, but Thomas' blood clots, although he still feels a little weaker than normal.

The swarm moves to cover Hamir!
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5 basic reflex save

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Oakfist, -8hp, Bleeding 1, Drained 1 (-1 to strength based rolls)
Enemies, swarm -10hp
Amada, -6hp, Owl is wounded 1
Hamir
, -8hp, reflex save
Gwibble, -18hp
Thomas, -7hp, drained 1

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Hamir once again forms a fireball, he waves it back and forth in an effort to drive off the insects before he hurls it toward the center of the swarm's mass.

Ranged (produce flame) v. swarm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage (F): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

He then runs from the buzzing pests, deciding to take his chances with the other foe.

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

"Blasted fiend! You've already lost this fight, give up or perish!" Amada's threat falls short due to his disheartened demeanor, but as he circles around to strike the creature from behind, he sends a swift prayer to Erastil that his trident strikes true.

> Stride, Flank with Ravelgar vs. Gwibble
> Strike (Trident Melee vs Flat Footed Gwibble), 1Act
Trident Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage + Hunter's Edge: 1d8 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + (2) + 3 = 6

> Strike (Trident Melee vs Gwibble), 1Act
Trident Strike: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damage + Hunter's Edge if First Attack Missed: 1d8 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + (7) + 3 = 16

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Well whoops, I was using the high tier stats for the boss. Main difference is 4 AC, 20hp, and +2 hit, my bad there I accidentally scrolled past the low tier version and the very next page is the high tier.

Amada flanks with Oakfist and his first attack knocks Gwibble out while Hamir torches the remaining bugs in the swarm!

Combat Over!

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

"Excellent job burning out that swarm." says Ravelgar, as he starts to wrap up his wounds to stop the bleeding. "How about we take a breather and then go delve a little deeper."

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

"Yes. Amada, you have that healing potion I handed you, yes? Who needs it most? I can also use some of the herbs just outside to help with a poultice, but it will take time."

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

Amada sighs in relief and starts fishing through his pack. "I can provide assistance in tending to the wounded. First Aid is essential in the wilderness after all." Amada pulls out the healing potion and quickly scans the group before deciding Ravelgar probably needs it the most. "Here, this should help. I can try to staunch the bleeding as well, hold a moment while I grab my supplies."

Treat wounds to staunch bleeding can be done in a combat round, so I'll try to do that before hitting anyone with a full medicine check. Amada has a +5 so the check has almost no chance of Crit failure, but needs a 10 to pass. If that's okay with Ravelgar, he can roll the check to see if he can try to staunch the wound earlier. Alternatively, if the potion stops bleeding and I just missed that in the rules text, that also works. Either way, sounds like Thomas and Amada can take about 20 minutes trying to patch folks up.

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Looking through his own supplies, and ducking out the cave, Thomas plucks a few of the plants and starts to mix them.

Thomas has Natural Medicine, so uses Herbalism for his medicine skill, with a +7. So, yeah, 20 minutes for both sounds about right.

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

Forgot Amada had Natural Medicine as well since he's getting rebuilt after this session to have Assurance:Medicine as his background feat instead, so actually +6 here.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Hand waving rolls to patch each other up as there is no more combat.

As you head down the cavern you find a group of 11 non-combatant mitflits, who beg for their lives. "Gwibble! It all Gwibble! Him made us! We sneaks around as witchy witch, but she be becoming mad now. We try warn Gwibble, he no listen, now Gwibble dead and witch angry!"

They are adamant that the Mosquito Witch is real, and that they have seen her glowing red eyes in the darkness and heard the buzzing of her wings in the forest at night. They believed at first that by helping spread fear of the Mosquito Witch, she would spare them from her wrath, but now they’re not as sure

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

"Where might we find the Witch, to assuage her anger?"

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

"No no, witch find you. We thinking that act like witch, spread fear, make witch happy. Now we the scared ones." the mitflits reply.

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

"Well, what did you think it would do. You go messing about in it's domain and it's bound to attack you." says Ravelgar, still keeping pressure on his puncture wounds.

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

"I suspect that the witch may be more angry if you were not to tell us all that you know about her." Hamir ponders aloud.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas reaches into his pack, grumbling slightly under his breath. "Thought we got all those. Shoulda spoke up."

He begins mixing things together.

Herbalism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

"Blast it, not enough left. That's why."

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

The mitflits explain how they used their control over vermin to pose as the Mosquito Witch and frighten villagers.

None of the mitflits have any explanation for a number of recent events, such as the carriage crash, Andor’s disease, or where Quintus went beyond their own fearful mutterings that these events were likely the doing of the Mosquito Witch. The more inexplicable evidence the you provide, the more terrified the mitflits become, increasingly worried that the Mosquito Witch is real, that she’s near, and that she will kill them for impersonating her.

The mitflits piteously offer all of their treasure in return for their lives, which consists of 17 copper pieces, a wolf fang talisman, and a variety of nearly worthless scraps of metal and cloth. (3 Treasure Bundles)

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

No interaction since last post, so I'm continuing.

Defeating Gwibble and the mitflits ends the slough of attacks on Shimmerford, though the villagers are slow to return in the wake of the insect plague. Haru, the exorcist thanks them sincerely, but she quickly departs to continue trying to find her friend Lasarte. A few days after you defeat Gwibble and his mitflit warriors, the entire mitflit compound collapses in a freak cave-in, a small and intricate paper doll found in the mud nearby. Whether this is the doing of the Mosquito Witch or another force seeking revenge on the mitflits remains a mystery.

And thats it! Scenario over!

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

Sorry for the lack of interaction. Holiday travel and then heavy workload on return has limited my posting.

@ GM Zer0darkfire - Thank you for running. These was a fun, little scenario. I enjoyed it very much, including the extra flourishes that you added.

@ All - I enjoyed this group. Fun to interact with. I look forward to sharing a table with each of you in the future.

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Same here. Always great to have you DM Zer0darkfire. Hope you and everyone have a great holiday.

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

Apologies for the lack of interaction around the falling action, I recently had to run this scenario for a local group and that combined with being a new player and not really knowing how to do PbP wind-down made me think it’d be better to let other players take the reins there if they wanted to.

@all: Thanks for being a great group! This was my first PbP, so I was a bit nervous going in but you guys made it pretty easy to get comfortable with the format. I hope everyone else enjoyed the experience as much as I did, and hopefully I’ll see you guys around the PbP forums again in the future. +)

201 to 250 of 251 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zer0darkfire's 1-03 The Mosquito Witch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.